Speaker 1: Welcome to three sixty League from every angle, brought to you by tel Fars joining me again the great good and talents. It's been the General Australian James Hooper and Dean Bulldog Richie. And what a time of the year it is to be alive. The Grand Finals coming up, there's daly m Knights, can smell the flowers, the weather's changing.
Speaker 2: Bulldog's getting shirt off of the beach.
Speaker 3: That's all great arrived, We've got Grand Final, We've got the daly M's. Where else do we do want to bee hoops?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. I can't get that image of you with your shirt off at the beach out of my head, Bulldog. But aside from that, spring is in the air. Rugby League's Nine of Nights said they are in the background on it's the green carpet this year, but plenty of glitz and glamor out there. Now, that is it. That's eleven out of ten bro anywhere that last year. That is an outstanding What you're excited to?
Speaker 5: No, I like it. I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 6: You know, the best player and used to go to these awards and they were a little bit different too, tonight it's just full of blows. We'd sit around there and I was never up for an awards, so they were quite boring for me.
Speaker 3: But that's a great note who was unavailable for them through set off?
Speaker 1: All right, the biggest names from the NROL and rold W are walking the red carpet ahead of the twenty twenty four dam Medal Awards. Lara Pitt and Jake Duke Addressed to kill and ready to go go eys well or not, we've got coming up.
Speaker 7: Good evening, Brad. Yes, it's all starting to kick off here at the twenty twenty four Dallim Medal on the Green carpet. Here at Wigstand at Royal Randwick, who's who of rugby league are arriving. We'll be catching up with all the biggest names. Of course, tonight is about celebrating the season we've just had. We'll be handing out Coach, Captain, Rookie of the Year. But the big one, Jake, is the Dahia Medal for our NRL and nrol W players.
Speaker 8: Very close competitions. Who will take out those big medals at the end of the night. But of course we've got our green carpet show coming up at seven thirty on Fox League. We're going to give out a few medals as well, the Tackle, the Try of the Year for both the men and the women, the VB Hardest Working Player, and the Keern Irvine Medallist as well. So that is from seven to thirty. But it's going to be a wonderful leaving plenty of glising, glamor.
Speaker 7: Absolutely we have to get going Graith because everyone's starting to arrive. We' see you was seven thirty for all the action on the green carpet.
Speaker 1: Hey you guys, a big night ahead. But let's not beat around the bush. Who wins the Dali m Medal.
Speaker 4: I'm going the running man, Jerome Hughes, so robust, so dynamic in terms of what he's been able to do for the Melbourne Storm this season. They finished on top of the competition, probably the only thing that can possibly take aways all the other stars in that side on a weekly basis. That mean, perhaps Jerome doesn't always poll three points, but jeez put together an awesome season of football.
Speaker 9: It took control of that Storm side when your man Monthster went down with that groining around eleven. But he does start about sixteen points behind. When voting went behind.
Speaker 3: Closed doors, he was a long way behind Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 9: But of the games since that on twelve behind closed doors, Melbourne played twelve and they won eleven. So he can have to storm home to win. But I reckon he can stor him. I'm given that record.
Speaker 2: Storm home.
Speaker 6: There you go, you can get and tedessco. I reckon he had a really good finish to the season. And as you said, because last night Braith, when you said that he wasn't in the top ten, that surprised me the same, you know what I mean. And then Munster comes back and has a great finish to the game, so players have be taking points off him.
Speaker 1: It's a great night for the women as well. The female daly m Player of the Year thoughts.
Speaker 4: So Merka Upton has put together an outstanding season as always. I think she'll be right in the frome.
Speaker 9: Lauren Brown or Olivia Kernick for me being great ball this year?
Speaker 2: All right, what about the Coach of the year. A few contenders for this.
