Speaker 1: This is the Christy Swan Christmas Special thanks to office works on over Ah.
Speaker 2: It is the greatest day of the year.
Speaker 3: Very Christmas, Jack, Very Christmas, Swanie.
Speaker 2: I come bearing gifts for me. Okay, I'm gonna hold this up. You're gonna tell me what it is?
Speaker 3: What is it? It is a you? Is it a YUEI boom mini roll?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the ultimate ear is mini roll. And I did not purchase this for myself. I bought this for my mum, Pat Swan. I love that and.
Speaker 3: So she can listen to our show in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I didn't give it to her. Oh, I bought it for her. And then this morning I stole it from under the tree because I wanted to, and I just thought it's such a great thing and I would use it so much. Would she use it as much as me? No, So I squirreled it away and I gave her a box of Walkers short Break instead, and she was fine with it.
Speaker 1: Was good.
Speaker 3: She'd be wrapped with that. Hey, we are here with you for the next two hours.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're driving to Christmas lunch, maybe you're driving home from family gift une wrapping the.
Speaker 2: Whole studio smells like ham burps and gingerbread.
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 1: Swanny.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got the great Hugo Weaving joining us.
Speaker 2: How wonderful. I wonder what he brings to a family Christmas.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's the kind of guy that cooks.
Speaker 2: I reckon He's got one signature dish that he does every single time and it's an absolute killer.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's ask him. We're also going to have Brook warn stop by. She's got some exciting stuff happening at the MCG tomorrow for Boxing Day.
Speaker 2: She would have had some over the top Christmases one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: We must ask her about them. And hey, we're going to ask you guys some questions and to get involved in the show. And for doing so you get one hundred bucks cash thanks to Office Works.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 3: The Christy Swan Christmas Special. Here at Nova, the.
Speaker 5: Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Chrsy Swan Christmas Special. We're thrilled to be here and we're thrill that Office Works have. I've got on board. I love Christmas as you know. Yeah, boys, Jack is here. Thank you for giving up your Christmas Day. Appreciate it. My pleasure and Tom, you know you've got a very big family, and I was surprised how quickly you said, Yes, I'll work Christmas Day, no worries.
Speaker 3: I do you have a big family. Mum, let me have the dates.
Speaker 2: And you've been given here since seven am, which was unnecessary, but I'm thrilled.
Speaker 4: Well, we had a Katie Lange cover concert downstairs last night Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Listen. I've told you please stop that. No, we're about to go into twenty twenty five together proudly. No, I do look like Katie Lang. You don't. I'm happy to accept it. We don't. If I say it's fine, it's fine. Dave O'Neil looks like that too, Katie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like a younger version of Katie Lane.
Speaker 2: You don't though, we don't. Let's do anyway. I have bought you Christmas presents and I've waited until today to give them to you. They're sort of the same, but friend, great, this one's for you, Tom, Yes, thank you so much for all your amazing work this year. And you are a thrill to work with every time I see you, and a great singer. And this one is for you and Jack now normally I love presents and I put a lot of thought into it. Open them up, you don't open them. And this year I've bought you cook wear and all that sort of stuff, you know, big boy stuff.
Speaker 3: I use that all the time.
Speaker 2: But this year I've bought you one off artwork.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you're you guys.
Speaker 3: God, you're a good gift giver. Would this.
Speaker 2: So it's some.
Speaker 3: It's Christmas Day, tome, don't swear.
Speaker 2: It's by a guy who works out of his own gallery.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: I bought you one. I bought you this one, Tom because your family is from Sicily.
Speaker 3: So that was that weird text exchange that we had. Text me and goes, where are you from in Italy? I was like, she goes, is that it?
Speaker 2: I was like, you think, so yeah? So there you go there like little little tiles and then I'm beautiful. I love that Italian hand and it reminds me of you Jack, you sometimes use it.
Speaker 3: I love that emoji.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know there's coffee and it's pink because you're both gay. Anything anyway, there you go, so you've got it. I don't know how much artwork you've got at home. It might be your first bit, but I'm thrilled to start your collection.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 2: Now I'm ready to get my present. What have you guys got for me?
