Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. It's a race to the bottom as New York and California rushed to run out of spending other people's money. Plus that thing they claim doesn't happen, well it keeps happening. A new report reveals illegal migrants are voting again. And who knew that Saint Patrick's Day was really about the struggle for Palestinian liberation. I thought it was all about corn beef and guinness. Apparently not. But first, we are now coming up on the end of the third week of the Operation Epic Fury campaign, the joint US Israeli operation to make the world safe from the terrorist theocracy of Tehran and hopefully bring about a free and more democratic future for the people of Iran. Now at the outset recall, US President Donald Trump warned that this would be a four to five week operation, but now only a little more than two and a half weeks in. Plenty of people in the media are already hoping he calls time early, saying he's already failed. And I want to talk about one particular case that illustrates just how when you see these headlines saying that the war is a disaster or that Trump has lost key support, well, you know what, you're not necessarily getting the whole story. Now here's an item that was big news this week. Headlines were made around the world when Joe Kent, who had been Donald Trump's top counter terrorism advisor, spectacularly resigned. Now Kent posted a lengthy screed on x saying that quote, I cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran. He went on and said, Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation, and it is clear that we started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby who what a very odd thing to say, considering all the evidence to the contrary. I mean, back in twenty twenty four, Kent himself was very clear about the threat that Iran posed.
Speaker 3: Most Americans aren't aren't aware of it. We've our troops in Iraq and Syria have been attacked one hundred and fifty plus times by Iranian proxies. And when we say Iranian proxies, we've got to be clear on what that is. That's the Iraqi government that we pay because after the Iraqi military we spent two trillion on surrendered to ISIS, we had to go back in there in very short order and stand a military back up again. And guess who filled the breach. The SA malicious controlled by Iran did, and the Iraqi government's controlled by Iran.
Speaker 2: How curious. Kent also tweeted that same year that Iran had been after Donald Trump personally since twenty twenty. So which are the Ayatolas a threat? Or do they just want to be left alone to study the Koran. It's all very confusing, and it's all the weirder given that Kit is claiming that none other than Charlie Kirk, the conservative influencer assassinated last year, conveniently told him before he died that he should try and stop Trump from attacking Iran.
Speaker 4: We knew each other, And last time I saw Charlie Kirk on this earth was in June in the West Wing in the stairway, and I said hi to him, and he looked me in the eye and he said very loudly, and it's a small you've been in the West Wing. It's it's small. It's a tight space. And he said, Joe, stop us from getting into a.
Speaker 5: War with Iran.
Speaker 2: Really again, how convenient? I mean, sure, the very prominent Kirk made this very important direction to a very tangential player in this whole saga right before he died. Yeah, Joe, you know, I believe you billions wouldn't. And on that subject, here's actually what Charlie Kirk said last year after last June's strikes on Iran.
Speaker 6: And you might say, Charlie, do you support or oppose this? I support President Trump, That's my answer. I know the man, he's the commander in chief, he's the man for the hour, and he's had the weight of the world on his shoulders. So in a situation like this, I support my friend and he's had my back and I have his.
Speaker 2: So what could explain Joe Kent's sudden change of heart, this sudden resignation, seemingly out of the blue, this attack on the Boss and his plans for Iran. Oh, hang on, We've got some breaking news from Laura Ingram at Fox News.
Speaker 7: So our sayser saying that Joe Kent, the former director of the United States National Counter Terror Center.
Speaker 1: This is from Semaphore. He just resigned.
Speaker 7: He's now under FBI investigation for allegedly leaking classified information, and the investigation predates his departure.
Speaker 2: Well well, well Weirdly, this crucial data point has made a lot less news in those outlets that trumpetd can's not so quiet quitting, which is important to keep in mind because when it comes to this war, there's a lot of people who don't want to hear positive developments such as the just signed joint statement from the UK, France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands, as well as Japan saying that yes they are ready to contribute to efforts to open the Straits of Hormuz, or that far from being stalemated, the USS Tripoli, a flat deck amphibious assault craft loaded with marines and helicopters, is heading to the neighborhood of carg Island, which of course could change everything and open up this vital oil choke point once and for all, and I mean once and for all, And that brings me to my second point. Iran was always going to be have to be dealt with at some point by some administration Trump somebody in the future. Since nineteen seventy nine, this regime has been a cancer on the middle East spreading terror and mayhemon becoming a close partner with China and Russia. Eventually it was going to have to be dealt with or it would be overwhelming to us all. And the idea that the US that the world is now so brittle that it cannot endure even a few weeks of energy disruption for a long term good of making sure that oil coming out of Iran is not going to be able to threaten the world's energy supplies in perpetuity is preposterous. And to hope that this whole project fails just because you don't like Trump is to say you think Iran and China and Russia should be given a veto over world affairs forever. Now, very quickly, I wanted to bring you up to speed on some of the latest news with the Save Act, which we've spoken about before on this program. It is, of course, the Republican led effort to make sure people who vote in American elections are a eligible to vote and b are who they say they are. Wild stuff, I know, and I've been watching the debate over this in the Senate, and my god, I have been struck by how the Democrats have painted themselves into a rhetorical corner on this. Now, most Americans poll after Pol's show support these very reasonable proposals to help keep the sanctity of American democracy sacred on Capitol Hill. Though it's another story.
