Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. The government shut down continues with a shock and mission about who's responsible and why, plus Trump twenty twenty eight, a surprising prediction about a possible third term. Yes you heard that right, and the left loses it over the White House's new ballroom because hey, they don't have enough to be angry about already. But first, well, I'm not even sure I have words to describe what I'm about to show you here, but suffice it to say it is the absolute wildest campaign attack had I have ever seen in all of my decades watching political campaigns in an electoral race that is in some ways the most defining and fascinating race in the US at the moment. Now. The out of to show you is AI generated, of course, and it is so unbelievably over the top that barely twenty minutes after the campaign behind it put it up on the Internet, they pulled it back down. So fierce was the criticism over what they put to air. And it was generated by the campaign for Andrew Cuomo, the Democrat turned independent who is desperately hoping to keep the radical Democrat socialist Zoron mom Donnie from becoming the next mayor of New York City in a couple of weeks. Now, I saw this ad and I thought, no way, this has to be a gop. Some edgy pranksters have come up with this and put it out there on the Cuomo's behalf. But no, no, I checked it out. It's got the official authorized by Cuomo tag at the end, and news reports have confirmed that the video was indeed a real deal product of the campaign. And because the Internet is forever well, I'm going to be able now to bring you a bit of this two minute long magnum opus of a campaign attack ad, which may as well be called Criminals for Zoron. Here's a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: Zoron mom Donnie's opponents want you to believe he's an inexperienced radical whose policies will make New York City more dangerous.
Speaker 2: But what do his actual supporters think.
Speaker 4: Mom Donnie isn't crazy.
Speaker 5: He's just trying to even the play.
Speaker 6: In field, you know, give everyone a fair shot.
Speaker 2: Sure, he said multiple times we need to defund.
Speaker 4: The police, but that was just a metaphor, And yes he did.
Speaker 7: Say crime is a social construct, but that was also a metaphor.
Speaker 8: His main backer the democratic socialist ideas are common sense.
Speaker 6: Such as see criminalizing misdemeanors like shoplifting, trespassing, and drunk driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, right. I mean that's a bit chieven for me, though, I have to say the bit where he shoves a fist full of rice into his gob is a nice touch, a call out to the cringeworthy videos Mom Donnie does eating with his hands to emphasize his ethnic authenticity. But let's take a little bit more of the ad, shall we.
Speaker 6: Mom Donnie is finally lowering jail sentences guilty, but Mom Donnie says, you're free to go.
Speaker 2: Woo who cares?
Speaker 6: In Legalizing prostitution statistically leads to an increase for.
Speaker 3: Sex trafficking of women and young girls by seventy percent.
Speaker 7: You can't have safety without equality.
Speaker 6: For unlawful abiding citizens like us globalize the empty fudd.
Speaker 4: I'm a criminal, I'm a criminal. I'm a criminal.
Speaker 1: I'm a criminal.
Speaker 4: Yep, I'm a criminal for so wrong.
Speaker 9: Fizar, I'm mom Donnie. I didn't have a real job until I was thirty, but sure, give you the keys of the city.
Speaker 2: What's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 10: People?
Speaker 11: For n.
Speaker 2: Wow, how good is that? I mean, there's a lot to unpack here. And was the ad over the top?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 2: Was it racist like some people say, I mean the Guardian said it was, go figure, But frankly you have to admire the efforts of the producers to make sure the criminal class was shall we say, plenty diverse. Was it a sign of desperation on the part of the Cuobo camp, Well, no doubt, because all the betting markets and the polls suggest Mom Donnie's gonna roop it in. But was the ad inaccurate? Well? Look, if people are mad at it, it's not because it's wrong, but because it hits too close to home, Zorn. Mom Donnie is the distilled essence of where young radical leftism is going in America and where that force could take the wider Democrat party. Mam Donnie has said over and over and over again that he wants to yes defund the police, which is barely the worst of it. The other day, Mom Donnie himself, a Muslim, posed up with Imam Siraj Wahadge out of Brooklyn Mosque. Now normally nothing wrong with that, except for oh yeah, wah. Hodge is a legendary supporter of terrorism and was an unindicted co conspirator in the nineteen ninety three plot to blow up the World Trade Center. Yet again, as I say, all the polls suggest New Yorkers are eating this up. A combination of farn born New Yorkers and Trump loathing locals seemed ready to push him over the line, and at a recent debate, Mom Donnie was ready to punch that Trump button hard. Look.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump ran on three promises. He ran on creating the single largest deportation force in American history, I'm going after his political enemies, and he ran on lowering the cost of living. If he wants to talk to me about the third piece of that agenda, I will always be ready and willing. But if he wants to talk about how to pursue the first and second piece of that agenda at the expense of New Yorkers, I will fight him every single step of the way.
