Speaker 1: Late Welcome to the Late Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening and thanks for joining us on.
Speaker 3: James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb bond Is Joe Hildebrand. We've got a lot to talk about tonight, including the people of Paris planning to defecate in their famous river to protest how much money has been spent on it for the Olympic Games.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that crazy story a little later.
Speaker 4: The most French thing ever, Like that's as French as if you sort, what's the most.
Speaker 5: You can send to prove how clean and beautiful and country are you?
Speaker 6: The latest policy? Your jump of the steps of Parliament.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: This topic is not for a lot later in the program, but these two can't.
Speaker 2: Wait to talk about it.
Speaker 3: So get to what's making news in the papers tomorrow, including massive land and housing development on the Gold Coast being held up by six koalas, and a government penny pinching program turns out to be responsible for a massive blackout in Queensland that left half a million homes without power.
Speaker 2: All of that when we get to the papers. But first, if you.
Speaker 3: Think China is a security concern for Australia spare a thought for the United States. The New York Post has just published a report detailing how Chinese entities have brought up farmland surrounding nineteen US military bases, including strategic nuclear sites. Now, while the Chinese entities make up only about one percent of foreign land owners in the United States, it's the proximity of these landholdings to military bases that has raised concerns. Donald Trump agreed it was a major concern when the issue was brought to his attention by doctor Phil recently.
Speaker 1: The red is where Chinese government has funded buying major farmland and then superimposed on that are some of our most strategic military bases. And you can see we've allowed them to come in and buy up agricultural land, wind farms, no wind, no blades on some of the towers, but they're surrounding our military bases. We've allowed that to take place.
Speaker 2: So, John Liz, it's obviously a massive concern.
Speaker 3: I mean, from those locations you can report and record and report military troop movements. They'd make ideal locations to launch drones if you wanted to do that.
Speaker 2: And of course there's a lot of talk.
Speaker 3: About Chinese surveillance, whether it's through electric vehicles, whether it's.
Speaker 2: Through computer systems.
Speaker 3: And we might look a little later at what Andrew Hasty brought our attention to over the weekend talking about wind turbines even used as props for surveillance. So it's a massive issue where you've got nineteen military bases effectively surrounded by Chinese landholdings that are connected to the Communist Party.
Speaker 7: So many questions. Firstly, what are the Chinese doing.
Speaker 6: Owning that much farmland anywhere?
Speaker 7: Secondly, how hard is it for the government to just be like, not near our military bases. We don't want to discourage foreign investment. We still want your money, China, but not within spittings distance of our military bases.
Speaker 4: And thirdly, how does doctor phil know all this?
Speaker 7: That was my talking at Why are you taking a very famous but a psychologist raising this instead of the government being like red flag, I.
Speaker 6: Think we've screwed up here.
Speaker 7: How hard is it for the government to say you can't buy any land that close to our military bases. But then, of course it just reminds me of the fact that Port of Darwin is still in CCP's hands. Landmark is totally in the CCP's hands. They're the ones who have got a hold of it. And not only is that an actual port, which is incredibly important in any kind of wartime, I mean what wins wars logistics, which is why ports are so carefully guarded and very much attacked during wartime.
Speaker 6: So they're right on top of it. Our military bases are all around the Port of Darwin. For that, we're fine.
Speaker 7: We're fine for it, and even the albert Easy government last year when they had their review into it. And this actually isn't an elbow bashing because the Morrison government had a review into it and decided it was perfectly fine as well, because apparently Australia, it's not in our national interest to protect our national interests if it means upsetting our biggest threat.
Speaker 6: Come again, just for people at.
Speaker 3: Home, we'll put a map up on the screen so you can have a look at these US bases and the landholdings around them owned by Chinese entities, so you can since spread right across the US there and it's.
Speaker 7: So clearly on purpose.
Speaker 3: About some wind farms that had been created by the Chinese, but there were turbines without any blades wind farms where there is no wind.
Speaker 2: It's quite clear there's an alternative can id of.
Speaker 4: Say, I'm just loving the America show, like I just like America is just so completely off the chart, Like you've got China that has clearly got an advanced script of the next James Bond film and just going, oh, what did the villain do in that? Oh, turbine less armless wind turbines that we can use to spy on Roswell, Like it's just madness. I have no doubt the Chinese are up to some nefarious doings. I have no doubt the Americans are alive to it and wherever they would run all sorts of into yearance to make sure that they couldn't get a handle of what's going on. But the Chinese are everywhere anyway. I mean, the truth is everyone kind of knows what everyone's doing all the time, and it's just a matter of how many resources you have and how far you are prepared to go. So the Chinese, you know, they probably don't need to use, you know, the security cameras at the Australian War Memorial or offshore wind turbines to find out what we're doing. They probably just going through the front door. God knows what they've got going on at Kubby Station because they bought that a few years ago.
Speaker 3: On that course, you look at America though, I mean remember they had those Chinese balloons just going across mainland United States as America just looked up and watched and Biden refused to do anything about it.
Speaker 2: You've got what's happening with.
