Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into its very very special guest in the studio right now is Matt hal Matt, slow to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hazy, thanks for having me and Jody as well. This is a fantastic lovely to be here, great to be back in Adelaide. Yes, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Good to have you. And we're so pumped that festival. We are the festival state. We're back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it is going crazy, but I don't know, this past weekend has been insane all across the.
Speaker 3: I just want you to hold my hands.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I'll hold your hand. That's fine. We met on a weather cross last year and then you know, it's been best friends ever since.
Speaker 3: So I just feel it feels nice.
Speaker 2: It feels nice, feels nice. And we will have to explain that we have already done a little bit with Jody already.
Speaker 1: Just behind the scenes, so this isn't the first time. So he took Jody out for a few minutes just to get her on in the right headspace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because but can you stroke my hand? Yeah? Absolutely, Yeah, It's an unusual kind of request in a radio interfe I will say, and all the time I've been doing this, it's good okay, so I love it. Yes, So traditionally what we do we.
Speaker 3: Can hold my hand to push a button. So yeah, but Andrew hold my hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you've got a spare hands. That's fine, so and stroke it. So yeah, off hour. I just make sure Jody, you know, had this kind of nice ability to be able to switch off. Now I think we can already see you.
Speaker 3: I tried to say this to you. What is that like my brain is so active that any opportunity to relax, I.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, you take it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: You take it.
Speaker 3: Feels good like I could actually fall asleep on the microphone.
Speaker 1: I just like, I just like how Matt said, Hey, by the way, I just need to prep Jody before we get into this thing. And he took her out there and then gave her about ten shots of vodka.
Speaker 2: Oh, the secrets out, the secrets out.
Speaker 3: Then you stopped holding my hand.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Sorry, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm so sorry about that. Yeah. So look, I mean, you know, obviously, so Joe is in a very good place to be able to to you know, we could, in fact, I mean, she seems so relaxed. Now, shall I relax her back under completely. Do you want me to do that? Yeah? Yeah, okay, so I do. Yeah, Jody, found a nice place for you to rest your head, because Jody, you can sleep now onto that microphone. Nice and relax there. Relax there, Jody, fantastic. Don't worry. I will adjust that mic for you just a moment. Got that microphone. Yea, So here's here's the thing. My friends are here. You're doing so well. So Jody, here's the thing. In just a moment, I'll say one, two, eyes open twice as deep. You'll be able to open your eyes go twice and deep, and then me and Hazel start have a little bit of a chat. Here's the thing, he is, though, You're going to start doing some very bizarre warm up vocal exercises for the interview. It's going to be quite loud and disruptive. While with myself and Hazer trying to chat, You'll be doing some very loud warm up vocal exercise and very loud, bizarre ones, very disrupted, very loud. Not you have to you understand space Here you go one, two and eyes over. Let's just put that microphone seems a bit strange there, So great to great to be in the studio with you here, Hazy, and it's lovely to have Jody here. Yeah, that's fine, Jody. And so Jody checking my levels.
Speaker 3: I'm checking my level checking my le producer has.
Speaker 2: Done that already. We we did that. So yeah, it's a pleasure to even back in the studio at over. Is this normal? Pretty much your daily routine?
Speaker 1: But how are you mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fantastic. Trying to trying to zen out, just trying to zen out a little bit. Yeah, I was. I was told, Yeah, how's that? How's that voice coming along?
Speaker 1: There's like you really stretched?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it ready? Is it ready for wee wee?
Speaker 3: Doing a wee?
Speaker 1: Don't one of the rules?
Speaker 3: Yes? I think the last time I did that, you said, don't do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not gonna in our.
Speaker 1: Top ten rules.
Speaker 2: Remember that incident, don't we Yeah? Okay, so I got a lot here. Here we go, Jody, sleep now all the way down, loose, slimp, comfortable and relaxed. I think we saved the microphone that time. That's fine. Always safe on that seat, never tipping, slip norfo. We'll always safe on that seat, Joey. And here's the thing. Obviously, we're a big buzz, bigger, big buzz around media at the moment. Of course we're coming into Oscar season, so many amazing movies, so many amazing movies, and of course we have our star movie reviewer. Jody obviously comes from a great pedigree of movie reviewing, however, particularly harsh. He's known for being a particularly harsh reviewer. So, Jody, in a moment, when I say one two Eyes, we'll go through a few of the Oscar Best Picture nominations just to get your thoughts on them, where you seen them or not. But I'll tell you what, You're going to be so harsh. You're gonna hate every single one of those movies. There is nothing good about them, nothing but the acting, the scenery, the c g I, the special effect. Nothing in those movies you think is worthy of an Oscar nomination, particularly harsh. Not how you understand you go and one two eyes open. Wow, thank you so much. It's great to be in on your movie section. I love I mean, I'm a big fan of the movies and I hate movies. Have you been reviewing them for a number of years, Like how boring, But you do it for a job. How's that? How can that be boring?