Speaker 3: I know we've got some Christmas carols we've got to get to. And Brook warns, I'm outside waiting to come and chat to us. I wait, I wait, Oh, it's all good.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christy Swan Christmas Special here at Nova, the Cristy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening it to the Christy Swan Christmas Special. And I do feel like I've opened the best gift of all because the gorgeous Brook worn.
Speaker 7: Hi Christy, Hi Jack.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me look at you pure sunshine?
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: How are you guys? Good? Thank you very well. Now are you going to be getting an early night so you can really hit the ground running at the NROMA Insurance Boxing Day test tomorrow? Brookie.
Speaker 8: Yes, We're so excited and so grateful for everyone and all of our sponsors.
Speaker 7: To be able to make this happen again.
Speaker 8: And Boxing Day just holds such a special place in our family's heart. And you know, so many iconic memories were made at Boxing Day and we're just so grateful to be able to have our shame more legacy heart checks again at the Boxing Day test on our health.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean if I was going to go, which I'm not, but my brother in law will be there. He's there every single Boxing date. It's like a tradition.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: What can I suggest that he does.
Speaker 8: So on our health checks, shame on legacy health checks. We have a machine that's able to check for your B and I, your blood pressure, your heart age, your cholesterol levels as well. So our four minute uninvasive health check is what you can do. And also we're gonna have stations set up where you can actually get a fingerprick check and you can actually check for your cholesterol levels and your diabetes risk as well.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, that's so good. So like sixteen minutes, sixteen minutes.
Speaker 8: And basically these tests could potentially save your life. So we're gonna have so many machines this year at the Boxing Day test, double the amount of last than last year, and so we're going to hopefully be able to check double the amount of people as well.
Speaker 3: Love it and will you be there all day?
Speaker 2: Brook?
Speaker 7: I will be there all day.
Speaker 8: I'll be there for the whole boxing day test and I'm so excited. So yes, very sad.
Speaker 2: What does Christmas Day entail in your family? Like, what is the one thing that you guys do that you think is a bit unique?
Speaker 8: Well, our Christmas is Christmas for us now is never really the same because Dad loved Christmas and he loved birthdays.
Speaker 2: Knew he would, I knew he'd be a fellow Christmas person.
Speaker 8: Like me, I'm the grinchn't like Christmas very much, but I'm trying to get back into the Christmas spirit. You must, and usually it's it's a whole lot of family time. We usually alternate each year, but this year is my mum's side of Christmas, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 7: My brother's hosting, so we're super excited.
Speaker 8: But a Christmas tradition for us would be either getting in the pool, my mum's chicken sandwiches, my uncle's prawns, lemon slice.
Speaker 7: I love lemon slice, which is my favorite.
Speaker 2: So it's not a very traditional Christmas dish. I know it. What is your dish because you're a cook this year my prawn rolls?
Speaker 3: What kind of role are we talking so little.
Speaker 8: Like a hot dog bun, but a bresh version with prawn's, spring onion, garlic, CuPy mayo and a little bit of chili with cos lettuce or butter lettuce put in with melted butter on the roll and then the prawn mixture on top. So I think I'm going to make those instead of just grilled prawns.
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: Now you've had a massive year and I feel like you have seen two million and five cold Play shows?
Speaker 3: Will here? Can you run us.
Speaker 4: Through where you saw them and how many times you actually went okay?
Speaker 8: So I have been lucky enough to go to their Wembley shows in twenty twenty two. We went to Perth in twenty twenty three, so we did two in Wembley, two in Perth, and then we did three in Melbourne and then Mum and I went.
Speaker 7: To New Zealand and we did two in New Zealand as well.
Speaker 8: So we're so grateful for Chris and the whole Coldplay team for it to be able to look after us.
Speaker 7: But yes, Chris is just the best.
Speaker 3: Do you know, like every lyric to every song? Do you feel like that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yes I do. It is seriously the best. It's the best concert and if you ever get a chance to go, you have to go. It is just the most feel good, positive, feel with love.
Speaker 8: Feel with joy, the best energy from start to finish, and not to mention, the best music ever.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you, and you're not allowed to have Yellow because Yellow is your dad's song for you obviously, but for the entire world, that's off the off the table. Up, what is your favorite Coldplay song?
Speaker 8: My favorite Coldplay song would probably be Him for the Weekend or Viva loveda Oh Wow, all the Scientists, they're my top three part from Yellow.
