Speaker 1: All right, we're back for the Round two finals. Interall Podcast, Buzz Rothfield, Michael carrianas. I want to get stuck in the finals things straight away. But Buzz just told such a funny story off here that we need to kick Made.
Speaker 2: He's not here. I'm filthy on reading right, taking a sickie. I've asked him for a medical certificate. Oh but what about Yes, I was on a day off and I wanted to cook a stir fryer. So I'm doing the isle in bullies, you know, Asian food. Anyway, rings Made, I spent ten minutes on the phone with him. What goes with plum sauce?
Speaker 3: What? Mate?
Speaker 2: He's he has no idea?
Speaker 3: Was there any face timing involved?
Speaker 2: And it wasn't fake? But I ha him on speaker and all these women were walking passing, And what's doing here?
Speaker 3: Is he talking to your personal chef this time?
Speaker 2: Or No? I didn't get I didn't go to the deli, but jes he fancies himself as a cook.
Speaker 3: Well did it work? Made?
Speaker 2: He wanted me to mix lemon grass with plum sauce. Can you lemon grass and plum? And what I did? I just went plum sauce. It was a beautiful stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, didn't quite hit the heights I was hoping for. They didn't go with any special sort of.
Speaker 2: Re put cheli on it. I've got some very hot cheli I put on at the end. My wife doesn't like chili, so when we serve it, we had our chili. Say. This is such a fascinating way to start people. Has anyone ever turned off a podcast after a minute?
Speaker 3: Yes? Can we get a casualty ward update on Brent Reed? Is he all right under the weather? Been under the weather? But here we are.
Speaker 2: We're all tired this time of the year. We've been answerce Vegas. You didn't go to Vegas? But Rudy was.
Speaker 4: On the no, sorry, you go next year. That's the boss. I think I'm a strong chance, self employed retired trader, got no kids on the way this time, so.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll have to stump up myself.
Speaker 1: If I leant on you for your podcast rankings last week on who would be in the Chairs? I figured that I might have to lead on you for some Vegas advice because I don't know Mick can handle Vegas.
Speaker 3: I went in.
Speaker 1: I went in December. He did the Pro Game No, that's right. You went on the fency, you went on the party tour. Any stories ordered regale from then.
Speaker 3: They made public.
Speaker 2: Because something you know what goes on tour stur.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all good land chuckees go to you good things. Are you at the AFL bars on Friday? Or because he's got form bro.
Speaker 2: And halffls been hard to get the ticket?
Speaker 3: Can we get keep back something?
Speaker 2: Shark keys? They call them boundary sideline reporters. Won't you go down?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, Look, the chance of me going to an AFL game, particularly why an NUR finals game is on, it.
Speaker 3: Would have to be a massive urn about to say I would never.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I would never unless there was a significant earn involved.
Speaker 3: There you go otherwise no chance? How you feeling buzzy pit disappointed up for last weekend?
Speaker 2: A bit disappointed. I'm disappointed about the home ground and the fact that Cronulla don't have one capable of hosting a final like this, I really am, because it's not fair that other clubs you get home grounds. And if you tell me, if I'm right, if you ever run fifth or sixth, get a home ground second week, don't you no?
Speaker 3: First week? First week, I'll do you.
Speaker 1: First week you get a home final, Well Cronala, don't no, but yeah, I understand what you say.
Speaker 4: If Cronlla Cornala's homeing ame was it Combank or whatever, a decent venue, then they be playing there.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be critical Cranala because I really like Steve Mason, I really like dname as a test. But they've got to sort out the home ground and get to the government with the help of Peter the Landi's and Andrew Abdall and sort of give us a ground that's capable of comfortably holding sixteen seven and eighteen thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also want a league's club to go to and have a beer after a game, and that hasn't happened. It's not They still haven't begun work there, and I think it's an important thing for people in the shire.
Speaker 3: How long is it going to be a construction zoned for?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a very good I can't answer it. You've been written stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well it's been ongoing and it's becoming it's a multi minute all. Why elephant the amount of money that this has led the club because of just lack of corporate lack of gate take into lack of having a Leeds club open and the means of dollars that brings in. It's it's amazing. They're still sustainable, the Sharks, And that's not that's not an exaggeration. They're buzz a few years ago, if the NRL's grounds wasn't so high, I think they would have been in dire financial situation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and lucky. Look, we've got sustainable success on the field, but we deserve it off the field as well. When I say that, we bounced out of the final straight So this is a massive game on the weekend, but we're always there about in top fours and top eights.
Speaker 3: And you guys, the Sharks owned your side. Ah, Like, we'll get to Jason Ryles in Roles. We trust we'll get to him shortly.
Speaker 2: Hoops on TV last night he want another players they've lost Mitchell Mases to East's what's wrong?
Speaker 3: Gone?
Speaker 2: I get in trouble for bagging.
Speaker 3: Hoops every week? Isn't there?
Speaker 2: Come on comment? They told me you tore them and you won the week before.
Speaker 3: No, last night we're on best behavior?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you get a warning or were just happen to agree?
Speaker 1: Does the quote if you don't understand roaming, I can't help you mean anything to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a few weeks ago. I got a little bit cranky. I need to get a little bit cranky.
Speaker 2: It was very, very too.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was a bit cranky that long.
Speaker 1: But like a sleep oopsprings hanger Jim, stuff like that, just quickly in your shucks.
Speaker 3: So you guys own your own stadium, on your own ground.