Speaker 1: The Save Act is not about protecting the vote.
Speaker 8: It's about making it harder to vote and easier to steal an election.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what was that requiring ID to vote makes it easier to steal an election? Explain that logic to me sometime. Meanwhile, Democrats said Senator Raphael Warnock tried another excuse to be against the bill. He said that women and poor people. Now I think he wants to say black folks, but he's clever enough not to fall into that trap. He's saying they just can't get id.
Speaker 8: If you want to effectively disenfranchise women, disenfranchise poor people, working class people who have to struggle for the right to vote, that is your prerogative. But be very clear, you are not on the side of the movement. You're on the other side of that history.
Speaker 2: And then there was Democrat Janine Shaheen who said foreigners aren't allowed to vote already, so hey, why do we need the law?
Speaker 9: That's the law only American citizens can vote in American elections.
Speaker 10: We're not true, nobody's trying to change that.
Speaker 2: I love her logic. And by the way, hey, it's already illegal to speed on the highway, so why do we need speed cameras and cops. Look, the Democrats have really again, I say, box themselves into a corner here. Either they're saying that poor people and women in blacks aren't able to get the same sort of idea they need to fly on a plane or buy a pack of smokes, or they actually do want people who are not citizens to be able to cast a ballot for whatever reason. Either way, Democrats, it's not a good look. All right. To kick things off tonight, let's bring in Hudson Institute research fellow Zeneb Rabua. She's one of the smartest analysts of everything going on between the US and I ran right now, so let's get straight into it. Zeneb, Welcome to the program. This war has quickly spilled over into the energy markets, and I can tell you we're all already definitely feeling this here in Australia. But there have been two major developments in recent hours. One, Iran has struck LNG plants in Qatar, So I guess that friendship is over between those two countries and two treasury sectoris Scott Bessett is talking about lifting sanctions on Iranian oil that's already at sea now. On the one hand, it feels like the Iranian regime is now lashing out and signing its own death warrant. But on the other I'm wondering how some people are going to interpret that move on the sanctions. Walk us through these two and what the economic strategy is around this, because this is becoming an economic war in the markets as much as it is on the battlefield.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much for having me and for your kind words. Well, absolutely, I think it's I think that the Iranians knew exactly what they were doing by hitting oil infrastructure of Gulf countries and especially Qatar, which actually played a big role in mediations and in making sure that the messages from the Iranians were actually reaching the White House, and that's a very important thing. And I think that they fell into a strategic trap which it's actually going to help the United States tackle the IERGC even more since now golf countries on on the side of making sure that the i ERGC gets punished. So there is that on what Scott Beson is doing. And I think that there's actually signals that lifting sanctions it's a very difficult process actually to do UH, and it means that they actually do have either intel or a calculus that the IERGC is not going to be able to benefit from those tankers, which we're also talking about stranded tankers, which means that they were already purchased from China, which I think is the main which is the main buyer of these uh. They're just making sure that the oil is flowing UH. And I think that the elevating the sanction, as I said, means that there's a calculus that the Iranians are no longer going to be able to benefit from it. But it also signals something else that it's the United States that decides on one when and which tankers are going to China, and I think that's a very important signal. It also means that these decades of China profiting and being the main UH being the main buyer of Iranian oil with a steep discount, I think that era is just ending.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's not just in the Middle East that Iran has had a really successful propaganda operation. I mean, it's been all over the West too, for people who've been paying attention to it. And that brings me to my next point, which is how the way the war is being reported in the Western world, where to listen to a lot of the press talk about it, they're basically saying the thing has already lost, that Trump is a stale might. That's a quagmire. Here in Australia, we have the left wing ABC, the state broadcast of trying to claim that Iran has the edge on the conflict rather than the US. Added the US, You've got an MS news anchor suggesting that Trump's attacks on Iran are because of racism. Look at this, So the.
