Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on Nomber one hundred. Well, well, well, good morning Melbourne and happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning Lauren and Elizabeth Phillips.
Speaker 1: Good morning Clint. Just what do your middle name?
Speaker 2: Lucas?
Speaker 1: Lucas.
Speaker 2: We've known each other for twenty years and you still don't know. Oh, listen to this.
Speaker 3: Our faithful leader is not with us this morning. He's off sick, Jason. It's the Clinty and Lossy show, it is, and it's just us kids running the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's about time you know what he was.
Speaker 3: Isn't he He's okay, he's got the same thing. I think half of Melbourne have.
Speaker 1: It at the moment.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got a lurgie feeling.
Speaker 3: I think that changing weather has bought everyone down and it's taken our great leader, Jase Hawkins down.
Speaker 2: It was also a full moon last night. Maybe that's knocked him around because I know he loves his astrology.
Speaker 1: And was it actually a full movie?
Speaker 2: It was? Yeah, yeah, dog was.
Speaker 1: We're a bit kooky yesterday.
Speaker 3: Even driving this morning, I saw some kookie things happening on the streets. Really, some guy on the corner of like Punt Road and Turock Road doing some kind of rain dance on an e scooter.
Speaker 2: It was raining, it was so it worked.
Speaker 1: It was a rain dance meant to rain.
Speaker 2: I think it's meant to show the rain away. Well, he was embracing, it's meant to bring the rain.
Speaker 1: He was enjoying.
Speaker 3: He was just dancing in the Maybe I was just it's magical. Now we actually need the rain so badly in Victoria. But getting out of bed this morning, it did feel.
Speaker 2: Like winter, didn't It did absolutely.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Jase, we hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad he's taking a day off. He was like coughing up along all day yesterday.
Speaker 2: And do you know what a little peak behind the curtains. It was like seven thirty and he goes, you know what, guys, I'm going to order a fur. Oh he did, like a Vietnamese fur at seven thirty. A first things first, who eats a fur at seven point thirty. Secondly, a couple believe there was a name shop open cooking the fur that early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: He ordered Uber eights in the morning and then got distracted and the Uber Eats got delivered and dropped somewhere because it timed out you know you have to do like five minutes. Anyway, he missed his verb.
Speaker 1: But eventually, let's stop talking about Jason. Enough about jakesough about him, more about this is.
Speaker 2: An opportunity for us to shine and for us to talk about us.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm being told that it was forty six point nine percent of the moon, not even a half moon.
Speaker 2: How can you tell? Is there some sort of calendar? Yeah, yeah, okay, when's the next full moon? Do we know I'm going to eleventh to June?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's coming.
Speaker 2: So do we still go cray for a partial moon? Surely?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know why that guy was dancing in the rain then it was just embracing the rain.
Speaker 1: We do have a busy show today.
Speaker 3: Now we've got one thousand dollars an easy thousand bucks to win in the first fifte to the show.
Speaker 2: And this is such simple money to win as well. I couldn't believe how easy it was yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is coming up, of course, got your chance to win five thousand dollars. A little later in the show, Jordan Lewis is joining one of my favorites. He can talk about what the hail's going on? Down at the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Down at the Hawks, and he also played for Melbourne as well. Why the demon's kicking goals? Are kicking more points and goals? Well they can't. They've got to get their kicking boots on, as my grandma used to say, get your buddy kicking boots on. So that's all still to come on the show. You're listening to Jason Lauren on No, let's start our morning with Sabrina carp In the show seven past six and over one hundred Jason Lauren with you. Although no, Jace, good job, Clint, thank you so much. Don't do that? Okay, he did it.
Speaker 1: Well, Jase isn't here. It's just the kids running the showy.
Speaker 2: How about this one? Tops of fourteen today right now, twelve degrees.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a lozzy and clamooth Jace this morning.
Speaker 1: He's off sick. If you've just tuned in.
Speaker 2: No problems, there's no one hitting the wrong buttons.
Speaker 3: He's going to hate it. We've got producer Jee's on the buttons. Morning, jeers, morning, how are we?
Speaker 2: We'll call you jasp it more enthusiasm please, good morning?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Do you want me to make Jason noises bad?
Speaker 1: He's been sick.
Speaker 3: He's been sick all week and he's been coughing and spluttering. So he's been given a day off today to stay in bed. And you know, when I woke up this morning and it.
Speaker 1: Was pouring with rain, you were going to call and sick. I don't want to get up.
Speaker 2: High cross my mind. But it's thrown us out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when we get here, we parking in an underground car park downstairs, and I'm out of the three of us, I'm always on the podium. I always get the bronze medal for the arrival time. I'm always the last one here and I park between you two.
Speaker 1: But I got here first this morning, which is just a car park.
Speaker 3: And I had no idea which car park was mine. And I realized I actually must just be on autopilot.
Speaker 1: In the mornings. Well, if you're in I don't pay attention.
Speaker 2: But if you're on autopilot, you would have parked in the right park.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I just see the two cars and just go.
Speaker 2: That's all right, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: And I drove in this morning and I sat in the empty car park and was like, where do I park?
Speaker 2: Because I've got two markers to park between, like you're doing a driving test basically. So I get here and Lauren is in my car park and I'm like, what on earth is going on today? This has rattled and do you know what?
Speaker 3: But it's going to be a domino effect now because one by one the rest of the office are going to roll in and everyone's going to be in the wrong car park.
Speaker 2: The stupid as it sounds, getting into your car park that was it was hard. I couldn't. I had to have two gys at it because it's a different park.
Speaker 1: Car park war was in offices.
Speaker 3: There have been many wars in this building about who gets to park where.
Speaker 2: So we're going to in the prime spots.
Speaker 1: We're in the prime.
Speaker 3: But even in our street at home, there's people who have car park wars. So it's a permit zone on our street, but anyone can park anywhere, but people get very territorial about parking outside their house.
Speaker 1: Do you have that in your street?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I've seen lots of videos online of people crack in the ships if someone parks out the front of them.
Speaker 5: Accept you think that's acceptable, Jazz, I do, But I've also been guilty of just choking the car wherever I can get.
Speaker 2: A park so do I?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm with you. You park anywhere in the street.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would also be equally as annoyed if someone parked it inside my house.
Speaker 2: What about in a work zone?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: So you want to No, I'm saying, I'm an absolute hypocrite.
Speaker 2: The work zone really troubles me, you know where, because there's a there's a place under construction three doors up from me, and it's the work zone. But it's like seven am till three pm.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't park up on the street.
Speaker 2: No, no, because it's for all the trucks and the concrete trucks and all that. And then across the road there's a church, which, by the way, they block out church times for an hour every couple of days.
Speaker 1: And if you're not going to church, you can't home.
Speaker 2: They need somewhere for the hearse. Yeah, you can't park there. It's trouble.
Speaker 5: Downpat's funeral parking.
Speaker 2: Yes, doesn't say that on the sign book it.
Speaker 1: How do you How do you book a public car park a public street?
Speaker 3: They do well, they just get their first Yeah that's allowed. You can't be carrying hears down the street. Although when I when we renovated our house, I was like, we were obviously the annoying one in the street because we had builders and concretors and all of that taking up the spots in the street. And our next door neighbor's house is a bit older and it's just sold. And now I fear we're going to have renovations next door. And somehow it's okay when it's you, but when it's the neighbor, it's infuriating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you had renovations for quite some time, but you didn't live in Is that right?
Speaker 1: We didn't live We lived in another house down the street.
Speaker 2: So we took up the whole problem. And now it's come home to roost. Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: Anyway, sorry about the car park situation this morning. I'm sure it will cause a domino effect in the office and we'll be telling everyone you got here first, in course that yep, all.
Speaker 2: Right, coming up, Melbourne, your chance to win a cheeky one thousand dollars with Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: On Neva thirteen, twenty fourteen. If you want to play for a cheeky ground this morning. Now, this would have to be the easiest way to win cash in the morning, Clint.
Speaker 2: I'm accumulating the blocks.