Speaker 4: But America would have all sorts of stuff in China as well. It could be harder because it's a less free sciacity on our side.
Speaker 3: So we're happy, you know, I don't fight on China, but for the Chinese to just have free range over the United States.
Speaker 2: Then you've got the border issue where you've got.
Speaker 3: Thousands of people pouring into America Chinese.
Speaker 4: I do think there's a lot of Chinese of the studded.
Speaker 2: Border, some of the masks.
Speaker 3: And then you've got other issues that relate to security, like the drug issue that Biden has allowed to come into the country. You've got crime is out of control. But back to the military basis, what the US did do. Rather than secure military bases from potential Chinese surveillance, they renamed a number of US military bases at a cost of thirty nine million dollars because they wanted some to be named after black men and women. So you can't say that used to paying attention to the military basis and racism souls.
Speaker 7: You know, two birds in one. But also that seems to be a little more, little more meat on the bones regarding this all they're letting millions of illegal aliens into America in order to vote. Check out Elon Musk's tweet over the weekend he said.
Speaker 6: Another conspiracy turns out to be true.
Speaker 7: Strange that Arizona requires proof of citizenship for state but not federal elections, in which he shared we had an article talking about how welfare offices and other agencies in forty nine US states are providing voter registration forms to migrants without requiring proof of CITIZENIP citizenship. I mean, we're just watching it happen in real time. People have been saying for years that this was the DEM's aim, and now here we have it just in black and white.
Speaker 6: It's happening.
Speaker 4: Vote early, vote often. I still don't think it's the actual rules, though, I think it's it's not that they're allowing it, they're just not being as robust as they should with demate.
Speaker 6: They flew them in.
Speaker 7: They literally got caught flying them in.
Speaker 6: Well say, order to let them in, and we I'm.
Speaker 3: There, wasn't something I don't when I legal immigrants go into the office they need to go to to get their welfare benefits that are provided. They're also being given Oh by the way, would you like a voting slip? And they're being given that.
Speaker 4: So who's doing this? Then the Arizona.
Speaker 6: Thirty nine states are doing it.
Speaker 4: Arizona is the one they use. So if it's a democratic conspiracy, then John McCain's people must be all in on it.
Speaker 3: Just before we move off this topic of security, let's have a listen to what Andrew Hasty did say about the potential for Chinese surveillance to take place through offshore wind farms that are being approved in Australia. Have listened.
Speaker 8: China produces the vast majority of the world's wind turbines, so that's a good chance quite a few of the wind turbines installed will be from China, potentially transforming it from a wind zone into a vector for intelligence gathering. Finally, we found our neestments two weeks ago that the head of the Australian Submarine Agency, Admiral Jonathan Mead, was not consulted by Energy Minister Chris Bowen and his department, and moreover, the US Navy was not consulted either.
Speaker 3: You've got to wonder what the Americans must be thinking of Australia at the moment. They've approved their US nuclear subs for our use and we're having a infantile argument over the safety of nuclear power.
Speaker 4: We've got only save on submarines, is only save kilometers underwater, you know above Brown on the stable land. Anything could happen anyway. But yeah, and that's the same the same as the Port of Darwin as well, which is why we didn't tell the Americans that we were selling that.
Speaker 6: Or nine year whatever it is, to the hiring it out.
Speaker 4: And I believe, if memory serves, Barack Obama got, you know, got very passag with Malcolm turmul and say how you want to give us a heads up next time you're going to sell Because of course it's not just that there's a strategic.
Speaker 6: Asset three half a minute where there are.
Speaker 4: Annual joint training exercise between China's not worried about our military. Sorry about that spoiler alert. It's worried about the Americans and so it can you know. So that is that is the strategic advantage of having not just having the asset there, but being in proximity to the training exercises that come through every year.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about what should happen to these people that keep on vandalizing monuments and statues around our country. In Hyde Park in Sydney, in the early hours of Sunday morning, two people tried to saw off the legs of a Captain Cook statue that was situated there. I think we've got an image of the foot you can see they started to grind through the leg of Captain Cook before someone observed and called the police. Now they caught the two people who've been denied.
Speaker 2: Bail, so that's a start.
Speaker 3: They were not let out on bail, which is a good thing. But this stuff keeps on happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it.
Speaker 3: Keeps happening because people know they're going to get led off with a slap on the wrist. It's about tom we really crack down on these people. They should get jail for that.
Speaker 7: Well, so far, no one's been made an example of to my knowledge. So the fact that these guys have been denied bail, that is something. But let's see what they actually get in terms of a material wrap on the knuckles that make somebody else think twice.
Speaker 2: I reckon the law.
Speaker 3: Should be changed so that if you vandalize a historical monument, in this case allegedly vandalized, it is before the courts.
Speaker 2: But if you.
Speaker 3: Vandalize a historic monument, you should be punished according to the traditions of the time in which that statue. Oh, I like that person actually lived.
Speaker 2: So if you.
