Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 3: And I'm all right hey, and this is Heigh scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral or has you gripped, we're talking about it.
Speaker 3: And this week we're going trending, We're going viral, and we have you gripped with our shooting us pain, our Havianas and our across tea on.
Speaker 1: Me wearing no UNDI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've.
Speaker 3: Seen the broadcast channel on Instagram, you already know what's coming up today. But today's episode is a little different to our regular episodes that we usually do here. Not much tea from the internet, but lots of tea from Saturday night. We're going to take you behind the scenes of the Australian Commercial Radio Awards and all of the chaos that went down Saturday night. I think I should just shut up and let's get into it. Deal, mean do let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew Old, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, And isn't it a splendid morning today? Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: We've just come off the back of an eventful weekend at the Acress. I'll say, if you're in our High st Rollers broadcast channel on Instagram aka our Unhinged group Chat, you would have seen the night unfold. And if you're not in that group chat and you're listen to this pod, get the fuck over to Instagram and join it, because we've had a big one. We've let our hair down at the Acress on Saturday night and we let loose in the group chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which every time I told everyone, yeah, off to the Acress this weekend, they're like, what's that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's the Logis of the Radio World.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the Australian Commercial Radio Awards.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: We didn't win anything. I feel like I don't even want to talk about that. I just want to move on. Okay, next, we didn't win shit.
Speaker 2: Well, so much happened.
Speaker 3: I feel like this also, I feel like this should be a close friend's episode because like it's it got nothing to do with what's been happening on the.
Speaker 2: Internet, but we don't care. So we're just going to make it the main episode.
Speaker 1: Because we got so much to our pod we can do whatever we want.
Speaker 3: So we will start from the start because there's one thing I want to talk about, which we did put in the broadcast channel already, but I rocked up.
Speaker 2: You were staying at the Darling at the Star. How was that experience?
Speaker 1: By the way, well, really good, but I've noticed a few things. Okay about the hotel, I don't know. Do you want to talk about that now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, We've got to drag out the Acress. We'll get the juicy. We need our listener listeners to stay at the end.
Speaker 1: The Acress was at the Star Casino in Sydney, and so I thought, I'm just going to stay right there, like how bloody good. Convenient.
Speaker 2: Also two minutes away from here, so you were early tonight.
Speaker 1: Here in two second sales hour early anyway, really lovely hotel. Couldn't recommend it more. But just I got two things that I noticed, and one of them you saw as well, Matt. So Matt came to my room and we like got ready together. We went live on Instagram. It was so fun. First thing in the mini bar in the hotel room, we opened it up and because we wanted a little drinky, we opened it up and they had like a little Belvedere mini bottle, and so I pulled it out of the little slot because I wanted to read how many standard drinks It was like I wasn't doing it was one or two? And then on the like on the door of the mini bar fridge it says important automatic mini bar fully computerized. Every item you take out will immediately be charged to your account. And I'm like, oh shit, so like quickly put it back in. But this morning when I was checking out, like I've taken a few photos just you know, I'm gonna put them in our broadcast channel. It looks like a normal fuck and fridge. Yeah, so how could a fridge be computerized?
Speaker 3: Waited, and there's a little there should be a little tab at the back and once that tab lifts bear. Yeah, once that so when the bottles in there, the tabs down. So when you pull it out of the tab lifts and that charges you.
Speaker 1: So what if you're just like you just want to have a little look like I just wanted to look at the back of the Belvidere thing to see if it was like one standard drink or two.
Speaker 3: Like that sign needs to be on the front of the door. Yeah, not on the side of the door behind the Belvedere bottles. It's fine because we ended up drinking those anyway, so.
Speaker 1: We did, we did. But anyway, that's the first thing that I just wanted to comment. But like, I love the hotel and the other thing, which I know, I feel like every hotel does this. But so yesterday when we when I woke up because I stayed for two nights because I'm not fucking driving back to Newcastle in between, I was ordering breakfast on the room service app uh huh. You know, when you're getting room service at a hotel, why are the individual breakfast items so expensive? Give me an exam half an avocado six dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh that's rough.
Speaker 1: Two pieces of toast six dollars. You can get a loaf of bread for less than six dollars, like the whole fucking loaf. Bacon two pieces eight dollars, mushroom eight dollars.
Speaker 2: No, now that's a raw that one egg.
Speaker 1: Six dollars each. You can get a carton of eggs for less than six bucks, Like, I don't I don't get it. If you make your own breakfast, like a build your own breakfast at a hotel, why is it going to cost one hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: That's business baby.
Speaker 1: And then there's like a room service charge on top of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See that's they're playing silly buggers with that. And then and then on top of that the I remember I said, at a hotel, where was it? Perhaps Adelaide, And it was like the service for the uh for them to bring it up. But then it was also like fifteen percent on top four Sunday surcharge. And then also because I had ordered it after ten pm, there was a late night searcharge of ten percent egg pulling my legs six dollars, yeah, six dollars for an eggs rough.
Speaker 1: So they're my two concerns I had with the hotel.
Speaker 2: But it was stunning.