Speaker 11: Way they seem to create this image of the Iranians and all of their proxies or allies, the sort of imagery that they conjure up, and I think that it takes a certain amount of arrogance. And I'm also going to say it a bit of racism to constantly talk about people like they are savages. That is a word that we've heard hag seth Us.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is pretty nuts here, but give us the straight scoop here, who is actually winning, who's got the advantage in this conflict.
Speaker 10: Look, I will tell you very very openly, in the United States and israel Is that are absolutely winning this. There's no doubt doubt about it. The military assessment simply speak for themselves and the Gulf countries the way they react, and also that's for itself. But you know, that's just how it always is American you know, media politics, it's always about winning a political war. It's not about doing any really strategic analysis. And in fact, I think that's that's very important for people to keep to keep in mind. But also, you know, that's very interesting to say. You know, I wonder if that's something she would be comfortable saying to the thousands of Syrians who had to leave their homes while the iergy C and Islamic Republic were absolutely destroying their country, and the same for Iraqis and the and the Libanese.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 10: It's it's very arrogant, but that's just how it is.
Speaker 2: And I think that people really ought to study, particularly I ran in the Lebanese Civil War to understand just so much of what's at stake here for the West. Hey, I wanted to also just talk about the broader strategic environment around the world we've had Trump. You know, this is part of a much bigger game. It involves China, but it also involves Cuba, and it just to get you sort of to talk about this a bit too, because in the Western Hemisphere, Cuba is now undergoing total blackouts. Now it sounds like across the entire island, but Cuba is part of this broader Trump farm policy that I ran in Venezuela fall into because there's a big Chinese signal intelligence based on that ninety miles off the Florida coast. Tell us how all of this ties in Cuba. It's a complicated game of chess because there's the Middle East, but then there's also against securing America around the world. Tell us about that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that it's very important important to highlight that, you know, China's economic model really depends on exports on cheap Iranian oil, on a network of partners. Venezuela and Cuba are part of that, and it's very important for them because it's about absorbing the surplus of production and providing really strategic depth for chi Jin Pink Operation epic theoria is already a destroying uh. The most important not in net network being Iran, because it's also Chinese sanctions really busting oil supplier. And I think that looking into Cuba is very important, and I think that it's very important for for different reasons, one being uh, that the United States had a big problem with the Kubans for a very long time UH, and that there there are a lot of I think factors that play into that. But also you know, it's it's very it's time for the United States to look at its neighborhood and to stop having to pay for better foreign policies that did not work. The United States has a military dominance, has a as an economy that is very attractive, innovation and so on. Uh, and keeping basically Chinese outposts in the neighborhood is not good for the United States.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. So then thank you so much, and don't believe the doomsayers out there really appreciate your time. Thanks for joining me. Thank you all right now onto reports tonight that the Pentagon has asked the White House to approve a request to Congress for more than two hundred billion that's billion with a B. Dollars to help fund the war and Iran. This is almost certain to divide Capitol Hill, where the war is quite contentious. Already joining me now to discuss this and so much more is former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor at Bondi Partners, Mick mulvaney. Mick, great to see you. What do you make of this? I think this just highlights some of the actual practical problems with keeping this conflict going, especially when Congress decides. If Congress decids, say, you can't have any more money for this, tell us how this is all going to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, James, there's a bunch of different moving pieces here. Number one, we hear now that they're spending about one to two billion dollars a day on prosecuting war. So if they're asking for two hundred billion dollars, that might lead you to believe they think they're going to be in this for another one hundred to two hundred days, which is a lot longer than I think anybody is actually talking about now. I weigh that against the fact that, as the former budget director, I know that the Defense Department always asks for more than they really need. So if the real number is really one hundred billion dollars. That still means they're at someplace for the next fifty to one hundred days. This is much longer than I think people realize. And what's going to happen now is this This is not going to be a blank check. It's not gonna be a rubber check. It's not going to be sort of, oh yeah, here you could have the money the Defense Department, Pete Hegseth, the OMB director, maybe Russ Fode is going to have to go down to Capitol Hill and explain what this money is for. So these are the hearings that so many people have been asking about to talk about what the plan is for the war, what's the strategy, what does victory look like? Those conversations are getting ready to happen in public.
Speaker 2: And what does that victory look like. Because we've heard different things out of the administration about whether it's just about degrading. But then at the same time Trump has said, we don't want to have to go back there five to ten years and sort this problem about out. How does this conflict with the political drive that's going to start to come when prices go up, when it costs more to fill up your tank. This is already biting hugely in Australia. I can tell you what are the domestic politics looking like.
