Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show. We are going to do around? Is it just for me? These are This is the part of the show where we talk all the time, you and I Jack, and if there's anything bothering us, we are each other's first port of call in terms of a soundboard correct generally, problem solved. You can solve all of mine. I can solve all of yours. But there are some that we have to take to you. Yes, the beautiful listeners of the Chrissy Swan Show, because we have come up with nothing.
Speaker 2: We both have an issue here that we can't solve and thirty twenty four to ten once you hear them, if you can help us understand, we really.
Speaker 1: Do seek your counsel on this. Am I gonna go first? Yep. I have become increasingly disillusioned and frustrated with the delivery method for honey.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: So when I have my cups of tea at home, I'm a double bagger. Oh this is and I use honey instead of sugar because sugar is annoying. So I've put a little squirt in. I have tried every format of honey delivery system.
Speaker 2: So like the squeeze, the bottle.
Speaker 1: Diff squeeze bottle, the soft squeeze bottle, the pot, the small jar, even creamed honey. I thought it's beautiful the first four cups of tea.
Speaker 2: And then it goes full main.
Speaker 1: After that crystals form and you can't squeeze it out. It is driving me crazy and I'm like looking around. Every house in Australia's got a bottle of honey in it?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Am I the only person that is driven to a homicidal rage at the lack of ingenuity in honey delivery design packaging?
Speaker 2: What's the little timber spoon that you are use just for honey?
Speaker 1: You's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I've never tried that. Is it awful?
Speaker 1: But I use it seven times a day for a cup of tea?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I don't want a little you know twee. I want the honey in the tea, a big nozzle, free flowing, no crystals. Yeah, not too big that it goes weird and lumpy, not too small that it costs forty dollars. Like, what's up with you, Manuka? She's soy to you.
Speaker 2: God thirteen twenty four to ten. If you can help Swany out with this?
Speaker 1: What do you do at home? Are you transferring it? I had to funnel it out of a container this morning. It's a lot of sticky business man, and then it overflows all over the bench. I'm striving me crazy?
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Or have Red Rock Deli chips changed the method of cooking? Because Swanye, I know you're not a Red Rock Deli gal. No, and this is why you couldn't help me with this. But I've really noticed over the last two months, I consume a lot of sea salt plain red Rock deelly chips so classy. They've started overcooking them. And I thought it was just the first bag I got, because there were a little that you could see they were more yellow in color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first bag's always weird. It's always always second bag.
Speaker 2: It's still weird. As the bags went on over the months, they were all over cook.
Speaker 1: How many bags would you have I reckon over the weekend, like four? No?
Speaker 2: One, I'll have like because on a hungover Sunday, I go straight to the Panther and get the red rocks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a full big bag though. Okay, so you've got some here and you're going to test it?
Speaker 2: Well, No, they're not the flavor I asked for, but so it's specifically the plain one had him fire. Is it just me? Or a Red Rock Deli overcooking the chips?
Speaker 1: I want to get Jane Hollond because she's mad for a Honey chickens. She would know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to text her about.
Speaker 1: It the Chrissy Swan Show. And you are solving our problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're doing a round of is it just me?
Speaker 1: We have asked each other these questions. We have asked. We've asked, you know, Marina, anybody that you know we like to annoy on a daily basis, and we have come up with nothing. So we're taking it to the streets here.
Speaker 2: And I mean, if Marina can't answer our question, we're.
Speaker 1: Screw Absolutely, then there is no answer question. I'm very frustrated with honey delivery systems. I've bought all of them and I don't like any of them. None of them satisfy me.
Speaker 2: That's a really annoying thing. Annoying And is it just me? Or have Red Rock Deli changed the way they cook their chip?
Speaker 1: I've just eaten one of those chips, and absolutely, it's probably a bit about five years between those style of chips for me because news flat. They're not my favorite.
Speaker 2: I know they're not in mine. I go through like a bag a week of red why and they've started over cooking them that they've gone yellow?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: They are definitely overcooked?
Speaker 2: Mary?
Speaker 1: What am I doing wrong with the honey? I've tried the pot, I've tried the jar.
Speaker 4: It's really simple.
Speaker 5: You just put the container opened in the microwave for ten seconds at a time. You have to be careful, and it just melts and it's the crystallise.
Speaker 1: What are you joking? What container just threw a big lot of it out this morning?
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, you just put the whole container in, just leave it open and you have to watch it and you just put it in at ten seconds at a time and it just it just it makes it all all runny and gooey.
