Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: I keep on talking of that. Ah, God, I've missed you and I am not in the studio with you in person, Jack, because I've been filling it on Fitzy and Whippers show in Sydney, and I'm in Sydney to do it.
Speaker 3: Lag Yeah, you are swey. I'm in Melbourne. It's probably best you're not here today because I'm going to be completely honest. I got a last minute invite to the Drake concert here.
Speaker 4: In Melbourne last night.
Speaker 3: Ah, and I haven't had a heap of sleep, but it looks.
Speaker 2: Oh, you look so fresh. I can't. I know that I'm going to know you for the rest of your life, and I can't wait until we're having our you know, a little omelet or something that I've forced you to eat and you're like forty eight and you've gone swanny. I've hit the I've hit it. I can't. I cannot drink another drop anymore. I'm going to be there for it to see it.
Speaker 4: One day. It'll come one day. Have you had a nice time in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Though, yes, yes, I haven't got a story about me being brave and communicating with somebody that I really didn't want to, okay, and I think all it proved was that I'm an unusual person.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can't wait for that. That's some sizzle.
Speaker 3: We've also got a new game back from last year, Laptop Lottery.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's back. I'm not the best on Google, and I'm going to really give it a crack jack.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think this could be all year with this game. If you would like to win a laptop banks to Harvey Norman, register via the Nova Player app. But next, say good eight to us thirteen twenty four to ten. How was your weekend? What was the highlight from it? We'll give you a Baker's Delight voucher for sharing with.
Speaker 1: Us The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: We are fresh back from a weekend and this is what we want to.
Speaker 5: Know Chrissy say today.
Speaker 2: So anyone pretend give us a call, say gooday, tell us what your highlight of the weekend was?
Speaker 4: What was yours? Swanee?
Speaker 2: God, it's really I don't even want to say say it. Okay, Yes, it just came to me because mainly just all the normal stuff cleaning and sorting, but I made a I made up a recipe. Years ago, when the kids were little, I used to take them to the local trash and treasure market, not for the trash and treasure, but for the hot bag of cinnamon donuts, which were unbelievable, still the best I've ever had. Anyway. You see, it obviously gets very cold in winter, so the summer treat of walking down there ended because Mum can't be stuffed. So I said, no, we're not going today. And Leo, you know, the little lip went and he said, but what about the cinnamon donuts? And so I thought, okay, a, now I know why you really like getting out of the houses. Nothing to do with nice family times. About the donuts. And I made up a beautiful cake that I called the cinnamon donut cake, and I remembered its existence and I found the recipe. I'm doing a lot of recipe finding of your notice, Yes, And I made the cake and it was so delicious.
Speaker 4: Wish you were in Melbourne so you could have brought it in formula. I know.
Speaker 2: I had a big slab and I gave it to Leo and he was like flawed. He was like, oh my god, this cake is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Oh good it still has the ticke of approval.
Speaker 2: I'll make it for you when I get back.
Speaker 4: Please please.
Speaker 3: My highlight was Drake Swanni, but I feel like let's talk about that after three o'clock because there's so many Did.
Speaker 2: You want to actually hear everything about it? Because tickets as rare as Hen's teeth.
Speaker 4: Right and so expensive? Tool release?
Speaker 6: Helloi, how are you hi?
Speaker 2: Good to hear you? What was your week What was your weekend highlight?
Speaker 7: The weekend highlight was definitely escaping Adelaide and heading over to Perth to these family.
Speaker 2: Wow, and what did you do?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: How did you? What do you do with family that you don't do with anyone else?
Speaker 7: We visited the markets over there at Frio, went to the beach, went to this place called sight Tech, which is just a big science and technology new zan that was really good, had a lot of.
Speaker 2: Fun, fantastic, good on your Darling Baker's delight.
Speaker 4: That's you for you at least, let's go to Chris. How is your weekend?
Speaker 5: Chris good Banks?
Speaker 8: How about yours?
Speaker 4: Was good? Brother? What did you do?
Speaker 5: I actually played cricket on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Okay, talk us through, talk us through? Did you have an injury. Did you rub the red ball on your bits?