Speaker 3: Why do these people bother dedicating their lives and the only reason they want to do it is because they want to be famous?
Speaker 2: Is that right? And they just want to get on the screen.
Speaker 3: I want to get on the screen.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I mean, I mean they want free Yes, that is that is very true.
Speaker 3: I hate people like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, Well the thing is, though, I mean, I know you're I mean, I know you're a bit jaded about your time in the movie industry, but of course I know how excited you can give it.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that being your only job is waking up every day and I'm going to watch a movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know.
Speaker 3: You watch your movie and then we're going to give it four stars? Where is the gratification in that?
Speaker 2: But what about oscars? Sees the buzz, the buzz of the Oscars. No, the buzz of the oscars. I've got a few of the big the best pick.
Speaker 3: Don't you reckon? Like? Can you imagine if that's your life? Like it would be as batal as you being a sports reporter. It was like getting up every day and going I watched it.
Speaker 1: Go with football, you get some truth out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into it because I need to find out, like an expert reviewers view on these nominations, because there's some big pictures out there. And of course, I mean, tell me one avatar can't believe avatars back over the years, what a movie?
Speaker 3: So I've not even ever watched an Avatar And then all I know about Avatar is it makes him really horny. It makes you so.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that it makes me that.
Speaker 3: It makes you so, that is, it makes you horny. Avatar makes you horny, you know it.
Speaker 1: I think at one stage I said that those big blue beasts were quite athletic, and no, I remember saying that it made me horny.
Speaker 3: No, I feel sorry for Kara, you know why, because you're turned on by a blue person.
Speaker 2: Let's get back inconclusive. Yeah, I want to focus on the movies and not on the horn.
Speaker 3: But I want to go back to that because imagine having relations with Andrew Hayes and then like you're shutting your eyes thinking about blue people.
Speaker 2: That is now he comes to mention it. You do make a very good point. Yeah, but lord Kara, but but Jody, please focus because one of the biggest biopics of the Elvis. The Elvis Movie. I hated it.
Speaker 3: You hate that, I swear to god, Matt Hale. I watched it for eight minutes on the plane and then I was like, I can't sleep on planes, but it put me to sleep literally, And then I was like, on the way home, I thought, I'll try Elvis again. I'll try him again.
Speaker 2: Got past eight minutes, No.
Speaker 3: Seven and a half, and then I like tapped out what an absolute book movie that is. And also the guy who won it, didn't he win Best Actor?
Speaker 2: He's one best actor? He was horrible.
Speaker 3: He was so bad and he put on his fake accent and I was like, and then and then you know what else happened? Hazy? Then Tom Hanks he got nominated for Raspberry and I was like, damn straight he should he was terrible.
Speaker 2: What was it? Just gave him a Raspberry for it? That was all they did. Okay, look, okay, okay, we know what you don't like. But this one I think we can all agree on is possibly the because so far it's but this one, I mean, of course again again great to see another movie come back in a new exciting way. Top Gun, top Gun, Jody, top Gun. Come on, we can all agree on that one. Top Gun, Top Gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't even see the first one, so why would I bother the scorers with the second one?
Speaker 2: It's kind of your job to do that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I just it's almost like it's a movie that was good seven hundred years ago and we're going to reinvent it, and then is it gonna be good for the second time around? And why didn't they get Kelly McGinnis. Isn't it Kelly mcgilliss.
Speaker 2: That's true, but I mean obviously, yeah, Kelly.
Speaker 3: Kelly mcgilliless McGinnis. Okay, why didn't they get her to do it the second time around? Is it because she's like fifty nols so she's too old for that? Well?
Speaker 2: Tom Cruise is, but that's.
Speaker 3: What I mean about the misogyny of the whole situation. Tom Cruise is, okay, but Kelly mcginner.
Speaker 2: This is not Kelly mcginna guinness. I reckon we should get Kelly McGinn guinness in it. So yeah, I'll tell you what. Sleep now, way down, loose, slim, comfortable, and relaxed, feeling absolutely wonderful in every way. Now, this is going to be very exciting, because, Jody, when I get your eyes open just a moment, we've discovered that you have got your very own fringe show. It is the most to you, it's the most exciting fringe show ever. It's a complete spectacular. And it's called One Woman watching a potato. Now that sounds boring to the rest of us, but to you, it's the most exciting, the most thrilling fringe show ever, One woman watching a potato. You're going to talk us through it. Let us know exactly how exciting that fringe show of yours is. A What a great opportunity, I mean, amazing. So here we go, one two eyes, I'm going twice. They've sit up there, Jody, fantastic, now star a TV star and now star a fringe How good you've got your own show this year?
Speaker 3: My goodness, you cannot begin to understand how good my friend show is going to be.
Speaker 2: One woman watching a potato sounds kind of boring.
Speaker 3: Not boring. Have you met a potato? Have you seen a potatoe? I'm sorry, Matt, don't disparage my show. Just because you think it's about a vegetable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, how about can you I mean to me, just sitting around watching a potato doesn't.