Speaker 1: You again, See I thought it was because I was cheap and I buy it in like this big vast.
Speaker 5: Yeah no no, And can I tell you you get the beach Worth?
Speaker 1: The beach Oh, I love beach Worth. I mean I love any sort of honey. Isn't it a miracle? Like if there's any evidence of God in the world. It's honey. Yeah, it's the best makes it.
Speaker 2: Mary. You have a Priceline Pharmacy voucher and you have a beautiful bedside manam I marry Mary?
Speaker 3: You are welcome.
Speaker 2: Now, Anita, can you help me with my issue of red Rock Delly chips being overcooked?
Speaker 6: They're terrible. I've had to change to Kettle because they overcook them and they're all and they're so expensive now, so I don't buy them anymore. You have to go to Kettle.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long have you been suspicious of the cooking times?
Speaker 6: A long time? Now? I believe Yeah, yeah, it's not right.
Speaker 2: And it's like you, we like a bit of crunching our chip chip, you and I, Anita, But like the Red Rock Deli, they've just overcood They've cooked it.
Speaker 6: Well, they've actually cooked them so much that they curl up, so they're all kind of stuck together in a curl. They're not like flat chips anymore either.
Speaker 3: Have you found that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have, Anita and Jack, Can I humbly suggest the Smith's crinkle cush, the thins, the thins, the King of Chips.
Speaker 2: Anita a priss Line Pharmacy voucher for you. We've got a bee keeper on the swan Oh Giles.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, you're so brave.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought I could help explain to you what why honey does crystallize. The honey is a super saturated sugar solution, So basically that means there's too many sugar crystals in a small amount of waters that it actually fits the sustain itself in a liquid form, so it actually wants to go to turn into crystalls. However, I actually i'mfortunate. I actually have to really disagree strongly with Mary. I don't think you should put it in the microwaves. The problem with the microwave is it heats it up very locally, very hot in specific spots, and so it can overheat the honey and then it destroys someone the goodness in the honey. Yes, the best way to do it is to put the container. So whatever you've got glass containers. I sell all my honey in glass containers. Put in a glass container, put it in a pan with water in up to the level of the honey, and then keep it on the lowest heap posts of all for as long as you can possibly wait, Like sometimes as you can do it for an hour if it's necessarily just leave it on there and it'll all term. It'll melt those crystals back in.
Speaker 1: How long will that last? Giles?
Speaker 7: Okay, there's another technical question. It varies so minmarily. It's basically made of glucose and sucos, glucose and fructos, and it depends on the ratio of those sugars, and again that depends on what next to the has.
Speaker 1: Been great, but the Creasy Swan Show, The Cressy Swan Show. I feel like I'm about to say something that is going to cause some waves.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: I was totling around on Instagram last night, which is frankly beautiful self care for me, and I don't do it anywhere near enough. So when I get a chance to just.
Speaker 2: Die, yeah, but just let it roll to the real just keepang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you you just feel really entitled. Something bores you and you go shut up, and then they give you more of what you want. I mean, it's just a joy.
Speaker 2: It's much like a dating app if you were on them now growing past.
Speaker 1: No, no, feel like that is not for me.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't recommend it.
Speaker 1: It's awful anyway Instagram. I follow the BBC because I'm very hard broll anyway. At once it's it stopped on a little snippet of the Australian TV show which you can stream on bingch called Colin from accounts. It won every LOGI last year. It's incredibly popular.
Speaker 2: They love it when they are on stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, and didn't We love it as audiences of the show because it's very, very popular and beautifully written by Harriet Dyer and Patrick Brammel. Anyway, the snippet that I saw was an iconic scene in series two with the gorgeous Celeste Barber and the topic of dog moms came up. This is a conversation between Harriet Dyer character and Celeste Barber's character. Do you do Katie, I'm a mom kids keep you busy? Oh your mom?
Speaker 3: No, I'm a dog mum.
Speaker 7: So no, Well, you know he relies on me.
Speaker 1: And he needs a lot of care. Not the same, isn't it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw that and I thought, oh my god, I've been in so many of those conversations and I've never had the guts to say what Celeste Barber's character said.
Speaker 2: Do you know why you haven't, because people are so protective and sort of get so offended if you insult their animals that you would feel like you just can't because it could be friendship ending.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. And I've waited up the moment not worth it, the moment where I could say, as Celeste Barber's character said, it's not the same, And I've thought, does it matter? Does it matter that they're wrong?
Speaker 2: It's a pet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Am I really going to fight with this person about something that is so clearly absurd?