Speaker 1: So you've got a handful of Lego blocks. Lego brick they called brick.
Speaker 2: Bricks, sorry, brick of brick man. Yeah they're bricks, yes, yes, okay they are. So I've got a number. It's a decent handful, I must say, decent handful. And what I'm going to do the aim of this game is to drop the bricks and Melbourne, it's your turn to figure out how many I've.
Speaker 1: Got, all right, Clint? Shaking them up? Are you going to do a clean drop? Here we go, you're ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I don't think you dropped them from imel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go one more time.
Speaker 3: Go one more time, drop them from a bit higher, make some more noise, don't drop it on the paper.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, can you tell the kids are in charge? Okay, go, go go.
Speaker 2: It was a good one, all right, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: How many Lego bricks did Clint drop? Let's go to Kaylor and Hastings morning morning.
Speaker 5: Oh you got two kids?
Speaker 1: You need a weekend away? Sis?
Speaker 2: You know the sound of Lego surely I do.
Speaker 7: My husband actually gave me Lego flowers for Mother's Day because I don't like flowers.
Speaker 1: Do you like lego flowers? I do like lego flowers? Do you have to build them yourself? What did you build them?
Speaker 2: My stepdaughter built them, Kaylor. The best thing about that is that they're going to.
Speaker 1: Keep Yeah, exactly, all right, Kayla. How many bricks do you think Clint has? Clinton? Twenty lower? Kayla?
Speaker 6: Bad luck?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Michael and carram Down's morning.
Speaker 2: Michael morning, How are you hello? Michael? How many how many Lego bricks did we drop?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Nine higher, Michael, somewhere between nine and twenty, Hannah, we could be let's.
Speaker 2: Get to you. Good morning, hi guys. Or you're chasing some cash? Where are you heading?
Speaker 9: I am going on a cruise to pup in New Guinea in November.
Speaker 1: Gee, very nice spend money.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: How many bricks do you think Clean dropped?
Speaker 9: Twelve?
Speaker 1: Somewhere between nine and twelve, nine and twelve.
Speaker 2: What about Jacinta?
Speaker 3: Come on, Cinta, you've got a fifty to fifty chance here morning morning.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Then, please.
Speaker 10: I'll take number eleven please.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's done it well, eleven thousand dollars yours mate, How are you use that?
Speaker 5: That's very easy, perfectly.
Speaker 2: What are you going to spend the coin on?
Speaker 10: I've got my daughter's birthday in about two weeks time.
Speaker 9: I reckon.
Speaker 1: You're a good keep some for yourself. Kids get enough.
Speaker 3: As the two hosts with no kids, we can say that kids get enough.
Speaker 1: Don't they?
Speaker 2: You think so? But no, keep taking a little mate. What's her name? Give a shout out, Jordan.
Speaker 1: Cute, Happy birthday, Jordan.
Speaker 2: Well that's your chance to win, another chance coming tomorrow. Yes, that's an easy game. It's easy, buddy, love it.
Speaker 1: Jer Wey must have DoD a real brainstorming session to come up with that one.
Speaker 2: It's like the price is right. Remember the showcase, and it used to be so it was the higher and lower and Larry used to be higher.
Speaker 1: No, the yodling one was there. It was the mountain climb. What was he called.
Speaker 2: Cliffee cliffee cliff Cliffe dropped off the cliff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Melbourne, it's just gone twenty five pusic.
Speaker 2: Good morning Melbourne. It's Tuesday and the kids have got the keys to the car.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just gone six point thirty on a chilly Tuesday morning.
Speaker 1: What about that rain yesterday?
Speaker 3: Sorry if you have just tuned in Jay Siasm, Yeah, that's what's very cool.
Speaker 1: It is a cold morning night, we've got the studios.
Speaker 2: Why does he insist on having this place?
Speaker 3: So no idea because he's in Queenslander and Queenslander is.
Speaker 2: Like, well he reckons, he goes. Oh, it's to make you guys more alert, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: It just makes me more irritated, makes me hate him.
Speaker 2: Last night I have to take off a layer there this morning.
Speaker 1: Last night I was leaving pilates at fits five thirty. Oh you know me always exercising at like five thirty.
Speaker 3: And it was the prettiest sky and sunset I have seen in Melbourne in a long time.
Speaker 1: Did you say it? Were you stuck at work?
Speaker 2: No? I am see to function last night. What I just added to the calendar. Oh that's a little a little favor for a friend, the Melbourne City player of the year, the A League champions. Mind you. So it was an amy park, but I missed the sunset.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was the most beautiful sky I've ever seen, Like it was purple pink or it was all the colors of the rainbow and now it's really turned Melbourne. We're in the depths of winter today.
Speaker 2: Well, talk to me about the rain this morning, because I must have slept through because I got up and it was sort of damp. But was it real?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love lying in bed and listening to the rain. I seriously considered staying in bed, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'm here Jay Station.
Speaker 2: Thankful you're here.
Speaker 1: He's lying in bed. Imagine it was just you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could do it. Hey, Coming up next, I want to open the phone lines and thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air. I want to talk petty fights, petty issues, things that make you irritated. Because something has really really upset me. It's got to do with health and cold plunge. I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a real cult.
Speaker 2: You were Jason Lyron. He's so hot right now, Benson Boone on No. One hundred twenty three to seven. How did that one go? Was he?
Speaker 1: He is so hot right now?
Speaker 2: Do you know what what's hard is doing the time thing when it's this half hour because you'd have to sort of do a little bit of maths to figure out how many minutes it is to the top of the hour? Sixs I'd rather just say six thirty seven. Why don't we.
Speaker 1: Do that as opposed to what thirteen.
Speaker 2: To twenty three minutes to seven?
Speaker 1: No one says it's twenty three minutes to seven.
Speaker 5: The only person who does is Jase Holkins. Yes, so I've caught the bug twenty three. Yeah, just say six thirty seven, six thirty seven.
Speaker 2: That's pretty smad.
Speaker 3: Jazzy just buzzing in there because Jase's off today.
Speaker 1: He's off sick.
Speaker 2: So I've got a man but you do find yourself. Yeah, twenty two minutes to seven.
Speaker 5: Now, Jase also gets the mart's wrong some times. Yeah, just say the time. The numbers are there, Just say the numbers.
Speaker 1: I don't pay attention to just he's say twenty two minutes to seven, Yeah, thirty eight.
Speaker 2: But you'll see his small little brain started to go over when he goes nineteen minutes seven.
Speaker 1: I've never noticed that.
Speaker 2: You notice it more now years off.
Speaker 1: Today's got the man flu. We hope you get better soon, Jason.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Hey, I want Melbourne's help here because I'm sure there's gonna be some great stories. Thirteen twenty four ten to join us. I want to talk sort of like you know, petty fights or just a little niggling that happens out there in Melbourne. I am. I'm a picture of health myself as well. For a bit, for a bit of relaxation, a bit of r and a laur and on a Saturday morning I tend to do. I do a sauna and a cold punch me.
Speaker 1: Do you do this after the Today straight after.
Speaker 2: The Today Show? Yeah? Yeah, So I finish the Today Show, take the makeup off, jump in, jump jump in a car and I head up to the local. I don't even know what you call it. It's called one remedy.
Speaker 1: It's like a base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, relaxation.
Speaker 1: Bathhouse up, every.
Speaker 2: Bath house all above board.
Speaker 1: By the way, why what bath houses on board?
Speaker 2: Some bath houses it what happens? What happens?
Speaker 1: None of the bath houses I go to have anything use the imagination in a bar pouse.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a sauna with sauna bath house?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, you so you're an expert in.
Speaker 2: This, especially in Sydney anyway.
Speaker 1: It's happening in the bath houses in freaky take you Sydney up King's Crossway. Oh yeah, oh do we have them in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It's real relaxation. But how oft did you get it down there? This one you've just thrown yourself right, No, no, no, this one is above board. So you do fifteen minutes a sauna, three minutes of cold plunch.
