Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country. An elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 2: Well, this week on the main episode, it was one of those days when we just went absolutely everywhere all over the shop and there was one thing that I wanted to mention just because it's kind of topical right now, that I wanted to talk about in the main episode but forgot about, and I think it's worth mentioning.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I've discovered this lady on TikTok called Caroline.
Speaker 3: I think it's always never Caroline.
Speaker 2: I never know, but there's no e at the end. It's it's with a y, so it's c A r L y N. That gives me Caroline.
Speaker 4: Caroline's that's Carolyn, not Caroline, right, caloa.
Speaker 2: So she is from Australia and I don't know if you've seen her pop up on your for you page.
Speaker 3: Yes, she wanted to.
Speaker 2: She's got a goal of one hundred K in one hundred days. Yes, and her first video kind of popped up because one of the videos has kind of gone viral and she got I'm just trying to find that video.
Speaker 1: Now maybe it's pinned.
Speaker 3: It might be pinned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no it's not because I commented on it and said I'm invested.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, okay, sorry, I didn't even go viral. It don't got thirty k views. I mean that's still a great amount of views, but I thought it did a lot more than that. Anyway, Yes, you said I'm invested, and Carolyn said, I followed you on ig for ages and love your content, big fan of your pit bullsh and andigains. Just letting you know this personal goal is one hundred percent fueled by ADHD delusional, so there's no real plan, just blind faith. And her bio says powered by ADHD, autism and midlife and she says she's on a midlife side quest to get one hundred K in one hundred days, hundred thousand dollars in one hundred days.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, Carolyn, because I'm sure this episode will make its way back to you. That first video that you did that's got thirty one thousand views, Pin that to your TikTok because you want people to see that as soon as they come on your profile. So what do you think of her earning one hundred grand in one hundred days.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that that's a crazy goal but not unachievable, right, It's a big, big amount of money.
Speaker 1: What would you do if you were her?
Speaker 4: Because I saw she's released like two digital products, Uh huh, because that's.
Speaker 1: Like an easy thing to do to get started. But what would you do if you were her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically the first thing that she's done is she has been creating content for however long I'm not really sure, but she wants to help people in the same space as her, in the same age bracket as her, and you know, the midlife people who want to make content and create content and things like that. So she's doing two different kind of online courses to help people do that, which I think is smart. I think if I wanted to make one hundred thousand dollars in one hundred days, that obviously you break it down, that's like one thousand dollars a day, and obviously some days you might want to make more and other days you might want to make less. But I think to make a thousand dollars a day, like I'd have to be doing, I'd be collecting the bloody cans and doing return and earn, Like yeah, I reckon, I.
Speaker 4: Would be going to garage sales and buying stuffing stuff. I'd be going to garage sales and like buying heaps of clothes and putting them on like deep pop or eBay or whatever. Like, I'd be doing that for sure. I'd be flipping.
Speaker 3: Yes, selling all the old stuff and be having a garage cell.
Speaker 1: Yep, have a garage helle fucking clear.
Speaker 2: Out go to garage sales? Do people still have garage sales marketplace?
Speaker 5: I reckon?
Speaker 1: There was such a thing when we were kids.
Speaker 2: We used to go around all day on a Saturday round all my mum would go on because you'd have it in the paper and she'd cut out all the highlight all of the garagels and right, we'll start there, and then there's that one two streets away, and they can go there, and then we can stop there for lunch, and then we'll go there, and then three streets from that bun and then we'll just park the car there and we'll walk these ones and we haven't.
Speaker 1: Bring back the garage sale.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 2: Well, I think like people are crazy these days though, you know, like why would you want people coming into your garage and looking on all your stuff.
Speaker 3: True, I'd be like, nah, don't look at my house, go away. You know.
Speaker 4: Actually this that makes me think of something that we can talk about right now on the same sort of topic that I have written in our note. Things that we used to do back in the day that we just don't do now for whatever reason. First of all, garage sales, Yes, because people are not as trustworthy.
Speaker 1: You can't just have people walking around.
Speaker 3: And not many people have cash anymore. True, so you know, because you just, oh, how much is that? I've only got two dollars?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: You go like, I don't know the last time I saw a two dollar coin.
Speaker 4: Another thing that we used to do when we were kids that I don't think people do now. Remember when you would just leave your spare key out just under the most obvious rock out the front of your house.
Speaker 1: Why did we used to do that?
Speaker 2: We weren't allowed to. That wasn't sa I think we did. But yeah, I know a lot of people did, or under the mat or whatever, literally.
Speaker 4: In the most like, what's the point of hiding your spare key under the mat?
Speaker 1: Just put it on top?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But no, we were never allowed to do that security. That's where I got my security thing from. We were never allowed to have a spare key.
Speaker 1: We never had a spare key because who was at four?
Speaker 4: But you know, just going to other people's house or the spare keys just under that little rock.
Speaker 1: That really obvious rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one.
Speaker 4: What are some other things that we used to do that we would never I feel like kids having like a little stall set up out the front, like selling something.
Speaker 1: I don't really see that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like a lot of the other things as well, like a garage sale.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Sorry, going back to garrot sales is the other thing you got to think about if someone trips on your drive and hurts themselves like they're still when you have for everything you worth now, like you'd have to have public liab but lety insurance to do a garage sale these surely, you know, because that's another thing. You don't want to take the risk of someone.
