Speaker 1: Apogee Production. Welcome to the Sheep Risers Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana. This podcast is about female empowerment.
Speaker 2: And encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode guys todaybe are we talking about feeling stuck the thing unfulfilled, Like you're not making progress and you're just in a bit of a rut, which we have all being through before. So we want to talk about what that feels like, the things to look out for and how to kind of crawl you away out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to give you some tools, some mindset tools, some little things that you can implement to really help you come out of that place and to just feel like your fine, not playful, light self again. Like sometimes life gets a little bit heavy. We want to help you bring more lightness, more play back into everyday life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's start from the beginning. If you feel stuck, I know for me it's when I feel dead inside and I'm not making progress. When I wake up and I'm like, fuck, I don't want to get up, I can't bothered, I don't know what I'm doing. I procrastinate, I feel like my to do list is massive, I feel overwhelmed, I don't know where to start, and I just feel like I'm in a funk. The first thing I need to do is physically move my body. That just gets me in such a good state where I can actually think about what's important, what steps I'm going to take, and how I'm going to move through it. That's the first thing I do whenever I start to feel like I'm in that funky energy, it's movement. And that's why it's so just important for me to move every single day, even if it's a ten minute walk down the road with taco. Just moving my body helps me get in that good state. How do you feel when you're in a funk.
Speaker 2: When I'm in a funk, I feel when you said I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. That's how it feels for me. It's almost like you wake up in the morning and you feel defeated almost. It's like this overwhelming feeling of like defeat. I don't want to get out of bed today. I feel lost. I don't which direction to go in. I feel like my options are scarce. It feels like actually there are no options, and it's just like, oh, today is just another day.
Speaker 1: It feels such a lack of mindset.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a bit like groundhog Day? Oh?
Speaker 1: I guess how do I get out of this?
Speaker 2: And I think, at least in my own experience, when I've had moments like this, it's because I've felt unfulfilled in my current life. The things that I'm doing day to day don't fulfill me. Maybe my work doesn't fulfill me, or maybe I'm just feeling lonely and uninspired and I'm not truly working towards things that like genuinely light me up inside. And I think feeling stuck and feeling stagnant is this energy of like a lack of movement in life, you know, a lack of movement forward, a lack of movement towards working towards a goal, a desire, a passion project, or you know, having things that you can do and experience with people that you love. When we lack all of those things, what is life filled.
Speaker 1: With one percent. I think we have to be really careful of the stories that we tell us. When you were talking then, it just reminded me of last year when IN felt like ground whole day with Baseline and I really wasn't enjoying it anymore. But I would tell myself a story. You know, you're just having a rough week, or this is what owning a business is like, You've got to do this, You've got a team to support, this is how you make money. You'd be an idiot to give up the financial gains that you get for having a business. I had all these stories, but I was waking up each day just not wanting to go to work. And I would try and get their energy and like move my body and do all the things I knew how to do, but it just at the end of the day it wasn't aligned anymore. And it took me having a brain aneurism and the universe being able to make me fully stop, to actually take your breath, to go, fuck, what are you doing? But I remember that feeling so heavy, and once I had the space at the hospital to think of everything, I was like, Wow, you've really been telling yourself a ton of bullshit stories and you have to just continue doing this because that's just what you're meant to do. And other people would dream of this opportunity. Other people would love to have the job you have. You're so lucky. But it didn't feel good, so I had to make change. But the stories we tell ourselves can really be like a big, heavy chain holding us back.
Speaker 2: That was such a pivotal moment for you, that transition from baseline to where you are now, Like I just remember it being such a pivotal thing. After brain aneurysm, you just immediately having this like epiphany, like holy shit, I'm not doing what I need to be doing, Like this isn't what I want to be doing in life. I want to live my life.
