Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way to dance bra little Man Trip with before is celebrating. Good day, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. Today.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited special guests round two. But we've got to meet finally in person.
Speaker 2: One of the most special of guests. Yes, welcome to the show, Joe sug cheers voice. Get great to be here.
Speaker 4: Do you know what this is the first time I think I've been asked to come back on a podcast. Really, Yeah, I must have.
Speaker 3: When you came on the first time, we were just overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: We were very excited and.
Speaker 4: It was over like zoom one because I believe.
Speaker 2: It was during COVID, Yeah, so long ago. Yeah, it's a weird one because obviously we both grew up watching your videos, and I'm sure a lot of people our age would have. Yeah, and like, that's probably a hard thing to wrap your head around, but you've had a long time to I guess understand how big you were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, yeah in person? You met me in person? Am I taller or shorter?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: You'll see exactly.
Speaker 2: I think probably taller.
Speaker 4: What would you guess from like watching me on YouTube?
Speaker 3: I feel like everyone looks shorter on film for some reason, so I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: We've we've had mixed opinions when people meet us shorter in person.
Speaker 4: Some people say taller, we get taller because I was always from the videos with Kasperli, who's like a giant, Josh Peters, like everyone that film videos with Jim Chapman, they were all like six ft plus, So when they see me in real life, when they eventually meet in real life, they're like, oh my gosh, I thought you'd be a lot shorter, So it's maybe I'm still growing. Who knows.
Speaker 2: It was awesome though, with the time that you messaged us, like we were obviously quite a small podcast in this grand scheme of things, and you reached out to us and said that you listened when you're on your train journey. Yeah, we were just like really, yeah, We were like why because I think just before, like we have had discussions before, and I think it was a close close in that time where we were saying, we wonder who actually listens, who's never messages?
Speaker 3: You don't really know' listening and then you ended up messaging and we were like, what, Yeah, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: A lot of people that sort of don't comment, they don't get engaged like that, like that with content because I always think that with my YouTube videos and think sometimes I bump into people at events and stuff and they go, yeah, I love watching your video. I go, I would never have imagined you would like watch my staff. So it's but we do. We sort of look look in the shadows, listen to me.
Speaker 3: How did you deal with getting recognized during your whole YouTube career? Did it ever? Did you ever find it overwhelming?
Speaker 4: Definitely? Definitely, because I think when we started, like I guess I was early twenties, and I initially like loved it, But there's also that time where sometimes it got to a point where if there's a certain like age demographic, so like where we are now, the tube station that I got off earlier to get here, we used to have to sort of like time it because if you I'm wrong and like the school went past something, you'd be stuck there for for a while. So it was quite anyone, I guess between the ages of like sort of thirteen to like sort of sixteen seventeen. This is going back in the old days. You sort of have to whip the hat out sometimes you want to get somewhere quick or something, because you know, you get stopped. And it was quite quite intense. Quite we weren't like I think me, me and my sister, we both sort of I guess sort of fell into it and didn't know where it could lead to as well. So like we when we were when we were this wasn't something that we sort of knew would happen because of making videos. We didn't expect like that. I guess that the people putting something on the internet, you don't expect people you're like your local area to sort of catch wind of it as well. So even going into like our local town to be people that would stop you and ask for photographs and stuff, and you it then sort of hits home a bit of like, oh god, yeah, there's anyone like where you guys are from that to listen to the podcasts, you must have quite a big demographic.
Speaker 3: I think it's always like the first time you get asked for a photo or something, you're like, really.
Speaker 2: I forget the moment? Was it a lever? Yeah? So basically we have a thing called Levers when you leave this TikTok as well.
Speaker 3: We just made a random video before we were even doing anything together.
Speaker 2: It's just an idea and just the whole experience of Levers is like a coming of age event for everyone and you're really excited for it. So I remember I made a song called on the Way to Dunce, which was purely like a parody song, just for our friends to have a laugh at as we Actually I think I wrote it after we did Levers. It was like the year after. I think I wrote it because I was doing YouTube before we did the podcast, just on a small scale. And Yeah, I wrote the song and then I put it out on the internet for the next lot of Levers that were.
Speaker 4: Going and then smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually had a lot of people sending us videos of them listening to the song on the way down, which is what I had imagined for what I'd hoped was. And then Yeah made the song. We went down there and we made a video together calling a guide to Leavers. So we went the year before, had all these experiences dos and don'ts, put it into a video, and then we put it on the internet. Now we put it.
Speaker 3: In a when you when you finish school, you have these things called waste exams, and like your exams to get into an atascore, to get into UNI, and we like put the video in a waste Facebook page and we got like a thousand views in you know, the first hour, and we went to macas and we were like, whoa, you know, we're like seventeen or something like, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And then from that, like we went down to the two Actually we shouldn't have, but we we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my girl, and we went like for the last three days or something just to hang out, like we took a few of.
Speaker 2: The lads went down. So we went down and then we actually went to one of the nights like it's like a rave night. And then I remember there were these two girls that came up to us and said, hey, are you the two guys that made the guide to leave his video. That was the very first time it had ever happened in public, and I remember we looked at each other and we were like, what is this?
Speaker 4: Yes we are.
Speaker 2: That was incredible and I'll never forget that, Like I remember we have a photo with them. I still have it. Somewhere and yeah, that's something that I'll hold close to my heart, but it never feels the same again.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's smart making that song though, because that's kind of like the equivalent of making like a Christmas number one Christmas song. Yeah, for like Christmas, Like every time younger generations of people doing their levers are all going to end up listening to that song. Yeah, it's like Evergreen.
Speaker 3: Where our love for Dunsber came. It's been such a good time there.