Speaker 1: The hotel was stunning. I would definitely stay there again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just take a packed lunch because the room SEPs is too much. But anyway, the point is we were talking about the hotel because as soon as I walked in, you were checking in it at reception yeah, just had my facial just had my hair done. I was ready for the red carpet, and I was getting ready with you at the hotel checking in.
Speaker 2: I look down and what do I see? Dunt dunt dune. Brittany is wearing none other on her feet than the one and only Havianas. And you've got them on again today. Do so I have to.
Speaker 1: Take back what I said a while ago, very me. Yeah, So a while ago I was ranting about songs and how I fucking hate them. Now, look, I will say I still don't know if I think I still hate them, just in a trial phase. I'm in a trial period because after that rant about thongs in general and how I think they ruin every outfit. But I do want to say, if you've been casual or going to the beach or on holidays, that thongs are fine. Okay, I just want to put that out there. Havevianas or however you say, Haveviana's right. They have come out with a square toe song, so that's a little bit more chic. And I've seen all the girlies on TikTok styling these square Havianas and I'm like, maybe they're cute because the round nut can't get behind that. So anyway, I was influenced by the influencers of TikTok and I purchase a pair of square havianas I've got them on right now, I still feel like they look derrow right. But maybe I'm not in the right outfit. I think you have to wear like a really chic, elevated but basic outfits. I've got jeans in the top on today. But yeah, I did buy them. I don't know if I love them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love a song I am a you like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, I will say I can definitely get behind the square toe better than a round toe.
Speaker 2: Soong tell you what when I went up to when I went camping.
Speaker 3: Which, oh, we haven't spoken about that either. Oh, this is a close friend's main episode. Sorry, I went camping as your soul. You would have seen the vlog on my socials and things. Fabulous time, great company, camping not for me. Could never do it again. But as I said, you know, it's my friend's thirtieth birthday. We've been friends for like twenty five stupid amount of time, twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: It's weird, by the way, when you say things like that, does it make you realize how long you've lived when you say I've had a friend for twenty five years? Like, because in my mind, I'm not twenty five.
Speaker 3: No, actually I'm lying. It wasn't twenty five because we were what were when we met?
Speaker 2: Eight? How old am I?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Twenty two years or something? Anyway, it's her thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 3: Wherever she decides to go on, whatever she decides to do, I'm obviously going to do it. So I went there with bells on, ready for it. And I actually had a very camp time camping. But fuck, next time, I need like a winter bago. I can't do the on the ground sticks and rocks in a sleeping bag vibe. Can't do that again. But it was nice. It was very humbling. It was so nice to be somewhere with no reception either.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was quite fun.
Speaker 1: See I've only been camping once when I was oh maybe like nine or ten, went to Koala Shores. It was called somewhere north of Newcastle, and I loved it. But I got knits. Oh nice, I got nits. So I was there with my dad and my step mom and all of us kids.
Speaker 2: Got nits pouring petrol on your head.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I got sent home to my mom's halfway through the camping trip. Mom must have dealt with the knits, and then I went back to camping like I went home, and I think shaz like fucking took all the nits out that I went back care camping. That's the only time. But I really want to go again. But then after you saying that you didn't love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think you just need it's just because I stayed in a tent. I'd also I've never been camping in my life, and if I have, it was with the boys from soccer and we go on, you know, camping at the end of the soccer season, and you know, my mum would always be like, well, we'll stay in a cabin, darling, and they can all stay in their tents, and my mom was like, oh, we'll borrow some and So's caravan and sleep in that for the weekend. So I've never actually like roughed it. And this this camp's I had no running water and no reception as well on top, so it's like it was really kind of like off grid. But everyone there was so shocked that I had never slept in a tent before in my life. And also at the end, everyone was like, so do.
Speaker 2: You like love camping? Now? Are you ready to go camping? All the time I said fuck no.
Speaker 3: For a fortieth I hope we've got a fucking Thailand because I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: But of course forty.
Speaker 3: But of course if she does, I know Ashley actually listens to the pod. So if you do want to go camping again, Darling, I will be there with bells on it. I will show up for you. But my vote is, you know, Thailand, Vietnam, Let's do something something like that. But yeah, I had a camp time anyway. The reason I brought that up is because I had to buy a pair of thongs because I've now evolved. I'm definitely acting thirty. Which, by the way, everyone, it is my birthday month, so say happy birthday or you're getting blocked.
Speaker 1: Oh excuse me. Can we just all take a moment to remember the fact that you forgot my fucking birthday this year? If anyone didn't hear that episode, Matt just fully skipped over my birthday this year.
Speaker 2: I haven't said that since anyway.
Speaker 1: I feel like if that was the other way around, and I'd forgotten your birthday. Yeah, you would bring it up every week on the pot And you're having a birthday party three hours drive from fucking Newcastle. So guess who's driving six hours there and back to go to your birthday lunch?
Speaker 3: And what did you do for your birthday? Maybe if you'd invited me, I would have remembered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, I didn't do anything for my birthday this year that mine.
Speaker 2: Anyway, The point is camping. What did I forget? Thongs?