Speaker 4: All right, Brookie, speaking of music, stick around because we want to play a game called stump Creasy with you. It's been a massive year in Australia for live acts coming, so we're going to play a music game right after this. It's the Christy Swan Christmas Special here at Nova, The Chrissy.
Speaker 5: Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christy Swan Christmas Special. Brookworn, welcome back, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: It's good to be here with us.
Speaker 2: We had a little prawn cocktail and a hand sandwich and you're still here.
Speaker 7: You're still here.
Speaker 2: You've still got me?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: It was a massive year in music for Australia. We had a lot of live international acts come and see us.
Speaker 3: So we're going to play this game Stump Crasy Brook. This is where I pick you increasy together in a game.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of a Swan FM's day tradition because we always end up doing trivia do you or downloading an app exactly like this game.
Speaker 7: Oh, I love that very fun?
Speaker 3: Do you always win? Because your music knowledge is unbelievable?
Speaker 2: Well, my sister's usually there and I learned from the best and I have we have both passed on our genetic predisposition to ridiculous knowledge of lyrics to my daughter.
Speaker 3: Pick how good is that?
Speaker 7: That's amazing?
Speaker 3: Alrighty, I'm going to play the first two seconds of a song.
Speaker 4: And all of these artists have been in Australia this year and have performed live, so they should be in your brains. Okay, alrighty round and you've got to buzzing with the title and.
Speaker 3: Artists shouldn't have had all that egg nog song one.
Speaker 7: I can't help myself.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'll give you a little bit more.
Speaker 2: You know, you know more than me.
Speaker 3: Fret again. What's the song? Are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, the one?
Speaker 7: And I didn't get to go bread Again tickets.
Speaker 8: I bought four fake fred again tis because they were actually a fangirl night sixteen dollars tickets each.
Speaker 3: I bought five of them.
Speaker 2: I thought, yes, this is.
Speaker 8: So I got got freddageint tickets for sixteen dollars, not just a fan night where they played the music.
Speaker 2: And that is the best runner.
Speaker 7: And still didn't get a ticket.
Speaker 4: That show was amazing. You would have loved it, Yeah, already. One point to Brook song number two.
Speaker 7: I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Is it cold point? No, it's not Taylor but close. I'll give you one little bit more.
Speaker 2: Song Driver's License. No, No, that's my favorite one guys, damn Van, I had that song a million times. That little bit that you play did not sound anything like Justice at all.
Speaker 4: It starts quite slow. Still one point to Brook song number three. These are all artists that have been in town this year.
Speaker 2: We're bad at this. That's pink yeah, pill like a pial money.
Speaker 9: Better.
Speaker 3: You can give me.
Speaker 2: Jack's favorite artist.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I would have do pigs backup downs and I had posters on the wall. How off brand is up to me?
Speaker 3: Now? Like absolutely not.
Speaker 2: She was very avant garde. Then you were ahead of the curve.
Speaker 3: It was already one point each. Song number four.
Speaker 2: Crazy, it's cold Play and it's my favorite song. It sparks. I couldn't even hear it.
Speaker 9: Go game.
Speaker 3: I know the song don't Panic.
Speaker 2: Don't Panic beautiful? Why do they call songs that don't have the lyrics in them and.
Speaker 7: Song they have to bring back into their set list?
Speaker 3: Don't Panic, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Parachutes is the best album.
Speaker 3: You've got to stories controverse one point each. This one song five is for the win and you get a hug from me.
Speaker 2: Chrissy Swift and.
Speaker 7: Cruel Summer.
Speaker 2: So did you go to that show? But I went at Wembley, I didn't go to the g I can get tickets to the showing Brook.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for coming in. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas guys. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: See you at Boxing Day tomorrow. Also, I don't think either of you on that that was not great.
Speaker 5: The Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christy Sworn Christmas Special on a Christmas Day? What are we even doing here? I know we're escaping our loved ones. You are my loved one. And last year we did this Christmas show. It was an absolute hoot. My favorite part of any meal is the Christmas cracker. Yes, is yours too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They're good for I mean the food, but like Christmas cracker, do you.