Speaker 2: And oh how they cheered. And you know what, I'm starting to think about New York, what the hell with it? Let him have it? In fact, yeah, let's do this. Now. This program is generally not in the business of making formal political endorsements, but in this case, you know what, we're going to make an exception. That's right, the US report is endorsing Democrats, Socialist and Subway Gormond Zoron Mom Donnie for mayor of New York City because you know what, this crypto Marxist who wants to destroy the city's tax base and open government run grocery stores and everything else is exactly precisely what New Yorkers and I once was myself deserve. Look here's an example of what's going on here. For years and years, African migrants had been selling knockoff handbags, trinkets, and drugs at this open air market in Canal Street in Lower Manhattan. This footage from Polego commentator Savannah Hernandez. And some of them even would go so far as to assault those who tried to film what was going on. You'd think this was a blight. You'd think New Yorkers would be grateful to the FEDS for cleaning up this. I I sore, but no. Guess what happened when ICE agents moved in to raid the markets. The other day, Well guess what, anti ICE protesters swarmed the raid, swarmed the officers and tried to block agents from arresting the illegals. And guess what. They also had a few choice words for the ICE officers charming, shrug this guy.
Speaker 12: Anymore?
Speaker 2: Say yes, how much college debt are they paying off? Then later they held a protest. Of course, well guess what Canal Street is now cleaned up? Look at that? And according to Homeland Security, the none illegal aliens arrested in the raid, some of them having violent rap sheets, including on charges including robbery, burglary, domestic violence, assaulting law enforcement, counterfeiting, drug trafficking, drug possession, and forgery. Well they're all in jail. So you know what, if New York's lefties think that having some criminal migrants selling counterfeit goods adds vibrancy to their urban miliu, I say good luck to them. Let them have their mom Donnie, and let him turn the city into exactly what they dream of, because you know, as the great H. L. Mancoln once said, democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. All right, So much to get into tonight. So let's get stuck right into it now with former White House Press Secretary Shawn Spicer. Sean, thanks for joining me. Big news just broke a couple of hours ago. Here. Former Trump's strategist Steve Bannon has made an amazing claim here that Donald Trump will be president again after twenty twenty eight. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: Well, he's going to get a third term, so Trump twenty eight. Trump is going to be president in twenty eight, and people just sorted to get accommodated with that.
Speaker 1: So what about the twenty second Amendment?
Speaker 8: There's many different alternatives. At the appropriate time will lay out what the plan is. But there's a plan, and President Trump will be the president in twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Now, Sean, I know we've all seen, you know, the President go around trolling people with his Trump twenty twenty eight hats. Do you think there's any real story behind this?
Speaker 13: So I gotta be honest with you. I had Steve on my show on Friday. I asked him the same question. He gave the same answer. He believes that this is going to happen. The details are what matter. Look, I have a believe that it's got to go two ways. One, there's not a legal avenue for it to happen. And secondly, and most importantly, the president Trump would want to have to do it. I think he is love being president, which is what Steve is correct about, But I have a hard time thinking that he really wants to go through this again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Look, I think I think you're you're right on that, and it is you know, he's going to be an older gentleman by this point, and it does a fairly wearying job here. So yeah, look, I'm with you. I think I think we have to sort of put this one in the well maybe kind of camp.
Speaker 13: But but but here's the thing, and the questioner asked the same thing I did, which is just walk me through the legal strategy. And when you tell somebody like, you know, we don't want to get into it yet, that that's telling right if you said that you believe that the constitutional amendment is dubious or there's this legal strategy, okay, but when you're not willing to reveal it. Look, Steve has been saying this very consistently. It's a smart guy. So like on that front, I do always wonder if he's got something up his sleeve. But I have not been able to find a constitutional lawyer that suggests that that's possible. It's not like he started half a term. I know there's some people who who I mean, look, I believe that he got robbed in his first term because of this whole false Russia hoax. That's neither here nor there. You can't say, well, I get a do over. So I again, until somebody I'm not a lawyer, but but until somebody makes a case, a legal case to me that is compelling, I find it a little dubious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I think this is one to watch. Let's put it in keep it into the sort of the fairly dubious camp for now. But as you say, one to watch here. Hey also wanted to ask you about this here too, though, because you're a former press secretary at the White House and I want to get your thoughts on this savage takedown from Carolyn Levitt to her predecessor, Karine Jean Pierre, who is also I believe, out there touting in other books. Let's have a look at this. Well.
Speaker 10: With all due respect to my predecessor, she is one of the main culprits of the greatest cover up and scandal in American history. She took the podium every day and lied to the press about the incompetence of her boss. I'm very proud to work for the greatest president in history. I know Karine unfortunately worked for the most incompetent president in history. So I guess she has a reason to be bitter. But being bitter will not sell you books.