Speaker 9: No, I actually took my first ever wicket and I.
Speaker 4: Wish, I wish we knew like luch for you.
Speaker 2: That sounds Chris, good on, you, good on.
Speaker 3: We're gonna send your Baker's Delight about you, mate. Don't get yourself a pizza to refuel.
Speaker 10: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be a highlight, isn't it your first achievement of anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's awesome, is.
Speaker 2: A big deal. Let's finish with you, Rebecca. Hello, Hello, I love you, guys.
Speaker 9: I love you.
Speaker 8: Wait to listen to you guys every single day on the way to drop pick up my kids from school. And I live in the country, so it for a good half an hour drive and you just make my day. So thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: All right, so what do you get up to in the country. I mean, I know that you've probably had a great weekend, but I just want to spend a little bit of time getting to know you, Beck, now that I've got you on the line.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, in a beautiful place called Riddle's Creek. We've got kangaroos in our backyard, We've got ducks, We've got crooker barrows and it's just heavenly. I love it.
Speaker 2: I think I know someone who used to live in Riddles Creek. Do you know hands sparks?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're doing this so much. This never works.
Speaker 2: Very classy. She's got red hair.
Speaker 8: She does she do? Is she like an artist?
Speaker 2: Yes she is. She is my speech and drama teacher at school.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think I do know her.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it worked.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I finally got one.
Speaker 3: Becky Beck, thanks for being such a beautiful listen, and we're going to send you a Baker's Delight dow drum. I'm also going to send you one hundred and fifty dollars out you for interfloor. I get Valentine's Day flowers and you've delivered on the same day.
Speaker 2: Oh, Beck, what is your favorite flower? I just want to know you better.
Speaker 8: Oh, probably a row, because I'm looking at the right now as I sit on my porch.
Speaker 2: I'll go and get yourself a big bunch of rises from Interflorida.
Speaker 8: Friend's birthday today, so I'm gonna go buy her flowers gorgeous as they had.
Speaker 2: To, and for me too. If you see her in the.
Speaker 1: The Crissiest One show.
Speaker 2: They booth my Queen and Savior at the super Bowl today.
Speaker 4: I did see this morning. Let's talk about that in clickbait just before.
Speaker 2: Three we must I am in Sydney. I'm filling in on fits in Whipper's Shoe in the morning, and I thought i'd do it irl. So as a part of that, I've got to stay in a hotel. And you know, I'm very tricky. I like a hotel where the windows open and all that sort of stuff. I'm just an unusual person.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I did what I shouldn't have done, stuck my nose in where it wasn't wanted, and ended up getting a hotel that I hadn't seen and even work had never even booked it. And yeah, the car takes me there from the airport. I turned up for your lovely. I got into the room, and you know, I'm not a fancy person by any stretch of the imagination. I do not require polished surfaces and super king beds.
Speaker 4: No I do.
Speaker 2: I know you don't. I just want something that doesn't make me feel like I'm on the run.
Speaker 9: Oh this was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: So, oh my god, I wish I had footage of you walking into this Oh how griam?
Speaker 4: Are we talking?
Speaker 2: Really grim? And you know I can deal with grim like I love those little motels that you pull into in the middle of nowhere that nobody else would stay in. I love them, love them. I stayed there for a second. It was look in fairness, it was spotlessly clean. Yeah, but I just I was so depressed. It was so small.
Speaker 3: I know what you mean, because those motels on this, like when you're driving from Melbourn to Queens, they have a bit of vibe to them, like.
Speaker 2: The character in the Star, you know, like get in there and you're like, oh my god, this bedspread is from nineteen eighty four. It's fantastic and look at this timey little sink. I love it.
Speaker 4: So what else was not right with your hotel room?
Speaker 2: Though? Just realized what it was in this room? What fluo lighting?
Speaker 4: Oh are you about to be murdered?
Speaker 2: It's the lighting. So when I walked in a there were no windows on either, no windows at all. There was just a door at the end of it with gauze curtains over it. So it was dark and all the lights were on. It was freezing. The air condition was set to eighteen and in the bathroom I went to the toilet and there was just like a huge front load of top loading washing machine and a dryer and a bin that had written in big letters on the top.
