Speaker 1: So I'm starting this today.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think so, and I'll tell you why, because i'd like to announce at the outset that asshole John's remember last week when he was coughing and spluttering all over me, trying to make me see big one, and effectively, yes he has. And you know what, tragically I even lost my voice for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and now.
Speaker 4: And you we wonder why?
Speaker 3: And he that's just my builder, Anthony classic Quarters. He's on the hotline. And at the day I actually caught him sleeping on my pillow, live on your own freaking pillow, in my heart.
Speaker 2: Surrounded by you.
Speaker 5: Why would Anthony be sleeping on pillow?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Why are you sleep? Why is the build of sleeping in your bed.
Speaker 2: At all made?
Speaker 1: He suddenly so confused.
Speaker 2: Suddenly he's in my sundown. I orians are sleeping in a pillow. He's sleeping in my wife.
Speaker 4: Just what's got? What's going on? Antre jers in my Wif anything, he's really cashing in on renovating the house. He's starting to have some serious demands.
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping he's take a little bit off the top, you know, So you really would so, Hey, Cooper, happy birthday, mate.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys. I was waiting for someone to say it. I thought, Am I going to have to throw to my own birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, you don't make it well done?
Speaker 5: Actually, could you practice throwing because it's very Cooper Johnson throws your own birth.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to have to here, right darhle not good? Not good?
Speaker 2: See so soldier on here. I've done it last.
Speaker 1: Time I was.
Speaker 3: I wasn't crying out in the middle of the night. Oh I think you need to take my hospital a serious. Mine was hang on, hang on, okay, okay, people.
Speaker 4: When we look and that's a good point because dad, Because Dad's pissed me off the last week as well, and I've tried to be as patient as possible with you.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 4: I love you. I love you more than life itself more. I love you more than anyone in this room apart from myself.
Speaker 1: Do you love him more than me?
Speaker 4: That's what I just said, didn't I? But you are just the most the worst patient. When we did the Hudson Young interview the other day, was that crooked. You've been cooked for two weeks exactly, and you haven't had it's not bad enough that unless you were getting imputated.
Speaker 2: At the hospital.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, just just front up. And the other thing you're doing is you say, I'm that crook. I'm that crook. But then you come over here train, get your immune system all down, and then you just then you plumme it in the afternoon and you're.
Speaker 5: Like, what about yesterday? He had a cough yesterday, Cooper and he goes to U S Trish. He goes, I'm going to go and train next door and try and get it off my chest. I'd love to see what a doctor would say about that.
Speaker 4: And then you also said I think I've done my rib cartiledge because I've been coughing so much. And then you went and trained.
Speaker 2: So what the hell is that.
Speaker 4: Supposed to do?
Speaker 2: And what it does is just what I do. It's like when I used to roll mangle back in the day and people say to keep off and look after it. I should go and do it, to work on it, get the blood flowing, go for it. It went really good at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you when I'm in emergency surgery, you stop the doctor and say, can you ever look at these?
Speaker 4: Because when he's like crooked. It's almost like, yeah, well you just don't egg shells around him because it's just like he's just one light breeze away from like turning an incredible hole. He goes up before the huts.
Speaker 5: And young and died.
Speaker 4: Last week. He fell asleep. We'd lined up, I'd lined up, had some live from camera basically off no sleep after the Origin game, so it was like he had a thin window and Dad was I come downstairs. Dad was asleep on the couch with Luigi on his chest. And I went on and I was like, it was almost like flashback to your childhood. You don't want to go and wake your dad up when he's asleep because you just cracked the belt and bellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The memory I only had like a screen time.
Speaker 4: But what I did was I went on his phone and set an alarm for two minutes time, and then walked into the other room. And then and then it was just I just heard like the alarm went off, and Dad went fucking I didn't sit in the alarm, That's how sick was. And I walked I said, he goes, oh, what are you doing? I said, we got Hudson's like waiting down the line and got him ready to go for an interview.
Speaker 2: And actually I was energetic. Then I said, yep, I'm doing the right thing. Got up here over mate. I was honestly, people, I'm very really sick, and so when I when I am.
Speaker 1: Sick, we all hear about it.
Speaker 2: I'm just a little bit of tender. Don't go chaseing waterfalls.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the change in twenty four hours is unbelievable. Absolutely, yesterday you were me and Cooper. I walked in yesterday and me and Cooper just walking through the kitchen, and you were almost bent over as if your your Hans Moulmon from the Simpsons, and you could barely walk out the door because you're in so much aggravating pain.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to give someone an enormous rap, because yesterday I went to a tire massage place in Dowa that way and and I and I booked a lady. Well, I saw a young lady called Bookie, and she was unbelievable. She stretched it out, she haded me into my ribs and I woke up small, still a bit sore. Patrician's come good, Thank.
Speaker 1: Gods, crazy breath waiting for that have.
Speaker 2: Your birthday, Coops.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a bit of a question right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you love him more than me? Done him?
Speaker 2: Because he doesn't nag it, because you don't nag him. You do nag him, I don't.
Speaker 1: Who does he come? And Delhi's deepest darkets secrets?
Speaker 5: I think you think there is deepest dark secret, and then you go through a river of ship and down ten more levels and there they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tells you secrets. He tells me He's deepest, darkest true.
Speaker 4: It was just it was just for the sake of the story. I still love you as well.
Speaker 1: You better love me most.
Speaker 4: I love you all equally the most everyone. If I died, you'd all got my will.
Speaker 2: Thirty three the deepest darkest Sukers ever told me that he wished you came out of another woman.