Speaker 1: I think it's Serroualdo and the two heavyweights spelling me and clearly.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You think it'll be a developed print. Fato between those three. I got a loan towards Craig Bellamy based on the fact they finished three games clear of Penrith as Minor premiers. Not too many people going the chance to finish right up the elite end of the ladder at the beginning of the season. He just continues to reinvent that side. They play an awesome brand of footy and he's in his tenth grader chance or not? I thought maybe the first week finals exit I heard him bulldog.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think he had a great year, clearly, But what more does Craig Bellamy have to do? They win the Minor primship by three wins. He wins his first qualifying final straight into the GF. How can you not give it.
Speaker 2: To down with you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, and I haven't gone for four Grand Finals in a row, but you'd go Craig when you I think with If you look at the Melbourne Storm side, that's not the strongest side in the competition and they finished on top, as you said, by three victories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair call.
Speaker 1: All right, Now to Stephen Crichton, just get the Captain of the Year or not?
Speaker 2: He was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Surely Betting suspended brave flow. He was just off the charts. I think we all balked when Cameron Serraldo gave us some details about the army camp that they went up in Brisbane and the fact that all the SAS leaders had identified Stephen as the standout captaincy material had to take the captaincy off reed Marney, which I'm sure it was always a sensitive subject, but he was just phenomenal this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got to get it.
Speaker 9: It was unbelievable, wasn't He's only twenty two, He wasn't supposed to be captain. It was a fair effort to come to a new club and also be given the captaincy. That's a pretty heavy responsibility and he did it with absolute a.
Speaker 3: Plumb and breaking.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone predicted the impact that he would have, and not only on the field, but often for such a twenty three years of age, he's around that mark to come to a club under pressure of being their major signing, but then deliver, as I said, not only with his performances but just how much better.
Speaker 2: They played and they were all around.
Speaker 1: They turned the culture around there surround on Guss obviously have a big play to part in part to play in that. But the Crichton effect was as an ex player, I hadn't seen a player go into a club and have such impact.
Speaker 2: It was pretty phenomenal. Boarding.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: One thing you know about leaders, as leaders, someone of the people follow so we went there and they followed him.
Speaker 5: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 6: When he was on the field, they were much better side the improvement and the dogs and he was leading away. So he'll be right up there, all right. What about Rookie of the Year. It's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: You know, some play you're going to play a certain many games or not, and you know if you get to spend it, obviously you can't get it.
Speaker 2: But where are we at with this? Who's winning this one?
Speaker 3: I think Ethan Strange will win it.
Speaker 9: I think it's a bit of a travesty that Lachland Galant available. I mean, clearly he is the Rookie of the Year, is out and out winner, but he can't. So it's Boss stock Iro or Ero from Karnala and or Strange.
Speaker 3: But I think Strange wins it.
Speaker 4: Plays t Lagi another was nominated. Really strange scis Look, I know they finished fifteenth, but at the same time, Panthers there absolutely laughing, having signed him from their rivals for next season. Galvin can't win it because he was suspended against the Yeals for that hip drop. It is a shame, but they're the rules. Strange had an outstanding season as we.
Speaker 3: Like those rules that apply.
Speaker 9: Like Galvin has denied it when clearly he is the best in that category.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, I missed out on all the.
Speaker 8: Year.
Speaker 6: Gen know what I think, if you can still get the points and you're the best player, if you win it, right, because if you get suspended where you don't get points in those games, but if you're still good enough to win it and you are the best player.
Speaker 5: But I love Boston.
Speaker 6: Underrated Dolphins games so underrated. He was in the top three players for the dolphinsnally every week.
Speaker 1: There's some good players have won that Rookie of the Year over the years, no doubt about that. Now, Hoo's what's going on with Liam Martin and Cameron Munson. It was a bit either beat up or not throughout the day. On the last couple of days you've been we've been reporting on it, we haven't.
Speaker 2: I think it was a Dally Telegraph. He did, and the music started for this one as well.
Speaker 4: But I love this rape. I think there is some genuine bad blood. You can hear Taylor Swift in the background. He is Cameron Munster, one of the great Alaricans and characters of the game. Liam is Loam. We probably didn't like each other in Ossie Kids. He'll want to take my head off and vice versa. He was just trying to get under my skin and it worked a fair bit a few times. I have to go out there and not get frazzled and just take over.