Speaker 4: Push. I know, it's like a commercial being Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was That was the last, and I just thought, I don't want to ever be trouble for anybody. And this was like eight o'clock at night, and I thought, God, on a Sunday night, nobody's working. And I just I just said, you can't stay here, Chrissy. You can't. If you're going to stay somewhere, make it either fun or nicer than where you live. This was neither. Yeah, okay, So I decided that I would check out. You know what a huge deal that is for me.
Speaker 4: So the fluid lights were switched off and you went back to reception.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, I thought, because you can just leave, you know, if you're rushing out of a hotel. I learnt early on that you can just leave your card there and they work it out so you don't actually have to go, and you know, put yourself in front of somebody and say I am checking out. So I thought, I'm going to I'm just going to go. I'm just going to wheel my suitcase past the people that have just checked me and I said, there for about ten minutes, and they're going to probably have a quizzical expression. But by the time they work out that I'm gone and I'm never coming back, I'll be in the in the uber on the way somewhere else. And then I thought, no, you've done nothing wrong. You, as a grown up, must have a conversation with someone. You're allowed to do this, and you have to tell them because it's so easy to avoid communicating. But I'm that's my bit of a news resolutions, that you need to tell people what you're doing. And you know we're not in anger, but they deserve to know what.
Speaker 4: Did you say?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 4: Did you tell them what?
Speaker 2: It all happened so quickly I didn't have time to rehearse it, and I walked out. So I'm pulling my carry on luggage and I've got my bag on and and I approached the counter and this lovely girl who just checked me in, I put my card on the on the counter and I said, and right at that moment, I thought, oh my god, I should have rehearsed this. I've got no idea what's about to come out of my word whole and I just said I have to go.
Speaker 11: She said, She said huh, and I said I heard. I said no, I said, yeah, this, this is not for me.
Speaker 2: And then she wouldn't take the card. So then I dropped it on the on the bench and she goes, okay, and then I said another week line like so I'd said this isn't for me. I have to go, and then I said ah. Then I said over my shoulder, yeah, I think my employer made a mistake. Anyway, it gets better. I walked outside and I'm waiting for my uber, who you know. Initially it said it was one minute. So I thought, even if you know, someone gets mad at me or I have to explain myself. I can do anything for sixty seconds. It would appalled me if I had to do it for the rest of my life. So I'm out the front and then all the roads have closed, you know, around Sydney. So took an extra minute and a half. That's all that took. She came out from behind No, no, yep, no, she came out from behind the desk, and she goes would you like me to show you a better room? We can upgrade you.
Speaker 4: No, no, baby.
Speaker 2: By this stage I've already booked into someone else, someone I paid for it. I paid for it online, and I was like, I'm going to see you in ten minutes. Anyway. I said, no, no, no, it's fine, really, and she goes here, we can upgrade you, you can have a higher up in the room, and begging me. I just felt so bad.
Speaker 4: Change the fluo lights then let me know.
Speaker 2: And partly the moral of the story is just slink away without saying it, eating beach Chicken, bed Total Cow and.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Creasy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Now Doc Jumber. Last year we gave away a bonanza of laptops thanks to having Norman in Laptop Lottery.
Speaker 4: Yes, I loved this game.
Speaker 5: Is Mack shelving for student devices.
Speaker 4: See the experts at having unbeatable deals on laptops, tablets, headphones and more.
Speaker 5: There's brands, there's range, best prices guaranteed. Chrissy Swan's Laptop Lottery.
Speaker 2: You know what. I've played this game in the past with Joel Creasy, the Great Dol Creasy from ricular Tim and Joel and he whips my ass every time as.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean gays no other way around a laptop.
Speaker 2: I'm just no good at this. This is how it works. We are given a question from our quiz master, Tom Casimento. Good afternoon, Thank you. Yes, I was just going to say who is normally not allowed in the studio? And he really lets this role go to his head. He's allowed in and he's wearing a three piece tuxedo. Sure is. And we play for our beautiful listeners, who I'm assuming enter via the overplayer and over yes.
