Speaker 1: From the Skying Center.
Speaker 2: This is Paul Murray Live.
Speaker 1: Yes, we certainly have welcome to Paul Murray Live with me Danikidi Giorgio. They have indeed let me back into this man cave for a second night in a row. And boy, we've got a big show ahead coming up. What is it actually going to take to get rid of Kevin Rudd? And who is the real village idiot? I think we know the answer to that. Four foreign nationals arrive on our shores on a boat? Are our borders secure under labor? And the US snubs the UN's Climate conference. But it's okay because the Talibahun will be making an appearance. But first tonight, you know, I'm really trying to picture a meeting between Kevin Rudd and Donald Trump, or perhaps their first phone call even since Trump's re election. And I've got to say, wondering if we'll go Hi, mister Trump. It's Kevin. Kevin here, Kevin O seven Big keV. You know you might remember me. I'm the ambassador. I consider myself a really intelligent person. In fact, here's some of my previous work.
Speaker 2: Ah, there's language. He's just complicates it so much, you know, how can anyone do this? Man, this is just impossible. My name's Kevin. I'm from Queensland. I'm here to help.
Speaker 3: Oh, fair shake of the sauce bottle mate, fair shaker, the sauce bottle mate.
Speaker 1: Well again, fair shaker, the source bottle mate.
Speaker 4: It's highly unlikely that you will have anything emerged from the NEF by way of detailed programmatic specificity.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sure, but really really understand that one over there. I can just see it, you see, Donald, I know lots of things. That's why they call me the doctor. That's why I'm doctor rud I've got a PhD, you know. And that's when Trump walks out of the room or hangs up the phone, when he realizes that this is the same Kevin from Australia or Kevin from Queensland apparently, who called him the most destructive president in history and a traitor to the West, and now was revealed by my colleague Sharry markson a village idiot.
Speaker 2: So as that changes in China's favor, and as the United States in the last four years has been run by a village idiot.
Speaker 1: But according to Rudd, there is nothing to see here because the diplomat annihilated his keyboard last week, furiously deleting any and all evidence of his past criticisms of Trump immediately after Trump won. That was Kevin Rudd's office said that this was done to eliminate the possibility of such comments being misconstrued as reflecting his positions as ambassador and, by extension, the views of the Australian government. Yes, of course, because being labeled a traitor to the West, that must be misconstrued. But no, no, it doesn't matter because here is what Labor will tell you today that.
Speaker 4: As the Prime Minister and Pennymont Long made clear last week, Kevin is doing an excellent job.
Speaker 1: An excellent job. This is real comedy, gold and que The next one is Keaven Rud the right person to be US ambassdon Yes, no, never mind, he insulted the next leader of the free world, not once, but multiple times. Kevin from Australia is apparently doing an excellent job. Please and with that, it's now official. The appointment of Kevin Rudd Anthony Aarbernezy's big captain's pick has blown up in his face. Rudd was after all, booted from his office by his own Party in twenty ten, Australia sent him packing three years later, and then he turns up in Washington. What does it take to get rid of him? Alban Eazy should have at the very least prepared for the possibility that Trump could very well be or re elected again when he thrust his mentor and form a boss into the job. At the very least put someone into the ambassador role that could foster relationships in a positive way between Australia and the US. Because Rudd's unhinged tantrums saw him call Trump a traitor to the West in that now deleted social media post, the most destructive president in history. He drags America and democracy through the mud that he thrives on, fermenting, not healing division. He abuses Christianity, Church and Bible to justify violence. At a political science webinar, Rudd described the president electors incoherent and occasionally in love with dictators. And this.
Speaker 4: I think the general consensus amongst anyone concerned with the public policy process, domestic or international, thinks he's nuts.
Speaker 1: So the question has to be asked, why on earth was Rudd chosen in the first place. All this was out on the Internet for the world to see, and still somehow Rudd ended up our top diplomat.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: His position as ambassador is now completely untenable, and it's his own fault, as it always is with Kevin Rudd and his ego. He probably has to sidestep his own ego just to fit through doors. And if he thinks that by deleting any in all evidence of his past comments about Donald Trump, that all will be forgiven, he's mistaken. Donald Trump is no fool. Call him what you want, like him, all ow them. But this is a man who has built his career on fostering strong relationships with people who show him respect, so you can hardly blame him for these comments.
Speaker 6: He won't be there longer, that's the case. I don't know much about him. I heard he was a little bit nasty. I hear he's not the brightest bulb. But I don't know much about him. But if if he's at all hostile, he will not be there long.