Speaker 3: So I had no thongs? So I had to walk around in like joggers, and then that got annoying. And then we went to the beach and I had to go barefoot. But there was like a few hundred meter walk to the beach through like bush and I was like, I mean they're gonna step on a stick or a snake. So I was like, So I was like, I need to buy some songs. So we went into town the next morning, went into town. Listen to me, Oh my god, I know all the lingo. Forty minutes up the ride into town. Still no reception, but they had some thongs. But at the like little convenience store there, just the one and their massage thongs, so they got they got bumps on the bot so they massaged my feet as I were, Oh my god, they're gorgeous.
Speaker 1: What are they called, you know, the cream ones with the strap over your foot and then they're all like bumpy. What are they called? Mass Is it mass sewers?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Love those but they're similar to those, but yeah, love it. I forget where I was going that anyway. Back to the acres. We check in, we get ready, all everything's fun and feeling over. People come, we have a few drinks. That's right, That's where I was going with this, you.
Speaker 1: Know, drunk in the room before we even left.
Speaker 3: I keep in mind, I had a busy day of facials and hair appointments, so I didn't eat anything pretty much all day beforehand because I was just running around.
Speaker 1: And that was our biggest mistake.
Speaker 3: I've told you before when on days went, I'm a bit nervous, like I just don't have an appetite, so I forget to eat anything, and so me having hardly anything to I think I had breakfast and I had a protein shake. Okay, not enough anyway, not enough to have as many cocktails as we did. Before we even hit the fucking red carpet.
Speaker 2: We ordered to the.
Speaker 3: Room, which was nice, Thank you, Brittany, and they brought what Lachie martinis and a passion fruit for Colimbs.
Speaker 1: So I would recommend the passion fruit martini if you ever stay at the Darling.
Speaker 3: The Lachie one was great as well. It was like it blew my head off, it was so strong. Anyway, then all the Nova team show up and I'm already fucking wasted in heels in address, hanging out. It's all happening, and I don't know. I was just feeling myself, you know, Kylie was playing. We had kind of a no gone bit of Chapel having good time, and then all of a sudden it was like, right, everyone, I've got to go now now now. So I've then taken the rest of my life to Martin ingom. I'm not wasting this through the whole thing back which also someone offered me a champagne and I thought I'd just throw it in there, so it was also champagne there, So anyway, it was all wrong.
Speaker 2: And then we get to the red carpet.
Speaker 3: I am seeing stars baby on another planet, honestly, you.
Speaker 1: Seemed fine, though I will say.
Speaker 3: I've watched the videos. Babe, I don't know what planet you were on, but I was on fucking Jupiter.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't see straight.
Speaker 3: And then what's so random is so one of the photographers who does all the red carpets, basically he's very lovely, love him, and he randomly was like, oh, yes, you look so good. Come through here, like pulls the rope from the red carpet, and suddenly I'm off halfway down the red carpet. I'm now off the red carpet over on this random wall, doing like a photo shoot, like climbing the wall, gecko doing all these.
Speaker 1: Id is that at one when I'm like, what is Matt to, He's.
Speaker 2: Going hands over here, hands over here. I don't know, I don't know. I don't even think Hannah.
Speaker 3: Was getting on my bts for me, and I think I don't even know whether she knew where I went. It was just so random. I couldn't see a thing, and He's going look this way, look this way, look this way.
Speaker 2: And I'm going, oh my god, if I turned my head anymore, I'm going to vomit. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Back on the Red Carpet? Finished the whole thing in We Get Brittany, how was your experience on the Red Carpet Because you didn't.
Speaker 2: Wear any undies or a brah and you had a see through.
Speaker 1: His dress, it all went wrong? Okay, So Matt and I were live on my Instagram getting ready in the room, which was so fun going, like we just did our makeup.
Speaker 3: I said, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to get my makeup done in half an hour. Like I was like, okay, I'm doing this in half an hour. Every interruption that could have happened happened on that life. Yeah, And so then I got ready and I finished, and you were doing your makeup on the live. So then I thought I'm just gonna get dressed. So I got dressed and then I showed everyone my dress on the live and then everyone's like it's see through, like we can see your undies and your bum crack, and I'm like, fucking great. I don't have any like spanks or anything. I can't wear spanks because it hurts my back. Does anyone else have that? Because I think it's like the tightness My back aches, so I just can't do spanks. But it was definitely the kind of dress that I didn't know that it was see through. I tried it on at home like one night, so I didn't notice it was see through. So anyway, I've basically flashed my nipples and my ass crack on Instagram Live, which we didn't even care because we had so many trees so that I had like neutral undies on you could see them through it like a g string, but everyone could see it. So then MAPS going, now go put the black undies on so that I'm changing into my black undies come back on the live show. Everyone I was like, nah, we can steal steck.
Speaker 2: That was worse. The butt crack was worse with the black, and so then.
Speaker 1: It was just this big thing on the Instagram Live. Meanwhile there's like five or six hundred people.
Speaker 2: Watching, and then we voted and undies. Everyone went no undies, so.
Speaker 1: I wore no undies to the acres and then I was so worried, like it was fine, like you could still see my bum crack regardless, because you can't hide your bum crack no matter what color undies you got on. But then I was really nervous that we were going on the red carpet, it was going to be flash photography and my dress is fucking see through.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Luckily the dress on the front, lower part, it had like this tie feature, so that was like covering the lower region. And then it was like a strapless dress with like a fold over my boobs. But if that crept up, which it was creeping up all the time, you know what, off the shoulder things alike, you could see my nips. So I was just going onto that red carpet so worried that I was going to get a flash photo and you're going to see my nipples.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But I think it was fine.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I think everyone was distracted by my balls hanging out.