Speaker 1: Three minutes is too long.
Speaker 2: The cold plunge is a it's like a communal cold plunge. There's five spots for people, so it's like a cold pool. So there's five places where you can sit and plunge, separate spots, separate spots. There's sort of like sort of like divided, but it's wine. But it's one common pool. Now, the issue is if you've been in a cold plunge, you don't want to move because the less you move, the better it is because it doesn't hurt as much. Basically, so you shut your eyes, focus on your breathing.
Speaker 1: Do you do wim Hoff?
Speaker 2: I do do wim Hoff? So I do four seconds in, four seconds at the top, four seconds out, four seconds.
Speaker 1: Whim Hoff is like a breathing expert. It's all that breath.
Speaker 3: Because I went in the cold plunge with my friend Dale and he tried to make me do wim holf and I wanted to whim.
Speaker 1: Keet me in there for that long.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find the old testicles in there. This bloke, this bloke, he's like my nemesis. He gets into the cold Plunge and he thrashes around like he's in a bloody pool. Doesn't He splashes water on his face, and that just cause ripples in the pull. Everyone in there is like copping water on their face because it's like a wave ball. It's like you're at wet and wild. Yeah, he has no care, no consideration for anyone else around him.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't talk in these places. So I've decided it's time to get him back, haven't I?
Speaker 1: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: So? If he's in the cold Plunge, what do I do? When I get in, I start splashing around that No no, no no, because he's only splashing and when he gets in and when he gets out.
Speaker 3: But have you ever actually grown some balls and said, hey mate, it's really inconsiderate.
Speaker 2: You growing balls? Comment like it's hard in there, it's no balls. It's developed into what I'm calling a full blown cold war.
Speaker 1: Does he know what he's saying.
Speaker 2: He absolutely knows, he knows, he's onto it. Every time he gets in there, it's almost like he gives me a little cider and he's like just splash in his face. It's more going on. Thirteen twenty four to ten, Melbourne. I want to know, do you have your own cold war A little just something that really irritates your someone in the community that really gets your goat?
Speaker 1: What are they doing? Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We've got two hundred dollars Cogan vouchers. Cogan dot com helps you get what you want for less. Coca dot com.
Speaker 1: Now that's a clicking awesome.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten, though, where you know what? I want to ask you about that one flog at your gym, Jim floggy behavior. Is there someone that really gets your goat? I've got somebody in Sydney at the cold Plunge place I go to who just he splashes around and he makes it so so cold and so sore on my little body.
Speaker 1: Oh you're so PreCure.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm so precious on it. But going to get but you've got to be still. You got to appreciate one surroundings.
Speaker 3: You need to go to the one where you're just in that little bucket by yourself, another little bucket once, not the big pool.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jazz, who's paneling today? Jazz? You've got a jim fo? Have you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I think everyone has that person in their gym. But in mind, there's this one dude who comes in to work out and he's actually a lovely guy, but just the aura he gives off. He wears like he's he's got big muscles, like he's pretty tang but he also has like a bit of a pot belly, wears a singlet, but also wears like Timberland work boots. What do Yeah, it's a bit strange.
Speaker 1: People working out in jeans, Yeah they are. Have you seen that trend? It's all over TikTok in the ground jeans.
Speaker 5: But as he's working out, he's one of these characters.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 5: But also he like hipes himself up.
Speaker 4: He'll go like wait, Baby's like wait, like wait, baby, Jim, is he jim bro or a jim fo?
Speaker 5: He's he wants to be a gym bro, but he's absolutely a gym.
Speaker 3: Twenty four to ten, Melbourne, who is the Jim fo your jim who drives you out at the gym. We've got two hundred dollars Cogan vouchers to go give us a ring. This is where you can vent playing about what's happening in the strong.
Speaker 2: That's coming up after Black Eyed Peas are Nova. Black Eyed Peas, let's get it started on Nova, coming up to seven o'clock, Jason Lauren for your runder work.
Speaker 1: Guys, I want to do a pick quick pop queize around the studio because we obviously get up very early in this job, and lots of people on the roads right now would be also getting up very early, or some people would be just going to bed if they're shift workers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, So this morning, my alarm was set for ten plus.
Speaker 2: Four or you're a ten ten past four gow.
Speaker 3: Well, I know I'm filming postcards today, so I have to do a hair wash, and blokes don't appreciate hair washed day, so a washing of base, Well, yeah, I had to wash and dry it, but I also didn't want to do it last night.
Speaker 1: I just want to feel fresh this morning.
Speaker 3: You guys don't get that, did Producer jize You're I was gonna say engaged, you're not your girl friend, Disclaudia have flag the pressure a routine hairshed.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say it's every like a certain day, but she does no specific times during the week. But it's also it's reversed, engineered versus what she's got coming off. Right, This makes sense, so she'll plan and then work backers from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's just you're going to work and going to the gym, that is not a here Lach morning.
Speaker 2: This makes sense because my sister Mikayla is living with me these days, and she always asked me, are you going to do you need the bathroom in the next like half hour, because it's it's an hour.
Speaker 3: Job hair washing hour well washing and drying our hair clint. It takes a long time really, and then there's shower days.
Speaker 2: Where it's the drying. Okay, I guess you're you're shampooing your conditioning.
Speaker 3: Shampoo, champooing and shampooing again. Why twice because you've probably got filled up with dry shampoo and other things because then we drive shampoo on the days in between.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's not what we're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Like a dec or, a commercial.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can see me leathery as a shampoo my hair. I don't really know. It's not like that. I'm normally stressed and trying to get in and out quickly. But anyway, there's not what we's supposed to be talking about. So last night I knew I was going to do a hair wash this morning, I thought I went to I went to hot plays class. I had wet, sweaty hair, and I wanted to wash it this morning, so I went to bed. What time did everyone go to bed last night?
Speaker 2: Clint? I went to I was late. I was about a bit after nine, about ten past.
Speaker 1: Nine, yeah, produced Juice.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, it was my birthday yesterday, yes, oh yeah, what did you do? I just had some lasagna, watched Underbelly?
Speaker 1: Did you have a nine? You could have done that at six, squall.
Speaker 5: I had the lasagna at eight. That's very late for dinner.
Speaker 1: Every dinner.
Speaker 2: My breathday and under Belly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were watching about.
Speaker 1: You produced Brody. What time did you go to bed?
Speaker 2: I was in bed at seven forty one. Let's sleep by seven fifty one.
Speaker 1: So you're my guy gen Z quarter past nine.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's only his second day on the breakfast.
Speaker 1: I job.
Speaker 2: It was nine o'clock, straight after Lego Masters.
Speaker 3: Ah, you look like a Lego Master's man. Anyway, I went to bed at six forty. What six forty.
Speaker 2: My story hadn't come on the news yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: And I went to text you saying I'm already in bed, and I thought, nah, that's going to do your head.
Speaker 1: In forty forty, I went to bed.
Speaker 3: So I've been in this routine of actually going to bed really early because it takes me like an hour before sleep. Sometimes I'm trying to eat early, and I've fought Paul down with me. So the other night I got home and asked, like, let's have an early dinner. So we ate at like quarter past five. We had dinner, then it was say, quarter to six. I jumped in the shower, put it no, I wasn't going to go to bed. Then oh, I put like, how is ower? Put like a track suit on, like cozy comfort clothes, and Paul goes, I'm gonna do the same. So six o'clock, jumps in the shower, puts on a hoodie, track suit pants. We've already had dinner, and then we said, why don't we go to bed.
Speaker 1: And watch a movie.
Speaker 3: He was like, great idea, Like, we never do that early. So we climb into bed and bing. His phone goes off and it's his mate who's in power for one night that he's forgotten he's supposed to have dinner with. So we're tucked into bed already eight in an hour ago, and he goes, we're still on for dinner at seven point thirty.
Speaker 1: Shocking, And I was like, up, you get.
Speaker 3: He had to get up, get dressed and go out for dinner again and pretend that he hadn't already had dinner.