Speaker 3: Correct, Tom, would you like to be the quiz master and welcome our calls and tell us who we're playing for Pollie.
Speaker 12: So first, we've got Emma on the line. Christy is playing on behalf of.
Speaker 2: Emma, Oh dear, and I Emma Hi all right?
Speaker 12: And we have Jack playing on behalf of Shane from w.
Speaker 3: A did I Shane? Hey guys, good mate, I feel im feeling good about that.
Speaker 2: By the way, good on your Shane, Love you Shane. At least you've got Jack. I've got to be honest, Jack. Yeah, I am not great at this game, and I am filled with dread because favorite part of my job is giving stuff to people who want it for free, and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to follow through anyway.
Speaker 4: All right, ready to go.
Speaker 12: Question one, how many nations are a part of the Commonwealth?
Speaker 4: Fifty six? Correct?
Speaker 9: Yes, Oh my god, Shane, this is how bad the kids.
Speaker 2: But do you know? Do you know what came up? What Commonwealth bank locations?
Speaker 3: Also handy, but not the correct answer or what you're actually looking for?
Speaker 4: All right? Question number two one point to Shane. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Name one of the trusted brands at the bottom of the Harvey Norman main website.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm on it. Dyson.
Speaker 9: Correct, there's there, but I just chose Dyson.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to manifest one of those V tens or V fifteen's or whatever they're called.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, all right, score checked Tom.
Speaker 12: One point to Jack, one point to Christy. This is for the win, guys. Question number three, what was the name of King Arthur's sword?
Speaker 2: I know that ex caliber. I don't even have to look it up.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: Here it pays to be fifty.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Emma, you've got a brand new laptop thanks to Harvy Norman.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: What are the odds of me not even having to google it.
Speaker 3: She's bloody now, Sorry, Shane, I thought, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: We'll play again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Registered by the Nova Player app or on novafm dot com dot au if you'd like to.
Speaker 1: Play the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's talk all things super Bowl halftime entertainment.
Speaker 5: Chrissy's click fait.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is talk about all this stuff with you all the time. Right, I don't watch super Bowl.
Speaker 9: No, I've got no interesting even though she.
Speaker 3: Will football thing, even though Tay's boy Trevor was playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even even though the Kansas City jet to talk about that. We haven't talked about it yet. We mentioned it booing. They booed her. That is so crass and bass.
Speaker 4: It's so bogan and common. I hate booing.
Speaker 2: You know why they booed though, because they're all men at the game, mainly so cancer.
Speaker 9: They don't look totals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not fans of tain trapped to being together.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it wouldn't be. I mean, look, it's never really cool. I was cooler now, but in general, remember Taylor, but Benger swifty is never the coolest thing to be no trick and you know, and especially for a guy, you know, the opposite. Yes, it's true. Anyway, that's bad manners. The halfame entertainment was great. Kendrick Lamark killed it.
Speaker 4: It was just really cool.
Speaker 3: I thought, Swani like I just watched it. I'm like, man, this is a cool performance.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of talk about whether or not he would play his disc track that he won all those Grammys for. It was against Drake your mate when you get tell us about Rake by the way.
Speaker 4: In the three pm clickbait in now.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I gotta keep waiting anyway, I can't believe it. And of course he did play for this track, not like us. We're going to get to Oh my god, my favorite him and Scissor out on Saturday night. Oh yes, so loud.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Ten pm Saturday night. I was cleaning my Magic Mix with a toothbrush. Grim this was glaring and as happy as a clam. So you else is happy? Is that the end of the halftime?
Speaker 4: That is good?
Speaker 2: I still am sad that we don't get to see the ads. I love it. I'll tell you who's happy as a clam. Rebrecy Gibney. She's having a cracket Dancing with the Stars. Yeah, Krugs and Kruse and Chris. Oh, he's actually going to use his Channel seven contract money is he We're actually getting in to do something. Do you remember that was a big story. Gorgeous doctor Chris Brown, the vet from I'm a Celeb et cetera. Left that show big song and dance. I'm going to Channel seven. We've never seen him again.
