Speaker 1: It's a lucky lucky, lucky lucky dip. Damn, it's mail. It's Monday. This is like a dip episode today.
Speaker 2: Hello Monty, Hello everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it is It's Mal and Monty. Our bite sized little nuggets of podcast are our lucky Dip episodes. So if you're new to the podcast, thanks for listening. This is just a little morsel. And then on Thursdays we also have a long reform podcast. And then every second Monday we have our iconic podcast that I do with book around chronic health.
Speaker 2: Look at us what a network. See We've got We've always got something for you, always for always you. You know what.
Speaker 1: A lot of requests. I know you're very busy, but a lot of requests come through.
Speaker 2: For It's a doozy where you deep dive.
Speaker 1: Into a fucking random story.
Speaker 2: And I really miss doing them a lot. I love them. I'm just very time poor. But I will I will. I will definitely try and try and.
Speaker 1: See how you go. Don't kill yourself over at duh.
Speaker 2: No, No, we've been inundated with messages. One message mate, Bryl.
Speaker 1: No, there's been quite a few to the point that I'm like, really.
Speaker 2: They're actually quite good. I do have to say I would listen to them if I were, well, I've got a little story, a little bit of trivia. Maybe let's say, oh, okay, it's not like you. Okay, so we all know Frank Sinatra, Yes, oh blue eyes. He was also a bit of a shit person. There's some story he was.
Speaker 1: A Mormonizer, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: He was, but like beyond that, like hit like underage girls and all that stuff, like just yeah, not.
Speaker 1: That she used to fly back then. You know, his mum was like a really full on feminist and she I don't know if she was a doctor or what she was exactly, but she performed abortions back when maybe aren't able to be. Yeah, she was like a real fucking real you know, women's rights, would go against the law and just was a real powerhouse. So the fact that he was such a womaniser is quite interesting.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny, it's so his parents were Italian immigrants, right right. Italy seems quite progressive in some ways. Just for an article come up the other day about how they're trying to push for babies to automatically take the mothers because they keep their maiden names over there, do they? Yeah, so like Mark's auntie, let's say her surname's Smith, and she marries someone whose surname's brown. The way they do it is her name would be like Melissa Smith and then they say in brown, so it's almost hyphenating or whatever. But they generally will keep their maiden names attached to their name. But yeah, they're trying to change it so that babies are born they take the mother's surname. And I'm like, okay, that makes total sense to me.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it all like it's everything so archaic and we often don't question it.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I know, why do it?
Speaker 1: Like it? Because it was an ownership thing, like so people would know the woman belonged to that man. That's why you've got the same name.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. And as you said, you don't even I wouldn't have even really questioned it, like I didn't. Yeah, yeah, anyway, So Frank Sinatra, funnily enough, you knew he released fifty nine studio albums and had two hundred and ninety seven singles. Two hundred and ninety seven isn't total like unbelievable, Wow, amazing yeah. Anyway, towards the end of his life, the last few years, he'd been in really shitty health because you know, he'd lived, lived any Yeah, loved a durrry, loved a bit of boot, he did it. So in February of nineteen ninety seven, he had a major heart attack and he hadn't been seen in public since, right, okay, anyway, So then on the night of May fourteenth, nineteen ninety eight, so a year and a bit later, he's at home with his wife when he has like a massive heart attack. Shit, she calls nine to one one. The ambulance get there in like record time, four minutes or so, and then they get to see the Sinai hospital like in unprecedented time. The reason that they got there so quick and got to the hospital so quick is because also on May fourteenth, nineteen ninety eight, was the season finale of Seinfeld. No. Yes, so everybody there was no traffic on the road. My god, everyone was inside watching the season finale. That is amazing, okay. And also Frank's daughter Nancy Sinatra, these boots are made for.
Speaker 1: Did she sing that song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no? Was that her?
Speaker 1: No? That was Jessica.
Speaker 2: No, but anyway, so his daughter Nancy was meant to go and visit him earlier that day, but she got stuck in a vortex of watching Seinfeld reruns before the finale was going to be, so she never got there to see him, and she only learned of her dad's death after the episode had finished, because he did end up going on to die. They kept him alive for about an hour and then he died.
Speaker 1: And so did they go, like, just out of courtesy, go, well, we know what, Nancy's a mad Seinfeld fan. Let's call her after the episode finishes.
Speaker 2: No, but I think I think it was because it was an hour right, like the episode had finished before he'd actually died, and also the timing.
Speaker 1: Like two tragic events on the same day. I ever think I saw the Seinfeld ending, but apparently it was the biggest fucking stoinker of all time.
Speaker 2: I think they're bringing it back. I think Jerry Seinfeld said something I think a few months ago that's sort of they're going to start Seinfeld again. That yeah, he said something. I know.
Speaker 1: I know, God, it's risky, it's too risky. Although Kirby your enthusiasm. Larry David, who was the creator of Seinfeld with Seinfeld who didn't wasn't involved in the last episode because that part of his stuff on Larry Day on Kirby Your Enthusiasm was blatantly saying that he wasn't a part of that shit show. But he's the fucking funniest and is the funniest show. I love it so much. I think I would appreciate Seinfeld more now than I would back when it was on. I didn't really get it then. On a side note, just to up myself, you know how many people have said that I remind them of a Lane Really. Yeah, it was about to say book wise, but personality wise, Like I worked with a couple of people who are like, I.
Speaker 2: Cannot believe it.
Speaker 1: I think it's because their thing was they would pick up on the tiniest detail of something. And yes, and I think I tend to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would love to see her in that role again. I love her so much, Julia Luis Dreyfus. She's like a genius to me. Yeah, yeah, well exactly, I can see the correlation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: But I know, of course, a couple of other quick things. So you know that the night after Sinatra's death. The lights on the Empire State Building, they turned them blue, and then they dimmed all the lights I think for the first time on the Las Vegas Strip, and for one minute they stopped all the slot machines. And yeah, Mark's cousin was there at the time, and when she came back, she was like, it was the most fucking eerie thing ever. She said, It's like all the sound, all the whatever that's always happening in Vegas. She said, it was like every sign quiet.
Speaker 1: That gives me goosebumps, meeting being in Crown Casino in Melbourne. And if that was all quite how eerie that would be let alone Vagus you know.
Speaker 2: Same And Seinfeld was the fourth most watched series finale of all time. I'm like, I would have for sure thought it was the number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else is there?
Speaker 2: You know what the top three are? I'll go from three. Three is the Fugitive. I don't even know what that is. Number two was cheese, Okay, Yeah, Number one was what we would have thought as kids, was the worst show ever.
Speaker 1: Don't say mash mash just.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was all the green, oh so much green, so much cark.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for listening. We love when we hear from your Show and Tell podcasts. Is our Instagram name. You can message us there anytime. Also, if you want to give us a rating or a comment. Wherever you listening to a podcast that's hugely helpful. We appreciate it and we'll chat to you soon. Love you,