Speaker 1: Meet our guest.
Speaker 2: Mystery guest much more thrilling than the rest.
Speaker 3: Mystery.
Speaker 4: All right, our mystery guest is on the line now, Jason, I know who it is.
Speaker 5: You need to bring me in.
Speaker 4: Clint doesn't know, which means Remember the last time it was on me and I didn't know. Now it's your turn not to know why I'm so excited about I'm nervous.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, Do you want to ask the mystery guest question? He's on the line, can I? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, mystery guest is joining us on FaceTime. I won't bring up the screens. You'll just be able to hear the already.
Speaker 5: Good morning, mystery guest.
Speaker 7: Good morning as I'll start it off for you if you like, right, you know David Beckham?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you do. Have you met your David Beckham?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Are you an athlete? You look like one. Have you got a six pack?
Speaker 2: I've what currently currently that's a really difficult question to answer.
Speaker 7: Currently at some point in my life, yes, with.
Speaker 6: Like the most famous six pack of all time?
Speaker 5: Is this mystery guest was?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'll give you another clue, you know, Robbie Williams.
Speaker 3: Yes, Robbie Williams was our last mystery Peter, it's mysterious guests.
Speaker 5: Kidding me, Peter andre As, I live and breathe.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd bring it in generally because I thought if you were going to be disappointed that you didn't have David or Robbie, I thought, at least if I sort of bring their names out of it, which you in different stages before you've had to accept what you are left with.
Speaker 1: Peter, That's exactly what happened with Robbie. I have to say. It's not Mariah Carey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was Harry Jeez.
Speaker 5: Have a look at you. You're still really handsome.
Speaker 4: Oh my, isn't it now, Peter andre you are I'm going to say, back home. You grew up in Australia and you're back in the country, not.
Speaker 6: To sing this time, but for a movie.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: It's the absolute coincidence about this is just unbelievable that I'm not only we're launching my first feature film, or the first feature film where I'm starring, it is that it's going to be launched.
Speaker 7: The premieer is going to be exactly at the same.
Speaker 2: Place I did my first ever public performance thirty two years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, we're at from the GC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about the home of the art hot hotel.
Speaker 2: Hotel, it's hotel, yeah, and it's where the film Festival is this year.
Speaker 7: And honestly, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: And it so happens that mum and dad live on the Gold Coast, so I've got to come back, and it's just it's been a bit of a bit.
Speaker 7: Of a buzz.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people forget that.
Speaker 4: You well, you were born in the UK, right, and then you went to school in Australia.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I came here when I was six and then so I was on the Gold Coast before there were any high rises.
Speaker 7: I remember seventy nine, can you believe it?
Speaker 2: And and just to tell people about that time, I remember I worked all weekend and got fifty cents, right, and that fifty cents got me a cheeseburger at McDonald's. And I remember walking to McDonald's. Took me twenty five minutes to walk there to get a cheeseburger. And that's how my life was. It was like these amazing moments of like are.
Speaker 1: We talking we're talking pre media maids on the Gold Coast media.
Speaker 7: Mates were there? I think early eighties.
Speaker 8: Are You've got three years though I shouldn't have been looking to be fair, but I can tell you for the record, I was six years old and seven months when I saw my first meta made.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, love.
Speaker 6: Very specific, that's very Gold Coast.
Speaker 9: Peter Andre nineteen ninety six, Mysterious Girl. That's almost thirty years.
Speaker 7: It's thirty years, I know.
Speaker 2: And actually I released it the first time in Australia in England, sorry, in nineteen ninety five anniversary.
Speaker 6: Does it feel like thirty years ago?
Speaker 2: No? And I think what's the hardest bit about it is knowing that I was twenty two when I did it.
Speaker 7: That's the hardest bit. So then I figure out my age and I'm like, oh, what.
Speaker 5: Was life like as a twenty two year old when you're Peter Andre?
Speaker 2: You know, I kind of get a I kind of get a bit annoyed at myself because I should have just really enjoyed every minute. And I feel I've got to be honest, and I'm always the first to admit this. I feel I became a bit arrogant in those days. And I kind of regret that a bit because I should have just realized that, you know, it doesn't last forever, and that it was such a great privilege to have that. But at the time, you just you're not thinking, You're just are you young too?
Speaker 1: You're young?
Speaker 4: Do you think do you think you would have preferred to be a pop star back in nineteen ninety six or now?
Speaker 2: I think back then was great because if you were known, you were known by everybody. You see what I mean by that is okay, if you've got social media now and then my kids will say, oh, this person's the most famous person in music.
Speaker 7: Now they're number one, but I know.
Speaker 2: If they walk down the streets, I wouldn't I wouldn't recognize that they were. So the difference was back then, if Guns and Roses were on the radio, or if Michael Jackson or Prince or Madonna or any of these people were on the radio, these they were, they were known by everybody. You could walk down the street, anybody would know who they were. So I think for that, yes, the nineties were great. But now social media is brilliant because you can reach more.