Speaker 3: I thought the guy I was going to host Sunrise with the carry on. That was sort of that followed his move.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was a Sunrise gig. There was some sort of renovation show a foot anyway. Anyway, Dancing with the Stars, the lineup is Britney Hockley, Felicity Ward, the comedian, and she's so great.
Speaker 4: She hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. She starred in the Australian version of the Office. Your Favorite, Harry gar Side.
Speaker 4: Why do you seem like favorite every time you seeing you?
Speaker 2: Goh my god, he's so hot.
Speaker 4: I just think he's a good looking dude.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Michael Usher, I love oh Michaelsh just so much.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's huge that he's on there. That's like him and Gibney. That's top tier man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Sean mccarloff. What in fact, Rebecca Kidney's not on this list? Maybe I made it up.
Speaker 4: She swany under Osha Gunsberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oshan Gunsberg doing it. Sean mccaf is going to be hilarious. That's a really nice cast.
Speaker 4: Nice Susie O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Susi O'Neil is in there. She's going to be super competitive. Was she a swimmer?
Speaker 4: She was Swanny?
Speaker 5: This is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Oh, finally, you've really kept me in the dark the whole show. You went to Drake last night. When I saw you on Friday, you did not have tickets. I did not, and you ended up going. I can't wait to hear how you got the tickets and what he was like, because they're so hard to.
Speaker 3: Get, so hard to get and so expensive, Swany Drake like what he was asking for tickets was really quite something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I agree. So we're gonna all live vicariously through you will.
Speaker 3: Be talking more Super Bowl stuff, I'm sure before four o'clock. But next Chrissy's Quizzy thirteen twenty four to ten. If you'd like to really start your week right and strap on a limited edition Chrissy Swan Show bum Bags.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's give away a bumber.
Speaker 5: Chrissie's Quizzy.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, they are hot to trot these new improved bumbags.
Speaker 4: They sure us one in Sharon, How bad do you want this bum bag?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I hear you, I hear you. What are you going to put in there? What are you going to slip in there?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe I might slip in a bottle of champagne.
Speaker 2: We love that?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 2: Who is the worthy opponent?
Speaker 4: Jack? Katie and Adelaide?
Speaker 13: Hey Katie, Hello, guys, how are you so good?
Speaker 2: Are you going to put a pipe floater in yours?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, you know what New Year knew me of taken up walking, Chrissy. So if I want my keys, my phone, a little bit of lip farm, a little treat yourself chocolate after the.
Speaker 2: Walk, yes you must do that, and also call me any time for some tips if your enthusiasm dies. I spend most of my time on Instagram telling people, mainly women, just get up and walk around the block now, because you will get sick of it, and I'm here for you.
Speaker 10: I thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go. Your names are your buzzes, gills specify me and the first person to get three ounces creat wins the game will get the bum bag. But both of you can call me or send me messages whenever you like. Question number one, name just one cast member on the new season of Dancing with the Stars Katie Yes, Katie, Rebecca Gibney correct. Now I love your little gasp before you answered, and that gas said to me, Oh my god, I know this.
Speaker 4: Question number two Katie.
Speaker 2: Rainbow Beach is found in which Australian state Sharon Shas.
Speaker 10: Queensland correct?
Speaker 2: Question number three. Fourteen years ago today, the video of this song Friday was released, writing It's awful. Every Mandy is a home wrote to THEE we played this. We played this on this very station as if it was an actual song. It's not. It is not. Do you know who sang it? Girls?
Speaker 8: Katie Yes, k Yeah, Rebecca Black.
Speaker 2: Correct, Well done.
Speaker 4: Two points to Katie, one to Sharon.
Speaker 13: Question number four is for the wing Katie, which actor spelled a C T O R hosted the actor Sharon Yes, Sharon that's still correct.
Speaker 2: I've just seen a little snippet saying, oh, you know, amazing transformation. Do you know anything about that? What's happened?
Speaker 10: He's amazing transformation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's talking about it.
Speaker 10: Russell Crowe, Yeah, I thought it to look like you've lost weight.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that old chestnut.