Speaker 4: I would never say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't say it, then that's what you said?
Speaker 4: You were.
Speaker 2: Not well?
Speaker 5: Can I still like on Cooper's birthday, I was actually looking forward to seeing what Cooper could do off the cuff as an intro for himself on his birthday, like throw to yourself, like Cooper John's birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm good Jem's slippers on.
Speaker 4: That Jack, Well, it's not a criminal offense to grab her slippers. My slides are in the car. I don't think she's gonna have an issue.
Speaker 2: You've got a foot fetish. I think it probably is an issue, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: And that you're about three sizes bigger than her shoe.
Speaker 2: It's not that big an issue to say what I found you do when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: Did anyone do someone had a question? Someone I did go ask it to.
Speaker 2: Everyone, including Cooper. If you wanted to join in this, if you had a nickname for Cooper, what would it be in white? A private nickname?
Speaker 5: Would you well have Coop.
Speaker 2: And things like that. But if you had a nickname for Cooper, what would it be in white?
Speaker 3: Like his is a little bunny? Why I used to call you bright eyes and Watership down the song Bright Eyes from Watership Down and there about rabbits and bunnies.
Speaker 5: What's funny about that?
Speaker 1: And he looked like a little skinn rabbit when he came out of me.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: He really did skinned rabbits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was really malnourished because the placenter hadn't been functioning.
Speaker 2: Probably exactly the hypochondriac again one.
Speaker 1: Minutes of Blader wasn't me, it was his placenta. It's his fault.
Speaker 2: Well, it was in your body. Well that's that's why when it came out of another woman.
Speaker 1: It's not my fault. I have a faulty body.
Speaker 2: Well you did, it is your fault. Are you going to blame God? I am blaming him or her?
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Just non binary, non binary.
Speaker 5: Matthew, you've got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I call like mate's secret Cooper's foreskin because he just disappears, because he disappears when things get hard. That is good.
Speaker 1: I love it, and true it is very well.
Speaker 2: Not that he calls me for tresh means the other way around. In her experience with four skins, when it gets hard, it disappears. It makes it much more delicious.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand my.
Speaker 5: One for Cooper, I've got c section or cesarean because he's gonna do anything to avoid any hard labor.
Speaker 1: That is good.
Speaker 4: Both very similar sledges.
Speaker 5: Yeah too.
Speaker 1: On the nose, common theme. And I treated you like my little bunny with my twitching nose.
Speaker 2: I would have preferred of you my other one was going to be with cooper arthritis because eventually he gets into every joint.
Speaker 4: You're just you're regurgitating all you see.
Speaker 2: I just got carried away.
Speaker 4: Next birthdays Matthews, Daddy, how old are you this year?
Speaker 2: That fifty five?
Speaker 4: Fifteen and you older?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there'll be a year older than that. We don't say it.
Speaker 2: We're fifty five for two days, same age till we get up. In those two days, I thought, I'm not going to say to do you know what I love.
Speaker 4: I appreciate Trisha. You got me a facial for my birthday, which I appreciated. You go and get Toy, get Nolan and so you got to look after your skin and whatnot.
Speaker 1: And a week underway and.
Speaker 4: A weekend away. Yeah, Jack, Jack got me nothing. That's fine though, to be fair, not entirely.
Speaker 1: You've got your cakes.
Speaker 5: I brought you assigned Zach Hosking card NRL Select card, signed and with a birthday message from Zach from Canberra.
Speaker 4: That is true, but I'm pretty lucky he's keeping it in tries last week.
Speaker 5: So I think that's going.
Speaker 3: To be.
Speaker 2: A shout out to Zach Hosking or more to the point, I'm starling on the show last week. Who I think he's a little mixed up? Cooper went Jack went to the game to celebrate the Starlo's one fiftieth unfortunately mixed it up with Zach's one fiftieth and congratulated on the show. Zach Hosky fiftieth game and one occasion scored three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even need he's ticked a hundred game. What I like Dad did?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Dad, you, oh damn it, you're okay?
Speaker 1: It wrong with him.
Speaker 4: Dad was in Canberra over the weekend, so he didn't have a lot of time to plan for a birthday give. But he was back on Saturday at night, so I mean he had a few days. But Dad's birthday give. We had a nice dinner at home. Mum cooked none as pasta your favor. Yeah, your mother can chett It makes the great a great past the resid what.
Speaker 2: Can't be that?
Speaker 4: Nothing makes the whole Nothing beats a home cooked meal.
Speaker 1: Down correct secret ingredient.
Speaker 4: Correct it is. And Dad just came back after winching about how sick he was and his backwards but he just there was just a you know, he's been at like lick a land or something. So he was just a glass of red in like one of those wrapped up brown bottle let you'll see like homeless people drinking in and he was. He was sitting at the table like almost like a dog who brought to its owner. He was sitting next to it. Throw it and he goes, oh, I got your gift. And then I was like, oh cool. I went to just go and take it into my room. He said, oh, we could have it with dinner me and he and I go, do you want it? And he goes, I'll only have a glass if you have a glass. I said, I'm not fucking having a Glass's like Monday night and you've been sick all day.
Speaker 1: And funny that it's a that he likes.
Speaker 2: Hold On, hold On just came out of the book. I just came out of the massage with Bookie and I ran Cooper and I said, Coops, what's your favorite red? He said, Pinat, which is mine as well. And so I didn't go to lick Land or any of those ones. I actually went to this independent one which which has got all these old reds. And I went up to the bloke and I said, because Pinat is usually a cheap red I said, point me in the direction of the most expensive piano, and he pointed me to one that was two hundred dollars and I bought one for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Was that one hundred dollar?