Speaker 2: Soup them up with fun things in such?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a liar. I think it's lame, and I don't do them. I'm not gonna. I just realized I was fully lying. Then, like putting a hat on my head, I've start my hair. I don't want to put the silly hat on my head. Sorry, it's giving grinch, I know, but I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: Mary was a pretty pink hat.
Speaker 4: Because I'm gay, I have to wear a pink one suits you. Okay, So I like this tradition that we've started.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have our own Christmas crackers, but inside are not those lamer the hat anyway, we have our own crackers and inside questions, yes, answer, who's going to go first?
Speaker 3: You go first? Here?
Speaker 2: Two to three? Okay, it was me that time. All right, Jack, Yes, what is your current credit card debt?
Speaker 3: Do you would actually know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me open my up. Guys. This could be really grim, this is, but I think.
Speaker 2: It's really freeing to say the number and not be to be defined by it. What is the.
Speaker 3: Actual number of what's owed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, read it.
Speaker 3: Out, six hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: And what's the minimum payment?
Speaker 3: A one hundred and sixty dollars?
Speaker 4: Like to make it all right, but I paid off every time I get paid, not in full obviously, but like I put a good decent amount onto it.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Yeah, ask me what mine is?
Speaker 3: What is your zero credit card debt?
Speaker 2: Zero? I got into so much trouble when I was about your raid. No, maybe a bit younger, got a credit card, didn't realize that it was still my money. I had to pay it back, you know what. I was just like, oh my god, I've got to pay that what what? And I got in so much trouble that now I'm so anxious about I've always got a zero balance.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what have you got?
Speaker 3: I've got this question? Okay.
Speaker 4: I am one of the only people you speak to every single day.
Speaker 3: What is the thing you like most about me?
Speaker 2: What do I like most about you?
Speaker 3: I've got one for you as well. Actually, what I like.
Speaker 2: About you is that you are so reliable and you're like a good You're like a big mac oh.
Speaker 3: I love that every.
Speaker 2: Time I see you, no matter where in the world or in the office or in the city you are, you are the same. And I love that. I didn't realize how much I needed that in a friend and a colleague.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I really love it. And also, you're never angry. Yeah, okay, you never get angry. I'm never scared of you.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, okay, you know I get sassy, but not angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a difference. I'm never scared because I'm a I can feel people's moods and that if I am vaguely scared, they're going to have a cross word at me. I like see an enemy, and I've never felt that with you, and it's such a relief.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: Mine for you is because someone asked me this the other day and I was like, oh, Like it came to me straight away.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to think about it.
Speaker 4: You are so non judgmental, and especially with me, given with such different lives really outside of your studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Hypothetically, like, for example, if I were to come in one day, I mean, obviously this hasn't happened and I'm hungover, and as someone that doesn't drink or doesn't really you know, have that lifestyle in their life, you're always so So you're the first person to get me a diet coke. You don't judge ever, and you really care and look after me, and I think that, of.
Speaker 2: Course, I trust that you're doing your life the way you want to do it. It's not my business. I worked with someone that was very judgmental and it was very odd to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've never been judging.
Speaker 2: Suddenly that person was my colleague's business. On your business?
Speaker 3: Just support me. Yeah, you're incredibly supportive of non judgmental.
Speaker 2: I love everything about you.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do one more question. Tom's written some good ones.
Speaker 2: How much influenced Oh no, I like this one.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have I ever said anything to you or given any advice that you revisit?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, because I think the things pop up into my head all the time. If I would have write a book. I could list so many things that you've taught me, but they're not always like big, deep life things. There's definitely deep life things, but there's also like little things like every time I put a piece of ice in a glass, I think of you because you were the person that taught me how to twist a really nice cube.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, I just remember on it. When I first started working with you, I never knew that you could twist it. That sounds really weird now, Oh no.
Speaker 2: I remember that and tapping it and trying to get it out, and I'm like, you just twist.
Speaker 4: So I always think about that, how to cook a good steak, how to cook poach eggs properly. Like, there's just lots of life stuff that you I would attribute to you, and.
Speaker 2: You share life stuff with me too, despite the age gap. Yes, one thing that I have really i've been hearing your voice in my head recently. You know, last few months, you just said to me one day, enjoy your life.