Speaker 2: And Sean Krein, Jean Pierre has been doing a great job talking about this stuff because here she was being interviewed about her cover up tactics when it came to the decline of President Biden.
Speaker 3: When we talk about the mental acuity, and again I take this very very seriously. I never saw anyone who wasn't there. I saw someone who was always engaged. I saw someone who understood policy, pushed us on the policy.
Speaker 2: Always there. Sean, what do you make of that?
Speaker 13: Well, that's a lie. But you know the reason is and and you know the marketplace, James, is what really tells you whether or not people are buying it. I want to congratulate Cring John Pierre for cracking the top twenty five thousand in book sales in her first twenty four hours. I'm not kidding when I say that most people. I remember when my first book debuted, I think I was in the top, you know, fifteen books in the country. She's in the top twenty five thousand. No one is buying the book, No one is buying the story. She is in a very tough place. Look the worst part about her She also claims she left the Democratic Party. I don't think she's sort of an island right now trying to figure out if anybody will listen to her. I think I'm actually amazed that some of these news outlets have chosen to even have her on.
Speaker 2: I mean, as a former press secretary, wouldn't it almost be better for her if she wanted to get that publicity, to come clean and say, look, this guy was a mess, we all saw it.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Look I the excerpts that I've seen of her book right now, she's in a very weird spot because she had to pick what saw who she was going to try to get on her side. She attacks sort of a lot of the Biden establishment, claiming that they were going after her as a woman of color. Anita Dunn is one of those sort of people that she really points a finger at and she talks about or leave. So I think she had to pick a side James and was like, Okay, I'm going to make sure the president knows I have his back because everybody else has thrown him under the bus, including Kamala Harris. So I'll say that he did a good and just take pot shots at the senior staff. Look bottom line, like I said, the marketplace is showing that no one cares what she has to say, never mind believes her. I think it was a cheap shot for her to really go after Caroline and call her a deplorable, which is what she was responding to in that clip that you play's She was a bad not just a bad she was probably the worst preseecretory in history. She was unqualified for that position in every sense of the way. Jensaki lied about her qualifications for it. That those guys should just walk away, they should go get a teaching job at some liberal university in America and tell war stories. But the reality is too Here's the other dirty secret that no one will ask her she talks about when she saw the president. I would challenge people to ask her a simple question, how often did you ever ever interact with President Biden during your tenure as presecretary, Because when I was pre secretary for President Trump, I bet you before noon on any given day, I interacted with him probably ten times. I have a feeling that she didn't interact with him ten times in a given week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think that's right. That's what everybody, all the reports all said was that, you know, all the staffers were basically kept away from the president. But before I'll let you go, we got to talk a little bit of serious news here with the government shutdown, which is now officially the second longest in history. With this stalemate, Sean, we've seen a whole bunch of fascinating things, including the President announcing that a billionaire has offered to step in and pay military salaries. Can the Democrats? Have the Democrats painted themselves into a corner with this, because of course, you know, it's their votes that are stopping the government from opening back up, not the Republicans one hundred percent.
Speaker 13: And you know, look, in the past twenty four hour, Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin offered up legislation that the Senate voted on that would pay active duty service members. And what we refer to as essential personnel, meaning the folks that are being forced to work without pay. Those are your law enforcement folks, border patrol TSA agents, flight control tower type folks, those people who are working right now without pay. Senator Johnson's bill would have said, if we're forcing you to work, which the military is as well, then you get paid. Democrats all voted in lockstep to not pay them. I believe that this is an opportunity for Republicans to step up to the plate and really paint them as the crazy nutjobs that they are, because the idea that and you hear terms from Democrats right now that said these are political stunts, right, I don't understand how it's a political stunt to pay active duty military members, border patrol TSA agents, air traffic controllers. That really shows you how little they care about these people that.
Speaker 2: They purport to support and defend. Well indeed, I mean Democrats for unpaid labor. I kind of feel like I've seen that before in the history books. Shawn Spicer, thank you so much for joining me as always on the US Report.
Speaker 4: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Well. Thrilled to be joined now by editor at large at the Wall Street Journal and great friend of this show, Gerard Baker. Gerard, thanks for joining me here. I want to start out here by talking about the media in the US right now, and specifically what is going on at CBS now. They've recently brought in Barry Weiss to run their news division, but The New York Post has just reported that she now has to have a suite of bodyguards traveling with her now, because apparently free speech in America is such that if you question the leftist narrative or upset it all, you could wind up being in some sort of physical harm. And it brings me to a great piece you've got in the Wall Street Journal this week, where you talk about the broader problem with the media and the sheer horizontal and vertical reach of the progressive mindset in newsrooms, the entrenched nature of their ideological skew will militate against a successful resetting of their co How big a challenge, and I think that subs it up. But how big a challenge is Barry Wise and anybody else who wants to see fairness in the American media up against?