Speaker 2: Yep? That's it? So mate, you know what, I don't have to thank me. I couldn't have got a pair of kicks, but instead of got you a peanut and rae and and it is delicious. We're all gonna that.
Speaker 1: I don't drink.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a lot of coughing on this out. You know what I do like about We saw it probably in its most evident over the weekend about Matthew, because we've got like, we've got the two girls in the house now, obviously Poppy and Gemma, Jack's partner. So when they were over for dinner or whatever, Dad's almost got a completely new audience.
Speaker 2: To talk to.
Speaker 4: The other day Jack was away when he was in Canberra. The other day, I walked past, I was cleaning up the table, as I usually do, and Dad was telling them about the Super League war selfless, and I thought, that has got to be the last thing these girls want to hear about.
Speaker 2: You be surprised, I mean, Poppy is a sports sportswoman, plays afl W. I thought she would have find it really interesting. And same with Jim.
Speaker 5: Jem doesn't follow any does.
Speaker 2: She loves a good story.
Speaker 1: And at the end of it, Trish.
Speaker 2: Went, oh god, I hope that story is ended. And Jemma said, that was a really interesting, interesting story. That's awesome, and Poppy agreed.
Speaker 5: But they went they went into the kitchen after it together and laughed at you.
Speaker 2: They didn't because they sat at the table and we had a delicious dessert all together.
Speaker 5: It did Fred okay, Yeah, and Cooper had had a little mini breakdown after his birthday song. Cooper wanted Cooper wanted twenty seven candles instead of four.
Speaker 4: That's not true, okay. Look, and there weren't tears, but it was more it was more putting it on for the camera. But you guys did record it. Yeah, I've got it. I put this in. Look, they brought the cake out, and historically, whenever there's a cake, you put the amount of the age that they're turning, but the amount of candles in there. How many candles were there in there?
Speaker 3: There was one large one with the flame and it said happy birthday counts for twenty four generally.
Speaker 2: An okay, And I made a silk purse out of a sow's ear because he was going, where's my twenty seven? And I decided to kick in, and no one got the joke. I said, okay, there's seven seven and seven that means twenty one, and that one's six twenty seven six seven, six seven?
Speaker 4: Did you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did, remember, I said, Now listen, those three yeas ones were seven seven, and this one's worth six six seven. And no one got the joke.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he said the six seven. I heard the first bit of it.
Speaker 2: I actually went like this, I went that. I didn't actually say six seven. I just went by that behind your hend.
Speaker 3: You know what six seven means or represents, don't you do? You know the original time it.
Speaker 2: Was used, I was like, with this or that.
Speaker 1: No, it was referring to someone's height about six seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually true.
Speaker 5: Who told you?
Speaker 1: I saw it?
Speaker 4: That's that?
Speaker 1: What do you didn't think that? I live on Mars. I don't believe that the way it's a basketball there it is.
Speaker 4: It is, and and why Mars, of all places, well, Mars is the only other planet we could possibly live on. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Well, are we going to talk about space travel soon? Because I watched Project Tail Mary and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Matt, Before we move on, please share with us, give us a renovation update.
Speaker 1: What's happening with the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got the sort They put the sea lock in today. What was just a thing that helped strengthen the boards. What we've done with the the walkings, We've got nice and vertical. It's amazing. It looks like the roof has been left, but it hasn't.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 1: What are those what are those boards called.
Speaker 2: The d bots? Yeah, yeah, I was talking, I was talking anything about it. I was talking to Day before.
Speaker 1: You're idiot.
Speaker 2: The bolts bat is a D bowlt put.
Speaker 1: It's actually a bolt that shaped in the shape of.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. Put a D bowl at the bottom, and then you put the slots straight in there, and then you put the H block at the top, and then you put the C block to keep it sturdy.
Speaker 1: On the sounds like a jail talk, and.
Speaker 2: Then you got to pay the piper.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, have you been drinking?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't, but I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 4: You're going to dinner or something while you were rushing.
Speaker 3: The I know, I mean, and it's fine if a five minute says it's fine.
Speaker 2: The Japanese are very polite people, and they look that the time is exact. They look down on people the lack of discipline. I'd like to think we get there two or three minutes earlier rather than two or three minutes late.
Speaker 4: I wish you had that mental with everything else in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: Can I bring something up that really like come to like something bizarre that happened over the weekend with camera? So I went downstay with hostco down in Canberra and uh yes, yeah, I know three tries geez, but I want to bring up something bizarre that come up right. So now, obviously we're doing some more stuff with the Titans these days, all the camera boys brought up. Do you watch do you have a see the Curtis Morron enthusiast fan page Curtis Moron?
Speaker 2: But I understand it he's been Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well apparently apparently the person who is running it like follows all the NFL players, So all the boys in Canberra have been getting followed. And then there's just a message that comes up do you love Curtis Moron? And the boys are telling you about so when I'll give it a follow? And the next minute, sure enough, I get a message do you love Curtis Moron? And then I went, I don't only love Curtis Morron. I think company's number one fan. And suddenly now I'm in a debate with the owner of the Curtis Moron and Enthusiast page of trying to figure out who's the biggest Curtis more enthusiast.
Speaker 4: It'd have to be Curtis Maront Run.
Speaker 2: He has been exceptional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that thing commenting a lot from him, exceptional, fantastic.
Speaker 5: Are you an enthusiast?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: You know Matt's not Matt because you know he doesn't know how to use it.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: But no, we you used to make fake Instagram?