Speaker 2: But it's worthless at the moment. The stadium can't build units on it. You can't host an our old finals there, and you really got the stage where it's almost embarrassing hosting in our old games there. You know, we need to do better. We competing against the Cowboys, look at their stadium. Were compete against the Broncos. Look at their stadium. Look at the Penrith stadium they're about to get. Look at Paramatta Stadium, look at the Roosters Stadium. It's not fair, it's not right. We've got to do something about it. I'd really like is to go through on our thread of moving the Grand Final out of Sydney unless the government look after Brookie, lest the government look after Shark Park like our belmore, you know, move the if they don't want to, you know, and these are multi purpose.
Speaker 3: Venues in the government's the fans.
Speaker 4: They have tipped in means for the s FLS new Paramatta Stadium is a new penny stadium.
Speaker 2: Getting the stadium stadium bell Weather Sea. You know, I'm I'm just saying, I'm so glad I removed him as a number one ticket holder because when he was PM, he didn't give us a penny elbow local seat, like give them forty mil or something. Hear me, I'm surprised you've opened up on the Sharks and about nick I was.
Speaker 1: About to ask that, well, you've got issues on the film. Is craigfits given going to get a finals win?
Speaker 2: I hope so. Not overly confident. Not overly confident. After the way we played in Melbourne. I don't think we put nearly enough pressure on Storm. That's why they got their completions. No forward made more than fifty five meters apart from an edge you made sixty. Really, Nicico made a couple of blunders, not finding touch. I'm worried about Niko and I'm surprised they put him up for media during the week.
Speaker 4: Well, they had to stay like it's sort of hello, they have to, well they're supposed to, and I'm not going to discourage them from putting players up because but.
Speaker 1: Nicko's that guy, right, He's happy to speak.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's such a it's going to be such an interesting match, not just for Nico but the Sharks, for Craig if it's given the Monkey, the stigma that's going to be attached to if they don't get this job monster done and the storyline that runs into next season, because we all know what people will be talking about if they don't get this one done.
Speaker 1: Is Nico not one hundred percent? Is he still coming back from that injury?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think now he's had a few weeks back, so he should be fine. He's just doesn't look like he's free. But like it's hard for Nicko off the back of a forward packs. As Buzz mentioned, they got absolutely monsters right before. They just had no bore, They had no territory. I don't care what half you are, you're not going to be able to do anything with the lack of things that they are able to create. So I can understand that performance last week, but you know they need to be and this has been my concern about Cronola all along has been their forward pack and the fact that I just don't think they're physical enough to dominate their rivals. And they've got a lot of seven out of ten forwards. Yeah, they're like this right, Yeah, And that's why Adam Fini l Blake will be the most important sign in the club's made in a long time, because there's a dynamic forward.
Speaker 2: I think Niko's problem has been they kept winning and winning and winning when he wasn't there. Yeah, and Trendall was going game busters, So Nico has been reluctant to grab a game by the scraff and shake the living daylights out of it because he doesn't want to, you know, overplay his hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Has Niko been affected by not only just the forwards buzz, but your back three are so good when they're on song. I think Melbourne targeted last week and it can do was ordinary. They weren't making anywhere near the first and second play carries the number of meters that they usually make, which when it gets down then your forwards are playing off the back for a little bit there. And Nico is great on a on a retreating defense where he.
Speaker 2: Can get excuse me, can you get off your phone?
Speaker 4: It was I important messages might be breaking news for punters.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do you do for you on the sideline for the ABC round RL three sixty.
Speaker 3: And three six.
Speaker 4: I don't check my phone sideline. I'd definitely do. Do you ask mobs our follow the time if they's.
Speaker 2: Breaking news if you're in the middle of a live segment, Yeah, ah, right my phone.
Speaker 1: He's a very good, multi skilled multitasker.
Speaker 3: He does very much.
Speaker 2: Although I just found your boss was talking. I found it disrespectful. Make you peel, I found it very very disrespectful. That's my right to the third one in my own.
Speaker 3: Am.
Speaker 4: I'm so close to standing you down for my grandfather Grand Final edition. It's the most sought after position in Sydney journalism. Making my Grand Final side yep, and Adam's Grand Final side too. There we go, Captain.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Oh yes, no, I was just more around the shark to play.
Speaker 1: I think I think Melbourne did a very good job last week of containing your back three, which just compounded the fact that your forwards made no meters. So that's but in saying that, I don't know if this is going to bite me on the backside. I'm still not convinced about the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think you can be convinced about the Cowboys because if calam Ponger finds dang gag. The Knights are playing this week off the back of remarkable performance from Klaponger.
Speaker 3: So good cal pong ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 4: But there's either of the four sides that are playing this weekend convincing. They all have their issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: You look at the Cows and the Cows threatened to be an awesome side. You've got the Kernala and the doubts around them. You've got the Roosters and their horror injury run now and whether they can lift themselves back up. And you've got mainly who are the most frustrating side remaining? Because how they won that game against the Dogs when.
Speaker 2: I still they won they were sensational, who manly sensational?
Speaker 3: How they won it that moment was yeah.
Speaker 2: Sherry Evans sweep around the back, What a beautiful play they all went for that forward. It might have been Olda coming through and the Tolu try was as good a finals try as we'll see.
Speaker 3: This year, no doubt. But I'm talking about the as a whole.
Speaker 4: I know, but this has been a theme for them because we've been laid in and I've had high aspirations for Manly all season, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think they're.
Speaker 4: Top four, right, so and then they went on. They've shown glimpses of it, but you just want you just don't know.