Speaker 1: Well, good to see you again, James, Look, I thank you very much referencing the column is the problem with the American media, and I think it's very much the same in Australia. I know it's the same in the UK. Two is not something that can be fixed by just changing the people at the top, by just ordering, you know, someone even with great power and great talent, as Barry Weiss I must say, has just ordering people to do journalism differently. It doesn't work like that. These institutions are absolutely crawling with people of a particular progressive liberal mindset. They go into journalism for that reason. They go into journalism because they kind of lean in that direction. They take over, or rather they're recruited into these large media organizations where they basically all agree with each other on all the important issues of the day. That's an entrenched situation in pretty well every major user. There are some exceptions, and indeed the only way, you know, the only way you get an exception is by actively repopulating a news organization so that it does move in a different direction. Otherwise the natural direction of these places is to go like that. So again, while I applaud what's going on in the American media, we've seen it with as you said, Barry Weise taking over at CBS. Jeff Bezos is trying to make some important changes to the Washington Post. There are some other indications that maybe other news organizations have finally woken up with the sort of woke progressive crowd and just how damaging it is. They've got an incredible task ahead of them, because it's not just many enough, as I say, to change the person at the top. They've got to change the people, They've got to change the culture. It's really it's a social problem as much as anything. James and I just don't see these institutions changing very quickly, very soon.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we have the Australian Broadcast in corporation here, which is like the BBC, and it's often called like a staff run collective and when we put conservatives onto the board that it makes very little difference. And I'm wondering how much of this is really you know, as you say cultural, does this need to actually be a whole of society effort that universities need to start, you know, being more diverse in their ideological outlook because I think what about ninety five percent probably of professors and most disciplines vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Now right, Yeah, it's got worse over the last twenty thirty years. Exactly right, James, And the numbers we've seen actually are precisely in line with what you mentioned. Yes, it does require a much broader social change. I also wonder a little bit. Look, I think there is some there is a kind of natural selection, if I may sort of misuse that Darwini internal a little bit that goes on because I think people who are people who are sort of concerned pe people who want to make money, people want to go into business, People who are entrepreneurs who believe in free markets because they're going to thrive in free markets. They tend to be They tend to be conservative. They tend to go and do that very thing. They tend to go and be entrepreneurs, make money, go into business and do world for themselves. You know, I speak very much, very self aware here as I say this, People who maybe don't want to do that, don't have that interest. And actually, you know, I'm more interested in if you like criticizing and analyzing and commenting. They tend more to be on the left. They're not they don't have the wherewith all the talent, the interests, the initiative to go into business, and they don't tend to be conservative and they end up running, you know, working for the ABC or the BBC or pretty well every major media organization here in the US. So it is things can change. Certainly, you're right about universities. But I do also think there probably just is a again an almost natural process by which people you know, he was the old phrase and we had in England, he who can does he who cannot teach? As well? You know the phrase, you know, he who can does he who cannot? Reports on it?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, indeed, indeed, Hey, you're in New York City right now, and I want to just talk and just indulge me on this for a while, because I've been absolutely fascinated by the zoron Mam Dami campaign here and the atmospherics that are there. Just tell us a little bit about what it's like there. Because I spoke earlier in the program about this Canal Street clean up. Canal Street has that huge sort of open air market of you know, fake handbags and all that sort of thing. New Yorkers, at least some seem to be very annoyed that the Fed's cleaned that up. What is happening on the streets. What's happening in New York that you know, there's this great sort of engine of capitalism has become enthralled to this democrat socialist.
Speaker 1: Now you're not changing the times you've been in. New York City is a mess. It's still a great city, you know, reasonable claims to be one of the greatest cities in the world, if not the greatest.
Speaker 7: City in the world.