Speaker 1: Remember, oh my god, you and Brian.
Speaker 5: That was the Wayneett one.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was someone went hey, Matt, is that you Sometimes we had to shut it down. That's remember that person that to you, isn't it? Yeah? Yeah, thanks for destroying the fun.
Speaker 5: I don't think that person is missed on TV anyway.
Speaker 2: Let's not really I'll tell you what talking about Camberra, Jack We I mean Camberra was the the place of destination of the course of the weekend for the John fe I went down there on Friday about it, Well, to do you get the Hellenic Club. I've got to say the people, they were fantastic, big crowd. We have about six hundred people. Great at Yes, one man show.
Speaker 4: Mate, dise you're good. You're doing a lot one man shows.
Speaker 3: And how does your trip down there, honey fly That's what I was going to get. I know, I kept hearing it updates the first.
Speaker 2: Five minutes on the stage. Don't worry, I brought the house down. I actually, without an ounce of fabrication, pointed out everything that happened on the day. So number one got up very chesty. Trish said to me, I don't know if you should go, I said, I said to the people quite rightfully, I'm not going to pull out. For the people of camera.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a great and that's a good message for everyone out there. Maddie John's doesn't pull out.
Speaker 5: And maybe a few ministers would take your take your lessons there, Matthew.
Speaker 1: Ministers.
Speaker 2: We do the radio show, which was excellent, and then I go to the airport flying Virgin.
Speaker 1: Get on there, you're flying contest originally.
Speaker 2: Anyway, flying Cornice and flight delayed. It happens, text the guys and will Cox Carter and said, boys, we're going to be late, a little bit late, no problem, make second plans. I texted them again, say, look, I don't be too late if we're going to If I'm going to be too late, can we just lay the start by half an hour because I'm very, very sick. I think just half an hour's rest at the hotel not a problem. Then they cancel the flight, Corners flight cancel the flight. Okay, So then they ring means don't worry, You've got your Virgin flight. So I go out of that term all across the Virgin.
Speaker 4: Did you walk across it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did a long.
Speaker 1: Walk under underground one three minutes straight across the underground is safer?
Speaker 2: Why was there gangs.
Speaker 4: Hanging around out in the cars? You could you could be hit by a car, Dad, And then all of a sudden, boy, I think there's probably more chance if something happened under that tunnel than there is. Sorry to jump in for a sent you said that, old fellow, get hit by a bison on the weekend. Sorry, there's a grandfather who was like in a national park in the US and a bison like basically just demolished in like flew him in the air, like just went don't well.
Speaker 2: Then I went across to the Virgin lounge and went in there. There was a delay and then a further delay. So then the guy's got in touched with me and said, don't worry. We just put you on a Quantus flight. That'll be quicker than waiting for the other vergion. Once I went back to Quantas, got across the Quantas again, straight across the car pack not under luckily with no gangs there hanging out with what the dunk dog didn't goes and went across delay again. Okay, no worries as on as on just about the board plane. I'll look down, I've lost my wallet somewhere, and bards and forwards backward for I rang Trish as I was do ring my apris and would was he freaking out?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Could you just please you do a rendition of your phone call and then I'll do it so you run a bit truthful in your own version with your same words too.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby, you're going, Hey, babe, going good? What's happened? Everything good? How the reno is going? The Seabolts in?
Speaker 4: Can I just ask which one of you you're not? Because you're not differentiing the voice. I can't tell who's trition, who me?
Speaker 5: Where? You're cool? Calm and collected oday?
Speaker 2: True? How are your boat builders going? Okay? How's how the guys Hares, Dave and Anthony? How the Seabolts going? All right? Just tell him that I'm a little worried about the h bolt top atrish. Got a bit of news mate, my wallet. I've lost my wallet somewhere. But don't worries under control. I'm just wondering if you can just maybe just put the pause on the cards. Not a big issue. Better get on the flight made check at the other end. Love you a lot, see you. That's all.
Speaker 5: That sounds so good. That sounds about normal.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That's healthy. Communication to your partner is healthy.
Speaker 2: That's how I remember. That's my truth now.
Speaker 3: And I didn't tell you, but Tash was here at the time, and you're on speaker, so I have a witness, dear, Okay, So Matts, I'm just.
Speaker 1: About I'm back out of the corndice now and I've lost my wallet. I don't know where. Look it's over in the Virgin terminal. Then they got me on another flight, so I've come across the winning I didn't even I don't know. I think seriously, I think of having a panic.
Speaker 2: I think I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Sounded like it was. I said, Matt, it's fine.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Well, because a light breeze gives you I like, breeze gives you a panic attack at the moment.
Speaker 2: But it was. It was stress it was stressful, and I'm going and so I went back and back. I'm going to all these places. I'm going to people going have you seen my wallet? You know at the place I went to where I had this delicious pesadia and no one has seen it. And I was like, I actually went on the flight on the way down there, and it was really strange. I went into this sort of I don't know, I didn't sleep, it was like a trance. Laid back in the forty five minute flight there and went into this. It was almost like a comat and I found in a calm and then we landed and you said they'd contacted you or no.
Speaker 1: That was later.
Speaker 3: I know I locked them all. It was all fun, that's no problem. But they don't make contact with everyone. And a lady rang me that evening.