Speaker 2: So that was Cameron.
Speaker 4: I think now we've got Liam responding coming up shortly. It's just about to roll over here, it is. Can we get the music back again? That I was planning on going after him and the rest of the Storm team like I usually do. It won't change anything in that aspect. I thought we were sweet. I wouldn't say we were best mates, but I thought we were fine. I was quite surprised by it.
Speaker 2: That is what it is.
Speaker 4: I love the squad and I absolutely love it. The players have.
Speaker 5: To like everybody you played with.
Speaker 6: I didn't, especially from another state, but you've got to respect them when you're in a team. There's a mutual respect, but there's some players you just don't get along with. When you're on a tour and you're way for eight weeks, you get your little groups and you go have your meals or whatever, and it's happened. I think ever since then Australian side has gone away.
Speaker 4: I just love players being prepared to speak there and it used to happen in your day time. I remember you had a couple of great set tos with Ben Kennedy after the State of Origin games and that sort of thing, and that's the passion that comes out in big games. There's a lot on the line. I think Cameron that was a bit of a sneaky little half a kick in the in the State of Origin. So you can see bulldog where this stems from.
Speaker 3: You know what it smacks.
Speaker 9: Off to me, Queensland disliking any new South Welshman who dares to stick up for themselves.
Speaker 3: You want to go on and have a crack at a Queenslander.
Speaker 5: How dare you? We are dominant, you.
Speaker 10: Can't come near us.
Speaker 2: So that's what Lamb Markin is done.
Speaker 6: No, that's what That's the way Cameron plays. But nothing except stick up for his state Liam Martin.
Speaker 9: The Queenslanders don't like it when you take it to them, and what a camera did you stick up for himself with a knee.
Speaker 1: I don't want to burst the lines, Bubbly, but I spoke to the camera this morning and he was actually he'd be laughing.
Speaker 2: He was, he was a bit.
Speaker 1: He didn't mean it that way, and I know I hate the Percy Bubbly who's but he was disappointed because he actually likes the him a lot and he didn't want to put Field on any fire and.
Speaker 2: He's got a good relationship with him. They don't get along like their best mates or anything.
Speaker 1: And of course they're not going and they've got a Grand Final to play this week and neither team really like each other, let's be honest. But he certainly doesn't have an issue with him.
Speaker 4: Good smither Broth tell me that I was hesitant to say it, but a few between rival players, I think there is some genuine feeling that there's no doubt, sweetball. What's burning the papers aside? Come Sunday they.
Speaker 2: Will go anyway, no doubt.
Speaker 3: And that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Nice munster sense.
Speaker 1: He was inspired by the Panthers dynasty to remain in Melbourne. And I will speak first on this because I was obviously a part of the negotiations for Camera and State Melbourne and the key was for him, which I was surprised with.
Speaker 2: Throughout the negotiations.
Speaker 6: There was so much money on the line with the Dolphins, not only on field but off field.
Speaker 2: It was significant.
Speaker 1: It was it was more than anyone could ever imagine the difference if he would have left his Melbourne Storm to go to the Dolphins. The opportunity was incredible. But it just come down to the fact that he's a competitor and he wants to win premierships and and and really he can be validated this weekend by that decision if he wins the premiership, because it was really the sole focus. I mean, he loves the joint, that's a reason, but the main one was he wants to win more premierships and obviously watching the Panthers. He actually ranged me the second the Panthers won the premiership. He ranged me straight away and said I'm staying and I said you're sure, and he goes, yep, I want to win premierships.
Speaker 2: So it's right.
Speaker 1: It's actually a fact that it's watching that was what drives him and winning competitions, winning games, and that's why, that's why he plays the game. He was he was very close At different times.
Speaker 2: I thought he was.
Speaker 1: I've said that before, but he just loves Melbourne too much. He loves winning too much, and that's that's his DNA, that's what he's made up.