Speaker 3: Vandalize a Captain Cook statue, you're punished according to the laws of the seventeen hundreds. I reckon that would give people reason to pause before they do this kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But that would mean that they just got transported back here, so it'd still be stuck with them. Yeah, I think I think a more adjustment. I'm very much an eye for an eye tooth to twoth. It's all in the Bible. And so if you are caught demolishing a statue or a facing statue, you have to replace the statue. So you have to stand where the statue was and light the buskers at Circular key stand completely still. Well, the pigeons are around I don't know seven years or something. That was the standard transportation.
Speaker 3: What about those just stop oil protesters who spray orange die everywhere? I reckon, if you're convicted of doing that, then your home gets sprayed with orange die, so everybody knows you're one of those people.
Speaker 4: Yep, okay, or you could just boil them all that.
Speaker 6: You've bought a sprayer already, haven't you. I'm ready to go du on orange pain.
Speaker 3: You know. The stupid thing is is that these these idiots are encouraged by council members who when this happens, council members, we're not encouraging this, but we shouldn't replace the statue. We shouldn't repair it. It's too expensive, and we know people don't like this. It's just going to encourage more bad that is the problem.
Speaker 4: So they know, and I know that if they can get it, that's all right. So they know if they can get away. And by the way, local councils are also a colonial institution, So the councilor the Green's councilor who supported that needs to quickly sack herself because otherwise she's a colonial oppressor.
Speaker 3: But that's like Lydia Thorpe being in the Senate and then riling against the sovereignty of.
Speaker 4: A Starting to see a pattern here, aren't we? Yes, absolutely take they take all the privileges and then rail against anyone else even daring to acknowledge our history for good and bad and that. But that is the problem. So they know, all these protesters, all those actives know vandals, know that if they can just get away with knocking it down, it's never going to go back up. And you know, we don't need to go around putting up extra statues of Captain Cook now, but it's a really important historical marker of who we were back then, what society's values were back then, and we should show that. And these guys, if they want to just wipe out all the history they don't like, they're actually performing this really dark or Wellian thing. They're so stupid they don't get it, but it's actually going again. They're actually whitewashing all the questionable or bad or dodgy things or whatever that are in our history, as well as some good things, of course, which they wouldn't understand. Into year zero.
Speaker 2: It's like pol Pott and they don't know history anyway.
Speaker 3: Do you think they know that Captain Cook died before the first fleet?
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm sure they don't even know that.
Speaker 4: A little bit of strife in Hawaii. Apparently on his third voyage he was it wasn't even a captain, by the way, when he came out, he was a lieutenant captain. He was just called captain because he was in charge of a ship. But on his third, third big voyage of Discovery went to Hawaii. It was starting to get really people think maybe he had like some winstead of goat or something. He was getting very crotchety and starting to have himself, and he thought he could reason with this local chief in Hawaii and bring him back to the boat for some negotiations. And all the nats well and all the.
Speaker 6: Other whole knife in the neck, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I think they clubbed him over the head. They probably got a few knives in there as well, but they, yeah, there was. They all just piled on. They thought they thought that he was abducting their king. He thought that he was. You know, that the natives were restless, as they said said in the old days, and that if they could just negotiate and talk to the king, because they've been there before heaps of times as well, and there was some suggestion that when they were there the last time, the locals thought because it happened to coincide with some weird prophecy of the gods rocking up at a certain point, they thought they thought that these guys must be the ghost of their ancestors or some weird deities or whatever. And then when Cook came back the second time in the same voyage, so he went there, the naves were great, everyone's happy, blah blah blahlah blah, locals loved hi, blah blah blah. And he goes, yeah, I'm Captain Cook, I'm the man. Awesome. He goes off, comes back again a couple of weeks later, whenever it was, and it's the wrong time of the calendar and something. They're oh, no, I definitely, And then he's like, oh my god, what's happening quick, Let's talk to the chief. Come on, you remember us, we were such good friends last time. Come over to the boat. We'll talk away from all these people. Now there's taking our chief away. And now he's taking actor's stealing acting bash him a death. That's how he died.
Speaker 3: The thing about Captain Cook is he was actually a great and courageous man.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was a phenomenal navigator. It was an absolutely amazing navigator. To these idiots at like.
Speaker 2: One am, two am in the morning and.
Speaker 3: Paris Statue and claim they're we're not.
Speaker 7: Comparing apples with and no one would suggest that we were.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: Since October seventh, we have talked at length of the atrocious carnage of that day, literally unthinkable to you or I. And yet in all of that, what very few people had any time.
Speaker 6: To pay attention to was how on earth in such a.
Speaker 7: Massive breach of Israeli territory take place. We know that Massad is the most feared intelligence agency in the world. We know that that border is arguably the most guarded border in the world.
Speaker 6: Israel itself is a fortress.
Speaker 7: It has to run itself that way, otherwise it would never have survived for as long as it has.
Speaker 6: The Iron Dome also the most.
Speaker 7: Sophisticated ballistic missile weaponry in the world. Anyone who's been to Israel knows, man, you cannot walk for five minutes without seeing another idf soldier with arm to the back teeth because they are ready twenty four to seven for any kind of breach of their national security.