Speaker 1: So far?
Speaker 5: So good for Trump. He's lost a good many of the swing voters, which is what's giving the Republicans on the hills such heartache right now. But the MAGA base, the Republican Trump base, is nearly one hundred percent supportive of him so far. I think he's probably got a couple of months left at that. Unless he goes to boots on the ground, we end up seeing heavier American casualties. But I think he can do this sort of standoff sort of war, the Tomahawk War, the cruise missile war, for a couple more months before the base really starts to turn on them. They'll they'll tolerate high gas prices for a short period of time, but not all the way through to the midterm. So Trump has probably got a month, maybe two, to make some real progress in this war. You raise a really good point, James, what does victory look like? I don't know, but I do know this. The Americans cannot leave until the straits are open. Straits and Hoemos must be open for Trump to have any claim to having anything close to victory. So if that's a diplomatic resolution, that could take several weeks. If it's a military solution, that could take several weeks. So I think they're in this for a lot longer than people are talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, how would boots on the ground go if it was a limited venture. We have heard that the USS Tripoli I spoke about this at the start of the program, which is an amphibious carrier, carries about sixteen hundred and two thousand marines, a lot of helicopters, and a lot of other toys. If that was to go in and try and take that civilian infrastructure on KRG Island, would that be pretty much checkmate for the regime?
Speaker 5: Probably, I would think so. But I mean keep in mind, that would be a huge win for the Americans, there's no question. But there's a famous exchange you and I may have talked about this last week between the Americans the Vietnamese at the end of the Vietnam War, where the American negotiators said, oh, by the way, we just want to point out you never beat us on the field, and the South the North Korean general said, yeah, so what when you're fighting what the Iranians are fighting now with the Vietnames, we're fighting a generation ago. It's a war of survival. You don't have to beat the Americans. You just have to last longer than they can. So yes, I think it's a huge military victory for the Americans to be able to be able to take carg Island, and it is a huge choke point in the Straits. But I don't see how it ends the war because again, all the Iranians have to do is survive, and if they do survive, this regime will be even stronger than it was going into the war. So again, they've got a tiger by the tail here. If they can win a bunch of battles, how they win the war still looks a little murky to me.
Speaker 2: And it's a bit sort of a question who even is there to offer up an instrument of surrender and do a negotiation. But Nick, there's a lot of other things going on here in the US, and I was fascinated with this here story of the New York Post where they uncoord shocking story of legal migrants from Africa and Asia voting in US elections, and they reveal how one immigrant from Mauritania was marked for deportation in two thousand and two, but continued to live in the US and registered as guess what, a Democrat, had voted in every election since two thousand and eight until Fed's busted him last week. Now, Mick, I know people will say this is like a small thing. It's only one or two cases, it's not a big deal. But it feels to me like the thing that they keep saying, Oh, it doesn't happen, and we don't need any laws to prevent it keeps happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And to your point, James, it undermines the integrity of the election, and that's the last thing we need in this country. Don't need people wondering whether or not illegal immigrants are voting and so forth. What we need is some very clear laws as to who can vote and who can't vote. That debate is going on right now in the United States Senate. I don't think they're going to pass any significant legislation, but this is one example of why it's so important to protect the integrity of your elections.
Speaker 2: Well. Indeed, and you know this other issues with integrity too, because this ties into another story here, And I want to talk about a really important story where a federal court has revoked the US citizenship of a man who orchestrated a massive, nearly four million dollar COVID relief fraud scheme. Now, it was ruled that he obtained naturalization while he was actively committing fraud and scamming the government. This seems like a massive precedent here, particularly when we're talking about those other massive Medicare fraud stories in places like Minnesota and California. Is this a big win for the administration being able to boot people who you might have thought you were stuck with.
Speaker 5: It is, and this is the type of thing that resonates with eighty five percent of the American public. Again, we can talk about legal immigration. Some folks like it, some folks don't. I happen to like it a lot. But illegal immigration that's an eighty five percent issue. Deporting criminals that's an eighty five percent issue. Take citizenship away from people who have stolen from the federal government is an eighty five percent issue. So this is a huge win for the administration. I hope you're writer. I hope it is a precedent, and I hope that we're able to sort of get the word out that this type of thing is is on the table. I think it will discourage a lot of a lot of fraud, not all of it. We have to be vigilant, but this is a move in the right direction. I think it's a big win for the administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and finally, Mick, before you go, and just to talk a little bit more about immigration, we've got the news that Greg Mavino, who is the face of the immigration enforcement crackdown or one of them in the US, is now leaving the job. Tell us about what you think that his legacy will be, especially after of course those incidents in Minneapolis where we saw two American citizens killed in shall we say, murky confrontations with ICE agents.
