Speaker 1: So so lucky Lucky Dip, So lucky Dip. Hi your smellamonte?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you really good? Actually? And how are you great?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: I'm going to kick off our Lucky Dip today with, of course a story. I've got a story.
Speaker 1: Story that's fast, like you just deep dive into a story, you know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I find little ones and I think, oh, that's interesting, not big enough to do a doozy on, but just you know, bite size, okk.
Speaker 1: Great, perfect, perfect for the Lucky Dip episode, if you will.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So, in the early afternoon of March seventh, twenty fifteen, emergency service workers in this town called Spanish Fork in Utah in the US, they get a call from this guy who's fishing in the local river and he's like, listen, there's an overturned car on the side of the river. I think I can see someone in there, Like there's been an accident. There's a bridge going over this river, so like obviously someone's gone off. God anyway, so they send out four police officers and two firemen and they go in and that the windscreen and stuff is, you know, it's like smashed that you can't really see in well, you know, but they're looking and they're like, their initial look at the scene is that the car's on its roof. They can see the female passenger is well and truly dead, and there's nothing else going on it, like, there's no one else in there. So they're sort of huddled together, these six guys right near the car, just talking about the logistics of how they're going to get the car out and stuff. And they hear a female voice saying, help me, help me now, And there's nobody else around. It's just the six of them, and they look at each other like did you hear that? And they rush back to the car. They have another look. There is a baby, an eighteen month old little girl, strapped in her car seat upside down in this car. Her head is just like inches above the river water that's underneath. So they go into full panic mode and they start trying to sort of move the car and whatever. They end up getting the car in a position where one of them can get in. They cut her restraints off and they pull her out. She's unconscious, very faint pulse, but she ends up going to hospital right anyway. So the story is that the mother was a twenty five year old. She was her and this eighteen month old daughter of hers had been visiting her parents. On the way home. She had crashed into sort of the side barrier of the bridge and gone over the edge right she died on impact. That eighteen month old little girl, Lily had been upside down with her head just inches above this running river water. It was so cold at the time that the air temperature was almost freezing. And like the the rescue workers that were in the water, they were in there for not long and they had to be treated for hypothermia. God they worked out by speaking to the parents what time the mum left and all that stuff. It had been fourteen hours that little girl was in there. But the thing is they still can't explain whose voice that was that was calling out help, because there was nobody else around there. And the thing is that when the car had crashed, like where it had landed wasn't visible from the road above, So it was just by us that this fisherman was down there. I say, yes, yeah, But they all swore up and down they heard the same thing at the same time. Tyler, when you arrived on seeing what did you do?
Speaker 3: We heard something saying help us, help us in saide and so it was at that point that we said we have to get in that car now, and we all were able to push the car on its side, and that's when I looked inside and was able to see the child infant strapped in the back seat.
Speaker 2: You actually heard a voice calling out help me. I mean, do you know who that was?
Speaker 3: You? First, we didn't know if it was someone inside the car. If it was what that voice was, we assumed her. I assumed that it was someone in the car. Sand helped me. That's why we responded, Sand, we're trying. We're gonna get inside and help you. We're doing the best we can. And that was just extra motivation and to get inside the car and figure out who was in there.
Speaker 2: And Jerry, you heard that voice as well, Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Like Officer Bedos has said, more than one of us responded back saying we're here to help, and it definitely couldn't have been the baby, saying it the baby was unconscious, and they said it was a woman's voice. It made massive headlines. The baby was fine, made a full recovery. She's nine now. Her name's Lily. The mum Unfortunately they did toxicology reports and she had a heap of drugs in her system. But yeah, it's like one of those remarkable stories that it's sort of unexplainable whose choice, totally yes, and for all of them to hear it. If it was one person that heard it, you wouldn't you know, but all of them to hear it and then her to be there. Wow, Now you're very good with deep diving your stories. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, like sometimes I have this hope in me, like, oh, something bad happened, like if I die and I don't know, like I want my kids to be protected to say, to say he intervene in some way like if you know your kid get something dangerous to sort of I don't know, I know.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, Thank you. That was today's Lucky Dip episode. Hit us up show and tell online on Instagram or share this podcast with somebody that you think would enjoy it. That is so unbelievably helpful and we'll be back soon.
Speaker 2: May love you the best. Spe