Speaker 1: Apodjake Production. Welcome to another episode of am I.
Speaker 2: Have Had Mom? Podcast.
Speaker 1: We constantly asked the same question.
Speaker 3: It's day in, day out for gift that keeps on giving our kids. They just twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
Speaker 1: I had a moment last night of going, oh my god, it is so noisy in this It's so noisy. The girls came down for dinner, had dinner, then wanted to tell us about the whole day, which is great. I'm so thankful when it's not at eleven pm and we're telling us all about this. But it was one of those situations where one was telling a story and then the other one wanted to get into and then it was like, no, stop, it's my story, and there's all this going on, and literally it got to the end and then someone's put me music on and then someone singing, and I just went, whoa, it's too loud in here. I feel like I've just been through a storm.
Speaker 2: So loud in here? Why is everyone yelling, especially at the end of the day too.
Speaker 3: I've spoken about this obviously, like you said, eleven pm at night, these conversations. My girls are not quite at that extent. But the it is tending to get a bit later on in the day where I'm getting more conversations. But then as a parent, your bandwidth has sort of like run short a little bit. I did set was doing school pickup and I felt like I was sliding down into my seat of the car because there was just so much drama getting thrown around this car between Gracie and her friends that I do school pickup with. It was just making me sort of twitch and that I was trying to hide from it. As I was driving the car, I was like, this is just too much. It doesn't get any lighter. There's no days where they get in the car and it's just like today, it was such a great day.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 1: Never, how was your day, Mum, tell me about what you've been doing. Never. My bad Mum for allowing adults to behave irresponsibly.
Speaker 3: So usually we debrief, right, we haven't debriefed on this, so that's what makes me even more excited because I love the topic.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to be Mum's gone wild on the weekend because we have got tickets to strapbreak day we have at Brisbane Racing Club BRC.
Speaker 2: That's where we're going to be yes all day.
Speaker 3: Back in the previous years, when I was getting ready for the racers, you'd be like, hair.
Speaker 2: Done, makeup done.
Speaker 3: You'd be swamming around the house having a glass of bubbles around brunch time before you were headed for the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now it's kids sport running quick picks.
Speaker 2: Uber's there.
Speaker 3: And then I like sort of gave you a text to go. So this weekend Stradbroke Day, What time am I aiming for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So my response to you as to what time you should aim for was you aim to get there for ten thirty, and then everybody else will get there for eleven thirty and hopefully we'll all be there at the same time. I was reflecting on previous years at the races because over the years we've done a lot of race days. It's kind of a brisbee thing. I feel like, like you go Saturday as you go to the races, and the winter carnival is probably my favorite. Weather is usually beautiful, sunny, blue skies, then gets a bit cold in the evening, but it's great for the like the guys in suits like I them in summer, So winter racing carnivals great and Strawbery Day is such a vibe, like it is always break day. I was reflecting on a previous year when it kind of was our thing to invite everybody back after the races, because we normally had to get back for a babysitter. Let's get rid of her and pay her off and then everyone come back to us, and it's like that stop off at the bottle shop, the uber on the way back, and then ordering pizzas. I was always very responsible, getting the kids dinner, getting them showered, and then they'd go to bed so they were sorted, and then it was adults and it was just adults gone wild downstairs. And there was a time where Jay decided it would be fun to get on the kids trampoline with a guy friend. Oh good, yeah, so two heavy men, like this was never in the wind.
Speaker 2: You're going to end really well. Two heavy men on a child friendly trampoline.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, in the back garden, in the dark, in the dark, on the trampoline. Okay, both of them start jumping.
Speaker 3: Wonderful, like I've just wanted to be too mad after a race day.
Speaker 1: It was so joyful, like they look like they're really having fun. Next thing, massive thud, crack, the trampoline has broken in half.
Speaker 2: Perfect And so.
Speaker 1: Then the next day it was the explaining to the kids why their trampoline wasn't able to be used because the night before two drunken idiots had fallen through the trampoline. Thinking oh, we'll take our way. We really can't take two hundred kilos. There's only supposed to be.
Speaker 2: One kid on it.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, it's only meant to be give me the reaction to the men though, when the thud happened on the ground, I would have loved to see j go through a trampoline.
Speaker 2: Like I would have loved There was a lot.
Speaker 1: Of fun to be had at the races and after the races.
Speaker 2: Rage.
Speaker 1: Last time I went to the races, paid fifteen dollars outside for a big issue. A fifteen dollars I think, I said how much five or something, and I went Jay, get some money out, give her.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, Give her fifteen for the big issue. She's like, what is wrong with this woman?