Speaker 3: So that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: The fourth ones that are playing this weekend, none of them are convincing.
Speaker 3: Last week just on this.
Speaker 1: Canterbury don't usually collapse defensively like that, but that moment, and I don't know if they got complacent a little bit because Tommy Trevoivitch hadn't done a lot of running and when he hit that line, when he actually rander the line, and then through the past they sort of they collapsed in a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, which destructed or Manly were right, I'll tell you how sensational they were so Roudo has the best defense system in the comp right, we know that, but they were able to bust it twice for those two. That's great football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and before that it was one of the best defensive sets because they're in their thirty forty, whatever the case may be, and you're like, well, they're not going to get out of this, and.
Speaker 2: Then started, you know, with that great offload and surge and and that's.
Speaker 3: The strike they've got.
Speaker 4: They can be scary and if they can find a way defensively, I think they'll win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Manly do you wow? You'll be off with Robot two? Really he's been taken off the mail list of the roosters. Yeah, you don't warranted Coach Robinson grade three?
Speaker 3: You like it?
Speaker 2: You just giggle when you do.
Speaker 3: I I find it nice how you like to air Paul Reader's dirty laundry.
Speaker 2: Well you know what I'm going to do in the office. I'm going to send you to a manager's course and make you don't giggle when the staff members undersea. Well you should say how disappointed you are.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was working very hard with Brent last night to help mend another bridge.
Speaker 2: So that was a good man Brent.
Speaker 1: He's a good fellow read Man. We'll get to get back on next week. I think I'm going to miss him.
Speaker 5: His mate what about his mate Bridge this week? Congratulating Luke Brooks. Honestly, I thought it was a joke last night.
Speaker 2: You suggested something had been hacked, didn't you.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I thought it was a former employee and outgoing employee had posted on the website as a dead set joke.
Speaker 3: Well, you couldn't even find it on the web. It wasn't in there.
Speaker 1: It was kind of look it was published, but for those just sort of bit inside baseball things with websites, it was published, but not ranked.
Speaker 3: There was a screenshot going around.
Speaker 1: I thought to myself, well, the screenshots people are very clever at decepting, deceiving people.
Speaker 4: And I thought it was I thought it was a I got ready to check and I said, this is a great story. If this is not right and someone's just posted on the website.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you an example, changing clubs. Christian Nickoloc who used to work here, right, very good reporter, doing well at our opposition. When he breaks a big story, do you send him anything or do you congratulating publicly? Of course you don't.
Speaker 1: He usually just sent me pri but messages as yeah, he does that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh that's unnecessary. That's so unnecessary.
Speaker 3: You can tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell him it's outrageous what Richard did.
Speaker 3: It was would he bagged everyone that actually went elsewhere and was successful. That was that was that will go down one of the strangers. Yeah, just thinks you don't expect to see in rugby league. Okay, who's your tip? Sharks, Cowboys, Cowboys, Sharks.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on the Sharks, I think, yeah, I just I think there's a bounce back factor.
Speaker 2: I would love Nicohin have a blinder too that we.
Speaker 4: All would buzz, unless you're a Cowboys fan, just to just to own the game, complete performance and walk off the field with a smile on his face.
Speaker 2: And you know what, he's better footballer than what he's shown us, no doubt, and maybe he needs to do something special early get his confidence up and yep. Anyway, yep, Chuck, is a.
Speaker 3: Question for you.
Speaker 1: How many minutes is jab Maria Hargrave's going to stay on the field on Saturday night?
Speaker 4: Down the field he'll play thirty or eight minutes through his choice or well, you know, Lodge is kind of baiting purely he keeps it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But the thing is, if you take the crap out of Jared's game and the rubbish and the sting, it's not after football, You're not. I'm ranking my top ten Kiwize ever in my column on Sunday, and this, my goodness, you should see the.
Speaker 3: Ball foot rock number one? Who wall foot rock flats?
Speaker 1: Anyone's sunny best good Seguay Sunny.
Speaker 2: Bill's not not number one, but I've got Mark Gray, but I've got we're hard grades at five mm hm. Well, three hundred games, three premierships.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not sleedging it. Yeah, he's been enormous and Lodge.
Speaker 2: Was close enough to Manly's best player last week.
Speaker 3: He was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven tackle pass.
Speaker 4: It's like we're talking madness and we haven't mentioned Spencer. That's always a nice dynamic.
Speaker 1: What happened last week he was moved to the bench. Yeah, had very little impact for a guy who said I'm going to war before that game against his old team.
Speaker 4: Very disappointing. Yeah, they's started on the back fourd as well, and he just couldn't change. I thought that Rus's bench was pretty good last week, but not Spencer. I thought some of the other boys that came on really sort of tried to spark them.
Speaker 2: But he's been disappointing since he renewed his contract.
Speaker 3: I think he has me.
Speaker 4: It's it's post origin, first time series, and I think there's.
Speaker 3: Something to be said for it went quiet after Jack lam.
Speaker 4: Jaqu Laine Spencer a Kawa to these guys are in their first series after the back of the winning series.
Speaker 3: I think there's something in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a sensational that's a sensational game that one. Yeah at the fullbacks on each other and you know this is it? Great mates, TD and Turbo.
Speaker 1: Surely they can't be as rubbish as they were in that first thirty minutes against Penrith.
Speaker 3: The Roosters, Well, how good would Penrith though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rez like and look, I know there was a couple of tries off kicks and whatever else, but it was just that pressure me that they were trucks.