Speaker 5: Certainly it will follow him, There's no question, and I suppose it should. I keep in mind, the man has served the country I think for over a quarter of a century. This is not some new name. This is not somebody that Trump brought in after the election to sort of run ICE. This is a career guy served in various administrations and for various different presidents of both parties. So is it going to be part of his history? It absolutely is, but again that you know, the buck has to stop someplace, and he was put in the organization, so we'll see what happens. It's been fascinating to see how immigration has gone to the back burner here in this country in the last couple of weeks. Of course, wars tend to do that. I would be curious to see if immigration becomes an issue again before the midterms, or if it's all going to be about the war and the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick, I think you're right. I think we've got bigger fish to fry than just Minneapolis. Now, thank you so much for your time, as always great to chat. Now stick around because in a moment we're gonna be looking at which Democrat governor is more unhinged, California's Gavin Newsom or New York's Kathy Hochel. The answer might surprise you. But first you gotta love this one. Donald Trump has just had the new Japanese Prime Minister today, Sakaichi are out of the White House and they had the whole joint press conference thing. And check out how Trump responded when a reporter tried to do in gotcha and asked why he didn't tell Japan before he attacked Iran. Keep your eye on the Japanese Prime Minister's reaction here.
Speaker 5: We went in very hard and we didn't tell anybody about it because we wanted surprise.
Speaker 2: Who knows better about surprise than Japan? Okay, why didn't you tell me about Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know how she kept a straight face for that, But that was the funniest thing I've seen since John Cleese said, don't mention the war, don't go anywhere, stick around because it's a West coast East coast showdown. After break, Hey, welcome back to the program. Now Donald Trump is under fire. What else is new for comments he made about California Governor Gavin Newsom's apparent learning difficulties. It all starts when Newsom said this.
Speaker 10: You've never seen me read a speech because I cannot read a speech, and.
Speaker 2: That, of course, prompted Donald Trump to respond by saying this, you know, because Gavin Newscomb has admitted that he is a that he is learning disabilities.
Speaker 12: Honestly, I'm all for people with learning disabilities, but not for my president.
Speaker 2: I don't want I think a.
Speaker 5: President should not have learning disabilities.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, fair enough. The National Center for Learning Disabilities, though, says it was disturbed and condemned Trump's comments. But is this all a lot about nothing? Joining me now to discuss this and a lot more is White House reporter at the Washington Examiner, Naomi Limb. Naomi, thanks for joining me here. What can you tell me about this constant war of words between Trump and Newsom, or as Trump likes to call them, new scum.
Speaker 13: Honestly, these two because like an old married couple.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I mean I sometimes.
Speaker 13: I think you know, Trump gives Newsome a lot of attention and potentially it could be helping him, you know, if he does run in twenty twenty eight, which we think he will. The comments that you alluded to earlier this week were because he's on a book tour campaign, you know, sort of that very sort of wink to a presidential run where he sort of talks about his experience with dyslexia and things like that. And this is the latest sort of war of words between the pair of them. Obviously, we saw Trump take a swing at Newsom at the Davos World Economic Forum in Switzerland, and now we're sort of seeing him go after the personal here. But I think with Trump, you know, we've seen this particularly you know after Biden, there's this heightened scrutiny of presidents, and obviously Trump himself is very proud of his own intelligence and his abilities and cognitive testing as well. So it's a whole a lot of hot air. But you know, what else is new between these two.
Speaker 2: Do you think, I mean, just to throw you a question without notice on this what you said there intrigues me. This idea that Trump keeps building him up. Do you think that Trump wants Newsom to be the nominee because he sees California and Newsom's record there as a huge target for whoever succeeds him.
Speaker 13: Well, that's also a really interesting contention. I think that there's this idea in thinking that, you know, Newsom might be peaking too early. Obviously he's doing quite well in those early sort of hypothetical polls, but a lot of that is because of name recognition. You know, he's been on the national stage for a long time. And then as we were sort of talking about, he has Trump helping sort of pump his his tires, and so I think that that is you know a little bit because We've seen also Newsom very carefully try to sort of roll back this idea of him being this really progressive, it's really liberal governor. He's done this podcast where he has a lot of conservative hosts on, and he's trying to modulate his positions, particularly on things like transgender rights, and so I think, you know, there's sort of a bit of method to your madness there in terms of what you're saying as well.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed, Edie know. Meanwhile, you've got things happening on the other side of the country here in the socialist Republic of New York, and of course you've got mayors there on Mom Donnie, who will talk about in a second, but I want to talk first about what's going on with state Governor Kathy Hochel, who is now begging wealthy New Yorkers not to flee as Mom Donnie pressures her to hike their taxes. And of course, people who've got money they want to take a hike, have a listen.
