Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First nations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Welcome to close friends everyone.
Speaker 3: I've got a secret to share.
Speaker 2: Hung a secret. Can you keep.
Speaker 3: Watch that?
Speaker 2: You know? I gave up on it. I gave up.
Speaker 3: I've never watched that or Vampire Diaries.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't watched Vampire Diaries either, but apparently it's great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to A J's brother's girlfriend on the weekend. She was trying to convince me I need to watch it. I was like, even at this age, She's like yeah. I was like, old, Okay, anyway, I'm on the list. I'll put on the to do list, a list that doesn't exist now. Tuesday's episode, you were telling us that today you're giving us a High Scrollers exclusive. There is an announcement coming this Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you're finding out here first.
Speaker 1: If you didn't listen to the end of this week's main show, you're gonna have no idea what we're talking about. And also secondly, if you didn't listen all the way through Root.
Speaker 2: Which by the way, we have the data on that, and everyone listens all the way through. I think we've figured that out that everyone listens all the way through all that episodes, which is almost unheard of in podcasts. Like we really have to give a shout out to the scrollers because we have like Nova has given us the data and to lift the curtain a little bit. We have the most dedicated listeners out of like any podcast ever, not even just Nova, Like this is unheard of in the podcast world. It is are you serious? It is like the fact that we have people first of all listen the whole way through and most of the time non stop as well, like people don't kind of like stop our poke, Like I know, people sit in the car and will wait if there's seven minutes left, they won't just listen to the seven.
Speaker 3: I love you for it.
Speaker 2: And also we have the most like consistent listeners Like a lot of podcasts. You know, you might get so many thousand this week, and next week it'll be half that, and the week after you might have a viral go yeah, you might have a viral video on TikTok, so a lot more people jump on like we just have like the same amount and growing, you know, really consistently and really well. Like that is unheard of in the podcast space. So we have some dedicated fucking scrollers and we absolutely love you.
Speaker 1: So and for that, I'm going to give you some exclusive tea. It's obviously for everyone that's interested in Fate, which I hope would be most of you if I'm.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the men's line.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you're a scroller, you must also be a We don't have a word for Fate customers.
Speaker 3: Fters I don't have it. I don't have a word for it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, okay, So, as we discussed on Tuesday, I'm very excited because we're doing this big giveaway for our seventh birthday this month, and seven lucky winners are winning a brand trip with Fate and we're going to treat them like royalty and influencers, fully paid fornyway. So in my mind, I thought only seven people are going to win this, and thousands of people have entered. Therefore I immediately feel guilty, and obviously I can't give a holiday to every person I would be bankrupt.
Speaker 3: Lack tuperware or tuperware. I feel like that's one MLM that I kind of like what the problem is.
Speaker 2: Though, If you make a product that's too good, people don't have to RepA.
Speaker 1: They come out with so many other products. But those tubs last five decade.
Speaker 2: Like our top aware lasts a lifetime. Well that's amazing for me as a customer, but unfortunately I have no need to buy another one.
Speaker 1: You lose the lids and then you got to buy more. Yeah, make the lid easy to lose. Anyway, So everyone knows about our giveaway, everyone knows when the dates are, Like, we've put that in the fine print. So the influencer Did I just say influencer giveaway? I don't fucking know what I'm saying anyway, For our Lucky seven giveaway for Fate, the trip is happening on October thirtieth, thirty first and November first, so it's over three days. Yeah, it just so happens to fall on Halloween. We didn't tee that up. But also fuck Halloween, as we all know. So the winners that come with us will be with us on the Wednesday, the Thursday, and the Friday and then they go home on the Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Or whatever their flight is. Now, we've organized.
Speaker 1: All sorts of things for the winners and we've like clued some of it on social media, like fancy dinners, breakfast spreads. We're doing private shopping at our Fate Newcastle store. We're shutting the store for the morning and the VIP shoppers are having this whole store to themselves. We're giving them money to spend in the store. We're doing pilates, things, lunches, and then we've got a glam session happening, like a hair and makeup session on the Thursday, like just after lunch. They're getting their hair and makeup done for something. And then so I've thought, let's just fucking add something else into the mix and go all out. So we are throwing a party on the Thursday night of the trip, which obviously the seven winners are going to come along to, but then we want to invite as many other people as we can as well, and so we're doing a huge event kind of just like to celebrate the giveaway and also Fate's birthday, and we're going absolutely all out and it's going to be a ticketed event. We've got a stunning, stunning venue. I'm talking people hire this out for their fucking weddings, and let me tell you, it hasn't been cheap. We're going all out and we're throwing a huge event which I haven't even given it a name yet, but I think I'll just go with a Date with Fate because I feel like that just yeah, We're doing a Date with Fate night and it's just one huge community event. Again, no influencers. I mean, if influencers want to come, they can, and we're going to be launching tickets for it, and it's just like one huge fun event like bar Canna pays media walls. We've got someone coming to do like live art, florals. We're doing giveaways, everyone gets a goodie bag. It's like an influencer event, but for our community. And that's happening on the Thursday. It's on fucking Halloween night of all nights, but it's not a Halloween party. And the venue is absolutely stunning, and there's like three whole different areas and like live entertainment, blah blah blah prizes. Everyone gets a goodie bag, everyone gets something that no, wait, I shouldn't say that, because I want it to be a surprised on the night.