Speaker 2: Fun the second half guys, yeah great, but like, I'm not pack up and go. I just get rid of this opinion for the years experience covering finals the second half what I was halfway through my career when he was born. They played well for forty minutes, you're good.
Speaker 3: But they came out well in that second half, didn't They know?
Speaker 2: No chalks manly, it's around the halves Kiri and sand and Smith. You miss walk and Walkers a top twenty player this year.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, Well, I just think with the injuries that the Rusters have got, if manly get to their best.
Speaker 3: No two upsets this weekend, there you go. I just think the return of Jared may spark something.
Speaker 1: I still don't think Joey marn who's getting enough football, He's he's playing awful mobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with buzz on this one, I think Buzzer has been leading this and I can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like not leading it as in but rightfully openly criticizing Joey Marry and I think it's been warranted.
Speaker 2: But you get Trent Robinson on the phone in private, he'll tell you that he mon't publicly bake the player. But it's not to say anything now after being shot down from making it was a pertinent point that they won the second half.
Speaker 3: Well, Dylan Edwards was terrific, isn't he just on his feet, just looked like, can we.
Speaker 2: Talk about the austral and fall back now? I know you've got done in the list. Is it Edwoods or is it Pong.
Speaker 3: Or is it Teddy? I don't put a line through Teddy yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just long was the best player in rugby league Nellie good, good luck. Massive mistake the Australian team last year. They left pong Are out despite his charred chamber when the Dowley's and put Miko.
Speaker 3: Yeah the next time, Yeah that was a blunder. Yeah, yeah, Nicko didn't eventually play.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I sure choice mobs. It's tough, isn't I just think it's a grand final. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Edwards is so dangerous, but pol is just next level. He's just a match winner. Mate. What do you think? Oh no, I don't know. Could you find room for both of them? You can't, And it's pretty harsh on Teddy as well. This train captain the other think you can do?
Speaker 2: If Edwards wins the Churchill Medal, you've got to pick him.
Speaker 3: But po at fourteen and ben Hunt misses out and that might be the way to go.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure ben Hunt deserves to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sorry, very loyal though, now, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But did you get touched kind of watching it? Fad a Ben Hunt?
Speaker 3: Someone like that can't argue a buzz buzzy on fire?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? This is my best podcast? Give me a rating?
Speaker 1: I want to wait till the end, because Michael was very critical of you before with your second what did you say care fact, it was very dismissive.
Speaker 3: Second half the finals game, right just with this rooster Seagulls Anthony Seabolt contract extension.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting one there the fact that for Buzz had the story in May. I think it was that those talks are dissolved and they were sitting around twelfth at that time.
Speaker 2: He left the room not happy.
Speaker 4: You know, I think mainly did the right thing because where they were sitting on the competition ladder, that was uncertainty and a little bit of speculation in around that camp.
Speaker 3: But they won a finals game.
Speaker 4: Now they're probably sitting where they should be, definitely where they should be sitting at the very least. And you know, the hierarchy of agree that they'll give him twelve months and then maybe two more years after the back of the year that he has next year.
Speaker 2: Anthony Seabolt's greatest achievement, manly was he started and pulled a fractured club back together from the Pride Jersey and you look, you watch man and how they came back and look how they're playing for that logo now and that Jersey and that fight hadn't mate three years ago seven Blakes didn't want to play in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And what he's done to rebuild it with Turbo, with Jake, with Cherry, with Josh, Ella, with ol Kuatu, with Tyler and the tries scored. Mate, that's that's great man management.
Speaker 4: And that roster aside from DCA because of his age, it's all locked in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all locked in long term.
Speaker 4: Nucleus has got the next couple of years together, so they obviously believe that saves the guy that can.
Speaker 3: Win a competition and that is a premiership winning roster.
Speaker 2: The other wrap for Sea Bowl. His career was in ruins after the Broncos. He was a broken man. And then he did he do some rugby, yeah English rugby. But the other crucial thing he did he went and helped out of O'Brien in Newcastle. I reckon went out of O'Brien did need some help. I remember Ads used to go cooker in the box and think, remember ever will heed him into, you know, getting that.
Speaker 3: Slightly out of him what he's doing, but will.
Speaker 2: Hate me saying that.
Speaker 1: Well, did you read the great Robert Crash Cratics piece this week saying did the Broncos in with him Sea Buld? Because you've looked at the years since out of town.
Speaker 2: He's a very powerful dude, don't they?
Speaker 3: I did. You're off with my career over him. I did send him a text saying save his new deal. Yes, do you know that?
Speaker 1: Lunatic sent me a text at six thirty this morning the front page of the Post career.
Speaker 3: Do you think he got that from? Did you see it? Well? Thank you can at least wait till seven am. Easily times.
Speaker 2: He is the biggest nutcase and journalist m A d.
Speaker 3: In the best way possible.
Speaker 2: I get another text off him? Where's Chamas?
Speaker 1: What about his yarn on the Cowboys charter flight? Worried about that game being canceled? There was no flights out of Townsville due to school holidays.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they would have found a way to get at me. Oh that was Gibber.
Speaker 1: Airlines chart of the flight he saved the finals. Yes, I love Pete, one of my favorites. But yeah great, great for Sea Bowld. So mainly you say they're locked in going forward. DCE contracted the end of twenty twenty five, does he kick on beyond that.