Speaker 1: And it's this sort of arrogance by Rudd that makes his appointment by Albow dangerous. Rudd slanted Trump on the world stage, told the world he was destructive, The Australia US relationship is so important, So why on earth would Trump be willing and likely to pick up the phone or meet with Kevin from Queensland, Kevin from Australia when he's been slanted by the man. I've got to say, there's only two idiots who need to go back to their villagers, and that's Albin Easy and Rudd. And let's be honest, Kevin and his ego won't go voluntarily, but he certainly can't delete his way out of this one. It's time for Albo to take some advice from Trump and say, hey, keV, you fy it now. Look, I've got to say it appears that the ghosts of the rud Gillard Rudd era are circling again because the resolve of Labour's border is being tested, with four foreign nationals arriving in a remote part of the Northern Territory on Monday. It is understood that these four individuals were located on the remote Croker Island, around two hundred and fifty kilometers northeast of Darwin by traditional owners, and there are reports that the arrivals told locals on the island they paid someone to be taken to Australia. It is believed they arrived by boat. Now the group are apparently no longer here, but here we go right before and election. It was indeed revealed in Senate estimates last week that there have been twenty two confirmed illegal boat arrivals since the federal election in May twenty twenty two, all under that failed Andrew Jarles experiment, and now here we go again under Tony Burke. But g I wish someone in charge of the borders was like this man, Thomas Holman. Donald Trump's brand new borders are the man tasks with the deporting millions of illegals from the cun He's a former police officer and immigration official and a man who means business.
Speaker 7: I think some of these democratic governments they're going to stand in the way.
Speaker 8: They're going to make a heart for us.
Speaker 9: Well a suggestion, if you I can't help us get the hell out of work, we're going to do it.
Speaker 1: Here he is, again not mincing his words. We have seen one estimate that says it would cost eighty eight billion dollars to deport a million people a year.
Speaker 9: I don't know if that's occured or not.
Speaker 3: Is that what American taxpayers should expect?
Speaker 10: What price do you put on national security?
Speaker 11: Is that worth it?
Speaker 3: Is there a way to carry out mass deportation without separating families?
Speaker 2: Of course, yes, families can be deported together.
Speaker 1: And look, I've got to say, that's how you'd expect a person in charge of borders to speak, no nonsense, serious and ready to act. It's really great to say the adults back in charge of an office somewhere in the world. All right, let's get into it tonight. A big show ahead. Joining me now is Liberal Senator Holly Hughes and freyl each from the Mensies Research Center. Here we are. It is Ladies Night, Paul Murray live.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 1: We are in the man Cave. I don't know. Should we call it the man Cave tonight? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is it half priced drinks for ladies?
Speaker 1: How it works the lady's lounge? I don't know. Don't worry, Paul, We're not going to touch anything in here. Okay, everything is going to be left intact. Don't worry. We know you're coming back tomorrow night. Look, let's launch into this. I've got to start with our old friend I'm sure, an Avid Sky News viewer, and Kevin run I'm sure he loves loves the shows here, but holy what is it actually going to take now for Rudd to go? Surely his position is untenable.
Speaker 13: Did anyone else get a bit of PTSD then when they were just watching some of those clips? I mean, I think I've actually forcefully put him out of his out of my mind, like those the zingers that he tries and the little throwaway lines because he's so much cleverer than everybody else in the room.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's just cringe, you know, you do about someone gives.
Speaker 13: You the EG Welcome to keV, but yes, it would sing to me his position after today's latest video finding and I'm sure there will be many more to come that his position has to be considered untenable. Obviously the Labor Party, he was Albaneze's personal pick. They'll try and do everything they can to keep him there. I've heard tonight that apparently he's been reaching out to Scott Morrison asking him for assistance to develop relationships. The fact that he didn't delete these posts until Trump was re elected, I mean, it's either mass stupidity, not only by him but by the entire defat diplomatic corps who didn't say to him, mate, get rid of your Twitter now, like when you're appointed, get rid of your Twitter, like we know Sam, just stop.
Speaker 5: Well, but when Sam Mouston moved into.
Speaker 13: The Governor General role, all of her social media was white and gone because she was going into the office of the Governor General. Kevin Orright's gone into the office of the ambassador representing US, representing Australians to the United States. It's not about him anymore. It's about Australia. And it's never been about Australia for Kevin. It's always been about Kevin.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's all well and good. I did hear on Charry Martson's program that he has reached out to Scott Morrison. Well, it's all well and good now to want to be trying to foster relationships and build relationships, keV, you've been there for a while. Why haven't you been trying to foster relationships for some time? Freyer, it's almost an obsession with Donald Trump and it's come back to bite him.
Speaker 14: Well, it's classic lefty I mean, I don't think anyone in the Labor government possibly could conceive of a second Trump presidency because they like the rest of the left wing media were probably so captured in the Trump derangement syndrome that they thought no way could Trump ever get elected, So probably didn't even cross their mind that they would ever be put into this situation. But yeah, I mean to Holly's point, where was defat in all of this?
Speaker 1: Like, how on? How on anybody? I know?