Speaker 4: To leave a million and a half dollars on the table body, that's a huge decision. That shows how much Cameron does care about the Melbourne storm. But I remember this story. I think the Panthers smash Paramatta in that Grand Final and he'd actually finished work for the year, and then all of a sudden it broke that Cameron wanted to stay. And the reasoning was because he watched Nathan and watched him dominate in that Grand Final and he was like, right, well, I want to be there again. I want to be back there. And here we are two years later and the stage is set. So it's a great.
Speaker 2: Stan and to that too.
Speaker 1: At the start of this year, hoops, I don't think anyone it was. If anyone did, it was, it wasn't many they thought that Melbourne could win the comp Realistically, if I were saying they were short on forwards.
Speaker 2: You know, they didn't really play great last year.
Speaker 6: They bowed out of the finals, and they weren't ahead of the Panthers Rooster's broncos. They were because they're so consistent and they performed so.
Speaker 2: Well every week.
Speaker 6: You can put them in your top You put him in the top eight and probably fourth or fire right.
Speaker 2: But I don't think anyone thought they'd been a Grand final this week.
Speaker 1: It's till halfway during the ear of course, but one pen is to start the year.
Speaker 4: I remember sitting on this show and they'll criticize for having a pop gun forward pack, and that includes Nelson Softa Solomona. I know we won't play this weekend, but there's certainly not too much pop gun about the way that Nelson plays. But you're right, Brave. None of the experts had the Melbourne Storm winning the minor premiership all being in the Grand Final. So it just goes to show that all that work that they do. They go and do the boot camp in Geelong over the course of the summer, Craig makes every new player that hasn't been at the club previously go out and get an actual proper job and know what it's like to do a hard day's yakker on the tools. The system works and it doesn't matter who they bring in. Yes, they've got the best spine in the competition, but it's also down to damn good coaching in the system that they've got set up.
Speaker 9: You can't blame the experts over not picking the storm, no way, King Howarth, Meani blow Liero, Alec McDonnell exactly. That's not in many ways a Grand Final winning side. And I say that with audibis X to Craig Bella. But when you see that on paper, you don't think we just said that, and I said it in a better way.
Speaker 5: He's going to I had the list and shaming.
Speaker 2: Had the list mate.
Speaker 4: He can be on for the cloth Churchildren at least type of performance. Bull.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the Panthers, right, Can they keep doing it? They're going for a four peet. It is out of this world. They can do it. I think that they're a big possibility of doing it. No one can deny that. What do you what do you guys think based it.
Speaker 9: On a last week and that's the only way you can judge your form at the moment. Certainly Melbourne's form was clinical, brilliant and impressive compared to the Panthers, so I thought were quite clunky. Whether Penrith had one eye on the Grand Final, I don't know whether they would be that arrogant or not, but maybe they did.
Speaker 3: But based on that, I can't go past Melbourne stall.
Speaker 5: No, I think they can do it.
Speaker 6: I thought at the beginning of the year, I'm thinking it's it's just because, and it's just history. I thought, you know, and the MODERNI and no side's going to win four. Halfway through the year they started to get a bit wobbly legs, there's a lot of injuries, I'm thinking, and now I think they can.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think it's a dead heat.
Speaker 4: It's a genuine toss of a coin, fifty to fifty game. It's going to be whoever grabs those big moments. But the thing that I think is a clear advantage for the Panthers is their Grand Final experience. Of course, they have got so many players in that side who've been there, done at one. They are tuned to the millisecond for this time of year. I think last to your point fam earlier Bulldog, I think against Cronella that they probably did have one eye on making it through and having to come up against the heavyweights in Melbourne this Sunday. But Nathan Cleary, he still just knows if you're going to hit the forty twenty when it come up with the tricing tax, which is.
Speaker 1: What matters in the Grand Final, and if you're going off the form of last week, you're spot on Melbourne probably ahead. But that list is an example for me that list have delivered all year, No they have, but have they won a premiership and do they know what it's like to deliver on the biggest stage of all when you've.