Speaker 2: Did he hate it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was blowing up.
Speaker 2: What time you get home?
Speaker 6: They?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was asleep. Hello there, Melbourne, good morning, Welcome to your Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's going to be I know it's a wet and wild one out there. I was careful on the road. You've got Jason Lauren this morning. Jase is off, Clint, it's just you and I running the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks to shell Ready Express. You're right, it was a cold, wet, wintery one. It's finally here.
Speaker 1: Funny, cold old day today.
Speaker 2: Hooty weather. That's what it is. What about No, I don't have still a thing.
Speaker 1: Remember people produced jazz.
Speaker 2: Have you got an?
Speaker 5: I've got an?
Speaker 1: You're an adult that wears an?
Speaker 5: Yes, I am absolutely though, no sign, no design. It's just it's just that dark navy.
Speaker 1: It's very class the original off the infomercial Navy. But then people have donuts and things.
Speaker 5: Avocados have a guard seat.
Speaker 2: The avocado old mate from Shark Tank has made his millions from the UI, hasn't he shark take the guard Yeah? Yeah, he's now buying everyone's businesses. He's going great guns.
Speaker 1: He was a guy in Australia who invented the don suit. Do you remember that I need one?
Speaker 3: I think Michael Whipper whip Flee from No Over Breakfast in Sydney was on the ad.
Speaker 1: He was on the ad in a Doner suit.
Speaker 3: And the pocket was the ad was like it was literally like pants and a jacket made out of Douner material.
Speaker 1: And the ad was like, the pocket's.
Speaker 3: Big enough that you can fit your remote control and the pizza menu.
Speaker 1: It's a fashion in Melbourne. Nothing is off limits.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's a news story that's really capturing everyone's attention, including grabbing worldwide headlines. At the moment. It is the trial of Aaron Patterson, the alleged mushroom cook who's up on a triple murder chart Wellington. It's extraordinary stuff. Now. She testified yesterday, and to get the latest went across to a friend and colleague of my Penelopelesh from nine years, one of our court reporters who is following the trial. Penny Good morning, Morning morning, Clint, morning, Lauren. So what did what happened yesterday on the stand? Yeah? Were you surprised?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, Aaron Patterson has taken the stand. This trial has been going for twenty four days now, so it's into its sixth week. The jury has heard from many, many witnesses from the prosecution, and it was after they officially said we close our case that her defense barrister got up very quickly and said the defense we'll call Aaron Patterson. Now that was quite a moment in the courtroom, but the judge actually said to the jury, well, this might be an appropriate time to take a break. So everyone actually left the court for sort of fifteen minutes when the jury came back in, and when they did, Aaron Patterson was there. She was at the witness stand and she was sworn in so she took an affirmation rather than an oath, And it was quite a sort of a moment in the courtroom where obviously all eyes are always on the witness box, that they were on her to hear her exactly in her own words, talking through what happened. Now, she was only up for about an hour yesterday. What she was being asked about was sort of her early relationship with her now estranged husband, Simon Patterson, and how she was feeling physically and emotionally with her relationship with his family and him at the time of this fatial lunch back in July twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: So when you say it was a real moment, was it expected that she wasn't going to get up.
Speaker 6: It is entirely up to any accused whether or not they take the stand. They have the choice as to whether or not they do that. It's entirely a matter for everyone in their league team whether they will give evidence. Some people do choose to give evidence in any sort of case. Others choose not to remain in the dock. So it is entirely up to each individual person. But Aaron Patterson, now she's been on this stand, I said for about an hour and we expect that she will continue her evidence this morning.
Speaker 2: So what sort of evidence have we heard already, Penn. Obviously I've seen a few reports about her faith, also about her relationship with their strange husband.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what she was sort of taken through was when she met Simon Patterson. She says, you know, they met while they were both working at Monash Council in the early two thousands, and initially it was sort of through friends. They'd go to sort of group things together, and she says she was a very staunch atheist at that time, but they discussed things like religion and politics, and she actually said, I was trying to convert him to being an atheist, but it happened the other way and I became a Christian. And she says this was after visiting the kar and Borough Baptist Church where his uncle Ian Wilkinson, one of the lunch guests was preaching.
Speaker 2: At the time.
Speaker 6: She had what she called a religious experience and she became quite overwhelmed by that. She also spoke about at the time of this lunch she and Simon, she said they were no longer really speaking in a super friendly way. They weren't really bantering, they were just functionally communicating about things like this.
Speaker 1: And so do we have any idea how long this case is going to go.
Speaker 6: For Well look erin Patterson. As we said, she's been called by the defense as a witness, So how long she remains on the stand is entirely up to the prosecution and defense who questioning her the defense at the moment, But then there will be other There may be other witnesses called by the defense. That's entirely up to them. Then there'll have to be some closing. So we would expect that this will continue for a week or so, at least initially. Jury has been told five six weeks was the estimate for the trial. We've just started week.
Speaker 2: See Penn, have you been in more Well for six weeks? Wow? I have any wonder I haven't seen you around the office?
Speaker 6: Yes, no, No, one has seen many many of us for a while. I've been here for for six weeks. The people of more Well have been very kind to have all of the media year. But it's been Yeah, it has sort of been a lengthy trial, as often these murder trials are. When there are a lot of witnesses and a lot of evidence to be called.
Speaker 3: Well, it's caught the attention of the whole state, the whole country, and like Clink said, it's it's gathering news right around the world as well. So thank you so much for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Thanks Penny. We'll see Penny's story on nine News tonight.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hide and Seek is back thanks to underworks. We don't know when, but shortly we're going to be locked up hidden somewhere in Melbourne on you have to find out.
Speaker 2: We don't know when. We actually don't know where. Hand on heart, Lauren and I and Jace have no idea. That's the twist this year, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if it's the first time you've heard about this, basically the three of us plus our production team are going to be locked hidden somewhere in Melbourne. We will sleep there, we will eat there, we will shower there, we will work there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first person to find us will be dropping clues throughout the days. The first person to find us and come and knock on the door and say, Jason, Lauren, come out, come out wherever you are will win the cash.
Speaker 2: This worries me a little bit because you know, we like our creature comforts, and last year and in years prior, we got to tick these off. We got to sort of say, yep, that's cool, nap, that's a shitter.
Speaker 1: They don't trust This year.
Speaker 2: How are we get to where's our filter?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just going to demand all the things that I want in there.
Speaker 2: What do we need?
Speaker 1: We need to bathrooms, separate bus.
Speaker 2: Separate what males and females?
Speaker 1: You boys absolutely not be sure. No, that's a hard No, that's not even funny.
Speaker 2: What else? I don't know.
Speaker 3: A kitchen we need to eat because last time there was a lot of microwave meals.
Speaker 1: Going down and I'm not down for that.
Speaker 2: Oh you you got a cook I want a treadmill.
Speaker 1: Can we get a treadmill in there?
Speaker 3: If we're in for four or five days, We've got them in the office. Remember when we did the running shows. Yeah, I want the treadmill.
Speaker 2: Yeah we can do we can do aerobics elster while we're in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do aerobic cell stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we don't know where we're going to be hiding. So that is we are on your side this year, Melbourne. We'll be telling you what we can see, what we can hear the windows. I don't know if we're gonna be able to see out the windows. Actually, we'll find a way. We will find a way. The game begins when we are told it begins. There will be no warning. We will just pop up somewhere and the search begins. Now there's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars up for grabbing, and the sooner you find us, the more money you will win. We did announce this yesterday and I got a great message from someone called Fee yesterday, Oh morning Fee, that said, Hey, Lozzy, Jace Clinton team, I've got the perfect hiding spot for you. Trust me, no one will find you where. I live in a townhouse heritage golf club in the Yarra Valley. It's secluded, seriously private. There is a spare room ready for you, one room, all eight of us in the one room.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that.
Speaker 1: So it's a stake. You don't feel like you're on a steak case. Now. She sent some pics that looks pretty good to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, the problem there is that it's a house and we're not allowed to hide in the house. We won't behind the hospital.