Speaker 14: And the challenge now, I think we've got to remember who Donald Trump is. This is a guy who cut his teeth in business. It's all about relationships. It's about respect, it's about honor. And when he senses that somebody does not share that mutual respect, I don't think it's gonna go well for Australia. And that is a terrible outcome because we know Trump is talking about tariffs on all imports to the US, and so we need to be in a strong position as a country to fight for Australia's interests, which is one to keep orcas, to keep our deep military ties, but also to keep our strong economic and trade relations going. When we have an ambassador who has pissed off the president on day one, don't know how that's going to go.
Speaker 1: No, this is a thing, But I also wonder what is this a reflection though, on Anthony Albanesi, because these tweets were all they were in the Twitter sphere, they were all online, they were there for the world to see before Anthony Albansi parachuted Kevin Rudd into this role. So you've got to ask yourself, what on earth is Anthony Albanesi doing? What was he thinking?
Speaker 13: Well, they were there last week when all the polls were indicating it was likely to be a Trump whitt So what point was someone going to say, Hey, not quite sure this is the best thing to have up on your Twitter feet. But the fact that there is so much stuff out there, and you know, as a parent, I know we always tell our kids, once it's on the internet, it's always there's a lesson for you, keV. Yes, once it's on the internet, it's always on the internet. Yeah, And this is I think going to be an ongoing problem for Rudd. But Albanesi's arrogance when he said today you know he's off to South America. We know he doesn't sit in economy. He's taking his own playing to South America. But he has to be smug or well it's actually not on the way. When it was suggested he call in and have a meeting with President elect Trump.
Speaker 1: You know, it's I've find extraordinary pray that he's not. He's going all the way there. Why wouldn't you just pop into marri Lago, say let's build our relationship, let's work on this.
Speaker 14: I mean, he's probably nervous that Trump won't take the meeting. Yeah, let's be real at this point.
Speaker 1: I mean, why would he.
Speaker 14: This guy has four years to turn around the US that has suffered under four years of Democrat neglect. You think he's really going to give an hour, even thirty minutes to some guy from Australia who's already pissed him off.
Speaker 1: Like, no, No, it's just not how it works.
Speaker 14: You have to show respect and if you don't, well you will pay for that. And unfortunately Australia is going to pay for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. And you know to your point as well, Donald Trump didn't get this successful for no reason. This man is a professional businessman. He knows how to foster relationship. So I do totally agree. But look, let's move on. I want to talk to you about the foreign nationals that are found in the Northern Territory today. Peter Dutton seized on it, saying, labor have left our borders insecure.
Speaker 4: Have a look, this is now the twenty third boat arrival and it's another one that's been undetected. Our borders are not secure under the urban ezy government. How can a boat make it to the mainland without any detection whatsoever. I think it's clear that the Prime Minister should have been honest with the Australian people today when he addressed the media. He should have provided advice. Instead, he got up and mentioned nothing about it, which I think goes to show that the Prime Minister is not being honest in relation to this debate, and it demonstrates the fact that the government is seen as weak, not just by Australians but by people smugglers as well.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: Holly, we know last time this happened the Prime Minister was asked about it at a press conference. He said, I've been in the car, or I've bitten a played He's always to take a phone. I couldn't take the phone calls. I've been up in the air or something. But I mean, what does this suggest another four arriving on our shores detected? Should we be concerned?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 13: I think the fact that the boats are getting to Australia without any detection whatsoever, and this is reflective of the fact that labor does not prioritize the border floors. It doesn't prioritize actually investing in national security and border security. But the reality is there are less boats than we had under the Rudd Gillard years. But I think that's because this government's so willing to just give everyone a visa. It's probably smarter for them and probably cheaper to just come in the front.
Speaker 5: Door and they're just flying in.
Speaker 13: Nowadays they've only got to get a student visa and the Albanezy government can't wait to provide them with housing, welfare, pseudo education, welcome come in. But I think it is frightening that we're seeing those people smugglers are starting to push the boundaries again, and that so many boats are making it through without any form of detection.
Speaker 5: Because it might.
Speaker 13: Be people they're putting in it like we've seen today. We don't know what else is coming in in boats that haven't been detected, and I think this is what we always need to be mindful of.
Speaker 1: Well, this has always been a weak spot for labor, hasn't it Freyer. You know, they put Andrew Giles in initially a guy who represented asylum seekers on the Tampa put him into some sort of weird experiment here, put him in the immigration so that went really well. They've now handed it to Tony Burke. But is history repeating itself here or are they just testing the resolve of Labor head of the next federal election.
Speaker 14: I mean, I definitely think there would be people smugglers looking at Australia going how weak is this government really? What can we actually get away with here? But I think Labor knows that if borders become a serious issue at the next election. Immigration is already an issue that people care about, but if border security and national sovereignty becomes an issue, they will get absolutely annihilated. So they're smart enough to know they have to nip this in the butt quickly. But I mean, I think the damage has already been done and it does certainly feel like over the last two years, whenever Labor has touched immigration, things have ended up incomplete chaos. I mean, this is coming off the back of the two hundred and sixteen violent foreign criminals who've been released into the community too.