Speaker 1: It has incredible, you know, arts and entertainment, it has tremendous economic dynamism, still the sort of financial capital of the world. There's all those things going for it. But it's a mess. The city is a mess. A number of homeless people is shocking. The crime well, not as bad as it was back in nineteen nineties and I remember that period. Well, it's still bad. The streets are filled with rats and the sort of sweet, pungent smell of urine pretty well everywhere there is and if it's not urine, it's weed. And as you say, there's crime, there's tremendous number of illegal immigrants which previous administrations have allowed in to the country and housed in hotels at great expense. It is a mess. It's an enormous mess. And I think one of the you know, whether it's Ice doing what they were doing, and as you say, remember what you have here is a population that like that has essentially luxury beliefs, right, these are most for the most part, the people who object to ICE doing their job or law enforcement doing his job generally are people who are not really affected by crime or homelessness or the sheer unpleasantness the streets. They drive around, they're driven around in limousines or you know, they live in parts of town where they never have to see these things, and they're happy to, of course, continue to vote for you know, liberal leaders like this guy Mamdani that the socialist leader were going to get like this guy at Mamdani that were Almos certainly going to get elected in a couple of weeks. And they don't have to because they don't actually see the problems. And I think that's you know, that's that's the peril with so many of these cities, like New York, London, where I've just been in London. London is much the same. You know, there are many urban problems, but they have a kind of political culture whereby those people again who don't really have to face those urban problems are kind of, you know, happy to inflict continue to inflict them on the people who do have to deal with them by continuing to vote in left wing political leaders.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, Look, I lived there in the nineteen nineties myself. I remember how bad it was and how good it was when Rudi Giuliani finally started to clean up the mess. Hey, finally, I just want to talk about a bit of foreign policy here with you too. And I thought this was very interesting, this intervention that Vice President j. D. Vass made into a vote in Israel's Kanesset where they were talking about nexing the West Bank. Here's a little bit of JD vance.
Speaker 6: That's when I asked about it. Somebody told me that it was a political stunt, that it had no practical significance, it was purely symbolic. I mean, look, if it was a political stunt, it was a very stupid political stunt, and I personally take some insult to it. The West Bank is not going to be anexed by Israel. The policy of the Trump administration is that the West Bank will not be nx by Israel. That will continue to be our policy and if people want to take symbolic votes, they can do that, but we certainly weren't happy about it.
Speaker 2: Just quickly here, does this show that there's a bit of impatience with Israel on their side of the peace deal and the ceasefire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a little bit. I mean, we've seen this with Trump. Trump was very unhappy with Natthagna who's attack on Doham Kata but failed attempt to kill how much leaders there a few weeks ago that I think accelerated the peace process and certainly pushed Trump towards are getting more actively involved and getting that done. He doesn't like this talk at this to be fair, is these sort of religious parties in Israel, you know, who can claim that the West Bank is jude and Samaria and they want to reclaim it for Jews and for Israel, and as Vance says, that's not going to happen. There is impatience, but at the same time, there's also an awareness here that, look, the Israelis did agree to that cease fire. What you're seeing is violence, continued violence carrying on in Gaza, Palestine led by Hamas, and so there's you know, there's there's continuing support for Israel. There's no question I think Donald Trump is one of it. Is probably the most pro Israel leader that the United States has had for at least fifty years. So there's no question that there is that support there. But at the same time, they don't want to see what jade Evan's rightly calls stunts like this which could damage the peace process. Look, above all else, Trump wants there to be peace. He wants the fighting to end, you know, another notch on his belt in the campaign for the Nobel Peace Prize. Absolutely, and anything that makes that more, anything that something more difficult, he's.
Speaker 4: Going to oppose.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, right, Jard Baker, thank you so much for your time, as always, love your stuff in the Wall Street Journal. Now stick around because in a moment, Brandon Lyman is going to join me to talk more about the latest debate between Mom Donnie and Andrew Cuomo. You're not going to want to miss those fireworks. But before we hit a break, check this out. Remember those No King's protests last week, Well, this guy just decided to have a little fun with them by driving up to one in a giant cyber truck with a speaker in the back playing Donald Trump's twenty twenty four victory speech for all the No King's protesters to enjoy and grandly.
Speaker 11: This is, I believe the greatest possible political movements of all time.
Speaker 13: There's ever been anything like this in this time.
Speaker 9: And maybe be hon.
Speaker 11: And now it's going to read a new level of important. It is because we're going to help our country here, help our country here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at all those very normal protesters out there. They seem thrilled with it. No accounting for taste. Brianna Liman after the break, Welcome back to the program. Well, I'm thrilled to be joined now by the Federalists Elections correspondent Brianna Liman. Brianna, thank you so much for joining me here on the US Report tonight. And I want to talk about, first of all, what I think is one of the most important stories in American politics right now. That is the New York City mayoral race. And it got very fiery in a debate between the Democrat turned independent Andrew Cuomo, the Democrat socialist front runner Zoron mam Dami, and the Republican candidate Curtis Sliwa at a debate the other night. Have a little Look, here's a bit of a sample of that.
Speaker 9: We desperately need to build more how in the city, and I also know that the jobs we create in the building of that housing should be good jobs as well.
Speaker 11: Answer, what is your opinion?
Speaker 2: Come on, yes, Born, what is your opinion?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, so true? Thank you?
Speaker 12: Apologies.
Speaker 14: Yet here they're pointing out what I was about the question.
Speaker 9: I think on the stage you can see two people appealing for the Republican parties.
