Speaker 1: Very few people have had a better twenty twenty four than our next guest, exploding onto.
Speaker 2: The charts with two massive instant bangans.
Speaker 1: No working love me. It's she said, Hi, nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Please, welcome to the.
Speaker 3: Show, Miles Smith.
Speaker 1: I was welcome to Australia.
Speaker 3: Welcome. He has this been somewhere you've always wanted to visit?
Speaker 1: Honestly, it really has. It's it's a long flight.
Speaker 3: But where did you fly from to get hit?
Speaker 1: We flew so we were in Washington, DC, so seven hours to San Francisco, seventeen hours to hear it's. Yeah, how do you go?
Speaker 2: It worth it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, yeah, no, it is worth it.
Speaker 2: But on the plane, I was like, this is not worth it, Lauren, Lauren won't sit next to me.
Speaker 3: What as long as I'm not next to Jason.
Speaker 2: I struggle on two hour flight to Brisbane. Mate, I'm like, sedate me, cable timing, watch movies, have.
Speaker 3: A wine heaven. Anyway, welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 1: So you hit the beach as soon as you got it, immediately immediately. It was brilliant, man. I mean, I'm not seeing sound like that in a while. So just to get down there with the boys, and have a beer. It was a nice you know what. I just googled nearest beach and cycled down there, so I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Tell you Melbourne's not really known for its beaches. We're sort of like Sydney is like the glamorous city beaches. Our beaches aren't that good. But you've come at a great time because we've got beautiful weather. You hear, right, at the perfect time to be in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: If it's not known for his beaches, then what we've got back overs? Even so, I promise you, yeah, this is this is like luxury to me.
Speaker 2: You're worried about the sharks.
Speaker 1: You're going to go for a script and even though there was sharks, but it's none out there, don't do that. It's a big great white.
Speaker 3: Here. I saw her at the time, one hundred most influential night. How is that? What? What a thrill? How was it still scheering and all ease?
Speaker 2: I still think there was a mistake, but I took it. Is your hit spinning mate? What a couple of years you've had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nuts. You know. That was a wild night. You know, I was like watching Serena Williams and some own Biles bob their head to stargaz and all the Avengers singing along. It was it was pretty nuts, to be honest, and it just felt really good that, you know, after a few years of hard work, to be recognized this earlier in my career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Is that the biggest kick for a music artists when not necessarily cleibs, but just even a live show, when you're watching people sing your lyrics?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what for me, I've I've been playing live since I was like eleven years old in old pubs and old clubs and stuff. And you know, to go from one guy sinking a bit like a guinness looking at me in the eye like shut up, to now interrupt, Yeah you're interrupted the football to now having thousands of people literally on every part of the globes singing along is the biggest buzz of all.
Speaker 3: It must be amazing.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Who are the performers that you're most in? Bye Bye? Was this someone that you watched and you were like, I want to leave that lie? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ed Ed's a big one of them. Labyrinth was another huge one, you know, Adele, I love so many different different artists and different performers, and Green Day was was the first time. Green Day was the thing that gave me the spot to really they were I think they.
Speaker 2: Just got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I'll be going and hugging that stuff. Parati, you're on the floor hugging that. It'll be like God, things are going alright.
Speaker 3: Do you get a lot of downtime between your shows or is your schedule just jamming?
Speaker 1: Is jammed? Is jammed? You know, the last two days I've had off, which has been amazing. It's probably been the first two days off in about six months, and it's just been really nice to just get out and see the city and chill of the boys. But also, like you know, I did a nine to five before this. You know what, Here we get business management consultancy looking at medium to large enterprises, strategic and organizational development.
Speaker 2: Very different, very boring, not at all look like you believed when you said the job to. Honestly, I don't know. I did it for so long I could swear there's so many comedians that used to be like accountants stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is, like, you know, when you do that and you're giving him reports at like two am and you're working mad hours. You realize like it's such a privilege and blessed us to do what I do. And then I always think about like doctors, nurses, care work. It's like they're doing more hours than me, and they don't get a thousands people singing their names. So for me, it's like I always got to remind myself like I'm working just as hard as everyone else, and not to think that it's any different than that.
Speaker 3: Is there anything you're missing from home though, or anything you're craving while you're on the road.
Speaker 1: That you're like Nando's, But I could see out your window there'd.
Speaker 3: We actually have a free's account.
Speaker 2: We've got a free cheap account Nando's. We never pay stock.
Speaker 3: Would you like us to take I can take out.
Speaker 2: To Nando's if you want chickens. Don't lie to me now, I kid you not, And they just keep topping up the account. The great thing is Nando's license.
Speaker 3: You can have a beer around chicks Mans is what you're missing from home. The Portuguese chicken taste the same, though, you know, like when you go to a McDonald's overseas, these chicken nuggets.
Speaker 1: He's here. Good.
Speaker 3: I've not had yet, makis. Is that what you called.
Speaker 2: You with the accent?
Speaker 3: How's your Australian lingo going?
Speaker 1: Absolutely terrible? Yeah, I wouldn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: You're going to try and get a schedule footy game a year?
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to. Yeah, absolutely, going to try to. It seems like a bit mental. There's so much going on and the picture isn't even like a proper like it's just it's a circle which I can't wrap my head around. Where's the top of the bottom.
Speaker 3: And people think Australians are mad because of padding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks absolutely It looks like we playing football after a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are professionals. Some of them look like they're playing after a few beers as well.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I just quickly you did a pop up in fed square out oh on the weekend?
Speaker 3: Did you just decide to do that out of the blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For me, I'm on the other side of the world and there was hundreds of people messaging me saying I couldn't get tickets and I felt terrible. So I thought, you know, it's different from being in London or wherever I am more often, but I'm here so I might as well meet as many people as I can.
Speaker 3: And then were you worried that, yeah, not many people are going to turn up or were you worry the crowd was going to be to be?
Speaker 1: No, even if ten people showed up, they're ten people that really care about the music. And it's not like I'm here all the time. So yeah, for me, it's wherever I'm playing to one person or a thousand people. The fact that people turn up to listen to my music still gets me every single time.
Speaker 3: It's so good. You're absolutely killing it. Congratulations you're playing again in Melbourne tonight. The Melbourne crowds have been good to you.
Speaker 1: Oh gorgeous. They're amazing, aren't they.
Speaker 3: We love you here in Australia, so please come back again soon.
Speaker 1: I will better looking crowds here and us no comment.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are welcome anytime, such a good attitude. Congratulations on all the success and you are killing it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: We must go. I've got to go to Nando's Nandos.
Speaker 1: The footy