Speaker 1: Hi everyone, It's Meland Monty. This is our podcast called Joe and.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday.
Speaker 1: I haven't finished Bullstop.
Speaker 2: You're like the end of like when Hey Hates Saturday had a musical guest fade out, the tape would fade out at.
Speaker 1: The end, would it. I do not remember that at all. Always remember just saying I used to remember when I was a kid, if I was at home watching Hay Hat Saturday, just being so flat because I wasn't at a sleepover. I was obsessed with sleepovers when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I know. But Jesus nostalgia in that family watching the old family watching.
Speaker 1: And what was the other thing we used to watch? Hidden camera, Candid camera, candid Camera.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the like the galleries around that show were like if they had to, like once they sort of duped the person that they'd have to say, listen, you have to sign this waiver.
Speaker 1: Oh be waivers.
Speaker 2: How many people would have been I'm not signing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Howard am annoying? Set up to do it as well, I would have been astronomical.
Speaker 2: And then Ashton Kutcher resurrected it with Punk.
Speaker 1: Punk, and then Milsey did an Australian version. Did he Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Milsey. Yeah, funny. Ozzie is just a not good talent at all though, do you know what I mean? Like it's like any American you could shove a microphone in front of their mouth and it's like they're a professionally trained, like media trained person where and Ossie just so cannot speak?
Speaker 2: I reckon. It's also we're just always copying the American shows. There's so many good ideas for shows you could do, but we just keep like trying to make something they do our and never one like that.
Speaker 1: Is cringer on number like things like that. No, no, you know what else was the best?
Speaker 2: This is another takeoff of American one. But funniest home videos that was funny?
Speaker 1: Was so good, wasn't it? Who goes to that? Tony Perron?
Speaker 2: Oh, there were a few. There was Joe Beth, Joe Beth, Joe Taylor, Yes, Jackie McDonald rip I think she recently passed on it.
Speaker 1: Was she on he Hate Saturdays? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, she played like the ditsy sort of yes.
Speaker 1: You can't say that down far out so on, isn't it?
Speaker 2: How are the roles that women played in those shows like even you think of Anne Marie on Agro's Cartoon Connection and stuff, the women always played dickheads like this role that you had to be. That's not very funny.
Speaker 1: It is so full on. It's thank god times are changing. And Sam Payne has a Tonight show coming out which I cannot wait for that, No way, Yes, so it's like a Tonight Show with Jay Leno kind of show.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that'll be interesting. It's naturally funny.
Speaker 1: I love him so much. He's got the biggest boner for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what it is he's got like he's got riz.
Speaker 1: Oh haven't heard that word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, you have charisma like swagger, Yeah, he's got that. Also, this is I know this was like a big last week thing, but I was thinking about how difficult it would be to be a comedian. I am not at all condoning what Marty she Gold said, right, not condoning it at all. Yeah, but I do think as a comedian it would be so fucking hard, oh to know the line of what to say. That he might not have even agreed with what he was saying. He might have just been saying it because he was trying to be fucking funny.
Speaker 1: Completely agree, and I know Marty and I fucking love Marty. To me, he's one of the most brilliant broadcasters. And yeah, I've never been starstruck except when I met Marty Shear Golden fee Feebox when they were doing Shebang because I was such a radio nerd and Sam was producing them pulled me into the studio. I was like, oh my god, it is comedy, and I completely agree what he said was fucked up and he should have lost his job. Like the consequence is huge. This is a man with kids and his career is being a comedian in radio, and that's all taken away from him now. Like I know, he's still a comedian, but he's so now fucking canceled. And then they're pulling just bits out of context, like I don't even believe endometriosis is real. It's like as if he actually thinks that, yeah, I know, of course he doesn't. And it's but you have like Dave Chappelle who says, I know you know all this stuff and he can get away with it. Yet then then Marty's being canceled. The just not even being as offensive as Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: I think the difference is, though, if you're going to watch Dave Chappelle, you're making a choice to go in and search Netflix and watch a comedy.
Speaker 1: Listening to a radio show though.
Speaker 2: It is, but you might listen to him all the time. You might have Marty on in the car all the time, and then this just come, this comes on. But I think he wasn't. I don't think he I don't think he agreed with what he said.