Speaker 9: I need people who are high net worth to support the generous social programs that we want to have in our state. There are some patriotic millionaires who stepped up. Okay, cut me the checks. I mean, just if you want to be supportive, but maybe the first step should we go down to Palm Beach and see who you can bring back home.
Speaker 2: This is so funny to me. It's almost like an Iron Rand novel. Here everybody with money has left the state and now they're begging them to come back to write more checks so they could give them way to medicare fraud and gosh knows what else.
Speaker 13: Well, what I think is funny about this is that when she first ran, I think in twenty twenty, she sort of, you know, you know, challenged people that didn't really particularly like her politics to leave the state, and so they did, and now they're sort of trying to hatch up a really big hole in the state's budget. Particularly you know, you were speaking about Danny's agenda in New York, but Hokal her self is trying to push and expand childcare access because you know, affordability is obviously a big issue in New York.
Speaker 3: The state.
Speaker 13: And so now we're sort of seeing, you know, things coming back to haunt different politicians, and obviously she's running for reelection herself in a couple of months, and so this is all I think a you know, sort of an appeal to those people that she probably shouldn't have annoyed in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty amazing. But I mean, what Margaret Thatcher said about problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money. But also, let's go into the New York City politics itself, because they're Zoron Mam Donnie's wife, Rama Duaji. Well, turns out she has celebrated Palestinian terrorists in the past, in a flurry of reserve and social media posts she made not just as a teenager, but also in her early twenties. According to posts, she used her Tumblr account to hail Palestinian plane hijacker Leyla Khalid and other members of the terror group Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Now, Naobi, this is not the first time this has happened, and every time Zoron has defended her. And I mean, I get standing by your wife, but.
Speaker 13: Come on, I mean, was that saying in her behind every successful man as a strongly opinionated woman, is that what they say?
Speaker 14: And I think this is this is an.
Speaker 13: Example of where you know, he's obviously sort of said, you know this his wife is not a member of his administration. She's not a member of his campaign, but they were most sort of campaigned as a package deal. You know, she was an appeal to sort of younger women voters as well. And you know what's worse about the reporting that you kind of highlighted it was it's a part of a trend. There was reporting earlier that she had liked posts sort of celebrating the Hamas terrorist attack, which you know, is troubling in itself, and now we're sort of seeing you know, posts sort of a little bit further back in time, sort of ten years ago. But some of the stuff that she was amplifying, you know, was was sort of is troubling even now in the context of today, because she was sort of expressing support for terrorist organizations as well as this idea that you know, white people are to blame for al Qaida, and then sort of, you know, recently sort of said that you know, a Tel Aviv shouldn't shouldn't exist, which I think was probably the most troubled troubling thing. So we'll see whether he can continue to defend her. This obviously takes place after there was protests and counter protests outside their home between sort of you know, white nationalists or people that were sort of islam phobes and people that you know, were not. And so I think that this sort of puts fire and already a very sort of tenuous situation, particularly as the war in Iran is unfolding.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Hey, finally just wanted to talk a bit a bit of bit said or you know, news around the Trump White House with the announcement that Chief of Staff Susie what Wilds has breast cancer apparently, but we'll fight on in her rule while undergoing treatment. Great example I think to women to rise so high, but also just you know here that she's going to try and keep battling on with the position. Your thoughts, Yeah, I.
Speaker 13: Mean when I first heard that news, I sort of was sort of surprised that she wouldn't want to stay on in that role. But I think we've seen with this administration, you know, the likes of you know, Caroline Levett, who will probably be in her post. She'll only sort of take three weeks off or something like that when she has her baby. So they're so committed around this president and the fact that she was diagnosed last week, you know, there's there's hope that it was an early diagnosis, and she's very confident about her prognosis, but obviously it's scary. She's sixty eight and a lot of women have to contend with this, which is why I thought it was really sort of meaningful in her post when she sort of you know, reflected on not only her journey, but also you know that this is something that a lot of women contend with, you know, not early in this country, but around the.