Speaker 3: Bish, you got to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You got to enjoy your life. And I'm like, sometimes I'm just like so crazy, and then I hear your voice go, You've got to enjoy your life. And I'm like, yes, I'm musked. I'm so lucky, I'm so fortunate.
Speaker 4: Totally, we've got to find the fun and enjoyment even when we're feeling a bit grim.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: How deep for Christmas Day, guys? We love it fun. It was fun. So Christy's one Christmas special here at Nova. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's a stupid paper hat.
Speaker 5: This is the Christy Swan Christmas Special.
Speaker 1: Thanks to your office works.
Speaker 2: Someone spiked the egg knock me because it was always you.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 2: It is Christmas Day, and welcome to it. No matter what you're doing today, we're going to be with you for the next hour getting you to your next appointment. You know, some of my friends I always had sort of very quiet Christmas days. I just turn up somewhere at the moment I've turned up here. But sometimes my friends will tell me that they've got eight or nine stops.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, no, thank you. I will not be doing that. Why do people agree to that?
Speaker 2: But do you turn into a grinch if you say, oh no, no, I can't have already. I'm not going to three places.
Speaker 4: That's just too much on an ordinary day, like I feel agree for Christmas Day. I get if you've got a split family, you've got to do the morning afternoon set of Vibe.
Speaker 3: But outside of that, other stops are just too.
Speaker 2: Much, oh way too But if you are one of them, at least you got us. Yeah, exactly. Happy journey from third to fourth.
Speaker 4: We have Hugo weed In joining us before the end of the hour.
Speaker 3: We're very excited about that.
Speaker 2: He's a magical man.
Speaker 4: Next, we've got a special edition of Chrissy's Christmas Quizy thirteen twenty four to ten. The prize is epic. It is a five hundred dollars Frank Green Holiday pak. You want to win this. It's the Cristy swe Christmas Special here at Nova, The.
Speaker 5: Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Crusys one Christmas Day Special. We're so thrilled to have your company. Get on the other end of a cracker and guess what's going to be in it?
Speaker 5: What a bum bay, Chrissy's Quizzy and a.
Speaker 2: Really corny joke. That's me. I'm the corny joke.
Speaker 10: Hello Jamie, Hello, beautiful people.
Speaker 5: How are we Merry Christmas?
Speaker 4: We good Jamie, thanks for giving us a call on this exciting day.
Speaker 9: So nothing better to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hear, are you probably dodging the cleanup? And I'm here for that.
Speaker 5: Hello Dawn, Hello, Christy and Jack.
Speaker 2: Have we spoken before? Dawn? No, great, because I'm going to rip out a song that I sang to the other Dawn and it goes like this deal to do. What's that flower you have on? Do you know this song?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Actually the other Dawn didn't know it either.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I only know it from you singing it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, this is the Christmas miracle? Is that nobody knows one of the greatest songs ever.
Speaker 4: Ray, I've got an even better Christmas miracle for Jamie and Dawn. Whoever wins today is going to win a frank Green gift pack worth over five hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars five hundreds Happy.
Speaker 4: Holidays from Australia's favorite sustainable solutions brand, frank Green, featuring premium and stylish reusable products for your summer. Shop the arrange at Frankgreen dot com dot a you. I bet they were under some Christmas trees this morning.
Speaker 2: Only the lucky ones. All right, your names are your buzzes Jamie and Dawn, and it's the best of five. Being the first person to get three answers correct when's the game gets the bum bag, but most importantly gets the five hundred bucks worth of Frank green good is how amazing? Question number one, what are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe.
Speaker 10: Or someone?
Speaker 2: Yes? When was the last person you had a What was the last time you had a lovely little kiss? Dawny my kids this morning? No real one, open tongue and stuff.
Speaker 3: While question number two.
Speaker 2: In home alone, where are the mcallisters going on vacation when they leave Kevin behind?
Speaker 6: Dawn?
Speaker 10: Is it New York City?
Speaker 2: It is not. That's where they live. They're going to Paris.
Speaker 3: Question number three.
Speaker 2: I think that's where they live.
Speaker 3: I think they live in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Don't they live somewhere colder? Question number three, which singer has a Christmas netflix called a nonsense Christmas.
Speaker 9: Jamie?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jamie, Sa Carpenter, it is Sa Carpenter.