Speaker 4: I think if he wants another twelve months, I'd give him another twelve months.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing at the stadium the other day I bought those two tries and being rapen. Someone was getting bullied one of his teammates and that the lock fall with the long hair Josh current. He stepped in right, Cherry's comes up to his shoulders him under the deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that is leadership. And a little half back has belted one of their medals, you.
Speaker 3: Know, headlocks straight to the ground.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: This is a leadership course, you're Gon said, mob was a great Yeah. Who am I putting in a headlock? Who's my Josh Karen? I'm defending ready, I'm defending Can you put bomb in the headlock? I'm defending Pete as well.
Speaker 1: It's it's about who Who's Who's the Josh Karen that I need to take down to support my team.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I get around his big neck. Man, oh, dear me. Prediction roosters mainly.
Speaker 2: Manly.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, manly roosters without any confidence.
Speaker 4: There you go, that's how it should be this time though, we should be should be a lottery, and I think both games are which makes them excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wide open final series. I don't know who talked it down and said it was the worst final series he's seen.
Speaker 2: Jean bull Dog very negative. Now, well that's so, that's another job you've got to do. You've got to spark up your reporters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate listen.
Speaker 1: I've I've been managing, been managing buzzy eneral referee rankings speaking of the game.
Speaker 2: You know we all blew up that jer wasn't in the top four. Well, I've made a few inquiries and Jared Maxwell rates them all. You know, the horse, that's his nickname. And Jared Maxwell he ranks Adam g seventh best referee this year. And when I argue with the NRL, they say the Broncos were had the Grand Final one, but they've had a bat and they're bad inside the eighth and that these things happen. You know, we could score two tries one year and a grand finally get dropped the next. For the life of me, I can't work it out.
Speaker 3: I use a similar system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you use verity, that's all. Unless you get clicks, we your year off.
Speaker 3: What are you reckon? About G. Where do you rank him? I don't know. I haven't sat there and ranked the referees. I haven't. Hasn't bothered me too much. I was surprised.
Speaker 4: I was surprised that he's not the top four referees in the game. Definitely surprised by it. But hasn't kept me up at night. And so who we got this weekend is our referees, Atkins and Client, Atkins and Clients. So all right, I like Atkins and Klein is a lovely bike. Had a beer weekend Vegas? Yeah absolutely, yeah yeah? And Grants good fella to.
Speaker 2: Grant Atkins. Yeah yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: It lives out my way. Great?
Speaker 2: Does he? There?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 3: Daughters go to school? He as well on the weekend? Right? Non final stuff? Is the referee stuff? Hit a, Hi, didn't it legend your list? No?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's an important issue. I put a pile up on the website. On Twitter last night, seventy two said, G, you should do the Grand Final. You're not going to listen to your partners A.
Speaker 3: Good list, good poll seventy two percent. How many people over.
Speaker 2: A thousand over one thousand?
Speaker 3: What if you put on Facebook? Would you get a different I'd like to do.
Speaker 2: Who do you like most on this podcast?
Speaker 3: I got that are you weird?
Speaker 4: The punters love you? They love you on this podcast. As soon as you're not on Twitter is a different environment. The comments and stuff like that. If you're not on, if I get emails and stuff, where's Buzzy?
Speaker 3: There you go? Thank you? And when mobbsy was missing for a while, do.
Speaker 2: We get any feedback there? Well, we don't need to host one.
Speaker 1: I had to get a couple of burner accounts to get it go. Hey Josh Shuster the South Sydney confirmed twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had this move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I d it a month ago. Yeah, it's a budget contract as it should be. And he's got Wayne Bennett to guide him. And yeah, I think it's a great move. I'd love to see Josh Schuster back, confident, fit and skillful and yeah, great signing.
Speaker 3: I agree with all that.
Speaker 4: I think it's a massive opportunity for Josh and now going and not be the main man with a big paycheck and just get an opportunity now to focus on getting the best out of his gifted natural ability. Because there was a stage there he was my favorite.
Speaker 3: Player to watch.
Speaker 4: I just loved watching him play the silky skills and I look past all the chip and chase all this sort of stuff that he could produce, you know, fitness, of course.
Speaker 2: It's attitude, it's I think he's got every skill and more, but he he's got to get fit.
Speaker 4: As brace Braith last night said, he's got the easy part. He's got so he's got the hard part of the stuff that's really hard to come by he has. He's just got to do the easy part now and dedicate himself. And if he does that, I think it's a great signing.
Speaker 2: And he's he's not a smart guy, but with the money, you know, he's got good investments and stuff, so he hasn't blown his money like you know, a lot of huge opportunity for that guy.
Speaker 3: Agreed.
Speaker 1: Kind of reminds me, you want now that Schuster's got that contract for next year, Ronald Bakman another one.
Speaker 3: He'll be manly next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll be manly on a supplementary deal, the old development deal and get an opportunity there. And his obviously career took a different path for different reasons. And you know that shoulder injury has been repaired. But I think your findal bit maarly next year.
Speaker 2: Just because Wayne's got him doesn't mean Shoests is going to be automatic.
Speaker 3: Does.
Speaker 2: Wayne's had some players who hasn't named. Well, take Milford to Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Milford was good for a bit. They played a Grand Final for us, but yeah, but didn't live up. Probably he didn't the Dolphin. He didn't reach the heights that year. He we all saw him when he saw to balance. Tava was hadinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had a little spurt and then you know, could in a.
Speaker 2: Grand prim this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, host plus cup. It's all up to Shulster. The world, the footy world is he's always and if he wants to capitalize.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 1: Definitely want him to see how he goes, because you know, footy so much fun watching him play.