Speaker 2: Do it, And as a New Yorker, I love how fiery it got there. But Brianna, is anything that's going to happen in this race change the outcome, which is going to be this democrat, socialist hard leftist is going to wind up taking over arguably the most important city in America.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Unfortunately, the only thing that could be a possible saving Greece. And I mean this is still a long shot. It's for Curtis Lee want to drop out that voters can call us around Andrew Cuomo. The New York Post had a recent poll come out. It showed that if it's a two way race, Andrew Cuomo trels by like somewhere between like five to six percent behind Mom Donnie. But what was interesting about that poll is seventy eight percent of undecided voters are fifty five or older. There is a really good chance and if you're fifty five or older, you're not voting for socialists like Mom, Donnie, you are voting for Andrew Cuomo. And if we make it a binary choice, I do think it gives Cuomo that extra edge that could possibly deliver him a slim victory. But as things stand now, we're going to have a socialist mayor.
Speaker 2: It seems absolutely shocking to be But what also shocked me, and I spoke about this earlier in the program, is the way that Mom Dalli has used anti Trump sentiment in New York to Leaveridge himself into this position. Here there was this cleanup of all of the vendors, illegal aliens, illegal migransom Africa on Canal Street, and New Yorkers didn't say, oh, thank you federal government for cleaning up this. Iyesare that the New York police left there for years. No, they went out in protest. I mean, do New Yorkers just get what they deserve at this point? Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? And I mean this ties into the national conversation. We're having over here, which is Democrats are the party that stands against the rule of law. ICE agents are enforcing long standing federal immigration law. If Democrats don't like the law, that means they don't like sovereignty. But if they don't like the law, they should try to win a big enough majority to change the law. But until then, ICE is enforcing long standing federal immigration law. And polling indicates Americans want illegal aliens out, whether they are violent or not. We want them gone. And the fact that some of these aliens have been here for years, some of them had previous removal orders just goes to show you how Democrats in particular have turned a blind eye to the biggest crisis facing America right now.
Speaker 2: And you know, just on that whole idea of enforcing the law, it seems like the Democrats have a real selective enforcement problem here too, because you know, they're the first people to regulate our lives, law abiding citizens' lives, you know, regulate how we use our energy, regulate this our businesses and everything like that like that. The phrase anarcho tyranny is something that we hear sometimes, and it seems like this is what we saw in California, and this is what's coming to New York. And this is going to be what whoever the Republican nominee in twenty eight is going to have to run against because they'll say, don't do this to the rest of America.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 7: Think, you know California, look to Portland for example, what the anarcho tyranny we're seeing there. And Democrats have decided to make that as though that is a peaceful protest, They're trying to turn it into a First Amendment argument. But Americans voted for President Trump for many reasons, but one of the big ones was law and order. Nobody wants to see a repeat of twenty twenty with the riots right the summer of love that we had, and the fact that Docrats are not willing to listen to the entire country which shifted right in November, and instead try to double down that these are peaceful protests, that we can enforce the law because they're fighting the good fight. It's going to turn away voters come twenty twenty six and twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think that's right. And another thing that I think voters are going to get pretty sick of too, is this government shutdown which is continuing here. And there was an amazing admission from Democrat House Whip Catherine Clark talking about how struggling families are actually now political leverage in the negotiations. How will listen to this?
Speaker 12: I mean, shutdowns are terrible, and of course there will be you know, families that are going to suffer. We take that responsibility very seriously, but it is one of the few leverage times we have.
Speaker 2: I mean talking about beatings will continue until morale improves. Here. This idea that you just use struggling families to make a political point, this must be backfiring on them, surely.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's easy for her to say that when her paychecks still keeps coming. Notice she has and said she's not going to take it anything like that. Surprisingly, Democrats haven't faced nearly as much pushback as they should. And I think it's part and parcel because the propaganda press is doing their bidding. The Democratic media is trying to make this as though it is a Republican shutdown. I don't think voters are necessarily buying into that, especially when you have people like Senator John Fetterman and Democrat from Pennsylvania calling out his own party for holding Americans and families hostage. But so the reason that I think it's going to keep going is until there is enough public and media pressure on Democrats to open the government with a clean cr they're going to dig their heels and they're going to keep using American families as hostages and political pawns, all because they want to give illegal aliens fore healthcare.
Speaker 2: And this is just something to bring our Australian viewers up to speed on to pass that vote, to pass that continuing resolution to keep the government funded, they need sixty votes, not a majority of fifty one to make that happen. So that's why the Democrats can still hold the government to hostage on this here. But finally, before I let you go, we talk a lot about political violence on this show and the threat of it coming particularly from the left. Will turns out, Republican Senator Eric Schmidt has maybe heard this call because he's going to be sharing a hearing next week on this threat. Here's a little bit of what he had to say on the matter.
Speaker 15: And so we're going to have a hearing on it. We're going to have Michael Miles come testify who was a victim of a firebombing himself, of what's really behind all this and what are the strategies moving forward. We need to go at this thing and be aggressive, not just play defense, but play offense, because this is a real threat to our country and the fabric of our constitutional republic.