Speaker 4: Question number four score check one point to Dawn, one point to Jamie.
Speaker 2: Can you name this Christmas song?
Speaker 4: Yes, Jamie, Dawn, alrighty.
Speaker 3: Question number five is for the wind Dawn.
Speaker 2: You know there's a whole documentary out about that song, and I still haven't seen one of the two most popular names for Santa Claus Dawn, Yes, John, Oh Father Christmas. Yes, No, you've just made that up. We would have accepted Saint nic or Chris Kringle. Question number six, how do you say Merry Christmas in Spanish?
Speaker 5: Dawn?
Speaker 2: Yes, Dawn?
Speaker 3: Is it it is?
Speaker 2: Bellissa Vidada? You one?
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Dawn.
Speaker 4: That bum bag and that Frank Green gift packworth over five hundred dollars is yours?
Speaker 2: Beautiful?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Merry Christmas everyone, and Jamie, you're.
Speaker 2: Not going home empty handed. I gott to find something for you. I don't know what it is, but forgot. It's sake. It's Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: We're going to give Jamie a Christy Swan Show bumbag as well.
Speaker 2: Of course we are. We're not scroogy.
Speaker 4: It's the Christy Swan Christmas Special here at Nova, the Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Hello you, and good on you for listening it to the Christy Swan Christmas Special. The day is here so exciting. I do love Christmas Day so much.
Speaker 4: So, I Swanny, I was hoping we'd see Santa in the Novas studio is given it's Christmas Day, but apparently not, and apparently not.
Speaker 2: We're the only two chumps that work on this day. Look, I'm going to say that almost one hundred percent of people would have done the presents by now. I'm sure there are a few people that do them at night or whatever, but you know they're done and dusted, and there are going to be some moments that occurred this morning amid the wrapping paper in front of the tree that will be very hard to forget because sometimes people miss the mark on gifts.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: It is tough with like cousins, I find sometimes because you don't always know them that well, and that intimately that it's hard to buy for them.
Speaker 2: I know people say that, but what about just one of those canisters from the supermarket of Cadbury scorched Starman's. You can't go wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm wouldn't be happy with that.
Speaker 2: We've got Claire on the line. Hello Claire, Hello Mary, Christmas Christmas. I'm so impressed that you're talking to us generally. You know, it's very hard to talk with that much ham in your tummy.
Speaker 9: I haven't even star.
Speaker 2: Oh good girl. Now, Claire, we're talking terrible gifts, and you have one that I cannot believe.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think I think after thirty two years how they kind of hit a wall and he really pushed the boat out this year and I got a car air freshener.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. Was it one of those sort of fancy plug in ones I called aby Purr or something, you know, the ones that there was something that there's a fancy one or was it just like a pine tree that you hang off the revision mirror?
Speaker 9: Do you know what? One of those fancy ones might even have been really nice? But no, it wasn't. It was actually one that you just hang off the mirror.
Speaker 2: Oh no, was it like a custom made was it his face or no?
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't custom made. It was supporting the basketball team that we support. So he did actually have to order it, so you know that kind of I don't know. In a way, I'm impressed, but then also I'm thinking if he was ordering it ahead of time, he probably could have got something else.
Speaker 2: So Claire, are you, like, you know, communicative enough to say.
Speaker 3: We're getting divorced?
Speaker 2: Could you say I'm sorry. To think of what I would do. I would be like, is this a joke? But then you don't want to you don't what? And then did you go? How did how did this happen? Do you hate me? Get a lawyer?
Speaker 9: I literally I was speechless. I've got to be honest. I was absolutely speechless. And I usually I'm pretty good at putting on a poker face, but I was like, ah, okay, thanks. Did he say know what else to say?
Speaker 2: Did he say? I don't know. I I fell on some train tracks and I've lost my memory. I don't know who you are anymore? Like what did he say about an air freshener?
Speaker 9: No, I mean he kind of just said. Look, he says, we've kind of had enough Christmases now and we buy what we want. So this was just like a you know, just like a thought more than anything. But it was like, yeah, okay, I think my kids actually probably gave me a bit more thought than that.
Speaker 2: But still I feel like, I feel like, if you're going to call time on Christmas, and I think it's absolute, absolutely a good idea, sometimes I think that needs to be a discussion before you open an air fresh now.