Speaker 2: Take that out, okay, because that's cams.
Speaker 1: Everyone gets big y yeah like that, and it's just gonna be one massive fun night because why the fuck not, Like we were doing this trim, We're like, fuck it, let's include more people. So we're going to be releasing tickets to that after we have announced the seven winners, so probably the day after will be announcing that and releasing the tickets. So if you don't win the giveaway, which I'm so sorry if you don't, Like I already feel bad at how many people have entered and are dying to calm, Like, I feel so terrible, but fucking put thirty first of October in your calendar, and if you are not in Newcastle, takes manual leave and make a weekend of it, because call up your besties. You're coming too Newcastle and you're coming to a date with fate event and she's going to be so epic and fun. We want people to make new friends, make connections, like our community is so awesome, So I'm just so excited that we're going to bring like I think we're doing like one hundred and forty tickets, so it's going to be like quite a decent size event and it's just going to be a big fun night. So even though a lot of people won't be able to win the giveaway there's only seven, we're still going to have a night of celebration kind of thing. And it's obviously exciting for everyone in Newcastle and the Central Coast. But even if you're not from Nuie and you want to go on a little getaway, there's going to be an opportunity there. Which I'm not expecting anyone to book fucking flights and everything, but knowing our community, people probably will and then you could go to fat and out do and make a little trip of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that is really exciting. It's going to be so fun. Matt. You're more than welcome to come, but it is far for you to go.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to come, but I well, I was like, first of all, you know, you're like, it's not an influencer thing, so if you like, don't get me to come there.
Speaker 3: I told Kate and she said she'll come to Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Kate, but do you need me to do anything like happy to EMC, happy.
Speaker 3: To see if you wanted to do like some sort of stand up. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I do stand up, but like if you're doing the I don't know if you already planned to MC everything anyway, but like I'm like, I'm happy to help out obviously for free as well, Like I'm not going to charge you.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll have to talk after the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll do a camp little brainstorm session. But I also know, like fates your things, So if you don't want my hands.
Speaker 1: On you, but then I know it's like far no, then Kate's coming too, so you can like pick her up halfway.
Speaker 2: I will definitely come.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thirty first, which is Halloween.
Speaker 2: I'll be there in a severe address. Fucking oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be fun, Like we have fun at Fate, but I'm like, this is just real fun, you know, and getting the community involved and why not. We have just the nicest community and we do like VIP shopping nights and stuff where we get to meet our community. But I think this is just going to be even more special, like having one hundred and something people there.
Speaker 3: So that's my surprise, get ready for it.
Speaker 2: And even though it is one hundred and forty people, I feel it's that's still quite intimate, like it's still an experience.
Speaker 3: It could be more, but we kind of kept it with like maximum one hundred and fifty. I don't know, you reckon, you reckon? I should do more?
Speaker 2: What about as? Oh god, now we'll talk afterwards. I've got so many ideas, but we'll chat afterwards. But because we don't want to give too many things away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be more. That's just kind of what we put it at. And we've been working out goodie bags and everything nice. I don't want to have five hundred goodie bags.
Speaker 2: But if you do, it's my job to hand those out on department.
Speaker 1: Well, they know they don't get the goodie bag when they enter. There's like a different part of the night where they get given the goody bag.
Speaker 2: It's all like Horned House for Halloween. Yeah, Fate themed into each different room, immersive experience, three.
Speaker 1: Different rooms at different times, different activities.
Speaker 3: In each one.
Speaker 2: Would it be a media wall, there's two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got the Fate media wall.
Speaker 1: Got a photographer coming, just going around getting happy snaps of everyone.
Speaker 2: Look I am. I'm like beaming. I'm like, this is so exciting for you. Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my special surprise. You heard it here first, because literally i'n't even told the girls at work that I was going to do this. I've ruined the surprise. But it's only for the people that listen to close friends.
Speaker 2: Really, even the girls that worked to know God.