Speaker 3: Sharon, You low key sound like you've lost the will to live today, and I'm so here for it.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know. And it's set with your vibe.
Speaker 2: Is it two a piece to a piece?
Speaker 4: This one is for the win for one of yours.
Speaker 2: Rotten Tomatoes is a website that reviews what just.
Speaker 14: Movie?
Speaker 6: Yes, here you go go o Katie.
Speaker 2: Okay, Katie gets the bum.
Speaker 3: Kadie gets the bum bag. But I'm going to give both of you something. So I'm going to send you both a double pass to Bridget Jones Mount about the Boy own in cinnam Is thirteen.
Speaker 4: Because shout you sound like you need a movie, not my gal.
Speaker 10: Oh thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I will take my daughter.
Speaker 5: We'll have a movie night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can you know you can live updates. You can slip some champagne into your auto bottle. No, oh, I know.
Speaker 4: I have a great Monday night ladies.
Speaker 1: Thank you the Crispy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Now, is there a more famous family than the Kardashians.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, soe. I thought you were about to call them the Krtrashians. Eh.
Speaker 2: Oh is that a nickname? Is it?
Speaker 4: I think I've seen that onlinelling.
Speaker 2: I would never I love them. I particularly love Kim. Look, it's no mystery. My least favorite and I may or may not have caught her boring in my lifetime is Courtney And I normally forget her name. That's how bad I am.
Speaker 4: That's she is to you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so cruel. Every time I forget her name. I think that is so insulting to another human being. Anyway, she Yeah, she has appeared in the new series. This episode went to war last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 3: The first ep of this new season dropped, and she didn't seem like she wanted to be there again.
Speaker 2: No, uh, give it up, give it up, lady. But she did have a little starring role.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Talking about the word that she uses too much.
Speaker 15: When I watched the edits of our show, I make them take out likes. I'll go take out as many likes as you can, I must give someone a full time job.
Speaker 14: It's like like so like like like like like and I was like.
Speaker 1: Get to the punchlines like like.
Speaker 14: Like like just put it out there like like in like almost like like I don't think we know how to like so it's.
Speaker 5: Like editors like vibing.
Speaker 14: And then I was like like like like like like this like but I was like like like like.
Speaker 2: Like like didn't have to like have like no, it's too much, it's too much. You know where did they grow up? Can? I ask? In San Fernando.
Speaker 4: Valley and then Calabases?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because that the use of like I believe came from the San Fernando Valley specifically, Yeah Valley Valley girls VALI back in the eighties, and and then obviously it caught on. I feel like I say it too much.
Speaker 3: I've never noticed that from you because I feel like I say it too much.
Speaker 2: I haven't noticed that from you, and I haven't.
Speaker 4: Noticed it from you. What word do you think? Is there a word that you catch yourself saying?
Speaker 2: I say way too much, Like I cannot listen to myself. See I just said like.
Speaker 3: Right, see I say right, I say right, catch myself going right.
Speaker 2: Right, I say right as well. I don't say yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Like you know yeah.
Speaker 2: I also say absolutely not too much.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you got that from me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I don't know where I got it from, but I say it all the time. It's terrible thirty twenty four ten? Do you over use one word? And sometimes you don't even know you're doing it until you can hear yourself back when you see yourself at it on a video or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you can confess to us the word you use, I reckon. We set people a challenge swany and make them try and talk to us for like thirty seconds without using the word yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, let's keep it at like, let's keep it at like that is the most popular one. I reckon that we are all over.
Speaker 9: Using thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: Jump on the line and will put you to the test next on the Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christy Swan Show on like Nova and like, we use like so.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 4: When you say it like that, that is like nails on a chalk woar.
Speaker 2: I know, And then you can't unhear it. Every time you say it, you go, oh god, I've done it again. Courtney Kardashian has had a reckoning with her overuse of the word like. It was interesting. In the first episode of the annual series, she said that she actually asks editors to edit out as many likes as they can.
Speaker 15: When I watch the edits of our show, I make them take out likes. I'll go take out as many legs as you can.