Speaker 3: I absolutely agree.
Speaker 4: Also, I kind of look at those air fresheners and think they only look okay for Christmas for the month of December because they do just look at Christmas trees all year und in people's car.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, but mine is I've got one of Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: I bought it myself.
Speaker 4: I like, hey, Claire, you've got one hundred dollars cash thanks to Office Works thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: Imagine how many air fresheners you can get for.
Speaker 3: That, right, thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: We want to ask you on this Christmas Day, what is the worst gift you've received? You will also receive one hundred dollars cash thanks to Office Works. It's the christiest one Christmas Special here over.
Speaker 2: It could have happened this morning. You could be holding the worst present ever.
Speaker 5: The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, we are here. Can you believe it? It is Christmas Day and you are listening to us, And that is the greatest gift we have ever received. It's the Christy Swan Christmas Special. We're talking about the worst gifts you've ever got. And we just spoke to Claire who got an air freshener.
Speaker 3: From her husband of all people, and.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even it wasn't being funny.
Speaker 3: No, I do worry about their relationship.
Speaker 2: No I don't. I just I would worry about myself in that situation because I don't really understand jokes like that. I don't understand jokes and pranks, and I would think it was a prank, but I didn't understand it. But it wasn't a prank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's confusing to be very awkward.
Speaker 4: We are asking what is the worst gift you've received, and just for getting on air with us, we'll give you one hundred bucks cash thanks to Office Works.
Speaker 3: So let's kick off with Chloe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm running out of different ways to say, Mary Chris. Was that the yule tied? Chloe? Mary Chris?
Speaker 10: What is time?
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: Welcome?
Speaker 10: I'm so stoked. Now I've got I've got a beauty. One of my beautiful friends who I've been friends with for a very long time, gave me a pair of herb cust like herb scissors. Now not only do I not cook, I don't garden.
Speaker 2: See this is the thing. When you said I got herbs, I was like, oh my god, what a great present.
Speaker 3: For me like that.
Speaker 2: That is a great present for me because I do garden and I do grow my own herbs and I cook with them. That is perfect. In fact, I went, oh, maybe that's good. I'll get that next year. But for you, that is so thoughtless. Did you bring it up with her? Did you say, oh, what's this about?
Speaker 10: Well, it was a bit of a novelty a joke at the time. And then I said, oh, I said, what do I actually use these for? And she told me and I said, you know, I don't cook, and you know I don't garden. And she's like, oh, I thought you might like them still, and I said, oh, thanks, but would you like them back?
Speaker 2: Oh, Chloe, this is too much. And then do you did you ever speak to her again?
Speaker 10: Of course, yes, she's still one of my very best friends.
Speaker 4: I would whack them in the cupboard, Chloe and regive them to like my grand or pop for their birthday.
Speaker 3: Yes, pay Phil, bye guys.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: J Noelle, what's the worst gift you've received? Mate?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 11: God, this was such a terrible gift. I receive peanuts nuts for my Christmas gift.
Speaker 2: So did you say peanuts?
Speaker 11: Yeah, peanuts like a peanuts gift like one of those music bars, like who gave you that? One of my good mates?
Speaker 2: That is the most unusual gift, but even more unusual because.
Speaker 11: I was allergic to those basically peanuts and that was all in them.
Speaker 3: Oh well, your friends trying to kill you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll tell you I'll tell you what. And Uncle Toby's gift back is a lot easier to get than a loaded gun.
Speaker 3: Hundred bucks cash thanks to office works for you, Phil, Hello.
Speaker 2: Just center, Hello Christy?
Speaker 6: How you going?
Speaker 2: I love the sound of your voice. I just love it.
Speaker 3: Have you eaten? You?
Speaker 2: Weeight in prawns or ham or pork or crack lang? Where you're at?
Speaker 3: Just sent?
Speaker 6: Look, Chrissy, Yeah, I am not yet, but looking very much forward.
Speaker 2: To great great But wait, what is the worst gift you've ever got? And who was it from?
Speaker 6: Oh, Chrissy, It was a long time ago now, is when I first started going out with my husband and my now husband and I got a weight loss cookbook from my mother in law and we'd only been dating for like this was probably only the first or second family Christmas that I had attended that was pre kids, and I yeah, actually thought I was looking all right, then.