Speaker 3: Only just told this now, like off the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. I think it's so funny that when you announce the competition for seven years of Fate, you did like a little throwback of your journey through videos. And I remember seeing the video and there's like the first shot of the video is like you sitting on your lounge in that apartment in or that townhouse in Qatar, yeah, which was we had so many memories at And I just see you sitting there full glam.
Speaker 1: I know that was twenty seventeen, literally when it was like full wing lineup glam.
Speaker 2: Splashes, sitting on the on the lounge with your blonde hair and your extensions and your fake tan and your eyeliner and your eyelashes and your lips done and all the red not done as in botox, like velvet teddy lipstick on. Like I'm just like, oh my gosh, the way that you've changed.
Speaker 3: And I say in that clip, oh, this is a really exciting day for me.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't know how this is going to go that we all see.
Speaker 3: This massive party for our community.
Speaker 2: And I remember like the first like when you released Fate. I still remember coming over to that Katara townhouse that you were living in, which was so stunning. I was was so jealous of.
Speaker 3: It because it was just three stories, fucked that.
Speaker 2: I know, it took us so long to get upstairs and something. It's good if we remember we'd be on the middle level, which was like the lounge room, and then the bottom level was like the garage, and then the top level, the third level was like the bedrooms, and that's where we'd like get ready, and we would be on the middle level and we would be like, we cannot be bothered walking upstairs to get ready. Let's just like not film a video today.
Speaker 3: The privilege could be bothered.
Speaker 2: But I still remember, like.
Speaker 3: So many skits in that house too. That's where the tits click.
Speaker 1: H Tanya Hennessy was filmed so many skits when we did the maths skits.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was in that house.
Speaker 2: Oh, the cotton on girl scanning a new rewards member, you want tote bags?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many memories.
Speaker 2: But like the memory of first of all, being in your office and you're showing me like this, Remember the book of like fabric samples from like way back whenever, and even like when Staples Swim came about and things like that, And then remember the black tubs in your garage next to the.
Speaker 3: Car, next to the photography, back.
Speaker 2: To the photography. I don't even remember. I don't I don't know at this point the memory that I've got in my mind, I don't even remember the photography backdrop. I just remember like literally like ten dresses, like yeah, it's nothing anything, I know. And you were like, yeah, this is what I'm going to do. And I'm like, well, best of life. I hope this goes well for you.
Speaker 3: My laundry and then shed.
Speaker 2: You didn't have you didn't have the photo roll and stuff because remember originally we just take the photos on that second level and you had like those bifold Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did lifestyle, no, but I had it. It was just on two tripods with a paper roll. Yeah, right, it's there, but it was probably rolled up so you probably didn't notice it right next to the packing table with the printer on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I remember trying to work out the printer as well, trying to set that up doing the test.
Speaker 1: Did you ever pack any orders for me? You did it the next at the warehouse you did a shift one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, when the wear was next to the Newcastle Store. The first warehouse you had, No.
Speaker 3: That was our second warehouse. You came to the first warehouse.
Speaker 2: It was the first warehouse in.
Speaker 3: The industrial area and it was a tiny shed you came one time.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Yeah, oh yes, no, I do remember. Yeah, but remember then when the Newcastle store was originally that was the Fatigue one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was the second warehouse in space, so it was one before that, only for like nine months.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I do remember when the coffee van came, didn't they little coffee van?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh that was that random little industrial area that was so random. I remember. I remember like getting you know, Brittany was like come and see the warehouse and I don't know what I expected, but it was not this hole in the wall, just hot box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a shed like people would get it to store their boat in, like one of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so random.
Speaker 3: I just looked back at all that and think, how did I do all that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And by yourself as well, I mean with AJ and the you started.
Speaker 3: To get like, yeah, oh god, what a journey it's been.
Speaker 2: And here we are, Yeah sentimental. You're got to make a speech at your seventh third time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course, I'll do a speech, and then we'll do like some like raffle things and lucky door prizes and stuff. And they was thinking maybe just like get the Lucky seven winners up on the stage and do the be cheer for them because they're like on the trip and they've won it, and.
Speaker 3: Do a little speech for them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I like just had a crazy idea. We'll talk about that afterwards. Okay, I've got so many ideas. I've got so many ideas.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can tell me more things because we've already booked heaps of things in but fuck it, what's the budget? AJ, who cares just keeps getting bigger and bigger obsessed.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. That is a special announcement for our scrollers, and don't.
Speaker 1: Post it anywhere on the internet. Don't post it in our faith society. This is just for scrollers. What stays in close, what happens in close friends stays in close friends.
Speaker 3: So do not post about this on social.
Speaker 1: Media exactly right, because someone will go to our fath Society.
Speaker 3: Group now day. Did you hear the part of what Brittany said. Don't. I will decline your posts anyway. See you next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Thanks for listening. To see you next Tuesday.