Speaker 3: Now. The problem there is is that I just told everyone where it was, and fee if you know, you could tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Sound.
Speaker 3: So we won't be in a house, we won't be in a hospital, and we won't be in a school.
Speaker 2: You need to do, you produces, but not us.
Speaker 1: Do you know where we're going to be?
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing, there is a very select few people who genuinely do know. At this stage. I think there is maybe three people who do know. No, and one of those people I don't even know their names. That's how under it this is. There's a lot of money underline. Well, it's just the people who fifty g it's just the people they can trust at this early stage.
Speaker 2: I'm not trustworthy.
Speaker 1: No, neither.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely not trustworthy because last year I kept threatening to tell people where we were if they didn't.
Speaker 1: I think one night we said, if we don't get pizza delivered, we needed to be bailed out of there.
Speaker 3: If we don't get pizza delivered, I'm you know? And now it's what suburb we're in? What would you do if you want a quarter of a mill?
Speaker 1: Who'd you do it?
Speaker 2: What? What wouldn't I do? We're going on a holiday. We're going to mich aenos. That's where we're going. Everyone's coming as well.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we will have just been locked up together.
Speaker 2: Just us, just us.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm stay tuned for that because it will be happening soon.
Speaker 3: That's all I know. We will disappear soon. Is that why jasus off going?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: Book, he's carrying on too much. Jason Lawren's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Haide and Seek. He's coming to Noble thanks to underworks. But coming up next Lozzi. Jordan Lewis, triple premiership star from the Hawthorn Footy Club, also played a bit of footy with the D's. He's coming up. We're going to talk footy on No. One hundred Jordan Lewis of a premiership.
Speaker 1: I know, good morning.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I loved the.
Speaker 2: Apologize two thousand and eight that I forgot about. Don't ever because I get two thousand and I always forget. I always remember the three peak because they just won again and again and again. I always forget about that. That was a fan base's favorite.
Speaker 1: So you came in. Before you came in, Clint said, triple premiership player.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have corrected and said I should have just let it go.
Speaker 3: It's just actually got four, four premierships and four kids.
Speaker 2: You up to sea.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's it was nice to come in here and get out of the morning rush.
Speaker 1: I bet did you have his kids when you were saying football?
Speaker 2: Hold on, I've had three. I had Fretty two thousand.
Speaker 11: Well we had Freddie at twenty fifteen, and the twins two thousand and seventeen. Oh my god, and then our fourth came in twenty twenty. So you had three while you playing, you really have to think about the fourth one's birthday and what you were born.
Speaker 2: Oh god, So out of the eight, the kids and the premierships, what do you love? Which one do you love most? Oh? The quieter ones. I don't talk to.
Speaker 3: Your premiership medals hidden somewhere?
Speaker 1: Are you one of those people hasn't been a.
Speaker 11: Big displayed No, no, no, they're collecting dust.
Speaker 1: Yeah in a do you do with them when you've got that?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 11: It's just it's like all your jewelry. You can't wear it all at once.
Speaker 1: Yes, I walk around like a real house Beverly Hills if I had a choice.
Speaker 11: No, they're hidden away, hidden away. I mean, no one really wants to see those.
Speaker 2: Do they do though, wayship, I'd be winning it all day every day.
Speaker 1: Surely you've had people over in your house, were like.
Speaker 11: There may have been a few occasions when I've been in a little bit red wines.
Speaker 2: Have a few red wines out of the belt and the way you go.
Speaker 1: A few metals out around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not about me, no, but just hey, speaking about red wines. You love a drop of red, I do. What's your collection like these days? Well, it's it's building.
Speaker 11: I think once you get to the stage, you know where you sort of it's half an obsession and you end up you just end up collecting more than you can consume.
Speaker 2: I've still I've still sort of gone from.
Speaker 11: My playing days. I never really drink midweek. It's sort of, you know, have a glass of red on a Saturday or a Sunday. So I tend to accumulate wine during the week and not and consume not too much over the weekends. But yeah, it's handy, I've got it. I've actually got a wine cellar out of Pentridge Prison.
Speaker 1: I've heard about this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they've converted the old Remand Center into wine cellars.
Speaker 3: It's quite amazing. Out there, that whole facility. There's a cinema, there's a hotel, there's everything.
Speaker 11: There's a restaurant. Yeah yeah, you wouldn't recognize it. But to walk into you know, you know the old said, it's quite striking. First and foremost to see sort of the guards, you know, where they used to station themselves, and then to have a wine seller in there is is pretty unique.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, let's talk footy.
Speaker 3: What the hell's going on with the Hawks?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: Three in a row, but they've they've been against top four sides, which I which I think is is always tough to go back to back to back. Then they're certainly not playing their absolute best football. They've got another tough task this Thursday night against the Dogs, so it doesn't it doesn't end up then I think they've got Adelaide after that.
Speaker 2: So will hear me out? Is this weekend? The game? Is it? Sort of season defining is a bit cliche, but it's important, no doubt. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think whenever you play sides around you, so if you look at sort of the you know, the Brisbane Adelaide game, you know they they can effectively put a gap on the on the on the teams around them, so that that that game is huge the Thursday night, so a six day turnaround for Hawthorne against the Dogs is huge as well. So any I think there's there's two sides having a break this weekend. So we've got eight games, so it's going to be it's going to be a really good weekend of football.
Speaker 2: Your d's need to bounce back.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also your d's, aren't they. Do you say, do you say your yours?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? It's probably seventy thirty yeah, seventy hawk thirty days. Yeah, yeah, it's better.
Speaker 1: Does that.
Speaker 2: Certainly?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Certainly not?
Speaker 11: It is My boys are fifty to fifty so too, Hawthorne to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Really it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Between the same team or have they got one to know they want.
Speaker 11: To go separate? Yeah, they want they want something to sort of differ the two. My wife's and Melbourne supporter. My wife's family's Melbourne supporters.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Yeah, so that was the reason why I want to Melbourne supporter.
Speaker 1: That just doesn't surprise. I love your onfe.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so it's fifty to fifty, but I've still got good mates to play Melbourne and I you all love Johnny Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great man. You look after you in the day.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, he finally got his ankle fixed.
Speaker 2: People just quickly on the DS. How do you straighten them up? Because they just can't kick goals. I said last night in the news. Their accuracy in front of goal, all shots on goal forty they're converting the worst.
Speaker 11: In the competition by my eighteenth and they're also eighteenth in terms of giving up easy shots for the opposition, so that they're bad in both ends. But it wasn't there wasn't too many excuses in Alice Springs.
Speaker 2: I've played there. It's a beautiful spot.
Speaker 1: It looks gorgeous, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 11: But to kick one goal twelve in the second half, that's that's that's the reason why you lose those games.
Speaker 3: And what about my following Richmond and well the last quarter.
Speaker 1: I know, yes, no, the best player went off and.
Speaker 2: Then you've got a great five year period so you can rebuilding.
Speaker 1: Period tells me we're rebuilding.
Speaker 2: Good is that word rebuilding?
Speaker 3: It's sort of like you're allowed to lose then, yes, but they did well it time did well on the.
Speaker 11: Weekend that's that's I think that's a frustrating thing when you're a young side. You're not expected to when you get in a winning position and you let up a thirty one point lead.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so yeah, that's like Lego for by the way, we've been playing Lego this morning. Have you been watching Lego Masters? You've got four boys?
Speaker 1: Yes, they would.
Speaker 2: Need them. We've got plenty. Not like that sort of stuff. I need the stuff that you can build. Oh yeah, hey, instruction King's birthday. That's a big day for Foxing. You got the call up from Neil.
Speaker 11: No, we do We do on the couch Monday night, so we can't do a game. And then I know my in terms of my celebrity's and high enough to down. But they do an all time premiership. They do an amazing job. Amazing job the amand guys with Beck and Neil so come up.
Speaker 1: So they're just dropping the names of the sliders this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark Taylor's going down there.
Speaker 1: Who's Mark Taylor?