Speaker 2: Brianna, what are we expecting to get out of this? Will we find out that there are big money donors, including some that might be quite familiar to our viewers, behind some of these groups that are funding so much of the mayhem in American streets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think the purpose of this hearing is going to be to thread that needle, particularly of George Soros, someone who donates millions of dollars to organizations like Indivisible, which was behind the No Kings protests, other organizations that have really propped up these protests that also happened to turn violent. And this is an opportunity right now, Republicans have one year in case we end up losing the House, they have one year to get and come to terms with who was funding these protests. Right people show up with the signs, they all look the same. You're telling me a thousand people got together and made the same signs. Of course, not right. There's so many backing these fundings. If you're backing a peaceful protest, fine, but these never turn out to be peaceful in the most part. And we know that political violence in America is coming from the left to the right. We have to figure out is that organized? Is this part of a larger plan?
Speaker 2: Brianna, You're absolutely right. I think there's a lot more to it, and I'm looking to find out what looking forward to finding out what that is. Brand A Laman, thank you so much for joining me tonight. Check out her stuff at the Federalist. Now stick around because in a moment, great friend of the show, John fund will be joining me. But first seen by now the pictures of Barack Obama's planned presidential library in Chicago. There it is. Oh no, no, no, wait, sorry, that's a North Korean guard tower. Let's try again. Here we go. Oh no, no, sorry, that's the Death Star under construction. One more try. Oh there it is. Yes, I knew we'd get there eventually, and I know it looks like something that was constructed in a remote Soviet Republican about nineteen seventy two. But anyway, You'll never guess who else thinks it's ugly. Yep, you got it.
Speaker 13: You're building your ballroom right now.
Speaker 9: They're also building the Obama Presidential Library.
Speaker 7: I'm wondering if you can see have you seen the issures of the architecture, And yeah, it's not.
Speaker 11: Too pretty, but it's.
Speaker 2: Drumst it stopped.
Speaker 11: They ran out of money. Means building a library slash museum. You know you call some museums and usually they they call it library and museum.
Speaker 9: That's the official name.
Speaker 11: And this up and he wanted only women and DEEI to build it.
Speaker 13: You have that's what they got.
Speaker 2: Also, did I mention it's ugly? Yeah, really ugly. Anyway, stick around because John Fund is with me after the break, welcome back to the program. Well, it's always a great privilege to bring in my next guest, political journalist, John Fund. John, thanks so much for joining me on the US sport And I want to start out here with the US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, the hardest working man in show business, who had this great response as it was revealed that the US allegedly struck the eighth drug carrying boat in its interdiction efforts this time in the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 4: These are drug votes.
Speaker 8: If people want to stop seeing drug boats blow up, stop sending drugs to the United States.
Speaker 2: Not a bad response. Tell us about this effort to take out these drug voats, because Donald Trump has also said, you know you're smuggling drugs and that are going to kill Americans, We're going to kill you. How is this being received.
Speaker 4: Well, those who practice international law, of course, are appalled. On the other hand, international law has some weaknesses. It doesn't really apply very well to a terrorist organization that is trying to subvert the society of another country, and that's what Venezuelan drug shipments are all about. So this is a gray area. And what the President has decided to do is to say, look, we get no cooperation from the Venezuelans. They're not interdicting their own shipments. In fact, that Venezuelan military is probably in charge of shipping this stuff over and therefore we're going to take targeted measures to make sure that the cartels that are sending these drugs in get the message as to how dangerous this procedure is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. It's a lot different to being potentially interdicted by the cops and put through the courts and all of that. But let's go from one sec of state to another, Hillary Clinton, who has weighed in on this apparently quite controversial project to construct a ballroom on the site of the East Wing of the White House, writing on X it's not his house, it's your house, and he's destroying it. John. Doesn't Hillary Clinton know how many other presidents have done renovations to the White House and she would have been at quite a few events where they had to set up tents and so on on the lawn because they don't have a dedicated events space at the White House. Can you weigh in on this controversy for me?