Speaker 6: Well, last week, an article from.
Speaker 7: The Jerusalem Posts reveals that a newly surfaced document has revealed that the IDF and Israeli intelligence did, in fact have detailed knowledge of Hamasa's plan to raid Israel and to kidnap two hundred and fifty people weeks before the October seven massacre.
Speaker 6: I read straight from the Jerusalem Post here.
Speaker 7: It says the document, which was compiled in the Gaza Division, outlined Hamasa's intentions and was known to top intelligence officials. According to a report by can News, the document, titled Detailed End to End Raid Training, was distributed on September nineteenth and twenty three and described in detail the series of exercises conducted by Hamasa's elite units. These exercises included raiding military posts and kabuts, kidnapping soldiers and civilians, and maintaining the hostages once they were in the Gaza strips. So the article goes on to talk about how Israeli officers had monitored these exercises. They documented the steps that Harmask planned to take once they'd breached the border and taken these hostages.
Speaker 6: To me, this makes a lot.
Speaker 7: More sense that they knew, right because ever since that attack.
Speaker 6: I was like, they can't have not know these guys, the live streaming, the killing of Jews.
Speaker 7: There is just no way the intelligence age weren't all.
Speaker 4: The question now is at which level of the intellig like how far up did this information go? In the side reporter is saying the the problem was that for some reason this information wasn't process properly and it didn't get to senior enough officials to act on it. Now, this could be either a true or be an ass covering exercise by said senior officials who said, oh well I never saw it. These guys must have gathered at all, but I never got to me. It seems extremely strange that it would have been received and not acted on, because I reckon Netanyahu's job is probably now could put I reckon He's gone as a result of this.
Speaker 3: All the it's inconceivable that it would have been received and not acted on. They've grossly overestimated their own capability. I think they also underestimated her Musk. Yeah that's for a report, and thought, well, maybe I think.
Speaker 4: They've got these guys aren't capable of such a sophisticated attack.
Speaker 7: No, that is I think that is a ridiculously keen anyone who knows anything about how brilliant Israel is at this stuff, whether it's masade, whether it's the Iron Doo, whether it's the idea crawling all over Israel again because they have to for their own survival. The fact that they were just like, oh, we just underestimate her musks.
Speaker 6: They take.
Speaker 7: Bullets and and and missiles from those guys every other day, so that that is just there.
Speaker 4: But they've never they've never faced something like this before. So they thought, and I know, I was in this area a year, two year or two ago, and you know, and again they thought it was just a matter. And this is the problem you fight. The greatest mistake is fighting the last war, not the next one. So they had all their air raid shelters, they had the iron dime. They're working on even new laser technology that was even more advanced than what they had already. These guys they just throw these you know, cheap homemade rockets or whatever, or these crappy conventional rockets that they throw over to us our stuff is so much more high TechEd, so much better. You know, we can we can smash them. And and then how on earth they were confronted by this, Whether they just thought no, that's too far fetched, whether it never got to the right person, it's just it.
Speaker 6: Was devastating to know that they did.
Speaker 4: Someone head has to roll for this.
Speaker 7: And now the following day there was another headline by the Jerusalem Post saying, now everyone is just playing the blame game because it trying to find.
Speaker 6: Out who that's right, how how it.
Speaker 7: Gotten and the investigations team is expected to present their findings to the Chief of staff within weeks.
Speaker 6: But I mean, how do you look.
Speaker 7: Your people in the face and say this happened on our watch, Look.
Speaker 4: To your daughter is dead because and we were told it was going to happen, and we didn't think it was a credible thing, or we didn't pass it on or whatever. And again that's why I think Nenyahu is cactus. I don't know Israeli law particularly well, but I imagine if this becomes known, there could be a pretty massive.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends action. They could destroy the level of.
Speaker 3: The negligence occurred. The other problem everything though is to have this kind of investigation, which is obviously incredibly serious, while you're still fighting a war.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, because you don't want to and.
Speaker 7: While your war cabinet has just dissolved itself, that's right. So clearly there's some very different opinions that are at war within the war cabinet.
Speaker 2: You want a united nation when you're that's right.
Speaker 3: And Israel has internal squabbling, especially in your own defense.
