Speaker 1: Our next guest is a musical. I can't responsible for so many amazing tunes that we know.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: It's just the beginning.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Member of the Spice Girls aka Spotty Spice now turned judge on the Voice Australia. Who is Welcome to the Shower Melody.
Speaker 5: Morning, Welcome back to Australia.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. It's great to be back.
Speaker 4: You're going to be a resident, You're just going to be a local at the end of this.
Speaker 5: I saw you down here on the weekend over the Grand Prix. Did you enjoy your time in Melbourne?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: My goodness, I love Melbourne. There's something about Melbourne. It feels a little bit more like England, the energy and then what a weekend ago? The weather was crazy but the race was super.
Speaker 4: Where that was well? Were you either at a poncho Melanie?
Speaker 3: I avoided the poncho, but there was lots of lots of Rollie's been blown about right.
Speaker 7: Well, Melanie's also been at the the AFLD into you have history the Sydney match which kicked off the AFL season.
Speaker 4: Did you have fun? Did you love our great game?
Speaker 3: I absolutely loved it. It was my first game unsurprisingly, but it won't be my last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun the old AFL, isn't it? Jeeve swanned into town. I also saw you DJing at my mount at Crown after the Grand Prix on Sunday.
Speaker 4: That party looked fun. Was it wild?
Speaker 6: My goodness?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when I got there, things were just kicking off. As a night progressed, it got pretty wild.
Speaker 4: What's on the set list? Did a Melanie see dj?
Speaker 7: Gig?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I do you know what?
Speaker 3: We we mixed it up, But I I have a lot of fun using like Spice Girl songs for mixing them in. There's some great reason. But I also love doing mashups. So sometimes I'll play, you know, a little bit of Wanna Be, but we'll kind of mix it into a little bit of Nirvana and.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, And do you still go by sporty spies because you still look very sporty. When I saw you DJing the other night, I was like, you are so fit. You look like you have an age today. How have you done that?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I work with some great professionals. What I do love keeping fit, and I just I don't think I'll ever stop. Really, I think as you get older, you kind of you need to lean into that a little bit more. But it's great, you know, because we're so much more aware, aren't we of like nutrition and what's good for us fitness wise. I've been here in Australia, it's perfect. This outdoor lifestyle really suits me.
Speaker 5: I love that you still embrace the Spats Girls because so often you see like people who were in bands and then they move on to their solo career and they want to park it and they don't want any cross pollination. But you obviously still happily embrace that Spice girl's era, which by the way, was just my entire childhood. Like I'm having a bit of a freak out that we're having this conversation right now because I dressed up as you and your girlfriends so many times in my childhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing, you know, and I think, you know, for all young artists, I think if you're lucky enough to be in a band that is successful and then you move on to other things, you do want to distance yourself for a little while, and then you realize if you don't embrace where you can, especially you know, the Spice Girls. It's such an incredible legacy that now I'm just obviously so proud and always like to have a nud to sporty spice in the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the gang.
Speaker 7: Does the world have enough girl groups these days?
Speaker 4: I don't think they do it.
Speaker 5: It's k pop are the big girl bands?
Speaker 7: They stays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a time, isn't it in music?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 6: Because, like you say, k pop is big.
Speaker 3: But other than that, we haven't got like you know, the boy and girl bands that were used to traditionally like the eighties, nineties and nineties really only out there.
Speaker 5: We do, for one, we should do one of those shows again where you do the auditions and put one together.
Speaker 7: What kind of judge are you, Melanie on the Voice Australia do you think?
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I don't want to sound like a I don't want to use a swear word on the air, but I don't want to sound like a div as we would say.
Speaker 6: I want to be authentic. You know.
Speaker 3: TV isn't my natural place of work and I have to like just be like truely to who I am, So I just try to be kind and honest and really reach out and try and mentor the people that I think I can really.
Speaker 6: Help you know what.
Speaker 2: Australia is going to love you with that attitude, just like you know, you're not trying to be some showy TV person.
Speaker 4: Just want to get on there and be real. Hey ma on, are you're a mum as well? Just the one child?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 4: I have one, she's enough, damn and I got three. I was going to see if you wanted one of them? Is she She got the singing gene?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: She can sing? She's very, very musical, but she doesn't want to and probably for the best.
Speaker 3: She's so talented in so many ways, but yeah, performing isn't her thing.
Speaker 5: He still mates with the other Spice Girls. Do you guys have like get togethers like girls night out?
Speaker 6: Yeah? We do, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes we don't see each other as often as we'd like, but always in touch, always chatting about things and yeah, and partying.
Speaker 6: When we can.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you imagine if you're on that group chat, how fun melodic could you be? Kicking Lauren out after ten minutes? Just pump the break style.
Speaker 7: That's nine messages And you said you used to dress up as the Spice Girls.
Speaker 5: You and your girlfriends, they're good enough at sport to be sporty. I was always partial. My friend else was always sporty Spice. Always it was in demand playing sporty Spice though in the girls dress up group.
Speaker 4: I like that, Hey you're here for two months and then heading home.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll be back to the UK. I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new album. Actually working on some of that here in Australia, which is really exciting. I've found some new while i've been here, so yeah, hopefully you be having some music before.
Speaker 6: The end of the year.
Speaker 5: Australian producers. We're seeing a lot of musicians come out to Australia and use Australian producers, Australian artists.
Speaker 3: I've done a bit of time in the studio with Don Dullo. I'm a big kind of found myself. There's a lot of Australia in my life currently and I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: I agree, and you know what, it is one of those things they say, never meet your heroes because they always disappoint, but that is not the case here. We will happily adopt you any day of a week.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Melanie say she is here for the Voice Australia. It is coming to seven and seven plus later in the year. Australia is going to bloody love you. Thanks so much for your time this morning.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Have a great day.