Speaker 4: Well, I personally know how much Hillary Clinton loved the White House when she lived there because when she left, she took a bunch of furniture with her to chat about where her new house was and she had to later return it. So she clearly loves the White House. And as for other presidents, Theodore Roosevelt, Harry Truman very popular presidents with the Washington establishment. Barack Obama had had a fifteen million dollar renovation of the East Wing and he did tear down things with bill dozers So the point is, it's not that the renovation is being done because, as you say, putting up tents every time there is any dinner party over about one hundred people is very cumbersome and off putting. So the ballroom will be used by future presidents. In fact, it probably won't be done until after the next president takes office. As a result, the ballroom is going to be used by everybody. It's being paid for it by private funds, and it's there's a tradition that the White House has to grow with the extent of its responsive social responsibilities.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, as you said, I mean Nixon put in a bowling alley. Somebody else put in a swimming pool. I forget who this, Jni Kennedy, John F. Kennedy put in the pool. That's right, and they would have had to do a lot of digging for that as well. It's just unbelievable how much outrages there is here. But hey, I want to talk now about what's going to happen. You say, talking about the future next occupant of the White House, Well, that could be Gavin Newsom, California governor, but he's suffering a setback in some of the early polling. According to the Noble Predictive Insights Poll, God help Me, Kamala Harris is now at thirty three percent, with Gavin Newsom at thirteen with AOC and that Transport Secretary guy Pete Budajet following up behind. Now, what is happening here? Is there a chance actually that the Democrats might go with Kamala or is this just some noise around her book tour and all of that.
Speaker 4: Well, that would be an interesting choice because one party would be cheering and the other party would be crying, and you can guess which would be which.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I suppose, I suppose that that's right. But do you think in other words.
Speaker 4: They would say, they would say bring it on, please, let's have a rematch.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, like, you know, look, on this show, we completely endorse Kamala Harris being the Democrat nomany. We think.
Speaker 4: I'm a Californian, I know Kamala and I think she needs she deserves the stage.
Speaker 2: Look, I think so let's all get behind the draft Kamala movement greed completely. I think we're in furious agreement on that one. Hey, onto just the border issues here, our old friend borders are. Tom Homan has said that he wants ICE to deport more than six hundred thousand illegal aliens by the end of the year. Now this comes as the Trump administration said that one point six million migrants undocument migrants have voluntarily self deported. Now this is interesting to me because some of these numbers, they're actually lower than what Barack Obama was racking up when he was president, and yet there's much more outrage about all of this. Walk us through the politics of why the Democrats are so absolutely wedded to illegal migration as almost a holy writ for them.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, a lot of the the numbers are spongy. I don't know how you properly count how many people have self voluntarily left the country. I think that that's so with Obama's numbers. We knew that there were a lot of deportations. We certainly know there are a lot of deportations. Now, I think that the immigration procedures have to be targeted first at criminals, not breaking up families arbitrarily, and encouraging people with the thousand dollars of the two thousand dollars that they're given to leave of their own volition. Now, how successful is that going to be successful enough? Because a lot of people are just going to realize if they have the assurance and they do that, should they should they voluntarily leave the country, that does not mean they won't be allowed back in in the future if they follow the legal procedures. That's the key. So I think we have to give people an incentive to go the legal route rather than just throwing them out. It has to be a combination of carrots and sticks.
Speaker 2: Fair Enough, fair Enough makes a lot of sense. John fun thanks for joining me here on the Wester Report, and I stick round because Only in America is coming up next. But before we go to that, let's get a bit more wisdom from someone who I think is probably the smartest guy in the Democrat Party. If you have a guest, yep, I'm talking about Senator John Fetterman of Pennsylvania explaining where Kamala Harris went wrong. And I know there's a lot of possibilities, but I think he's onto something here.
Speaker 14: I don't know why, and I've always refused to say that. And when then the Vice President Harris referred to President Trump as a fascist, and I knew absolutely we lost the plot at that point. You know, if you call the president or someone like a fascist, you're effectively calling the people that are going to vote for him. And then then they must be fascist too, or they ford and then excuse me, they support fascism in those things, and that's just not true.
Speaker 7: That's just not it.
Speaker 2: Behold this political genius. Don't call half the country fascist, and maybe I don't know, some of them will vote for you. Absolutely wild. Anyway, stick around because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Right Well, Portland, Oregon. You know, there's a bit of a dispute here over the place that Donald Trump calls a war zone, but Democrats say, oh, everything is perfectly fine there. Well, why don't we throw this over to you, British travel blogger Will Bailey, to settle the bet over whether or not Portland is heaven or hell. Over to you, sir.
Speaker 5: If you don't know me, my name is Will, and I'm about to explain to you what's happened in the first forty eight hours since we've got here. We decided to start our US tour in the city of Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: And how did it go, mister Bailey.
Speaker 5: We couldn't have made a bigger mistake if we tried. This city is far from safe. Crime and homelessness dominates this area, and this is something we've experienced firsthand since being here. On our second night, we were woken up to siren's shouting and three loud gunshots. This was just the cherry on the cape. It's almost impossible to feel safe here, and I am by no means incapable of defending myself. But sometimes it's just best to get out of a situation where you can. We're already making arrangements to leave this city and find somewhere a lot more secure.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that just about settles it. That's a point to mister Trump said in the National Guard. And that's all the time we have for this week. See you next time. Bye bye,