Speaker 2: But that was the trip so far. So by the time I've landing Canberra, still no wallet. So I jump in I go. I said to the cab driver, we're going to go to this hotel. He goes, yep, no problem driving. He's taking me to a place and can pull up at this hotel. And I said, oh mate, this is not the hotel. And he goes, which one was it? I said, mate, this one? Oh no, I thought you said. I said no, I didn't mate. So then we drive there. Okay, we get there. Then I hop out start made times getting a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I walk up and I said, look, I'm checking in for Matthew Johnson the past. He goes, can I some samification of identification? I said, you wouldn't believe I lost my walle at the airport. She goes, all right, okay, do you have any other form of identification, like a like a driver's license. I said, my driver's license is more wallet or anything else? I said, everything's in more wallet. I start filming having.
Speaker 1: A penny take again again.
Speaker 2: So I've got the new south Wall's health and I get up there and I forget the pin how about five.
Speaker 1: Hours ages ago that we used to have to use.
Speaker 2: That doesn't work? So I go, hey, what can I do? I'm actually I'm so sort of at that point, all over the shop and suffering from a paying attack. I just go ding and get onto my photos, show her a photo of herself just walking along the street with you and saying that's me, and she goes, yeah, I can tell to my d to know who you are.
Speaker 4: I should have just googled.
Speaker 3: And I was about to say, if you're a bit more of a wanky, you could have said, well you could google me and get me thinking about it.
Speaker 4: You should have rather than just showing them a video of you and your son.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, So eventually the manager comes past you and goes, Maddie, here you going, mate, what's happened? He said? Look, and he said to the young girl, this is what she said. Yep, it's not her fault. It's policy.
Speaker 4: Were you getting shitty with her?
Speaker 2: No? It wasn't because I understood it. I didn't understand it was policy. So anyway, I go up to the absolutely so.
Speaker 3: You might have been you might have been some craze, yeah, serial killer looking for Matthew John's room and been sitting there waiting to pounce on him when he comes into a.
Speaker 2: Room turning into a methtn which I was going to We've got the hair cup for it now, low blow.
Speaker 1: Actually the people like it, thanks, the ladies like it.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the fans. Anyway, and so then we go and then anyway, we go up to the room and then I go, I listally stand there and go, okay, I'm going to be picked up in fifteen minutes enough for a shower. I look over and there's a beer. I said, I really knew I need a beer, So I grabbed the beer out. Try to screwtops. It's not a screwtop. I look, there's no bottle opener. Right, So I'm going on.
Speaker 4: This is at that stage it's usually just smash it.
Speaker 2: What I did. I tried to know that fancy thing people they put against the thing go bang. I tried to do that and exploded. So then there was just a small thing of gin. I said, you know what, I just poured some water put to gin had to drink and looked down. It was four twenty dollars for that. It was just like mate again. Second belt down, went out of shower and got up and relaid that whole story to the people that hold.
Speaker 1: On it so and when they asleep by the end of it.
Speaker 2: It almost made it worth it because the howls of laughter got off to a good start.
Speaker 4: That is good. That is good. So you basically just retold your day to it, like as in a stand up sort of comedy act.
Speaker 5: You just read out of the.
Speaker 2: Haircut at the end, and I said, you wouldn't believe it. I write in Canberra, I went to a barber shop a little at the front side. What they did.
Speaker 4: That's good, ship, that's good. It's good to have you back. Did anyone else have anything from the week before we move on? I know, Trish, you make us ask you because if you don't Interjay No, no, okay, I thought.
Speaker 5: I thought. Curtis Morris enthusiasts are pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did be great.
Speaker 1: I have floorboards arrhyving next week that I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Film final time and I want to talk out of the movie project Hail Mary, excellent film. I meant to see the cinemas, but did beautiful film. And there's a character in the film that you discover was who's going each from another planet. They meet they on the same mission, and his name's Rocky because he resembles a spider but made of rocks. Yeah, he made out of rock anyway, there's one. Me and Cooper were talking about this last night. At a point that you believe that Rockies died and there was a twistlers spoiler spoiler alert, but there's a twist.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about Can we talk about that just for a second? Here he goes, He goes, there was a point where we thought Rocky died, but there's a twist. I wonder what the spoiler is.
Speaker 2: We thought he might have died at that point, but there's a twist. Yeah, just I started crying. I was like crying. Honestly, hit me right in the heart, I.
Speaker 4: Said, Tod, I said, when you said that, I said, because me, Jack and leam Alexander movie enthusias. We watched it in the movies when it came out project time, because we love Ryan Gosling was I was sitting behind them at the time because I was pissing in my cup because I don't like to leave.
Speaker 2: That's you know what, I'm really proud of you. That's a great initiative.
Speaker 4: Well I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got one of these piss bottles for you.
Speaker 4: No, I I get a large Peppsi Max or like coke Zer or whatever they've got it there. But I when I'm finished drinking with my popcorn, I'll pee in that so I don't have to miss any part of the movie.
Speaker 2: Because I was sitting watching the Robbie Williams this movie with Jack, and all of a sudden it was disappeared, disappearing in the cinema. What are you doing? So I'm pissing in the cup?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's not.
Speaker 2: Let's not.
Speaker 5: Let's not go past this. I think we need to have a real chat about that, because I think there's going to be.
Speaker 1: Everyone with ramification.
Speaker 5: You think everyone does that.
Speaker 1: No one does that.
Speaker 4: I've done it for you.
Speaker 1: I've never done that. You've never done that with me, true.
Speaker 2: Shove pissed in the cowboy boot in front of my cart, that's.
Speaker 1: A little different.
Speaker 5: It's actually, at what point does the cinema become too packed to do it?
Speaker 4: If you can't get your own row. So I need a whole because I need to be at the furthest possible back. So if if if there's someone, if someone's on the very back row and I can't do it, I won't do it, but I go all the way to the back so that no one someone literally has to turn around while the movie's on and see me. I sort of do like a hip flextra stretch. Try to drop down me and I'll just be watching the movie, so they don't know. But that's usually how I.