Speaker 4: And long before this, Israel's parliament has been an absolute basket case. So what you've had is Netna, who's center right liquid party, has been having to go. It's the big never gets a majority, but it gets more than the others, and it's the only party that can manage to form a majority because the rest all over the left, the ultra conservative, hard right parties, sort of people who just believe in one Israel, no past. They won't have anything to do with the other parties, and so the Could is prepared to deal with them, is prepared to deal with them. Sol Could has to actually go further to the right. And Netah has also got prosecution hanging over his head, and the only way he's going to get out of that little pickle is if he's the prime minister. So he's got his own literal life is freedom depending on it, and so he's constantly forming all these increasingly impossible coalitions. Like when I was in Israel, and again this was a year year, almost a year and a half before the attacks, they were just having constant elections. It was election, not election, not election, not election, it was just one election after the other. People were thinking of that back then, they united momentarily in the wake of October seven and said, right, okay, we know Bibby, you know Netnaho is a tough guy. Maybe he's the guy we need. And then already the war cabinet is falling apart. He doesn't appear to have any strategy post actually beating her mass or even knowing what that looks like, like what's the benchmark for that, And so people are just coming loose. And a friend of mine who came back from Israel, you know, a couple of months ago, said pretty much everyone there just thinks they're furious that they're furious that was to happen, and want to know when the failures were. And it's clear now that there's no actual objective in place. To there's no endgame. What does victory even look like. Nobody knows, so I think he's gone.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: A couple of years on from the COVID pandemic. It's amazing how little reflection there's been, especially in Western nations, when you consider not just the lives that were lost, but the impolt upon people's lives because of the pandemic response.
Speaker 2: But there started to be some reflection in the US.
Speaker 3: Anthony Feltchi recently was hall before Congress to defend his handling of the pandemic, and we learned, for instance, that social distancing had no basis in science at all. It was just something that he didn't even know where it had come from. And then the former head of the CDC, Robert Redfield, recently said that he regarded vaccine mandates as a terrible mistake because COVID clearly was not a huge threat to young people, and he said that the risks of vaccine mandates for young people with something that ought not to have been pushed upon people.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Some more developments have taken place recently, with both Texas and Kansas suing the Piser company alleging that Fireser made misleading statements about the vaccine, And now there's been a poll in the US that's brought forth some quite extraordinary findings. The poll has found that fully a quarter of Americans who took the vaccine now regret having done so, and a third of Americans believe that the vaccine is a cause of deaths that is resulting in excess mortality being experienced in many Western nations. It's further reason is why in Australia it's outrageous that we don't have a Royal commission into the pandemic response. There are clearly a lot of questions from a lot of people about so much that happened during that period, and here in Australia we seem to be just sailing on as if nothing ever happened. But easy government want to have an inquiry with a pretty much predetermined response because it won't involve any of the states who made most of the decisions. At least in the US, people are starting, it appears, to ask some of the harder questions that it seems don't want to be asked here.
Speaker 7: Look, we're never going to get the Royal Commission, I'm convinced of that, but you're quite right and asking where is the same in Australia. We've seen several attorney generals in the States now suing Pfizer, saying you're lied to us, basically, and we've got the stats to prove it, We've got the documents of your own research to prove it.
Speaker 6: And we're just not.
Speaker 7: Seeing any premiere or certainly any of our federal government one to take up this gauntlet, which is just unbelievable when you consider last week we were talking about the fact.
Speaker 6: That Texas and Kansas is suing Pfizer.
Speaker 7: The week before that, we're talking about how the Ninth Circuit caught in the States had ruled that they mRNA vaccine actually wasn't a vaccine by virtue of being mRNA, therefore it could never and should never have been mandated. And then the week before that, we were talking about the astounding study by the Dutch researchers who had looked into excess mortality in the Western world, looked at the data from forty seven different countries and they reckon, actually, we think there's a link here when we're talking about excess mortality and this particular I just said.
Speaker 4: We should investigate. I I don't know if I actually when as far as I say we think there's a link, they just said we should investigate it.
Speaker 5: Well the research then you okay, maybe they did say that, but that is sure.
Speaker 4: They said this correlate. They said, this correlates with the time that the lockdown end and everyone was vaccinated, and we would be derelicting our duty if we didn't investigate to see it. I don't think they actually said we think there's a link.
Speaker 7: I'm happy if they said, oh, take your point. I found the research that they'd done that I was reading very very comprehensive, and they went so far as to say that previous studies that had been done, which they'd all poured over, had drastically understated fatalities as well as side effects.
Speaker 6: And they were just like, how much of this has slipped through?
Speaker 7: But when you consider that last July, our own Western Australian government published data showing that the COVID JAB had caused injuries around twenty four times the rate of ordinary scheduled vaccines. Isn't that alone enough for someone in the WA Parliament to go, I'm fighting for my people. That's not okay. You guys told us that this thing was one hundred percent safe. We mandated it for our state, and now we've picked up on the fact that there seems to be a lot more injuries caused by this one any.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anyone ever said it was one hundred percent SI I said it was much much cipher than in COVID, And now that's clear. It's clear, and a lot of people.
Speaker 7: So everyone lived through the last four years.
Speaker 2: People were told that it was safe, were told that it was safe.
Speaker 4: But again it's important to making discinis percent, you know, making a guarantee that there's absolutely no way anything would go wrong, which is what one hundred percent is, and saying this is actually your best option. It is much better. Certainly if you're older, that is much better to have this Yews.
Speaker 3: The bigger point, The bigger point is the continuing lack of curiosity.
Speaker 4: Right because everyone's because everyone's in it, Like I mean, Settle the rev.
Speaker 3: For Bit tried four times before he finally convinced our senators maybe we should have an inquiry into excess deaths in this country. And after the fourth attempt, when they finally agreed and they voted thirty one to thirty.