Speaker 1: I must give someone a four time job.
Speaker 14: It's like Blake, So like Blake.
Speaker 2: Like Blake, Blake.
Speaker 4: I know you hate it. I going to turn it down.
Speaker 7: It just it.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's feels like it feels like it's hypnotizing me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to touch someone.
Speaker 4: We want to know if like court Oh, it feels so weird to say.
Speaker 2: Now you know that that was the correct word. A great use of it, though.
Speaker 3: If like Courtney, you struggle with the word like, we want to hear from.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, because we got a little competition and.
Speaker 4: We yeah, we've got Maddie on the line, Hi, mats.
Speaker 2: How bad is it when you when someone points it out to you, like, oh my god, oh you say like a fair bit and then it's ruined for you forever.
Speaker 6: My Mike fiance tells me all the time, you say it so many times, stop it, and I try so hard not to say it that there have been times where I try. It's so hard to say it. Every time.
Speaker 2: You have not said it once in this conversation. You've done so well.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All Right, We're going to give you a topic, Lauren, and we're going to put thirty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get you to choose the topic because I think you've got an advantage if you really know what you're talking about. So what are you an expert in or what's an interest area?
Speaker 6: Coffee?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start the timer, and if you can talk for thirty seconds, Mattie, we're going to send you a massive bunch of Interflora flowers and only Valentine's Day gift.
Speaker 4: Ah alrighty timer starts now.
Speaker 6: Well, I drink coffee every day because I function as a normal human being when I work in the healthcare industry, so I don't buy people's head off when I'm.
Speaker 9: Uncustom and what's your foot?
Speaker 2: What's your order?
Speaker 6: I drink along black with a pump of vanilla syrup, or if I feel really fancy, I'll have a Sea vanilla'swear cream Culbrey from Starmuck.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you did it? Was that hard?
Speaker 6: That was so hard? It was my stomach was so How.
Speaker 2: Many times did you think you went to say it and you didn't?
Speaker 6: Probably half a dozen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to say there was four or five there that I heard. Oh yeah, you could put it in there.
Speaker 4: Well do done.
Speaker 3: Maddie one hundred and fifty dollars out into Flora, get Valentine's Day flowers and gift delivered the same day.
Speaker 4: That was fun. Let's go to Lawrence one and see if we can.
Speaker 2: Do the same a Lauren, do you think that you're going to be able to following Maddie's footsteps and go full thirty seconds without putting a like in there?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 10: She was amazing. And I think now that you've think we've been talking about the word a lot, it's like, in the back of my mind you.
Speaker 2: Just wagged one in terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know it's so so hard, but I believe in you. What topic do you want to talk about for thirty seconds? Lauren?
Speaker 10: I was just thinking about how you're just talking about making a cake, and I've got this terrible habit of finding recipes and saving them that I'm going to make myself go back into them and cooks. I thought maybe something about recipes and cooking go done.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, I'm gonna I'm going to kick you off with a question. First up, Lauren, what is your favorite thing to cook?
Speaker 10: I love a nice slow cook slamb with garlic and rosemary.
Speaker 2: What do you serve it with?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: What a bit of.
Speaker 10: Maybe mash or some steamed broccolini. That's probably my favorite?
Speaker 2: Do you? What's it Keita? Making the perfect mash?
Speaker 10: I think you need butter in fulton pepper.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 2: And what about desserts?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Look, I'm not a massive sweet person, but when you were just saying about the doughnut cake.
Speaker 3: One into Flora for you as well, Lauren. They do same day delivery. He nailed that, Ladies, Well.
Speaker 2: Done, dude. I could hear the concentration on your voice. So, Lauren was so funny. The Chrissy Swan Show, We're going to finally hear about Jack's Drake experience.
Speaker 5: Last ye, Chrissy's clique.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to Drake and what all these headlines mean about forty five thousand dollars. But it is Super Bowl day to day and Charlie XCX appeared. She's signed with Uber obviously because she did that amazing thing with Share No with Martha Stewart Mather Stewart. Sorry God is really whacking out some amazing ads recently and also for Uber Eats. Charlie has broken down the nfil American football.