Speaker 1: I think he was just don't think so either. He was trying to make His job is to try and make us laugh, and he was just trying. And he has always been for shock value, like he always has pushed the boundaries.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't I think that we get into really rocky shit territory when we start canceling comedians. Yeah, the big total cancelation. I know that is their stick for a lot of them, and it is if they sometimes weren't offensive, they wouldn't be funny, like boundaries being pushed until it pushes outs a little too much and then we'll cancel you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I totally agree. And also I was thinking too, like remember that remember that big one that happened with the nurse when Kate Middleton had the baby, and it was a radio show.
Speaker 1: It was you.
Speaker 2: Remember that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget who they their names, but yeah, they called up the pretending to be somebody to talk to the nurse who and she ended up ending her life though, Yeah, but it also fucking ended those hosts pretty much their lives as well.
Speaker 2: Right, it was a prank, which especially at that time, it was gold like little Guido hatss and all that stuff, like, it was just that was the thing. And I'm like, okay that there was should have been a conversation around it. But for that nurse to have ended her life because of that, there was more going on for her than just that prank. So to then put that on those radio hosts who that's.
Speaker 1: Really difficult young hosts as well, Like, but that, to be honest, as a radio host, that is something we would have done. So that could have easily been me calling up trying to get through to the hospital or to get through to Kate Middleton, like as a radio idea, that is fucking gold, it is. And so then for that to go pair shape when it was such an innocent just trying to have fun with our audience is so what ended up happening is clearly so hideous. But then for it to be put onto those hosts, yeah, I know it was. It was pre full long because that easily it could have been me, and as if I'd have the intentions of harming anyone I know.
Speaker 2: And then and then it opens the door to what does that mean? Like does that mean that an employer can't have a conversation with you if you know, like your work isn't up to par, because then well, what if that upsets them? Or what if that, you know, is the final straw for them or whatever. That's hard because then you can't have conversations anymore at all about anything that might ruffle someone's feathers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's an interesting time at the moment, you know, like there's so many who was I talking to? Was it even you? We were talking about male teachers and just what they they're thinking and how far ahead they've got to think. And I don't think it's a bad thing for us to overcorrect ourselves, like it's better to overcorrect than under correct, But in terms of they've constantly got to be thinking, the door has to be open. I have to have someone present when I'm talking to a student, like all of those things. It's just so full on. But then you go, well, like if it saves one kid, you know. But at the same time, it just seems like that in every single area where it's just becoming so extreme that there's just such little freedom and everyone's scared to do anything or say anything. Like I even conscious of what I'm saying now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I know, because chances are we'll get some blowback and people will say, oh, well, you know, you should be not feminist wording, and yeah, it's not about that. It's like almost with comedy. I don't mean everything, but most things are fair game. And the people that are extremely offended by that comment are potentially people who would laugh at something that would be extremely offensive to somebody somebody else.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. And just pulling things Martya said completely out of context. They sound hideous, you know, but it's like, listen to the whole break or know him as a performer and that's his thing. Okay, moving on. I read an article where research is that University of Michigan have completed a list of foods based on their effect on longevity. So foods that take years off your life if you can consume and they which is to me, is such a waste of time these researchers doing shit like this, like go and figure out how to QR something. But now I will talk about foods that you eat and how many minutes it takes off your life, just to freak you all the fuck out.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm not going to want to hear this. Well, I'm going to tell you, Okay, poor eating habits. Yep, oh same.
Speaker 1: And as I'm reading this, I'm like, my kids have got about seven minutes to live, all right. Eating a hot dog costs a person thirty six minutes of healthy life. Yeah, coke, that's and Fanta and things like that. Twelve minutes. Bacon is six minutes, and I'm like, is that one rush of bacon? Like how big is it?
Speaker 2: The baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, a double cheeseburger is under nine minutes, And I went, oh, that's not that bad.
Speaker 2: So nine minutes.
Speaker 1: Chicken wings three minutes thirty seconds? Again, how many chicken wings is that?
Speaker 2: And how is that? How are those chicken wings prepared?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What if they're like not in honey, soy or deep fried. What if they're just scrilled in the oven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a bland no salt, no, I fucking imagine that boiled.
Speaker 1: Boiled chicken is a home. When I was in hospital recently, I got a boiled piece of salmon and a boiled piece of chicken. Piffed at the lady that bought it in.
Speaker 2: That's another business idea on your massive scale hospital patering. Hospital catering, you should be like eating good food, but it should taste good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's a whole Oh totally. It's so it's almost criminal the food that they serve you. It is so hesy, disgusting anyway, So the good news is you can add minutes back to your life with healthier foods. So a banana can give you back thirteen point five minutes.