Speaker 2: World of course, of course, and of course here at the Usport we pass on our well, which is to Susie Wilds and hope she makes a speedy recovery. Nailmi, thank you so much as always for joining us. Now, anyway, let's move on because we've had a lot of other fun stuff this week. These oscar as Saint Patrick's Day, both by the way ruined by Lamb attempts to make them all woke, but you know who's not buying into woke. Secretary of War Pete Hexith. Here was a little update on the fight in the Persian Gulf.
Speaker 15: The last job anyone in the world wants right now for the IRGC or besiege temp jobs, all of them and to borrow a page from Admiral Ernest King in World War Two. We've decided to share the ocean with Iran. We've given them the bottom half.
Speaker 2: Indeed, well played, sir, well played, though still not as funny as your boss. Anyway, to stick around, because from the hot war of the culture war, it's all happening in a tick. Welcome back to the program. Now, I want to go over to Texas to talk about this chucklehead, James Tallerco. He's a Democrat pastor who emerged victorious in the Democrat primaries to run for the Senate. He's a guy who has said lots of incredibly normal things, like comparing white people to a virus, saying God is non binary, and oh that the fate of the world rests on stopping people from eating meat. In Texas, we.
Speaker 12: Have, I think, heard more and more issues of animal welfare. I think not just because it's the right thing to do and the moral thing to do, but also it's, as all of you know, necessary to fight climate change. It is now existential that we try to reduce our meat consumption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really see that message going down so well in Texas. And to talk about this and other elections that are going on up and down the US of A. I'm joined by a man who knows the process very well, former Republicans Senate nominee Rick made A. Rick, thanks so much for joining me here on the US Report. What tell me are the Democrats thinking fielding candidates like this tallar Ico guy.
Speaker 1: Well, great to be back on with you, first of all, and let me tell you the Democrats have become the Republicans' best friends when it comes to these mid terms. I mean, a guy like James Talerico. If we've learned nothing from the last few elections, is that voters are looking for authenticity. And you're campaigning in a state of Texas telling people to reduce their meat consumption when you literally have industries built off of the meat industry. I mean, it's silly. Now, look at James. He's going around saying that, you know, white people are a virus. Is that even authentic?
Speaker 15: You know, you.
Speaker 1: Can't disclaim and disown your own race and your own color. And when the country is trying to move more neutral, trying to become more race neutral, especially when people are literally just care about the price of the housing, the price of food. You know, it reeks of inauthenticity, and that's exactly what people are going to be taking to the voting polls come the mid terms.
Speaker 2: Well, Rick, I'm seeing this trend a lot here with the Democrats. They seem to be choosing candidates who are really wildly left wing, even if they claim to be moderates. And I feel like, you know, what we're seeing here is a reverse of what's happened in Virginia where they ran a supposedly moderate candidate who is incredibly radical now the governor, Abigail Spaanberger. Are Americans going to see through this when the midterm elections come up? Or is there a danger that, you know, if this war does not go well, if prices do not come down, and if gasoline, if petrol is still really expensive, the Democrats could get a slate of really hard left candidates up into Capitol Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely a concern. Right, It's always going to be a balance between social issues and fiscal issues, right, and at the end of the day, most people just want to live. And I think Reagan really said it best. He said, you know, the government is the biggest problem with is not the government, but it's the government in your house and keeping that government out of your house, right. And the problem is is that with candidates like Tall Rico who are not really campaigning on how to low lower prices, lower crime, fix our school systems. You know, if Republicans can't get candidates that can step up and create solutions to that, you're going to have a problem. So we'll see it's going to be interesting when it comes down to the midterm elections.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I think that's a great point because both sides have often fallen sort of that. You know, it's the economy step. But as James Carville, a Democrat, once said, but you know, this whole Democrat socialist thing, this hard left thing, you know, this is epitomized I think by Zoron Mundani in New York. Now again, this week was Saint Patrick's Day, but he was asked about his thoughts on Ireland and Saint Patrick Day and a unified Ireland, and he managed to turn the whole thing into a rant of a Palestine.