Speaker 1: Good Somewhere out there on the internet is photos of your balls hanging below your address and mine nipples shining through mine. God trust us.
Speaker 3: A room full of professional es themed guests, you know, Radygo Royalty in the room, and here we are on the red carpet with our private parts on display for everyone.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't make this shit up, can you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But it was fun. And then at the end of the red carpet, probably the highlight. One of the highlights of my nights was I saw this lady, this woman, and I thought she was on the Saddle Club. I think it was Lisa from the Saddle Club for any of you that watched it. She came over and was talking to some people that I was talking to, and then I was like hello, like nice to meet you, blah blah blah, said you were on the Saddle Club and she was like, oh yeah. And so I had like a fango moment with the girl that plays Lisa on This was Lisa on the Saddle. Yeah, the brunette one with the middle part in like a pony, And that was just the highlight of my night. Got a selfie with her, but not on my phone. It was on her phone. So I'm gonna have to hunt that down and get her to send it to me so I can put it in our broadcast channel. But I just had a fangirl moment met her, and yeah, the red carpet was fine.
Speaker 2: The red carpet was good.
Speaker 3: Now when we get in to the actual acras ceremony, we sit down, the drinks are flowing. I'm now on the Savvy Bees. I think I knocked back about twelve, and it.
Speaker 1: Was one of those events where there was no bar, like the waiters just kept coming around with like the red, the white, and the sparkling and they were the only options as well, which is so dangerous. So yeah, we were on the savvy bes.
Speaker 2: We will talk as well. We got a three course meal entree pork belly o.
Speaker 1: My entree grata. You know how you usually go to those events in like a big events thing and it's like chicken and steak, but they're like gross. The food was fucking phenomenal.
Speaker 3: The mains were We both had steaks, didn't we And there's also salmon as well, but I don't like salmon.
Speaker 2: I don't eat seafoods.
Speaker 1: See well mine was salmon.
Speaker 2: But swapped it with the girl next ye yeah, whichause they.
Speaker 1: Weren't there yet, so I just did a quick swap and gave her the salmon.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the steak was oh delicious and whatever that little there was like a baked kind of like either potaotato with a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of some sort of something on choco.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Oh, it was just beautiful really, I mean, and for an event like that where you're serving what it would have been like a thousand people in the room. You reckon like to serve that and get the food so right and fabulous. Oh, the steak was jersey that whatever that potato thing was, ate it up. And then dessert was little like Lemington's. I think I had a vanilla Leamington.
Speaker 1: See I didn't have any of those.
Speaker 3: Oh I had three, so they were gorgeous. And then of course sinking back all the drinks. They had all these performances. I'm up dancing. Everyone ever run around me until the last performance. So there were like two performances. I was up dancing, no one else in the room up dancing. I'm going to get up. I'm literally telling people get up.
Speaker 2: I'm that person going get out your seats.
Speaker 3: And then by the end there was like a rock band at the end, so everyone had had like a lot of drinks. Were called the Screaming Jets. I have no clue who they are, but I was so drunk. I knew every word the.
Speaker 1: Forming Newcastle all the time at pubs.
Speaker 3: Probably, so then everyone was up and I'm swinging my napkin round and everything. I've had to walk into nov today and like I was ready to apologize for my actions, but everyone's like, no, you were so fun, and I'm like, thank god, because it's a fine line to walk, isn't it. But anyway, and then after the acres, we went downstairs to the after party, yes.
Speaker 1: Which was in the old Marquee nightclub. It's closed down, and that just went from zero to one hundred as well.
Speaker 3: Fuck so fast.
Speaker 1: You don't understand, like all of a sudden, this nightclub was pumping. Matt was like, we got the booth right at the front next to the DJ. Matt was doing a performance for the whole club.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's because you have to understand. We went from like a sit down awards ceremony, which I will also give the actress credit that it was very fast, like it.
Speaker 2: Didn't drag on.
Speaker 3: It was like here are the dominatus, here's the winner, onto the next one. Here at the dominus, here's the winner. There was no no one was. There was like one or two awards who got to do a speech, but the rest kind of like took a photo backstage and just got on stage to get their award. So to go, from the actress where we're sitting down having a three course meal straight into Marquee, which, by the way, everyone goes straight down. So like as soon as we walked in, we were one of the first to walk in, but within thirty seconds it was that capacity.
Speaker 1: Like a DJ I fucking happening.
Speaker 2: It's all going off. I don't know what's happened to me.
Speaker 3: I'm like at the front of the DJ deck, you know, dancing going crazy, and Kyli Minogue comes on, Well, I've gone sick, haven't I.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, I'm in the dress and the heels. I better get up.
Speaker 1: We do videos and say put this in the broadcast channel, so you'll find all the videos if you want to see our entire night. It is documented in that broadcast channel. Embarrassingly, I haven't watched any of them back.
Speaker 2: No I did. We're fine, Oh okay.