Speaker 2: In favor of having an inquiry.
Speaker 3: You would think representatives of the Australian people would be curious. If there's excess mortalities, maybe we should find out why. You know how many days they allowed for the inquiry. One day they allowed one day to look into it. The lack of curiosity is the thing that really annoys it. Yeah, and because there are a lot of our answered questions, we don't know a lot that would I couldn't be asking the questions and have the right people.
Speaker 4: Even and even during lockdown. And again this is something that I was very interested in as well. But there are people saying during the lockdown, so you will actually cause all you will do is either front end or back end load a whole batch of deaths. So you know, and again we've san people people, people are not getting treated and have things like you know, the fact that no one would have an immunity. Anyone with kids at the moment knows that everyone is sick all the time and it's not going away. It's just one thing after another. It's because there's no immunity to the little viruses that usually would circulate every winter and everyone would be exposed to And so you build that natural immunity, there any number of things, you know, the social media, and again thousands of kids have just slipped out of the school system, you know, kids exposed to neglect and poor health in the home because they can't go to school or they're not being identified. So it could be I'm convinced that. I'm certainly there are excess mortality is I'm convinced there was a result of a whole bunch of COVID measures, lockdowns and things like that. I'm not sure that it's all just due to people getting back.
Speaker 3: When you consider the impact that had on lives, the questions need to continue to be asked. Both in the United States and in Australia, governments continue to advise that, particularly for older people or people with pre existing health conditions, the vaccine is the best protection from COVID. Let's move on to the UK, where Nigel Farage has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons by nominating for the election. Prior to his introduction, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that labor would romp it in and they still will. But it's now a bit more interesting, isn't it, Liz, Because all of a sudden Nigel Farage is making a few people nervous, I think with his policies. He's calling for net zero to be abolished, for massive crackdowns on immigration, for the UK to withdraw from all these globalist organizations. And there's no suggestion of the that Farage will win an election. He might not even win a seat, and yet people are very upset with him.
Speaker 7: No, but in the last three polls, in just four days, has his UK Reform Party in second place? Now nowhere near Labor. Okay, Labor are going to win the election. I bet my two front teeth on it. You can quote me on that and claim those teeth and I will give them to her if they don't.
Speaker 4: They're very nice teeth.
Speaker 7: By sure, you have overtaken the Tories, the Conservative Party, which isn't that conservative, which is why they're on their way out, to have overtaken them in leaps.
Speaker 6: And bounds in just a matter of weeks.
Speaker 7: The election, you will remember, is coming up very soon on July the sixth, and Reform UK, since Nigel Farage has announced he's back in the game, has absolutely savaged the polls.
Speaker 6: It is incredible to see.
Speaker 7: So what does the establishment do when they feel un threat. Well, it looks like they're going for Russian collusion hopes number two. They tried it on on Trump. It worked pretty well for them in that election.
Speaker 6: And now the Daily.
Speaker 7: Mail did a front page article saying that Nigel Farage, apparently Zelenski himself, said this has been infected by the virus of Putinism.
Speaker 6: Do me a favor.
Speaker 7: Here's a clip of Nigel Farage ten years ago on the floor of the European Parliament. Have a listen and tell me whether you think he's just a spitting facts or b whether he's caught the virus of Putinism.
Speaker 9: This EUM par ever, seeking to expand, stated its territorial claim on the Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Some years ago.
Speaker 9: Just to make that worse, of course, some NATO members said they too would like the Ukraine to join NATO. We directly encouraged the uprising in the Ukraine that led to the toppling of the president Yanikovich, and that led, of course, in turn to Vladimir Putin reacting. And the moral of the story is, if you poke the Russian bear with a stick, don't be surprised when he reacts. Now, just to continue with that today, we are rushing through an association agreement an undue speed with the Ukraine, and as we speak there are NATO soldiers engaged in military exercises in the Ukraine. Have we taken leave of our senses? Do we actually want to have a war with Putin? Because if we do, we're certainly going about it the right way.
Speaker 7: Ten years later, instead of being hailed as a prophet, he's now being accused of being an ally of Putin. Here he was just yesterday slamming the Daily Mail's article. He said the BBC didn't publish it because it knew it didn't have any legs.
Speaker 6: To stand on.
Speaker 7: But the Daily Mail is so determined to make this a story they're actually the ones colluding with the Kremlin.
Speaker 6: Now have a listen.
Speaker 10: We then get a message this afternoon on the Daily Mail who say to us that they, the Daily Mail, have been in touch with the Kremlin. Yes, that's right, the Daily Mail getting in touch with the Kremlin. And they say that someone who works with the Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov described me as an ally and they planned this to be the next big story tomorrow. Now they know, damn well, I've never been an ally of the administration. I very much doubt the quote is even truthful.
Speaker 7: And I'm very much doubt that anyone's going to fall for this, not after the Rusian collusion.
Speaker 6: Come out to be.
Speaker 4: That's right, completely evil, evil EU trying to suck Ukraine into its evil clause. It's not like the Ukraine has actually want to join the EU.