Speaker 1: Can tell me. You take the cup out and put it in the I.
Speaker 2: At the ends. Anyway, So it made me think about times in cinema where like a fictional character or even a non living thing dies, although non living thing can't die anyway. Anyway, something which isn't real, it gets ripped, It gets ripped away from who actually you know, it just kills you. I mean I cried when Apollo Crew died in Rocky four and he's not a real person, but but the one that killed me the most. And I said to the boys trash, I actually are you're really emotional?
Speaker 1: It's no kidding, I honestly.
Speaker 4: Sorry, say because I know what's about to have it? Cry, I knew he was going to cry because when we asked him before what it was, he goes, I can't even tell you because I know what to make me cry.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe if you cry on this podcast? Who was it?
Speaker 2: It's so hard and I want an idea of why hits him. I think I've got a feeling White does.
Speaker 1: Because you had a rock when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: No, who, you.
Speaker 5: Haven't even said that. Who the hell died?
Speaker 2: It was like the last Toy story where they got all they all get thrown in the cauldron. Yeah, the cauldron like the incinerators together and they all just hold each other as they go into ash. I just honestly, that nearly kills me crying.
Speaker 4: I don't think they don't die. I thought they get out of it.
Speaker 1: I miss thinking about it.
Speaker 5: I turned it off and it wasn't even the last one that was Toy Story three.
Speaker 4: They don't is that when they're on the belt and they're all holding hands, they're about and the belts going forward about it.
Speaker 2: They don't even I just turned it off. I said, I can't watch this.
Speaker 4: I thought that was No, they don't die. I'm pretty sure they don't die.
Speaker 5: They don't die because there's a that was three, there's a four and a five coming out.
Speaker 4: You would have you would have felt like a Aldio if you started crying.
Speaker 5: I tell you what movie you wouldn't have liked. If you don't like that, you wouldn't have liked Robots two thousand and five. There's an incinerator with a bunch of robots going in and out on to.
Speaker 2: That giant was sad. Sorry, Iro enjoyed when he dies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't think I'm watching the same movies. Do you have a character the character of what the question that Frankenstein?
Speaker 2: You cried?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like it when people.
Speaker 5: I would count here was an animated thing, right, there is a bit of lightning to put him through fictional just well, I've gone with Wilson from Castaway. That was pretty devastating. Yeah, well when the ball went missing. Tom Hanks's performance is incredible.
Speaker 2: We do form strange bonds now with his human beings Cooper yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had too, so I know what he is saying now. I left him out because everyone knows that cried in.
Speaker 1: King Kong, not beyond cride sod.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just a joke, a little bit to all my Harry Potter fans out there who know the context, they would everyone would have cried in this snape when Snape died, Oh my god, in the laugh deathly Hallo's part two. If to my Harry p fans out there, you'll know what I'm saying, mate, it is that probably the saddest death in any like movie TV of all time, because you just because you know the opinion that you had of him as he's dying, when Harry Potter captures his teer, he captures his tear and then says, go and put it in the well. And he goes and puts it in the well, and the tears in Harry Potter, if you put him in this well, you see their memories over the years, and you realize his intentions were good all the long. Yeah, And it's just so sad.
Speaker 5: It was just such an investment by the audience, wasn't it to hate him for so long?
Speaker 4: To do a one eighty and another one? I proper cross. I cry every time I watched his movie Guardians of the Galaxy three. So it's like more the story of Rocket Raccoon that Bradley Cooper plays Rocket Raccoon in the Marvel movies Guardians of the Galaxy three. I don't know what I'm like because I know you guys don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me, it's as fuck. And that shows rockets like he's been tested on basically like a labrat, and all these tests of like AI and things to generate, like how to how to get animals smart. And he breaks his friends out and they're like, we're going to go, you know, escape this place. He's got bad intentions for us. As he breaks them out, his odd friend is hugging him. He's like, let's get out of it. Born. Shot in the back.
Speaker 2: That is awful.
Speaker 4: Shot in the back, Dad, That is awful.
Speaker 5: And they're like and they're like little creatures too, not like the beer, They're just like.
Speaker 2: The O G I reckon. Trish was t That was sad.
Speaker 4: He didn't die though, but he nearly died.
Speaker 5: He died and the kid nearly.
Speaker 2: Died just wanted to go to speak and spell E T.
Speaker 5: Go did so did Rocky. So I'm assuming Rocky hit you pretty damn hard.
Speaker 2: Then, Matthew, he made but right and Gosling Jesus, great actor.
Speaker 1: What's his best what meets the Notebook.
Speaker 4: I still haven't seen it, Cooper.
Speaker 1: You would love it. I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I love him in a crazy, stupid love. Yeah, it's like Steve Carell gets it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I find that it's a wrong com I just didn't love it.
Speaker 4: And he's like the player. He's the player, and he teaches Steve Carell, who's like an old man whose wife just cheated on them with David Lindhagan, who's played by Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know who David is the best party, don't. They don't reveal that it's Kevin Bacon. They just prefer to inflict the whole movie.
Speaker 4: Then at the end, you're like, he walks into the backyard and they go, who the hell is this going together? I'm David Lyndhager. They just beat the shit out of him. But he teaches Steve Carell how to sort of be dating in your like fifties or whatever he is.
Speaker 1: And then the twist there is that he's going out with his daughter.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, spoiler.