Speaker 3: A few people were like in the broadcast and we're like, oh, this is a real close friends story. Oh no, this will get deleted in the morning. A lot of people saying, hopefully none of this gets deleted.
Speaker 2: We have no shame.
Speaker 1: No, it's we get drunk, leave me alone. Exactly right.
Speaker 2: It was our night off and we never get to do things like that.
Speaker 1: So it was fun, good time.
Speaker 2: No, none of it's getting deleted.
Speaker 3: And then Marquee okay, so after party was fun, Camp did a little performance. Then we were like, let's bounce because we'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which it's my biggest regret, oh.
Speaker 3: Really, because you have to understand that, like the after party is full of like, you know, industry people, so it's like their chance to have their night out as well. And I was like, I didn't want to be the attacking influencers who were just like in the DJ booths being like hi. So I was like, I think we just wrap it up and let the Nova team, you know, have fun together because they never get to do that. So we bounced, and I thought it was a good decision, but Brittany did not.
Speaker 1: No, that's my only one regret. I just wish I stayed at the after party longer. But I didn't want to leave you because Okay, so all fucking week Matt had been so excited to go clubbing with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, because all year we've been trying.
Speaker 1: To Yeah see, But I think the thing that did it for me was in between us leaving the acres and getting to the club and getting in the club. It was like a two hour window. No yeah, no, yeah no, because no, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, your timing's way off, So it was like an hour no.
Speaker 1: We left the acres at like ten and we.
Speaker 2: Didn't get No, it was eleven. I told Toby to come at eleven.
Speaker 1: No, ten thirty.
Speaker 3: No, I'm getting the text message. Okay, you're wrong, seriously.
Speaker 1: It was ten thirty and then he didn't get there too. A tiny bit after anyway, because we were all dressed up, we went back to my hotel room. Matt had a full fucking shower. I took my hair out because it was in a really formal hairstyle, and then it was just a downhill slope for me. From there, we waited for Toby. He came, then we all got Nanuba, we went to see one of his friends. Then we finally got to this club and it was Charlie XCX night, right really exciting, like love Charlie XCX and the whole brat thing. So it was Brat Knight. Apparently Matt always gets VIP entry into this club because he's got like a membership or whatever. But then because it was Charlie XCX night, we couldn't get the VIP entry and it was so busy, mind you, mad As saying to me, I've never seen this place this busy.
Speaker 3: So apart from like Marti Guan, but I just need a post pandemic. It used to be like that all the time, right, but post pandemic like no, you there's never a line.
Speaker 1: Like ah, so then we okay. Also, it's freezing all of a sudden, and so we're waiting in the freezing for like fucking twenty minutes to get into the club, and you know when it's just like, oh, I'm just I can't, like I'm in this line, I'm fucking freezing. It's been like over an hour since we left the after party. To me, like the night has just got to keep going like bang bang bang. If you slow down then I'm done. Right, So we finally got in.
Speaker 2: I love a break, I love intermission.
Speaker 1: Now I've got to keep going. And so we get in finally after like twenty minutes of waiting outside, which is fine, Like good on them for having such a busy night. I've never seen so many people in a club in my whole fucking life. It's in there. There's good music playing, like all Charlie XCX music. But it's like people if they were like a can of sardines, you know, when your shoulders are never not being bashed by someone else's shoulders and you can't walk a step, like you actually have to barge through people. It was like that, and I'm like, no, this is a fucking disaster.
Speaker 2: Which is so funny because I'm loving.
Speaker 1: That, oh, having the time of your life. And they're like, come on, let's get up on this stage. There's like six hundred people on this tiny little stage. We get up there and I'm like, I'm just fucking done, and it's just like I can't explain to you, like how many people were in this night club, Like your shoulders are constantly touching someone else's and because everyone's dancing, it's just like you're getting bashed from side to side. Yes, I will say, though I've never really been to a club like that, Like would you say it's just a gay club, Like I've never really been to like a gay club, or maybe I have, but not, Like I got busy and big, and I will say the one thing that I loved was just like how everyone just seemed to not care and they were all just having a really good time. It is so different. Yeah, and I can fully like mentally, I was just sober and ready to go to bed. But I did love like looking around, like there was like a cage across from us. We were on this stage and there was the cage. There was just a guy in him, just undies and he was just swinging off the cage, dancing like he was in his own music video. Yeah, and I was like fucking oath and everyone was just like having a good time. I met a couple of people like you're the fake girl, and I thought that was really cool. But it was just so good, and it was just so different to like a regular club where they'd be like straight guys and whatever. Yeah, like that's what I did really like to see just everyone just letting their hair down having fun. Everyone was dancing, no one cared, people had no clothes on, like it was just I loved that and I wish I could have longer. But it got to a point where the shoulder barging, like and just getting knocked around, Like if you're not fully into it, then it's just not enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just got to embrace it, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm already like two hours sober by this point.
Speaker 2: Oh you were not. I not a drink. They've got a bar.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty people deep. I wasn't gonna they.
Speaker 2: Moved quickly there though I know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just so it got to like one fifteen or something and I was like, I'm gonna go. Matt, you stay, Toby, you stay, so off I went went home, had a shower, best decision ever. Nice, Yeah, but you stayed out.