Speaker 6: We what are you.
Speaker 7: Talking about them acchoosing for raj being some.
Speaker 4: First statement twenty fourteen statement he said that EU was trying to acquire Ukraine as part of its territorial expansion. True, the AU and NATO and is absolute bollocks and the Ukraine that wants to be part of these organizations.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we've got to go to a break, so we're gonna have to end that conversation there just before we do go to a break. Last week, we had a lot of fun answering your questions for the new online Sky News series Ask me Anything, And there are a few tough questions in there, Liz.
Speaker 2: Like who's going to win the US selection?
Speaker 3: Maybe that wasn't so tough, But also people asked how much research we do before this show, which elicited some interesting responses. Now, if you haven't yet seen our Ask Me Anything segment. You can do so by going onto the Sky newsapp or go to sky News dot com Dodau and find the segment in the stream Opinion Shows section. It's available to subscribers of our app for five dollars a month.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look what's making news in tomorrow's papers that's coming up in just a moment. All right, welcome back. Let's take a little what's making news tomorrow so you hear it first from us.
Speaker 2: Liz, you've got the Gold Coast bulletin, Yes.
Speaker 7: Where billionaire Bob l is taking it to the Koalas he wants to build houses. Let him get on with a job, Ladies and gentlemen, Bob gives Feds l Billionaire Bob l is blaming six Koalas for holding up a huge housing development and thousands of critically needed homes. Quote it's a project that could house ten thousand, paper's end.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 7: Tell you what if it's not the spotted rare tope oad or some possum that's just crawled out of a hole in the ground that our government thinks is more important than solving the housing crisis.
Speaker 6: It's six koalas.
Speaker 7: I mean love koalas, but who among them eat six dinner?
Speaker 6: They are ten houses right now.
Speaker 4: Fealthy, drug addult sex pests. Koalas are absolutely they are stoned all day. They chew the leaves symbol and they got and they got. They're riddled with chlamydia as well. I know that's true. Yeah, next time you give one.
Speaker 2: I don't think about that.
Speaker 3: This particular, this particular plot of land is between I think Kumra and pimper Mar, which is a massive growth corridor between Brisbane and the Gold coasts. So for them in the middle of a housing crisis, not this is not seed with this development for the sake of half a dozen koalas.
Speaker 4: Like he's identified the six koalas, like he's got the actual I meantick pins racist. But to me, they all look the same, Like I don't know how he how does he tell them about it?
Speaker 2: Literally? Have people who go on these from.
Speaker 4: That they've tagged.
Speaker 2: Them, tag things, tag trees.
Speaker 4: Definitely not just one kohal of moving very quickly.
Speaker 6: They look for it.
Speaker 4: Have you, Like I said, they're drug adult stoners and they're filthy sex beets.
Speaker 2: So Joe, you've got the datagraph.
Speaker 4: I certainly do, and we have a big splash in the Daily Telegraph. This is why we haven't touched on. Maybe a bit too hot to try it. But Dutton's powder keg Steven Drill, who I believe is a held Sun reporter actually, but the News Corp Metros have got it, said exclusive the opposition leader's son and the little white bag of trouble. Yes, we don't know what it's a white bag of could be anything, could be talcum powder, could be a little bit of sugar, you know, like to put it in your coffee, or maybe a bit of sweet and low if you you know you're trying to cut out a bit of a spark gime. I carry little sash jays of salt because I like when I get my hash brown from the McDonald's drive through, it's never quite enough solveds in it, so I get I have a nice little bag of salt that I put on the hash brown.
Speaker 3: Just as was asked for common and they said this is a private matter for the Dutton family, which I think is entirely I.
Speaker 4: Think it is. I think maybe all politicians starts to be off limits even though it's in the Quantas chairman's lounge.
Speaker 6: That is different.
Speaker 4: Of course it's different. Yes, it's different when it's the other side. I forgot say different when.
Speaker 7: It's literally Hello, we all knew that the Labor government and Quantas seem to have some sweet deal going too.
Speaker 4: And there was his son enjoying, enjoying, enjoying whatever he was enjoying. It didn't come in a little bag.
Speaker 3: I think they're entirely that. Let's go to the front page of the Sun in Melbourne vapes.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Script flip for vapes reads the headline vapes we made available at pharmacies without prescription after the Albanezy government backtracked on its plan to ban the commercial sale of e cigarette so it could strike.
Speaker 2: A deal with the Greens.
Speaker 3: Two interesting things from that one the Labor government doing deals with the Greens. That could be more of that when we get to an election result.
Speaker 4: But this will be the only one, Yeah, sure it will be.
Speaker 3: But of course, Joe, I know you've got a personal interest in this.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I said this was insane because yeah, that's why I always have said, make it harder for adults to get vabes who virtually all reform smokers as far as I know, to get based is insane because this is what more people. Every single one of my ex smoker friends is now on the vapes and they're doing that instead of smoking, and they're far healthier. Unless they're going to grow a second head in a couple of years, I don't know, but I just want to mark this down.