Speaker 3: It's better when you flick. It was my favorite player to White at one stage.
Speaker 2: What else do you got for sure?
Speaker 1: I've got Brent Reid's interview with Jason Ryles. You make it missed the paramatter listen.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I you know, people can say, oh, well you're an iils find You're going to say that, but no, I like I like what he's I like the excitement he's bringing.
Speaker 3: I like that he was open to the questions. I like that.
Speaker 1: You know, he was talking about how he wants to play a bit differently, how he'd use Gutho differently, and talking about Isaiah Jongi coming from Penrith and pointing out that he's had two and a half full years of New South Wales's Cup. So you know how many young players skip that apprenticeship and go straight from flegg to first grade and missed that really crucial part of a game where you get to play against grown man, learn your defensive structures and and at fullback you know, counting and talking to the guys and you know, learning to tackle grown man.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll see how he goes because the crucial part of this is the culture of the playing group has to change people internally. Allies that buzz with talk about with Joe Marner before about not publicly saying things people apparently it won't say it publicly, but that culture does need a blood.
Speaker 3: He does need a reset.
Speaker 1: And you know, Ryle said that he doesn't see it as a massive overhauling.
Speaker 2: To embrace their fans better and that stuff they were doing and you know, walking around and you see Ruth Walsh do it every week, you know, and yeah, takes his shirt and his boots and Power got to just have a general reboot. And they've started by getting a very very good coach in there who's had enormous experience under Bellamy and Robinson. But the team still needs a reboot. Attitudes need to reboot. And we talk about how great it was to have Canterbury relaunched this year, so spectacular. We need Power, Yeah, we need Power in finals. You know, could you imagine if Power and Cannaby played out there the other day.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't be a stating big enough in Australia.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean, And so look, I think they're in good hands. So we Rosey, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to find out pretty soon Buzz who's brought in to him too, because they've had a lot of years with Brad Arthur and you've got to have a new voice with new ideas and new standards, and you're going to find out pretty quickly those who are on board and those and I think they're going to go get those who aren't won't be around for two much longer. There you go agree, anything, Michael, I agree with everything that you guys are saying. Wow, it was a good interview. It was impressive.
Speaker 3: It was good that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he came out and said everything, and and I think that's what Paramatta needed to happen. I think that's what Jason Royles needed to do and get on the front foot now and hit the reset button and now look forward.
Speaker 2: When I thought he was going to be an NRL coach, Robert had COVID during COVID and Rosey coached him, and his media conference afterwards was so slick, so you know, and you could tell he's ready. Yeah, part of the gig.
Speaker 3: The only two more points on this I'd like to make is one you don't know.
Speaker 1: The fascinating thing is that we don't know what type of coach is going to be because he hasn't been a head coach of a reserve grade team anything. He's been a career assistant, which isn't a bad thing, but it just means that we haven't actually seen.
Speaker 3: The royal style of play. Yeah, I think that's really exciting.
Speaker 2: One thing I want to add is Nathan Brown, who I don't think was a great NURL head coach, but people will tell you technically and forty savvy. There's no one better. Gus Girl used to say it when he used him Jew and Orange. I think Nathan brown is a massive acquisition that club to help you, I really do. Yeah, And that was it number two managed, no where he goes to manage just.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, who's the other wise mantle? And then yeah, it's got wise Mantle and then Lukan Moer, Yeah, Sem Moer. I think Nathan Kayl is still in the mix there too. I think, isn't he Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: That's the Yeah, that's the coaching staff for next year.
Speaker 4: But I'm yeah, I think Brownie is a great appointment and someone that Rosey trusts and can help bounce when he's making mistakes or whatever the case may be, to to try and rain him in a little bit as a rookie coach.
Speaker 1: What about him conceding that he regrets he regretted not taking the dragon's job.
Speaker 3: I found that really interesting. I found that whole situation interesting.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you have just picked up the fine to Craig Bellam and say, Greg, are you certainly going to pull the pin?
Speaker 3: If not, I'm going to take his dragon's job. Yeah, I don't know. I did find that a little bit strange.
Speaker 1: Was it just a assumption that hey, they want me down there there, that I'm the successor, I'm the guy? Yeah in two years. I mean we all sort of thought a couple of years ago, didn't we buzz that.
Speaker 2: That we thought he's going to pick it off from the Sharks.
Speaker 3: Did you why one get fifty or positive?
Speaker 1: But yeah, we sort of thought. Even belly Ake himself was very noncommittal about going. We thought he's going to pull the pin till three years ago, and here it now looks like he's going to be there until, you know, until the second Melbourne team gets put in.
Speaker 2: But it was interesting coach, he's a freak coach.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, do you think the fine?
Speaker 1: That was interesting that Jason Ryles said he regretted not taking the Dragon's job because he thought there.
Speaker 2: Was you know, I think he's got a better, more suitable gig. I think you needed Flan's experience to rebuild some George Illawarra more than Parramatto. He's walking into a massive pathway club and they've got to do better with their pathways, don't they. And you make it an appetite where kids want to stay, not like the young fellow has just gone to Penrith, you know.
Speaker 1: And he was open about that too, you know, he said that they couldn't offer him telling you want to play.
Speaker 2: That it comes to around the leadership and if Mitchell Mosis becomes captain and these guys I think have got to be more leaders, you know yeah, leaders of everything in forty clubs. Guys. You know that.
Speaker 3: Very quite over there, Michael. Leaders are everything in all walks of life. Yes, yeah, we are. We've got to hit on the list.