Speaker 2: Who's marked?
Speaker 12: Joking?
Speaker 11: Tubby Tubby Taylor? Oh the cricket player, Australian Test captain, captain Lauren.
Speaker 1: My cricket knowledge.
Speaker 5: It was not Jordan low.
Speaker 11: It was in the sort of the nineties and yeah, only two thousands, just like premierships, so forget about that after a while.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jordy, great to see him, good stuff, Thank you. With thanks to KO Live Saturday forty This round, every round, no ad breaks in play, get on board with KO Sports, will tech your runderwork and news coming up a grande on Nov. One hundred with Jason Lyen with thanks to Selle Ready Express.
Speaker 1: Was he hey, you know Robin Thick?
Speaker 2: Yes, there he is, Robin. You know your want who?
Speaker 1: You know? You want me?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Robin figure it's a banger. Finally got married after a seven year engagement. His engagement went so long? But they've been together ten.
Speaker 2: Right, did he blur the lines.
Speaker 1: Robin Thick and April love Gary his wife?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now sorry, So they've been here for ten years. They got engaged in twenty eighteen. He reproposed, it had been so long, he reproposed this year.
Speaker 2: Is that another ring job?
Speaker 1: Yes, she got another ring.
Speaker 3: She got another ring, reproposed and got another ring. Seven years later, she's got a new ring. They've already got three kids, and they've finally decided to type.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: Well, that's lovely for engaged, save Trump.
Speaker 1: For the rest of us.
Speaker 2: April diamonds, jeez, I mean she would have been getting itchy feate. Seven years is a long time.
Speaker 3: A seven year rich and a seven year each. I reckon, we might not get married for seven years.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to ask you about so how long has it been since the encouragement? Two years?
Speaker 5: It has been two years, I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 3: Producer Jason's off today, sir, if you've just tuned in, he's off sick.
Speaker 5: According to my notes, I think it's about two.
Speaker 1: I think we've been together for five.
Speaker 2: You're Here's the thing. Was missus Thick? Was she in April? April?
Speaker 1: April Thick?
Speaker 2: Is her name? Oh? You want to keep your maiden name, would't you? I don't want to be I wouldn't like to think so missus Thick to be.
Speaker 3: Missus Thick, now to engagement, three kids, and now she's missus Thick.
Speaker 2: But was she like? Was she? Was she ready for it? Was she agitating? She couldn't wait to become missus Thick? So do you I feel like I don't feel like you're I mean, I don't know you're not thick. You're thin, missus. I don't think you're Are you ready missus?
Speaker 6: Lean?
Speaker 2: Lauren Lien.
Speaker 1: Lauren? Maybe from my third husband. I'll go husband hunting just based on the surname I'm going to be.
Speaker 2: But Lauren.
Speaker 3: After ten years, three kids, two engagements, the first one seven years ago, it was time to get It was time to become missus stick. Okay, So I want to know Melbourne, I'm thirteen, twenty four ten. How long have you been waiting to get married? Have you been engaged for fifteen years? Have you been together for twenty and they've just never dropped a knee?
Speaker 1: How long has it been? How long is too long?
Speaker 3: And also if I got a new ring every seven years, Oh if I'm already too oh wait another five to get another ring, I'm the same person.
Speaker 2: And because the boss is away or he likes to think he's the boss, I'm calling to Topic Tuesday? Do you have have you married into? Have you married a bloke with a shocking surname? But what is it past? Approaching eight o'clock here on No. One hundred with Jas and Lauren? You know what we're indulging ourselves with two Topic Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jase's off sick today, so Clinton and I've thrown the rules out.
Speaker 1: It is two topic Tuesday.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Robin Thick who has married his beautiful wife April after being together for ten years. Engaged for seven but the engagement went so long he actually reproposed another ring.
Speaker 1: Seven years later and she got a second ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now they're married and she would have got another ring again, good honor.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the way to do it right.
Speaker 3: So the two topics are on thirteen, twenty fourteen. How long have you waited to get married? Are they just refusing to drop an hee? Has it been ten years? Twenty years? Maybe you've been engaged for twenty years and you just haven't tied the knot?
Speaker 1: Or Clint? What's the second topic?
Speaker 2: Have you got a strange surname due to your husband?
Speaker 1: Did you marry La?
Speaker 2: Robin Thick and missus Thick.
Speaker 1: I'd prefer to be missus Thin.
Speaker 2: Angela in Hillside, Welcome to two Topic Tuesday. Angela, you want to talk long engagements. How long you've been engaged or someone you know?
Speaker 10: Maybe no, we've been engaged for eight years, together for seventeen Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, so it took him eleven years to propose. Were you chomping at the bit for that ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I dropped lots of him.
Speaker 6: Steven sent different rings to him that I was wanting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not good at taking it. Well, they're actually just good at ignore folks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it's the I mean, let's sometimes the girl that doesn't want to get married.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified every time they've been down to ty shoes to nil in Bulleen.
Speaker 3: Welcome to two topic Tuesday. Did you marry into a family that has given you a shock change name?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a shocker.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So the surname is Reuter r e U T E R. But when we go out for dinner, they say, mister route, your table is ready now.
Speaker 1: So when you make a booking, do you go rogue and go with your maiden name?
Speaker 10: I actually, to be honest, did not change my name. I kept my maiden name yet, Neil Ruter. And I've got two boys and so it's going to be carried on.
Speaker 2: Are oh shame?
Speaker 3: Katherine and so leonards, good morning. How long have you been engaged for I've.
Speaker 6: Been together twenty years and engaged for fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh is there a wedding in the works.
Speaker 10: Not at the moment, just kind of gets in the way.
Speaker 2: Does that bother you though?
Speaker 6: No, not really, Like at the beginning, it was just because we couldn't agree. He wanted to get rid of the church.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: And then you know, four kids later, you know what, it just hasn't happened.
Speaker 1: Well, you're as good as married anyway, but fartly.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think a lot of weddings don't go ahead because people can't agree. Like someone wants a big wedding, someone wants a small wedding. So I wants to get married in a church. Someone want to get married on the beach. And you know what else also blows up wedding plans. In laws, Oh, families don't get along. People don't get along with their parents, parents, parents are separated.
Speaker 1: I love my own lass. I hit the jackpot. Yeah, you have this round.
Speaker 2: So does that mean we're going big or small wedding?
Speaker 1: We can't agree?
Speaker 2: Okay, to finish thisself. On Thirday twenty four to ten, Sophia in Mornington, Sophia, please tell me you've got a bad surname.
Speaker 9: I do clin hi Lauren Hi, clin him. I'm engayed and my middle name is Lee. Yes, and my husband to be's last name is Lee, So I will be severe Lily so.
Speaker 1: Fairly lily feeling. That's quite cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sophie Lee some Yeah she was. Wasn't she on property back in the day?
Speaker 2: I think she was cartoons? Wasn't she Sophie Lee? Yeah? Like on What's Up?
Speaker 1: Castle? As well?
Speaker 2: Maybe she was.
Speaker 3: In the castle that married Eric Banner so well. I mean a lot of people don't change their same because what are you going to do? O'Brien is fine. I can take O'Brien and I will not be selling names.
Speaker 2: What like a radio name and then a married name. Two names. It's hard to keep up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hard. I don't know. I don't know if we'll ever get married. It's a lot of work. Jason's off today. It's just Clinton I and we are keen to give away some cash. Clinton.
Speaker 3: We've given over thirty five thousand dollars away so far.
Speaker 1: Is here. Yeah, we can't stop giving.
Speaker 2: Away, and that's changed so many lives as well, just the people you speak to, happy tears. It's so nice giving away the money. I feel like we should give away more me too.
Speaker 1: Let's try and do it. Jason isn't here. There's no one to say no.
Speaker 2: Do not give away any.
Speaker 1: Fun police here. Give away the cash, Norm money away the cash.
Speaker 3: We're about to play five thousand dollars question thanks to our friends at Almo Elmo Circus Dream.