Speaker 3: Oh and we had the best night, Like we actually were like that was one of the best nights we've ever had out in such a long time because we literally stayed till closed, which is so embarrassing. The DJ was so good though, like the music just we kept kind of saying like, oh, you know, when a shit song comes home, we might we might leave, And then.
Speaker 2: That just never happened.
Speaker 1: The lights time on.
Speaker 2: It had been there.
Speaker 3: When the lights come on and they say everybody out, I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And then we were like we're not done, like we want.
Speaker 3: To go somewhere else, which we we couldn't find anywhere open, but we we wanted to like keep going, Like I was like, why not, so Yeah, it was all the savvy bees keeping me and the light chi martinis and the champagne and the vodka climb sodas and the vocal lemonades and the vodka cokes.
Speaker 1: See, look, at least we can say we've been like out clubbing together. But I think I've just come to the realization that I am just retired from clubbing. But I will say as well, like that place was like hectically busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a very very busy night and the different levels and everywhere's full.
Speaker 2: But even on a like regular night, like.
Speaker 3: It's still very similar to that, Like it's it's there's still a lot of people and there's still the shoulder bumping. But I think it's just like about you know how your your attitude like towards that. Like I think if you weren't done, and you were in a better mood, like you would have just embraced the.
Speaker 1: Like I went back to the room, there was that hour of like showering and whatever. I was just done, and it just it just makes me.
Speaker 2: Imagine me going and shoulder barging in that dress and heels.
Speaker 1: I had to get you, did you did? I think for me, my ideal night is going out for a five thirty dinner and having one cocktails, great food, good company, and then staying there having more cocktails, then going to like a little bar cocktail lounge kind of thing and just sitting down. There might be a mini dance floor, you know, when a couple people get up, and then being home by midnight. That is my ideal good night.
Speaker 2: I can't relate. I want to be swinging from the roof, you know.
Speaker 3: I want to be in a cage, naked boys around me in the undies. You know.
Speaker 1: I might even go to a pub, like just sitting at the drinking all night on the bar.
Speaker 3: I want to lay on the bar shots. What do you call it when your body shots?
Speaker 1: Let's go find me at the bowling sitting outside having drinks. That's me, That's who I am.
Speaker 2: I've decided different strokes, different strokes.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. That's a that's fun. I was just about to wrap up, but we haven't done a royal flush. We should probably get up. We should probably do something related to the Internet in this episode. So it's time for our Royal Flush of the week.
Speaker 2: Please please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. What have you got for me this week? Wait? What if I got? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: God? For God? I wrote this? Okay?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I saw a TikTok my royal flush of the week.
Speaker 3: It's actually a bit of a conversation starter, and I mean, we've been pretty rogue in this episode already, so we may as well continue the fact. But I've got a question for you. When you get your period, do you get shooting ass pain?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I've seen everyone talking about this, and I like, luckily I've never experienced this shooting ass pain. But I've seen a lot of people talking about period and like the shooting pains. Okay, I will say that you do get period poos and they're just like explosive, whoa.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I've.
Speaker 1: Never experienced a shooting.
Speaker 2: Pain, and I do have a different opinion.
Speaker 1: You look like pains up your ass, Hannah.
Speaker 2: Do you get the shooting pains in your ass?
Speaker 1: No? She's saying, no, Do you want to go.
Speaker 2: Google girls shooting pain, shooting ass pain period?
Speaker 3: Because the reason I bring this up is I saw a TikTok, Right, So I've known that, like it's a common thing for people who get a period to have shooting us pain, which is a shooting pain in the asshole and no explanation to it. Nothing, but but I thought it was just something that came along when you had your period.
Speaker 2: It Well, I saw a TikTok.
Speaker 3: From someone that said, I just found out the boys experience shooting ass pain as well, and my life has changed forever. And then I'm reading all these comments from like straight men who are like, I can't believe there are other men like me who also get shooting ass pain. I'm just gonna say, I've never had shooting ass pain in my life, but fuck, am I missing out?
Speaker 2: I was hoping you could like take me through.
Speaker 1: I've had a talking about it on TikTok recently as well, but I've never experienced out of my period. I definitely get like bad period pains and everything, but never up the ass.
Speaker 2: Okay says it causes the pelvic floor to go back down.
Speaker 3: What does that say, go Google girl, causes muscles in the pelvic floor to contract assaulting in pelvic pain.
Speaker 1: On I get really bad lower back pain, like right in my lower back. And I'll tell you a great hack for all of you out there who do get a period, and if you get really bad lower back pain, I lay on the ground on my stomach and then I make AJ sit on my like lower lower backslash bum and just the pressure of AJ with his full weight sitting on my back and then my stomach like pressing into the hard ground. Get him to do that for ten minutes and then the pains are gone. And every month I'm like, can you please sit on my back? And he's like, for fuck sake, yeah.
Speaker 3: My back is like constantly fucked at the moment. But it's probably because I swing from the roof and dance any cage with anyway. But Sky and I have been doing couple stretches recently, so he, you know, holds onto my leg while he hangs off the edge of the bed to stretch his back, and then I'm in like the fetal position with my arms out holding his arms.