Speaker 5: We're not allowed to monitor anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 14: I mean twelve murderers, sixty six sex offenders, and now they're reoffending as well. Like we're not just talking about oh, you know, a couple people whatever. No, No, this is big and this is bad for Australians. So I think LABEL would be very very concerned right now about where all this immigration stuff is headed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's a good point because they don't have to have their ankle monitors any more. Wholly is that is that the case here? Now's there's no ankle monitors, it's fine, hopefully hope for all the best that there's no control.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean we were in Canberra last week when this High Court decision came down.
Speaker 5: Yet again this government has been caught flat footed.
Speaker 13: Earlier in the week, I was doing a show with Matt this way, He's like, oh, we put things up, there's things there hasn't gone through the Parliament. The Senate was there for estimates. So I'm sure in an issue as important as this that they would have had to bipartisan support had they needed to put in new legislation quickly.
Speaker 5: The Senate.
Speaker 13: I know I'm a senator, but I'm also not the clerk of the Senate. Yeah, I'm not going to guess what the process is, but we were all there, so there's no reason legislation couldn't have gone in to rectify this. And yet again they've just been caught. I don't know whether they're napping.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been napping for two years.
Speaker 5: What they're doing. I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 13: They haven't had a high court decision go their way, and they keep saying they've got contingency plans.
Speaker 5: But we don't crickets seed them crickets.
Speaker 1: No, we never do. Now, let's move on. There's a fun story in The Australian Today. Roger Cook has sought legal advice on delaying the WA election because it's going to avoid an anti incumbent wave hitting him before Anthony Alberinezi. Ive been growing concerns that whoever goes to the polls first risks a backlash over the Prime minister's waning popularity, but Easy was very quick to water it down today.
Speaker 10: I'll be campaigning for him, it must be said, and I'll be there next month with Roger there at the opening of a new rail line. Look the speculation around elections is something that has been I've read in the August pages of our national National tabloid the date was going to be August thirty, and then it was September, then it's December seventh. What I've been focused on is governing.
Speaker 1: What what was he saying? And clearly Roger Cook doesn't want to take the blame for an angry electorate. Oh actually we don't have that. Look, I want to say Freyer. You know, firstly, I don't think that anybody would want Albow campaigning for them the way that he's that he's going. So I don't blame Roger Cook for going what are you doing?
Speaker 5: These people are deluded?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so deluded. I mean that you'd worry. I mean, Western Australia is a labor state right now, but you wouldn't want Elbow out there, surely. I mean.
Speaker 14: Labours fall from grace over the last three years has been truly remarkable. The Liberals in WA were reduced to two seats at the last WA election, two seats out of forty nine or something or Labor.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine fifty nine.
Speaker 5: Labour's got fifty three out of fifty nine.
Speaker 14: And now they are so disappointed, so disturbed at the direction of labor. Even though they have the most overwhelming majority in the WA Parliament, they still need to look at any possible options to detach the State WA labor brand from federal labor. And that is spectacular. It's also spectacular when you consider Albo personally. The way the polls and the public have turned against him as a leader is incredible. He had one of the longest honeymoon periods of any prime minister in modern history, and then the voice happened and that was really the beginning of the end and since then it has just been one long downward spiral. So yeah, labor around the country should be extremely nervous.
Speaker 1: And I remember the last West Australian election. It was during the COVID period, so you had Mark McGowan dy Daddy State Daddy. Actually makes me sick that I don't like that line, but there's something very wrong with State Daddy. But you know, I remember that they didn't even want any federal labor support. They didn't need it because Mark mcgowillan was writing high on this popularity. But you wouldn't want to get elbow out there now, Holly it would be a disaster for the brand.
Speaker 13: Look, it would be and WA has not traditionally been a stronghold federally for the Labor Party. But I think it's everyone's got to be really careful though, because whilst people are hurting the cost of living pressures, energy prices, there's a lot of pain in the electorate. We've got to be careful that we're not preempting that the bats are coming out.
Speaker 5: The thing that Albow is.
Speaker 13: The master of is making people feel like, oh, you know, but he's trying so hard.
Speaker 5: He's still a good guy.
Speaker 1: You know, but this only takes him so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I just think we've got to be careful.
Speaker 13: Australians are very reluctant to vote out of first term government and I think no.
Speaker 5: One really should get too carried away.
Speaker 13: That's just my word of warning that you know that there's going to be this sweeping revolt against Elbow because there is still a lot of people, Oh, he's just a houso that's done good, you know.
Speaker 5: And look he's doing everything again.
Speaker 13: Don't get me wrong to diminish that, but you know, we just need to make sure that we're not setting it up with too high an expectation, because it is still.
Speaker 5: Going to be an almighty five.
Speaker 13: And that is why every Australian if they want to change the government, they've got to vote for the coalition government, because if they start to vote for a Teal or flirt with an independent or the Greens, they're going to end up with elbow marked.