Speaker 1: I think you're one of the first people I told that I wasn't enjoying baseline. I wanted to close it down. And this is before my brain aneurysm. We hadn't been friends for that long, but a friendship from the moment we met, it was just open everything up. It almost felt safer and just nicer because we weren't in each other's circles. Yeah, I remember telling you, and I remember afterwards getting in the car and I was like, what did I just tell her? I did, and I just said something out loud that's obviously been sitting true for me, but that made it so much more real, and I panicked. I remember saying to you, Oh, everything we spoke about this morning, can you not tell anyone? I love actively? I love my business. And I started to tell the stories of like you're so lucky, and I was like, didn't want to face that. It wasn't feeling good. Having clarity and being in alignment is so important and I didn't realize that until I went through that whole process. And I remember an opportunity came up within the podcasting space, not for the podcast I was doing. It was an oportunity to travel to Tasmania with Jay and be a host for this big podcast. And I remember just going home to Steve and I was like, I just fucking love podcasting so much. If I could just do that as a job, I'd be the happiest person ever. He was like, really, that's interesting, Like you wouldn't do actively and I was like, oh, I would. I think. I remember just feeling so confused because I thought I had to keep doing what I was doing because of those stories I was telling, But these little moments kept happening that made me realize, oh, this just isn't in alignment. So then when I had the brain diagnosis and I had that forty eight hours in hospital, and I realized how stressed I was and how much this disalignment was causing me stress and make me not enjoy my day to day. It was a very easy decision. Yeah, okay, and then once I free from that, I was like, oh, I've got space to think about what I want to do. And it was just podcast, podcup podcast. All I wanted to do was sit in the podcast for even just talk and yeah, all day I just knew this is what I wanted to do, and I missed events and I thought there were so many different avenues I could go down with podcasting. It excited me so much and I finally felt free that I could be like, Oh, I don't just have to be the fitness girl. I was put into this box for so long and people loved me for that, and that's how grow my followings. There was a lot of fear that came up, Yeah, if I change and go down this direction and give up this Am I still going to be loved? Am I still going to be accepted? What are they going to think of me? That was a whole thing to work through. But once I decided that, I all of a sudden felt unstuck and I felt free and I had clarity, and I started to make progress, moving forward doing something that really lit something up inside me. And I could still make impacts a huge high value of mine. I could still make impact, I could still contribute, I could still have so much connection with my audience. It just looks really different. But I had to get unstuck and make massive, massive change to be able to move forward.
Speaker 2: And do you think there was like a huge contrast between like getting up in the morning to get ready to go to baseline and then getting ready now, And.
Speaker 1: It's so different. It feels like I sometimes I have to pinch myself. I'm like, I feel like I'm a kid playing because it doesn't feel like work. And I've always thought work had to feel hard, blood, sweat and tears, really long hours, a lot of like brain power to be a successful business owner. That's what I've always thought. And they're always smart people, and that's just not me. This is still a business, but it feels so different different, and yeah, we're still in the early stages of making this, you know, a big income or whatever, but we're making progress. Ye, every month the numbers are higher. There's more money, there's more opportunity, there's more freedom, there's more debt, there's more connection, there's more impact, there's more people were meeting, like, there's so much growth in it. Yeah, it just looks really different to owning an active web business. It's cool. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's like not mad either of the stages of your life wrong th recognizing like how heavy that feeling of feeling stuck and feel and how much also fear it comes around that feeling of feeling much stuff. It's like fear of making a decision that might completely change the trajectory of your life, which is often why we feel stuck, because it's the fear surrounding those experiences that we go, holy shit, if I change, things are going to change, and sometimes whether the change is good for us are bad for us. It is terrifying.
Speaker 1: It was really terrifying. And you know what I learned being in hospital too, and being obviously forced to stay there for forty eight hours with all my testing is. I didn't give myself any time to actually sit with how I was feeling. As soon as that uncomfortable feeling came up, since I told you, I was like, I don't know if I want to do this anymore. Shut it down, get back to work, shut it down, go home, beer mum. I just kept myself busy because it was so uncomfortable sitting in hospital. I'm like, there's only so much scrolling you can do before you you know, I had to really face myself and ask all those really uncomfortable questions and I just allowed it. I was like, ooh, this is the time. You don't get to do this at home because it is kids running around. You do have a business to run, You got your mum had on. Yes, That'd be the biggest piece of advice I would give for anyone feeling really stuck right now, is just to actually carve out some time where you can sit with yourself, whether it's in the sunshine at the beach, sitting in nature, journaling, and just sit with and be really fucking honest with where you're at and how you're feeling. Are you happy being a stay at home mum or would you like to go back to work? Are you happy running this corporate job with no freedom but you're in big money, or would you like something a little bit more free flowing. Are you really happy in your relationship? Would you feel like it's at point where there's no more growth than that? Do you feel yeah? Do you feel like you're stagnant in that? Really be honest with yourself and let those feelings come up, and then you can have clarity around what you do with that. It's always a choice.