Speaker 2: Buzz.
Speaker 1: Andrew Johns rates Caleen Pong and the best signing Newcastle history.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's the second best player in Newcastle history behind Andrew Johns. And they've had some great players Maddie and Paul Harrigan and Danny badier Rus and Ben Kennedy and the Gidley's and but I still think this fellow.
Speaker 3: Is up against him sign That's it.
Speaker 4: It's Andrew john said he never thought that he'd see a player a more important or a better signing than Ben Kennedy. Obviously won a competition with Ben Kennedy in two thousand and one, who was at one stage the game's premiere back rower, but he said now that he thinks, having watched Kayleen on Saturday night, that Kaylen's gone past him as the most as the best signing Newcastle has made in its history.
Speaker 2: Nathan Brown and Darren Murney got him there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, had big money for him off the back of not much at the Cowboys and then you know he's now the highest paid.
Speaker 3: Player in the game. Fascinating and his dad.
Speaker 2: Bull Dogs.
Speaker 3: Mate league man in regular league.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Andre gets his six percent.
Speaker 3: But I can't. What does it need? What does Kaylen need to do to.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Do you guys think he's the best sign and they've made or impacted Ben and Kennedy had in a time there to help him win a premiership? Does Kaylen need to get him too a Grand Final? They need to go deep into the finals? What's the vibe on.
Speaker 2: No, he's the most gifted player outside John's Andrew the impacted Definitely.
Speaker 1: The impact by the end of his career of what he's done at Newcastle I think will be decisive. But as far as I don't think there's a player of the talent of Ponger that they've recruited at.
Speaker 2: Their halves, Carger, Casland, Haystings for him to perform the way he does around those sort of directors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just very quickly.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you caught fox footy last night the AFL show, where our esteemed herald son colleague Mark Robinson said that in his lifetime he will see AFL overtake rugby League in New South Wales.
Speaker 2: Robbo needs to give himself an upper cut. Robot is having a lend of us, Yeah, and himself. That's outrageous, it is. It's never ever going to happen.
Speaker 1: Does he been to a GWS game eighteen thousand last week?
Speaker 2: There the creative counting, you know, because.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of mates who had multiple emails with ticket offers and whatever else.
Speaker 2: For the a f L have got a niche market in Sydney with eastern suburbs and mossman types, very high income people. Well, I live with the workers, the battlers down at the Shire where you are at Penrith and meet your bit suburban sort of bloke.
Speaker 3: Can't you out in St George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll never ever get that market there, never will.
Speaker 1: All forty thousand AFL fans in Sydney. You'll bit their CG on at the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they saw that that game and now and a half.
Speaker 3: They'll get more. They'll get more than what's the next door.
Speaker 2: I'd love to do a debate Robo about this. We should do a podcast with him.
Speaker 3: Well, can we wait?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Do we see the TV figures from the game?
Speaker 2: TV figures are terrible and.
Speaker 3: Sidney, you don't have to convince me. There's nothing for me.
Speaker 2: I think Robber.
Speaker 3: Oh, dear.
Speaker 4: Mick, you're gonna get ask some questions because there's a lot of questions, so we'll get through.
Speaker 2: Goes.
Speaker 4: Do you think Shark Park is a viable option to host NRL matches long term? We've had that conversation Simon. The Saturday Cap isn't working With just five clubs win in the last ten years. Young players smartly choose strong clubs. Is it time to have a draft system?
Speaker 2: Draft was hooked out of court? You know, I don't think it is. The bottom clubs have got to do what Canterbury did Canaba on there, they've shown you can do it without a draft.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be interesting how the Raiders go with the way they've recruited were really young. Over the next couple Yes, should John Ty? Should finals games be held at Alian's Combat or a corps for Sydney teams? Is it embarrassing for the NRL at some clubs as satisfied with having fifteen thousand crowds. The club need to get over the small minded mentality.
Speaker 2: Well, we've nearly discussed this too. I just want everyone on the same page with the same rules. You know, if you're a Sydney club, it might be an idea that some you know bring them all in together. Is their big stadiums, Like if you get parent Canterburys. We spoke about our call won't fit a met Yeah, so you play that coll so you wouldn't get if you had power or we we did.
Speaker 1: We had Penweth power first week of the finals a couple of years ago when it was packed out at Penny Park. Because you would have got you would have doubled that anywhere else.
Speaker 4: I think this is from Sam any word on Jonah Peazant going to the Knights n I think he Knights would love him, but I think he's going to.
Speaker 2: Because there I think he's signed a contract with an outclause if he stays, he gets to go.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: I think the young fullback too, who's the brilliant fullback far logo. Yeah, I think he'll do a similar deal. He'll stay but gets to get out of here. Well, perhaps is the one, isn't he? November one?
Speaker 4: Yep, Dom wants to know any news on Milford or valanced Varde. Milford was trying to get himTo the Super League. I think that's the only option for him now.
Speaker 1: Valance Valances is unsigned and been told that he's surplus to requirements and ben Teo, who is his Host Plus Cup coach, has been well, he's telling someone to have a crack at him. He says he's his commitment. In the last sort of three to four months, he's bounced back again. But same same deal as Shust You need to be you need to figure out if you want to be a committed first.
Speaker 4: Sounds like he's a guy that at best would get a train and trial with a club and see where it goes over summer. From the West Tigers, faithful thoughts on all the Tigers new signings. Can we expect the top eight push next year? And please tell bus to stop bagging us? On three sixty.