Speaker 1: But I wonder why then, if if the WA election is slated for March, well, why would albou want to get this done early? Why would you want to go in as quickly as possible do you think? I mean, he could go up until May, but if you were looking to do it earlier, why the benefit of that.
Speaker 13: I don't think they want to put their climate targets out. I don't think they want to put the budget with ten years of ten deficits ahead of it. I think there's so much bad news coming. I don't think they want to wait for that to actually roll out. And that's the danger. I think they are hoping for a hail Mary with a rate cut. We just don't know that's going to happen. Well, that's the thing economists say that it's very unlikely. Think about economists. If you put three economists in a room, you're going to get five opinions. And this is the problem. No one knows where it's going to land. They are desperately hoping for a rate cut, so I just can't see them waiting for a budget and climate change right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we'll wait and say And look, we mentioned the Greens before because Labor is not the only party on the nose with voters. Because a resolved political monitor in the in Morning Herald shows that the Greens net likability rating has fallen from negative one at the last election to negative nineteen. Who would have thought? What a revelation, and that Adam Band is tied for the third most unliked politician behind Lydia Thorpe and Pauline Hansen Freyer. Are we shocked here? Are we stunned that the Greens are not likable? For goodness?
Speaker 14: So so surprised that a far left, extremist, terrorst supporting party could possibly be rejected by the Australian public.
Speaker 1: I mean, who would have thought?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 14: I mean, in all seriousness, I'm so glad. I'm so glad that people are waking up to the true nature of the Greens. And I think what we've seen in terms of issues that matter to people. Climate change used to be a top three issue around the country in every single electric pretty much everyone. Now it's like top fifteen. The things that are top three are the economy, migration, security, that sort of stuff. When the Greens are forced to talk about that, people freak out, and rightfully so, because they are a crazy socialist, far left party that's determined to destroy Australia. And so I think the more they talk about things other than saving koalas and building solar panels, the better it is because Australians start to realize the true nature of them.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree, and we've seen it in recent elections as well. In Queensland, the Greens didn't do well in the Act, which is a very heavy labor greene state. They didn't do well there. People finally realizing that this party's dangerous. I hope.
Speaker 13: So yeah, because you know, when you look at what Bob Brown's Greens were, they were environmentalists. They were actually you know, he saved the der Went. They were you know, Franklin Dam. They were actually about the trees.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 13: I used to work for Senator Bill Heffernan, and you know Bill was a bit of a bugger at the best of times, but he used to take their how to votes down at town Holland walk around going free drugs.
Speaker 5: Few kids, free drugs, few kids. But that was Green's policy.
Speaker 13: But unfortunately, you know, free drugs for your kids isn't their most extreme policy anymore. They've really moved away from the type of members and senators. They used to have two activists their undergraduate We know there's been claims of bulling and they don't do anything about it. I really do hope the Australian electorate is waking up that this is a party of extremists. Who was fre Uhid rightly? You know, they support terrorist organizations. They do not support Australia. They do not support Australians. They would have us living in trees. You know, we have a great time in the Senate because one of the Green senator actually knocked over a Kohala habitats, that a couple of investment properties. It just gets better and better and better. But yeah, it's but this.
Speaker 1: This is they're not what they used to be. But they're not they're not yet. The Bob Brown days were absolutely gone. But look it is good to say that perhaps people are realizing that this is not a pro Australia partner, this is a pro gaza, pro extreme party and hope communism is so totally absolutely agree. Let's move on now to misinformation, because of course the bill passed the Lower House last week. Now, Holly, you and your Senate colleagues have a real chance of actually sinking this awful legislation. But I want to show you this from the constitutional law expert and to me who I thought really nailed it on the Kenny Report this evening. Have I listened to this?
Speaker 11: If you look in that explanatory memorandum, not on the words of the bill, but in the explanatory memorandum, it says, well, we're not just dealing with facts here, We're dealing with opinions and commentary and claims and invective. You think, well, how do you decide that an opinion.
Speaker 1: Is true or false?
Speaker 11: And how does Google or meter or someone in the United States do that?
Speaker 1: Freya, this is the exact problem. Are we going to have a Canber bureaucrat sitting somewhere in a shiny office saying that's misinformation, that is wrong, and suddenly you hold in front of a tribune or you're hold in front of the courts because of what you've put online.
Speaker 14: It is genuinely nuts. And this is the thing with a new misinformation bill, Labour tries to go, oh, it's not going to be the Canber bureaucrats deciding what is misinformation. We're going to leave that up to the social media companies to decide. But if you go this is the iron If you go on too Meta's website, if you go onto the fact checking section, they literally say, we, as a private company, do not believe it's our job to check to do fact checking. So that's why we have third party fact checkers that are registered with Meta, and so their stuff will appear below posts fact checking.
Speaker 1: Go to some of these fact checkers.
Speaker 14: Check out the RMIT fact lab that was de registered from Meta after it was exposed that the guy policing misinformation around the Voice to Parliament was actually posting pro Voice to Parliament stuff on social media.