Speaker 1: They must get that lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's a great day for her to be there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never usually have cash, like in a lamal situation, I wouldn't have cash on me.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Why not stand outside where the bookies have just handed your cash all day if you've had.
Speaker 2: A good day to get up on.
Speaker 3: I also admire the fashions going into the field, so there's always fashions on the field, right, And obviously this weekend again is a weekend where if you're going to the races, everyone's basically you got something in the cupboard, right, because as a staple, you've got something black or something white, and then throw on a touch of red.
Speaker 2: A little bit of lippy.
Speaker 3: You're sweet, right, don't even have to go out and buy a new outfit. But I love watching the fashions go in to the race day as much as I love the fashions leaving the race day shoes in hand. But like, you know, you've put together a beautiful outfit and then all of a sudden, halfway through the day, your outfit's sort of like half broken, and you're in the toilet trying to like repint it or like together, staple it together, or get someone else to like jam you in something so that you can hook the eye of the dress, but the zip won't go.
Speaker 2: Like I think this weekend's the easiest one to dress for.
Speaker 1: I did that with a dress once it did open at the back, and some lovely girl said, excuse me, your dress is split at the back, And I did find a stapler and I did staple it together, and to this day rate that dress has stables in the back of it.
Speaker 3: I have walked in on someone pinning their friend up against the wall and they're trying to hook the eye of the dress in order to try and rejig the zip to make the zip go back up because she's gone the toilet and it's a one piece. Oh yeah, and I'm like, this girl's.
Speaker 2: Never gonna we again.
Speaker 3: Let's just say it was three quarters through the day, so there was a lot of back and forth to the bathrooms already. But all their friends were doing was just like, no, we will get this zip. You will stay at the races. You're not going home yet.
Speaker 1: You know, last time I went to the races, it was really busy at the time I was leaving, and it was annoying me that I can find Nouba. And then this taxi to overage. I said, we're just going down to the restaurant Coort Slight for dinner, and this TAXI wanted to charge. I think he had fifty dollars or something. I was like, I'm going down the road and you're like yeah yeah, And I was like, Okay, you're not kind.
Speaker 2: You're not kind. That's what I'm going to leave it at. Right now. I've had a full day at the races. You're not kind. Kind better than what I say. No, I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got scooter, E got on scooter.
Speaker 2: My god, girlfriend that put.
Speaker 1: My helme on scootered down. I had so much fun in heels. Yeah, in heels, Yeah, heels on a.
Speaker 2: Scooter, heels on at all times.
Speaker 1: I was remarkably balanced in your mind.
Speaker 2: Not everyone else on the road. They were all like, fuck with thisitch. She's all over the shop. You get your bag on, you get your helmet on, you're riding a scooter.
Speaker 3: Like if you you are so much braver than me. I absolutely would not have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather walk.
Speaker 1: No, I am that person. No, so fine, I love those scooters.
Speaker 3: No, I can't have told my kids you can't go on there, so it'd be double standards.
Speaker 2: I did think about.
Speaker 1: She'd probably takes your shoes off and hold them. You'd probably be.
Speaker 3: What's going to be more of a hazard wearing high heels or carrying them in a hand while you're trying to like steers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, half cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I figured all I do is stand on it. It's not like I'm riding a bike. It's not like the heels are on pedals. Like I just had to stand there.
Speaker 2: What are you doing after this race day this weekend? You're riding a pushy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've all gone to do but for everybody to leave, I'm getting on a scooter. What who has the most fun? And we have a discount code. You'll hear it after the episode two for one tickets.
Speaker 3: I'm not even I stress this so much. Black and white is in everyone's cupboard. Everyone's cupboard black and white. Everyone's got a little black dress.
Speaker 1: And you know so out of the girls is a group of ten of us and dm.
Speaker 2: Us on at the Instagram.
Speaker 1: If you're coming along, because we we'd love to come and say hello to you. Out of the ten girls that are coming along, I would say eight are wearing old dresses that they've got in their wardrobe.
Speaker 2: Are you one of them? Yeah? Okay, I am good. You won't be I'll be all.
Speaker 1: Wearing something really lovely and put everyone into shame.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm struggling a bit at the moment, Katie.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling, but it's okay. I've still got a couple more days. Watch this space.
Speaker 1: It'll be Saturday morning, kids dropping at sport, picking up my outfit.
Speaker 3: Kids off to DJs in the city. I'll be back and finish a game, stay at the courts.
Speaker 2: I'll be back and then I'll just everyone.
Speaker 1: Of these situations like on the movie Bad Mum, where you'll like swing past on two wheels, getting getting getting getting getting, get in