Speaker 1: People in the day just on your kids. Because I've got three boys. I love embarrassing them.
Speaker 7: Surely that's our job, that's our job.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, mate. And surely there would be moments that you'd be with the kids and you might be somewhere where they're playing your song and they'd be like, oh.
Speaker 7: That's that's where.
Speaker 2: That's where mobile phones are really handy, because you just act like you've got a call and you go, I'll be back in a second, and I go.
Speaker 6: You don't embrace it.
Speaker 7: It's so the thing is I should, right, but I don't know. Yeah, no, it's a bit.
Speaker 2: It's always embarrassing because you think, you think, are people cringing like your criminals?
Speaker 4: You know what, Peter Andre, If I was sitting in a cafe, a restaurant, a bar, if I could be anywhere, I could be on a train, if your song came on and you got up and I saw, oh my god, that's Peter Andre there just jigging out to his own song, I would lose my money and you might be able.
Speaker 2: You would probably call the hospital and they listen, this guy's a bit.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I'd be dead on the floor having a heart attack because my life would be fulfilled.
Speaker 1: That'd be more shocked. Lauren was on a train.
Speaker 7: This is where I'm not in on it the story. Give me more, tell me more.
Speaker 6: They think I'm a snob. I might be in that era. You know how you said before when you.
Speaker 4: Were really, like, really doing a great job and you've got a bit cocky.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's la Lauren about five years and over. It'll be like, I just want to apologize.
Speaker 7: What I do.
Speaker 2: I do think I mean because some of the videos we filmed back then were in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: You're in Melbourne, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I had some amazing experiences down there because that's where probably most of our videos were filmed. And and I hadn't been back for thirty years. And then when I came back two years ago I think it was, and one of the interviews was in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: So I went to Melbourne and I called up Molly Meltwles.
Speaker 2: I hadn't spoken to him for years, and I'd heard he'd had an accident, so I went I was actually near to where he lived. I didn't know he still lived in the same place. Yeah, So I went over and saw him and it was like it was just the most unbelievable thing. After all those years to go back and remember where it sort of all happened in that that part of Melbourne.
Speaker 7: I think was near there as well.
Speaker 9: I think word in Richmond where he's his home. He's a Egyptian styles extraordinary.
Speaker 6: The paintings on the fence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, painting his fence.
Speaker 1: Does he I imagine, be like a musical museum.
Speaker 4: He had like a Melbourne storm player in the same Kilda player or something on his fence, didn't he know?
Speaker 2: What was interesting is you know, God bless him because he had that accident.
Speaker 7: I thought he wouldn't because he couldn't speak much.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: He did a speech it had declined, which was really sad.
Speaker 2: But he remembered stories honestly that were just I forgot the.
Speaker 7: Stories, you know, filled things.
Speaker 2: And he even remembered my first girlfriend that I used to I used to say to them, Molly.
Speaker 7: Am I okay to bring my girlfriend over because I didn't know where else to go. He remembers all these stories.
Speaker 9: It's just good.
Speaker 5: Do you remember your first girlfriend?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just got to go. Guys.
Speaker 6: Does she still live in Melbourne? Was Melbourne girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We should find it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what, Actually, I am one of those people that would love, not not necessarily girlfriends is not the right thing to do, but to see my old friends. I met up with someone here that I haven't seen for thirty years the other day. Every time I come back to Australia, I really go down this nostalgic thing.
Speaker 1: That's cool, that's good.
Speaker 4: And now we've talked about the music which I grew up with the feet I was dancing in my room on my own to Mysterious Girl, thinking it was about me. Let's talk about the movie because the movie is meant to be a lot of fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the film's called to Fakan and the meaning of it is in the title. It's a fake j're making and what it is. It's a highest movie, but one like you've never seen before. It's the kind of humor that I loved growing up watching. It's the kind of humor that I love in films. So when I had the opportunity to do this, I was so excited. And it's about a guy called Gary Gary Buckle, the character I play. He's basically been kicked out of his home in Australia, sent packing back to London to live with the one person that would have him, and that was his nan. And the reason he got kicked out in Australia was because he was a wheeler dealer, always getting himself in trouble, up to no good anyways, living with his nan. His NaN's now in a care home fee sorry, in a care home, and he's using her money to go and you know, to go and try and do deals. And now he's spent all her money and now she's in arrears at the care home. And so basically I try everything, has been a small time crook. I try everything to get money for her, to help her to stay in the care home. And eventually I come up with this plan because somebody tells me that Gary, the character Gary, looks like this guy in Jamaica who's about to inherit three million.
Speaker 6: You're a scared ye.