Speaker 1: This is the problem.
Speaker 14: Who on earth decides what is and isn't true? There is no way you can ever get around this. Do you want politicians no? Do you want bureaucrats no? Do the social media companies want to do it, No, they outsw was it to fact checkers?
Speaker 1: Do we trust them? Absolutely?
Speaker 11: This is the thing.
Speaker 14: How do we actually get to truth? You need conflicting opinions, You need hypotheses that you test, that you attack, you interrogate, and then over time truth will emerge. That's basic epistemology, the philosophy of knowledge. But when you have a government or a bureaucracy or anyone silencing opposing opinions, you actually never get to the truth. And many of the things that today we now accept as truth, especially during COVID three years ago, you're called misinformation. And so we have to be extremely careful. If we start to attack people's freedom of speech, every other freedom will fall.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think, well put and you're right. I mean the politicians, the same politicians who told us that if we would go outside during COVID for half an hour, you're going to get COVID.
Speaker 13: So if you went more than ten pilometers from your house, correct, it go on a swift if it's over.
Speaker 1: If you started a drink.
Speaker 13: Sitting down, you were okay, had a drink standing up, you were going to get COVID.
Speaker 1: Now this is a thing. Help holy how will this actually work? In your view?
Speaker 13: I've actually been just sitting here while Frey was talking, trying to think of what if we all already said tonight that would have been hauled before a tribunal as missing for everything? Probably everything they are just this is really dangerous. Yes, of course the Greens are supporting it. It's almost Handmaid's tail, you know, put you on the wall if you don't agree with them. It's frightening stuff that they're trying to push through. It's really going to We're definitely opposing it. It's going to be up to the cross Bench and what they do, because the Greens have said they were support.
Speaker 1: It, but luck with that that's the problem.
Speaker 13: Well, but the thing is, you know, if the Greens and Labor, they need three others to come aboard with them. So what's Payman going to do, What's Popot going to do, What's Lambi going to do? I'm pretty sure we know Pauline and Malcolm Robert and Ralph Babbitt will oppose it, but what is everybody else going to do?
Speaker 5: As that just as running David van cross.
Speaker 1: Bench there, it just reminds me almost of the hate speech laws in the UK and they've got a hotline one eight hundred hate speech and suddenly everyone's dopping everybody in. Are we going to get to that? Is this what is going to happen in this country? It's going to be ridiculous. Holy Hughes Fraileg. Great to have you both on on our Ladies' Night tonight. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Well stay with us. I can't wait to get to this one after the break. Federal employees in the US have said they're feeling PTSD after Donald Trump's win. Stick around that's next. Welcome back to Paul Murray Live, Danikiti Georgio here in the man Cave again. Paul, as we know, he's been really living it up in the US, but he is excited to come back to Australia for the next Our Town, which is going to be held in Bendigo on Sunday, the twenty fourth of November. So if you want to be in the crowd, please register for tickets at Our Town at sky News dot com dot au. It's going to be excellent. All right, let's continue the debate now. Joining me is PR Council's Christy McSweeney and libertarian commentator Kristin Abraham. Hi to you both. Great to have you on. You know this was non intentional, but I just say to have Lady's Night for two panels in a row tonight. But here we are, and quite frankly, I think it's absolutely fantastic. But look, let's get right into it. I want to start with crypto. And the reason why we're starting with this tonight is that there are calls for labor to renew their support for crypto currency after Donald Trump's historic election win. It's actually been reported that the crypto industry spent two hundred million dollars in the US election, while one of Trump's biggest allies, Elon Musk, is also a strong supporter of crypto, and we know, I feel like Elon Musk is the winner really out of this whole election campaign. But Christy McSweeney will start with you. Investors seem to be quite boyd at the moment. But I don't know, do you think that christo crypto needs to be regulated here in Australia.
Speaker 3: Look, yes, a lot of people are looking at the impact of crypto and crypto bros in the US following the election, and I can see why some of our politicians in Australia from the Coalition at the moment wanting to jump on that train to get off the back of that press and that momentum. Cryptocurrency in Australia is already regulated. The ATO considers it an asset for the transfer of property's subject to capital gains tax. But what's not regulated is a whole raft of other stuff around crypto, including its integration in digital platforms. And if you asked for too much regulation, you're going to see crypto fall into the online gambling reforms and the social media bands.
Speaker 1: So if you want it just be a little bit quiet. Yeah, I think that's a really, really good point. And it's interesting in the US because Trump was once a bitcoin skeptic, as saying it was quote based on thin air, but he's now fully embracing it. Joe Biden, on the other hand, he sought to reign in crypto. Kristin Abraham, what do you think do you think that Christy is right there just stay quiet or do you think it should go in the other direction.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I think we should stay quiet. Just on Trump. He attended a bitcoin conference in Nashville in July and I'm assuming that's because he understands that bitcoin can kind of give you all the crypto can give you financial freedom, which is part of the American dream. And I'm shocked that the coalition thinks it's a good idea to push the labor government to do anything, because the labor government will just continue to tax it. So we already have capital gains tax on it, like Christy said, which I personally don't think that we should have on it at all. But no, leave don't let the government touch it because we'll overregulate it, just like everything else and it will eventually fall apart. And Ela Musk is not just the only winner from the crypto boom that's happened since Trump has been elected. I have a tiny portion of bitcoin as well.