Speaker 1: I thought that's what we were doing today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just funny, No, no, no, not his own daughter. Trisha explained it, like Steve Crell dated his own daughter, Ryan Gosland's update and Steve Crel's It's good anyone hasn't seen it put it on Jack.
Speaker 5: I liked him. And Blade Runner twenty nine that was very good, not like a not like his best performance, right, but I liked him in the movie.
Speaker 2: That was very I love that movie. I love the original one when I was a kid, but when I first saw it as a kid, I went over my head a little bit. But Blade Runner twenty forty nine is just He's very, very strong and silent in it. I recommend to people Blade Run of the original There is one of the greatest classes, one of the greatest scenes of all time. And Rod kaher Rod Kahor who was he plays He was one of the guys who's the blade Blade Run of the Robots, and he's sort of lived forever.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, he's very good.
Speaker 2: As he's about to die, he basically he tells Harrison Ford of all the things he's ever seen in his life and talks about all this and mate.
Speaker 5: It's just I think I can recite some of it for you, mathe and he talks about I've seen starships exploded over Orion's belt, and then he says, memories are like tear drops in rain.
Speaker 2: He wow, he goes, yep, something like that, and he mentions these all these scenes and he goes, but memories just like tear drops in the rain, and it is raining, and then it is amazing.
Speaker 4: Can I give a recommendation of everyone? And it's got I got just.
Speaker 2: Sit on mine for a second.
Speaker 5: Because I don't steal his thunder one.
Speaker 4: But it's also got a nice little sort of quote with it. So there's this new TV series on Nettie's Netflix, Sam Worthington, I will find you awesome. How good is it?
Speaker 1: It's great?
Speaker 4: So for anyone who just likes TV, it's like one of those little eight limited series titious TV show. Is that good? But at the end, right, so I don't want to spoiler spoil to him. I'm not going to give the story the context. But you know, a little boy says says this to him. He can't remember, you know, like when you're a kid, you can't remember the first sort of three years of your life, Like you can't really remember that your parents are trying to tell your stories on you being born, what you remember being born.
Speaker 1: I've always had this image yet.
Speaker 4: And what I just want to ask you about it very like almost a bit like.
Speaker 3: A light, a big light, bright bright light, and then being shoveled, being passed around very quickly. Oh, I was an emergency cesarian in the seventies and I was upside down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, upside down. Why did I know this? I wouldn't married if I knew. Came out up so much so the.
Speaker 4: Quote and the kid says to his dad, Oh, I can't. I can't remember that, but I want. I want to remember that so bad, and Sam Worthington says he the good thing about memories are you get to make new ones. And Mate, A singular tear rolled down my left cheek and then I sucked it back up.
Speaker 1: You can't suck up a tear.
Speaker 4: Only's not Yeah, just let that breathe for a sect for the listeners.
Speaker 2: In the card, there's another great scene where rod He says to Harrison Ford, I don't know that much about rugby league, but one of the things I do now is everybody does their job a lot.
Speaker 4: You almost had it right, You almost had it right. Craig Bellamy's favorite quote. He tells this one story relentlessly all the time and it's it's a I think it's Brett White.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: We told it on the dalphnou Can podcast because we took the piss out of belly out one time. You will know this too. So every preseason, new people get up, Billy gets up there and he said, quite that really sticks out for me over these you know I got I coached them pretty times. Players greeting this a big three, and we're all in there. We're trying to figure out where it's going wrong our season. We've got to turn it around, and everyone's signing out ideas, complex ideas, me to do this better. This bout. Brett White stood up in the groop and he said, I don't know much about rugby league, but I know it's an easy game when everyone does their job. And that really sunk with me. And then one time we're going through another tough time and he's like, I'll leave it on New Boys. I'll leave it on New Boys to figure out what's going wrong. I'll live on New Boys and Brandon goes, Craig, can I say something? Craig goes go on, he was in a ship. Move to really bad mood Gray, Brandon, and Rina goes gets up, stands next to Craig like almost holding his pocket, and he goes, boys. I don't know much about rugby league, but I know it's a simple. I know it's an easy game when all of us do our job and he goes.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have we got next?
Speaker 4: We have a tipping comp update.
Speaker 1: The time is flowing today.
Speaker 4: It's good fun, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Jack, how are we going?
Speaker 1: You are going great? I thought you were.
Speaker 2: He still I did not know he's doing good?
Speaker 1: Last week? I know what have I done?
Speaker 4: Did you not updates?
Speaker 2: What happens upside down? Syrian?
Speaker 1: Well do you? I don't know if this is right. You know it is.
Speaker 5: Do stop.
Speaker 1: Let me have a look and see that I was it.
Speaker 2: Even as.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have a look at the neral, the answer is not on there.
Speaker 1: Last week, I can remember it.
Speaker 3: Jack and Cooper, Jack, you got five last night last week, So you are on I want to say eighty three three, and you are on eighty three as well, So you were untied first you two, then me I'm eighty two, and Matt eighty one.
Speaker 2: I don't agree. I don't. I don't believe that you were an extra grin today.
Speaker 4: Also, can you need to so you're going to go through today's games, because yeah, you just dropped your ship. I knew you would. What preparation believed.
Speaker 1: I can barely speak because I've been influenza.
Speaker 2: And you've you're born up.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a crazy memory to bring up.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I was an upside down cesarean and I remember a bright light and being passed around that that good long time. That could be that could be a number.
Speaker 2: You should do thatoop, but until your kids. I remember being born. It was a dark brown hole.
Speaker 4: I was cradling out like that.
Speaker 2: I said, I really thought it'd be different.