Speaker 2: Got the whole of Australia stop to watch.
Speaker 6: You, and when you haven't won to do anything special. But it comes down to big moments, healing pressure and that's monster, that's huge, that's Papaeus and that's grand. If those guys go there and do their job.
Speaker 4: And Nelson that's the advantage.
Speaker 6: That's where Penrith have the advantage absolutely, that's where they have a clear advantage.
Speaker 4: And in front of eighty thousand fans at the Course Stadium, you'd have to think eighty percent will probably be Penrith support it so it's going to be a very pro Penrith crowd. They've had so much success at that stadium, they know every blade of grass. I think the Panthers should be favorites.
Speaker 9: I worry about Nathan Shoulder, I really do. He's been training a week as to how he falls. He's doing all these techniques in preparation.
Speaker 3: Is serious.
Speaker 9: It's one tackle off being taken off the field and if he goes off, he's not going back on again, and that would destroy Penwrith emotionally and tactically.
Speaker 4: Can they not noodle it? Well, he's it's a Grand Final.
Speaker 3: I mean they won't tip and.
Speaker 4: They needle it because it's a Grand Final, and on tipping he gets through. He's showed previously he has a phenomenal ability to be able.
Speaker 3: To when it comes out, you're not playing on.
Speaker 9: And that was an unorthodox tackle last week. I think it was on young Era, wasn't it. That's when it came out again, That's when he went to grab it straight away.
Speaker 4: But then he played on after that. I know he ultimately came off after a couple more sets, but he made tackles. To me, I think if you needle it, I know that some of the fear fact amongers are all saying, what was the quote during the week from NRL Physio ticking was ticking time.
Speaker 1: Physio is getting the start off all the journeys this week, so he's becoming quite prominent.
Speaker 6: You're you're really worried about You're really worried about it. Earlier Buzz was sad the other night about Nelson. You're worried about Nathan.
Speaker 3: I just think break it to be a tragedy.
Speaker 9: Look at him and you can see him one tackle and he gets up and grabs it.
Speaker 3: I'm just need to be a tragedy for the game.
Speaker 2: I'm just worried about you too. Calls for I haven't clear and to coach the Blues. This is a big one.
Speaker 1: He's obviously had a lot of success, we know that, and Canny be successful for New South Wales.
Speaker 2: What does he want to be?
Speaker 4: I think he could be If you go back a couple of years when Freddy had lost the opening couple of games of his last series in charge, Will he went got to Ivan to sit the coach's box for game three they won. His son's the best player on the side. He's a future captain of the state. I think it can work. If I'm the new South Wales blues hierarchy, I'm straight out the M four on Monday, irrespective of what happened the man on Sunday. Well, because rick Ricky Stewarts ruled himself out, Laurie Daily will only go for it if they approach him. Guskuld ruled himself out. I just think of all the candidates, well, he's in a fifth straight Grand final. He knows all those penalty reason.
Speaker 9: He's in the fifth straight Grand final because he's not being disrupted during the season.
Speaker 3: No coach can do both. I'm adamant about that.
Speaker 9: Ivan's great success is that he's there preseason. He's not wearing a bad state of origin. He's not there or he's there rather than that big clump in the middle of the year and the emotional.
Speaker 4: Toilet takes on a coach given how successful they have been. Though, idea he is one of the fam What did you just say that.
Speaker 9: I think if he takes it, they're almost saying, look, we know we probably can't win it. I just think they're going to get there's no way that they will let him do it.
Speaker 2: Do you think if he takes it, he's giving out all the pants season.
Speaker 5: Got enough respect from the club that he could say.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying if he takes it and walks away essentially for six to eight weeks during the year.
Speaker 4: Is there a couple of years ago, remember he got crool and Camera Saldo had to take over.
Speaker 2: He didn't go to.
Speaker 4: Games, he was barely at training like he was actually genuinely in a fairly bad way. So I think Penrith have got that Juggernauts set up so well that you could allow Peter Wallace and Bed Garden of the assistance to take over for that six week block and it'd actually be great training for those two individuals. And I even could just focus totally on state of origin, not just six So you've got to.