Speaker 2: Funny, just center. I mean, in the words of the Great Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate today, forgive then, so they not know, they do not know what they do. Just center. Women born in that time thought it was absolutely fine to say things like, oh your pet's elders, jeez, you're a big girl, all that sort of stuff, and it just made you feel like dying.
Speaker 3: Are you close with her? Now? It's the vibe like, now.
Speaker 6: No, Jack, No, we're not. I thought Jack to open a present of it.
Speaker 2: I actually thought Jack was just going to do one of his greatest hits there and say are you still close with her? And you were going to say, no, she's dead. Generally what happens to him?
Speaker 5: The Christy Swan Show, Hey have the yule tied?
Speaker 2: You'll love this show. You listening to the Christie's Christmas Special and we are thrilled to welcome the latest Santa Claus of our dreams, famous and beloved actor Hugo Weaving. Merry Christmas. Hugo, Hello, I was just about to say, can I sit on your I don't want it to go down that track. You're a married man now, Christmas. It's a it's a big day. You are part of a already incredibly beloved and taken to our hearts feature film that is available on binge. It's been around for about three weeks. Everyone's loving it. I think it's going to be fantastic Boxing day kind of ham and rum hangover kind of cure. So watch that if you haven't already to make gravy. It's called how to Make Gravy based on this song. I can't know. I just can't tell you how much we love it. First of all, are you the generally a host for Christmas Day? What's happening?
Speaker 12: It's sort of try and swing with the family, whatever, whatever people want to do. I try and sort of just make Because it's too many competing agendas at Christmas, I find it easier to just go with the flow, and which means sometimes, yes, I think this Christmas, it's a little bit at our house. Last Christmas it was someone else's house Christmas. So I just tend to sort of swing with whoever's sort of, you know, deciding to do Christmas that year. So that's what that's That's that's where I said.
Speaker 2: Christmas to me means a lot of prawns, which leads to massive inflammation in my joints. But I have no regrets. And that seventies you know, ketchup and Mayo Murray rose sauce. That's Christmas for me. What for my grant, it was a trifle with about seven bottles of mcwilliam's sherry. Yep, what is the one dish like Paul Kelly's gravy and his dollop of tomato sauce. What is your signature dish for Christmas?
Speaker 12: It's called summer pudding.
Speaker 2: Oh, tell us about it?
Speaker 12: And summer pudding is actually one of the great culinary dishes that has come out of England. It's a beautiful summer fruit dish. You line a bowl with bread or it could be panforte, could be could be panatonin, and so you want to but you want bread basically, and then you just you put black berries, black currants, red currants. You have to get red currants and raspberries. Don't put strawberries in don't put blueberries in wine. That's what I do anyway, and that you like all so like red wine and stew the fruit up, just half of it with some sugar and then the rest of it's fresh that all just sits inside the bread soaks up all the juices. You weight it down, put it in the fridge overnight. The next day you turn it out and it's a It's this beautiful, ready purple dessert that you cut into and have with cream or ice cream, and it is absolutely the best. Yeah, absolutely, vanilla and just a bit of sugar and vanilla and wine and all that fruit and bread. It's the best thing.
Speaker 4: Oh my, yougo, what's your drink of choice whilst you're doing the dishes tonight on Christmas Night?
Speaker 12: What do you enjoy a drink Christmas? It would probably be a martini. I'm a bit of a Marchini dude.
Speaker 3: Same same, I've just got into the last ye.
Speaker 12: And grony as well. But then let's not talk about the drinks. I like, there's quite a few of it.
Speaker 2: And what do you wear on Christmas Day?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it a fresh outfit?
Speaker 12: Santa's outfit? No? What do I wear on Christmas Day? I don't know, very little.
Speaker 3: It's warm, maybe it's usually pretty warm.
Speaker 12: Yeah where I am I think it's hot.
Speaker 2: I'm imagining you in one of those sort of novelty aprons and nothing else.
Speaker 4: Make sure you stream How to Make Gravy tonight whilst you're doing the dishes. Whack it on, It's on bing It's a fantastic film. Hugo Weaving. Thank you so much for your time and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 12: Merry Chris us everyone, thank you.
Speaker 3: Check us out.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Do you