Speaker 1: At Corefield Racecourse under the heated Big Top.
Speaker 3: From June twenty seventh, book a tickermaster dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Let's play this morning with Betty from Point Cook. Betty, it's your time to shine for five thousand dollars. Oh, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 1: You're on the way to work this morning? If I am, what do you do with yourself?
Speaker 6: I'm going to work in an icy Do you know what.
Speaker 1: We're talking about?
Speaker 2: That? Weren't we? Because I mean, so, what is it when you can't see far away? Is that short sighted? Betty?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my issue? What's your issue?
Speaker 1: You just I'm like mid.
Speaker 3: Rate a fews okay when the paper's close and I'm okay things in the distance. But when I'm trying to watch, like read subtitles on a television, I'm like, what's that?
Speaker 2: You get? Those?
Speaker 1: Just age? Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Betty, let's see if we can win use some cash this morning. I believe you want to play for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, Betty, you are going to hear a question, and the rules are very simple. After the question, you're here a three two one countdown. You need to answer within that time. If you are correct, the cash is yours. If you don't know, have a guess.
Speaker 1: You're ready, ready, All right, here we go, Betty, for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Which mountain range separates Europe and Asia? Three two one? I don't know, I don't know, don't know.
Speaker 1: It's the Ural Mountain. So these mountains hand on heart. I've never heard of the Ural Mountain.
Speaker 2: I've heard of them, but I didn't know that's where they were.
Speaker 1: That was a hard one.
Speaker 3: Across western Russia from the Arctic Ocean to the Ural River, forming a natural boundary between the Europe, between European Russia and Siberia.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Siberia.
Speaker 3: Very cold in Siberia, I don't say, like you did not know that? Tell me more about the Ural mountains.
Speaker 2: They're very, very tall and long. I don't know, Betty. Sorry, we can't help you out.
Speaker 1: No more cash to give away today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh sad boo Hey coming up on the show, we want to get Melbourne involved. We want to find out our youngest and our oldest listener. We'll tell you why after Lady Gaga, How bad do you want me? Lady Gaga and over one hundred. Good morning Melbourne, Jason Lauren for your Tuesday morning. Tops of fourteen degrees today, Lo was.
Speaker 3: He bit chilly out there this morning? Jason stayed in bed smart. I don't blame him. He hasn't been well all week, so he's taking much breast.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's got a hot water bottle.
Speaker 1: Tucked his poor wife, Luke? Can you imagine the carry on?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Why is it when you guys get sick, you just get so much sicker than we do.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I had my flu shot the other day and I felt a bit ordinary, but I didn't want to admit it because I thought, you know, it's a bit.
Speaker 1: No one likes a winter.
Speaker 2: No one likes a winter. But I do have a hot water bottle.
Speaker 3: Hot water bottle, Yeah, use a hot water it's an electric blanket.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that's a danger zone.
Speaker 2: What the mix. You can mix it.
Speaker 1: No you can't, Yeah, you can't. Absolutely, water goes on the electricity.
Speaker 2: It's got a plug in the in the hot water bottle, so does sleep out. It's not gonna pop.
Speaker 1: I think that's dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just concerned producer juice.
Speaker 5: I absolutely love a hot water bottle. You and you're not supposed to fill them out of the freshly boiled cattle.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: I that the only way to do it.
Speaker 5: But you don't want it's super dangerous warm water.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Because can melt the robber. Robber, the robber and I know the have had a hot water bottle. The rubber has melted and or it has just leaked and it's scowling water. Yeah, real bad.
Speaker 1: Don't we all use heat bags these days?
Speaker 2: Have they got lavender in them?
Speaker 1: You can get one?
Speaker 3: You would have eleven flo don't over there because you are like an old lady.
Speaker 2: Well maybe an old man like Dick van Dyke. Happy day, Dick van Dyke. He's about to turn.
Speaker 1: One hundred in December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it's his one hundredth year. Okay, let's just.
Speaker 1: Say have we gone early? On the cello.
Speaker 2: Well, he's opened up on the curse that comes with living so long, many people are describing as a heartbreaking admission ahead of his one hundredth people.
Speaker 1: Dick van Dyke is from Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: He is, he is, He's a star of Mary Poppins.
Speaker 5: Beuse that was afraid just peak?
Speaker 4: Well, I went just a lad.
Speaker 5: We father gave me now a tweet man. But then one day I learned it the same we ain't and know you.
Speaker 2: That survived the test of time as has Dick. That's enough crazy.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say he's the I would say Julian Andrews is the star of Harry Poppins.
Speaker 1: No, she's She's a bigger part.
Speaker 2: What about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? You I've never seen it?
Speaker 1: What's it about produced? Have you seen Chitty Bang?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I've seen it back in the day. It's the classic movie about the car.
Speaker 2: What's the car do?
Speaker 5: It's a flying bed bed bed flies.
Speaker 1: Sick flies on a bed.
Speaker 5: Flying Dick, you know it is a car.
Speaker 2: You're right, car, It's not a bed.
Speaker 1: There is a movie about a flying bed.
Speaker 2: Bed nobs and broomsticks where they rub the end of the bed like the little knob on top and that flies.
Speaker 1: We had knobs and brooms.
Speaker 2: I've never Dick Ain flying in Gittygity bang bang the car.
Speaker 1: But the car flies, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a magical flying car.
Speaker 1: What's the one with the magical flying dog?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's never ending story.
Speaker 1: Stark wasn't in that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just the dog.
Speaker 1: So he's a hundred.
Speaker 2: He's yet in December. Okay, so it's god of thinking. On thirteen twenty four to ten, beautiful people of Melbourne, where you want to open the phone lines and find our oldest listener.
Speaker 1: My dad listens.
Speaker 3: He's actually he's we recently likes sleeping and he listens back to it later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but he's seventy thy something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My parents are in their seventies and they listen.
Speaker 1: They listen. No, I don't think my mum listens. My dad listens.
Speaker 2: Now they watch on the instagrams.
Speaker 3: Oh the highlights, the highlights, low lights, whatever you want to call it. Thirteen twenty four ten, Melbourne, How old are you?
Speaker 12: You are?
Speaker 1: Oldest listener?
Speaker 2: Five sauce over one hundred, just gone eight thirty. Jason Lauren Jason's off Crooked today. So you've got Lozzi and myself Clint stand away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got the Clinty and Lozzy show. We're like each and Scratchy Yeah, each Scratchy. That was the Simpsons. Yeah, yeah, I loved that was the cartoon at the cartoon character.
Speaker 2: We're talking Dick van Dyke this morning. Why you ask because it's his centenary year. He's turning one hundred. It's actually quite heartbreaking because he says he admits that in turning one hundred, one of the downsides outside of you know, longevity, which we should celebrate, is he's lost all his friends.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sad.
Speaker 2: So what he says, Yes, poor guy.
Speaker 1: My great grandmother passed away when she was one hundred and three.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And we used to go and visit her in the retirement village home she lived in and I go, hi, Gran, HOWI and she go these people.
Speaker 2: Are so old?
Speaker 1: Oh and she was older than the twenty years yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow yeah, yeah, gez that's good jeans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well yeah, I don't know if I'm going to make it that long.
Speaker 2: So on thirteen twenty four to ten, Melbourne, we're asking you, are you our oldest listener let's kinkick kick things off this morning with Joe from Sint Kilda. Hey, Joe, Hi, now is it you? How old are you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm old.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Joe, No, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Sixty six and two months.
Speaker 1: No, that's not old. I mean what is old these days? Nothing's old anymore. Sixty six.
Speaker 6: I kicked up by an ambulance driver once. I'm talking about the olderly lady in the front seat, and it was like, are you serious?
Speaker 1: How old were you at that time?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 1: How very rude? No, sixties young and sixties the new fifty It is sixties, like middle eight.
Speaker 2: I mean if it was a hip, I would say year old.
Speaker 1: But if it was what.
Speaker 2: If she was being picked up by the mbo because she hurt a hip?