Speaker 1: He's like me stretching like all the time. I never do fucking stretches, but then I see those videos. It's like, here's the stretches you should do every day, and there's like so many benefits.
Speaker 3: There's a real good one where he sits cross to stretch him. He sits no it's yes. He sits cross legged on the floor and then I'm on the bed with my legs on his legs, and then I pull his arms up above his head, so my feet are like pushing down on the bottom half of him, but pulling the top half up right, and it stretches out his back and realigns it. It's a really good one because I've done that one too, and that just sets me right. But anyway, well that was a bit of a foil of a royal flush. But I was going to talk about shooting ass pain, but no one in the building has had it. So Scrollers, if you've had shooting ass paint, keep the conversation going in our Scrollers group chat plays.
Speaker 2: We'll have like a little you know, as we do each week.
Speaker 1: You know, we forgot that last week.
Speaker 2: Oh the episode thread.
Speaker 3: Yeah sorry sorry, but yeah, when we put the episode thread in, just give us. Look, I'd love some stories. I have you ever had shooting ass pain while driving? And what's happened there? When's the most awkward time you've had shooting us pain?
Speaker 2: You know? How has you know?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine your wedding day and you're trying to do your bows and you've got shooting ass pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's a real.
Speaker 3: Pandemic out there. Anyway, that's my flush. It was a bit of a fail, but we're moving on to yours now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well my royal flush. It's just this lady on TikTok that I saw. Her name is Nicole's. She looks like she's a nurse. I don't know, she's in scrubs or something. Mum of eight kids, fucking says it in her bio and registered nurse. So she posted a rant on the weekend about KFC.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Listened to this. Sorry, Nicole, I'm calling you out.
Speaker 4: I'm so fucking angry. CAFC make my blood boil.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, it's just AFC, Like really, I wish this was the problem that I had.
Speaker 2: I love that I know exactly where this is going.
Speaker 4: We don't get CAFC very often, but Hot and Spicy is out and it is one of my favorite things in the whole world.
Speaker 1: And if you live in Australia, well in.
Speaker 4: Melbourne, you'll know that Hot and Spicy is not on their regular menu, so it comes out maybe two or three times a year. So I thought, okay, Friday night, who will get KFC?
Speaker 1: The way she's breathing like she is really fucking raled up over there.
Speaker 4: I walked in that at twenty five past five. My receipt says I ordered at five thirty. I said, can I have the giant feast or with a hot and spicy?
Speaker 1: The way she's like like she's by the way, she's like outside in the car, when.
Speaker 2: As like, wait, we'll get to the end, but I'm thinking of something. We'll say it at the end.
Speaker 1: Keet going did fifteen minutes, Oh no, not fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: For the order a.
Speaker 2: Giant feat It was like, what do you want it? In thirty seconds? You're gonna have raw chicken, babe, Like you gotta be in there.
Speaker 4: The young girl passed me in my order and I said, oh, is it all hot and spice? She just said yes, your bed. I said, look, I'm just gonna check it because we live half an hour away and every time I order it's wrong. What do you know, open it up. It's all original chicken. And I said to her hot and spicy. She turned around and looked at the chicken and said, oh, we don't have any hot and spicy at the moment, I said.
Speaker 2: So you so that's cooked. You know, I'm with her so far.
Speaker 1: She should have said, like the person should have said we don't have any Hot and Spicy when she ordered.
Speaker 3: And also like for that girl to be like it's to say, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the correct thing, lazy.
Speaker 2: So right now I'm on her side.
Speaker 4: Fucking packed my order.
Speaker 1: She's wading there was no Hot and Spicy you ordered.
Speaker 4: I mean you packed it as original and you gave it to me without saying anything. And she's like, oh, I said, get the manager.
Speaker 2: Not get them.
Speaker 4: Mar did you come and said, oh, there's a twenty minute way on Hot and Spicy. I said, that's fine, as long as it's correct. Twenty minutes went past. I stood up and I went to the counter and I said, how much longer I am the Hot and Spicy? Mind you, by this time the place was packed. There's about twenty more people in there.
Speaker 1: And the younger to fucking speed this up, honestly, okay, goes Oh, it's up, and.
Speaker 4: I said the many times over, I said, I need someone to pack that ording out to be meeting. Wait it's too fast, Yeah, goes by, and the manager's like, oh, calling out these numbers. Oh, I've done that one. You packed that one, and I've done that one. I said, so who's doing my order? And one of the kids goes I am.
Speaker 3: I said, okay, call yeah, Look, I'm I just want to say.
Speaker 2: That I'm like laughing with her, not at her, like I'm not.
Speaker 3: She's actually the most theatrical like storyteller that this is like.
Speaker 1: He's really dragging it out, like I'm.
Speaker 2: Just really enjoying listening for your misfortune is.
Speaker 4: Packing someone else's order? And he calls out someone else's number and I said.
Speaker 1: When next year? That's a bit rude, and he walked off.
Speaker 4: So then he comes back with my order and I said, it's still wrong.
Speaker 1: There's no popcorn chicken in there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I said, go get the manager.
Speaker 1: Not go and get them the manager.