Speaker 1: So there you go, so you understand it, but you know it's true. It's true because we don't want to get to a point where it's become red tape like everything else in this country and suddenly it's just absolutely tying itself in. Not so I totally agree there. And looks let's stick with the US where federal employees, well, they're reportedly on edge apparently because Donald Trump and his team are preparing to gut the government. Trump is set to enact an executive order known as Schedule F, which will give him the power to commit mass firings of employees who stand in the way of his vision as president. Now, this is what he had to say last week on the matter.
Speaker 7: First, I will immediately reissue my twenty twenty executive order restoring the president's authority to remove rogue bureaucrats. I will wield that power very aggressively. The departments and agencies that have been weaponized will be completely overhauled, so that faceless bureaucrats will never again be able to target and persecute Conservatives, Christians or the left's political enemies, which they're doing now at a level that nobody can believe even possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's absolutely fantastic. Christy mcsweetey. I don't understand why people are up in arms about this. In the end, if you're a boss of an organization anywhere, it doesn't have to just be government, right, You're allowed to make changes. You're allowed to say I'm in charge. Here is what I'm going to do to make this company, make this organization the best it can be. And if you don't like it, off you go. That's just what I think about it. Do you think these bureaucrats should be worried?
Speaker 3: What is this schedule if?
Speaker 1: And how can we bring it here to Melbolle?
Speaker 3: Look, I think that.
Speaker 1: There have been many a leader. Let's face it.
Speaker 3: I've worked inside the government, both at a state and federal level for over twenty years. It is a real thing public servants running their own agenda against the government of the day, just like it's a real thing of public servants who see it's their civic duty and their call of profession to enact the legislation of the government of the day. But we saw here in Australia following the Voice remember Queensland, public servers were asking perhaps could they have additional leave to get over the result, we have the Public Service Code here in Australia which means you enact the democratic will of the people of the government of the day. And really, I think that sentiment carries on across all elected democratic governments, doesn't it. You're there to serve the executive agenda, that's your job.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you are there to serve the people. So you know all this palava that comes with it is ridiculous. Christin Abraham, Yes you're in Melbourne as well. Be fantastic if you had this schedule left in the government in Victoria right now, putting in these executive orders to get rid of all the dead weight.
Speaker 15: Oh absolutely. And look, Victoria is a perfect example of dead weight in our public service. So and that's the reason why we continue to elect a rubbish labor government, because the public servants here like their cushy public servants jobs and they're waiting for their severance package which will set them up for their retirement, unlike the rest of us that work in the private sector. But no wonder the people in America, the public servants in America have PTSD. Their government has convinced them that they're in a war with democracy if Trump got elected. So it's no wonder that they're feeling like this. But I read to see in an article today and they framed it as Trump's doing mass firings so he can appoint Trump loyalists. But in actual fact it's mass firings to a point no one. So I say, drain the swamp over there, and then come here and let's drain the swamp in Victoria too.
Speaker 3: I just gonna make a point, are they Yeah, are they actually Trump loyalists or are they just highly qualified public servants who happen to identify as Republican that have been framed as Trump loyalists.
Speaker 1: In the media.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of that that goes on too.
Speaker 15: They don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, though, Christy. That's what they're doing in America, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no. Look, please come here, please come to Australia and drain this swamp, drain these labor governments, because this is exactly what we need down under as well. Now look, I don't know about you both, but one of my favorite things from this US election result has been the blame game that's taking place in the Democratic Party. They're broken. I mean, they are literally falling over themselves. But this time it's been from longtime Democratic st to just James Carville. Have a listened to what he said.
Speaker 9: Have no legislative power, we have no executive power, we have no judicial power. So when you out of power, you are an opposition party, and go and tell all of the people that are sending you and asking you for money, justify what you did. Justify what you did wrong and tell us what you're going to do different because what you've.
Speaker 12: Done a worth Get your head around that. In all of the Washington based Democrats farting around going to wine and cheese parties and talking about how misogy initiagation to get yours out of Washington and go work on a twenty twenty six campaign and do penance to make up for your goddamn arrogance and stupidity.
Speaker 9: Well, we're going to say we told you so. We told you this identity was disaster. We told you to get out in front of public safety issues. You didn't. We told you to have an open process and demonstrate the magnificent and staggering and deep talent that exists in the mind Democrat party. You didn't.