Speaker 3: Do the whole season. You got your eye and your brain from round one.
Speaker 4: He's living it every week. He's living in every way.
Speaker 6: Has anyone spoken about Danny Bidiers as a potential candidate.
Speaker 2: I just thought about him today.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: No, I hadn't heard his name, but I like what he's done in the jumper and he was obviously part of the coaching staff when Freddie was in there, so he understands how it all fits together from a playing point of view, but also from a coach's perspective.
Speaker 1: Adam Renolds has worn his teammates. Michael go I won't be holding back as the Bronco skipper opened up on the shock exit of Kevin Wilters.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a bit of mixed emotions, to be honest. Look, I've got a really good relationship with Kevy. I feel terrible about what's happened. I think as players when there takes some sort of ownership, and there was pretty much everyone in for that internal review, it was all pretty much anonymous, so I don't know what anyone said, but yeah, I was certainly a big porter of keV.
Speaker 4: I liked his coach and style. I thought he was a great coach.
Speaker 11: You know, I played some of my best football I believe underneath him, and that's above us as players. I've got a good relationship with Mudge obviously from over the years. He's a winner.
Speaker 4: He comes in, he.
Speaker 11: Demands success straight away, and he holds everyone accountable to their actions both on the field and off the field. And the boys, well get a bit of a shock. We need the hard processon. We obviously didn't have a good season last year and you know, no matter who the coach was, we need to bunk it down.
Speaker 1: Adam Reynold's there talking about Mage McGuire coming in and Kevin Walter's going out saying that Madge will ask some hard truths of the team. And I suppose Adam would know because he's played underneath him in the past.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on this.
Speaker 3: He's won a premiership with Maudge in fourteen.
Speaker 9: Madge will tip that club on its head, breath, and it needs to be tipped on the sea.
Speaker 3: The egos are out of control. And I'll tell you a couple of things.
Speaker 5: No players going on the board?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 5: Is he for the team? What's that?
Speaker 9: I think that some of the egos were out of control, Gordy, and you can either confirm will deny that.
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what places walking through places on the place.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that bad? The injuries they have You won't see.
Speaker 3: That, I'm telling you. And you won't see no a polish either.
Speaker 5: You won't see on the fingers of.
Speaker 2: Wayne Benning.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Wayne Bennett was that right?
Speaker 6: A bloke walked in, he had a bad haircut, and I think it happened at the Dogs too. They sent him. He goes, you don't walk in this dress room. Won't they do that anymore? Because he loses the dressing room?
Speaker 3: Times have changed?
Speaker 2: Do you think that?
Speaker 1: Imagine maguire player, And this is no disrespect to Reese, but do you think he will allow this in the sheds at a night game, walking through with his versat on he's on. Do you think I can't visually see it or imagine, knowing Madge that he will allow that. And I'm not saying that at the end of the world that Reese has got freedom of choice to do that, But I don't think I cannot see it.
Speaker 2: Can you see this happening with Magic?
Speaker 6: I just think with all the young players now, you can't tell them what they were. You watch all them, you watch the Maddie John's couch. They've all got the labels on. They follow the NFL, they followed the basketball as you watch the more walk in in.
Speaker 2: The sheds though, like there's do you not look at that in the sheds?
Speaker 1: And like, I know it's a bit of judgmental, but you think Jesus confident this kid like he's you know, like which I like confidence and I like arrogance, but because you've got to have it to be the best, one of the best players in our game. You need that arrogance and that conference for the for belief and to think that you can dominate one.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't have said anything like Kathy Freeman in the suit Whendell Saylor wanted to wear when all Saylor wanted to wear silver boots in two thousand and we talked him out of it.
Speaker 5: Right, It's got to come.
Speaker 6: From the players, because if the coach does it, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna ask one more. Do you think you'll see him like this next year?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? You do. Absolutely the coach five years.