Speaker 2: It's like being okay with what you might find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't just scary, I get it.
Speaker 2: No, but don't fear what comes up. It's like, use it, leverage curiosity, just get curious and like it doesn't match what you explore or you know what option you might want to go in, whether it's your career or your relationship. Be okay to explore both options, whether you want to stay, whether you want to go. Pros and cons, Like what would it look like for both sides? What do you really want? Like, that's how you get to know what you really want out of life. And it's really important that we allow ourselves to get clarity but also not put pressure on yourself for clarity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, explore it, have fun with your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give yourself time.
Speaker 1: And you know what too, Staying where I was was going to be hard, taking a risk and changing my whole life hard. Yeah, it's in that moment, it's like, Okay, well, which heart am I going to choose? What's going to benefit my future the most? Both are uncomfortable, Both are going to rattle me. But I'm going to choose the hard that feels more aligned and then I know that will benefit And it's meeting me where I'm at right now, not where I was two years ago.
Speaker 2: Permission to grow, Permission to evolve. You're a new person every single time that you change and grow, and like being willing to choose yourself over what other people might have to say around that change in growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you're congruent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's congruent with what you want or your heart desires and needs. And it's okay that that changes. If we hate the discomfort that we're feeling right now, Okay, what's going to be the action that I can take to get me out of this place of discomfort? Well, it's doing the hard thing so that I can create ease, so it's instead of it being the problem.
Speaker 1: What if that was the solution. Oh my god, Mike, drop game changer.
Speaker 2: Right, And then, like what we were talking about earlier, you can change, like give yourself permission to change. Just because you advocated for one thing ten years ago, five years ago, two years ago, fucking three days ago, it doesn't matter. You can choose to change in this very moment simply because in your brain you decided you were different now exactly, simply because in your mind you decided, I actually don't resonate with that anymore. I actually I changed my mind. I actually don't believe in that. Wow, I changed my mind. Everything that happened from here in the past actually is irrelevant. Yeah, none of it matters. But we hold onto it, don't we We hold on to it because we think I've been this way for so long that now that's right. Now I need to continue being this way. But that's what keeps us stagnant a lot of the times. Fearing what other people think about us will keep us more stagnant than actually us not changing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that fucked up too? We're so worried about what other people think of us. We will continue to choose pain and suffering and discomfort because of what old made at work might say, or Sally Underscore eighty eight says on the line, or what fucking mum or Grandma things of us, or choose to stay in that pain.
Speaker 2: Or our friend that we drink with on the weekend and we're scared of their judgment because we're changing and becoming a different version that they don't resonate with. Like, all that matters is what you choose from right in this moment, actually not even in the future. The only thing that matters is what you choose in the next twenty four hours. Definitely imagine how much less pressure you would feel to just show up and do the things that you want to do that make you fucking happy in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: And who are you living for? Like us having this conversation, it's just like, I hope this lands for everyone listening. Who actually living for? Are you choosing your life decisions based on what everyone else thinks of you? If I was to do that, I wouldn't be here today. If I was to listen to everyone online that told me not to do this, not to do that, that shit that's wrong, whatever. Oh my god, I would live in so much regret, so much regret. Even this is like, I've done a couple of different podcasts and the amount of shit I copped when we started this new podcast. Here she goes again. Oh man, I'm not listening to you look at my past as a failure. All of that has led me to be able to Bean's position to do a fucking good job of this podcast because I had the practice runs, you know, and you can apply that to all areas of your life.
Speaker 2: So cool, but irrelevant people are just haten being for the sake of it's irrelevant. People's words don't matter. They really don't, not unless you give them weight.