Speaker 16: How about I break it down in club terms. So the quarterback, he's like the DJ. He controls the vibe, bad quarterback, bad vibe. The defensive line man is sort of like a bouncer.
Speaker 1: I suppose you have.
Speaker 2: To get past him if you want to score.
Speaker 16: Then there's the kicker who is like, you're really fun friends, that shows up and leaves after one drink.
Speaker 2: Oh, and the.
Speaker 16: Referee he's actually kind of fat.
Speaker 2: He has this stipy little out there and a whistle so cute.
Speaker 16: The tight end no translation needed, babe, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, she's so good.
Speaker 3: He shows at the moment in Australia's wanning because she's currently performing at laying Way festivals.
Speaker 4: Yes, they look so sick.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're not going to that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll try. And that's my Dolph for this weekend.
Speaker 2: I feel sick for your liver. Save all right, let's move on to Drake. He is in the country. It is the hottest ticket in town. Oh man.
Speaker 3: Well, my Drake experience when he actually started Friday night because I had my friend Shurrean's birthday, you know, Ma Batarde, which we know Drake's been loving.
Speaker 4: And as I was walking out, Drake was walking here.
Speaker 2: You're really yes, does he know that you've been the You've been the sound that the man behind the sound of breathing under the bushes. I've just been following him everywhere.
Speaker 4: He's actually looked really grumpy. That's just the word that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: Like he just has his frown and he's surrounded by like such a team. There were three black sprinter vans that rocked up to the restaurant.
Speaker 2: And this is what I don't understand about entourages. Why does one man need so many people around him? That would drive me crazy?
Speaker 4: Right, Like, surely one or two execurity guards are enough. The rest just look like cleaner honor.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, go home, go home, and let me have my steak with three different sources. Yes, now tell me you ended up getting a ticket.
Speaker 3: Yes, my friend Bianco, who has a clothing brand, Banko Bridget She was going with a crew of gals right, and one of the girls dropped out. So I got a three pm call yesterday. She's like, JACKI you can come someone sick.
Speaker 4: I lost my mind.
Speaker 3: I'd been listening to Drake all weekend manifesting it. The show was unbelievable. Swannye in Like, he really nailed. It's almost like you took I hate to say it, took a leaf out of your mate Taylor's books. Yeah, he really nailed hitting every album, like giving a selection of every album because he's got such a massive back catalog.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 4: But a highlight of the.
Speaker 3: Show was when he stopped down and spoke to some fans that had held up signs. Yeah, one fan sign was talking about his son, a Donnis, and he was so pleased with that that he awarded her twenty five thousand dollars cat what, well.
Speaker 4: I'll be half for me and my son.
Speaker 2: We're going to give you twenty five grandam. Yeah and eh, and then for the girl in the bat for the girl in the bat she.
Speaker 3: Had to kiss me as my birthday sid.
Speaker 4: I can't really see you from here, so I.
Speaker 2: Can't judge if I could kiss you.
Speaker 3: I can't really see you.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's a tough read on a kiss.
Speaker 6: But what I am gonna do is I'm gonna give you twenty I'm gonna give you twenty grand and I'm gonna pay for a birthday dinner for you and.
Speaker 2: All your friends.
Speaker 4: Imagine just do that.
Speaker 2: Where would you go if he gave you a dinner anywhere?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it, probably go to Amazon because I know he loves it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, you'd get to see him as well as also, yes, very exciting. Well do you what would you give the concert out of ten?
Speaker 4: Probably a nine point five?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: And have you just been listening to it non stop like after you saw Choice of arm?
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't had a second to you because I sort of left the concert, went to bed, then came to work.
Speaker 2: But tonight will be right, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sunday night really puts a handbrake on my life.
Speaker 5: It really does, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Have a beautiful night in Sydney at my Swan. Tune into Christy on Fixing WI tomorrow. If you're in Sydney, our pals Ricky, Lee, Tim and.
Speaker 4: Joel are up next.
Speaker 2: See ya check The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 5: For more great comedy shows like this.
Speaker 2: Head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 5: Do you