Speaker 4: The manager comes back and said, what are you going to do about this? I said, this is fucking ridiculous. I said, every single time we order from here, it's wrong, and we don't see this.
Speaker 1: What gets me, like, every single time we order from here, it's wrong. Why do people keep going back to the same place? Right, Like, especially like me being in business, I've had people, let's say, going to a Fate store and maybe whoever was working was having a shit day and they didn't get greeted by like my fate employee. Like you know, people will go out of their way to contact me and say, I went into your store and I was ignored, and I've never gone back there again. And I feel like those people would never come back to a Fate store again. But why is it with fast food places that people are constantly let down? Like you know, when you go to Macca's and the soft serve machine isn't working, or the milkshake maga is fucking broken, why do people keep going back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, when I worked at McDonald's, I actually found out that eighty five percent of it, I think it was like eighty six point three percent of people who say I will never come back here come back to the store and purchase again.
Speaker 2: When it comes to.
Speaker 1: I don't get why people can't come back if you constantly let down.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually God, we don't have time to get into this, but I think it's a much deeper conversation around the fact that society thinks that people who work in fast food restaurants are just lesser human beings than other people, so they can get treated differently. Like her, just one issue and straight away going get the manager after one issue, Like I wouldn't ask for a manager unless, like until the third thing has been wrong, and you know, I probably still wouldn't ask for a manager because I trust that the person serving me can actually do their job, because, like I just I just have such a problem with one the way that people treat fast food workers and the notion that they're like the dumbest people when reality is, when I worked at McDonald's, I was working with really smart people who were paying their way through university and things like that.
Speaker 2: Because obviously I'm on day shift.
Speaker 3: I mean the high school kids that are fourteen and they don't know how to put two chips together to make a meal. Sure, I get that, but that's the other thing is like you're yelling at like a fifteen year old, Like, how does that make you feel good?
Speaker 1: We're only like halfway through the ramp. It keeps going on.
Speaker 2: I'll fuck her off, I'm for it. Is there anything else? She says? That's well, She goes on.
Speaker 1: To talk about like the training of the staff and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, play it, We'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 4: I got out of it and it's like, oh, sorry, I do appreciate your patience.
Speaker 1: I did I have money?
Speaker 4: Oh no, what do you say? I have coached my worker to triple check for the orders and I said, yeah, but you've coached them and it's still wrong. The second time, it's like, well, what would you want me to say to want a refund? So okay, so I'm still taking my food. I was so angry, and I'm not normally an angry person. It just boils my blood. And by the time I got out of there, as I said, there was about twenty more people waiting. There was about ten people just scrolling on their phone will and really quite happy to wait. The other ten people look like they're gonna punch someone out. Seriously. Oh my gosh, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: Even in the end, it's like, what would you like me to do with it?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 4: Well, what can you?
Speaker 1: What can you do? I just don't get this. So I feel like this video is my anti Royal flash. I just saw this, and I get it. It's frustrating if you're going somewhere and they get your order wrong. But secondly, like if this is your only problem that you have in the world, Like why are you jumping on social media to rant about this? Like it sounds like she got exactly what she wanted, she got a refund, she got out of there, and she's gonna go back again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so why go back another time?
Speaker 1: I know? So why the massive ran And then the comments are very mixed, like someone says, let's abuse fast food workers. What a fantastic attitude.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I just feel like it's I think it's got a lot to do as well. Drive through it's a real big one, like the you know, talking over the speaker, Like people they don't see your face to begin with, so they haven't made a connection with you, so they think they can be rude to you. And then they get to the window. They're in the comfort of their car, so they feel secure because they feel safe and secure driving their own vehicle, so they can say whatever they want to you at the drive through window. But also it's just like I'm so sorry, but like if not getting a piece of fucking cheese on your cheese burger, or like you've asked for no pickles and it comes with a pickle is the worst thing that ever happened to you in your make your own food at home babe, Like it's I mean, and I so get it from the customer's perspective as well, that like you'd expect that everyone can do their job properly to we're all fun. Make sure then everyone's human, which I can understand because from working there, it's actually not hard to read the instructions, Like if a burger comes through and says no pickles, why am I getting a pickle? So when I get a burger with a pickle on it and I've asked for no pickle, you know, I'm usually like that's annoying because I know how easy it is to actually follow what's coming through. So I get it, But like, I'm not gonna throw the fucking burger at the manager and scream at people and ask for a refund and demand.
Speaker 1: Bloody humans a remake. My thing is if you've been that let down so many times before, yeah, don't fucking go back. Yeah, don't fucking go back. So it's my anti royal flush.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I get riled up. I could talk about this all day, but we need to wrap it up. We've got to wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Well, that's another episode done with us With Matt, it wasn't much of an episode.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoyed the ares, the acress chat. Maybe in Close Friends we can talk about some trending things.
Speaker 2: From the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might have to do that now anyway.
Speaker 3: Rate five stars, follow us everywhere, love your scrollers, Thanks for listening, Thanks for joining us once again. We'll see you on Friday for an episode of Close Friends. Anyway, Love, better let you go. Wait I said anyway, Love, that's not right. Fuck, I'm still drunk. Anyway, darl I better let you go. My god, I've got shooting us pain found by the blame