Speaker 1: But you stop living your life for other people? What do you actually want? If you're feeling stuck, probably is because you're so concerned what everyone else is thinking, or because you think you have to stay or remain the same that who you were a year ago or five years ago. Because you said you're gonna do something or commit to something, go to you. You need to do this job, fulfill this jobs, commit to the marriage because you said your vows. Yeah, if you fucking change your mind, you've changed your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, or even what is it called I can't remember this saying it's where you invest time, and then you're like, because I've invested all this time, I have to see it through. But oftentimes that's not always the case. It really is dependent on the situation, you know, like say, for example, something, oh share, I want to share two things with you guys, actually and one the second one I haven't actually voiced out loud other than to Ashy so super vulnerable. But when I was in my relationship, like over a year ago, and I was getting to the point of wanting to leave, I felt really stuck in that relationship, like I was like a shell of a version of myself. Hey, Ashi, like I had lost myself. You even said to me many times, like you've lost your spark, Tiana, Like that's sparking you, that lights up in your eye when you're excited for life. Like I don't feel like that's there anymore. I felt really stuck in that relationship. And then afterwards, I remember going through the breakup and feeling really stuck on the outside of that breakup as well, because it was like that groundhog day that we were talking about in the beginning of feeling like every day feels the same. I'm struggling to get out of bed, like I don't want to do life like this. It was just so heavy, and I just remember thinking, even in those moments, I've got to show up for myself, regardless of how hard it feels. And I just remember being like forcing myself out of bed. And I don't even think I was honest with you guys around how much I was struggling at the time, until after when you said to me HEITJ, like, are you okay, Like you haven't really grieved this relationship, you haven't really come to me crying, and you seem too strong, you seem too good, You seem too good, And I was not. I was crumbling, But I just knew that if I had let myself go in that moment, I would have crumbled.
Speaker 1: You scared you were going to melt, and just yeah, I wasn't going to.
Speaker 2: Be able to get back up, yes, because I was so in love that I was like, I don't think I'm going to be able to get back up. But I just kept that movement going that you were talking about in the beginning. Keep the movement going, keep the movement going, and like you eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel stuck. So I just wanted to say that because it doesn't matter what you're experiencing, where it's relationships, work, whatever stress that you might have in your life, as long as you keep that ball rolling and continue to take action, it will be the very thing that helps you get out of that feeling of being stuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and action can also mean slow, Like we said before, that's taking action, taking time to actually get clear of where you want to go and what you want to change where you're at. That is still action. It's just looks a bit different. We think action is like fast paced and goals and da da da dad. Yeah, but actually action for me was stopping fuck, not feeling good. I'm I gonna do with this, been sitting with myself. Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know it's funny when you said, Steve, oh my god, I would love to do podcasting as a full time gig. I've actually had a similar experience. I would love to be able to do this as a full time gig. I'm like, that would be an actual fucking dream to be able to be like, let's come in here every single day and.
Speaker 1: Like do what we do, uploading seven days a week.
Speaker 2: And you know what also I resonate with which I haven't shared with really anyone other than you, is that a part of me feels that every now and again, I get this little niggle where I feel how you felt with Baseline with my coaching. Yeah, and I love my coaching.
Speaker 1: I know you do, and I love that I get it.
Speaker 2: I thrive when I'm coaching. I've been doing this for like three and a half gone on four years now, and I love being able to see the way that it impacts women and seeing women, you know, get their sparkle back, you know, love themselves again, get their sparkle back. And you know, there's this part of me and niggle. Every couple of months it pops up, like, but I want to do podcasting, but what if that was my full time gig. Yeah, you know, And it's just I've been able to see the contrast and not that there's anything wrong with my business.