Speaker 2: So they've made it easier. You don't need a prescription.
Speaker 4: You're still going to go to a chemist, but you don't have a tradition, so they can They can provide it like they would provide you know, quadri or whatever. And wasn't it just a buzzkill when they crack down on the good stuff there too? But I would just like to mark for posterity ten forty five pm a s T on Monday, the twenty fourth of June. This is the first time I've ever supported a Greens policy. Wow loucket down. Oh except for except for the time when I actually was a koala and I was a drug adult sex pig. Then I supported quite a few of them in my sensible adult dotage. I should point out the kick to the Greens they've actually done something.
Speaker 3: Good with Armicists are very unhappy about this because the people going to the.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, getting visceral to the front page of the Courier Mail now revealed what government did not want you to know about energy prices. Jeez, that's a long list.
Speaker 6: Cheap states power failure.
Speaker 7: State government Penny Pinching was responsible for the catastrophic twenty twenty one explosion that crippled the Collide Power station, plunging half a million homes into darkness and forcing up energy prices for all. So it goes on to explain the explosion was caused by the failure of a battery backup system with the twenty seventeen procurement process for it quote flowed from start to finish end quote.
Speaker 6: I love how sooner or.
Speaker 7: Later we all find out every single problem we have in our lives is thanks to government ineptitchy.
Speaker 4: I actually once got the best email I ever got. It was many many years ago, and I was a reporter at the Daily Telegraph and someone sent me as a comment said, thanks, Joe, I always know the Telegraph is doing its job properly. When I realized that everything that's wrong in my life is the fault of the state government, even though I live in Queensland.
Speaker 3: The big thing about this story, though, is we're continually told, you know, our aging coal fired power stations, they're failing, and.
Speaker 2: It's just this one of these things.
Speaker 3: We're just oh, we don't know why they're failing or getting things. And now we find out this explosion, which happened in twenty twenty one half a million people lost power, was because the replacement art was never fit for purpose. It was never going to do the job, but it was cheap, and so the government run power station. They decided by that because we don't want to spend the money and it's not cool ideologically to spend money on power stations powered by coal anyway, and.
Speaker 7: They thought for months Cus Energy has bought for months to make sure.
Speaker 6: You never found out about this. Well, now you're front page buddies.
Speaker 3: Never go to the Australian just quickly. The other story that's been making news right across all of the papers tomorrow is of course the next Governor General's two hundred thousand dollars pay rise, and the fact that it's on pretty much every front page tomorrow should be a clue to the government.
Speaker 4: Every single national and metro newspaper has this. It is completely indefensible. I do not know how anyone thought that this was a good idea. I don't know how this bill was even introduced in Parliament without someone thinking, you know what, I'm going to jump out the window instead. It's madness. And look at the headlines.
Speaker 3: I've now got forty three percent to pay rise. Not bad gee, you'd be upset if you were the previous government to.
Speaker 7: Cut ribbons and hold babies and be in a pile of boring photos and no one's ever going to look at I mean, it's just a figurehead.
Speaker 4: They should go, They should go and release more detainee criminals just to distract from this.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break. When we come back.
Speaker 3: You won't believe what the people of Paris have planned as a protest against the money spent cleaning up their river for the Olympic Games.
Speaker 2: It's coming up in a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Will Joe Hildebrand tell us about what the Parisians have planned as a protest prior to the Olympic Game.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, James. Yes, the patient man's time has always come and This is something I've been trying to get onto this show for weeks. You thought I was crazy, you thought it was fake news, you thought I was making it up. But no, the mayor of the French capital of Paris, in case you didn't know, has postponed her plunged into the sand that's the river there after furious Parisians that's the local population, and threatened to defecate in it to protest against the billions being spent to clean the same ahead of the Olympics next month. So the government wants to spend billions of dollars to clean the river, which you think everyone be pretty happy with. No, not the Parisians. They're a bit bullshy, and they.
Speaker 5: Say, hey, there, there's been millions of dollars when you could be spending it on the cross, aren't And they've said we and the mayor and a bunch of people were going to swim in it to prove how clean it was. And the praiser says, oh no, no, maybe, no, no, don't we were defecating it.
Speaker 4: And do you know what they've actually got upot Because this is the exact plot of the movie Under Paris. Take a look We've got some footage of the very very event, and that was the mayor just there. So there you go.
Speaker 3: That actually looks preferable to the protest that's planning. Maybe a choice between the two, I would swim with the sharks lives rather than.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 4: Is the car cars that at Paris.
Speaker 7: Rade runners continue to cut down ules cameras. I don't know how they pronounce them over there. Basically, these cameras are designed they're in London to find people who don't have cars that are up to the latest emission standards, and therefore they're fined for that, which is restricting freedom of movement as well as cranking costs up on.
Speaker 6: The poor, poor people. Right here, they.
Speaker 7: Are taking out the cameras.
Speaker 3: She goes, So that's what people think of those cameras. That's it from us tonight. Stick around. Coming right up is the Reja Penehy program.