Speaker 9: The coach sets the culture. And this is not a crack Kevi. I know you love Kevin. I love him, but I just think things will change and he will not. He being Ryche Walsh won't dream of doing that if that dressing room is different.
Speaker 2: All right, now, will Matt? There were getting there?
Speaker 1: Now, let's cross back to the daly Ms where Jake is with the night Skipper with.
Speaker 8: The reigning Dahim medalist Kaylen Ponger KP. Take me back to last year. How did it feel to have your name read out at the end there.
Speaker 12: It was pretty surreal, to be honest. There was a bit of a shock, a bit of a surprise, something that I look back on in many years, no doubt, and.
Speaker 10: Be pretty proud of.
Speaker 12: But yeah, it was as a special moment.
Speaker 8: I remember interviewing your mum on the red carpet last year. She didn't give you much of a chance, she said, No.
Speaker 12: She's my harshest critic, my mum. She thinks I'm slow, she thinks them all these sort of things. But she had a beautiful night. It is a beautiful night for many reasons, and no doubt tonight will be another one.
Speaker 8: How are you feeling You obviously had a very good back end of the season this year. Do you think another run on the cards possibly? Or what are you thinking for the daim Oh?
Speaker 10: Definitely me.
Speaker 12: No, I think I think Jerome Jeromes Hughes, that's my tip, but no doubt will get points.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 12: There was a it seemed like a lot of people hit for him back end of the year, and yeah, but I think it's it's room, is.
Speaker 5: Not OKAYP Thanks for your time going and joy the night.
Speaker 10: Thank you chis.
Speaker 2: While we're on the subject, did you like his hearings?
Speaker 3: Loved him thinking get anyone for Christmas?
Speaker 4: You you would you ever do the nails?
Speaker 2: The color?
Speaker 5: He doesn't want to put it in your little t Rex.
Speaker 2: Guinea pick.
Speaker 3: The show said you know a bulldo you? You called me?
Speaker 5: That's true?
Speaker 2: Now it will select Pong in the Australian team.
Speaker 4: I think it all comes down to whether Dylan Edwards and Nathan Cleary make themselves available after Sunday Night breaks. So there's been in a bait over the course last ten days of will you or won't he is in? Dylan Edwards be available. If he is, I think he's straight in and I think he wears a number one jumper. If he's not well, then all of a sudden, male's got to have a rethink. Does he remain with Tedesco, who is the incumbent captain, or does he go with Kalen who, in fairness did have an eleven out of ten performance against the Cowboys even though Newcastle were beat in one of the.
Speaker 9: Final Lineral has demanded that he comes back and makes himself available. He's done that, whether it be right or wrong in the first place, is another debate for another day. But if he is now available, and the enneral has pushed for this, how do you not pick him?
Speaker 2: But was it a reluctant availability?
Speaker 9: It was break But how does mal now say, Okay, you've gone through the protocols, you've gone through the process, you're now back your available. You've done the right thing about an a rule, But hey, I'm not going to pick you. It makes the whole process seem ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well, no, not not if Dylan Edwards is available. But I think that's fair game. You're entitled to pick Dylan. He's one the star of origin series with the Blues. This year, he's been one of Penrith's best in the run of five straight Grand finals. I think that's okay. I think that's play on more with Klein. I don't know how much of a disservice he's done himself by the way he's handled it from start to finish, by not picking up the phone of mail, by just announcing it on social media that sorry, I'm not going to make myself available, no injury. It was all very confucious and perplexing.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 9: Not if he came out and said I don't want to play. I wouldn't have forced him to play. I just would have said, okay, you've made your bed, You've got three years.
Speaker 4: I don't worry about it to play.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: Maybe too good to Maybe he didn't realize, right, he's had a long year, he's played.
Speaker 4: Did realize, well, now he does. No, he realized what he was doing. He put a statement out saying just letting you know, I'm more focused on trying to win a premiership with Newcastle than playing for Australia. So I withdrawing from the Pacific Championship. So I don't want to wear the greening.