Speaker 2: They maybe five minutes banana.
Speaker 1: A banana, So you can have a can of Fanta and then which is twelve minutes, and then have a banana which is thirteen point five and you've just gained one point five minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that is the theory of It's not about like even when people talk about healthy eating or whatever, it's more about adding good things in rather than having to deprive yourself of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, I'm doing THEO died at the moment. Have I mentioned that I was doing it and then I stopped it? But there's there's a link shown that it can really help migraines. My God diet and also somebody who's had, you know, eating issues in the past. I'm having to be extremely careful and work with the dietitian on it because I'm like, I need to throw everything that I can at trying to get rid of my chronic migraines. But Jesus, I just want a block of chocolate or something like that. Bread bread. To be honest, I'm not finding bread that hard. I never used to eat that much bread anyway. But yeah, a nice crunchy salad roll would be epic.
Speaker 2: A salad roll.
Speaker 1: A ham salad roll, Yeah yeah, yum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be careful with that because you can see it could be the minute slippery slope.
Speaker 1: Yes, But to be honest, it's kind of it also because I can't I'm so kind of limited with what I can eat. It also takes off the thinking of what I'm going to eat, what I'm going to prepare. Oh have I probably just eaten so much shit today where sometimes I would feel lucky about that, like it has almost taken away some of the chattery in my mind.
Speaker 2: To be honest, how many diets do you reckon you've done in your time?
Speaker 1: I so vividly remember that was what the slippery slope was for me, was starting dieting. When I was around twenty is when I started dieting, and it was like not good at all.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the cabbage soup diet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did that and it was like everyone had it typed out like a photo copy of that one original thing. I still remember it. That was horrendous. Fuck at the end. At the end of that week.
Speaker 1: Stick to anything. I think I did a day of it, made the biggest batch of it, lasted about the day or probably took three o'clock, and then I was like, nah, I cannot do this. I did the Atkins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Atkins was like a lot of fright bacon and stuff that too, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Keto is pretty much like that as well, But.
Speaker 2: I think Keto the difference is Keto's probably more putting in healthy fats, so like avocado, Yeah, I should be doing more of that, where yeah.
Speaker 1: But also so many of the I forget who they are called, but like you're Tim Ferris's and those kind of guys who are writing to health and everything, all of them do Keto diet. Yeah. I wanted my mum to do Keto diet because it really helps with information, and so when she was around, I was like, ah, let's do keto, but she never did.
Speaker 2: No. Well, probably my fault that she.
Speaker 1: Died because I didn't force her into the keto.
Speaker 2: Shut up, you're an idiot. Do you know what it is? I think it's just if you're going to go by anything, it's just limit processed food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also gluten and lactose is just not good for us. Like we weren't eating gluten and lactose back when we were out hunting animals.
Speaker 2: I know, but we also didn't have antibiotics then either.
Speaker 1: So you've been deep diving into podcasts as per usual.
Speaker 2: Thank god I listened to last week a podcast episode came out on Call Her Daddy mm hmm with Alex Cooper, and she interviewed Monica Lewinsky, right again, a fucking somebody who just oh my god, how disgusting was that? Speaking of the typical female roles that were just before we were talking about how this woman was just thrown under the bus and left out to die. She's fifty one now, woo. Right, the stuff that she talked about, I'm like, you know how you change when you get older, and the way that you looked at something. You almost feel ashamed of how you viewed something. Right, So the thought of at the time she was twenty two and he was forty nine. Baby, like, my god, the power in balance.
Speaker 1: He was a cool predator, like but a predator.
Speaker 2: But also she never said that she's not accountable for like she had an affair with a married man. Yeap, she was twenty two years old. Yeah, like she knows that, all right, that's not the ideal thing to do. But the problem was she was fucking crucified so publicly. Yes he was impeached or whatever, but he's still he's fine. Totally ruined her life and.
Speaker 1: She put ruined her life.
Speaker 2: She said this thing that made me think, my god, like I can't actually believe she got through it. She said, it's like remember when you're a little kid and say you did something at school that was embarrassing or whatever, and the next day, that feeling of oh god, I don't want to go back to school because you felt embarrassed that people were laughing at you. Imagine that on a scale of the globe world. Yeah, and she was saying how males like you know, talk show hosts and stuff, they ridiculed her, made fun of her whatever, She was a joke, but the women were the ones that hated her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that unbelievable? Which is usually the way as well.