Speaker 14: Have a look over the past few years, as we've witnessed a genocide unfold before our eyes, there has been deafening silence from so many for those who have long cared about universal human rights and the extension of them to Palestinians. Silence, however, is nothing new, Rick.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think he's splitting the g down there at the pub, our friend, Zoron Mamdani. But how do you wind up managing to turn everything into Palestine? And is this approach going to turn you know, people off the Democrats?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean listen, I think when you and I live in New Jersey, right, we've seen so much flight out of this area because of people like Zoron Mamdani. We're just kind of sick of politicizing what should be fun events, should be celebrating heritage and letting communities be communities. And Zoron has a unique, almost special ability to turn things that are normal into abnormal events, right, And you know, I don't know, maybe the guy just likes it when you wear a he job over a kilt. I don't really know, but it's really a slap in the face of the communities that live here that are celebrating their faith, their their religion, their fun, and more most importantly, their values. And so unfortunately you have a mayor that's an activist that really just has student politics energy. You know, he's always making a cause out of nothing, always lecturing in a room, turning it into a seminar. You know, it's it's voters are already seeing through it where they're kind of sick of it, both Democrats and Republicans. This is no longer about party politics. It's really just about keeping some common sense and normalcy. And you know that's doro on for you out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Rick, We've got a rule on this program that pretty much anybody who's ever been involved with student politics, that's almost disqualifies them from going into adult politics. But you know, let's go from New York to the other coast here, let's go to California. I love this story. Here. In twenty twenty two, Gavin Newsom, potential presidential candidate budos could be next president, broke ground on the Wallace Annenberg Wildlife crossing. It was an idea to get animals to be able to cross a freeway in southern California. He boasted that the state had committed fifty four million dollars it would complete the job with the other ten million. Butt fast forward four years, it hasn't happened. It's now over one hundred million dollars. But here's the crazy thing. That Wildlife Bridge would allow all sorts of animals like wildcats and things like that to cross over into these suburbs. Rick, if you were at California, I feel like this is a metaphor for everything that's wrong with your state.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta tell you, even the deer get better infrastructure than the homeless, right they it's just streams. What their priorities are. They care about people, they'll care about animal they care about social justice, they care about all this textbook stuff that doesn't actually hit home right there. You're talking about like preaching to faculty lounges rather than the family kitchen table. And that's the problem. You know, guys like Gavin Newsom's door and mom Donnie, they're living in their ivory towers. They don't know what it's like when people are literally can't find the means to make ends meet. I mean, you know, and you're spending one hundred million on infrastructure for animals, Like are you kidding me? So you know what good? Like I said, these are the guys that'll be Republicans' best friends. And again, it's not about party politics. It's about who's going to bring common sense to look at the issues that are facing the voters, that are facing everyday families. You know, the rising price of gas, food, electricity, that's a big problem in my state right now. How are you going to use that? And especially when you have you know, technology like AI coming, entry level jobs are becoming increasingly hard to find. It's it's it's just laughable. It's laughable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And finally, Rick Is want to ask you very quickly. We had the oscars this week here seventeen point nine million people tuned in. This was the lowest is twenty twenty two? Are people just sick of all the woe Hollywood nonsense? The what the woe hollywoods? Yeah exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, like you know, que the tiny violin, No one cares anymore. And the truth is it's become an echo chamber. You go up there, you see these celebrities, they make these woke jokes in woke movies. It's just not reality. It's not what the everyday person is. And yeah, you know, I think people have lost a lot of interest because it's unrelatable. It's completely unrelatable because of this echo chamber they've created.
Speaker 14: Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a shame, Rick, the Hollywood dream is dead. Thank you so much for your time. Okay, now stick around because Holy in America is coming up in a tick. But first let's check in on former MSNBC or is it ms now host Joy Read shall we here? She is running the old stick that America is just as bad for women in minorities as Iran.
Speaker 16: We're kicking women out of the military, out of university. We're saying that DEI means women can't be hired for high positions in the sciences. So we're marginally better, and we're doing it for Christianity. They're doing it for Islam.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, come to think about it, she may be right, because if the reports are true, Iran as actually more woke than the US. After all, they just got their first gay Ayatola. Anyway, stick around, Only in America's next after the break. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Hey, so was Saint Patrick's Day earlier this week, and we've already seen how the woke mob have tried to appropriate a good excuse for a pub crawl and turn it into a dreary lecture about Gazo. So to counter all of that, how about a little blast from the pass back to nineteen eighty seven when President Ronald Reagan was in the White House. He was a man who not only liked a good joke, but also had no time for that woke nonsense.
Speaker 7: It's an honor and a pleasure for me to be here with you sharing the spirit and the festivities of Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 1: The blessed Saint.
Speaker 2: Patrick, we are told, and died on this day in the year of our Lord four sixty one, and leave it to the Irish to be carrying on a wake for fifteen hundred years.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, very droll, mister President. And I tell you what, I don't think Reagan would have liked what's going on in Ireland too much these days, but that's another story. Anyway, I'll see you next time here on the US Report and bright early Sunday morning for outsiders. Bye bye.