Speaker 1: Hurting themselves on purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah. True. Other things that we used to do with don't anymore.
Speaker 1: Playing murder in the dark in the streets when your.
Speaker 3: Kids, really I don't think I did that.
Speaker 1: We did, or just like playing outside after it was dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't allowed to do that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Again, different childhoods, you know, my parents care.
Speaker 2: As that came out of my mother, I was like, that's not what I meant. But like my mom would be like, there's no way, because my mum would be going, you're not going out after dark?
Speaker 3: Someone will kidnap you. Yeah, okay, whereas your mum was like.
Speaker 2: Fucking guy, Brittany, damn, someone will take you and good because one year.
Speaker 4: Wait have we spoken Yeah, we've already spoken about it on the pop before when we ran away when we were kids.
Speaker 1: Did you ever run away?
Speaker 2: Yes, A packed a bloody bag, put it on the stick over my shoulder like a big drama, got two houses down and went fuck this.
Speaker 1: Actually, Oh I ran away one time and got a few k's.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah you did a peanut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then like I was I don't even I don't even know if I had a bag with me, but I was walking and I got a few k's and I was crying and walking and then like my dad's friend saw me like on a street and stopped and said, what the fuck are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Get in the car and took me home. I got.
Speaker 2: You can't even run away probably, I know, how embarrassing, but also fucking lucky, Like what was I thinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I thought i'd give Carolyn the shout out because I thought we once did an episode on Big Business, right about how small business working with influencers. Yes, and you know, we were talking about the fact that it's really hard for small businesses to break into influences because you know, most people are earning thousands and thousands of dollars from big you know, billion dollar companies around the world who are paying like, you know, some of the companies that I work with are paying thousands of dollars to work with me. So if a candle business comes to me and says, Hi, I've got one hundred dollars to do a post, can.
Speaker 3: You do it?
Speaker 2: I'm going to politely decline your offer because I've got other people paying a lot more so small businesses. We did a whole episode on Big Business about it during the twelve Days of Big Business last year, And I think like, this is a good opportunity for win win, because imagine being the first brand to jump on board with Carolyn and get her to do a sponsored post for you.
Speaker 4: Well, I even thought about that with fail. Could I get Carolyn to do an ad for Failure?
Speaker 2: I should, because you've been the first brand on board. Would be good Brownie points exactly. But also you're contributing to her.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you another.
Speaker 4: Thing that Carolyne could do is she could obviously reach out to a shit ton of small businesses and say, look, I'm doing this thing on TikTok, I'm wanting to earn one hundred grand I want to work with you.
Speaker 1: And she could ask some businesses as.
Speaker 4: Well if they would be willing to do an affiliate code with her. So she could, you know, let's say work with Fate just as an example, and like we could pay her X amount for the post. But if she wanted to really give it a crack to make even more money is do an affiliate code where she has a code Carolyne ten, Fate whatever, and every time she gets a sale through that code, we then promise her a percentage of the sales. Because that could be good for her to do affiliate She can also make an Amazon storefront and do that. I would like Carolyn if you also we're just calling you Carolyn. I'm so sorry if it's Caroline.
Speaker 2: But her user name, by the way, which I didn't mention, is life Underscore of Underscore Carolyn, if you want to go and have it and have a look at what she's doing on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Because another thing I would do if I was hurt would be I would try, like I have products that I religiously use from Amazon. You could try to make some viral videos with those products on TikTok and then like having the caption like linked in my Amazon storefront and try to make a bit of commission from those Amazon products.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'd just be doing like all those little things because it's the little things like that, Yeah, that add up really quickly, and if you do enough of those, like suddenly you know you've two hundred dollars and there's two two hundred dollars towards your goal right in one day. Right, So anyway, best of like to Carolin, I will be following along and you can all go and follow along as well, because I think it's a huge goal and it will, like I say this with love, it'll be really surprising. But I hope that motivates her more to prove me wrong. But I also am rooting for her at the same time, like I go, WHOA, that's a big thing to achieve and I don't know if she's going to get there. But at the same time, I go, I really hope she does get there, because how amazing, how funny, how fun.
Speaker 3: Is that going to be to watch?
Speaker 2: And you don't know, like if we get all the scrollers to go over and have a look at what she's doing, follow and comment and get invested in it, you know, maybe one of these big, big brands will pay her ten grand and there's ten percent of her goal done.
Speaker 1: I have won adice for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a video yesterday.
Speaker 4: I think it was after she had done the first video that got for thirty thousand views. Did you see the video where she said a management company reached out to her and want to sign her to get brand deals.
Speaker 1: In the video, she was saying, like, I'm going to sign with them, Carolyn, just be careful, Yeah, be.
Speaker 3: Careful, She followed me back. I might message her actually.
Speaker 4: About yeah, be careful, Like having a management agency is good, but you can get yourself stuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could sign with them.
Speaker 4: No offense to management companies out there, but they could sign you up and be like, yeah, we want to support you. Then boom, you're in a locked in three year contract and they never get you a job. But because you're signed with them, there might be a clause in there that says you can't do anything of your own outside of this agreement. So just be careful with that, Carolyn, protect yourself. Send us the contract before you sign it.
Speaker 2: Best to like, Carolyn, we're bloody rooting for you girl. We'll see you next Tuesday.