Speaker 2: I'm just like I saw that, and I thought I can see and this is another thing. She said, the undercurrent of what all that, the messaging of what all that sent out to young girls and women in sort of similar situations, and I thought, it's so true. Like, and it still hasn't changed, because we look at Donald Trump. Sexual assault survivors see that and they go, why the fuck would I even bother? Yeah, coming forward when they can still become the president. Yeah, man, and presidents having affairs. I'm sorry, has been happening since the fucking dawn of time. Look at JFK with Marilyn and Worth. Morally it was wrong. But she's like she's talking now and she's like she couldn't get a job. No, she had no anonymity, she couldn't date properly. Everyone knew who she was. And she's like, now I'm fifty one, having kids as naturally is not really a possibility for me. And I'm like, this woman, how fucking it feels like the world owes her an apology?
Speaker 1: I know, totally does like her life, her whole life, so we get one life. Her whole life has just been this defined, totally defined by it. And he's up there lying through his teeth, you know, while she's getting completely crucified. Oh my god, it's so for I even remember as a kid going like thinking, oh, what a fucking bitch.
Speaker 2: And the cum on the dress? Oh my god? What to do she and she said it was like I then they painted me to look like this stalker who was obsessed with him he pursued her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's fuck very angry, but it's a really good listen to.
Speaker 1: Just listen to that one, Yeah, totally yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll put the link in the show notes. Dear. Another podcast I've recently discovered, which I haven't listened to, but I have looked at the Instagram page and my god, it is a nostalgia hit. There is a melrose Place podcast called Still the Place. It is hosted I sent you a clip of something I want to just bring into the conversation. It's hosted by Courtney thorn Smith, who played Alison. He was with Philly, Daphne Zuniga who played Remember Joe, she was like on the motorbike. She was the brunette. She was with Jake yes, right, and Laura Layton who played the Redhead who plays Jane's sister.
Speaker 1: Who ended up getting her head shaved.
Speaker 2: With the No you're thinking of Marsha Cross who was in Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she.
Speaker 2: Was another character, this one played Sydney. I think her name was Sydney.
Speaker 1: She was like vaguely remember this.
Speaker 2: I think she had an affair with her sister's husband. She was like the troublemaker. She married Doug Savant, who played Matt, who was like the token gay character, the blonde guy. Right, anyway, did she marry him in real life? Yes, so they've been married since like, you know, the late nineties. Wow, But they in like in the on the Instagram page, they bring all the show cast back and they talk about stuff that happened. One of the people that they brought back, which is the clip I sent you, was Grant Show. He like such a beautiful man. I want you to watch this clip of him that I've sent you. He is still unbelievably handsome.
Speaker 1: He's just life silver Fox. Now he looks the same, but with grayish hair.
Speaker 2: Do you know how old he is, given that you've just watched that clip, Yeah, he's sixty two years old? Is he really? He is?
Speaker 1: To me?
Speaker 2: He looks almost exactly the same. He's just got a bit of gray hair, maybe a few wrinkles, but almost identical.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's got the swagger too. What do you use for it? Riz? Riz?
Speaker 2: He's got the I mean, I don't actually use it as well, because it's not a proper word.
Speaker 1: I don't even think he's using. But he's amazing. He was so hot and Billy was so hot. But Billy was a.
Speaker 2: Bit dagg Yeah, Billy was like see, he was a good I don't like goofballs like Ross on that shittest show ever. I'm sorry. Everybody friends you normally.
Speaker 1: Sister is so obsessed with friends. She does friends puzzles. She has it on constantly in the backyard, like they're her friends.
Speaker 2: I hate that show. I that is the most overrated Corn just I hate that show. I got a real equi it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tell you know. It was playing in the hospital when I was in labor with Odie. When I was in my room and my contraction started. Friends was on and Sam's like, fuck, this is a bit grim Friends and were.
Speaker 2: You pushing going.
Speaker 1: Headline?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Ross from Friends? That character, Oh it's not attractive at all, silky wingey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like he's not helping you if somebody breaks in, there's no way. Ross is like gonna get a bat and beat somebody that's walked is broken into your house.
Speaker 2: Ross is too busy complaining about everything, which would now I look at it, probably because.
Speaker 1: It's a mirrors. All right, We're getting out of here everyone. Thank you so much for listening to our patrons. Thank you for your support. If you want to get an extra podcast every couple of weeks, head to patreon dot com forwards like chantale online, who is a rating? Chare this with your friends? And thank you which actually do like now love yous