Speaker 3: If I'm a Newcastle and I'm happy with that, and that's fine too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but someone's gonna have to pay for that decision, and it's got to be him on the screen because he made it.
Speaker 3: And now, in my eyes, that's a three year ban.
Speaker 5: Your fingers a little good at that?
Speaker 2: Now, three Ben, that's huge.
Speaker 9: Well, Braith, what for Blake watched the Turney's back on the Green and Gold.
Speaker 3: I think there's got to be some punishment.
Speaker 2: We're all entitled to our opinion.
Speaker 1: That's fine, let's head back to the Darien as Jake is with the Bulldogs.
Speaker 8: Catch with Dogs coach Cameron Serraldo. Cameron, congratulations nominated for Coach of the Year. How you're feeling about going up against Ivan your old mentor and Craig Bellamy as well.
Speaker 13: It's a little bit weird, I've got to be honest, but it's just good to be here and have a few of our boys nominated and celebrate what was a really good season.
Speaker 10: But yeah, left us hungry for more.
Speaker 8: You mentioned some of your boys nominated. Stephen Crichton for captain. What did he do for this dog side this year? Why does he deserve that award?
Speaker 13: I just had such a massive influence he for someone to come new to a club and just leads straight away and lead with actions and experience, he's just brilliant. So I just thought he had such a massive influence and deserves to be recognized tonight.
Speaker 8: What about Jacob Krraz obviously had a really great season as well. He's up for Winger of the Year. Probably an underrated player, but he was fantastic for you guys.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not underrated in our four walls.
Speaker 13: We love what he does and he had such a good year and he carried a lot of injuries throughout the season as well, so really excited about him getting back to full fitness over the off season and see what he can do next year.
Speaker 8: Pest of the Year, do you think you've got a favorite for that in Reid Marney.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's a pest every day, but we love him.
Speaker 13: He just goes out and competes, and yeah, he led that this year, so hopefully he gets an award for it somewhere.
Speaker 8: Just finally, obviously on the Grand Final. You're a big part of the Panthers, you know, I haven't so well. How unbelievable is that they're going to a fifth straight Grand Final.
Speaker 13: It's just awesome now, and it's no surprise because they work so hard and they tick every box and yeah, and their players just lead by example. It's just so humble.
Speaker 10: Never never have an ego get to him or anything. So yeah, they deserve everything they get.
Speaker 5: Camp.
Speaker 8: Thanks for your time and enjoy they're not thanks mane.
Speaker 1: Now it's time to present the Peter Frilingos Headline Moment of the Year. There was some amazing nominees, the Hammers amazing solo try, the Panthers incredible comeback, but the winner is Xavier Coach match winning try against the Warriors.
Speaker 2: And how good was this guy?
Speaker 5: That was amazing.
Speaker 6: With all the wingers what they do these days to get the ball down, this is probably the best I've seen.
Speaker 5: Great guy, what is he?
Speaker 6: Six foot five and looking at it in fast motion? He doesn't get that bulldown, does he? And then they slow it down? This is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Dog. That's off the.
Speaker 9: Charts even for the wingers these days. And what they do. You look back at the old days and the great wingers like an Eric Growth example, but you know they couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: The wingers these days are so brilliant and they're so agile. It's unbelievable what they can do.
Speaker 4: What gives it even grammatically phenomenal bulldog, But what gives it even more gravitas is in the context of that match, they had to score that He had to contort himself the way that he did and ground that ball to win the game for the Storm. So to do it the full time siren was about the sound an outstanding effort. Also just an honorable mention. That foot race between the Fox and the Hammer, that was a highlight moment as well. That was brilliant vision.
Speaker 1: I'll tell he's been brilliant you too. You're very much outstanding the guinea pick things. I think you were a bud.
Speaker 3: I'll be back for early next year with my hearings.
Speaker 4: Give a long one a diamond, Diamond
Speaker 1: Who worked as a generous Steve bockeration, Billy Moore and tonight following three sixty The Dallium Awards are live and exclusive on Fox League