Speaker 4: It was echoing in that so hello, Hello, and this giant hand comes through and grab me by the neck.
Speaker 2: Bring me out of that thing, this giant fist.
Speaker 1: When Panthers bronchos, I'm going to Panther.
Speaker 2: Answers Jack attack.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm going to go to the Panthers.
Speaker 2: Watch Reice Waltster.
Speaker 4: I know it's a danger game and it's a grand Final reunion Trish Panthers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sharks Knights. I'm going for the Sharkies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Sharks. Sharks are at home.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Triss is it's also twenty years of women in League round this round.
Speaker 1: I know I'm supposed to go to Gold Coaster and I'm to and well, the.
Speaker 5: Knights always did good stuff like I did last week.
Speaker 3: No, because I've just got too much to do with the Red now. I can't I do that and then I'm going to be end up in.
Speaker 2: God like I'll pick up the slack.
Speaker 4: Save this for affair, please, Jack, what.
Speaker 5: You're saying, I was just saying the Knights usually did a lot of good things for women leagal. I remember I have that jersey they did the women in League jersey and they had all the women you wanted listed on the front of your jersey. So I've got a jersey, Trish.
Speaker 4: So are you tipping the Knights.
Speaker 5: I'll be tipping the Knights this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good lad, you're a good boy.
Speaker 4: You went a long way around saying it. I'll go the Sharks. Isn't that matt Croker's.
Speaker 5: Maddie Croker is one hundredth game this week? Yes, so Matthew when Yeah, Matthew, this is actually this is you know.
Speaker 2: A younger on the show listening our people on the shower, say two hundred.
Speaker 4: Every week, anyone has a milestone. Just get it wrong, you.
Speaker 1: Say it, you can do it.
Speaker 4: Rooster Storm, can I just ask like it's like when we say so, it's like you feel the need. I think I need to have a comedy. This is my comedic timing moment, and you feel they need to have a little one liner in there. But it never makes sense.
Speaker 2: When you know the h has for me, it makes perfect sense and continue upside down.
Speaker 1: I went.
Speaker 4: The roosters, you pick Storm, Yes.
Speaker 2: I'll go on roosters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm on the routers as well. No, Jerome, here's no camera Munster.
Speaker 5: Roosters.
Speaker 4: They need to win though the Storms. I hope they do.
Speaker 1: I know, Jerome, no Munster because I'm still going.
Speaker 2: For the roosters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going the same roosters.
Speaker 3: All the roosters. That's where I lost out last week to Warriors and Dragons.
Speaker 1: I'm going for the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's go the Wise.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go the Wise.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bulldogs, Tigers, Tigers.
Speaker 2: After the week they've had with the Jerome thing, they will.
Speaker 1: I'm gone the Bulldogs. Okay, what about you, Jacko?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna going Tigers as well. Doggis were really bad last weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was disappointing.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go. I'm going to go the Bulldogs down as well. Just little upset trush. You also skipped Ravers. Raiders Rabbits had your respect.
Speaker 1: For even I did? I did, and I'm going the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Oh god, as Starlo's one hundred and fifty first game.
Speaker 4: It's his one hundred and fiftieth Raiders game actually, because he's only he played one at the Knights. Yeah, it was his hundred and now he started his one hundred fifty, played one at the Knights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did only play one at the Knights.
Speaker 2: Played loser. Greg Smith become the American guy, played one game with the Knights before being deported.
Speaker 4: Oh, technically he did get supported. He did Australian couple Territory stalke your camera.
Speaker 3: Okay, Raiders Rabbits, I'm going Raiders found some.
Speaker 5: They played good last week.
Speaker 2: I'll stop it. You sucked as you're down there having wines with Owen, Patty and Ricky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hanging a Ricky's out Trader.
Speaker 2: You pick a team, Cooper or Ricky.
Speaker 1: You need to pick a sight.
Speaker 4: I'm going of it.
Speaker 5: And I played bat ball with Jet Stewart. Way better blow than Cooper John's.
Speaker 4: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, Titans and the Seagus. I'm going the Tities.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the Titans.
Speaker 4: You know, they're actually pretty good against really good.
Speaker 2: They actually really would almost they're defending outstanding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Titans.
Speaker 2: A couple of tough calls.
Speaker 4: To come on, guys, I'll go the.
Speaker 2: Dog, A low dog.
Speaker 4: Do you said I'm allowed to if I played for the other teams, I'm allowed to pick that still a dog?
Speaker 1: Dolphins, Cowboys. I'm going the Cows.
Speaker 2: This is hard, Yeah, we know, Isaiah, I'm going to go the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Oh, they were bad last week? You know what I were.
Speaker 1: Dolphins, I was still out.
Speaker 5: They've got a few boys back. I'm gonna I'm going to go the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Upset, wouldn't surprise.
Speaker 4: Who did you go to?
Speaker 1: I went the Cows? What what was the score? That's unbelievable?
Speaker 2: Sixty six to six, sixth sunshine?
Speaker 1: That gure you going?
Speaker 4: Johns Oh, yeah, you go get glasses. I'll round up that.
Speaker 1: We have your daddy, Bye bye, daddy. What are we going to get him for his birthday.
Speaker 4: Who gives the ship? You already had that yesterday too, but I beg you do it erotic massage. What did he say?
Speaker 1: Sorry, we better go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, Dad just walked out. He's going to go get his glasses to do some live reads and ship.
Speaker 1: Love you great weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, love to allow listeners. Take C, yeah and.
Speaker 1: D and don't let you go on husband, sleep on your pillow.
Speaker 4: I was going to say sleep there on else