Speaker 3: Can you please stop bagging three straight wooden spoons.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to take Benji and Rich out of tities.
Speaker 3: And talk them through their plans. Yeah, we we have to go to yeah tradition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll do that.
Speaker 3: All sounds good. Get rid of We'll get rid of organized.
Speaker 2: They jump up the ladder a little bit, but they're not going to play finals for a little while yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Emails David, Is there anything better than the Sydney Rivalry semi finals game?
Speaker 3: Is anything better?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well, we spoke about how great power care.
Speaker 4: I think there will be some Queensland base that would love the old Cowboys and Broncos showdown for a few years.
Speaker 1: A outstanding even the Battle of the Beaches this weekend. You've had that much history of you know, Jared went from mainly the Roosters when Bozo went the other way and took all those players with him.
Speaker 3: That there's a real rivalry between these gods. I love it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of either team, but I love the rivalry. This was interesting.
Speaker 4: This is an email from Keith my local league club, Magpie's Watara pays the ten dollars towards any uber to go to and from a venue up to twice a day, right so on game day. This got me thinking, imagine if the NRL and New South Wales Rugby League were able to offer something similar for junior rugby league kids for training and game days. Parents often only have one car but multiple kids, and then our Uber Pathways program could be created. So I think that firstly, great initiative from the junior rugby league club to get that off the ground of the.
Speaker 2: License club there is it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's he's saying it's a license my local league club. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what the Leafs clubs doing they can afford to Yeah, because they're getting people in there to drink, eat and play pokies.
Speaker 3: It's a great initiative regardless they were gragging people.
Speaker 2: I don't think it ok pask plays mate, it'd be too dear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like it, and other league clubs in Sydney should look at doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but on football days if we can, If they can pare it up with the junior regular league initiative, I think he'd be outstanding, James.
Speaker 3: This could be for you, Buzz as a Sharks fan.
Speaker 4: The seemingly the relentless fashion of them by commentators, ex players and journalists is very frustrated. Looking back at the preseason predictions, very few had the Sharks finished in the eight, let alone top four. The Sharks proceeded to finish in the top four, surpassing all expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to remember top eight. And I want to applaud Greg Brandy Alexander as it's not the sort of bloke who wants to bag players, likes bagging players, but he's highly paid fox s hen pundit, and I congratulate him on saying without fear or favor what he really thinks, and it's very important.
Speaker 3: Mick Yep agreed Matt.
Speaker 4: After the high level of fan and media interest in the spoon Bowl, can you see the nil creating a spoon Ball final series when they expand to twenty This.
Speaker 1: Would be a lot Michael's thoughts on having a card of twenty teams. I don't mind Adam get a game, but I did think I was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I said her on here or not, but I did think that given the excitement around it, you just know Peter Landy's minds ticking over going Oh, how.
Speaker 2: Can you know what the promoters dream? You could put the bunker officials who've ever made the most they could do the game.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make it a complete worse with the worst players.
Speaker 1: But you do notice the Tigers as a club sort of leaned into it a little bit because it was their home game and they were selling out and there was a chance to avoid it and put on the power. The Eels wanted nothing with any promotion thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel de Melbourne have anyone significant possibly hitting the market November one? Doesn't sound like they have a whole heap of cap pressure they are dealing with. Do they just manage their cap better? Well, you mentioned that name.
Speaker 2: I think Wi to November one.
Speaker 3: He's got a club option which the club will take up.
Speaker 2: Now it's the player option. I saw PA on the I think it's wrong.
Speaker 3: It's sure, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was definitely on the NRL website, but it's it's it's a club option, so they're going to take that up. Harry Grant's got an option in his way as well, but I think he'll take that up and then try and renegotiate a new deal.
Speaker 1: So the big one and you've got Nelson there, which takes the spine plus Nelson.
Speaker 3: We did the rich one hundred recently.
Speaker 1: Their top five highest paid players that are in the top thirty seven ice paid players in the game.
Speaker 2: So they have that.
Speaker 1: They are meticulous in getting the other parts of their system right. And it's I mean, it's only a couple of decisions from getting something wrong.
Speaker 3: But at the moment they've haven't. They nailed it, Buzzy.
Speaker 4: And finally, if you're selecting the Kiwi Spine, who would it be for the Pacific Championships Spine?
Speaker 2: I should have done my homework on this. So the hooker is trying, here's half jermymish King. If he's fit, it would be my hooker. Who's Dylan Brown? No, no, he's born.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'd be fit with the partial great a cl of course, of course, yes, definitely out.
Speaker 2: Potentially, Yeah, he's unavailable, So it'll have to be two of.
Speaker 3: Us with us a shrek chance, it's all us. It's going to play for some I think, yes, chance, you know.
Speaker 2: All right? That us very quickly, do you know? I'm going to go and get some nice beef from beef Kebabs Tiarchi and on the barbecue.
Speaker 3: It'll be calling ready for some advice. A no, no, simple in our house to night's take of their taking bed spuds. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It'll be letting you do these spuds in the jacket.
Speaker 4: No, I don't need to be sturdays tonight will probably corn and roccolini and carrot.
Speaker 2: Where are your carbs, mate, to have cars?
Speaker 6: I get enough calves that way. Okay, we're doing for yes? Really, yes, your lovely cast.
Speaker 3: No, she's doing them tonight. So's the killer. It's been edible.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, management course idea.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it with d C D the headlock.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I think we should make that our cut and social seal mob sent to management.
Speaker 3: We'll talk you later. Thanks for stopping by.