Speaker 1: Well I don't I did my hip.
Speaker 3: I'm like an old woman. David from Monturna South, Good morning.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 10: Sixty six and six months?
Speaker 1: Oh you beat Joe by three months?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Only six? Do you feel old though? Sixty six is not old?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Are you still working, David?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was sitting in my truck at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, on his truck.
Speaker 1: You're going to work for a long time.
Speaker 10: Probably for as long as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, working young? Well, yeah, it depends what your job is. But a lot of people say that. I was talking to a police officer the other day actually, and in Queensland you have to retire from the police force at sixty as soon as you turn sixty.
Speaker 1: That's so young though, I'm not far off it, I know. Is that wild?
Speaker 3: It's not in the Victorian police, but it's crazy sixties young Denise, good morning?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: There are you older than six? And it's very rude to ask someone how old they are.
Speaker 7: No, I'm celebradon because I'm seventy this year.
Speaker 1: Get it coin have you turned seventy yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: October? Are you gonna have a knee up?
Speaker 7: I sad?
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 7: Ripper of a party planned. We're all going to dress up in it's a music scene.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: You can be an artist, story genre.
Speaker 1: Okay and going Beyonce? Oh no, who are you dressing up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I know my all time hot You know, Paul pass is John bon Jovi. Everyone who knows me just would not think of me as being anybody.
Speaker 3: You're going as John bon Djove you to your seventieth.
Speaker 1: But do you know what anyone else is wearing?
Speaker 7: Well, a lot of people are keeping things close to their chests. I know there's going to be a Judas Staram who you probably have never had.
Speaker 2: Seekers.
Speaker 1: Yeah here, I know I know that.
Speaker 2: Oh do it?
Speaker 7: I think? How from that? Noo?
Speaker 1: Tell me good on your Denise, have a great seventieth.
Speaker 3: This bono here all right? You know what I mean? Seventy is still young to these days. But the olds go off at parties.
Speaker 2: Lauren, We've got a crusty one on the line.
Speaker 1: I know who this is going to be. Is my dad?
Speaker 8: Morning Robert, Good morning everybody, Lauren. I thank god you're going into hearty because wouldn't want to come home.
Speaker 3: This is my dad Melbourne. Bobby Phillips. Now, Dad, how come you're out of bed at this time? I thought you were sleeping in these days.
Speaker 8: I had to do my washing. I do my washing every Tuesday. Is it Wednesday or Thursdayay's washing day?
Speaker 2: How old are you? Bobby? Can I ask?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 8: I can't remember. Actually, I do know that when the kids like my birthday cake, they have the fight bragget at the front of the candle.
Speaker 1: Dad's in his seventy but you're We don't need to play higher or lower. But are you older than our last caller? She was just seventy.
Speaker 8: I got Bobby Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's about seventy plus.
Speaker 3: Gst Hang on the line, right, Dad, you're a numbers guy.
Speaker 8: I haven't got mad because.
Speaker 2: Bringing all the gags this morning. God, jump on your petty farling down to the shops.
Speaker 1: Go back to bed, Dad, go and stay warm.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we have a winner? Let's uh, let's check in with D from South Yarra D. Good morning, Oh, good morning?
Speaker 12: Is that cleant?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 1: And you've got Lauren here too, But I have a feeling you want to talk to Hi Lauren.
Speaker 12: I listened to you guys most mornings when I'm making my plunge.
Speaker 2: Your coffee in.
Speaker 12: My little little bowdom.
Speaker 2: Oh no, D.
Speaker 3: It is very very rude to ask how old someone, especially I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't mind, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Say okay, date, give us the dates.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, first of all, let's say, if we can do the maths, what year were you born?
Speaker 12: I was born zero seven, zero eight nineteen.
Speaker 1: Forty nineteen and forty so that's eighteen eighty four. Eighty four, yd, you are a queen.
Speaker 12: Yes, I just had to calling because I was I was listening and people were saying they're old at sixty six, and I thought, oh my god.
Speaker 1: No that's not But you sound young at heart.
Speaker 12: D oh, Well, I think I am. We're all young at heart.
Speaker 3: So for the people who are sixty and they think that they're all what advice would you have for them?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: I just think sixty, as you said before, is the new fifty and get out there and walk and enjoy life.
Speaker 1: You know what that means? Day eighty four is the new seventy fources.
Speaker 2: What's the d what's you sound so Sassin? I love it? What's what's the key to longevity?
Speaker 4: D oh, I.
Speaker 12: Don't know that long VI. I think it's just enjoying life. We have lots of ups and downs. I have grandchildren and I walk every day each will today. I'm an ex nurse or what anse flight attendant?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I could imagine you as a flight attendant. Do you like a glass of charpagne every now and then?
Speaker 12: D oh?
Speaker 1: I love my alcohol, So you can have a few drinks and still have a long break.
Speaker 10: Life of course you have to have a drink.
Speaker 12: That's what laves all about. My parents were Margarets and we grew up with wine, made their own wine.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful, Hey D, what's your beverage of choice? Not for breakfast but with dinner or lunch?
Speaker 12: I would look I really like a glass. Don't like.
Speaker 2: You? Say you're saying you're a flight attendant? Yeah I was. Who did you fly with the right brothers or.
Speaker 1: Clin d D give him a serf, say how rude?
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 2: You're a beautiful into ages?
Speaker 12: No, no, not ever go into ages.
Speaker 1: Never never ever.
Speaker 12: Now we still we still have a brain and we're still active.
Speaker 1: Yes, get it, queen?
Speaker 2: Can we give D something? I think something on your price chet a.
Speaker 3: Bottle of shard and we should we should meet up for chardenay one day day?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Down at South.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or do you like the South Yaro Cellars? D?
Speaker 12: I live about a couple of sweets from there. Do you know Chris there?
Speaker 1: I know Chris very well from the South Yar.
Speaker 12: I'm going to tell him today.
Speaker 1: Are you going down there on a Tuesday? Are you off to the South Yarrow Cellars on a Tuesday?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: I walk every day, so I go past it.
Speaker 3: Well, say to Christ for me and tell him book a table for the two of us, will have a chardony one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, we love you. D please please call whenever you like.
Speaker 12: I love your show. It's one hundred, one hundred out of one hundred times.
Speaker 1: Oh do you like Dick Vanes?
Speaker 12: I hope very quickly.
Speaker 3: We're hoping he has a few days off to be honesty pleasing, quite nice.
Speaker 1: Jace isn't here this morning. It is just Clinton and I. We went Rogan chose that song and there is nothing he would.
Speaker 2: Hate and we love that. Oh it's been a whild ride.
Speaker 1: It's been a whild rd.
Speaker 2: We made it.
Speaker 1: The kids have case of the card this morning.
Speaker 2: See Clinton and I.
Speaker 1: We spoke to our oldest listener. What about her?
Speaker 2: She was divine? D was her name? What was she? Eighty four years of age?
Speaker 1: Eighty four?
Speaker 3: She was making her coffee with the bedroom and she's probably still listening, and I think we should get her in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we should have a tea with d well, Yeah, she gets the tea from the with She'd know all the boss around Melbourne and.
Speaker 2: She loves that glass.
Speaker 1: On a Tuesday, she.
Speaker 2: Was sensational, just fabulous common sense approach to life as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, live large and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: I think an old old shouldn't that old an air hosty you know all the go she would she know all the all the secrets.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we must get d on the show, Melbourne. Thank you so much for joining us this morning. Stay warm and stay dry. It's going to be the top of fourteen but wet and wild out there today, so stay cozy.
Speaker 2: Spot. If you spot Jase Hawkins out eating ice cream because he often does that when he's sick, he.
Speaker 3: Told us he had gas and you got busted eating Chinese food and ice cream, please let us know if you see him in the world today.
Speaker 1: Rest uppy boy. We hope you feel better and hopefully we'll have you back tomorrow. That is all from us. Stay tuned and we will see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye En.
Speaker 5: Wake up feeling good. I'm on the socials
Speaker 3: MHM.