Speaker 1: I love my business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've noticed again the contrast of me doing coaching versus me doing podcasting, and it's like that thing that like fucking lights you up, that like gets you excited to get up in the morning. I'm like, I get that here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do hate We always talk about it literally ticks every single box, it does, and so much can change in a year too, Like literally so much can change what we're doing now and even our little events and the thing we've got plans for the year. I see in five years time that probably will be a full time thing that we're doing. Yeah, you know, and it will be so much easier and flowy, and it just is. But there's a building phase and some go through. But it's cool that you have those niggles. You listen to it, and as I observe you go through that, you were just to where you're feeling, and you pull back a little bit and you reassess. You're like, oh right, if I just change this and you trial the different things and you figure it out along the way. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also knowing that, like I can feel those niggles, but then also know that, like right now in this season, I'm like, but I love my coaching. Yes, it's not something that I'm like, oh I want to get rid of because I don't. I love my coaching. So it's knowing that, like I can have those niggles too, but then know, Okay, this is the direction I need to go in right now, because when I love it, I want to continue doing I want to continue growing it. And then also wherever the podcast evolves into which we have big plans and visions for the podcast, and we are seeing that vision like come to life at the moment now, and it's only going to get bigger in the next five ten years.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just want to be really vulnerable and share that.
Speaker 1: One of the other things which we say in a lot of episodes, but if you are feeling stuck, like reach out for help. You don't have to do this alone, whether it's a coach, a family, a friend, the internet, whatever, ask for help because sometimes feeling stuck, you don't even know all the options to explore. Like we've gone to each other many times and to Steve forever and it's like, well, why don't you do this him know that was an option? Yeah, oh thanks. Reaching out for help is just it's one of my most powerful tools to help me grow and expand. Yea, And I just will never stop talking about it because it is just so important.
Speaker 2: It's not weak. Hey, you know how people think like it's weak to ask for help, But actually it's the most courageous thing that you can do. It really is, because also, imagine having help from somebody who has knowledge and awareness that you maybe don't have just yet. They're going to give you the leg up.
Speaker 1: That's going to help you.
Speaker 2: What would have taken you six months, yeh, take you six weeks literally because you choose to be courageous. You chose to ask for help. And anyone who says that they do this journey alone is like lying.
Speaker 1: It's about ourselves, right.
Speaker 2: We lean on so many of our people, friends, family, that one coworker or whatever it is to ask for support. Why not be able to like condense that time even quicker and be able to like ask for support.
Speaker 1: If they've been through what you've been through. Obviously it's going to look different. But if someone's been through closing a business or changing careers, or going through a divorce or whatever it is, they've got all that experience and knowledge and wisdom that you can get from them. You literally fast track your growth. It can get you out of feeling so stuck for so long movement. Honestly, you're feeling stuck right now, physically, energetically, all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just take action. You don't need to know where you're going. Just take action. Take a step because clarity comes after action does.
Speaker 1: Don't look at the whole staircase too, Just take one step when usually reach stage, Just one step, one step closer.
Speaker 2: I read this chorde the other day and it went, when you walk the path, the path appears. Oh wow, that's cool, and I thought that was really cool. It's just a beautiful way to show you that. Also when you take action, you become more aware of what's coming next. You only need to know that next one step. You don't need to know the next one hundred because it will come as you go.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. I love that. I hope you guys enjoyed this episode. I hope it gave you a little spring a step, and just some little tools in things that you can do to get unstuck because it's not a nice feeling. But also just know through breakdowns, there is breakthroughs. And every time I feel when you're about to level up and go into a new season or a new version of yourself, there is this icky, uncomfortable, turbulent phase because you have to shed the layers. You have to go that little bit deeper to get through to the other side and to grow and to step up into the new version.
Speaker 2: So true, it does feel like when you're working towards something new and you're trying to evolve, everything feels like it crumbles.
Speaker 1: It does. It has to.
Speaker 2: It crumbles, it has to fall apart because you need to have that slingshot moment. It key's coming back every single time, and I'll say it till the cows come home every single time that something is not working in your life, you are having an absolute slingshot moment where your life is about to completely change. Yes, you've just got to be able to weather the storm in the meantime.
Speaker 1: You have to. And when you have that way of living and trusting, it stops you falling into victims. Yeah, and it stops you getting as stuck as what you might have previously because I'm not stuck. Yeah, this is just a little turbulent moment because I'm about to level up. Things are about to change all the better. I've manifested this, I've created this, and I want this. If you trust that, have that believe in yourself, life Will we sum much easier? Oh so good. Thanks for joining us guys. We'll see you on Friday. From Friggi Friday, Bye bye,