Speaker 2: Absurd? And when they then put it in their Instagram bio like a dog mum or a no.
Speaker 1: Look, I get it. I understand that there are definitely parallels between the feelings because I've got two bunnies that I'm obsessed with, and I've got Murphy who I'm obsessed with. I feel like I'm their mother and if I hadn't had children, that would be my understanding of parenting.
Speaker 2: But you don't.
Speaker 1: But please, A dog mum ridiculous is not the same as a real mum. And that is because being a real mum is a lot harder and a lot more dull, and a lot more responsibility and so much Jeopardy. I mean, what mistakes can you make with a dog? Do you know what I mean? They're naughty, you put them outside, you put a muzzle on them. A kid's naughty. They end up in jail. Absolutely, the steak's are higher.
Speaker 2: Last night, I'm going to out my beautiful friend Maddie here, who loves her golden retriever. We were leaving our friend Christina's for dinner and she goes, oh, well, got to go home to my son. And I looked at her, I said, so. She said, George is a dog mum the same as a real the same. Let's brawl about it.
Speaker 1: Criswe show we're talking about. Is being a dog mum the same as being a child's mum. A little snippet came up on Instagram, and the bravery of Celeste's Barber character Barber's character in Colin from Accounts when she says that's not the same thing took my breath away.
Speaker 2: Do you do, Katie?
Speaker 1: I'm a mom kids keep you busy? Oh your mom?
Speaker 3: No, I'm a dog mum.
Speaker 7: So no, Well, you know he relies on.
Speaker 1: Me and he needs a lot of care. Not the same, isn't it?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: How many times have I wanted to say it's not the same, but I haven't. I've bitten my tongue because I don't want to fight until today.
Speaker 2: Until today, the fact that you're not giving birth to the pet or the dog is enough to say it is not the same. There is not the same connection that a mother and son or a mother and daughter has. There just isn't.
Speaker 1: No. I disagree, I disagree. I think the connection is the one thing that's the same. How can it be the same and the feeling of love that you have for that living thing is the same.
Speaker 2: I hope your kids aren't listening. If my mom said that about a dog, I'd be livered.
Speaker 1: No, it is the same. It is the same feeling of love.
Speaker 2: Thirty You should know that is a dog Pride twenty four ten. Is a dog mum the same as a real mum.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Belinda, Belinda, can you change my mind? Hello?
Speaker 3: Am I darling Chrissy? Yes I can, because I have a dog and I have a daughter, and the amount of care that I have to give my dog over my daughter is fiftyfold and I get nothing back from my daughter. I get total unconditional love from my dog, and it's a joy to walk him and feed him and look after him.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that you have spent the same amount of blood, sweat and tears and concern and sleepless nights on your dog that you have on your daughter.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say the same, but I would say that the love and companionship and the bond I have with my dog, I can't leave him money. Don't. Oh, there is a full responsibility, and.
Speaker 1: Belinda, that is not of That is not the question. I understand that love is love, and Jack knows that better than anybody. But you've got to admit that being the owner of the dog is very different to being the mother of a human being.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's definitely different. But I think it still has the same weight of responsibility.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's Blinda's arguments. Wanning, We're going to give Blinda a Priceline pharmacy vout dog. Marina Yo yo, Marina yo?
Speaker 1: What have you got for me? Can you change our mind?
Speaker 3: So my dog passed away last year.
Speaker 6: I now have a son.
Speaker 3: So I was six months pregnant with my dog died.
Speaker 7: So when I used to go to work when my dog was still like I had to leave work.
Speaker 4: Each morning, so a couple of hours into my ship to go home, give my dog his breakfast and his insulin because he was a diabetic, and then I'd go back to work and finish my day.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So with my dog, I had to do way more and I couldn't leave him either. We had to cancel holidays.
Speaker 6: We couldn't go on holidays anymore.
Speaker 3: Motaw dog was a diabetic, had to give him influence twice a day.
Speaker 7: He had eye appointments for his eyes.
Speaker 3: Whilst it's it's different.
Speaker 4: But the amount of time that I spent with.
Speaker 6: My dog is no less than I.
Speaker 4: Spent with my son.
Speaker 1: But what about did that dog ever say of my wheeze burning? Did that at two in the morning? Did that dog ever say I've poved my pants at school? Did that dog ever suck? Put me down? There so much wrong with me? The Christy Swim Show is a Nova podcast for more great comedy shows like this hads a nov podcast Stock Coms. Are You