Speaker 12: We told you to differentiate yourself and buying you didn't. I hate to be know it all, but all of these things are part of the record.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, where were you? Where were you this whole campaign? Christy mcsweetey, he is absolutely spot on.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot more where that came from. I think Danka, interestingly, that is very different assessment to what I heard from Nancy Pelosi, who if you're interested, gave the groundbreaking Democrat assessment this week to The New York Times and across their podcast, The Daily. She was very deft at continuing to answer every question about where they went wrong, saying, no, it's a great result in some areas. We're going to pick up seats in the House in New York's, which of course is a Democrat area. Anyway, she did say and was forced to admit that maybe if Kamala was tested in a primary, which Americans take really, really seriously, instead of being handed a job by an old guy who held on too long, supported by a bunch of other old guys to protect, maybe some young guy who they didn't want a wister's talent, and then actually performed at a level of which demonstrated to the American public she could do the job. She would have been Okay, so many own goals of the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is this the same Nancy Pelosi who wanted Joe Biden on Mount Rushmore? Yes, that would be the exact same mart Nancy. That the same one. Kristin Abraham, what do you think I mean that I thought that was a fair and very accurate assessment, because the Dems are tearing themselves apart, but they only need to look at themselves.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, this case should come here and coach the opposition and the current government. He should be a footy coach or something like he's amazing.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 15: I can only hope that Australia follows in suit, because I hope Australia sees that Labor and the Coalition is two sides of the same Democratic party. Coin we have the voice, we have an opposition that's trying right now to push through a draconian and orwellian attack on free speech with the Misinformation Bill, and then we have a Trojan Horse bill for the under sixteen Social Media Band, which is actually for digital identity. I hope that the Australian public understand what's happened in America and does the same thing, because I feel so hopeless at the moment. I'm considering doing a Ladier diver down Burke Street in Melbourne because it's getting that bad.
Speaker 1: Well, make sure you tell us if you do that, because I said, the camera's there, we need to see that live and local. Christ and Am stay right there. We're going to come back to you. We're going to take a quick break and coming up. Airbus Elbow has been pushed to meet with US President elect Donald Trump, but will he actually go. We'll discuss that next Welcome back to Paul Murray Live with Me, Danikiti Giorgio and we are still joined by Christy mcsweetey from the PR Council and libertarian commentator Kristin Abraham. All right, let's get into our next topic now. The opposition is calling for the Prime Minister Anthony Albersi to really get on the front foot with the US President elected Donald Trump, especially given he is actually going to South America, So why not go to Marri Lago, I say, But the Shadow Foreign Minister, Simon Birmingham is called on the Prime Minister to make this a priority. Here he was today, Anthony Albanizi and Donald Trump had never met.
Speaker 8: Kiss darmand the UK's Prime Minister seized the initiative a couple of months ago and while he was in the US along with your Endramoti from India, they went and saw Donald Trumplin as candidate make sure they were forging those relations.
Speaker 16: There's an opportunity here for Anthony alban needy to seek that meeting, to do so early and would clearly be in Australia's interest for him to show that initiative and that drive.
Speaker 1: Christy mcsweety should he go to marri Lago reset the relationship, especially off the back of Rudd's commentary, But surely this is important to start fostering a good relationship with our closest ally.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't think Elbow's ever going to set foot on Mari Lago, but I do think he should go to Washington or to New York. He's traveling anyway, it's not additional.
Speaker 5: Cost to the taxpayer. Of course he should go.
Speaker 3: We've got concerns around our ambassador and we've got such a very very strong impetus to deliver orcas to make sure the deal goes forward as it was intended, without further investment from Australia and further spending concerns. That's really really important. Plus, the United States is a major foreign direct investor into Australia and a major trading partner for US exporting into the US as well as back the other way.
Speaker 1: Of course he should go.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most important alliances Australia has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a thing, and especially after Rud's comments. You'd want to just smooth things over, say you know, we're still on board, we're still one, we're still together. Kristin Abraham, a little short diversion, do you think or should you just come back to Australia.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, but I do have news that albo will not be going, unfortunately, and that is because he has informed me that he will feel inadequate by meeting Trump in person, and honestly, Trump would probably laugh at the way he's governing his country anyway.
Speaker 5: So look, I think that.
Speaker 15: Peter Dutton should actually take some initiative and go you know, Albom's not to meet with Trump, but here I'm going to go do it. The silent majority voted in America, maybe there's a silent majority in Australia because there's no hope, prialber Let's be completely honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to picture this him walking into Mari Lago feeling inferior after what what did he say?
Speaker 16: He was?
Speaker 1: He scares the shit out of me, So we know already how Olbow feels about this. So yeah, you're right, I doubt he will ever go there. Great to have you both on Christy McSweeney and Kristin Abraham, thank you so much for joining me this evening on the show. And that is it from me tonight and this week with Paul Murray to return to the man Cave for tomorrow night. As I said, I haven't touched it. I'm not touching anything around here, but right now it's stay tuned. Coming up next on Sky News, it's The Late Debate. Good Night,