Speaker 2: So they're like, well, he's locked up in jails. If you go out there, you look like and just keep your mouth shut, go and get the job done, Go and sile papers. Of course, it's never going to happen. So this highst movie takes you on a full journey. It's lighthearted, it's fun, it's brilliant fun.
Speaker 1: Are you are you enjoying comparing movies to music, is the love there as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I studied acting as a kid, and I actually failed in music, which, as I say to people, probably probably explained to her lot.
Speaker 7: But I love doing the music stuff. Of course.
Speaker 2: You know, I was a huge Michael Jackson fan. I mean it was so obvious and so for me it was like I was just living my dream. But I always said to Dad, when I get to my forties, I'm going to move into acting, and he was probably thinking, yeah, whatever, just go do your homework. And then when I got to forty seven, I did my first short film in America, and then subsequently I did probably three or four short films in America after that, and then went into a did a small part in Freddie NOACA's feature prior to this, and then I got this role. So yeah, I love it. I've got a drive just like I had back in the day when I did music. Still do gigs and I still love that, but you know, I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to gigs.
Speaker 1: You should have seen Lawrence were booking for your birthday, Lauren.
Speaker 2: You've got to see us live because we use we do when we do performances back home. Even though the stuff I released was very poppy. Actually, the stuff I grew up loving was funk and soul. So we've got a really incredible funk soul band that we work with, and so when we do live gigs, we do a lot of our stuff obviously, but we we do slightly kind of more funked up versions and our life gigs is so much fun in England. But I am doing when I come back, when I do the film premiere.
Speaker 7: Which is tomorrow night. Yes, they said, would you get up and do a couple of songs and on me?
Speaker 1: Okay, no no no no no no, no no no, he was saying he was able to get.
Speaker 7: No, it's only two hour flights.
Speaker 5: You do not know what you are starting to describe, Lauren.
Speaker 6: What do you want someone to do?
Speaker 1: The rat Peter, I cannot stressen that. I mean when you open this can of worms.
Speaker 7: I mean, Lauren's confidence is amazing. Yeah, we might be missing a trip.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, Actually I've got a sample that I can play you. What side this? This was recorded when we were off the air the other day.
Speaker 6: Get us sun Girl, Oh my dum, show me.
Speaker 1: That you mag.
Speaker 4: If you don't want because he's sure, you don't need me, doll.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 7: That was good behind hold on, sorry, oh no, sorry, we've got someone for the rap sounds.
Speaker 6: Peter, how did you break my do it?
Speaker 7: Let's do it. I'm waiting for you.
Speaker 4: All right, Well we want to play. We want to play Peter Andre banger after this? So do we do Mysterious Girl or do we do gimme a little sign? Like what was your favorite to perform or was it something else?
Speaker 7: Give me a little sign. I haven't heard that for years.
Speaker 6: It's such a banger. Don't you do that when you do your live show?
Speaker 2: And you know, no, not in England because they never heard it. They we actually might do it tomorrow night for a bit of fun. But with that song, Molly, this is how a genius Molly Mulden was.
Speaker 7: He played me that.
Speaker 2: Song, the original which was by a guy called Brenton Wood.
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 6: Was that not your song?
Speaker 7: No? And he said, I want you to do this.
Speaker 2: So the first song I released was called I can't remember what it was in Australia, but it wasn't give me a little Sign crazy, that's right, that was one I'd written. And then he gave me this song and I heard it and he goes, you're going to record this and it's going to be a smash.
Speaker 7: I nearly cried. I just was like, how what? It was nothing like any kind of song I ever listened to. Or I didn't want to do it. Yeah, I didn't want to do it, and he said to me, you're going to think it.
Speaker 2: One day, and I was like, I felt and I can say this now, I felt almost forced into doing it. I am so thankful he forced me to do it because that triggered everything that then when so he his genius is unbelievable because I did not want to do that song.
Speaker 5: Good mystery, it's a great mystery. It looks the same, look the same.
Speaker 6: You haven't age to tell me.
Speaker 5: That you don't have washboard apps?
Speaker 4: Still have you still got the abs ish So about three years ago they went into hypernation.
Speaker 2: Every time I keep going, come on, just just come out for the summer, they're like, year it happens.
Speaker 1: Peter, Hi, Peter, congratulations on the movie, mate. I'm so glad. I'm so glad you're enjoying that next phase of your career, and thanks so much for jumping on this morning. Honestly, it's been a real trait.
Speaker 6: Enjoy Australia.
Speaker 2: I want to come when I come to Melbourne next time. Please let me come and see you guys.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you don't need to ask me twice.
Speaker 2: Peter Lauren, Lauren, I'm seeing you tomorrow night. I don't even know what you're talking.
Speaker 6: I'm doing the wrap all right, I'm off to practice.
Speaker 1: Live Here we go.
Speaker 5: We love your Pete, love you to love you mate.
Speaker 7: Are Goods and Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials
Speaker 4: M