Speaker 3: How versatile of potatoes. You can do anything with them. You can mash them, you can make chips.
Speaker 2: You can, Yes, you can.
Speaker 3: Make chips out of them, can't You can?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 3: Yet, you can do a million. You can bake them. And then when you bake them, you can put stuff on the top, and you can put colesaw, and you can put bacon and onion and betrout because you cannot beat a root and pineapple. You can do anything with your potato that you want. And are you gonna come and see me?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come and see you do all these things happen on stage? I mean, you know, the title just lends itself to you.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you what's going to happen with that gives everything away?
Speaker 2: Can you maybe give us a little a little spoiler about the grand finale? Because I know it's quite it's quite incredible people. People have been buzzing about it.
Speaker 3: It's fine. What happens at the end, Well, I put it in a microwave and I bake it for far too long and the potato explode.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. Actually, you know what, there's been a lot of producers kind of like, you know, talking about your show and I've heard what have you heard?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, not only that it's good. They want to take it to a wider audience. They want to take it to the arena. They want one woman watching a potato the arena experience.
Speaker 3: Well, it's about down time, as Lozzo says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but but what are you going to do to make it more like more engaging in an arena setting?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, the top, I'm gonna put Sarah cream on top, and that is what the crowds are going to come and see. This is absolutely amazing. He's still going to well, I don't eat baked potatoes. I love chips potatoes.
Speaker 3: Let him why my show?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know. It's I mean, I know how hard you've worked on this show. It's been a lot of effort. Will come just to support you. I won't pay for a ticket, but I'll come to support I'll tell you what, Jody, just make sure you're safe standing there, but sleep now you can you can o good well, Jody. We are just about to wrap this up. But before I do, I'll say one two, eyes open twice. When I do, you be able to sit up, open your eyes go twice and they And here's the thing is, anytime any of us in this studio mentioned the word nover, it will get funnier and funnier to you that each time we mentioned the word nover, it will make you laugh more and more. You might even slot to snort, you may even just slop laugh crazily. Each time you mention the word nover, it'll be I'm more and more joyful for you. You'll laugh more and more and more and more. We just want to make you feel fantastic, not your head, if you understand there, Jody, fantastic, good good. So here we go one, two, I'm going twice. Well, thank you everybody today. It's been a pleasure popping into Nova again. Which is it's great. It's great to see you in your new Nova home. It's lovely, it's just beautiful. It's a really fun show to be part. Fun and in the times I come to Nova, every time I come to Nova, it's just such it's such a great experience. I mean, the team here at Nova absolutely amazing. In fact, everyone from the Nova receptionists, everyone through the NOV producers, salespeople, the no re presenters, even the way the Nova logo funny because.
Speaker 3: Me stupid head off.
Speaker 4: See that's the funny thing, because the joke's on them. I can't even stow.
Speaker 2: Let's switch. I'll give you as I like that.
Speaker 4: I can do this job.
Speaker 2: Laugh like I love loosely. Come to relax. So nice and relax now, Jody nice and blacks, nice and blacks nice and black. Oh my goodness. Well, I'll tell you what. We will bring you back to the studio properly. So in the moment I say one, two eyes twice, every will be back to normal, feeling absolutely amazing. Get ready for this. I'll give you a nice count out. You're gonna feel fantastic. So one, just become much more aware of your surroundings and the normality of everything around you again, to start to sit up straight or stand up straight that you can stand up there. Three I want you to still feel as good and you found this morning that call kind of pervade the rest of your week into the weekend amazing. Four a nice breath in and out. I know you're feeling awaken off rush now and five come completely fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yes, that snappy.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Oh that was insane. What do you do? We'll go we'll go to the we'll go to the video at some point. What did you do? What did you do? It's not what you did?
Speaker 3: What did I do? Embarrassing?
Speaker 2: Was not at all. No, No, it made you feel good. It made us feel good, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: So well, I know I'm supposed to do some sort of rappy uppy then, but I'm not feeling up to it. Tell us about your show and do some sort of credit line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, officially, Yeah, I'll do my own credit like, yeah, I get so. I'm just read that.
Speaker 3: That's what they said to read. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I've got hypnotist Matt Hale performing his eighties spectacular nightly at Glass Andy at six forty pm. Tickets through fringeticks dot Com to you. Yeah, it's an eighties theme hypnosis spectacular this year.
Speaker 4: My god, crazy good?
Speaker 2: Thanks crazy? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I'm obviously hypnosis doesn't really work on you anyway, So that's fine, So can you's not kind of you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that you've said that I'm out of it, but I don't feel out of it.
Speaker 2: No worry, off air, We'll give you a nice little countback. Thank you, But it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean I can lie down, because i'd be happy about that.
Speaker 2: What if you want? All right?
Speaker 3: Thanks Matte, thanks for coming in, Thanks Matte, Bye. What just happened by that