Speaker 2: And then obviously you have an affiliation with Dunsbrough now too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been there. I've been. I've been to Dunsborough.
Speaker 3: You like the southwest, like the sort of beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always forget because I went. Last time I was in Perth, I went north for the first time, so I went past two j which I have a relative that lives in two That, yeah I did. I didn't realize he lived that I lived in Perth, but he lives.
Speaker 3: There in like this sort of metropolitan His job is a.
Speaker 4: Pest control as well, which I think that's like the gnarliest job, Like I feel like north of perf because he's gonna get some crazy that way. It's not like over here, it's like spiders or washed. It's like scarier stuff. But when we went further, like right north to Cowberry nice, nice, I did. Yeah, it takes a long way to get that.
Speaker 3: And you're going through a lot of like.
Speaker 4: You and now I understand why. Out that way you get you see a lot of like mutes and stuff that I've got this giant antennae on them. Think, how how are they that into radio? They want radio stations, but it's notice so they I guess if they get stuck in the bush they can still.
Speaker 3: When you're going down south, there are a lot more smaller towns along away, but when you go up north they're very few.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, down south. The first I went was Albany.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think as far as Esperance went down to Albany, but was stopped for like Denmark and like all those kind of places rock and all that kind of stuff. But I love it. It's like that's like wine territory as well, isn't that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of good wines in the way. We're blessed with that. Yeah, do you like your wines?
Speaker 4: I do know what I do. The first time I went to Australia. I I don't know if I mentioned this last time we spoke, but I it was like we were just drinking goon like goon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember you mentioned yeah, yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 4: I mention the dingo? Yeah, I was so drunk I fell asleep puke to myself and then I woke up in the dingo was like yeah, yeah. So it's so I've got like but now I asn't getting older. I'm starting, you know, I feel like because I'm now we thirty three next month, which makes me feel ancient, but we're going to like I've got the age where like I am now slightly more interesting those things I never thought I interested as a kid, Like now when there's birds in my garden, I'm interested to know what sort of species they are. I'm like, now i look after like plants and I'm like, now with wines, I'm like, where's this from? And what sort of I'm like, yeah, yeah, age actually does happen. You do actually end up going like you look at your parents and goes, no way, I'll be into that stuff when I'm older, And then you are, as you start to get older, you start to go hmm, oh, it's a mailbeck from Argentina. I know, I like those, it's scary.
Speaker 2: I had one of those moments yesterday. Actually, We're on the train and I was thinking, this one's really old and it's it's just falling apart. What year is it from? I look down and it said like nineteen seventy three, right, it made sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then I was thinking I was looking around at all the beautiful buildings in the area, and obviously a lot of them have been here for a long time. Yeah, but I want to have a label on every single one of them of what year it was, yea, why it was built, like, yeah, I don't know. I'm just getting into that weird phase of wanting to know things.
Speaker 4: You do get like especially in buildings. Aroun here would see like a little like blue badge on the buildings which says if there's ever like a famous person in history that lived there, it's got like their name on it. He says, when they lived there and stuff.
Speaker 2: We're going to go. We don't have to worry.
Speaker 3: In Australia, you just know any building is relatively eighty And for those listenings, we are staying in Earl's Court at the moment, and this is West London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were saying that you lived here earlier. I was.
Speaker 4: I was in Baron's Court, which is one stop along. So me and Casper for those who don't know, Casper Lee, who's here's my roommate of the time, from our same sort of like a YouTube group. We moved in together and out of all the place we looked at, it was a lot round here in this sort of area, but we settled on a place in Baron's Court and when we went to go and look at it, it was like perfect amount of space, like it is what we needed. We had our own space and it's a good sort of like communal area as well. But it was right next to the tube track. So when we went to go and view it, I don't think Casper turned up. I think it was just me that went to go and see it. And the tube was going past it every two minutes, and you heard and I was like, we're YouTubers, we make content for a living. That's our thing. Is the sound of a tube train going past every two minutes going to affect this. But I was like the space and the cost it was like cheaper than smaller places that we looked at. But actually think about that when we went to go and look at all these places to move into, a lot of them were like student places as well, so there are students already living in there, and so whenever we go to visit them, a lot of the time, the people that were already the people that were already living there were just they're watching TVs. As we were looking around, they'd all start like freaking out, being like, oh my god, it shows so I can cash believe, like what the hell are you doing here? Like looking around are it's so awkward, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: And you're automatically you're thinking, well, this one's.
Speaker 4: This is not going to happen. Like their pants and everything hanging out everywhere. It's like it was proper grim some of them. But but yeah, we moved down there, and that's and we sort of staged West West Side because a lot of the other guys that you know from.
Speaker 3: The ukfts don't come around.
Speaker 4: They never did. Like we'd have to like persuade them because it's such a long way. They're all sort of based out east, like Stratford Stratford Way, so we'd have to be like, we're going to go for a night. We lots to me meet in the middle, like in Central, but every now and then we managed to persuade some of the YouTubers from that way to come over to this way, But then that never never caught on.
Speaker 3: What are the Do you think the main difference is between sort of this area and more east Ah.
Speaker 4: I feel like this area feels more like old like kind of like old school established, Like it's like like even now the old railing and stuff, which you don't really get out east Side. I think east Side still has its history. But yeah, I think a lot of it kind of got is getting redone or a lot of that east Side is getting is gentrified the right word, I don't know, but like it's all getting like redone up and stuff. But the east Side is cooler. Yeah, you get a lot of like all like the sort of like the hipsters are out in, like the shorter chareas, like the cooler space of being. But I don't know, I've just always found I've always kind of preferred West. I think you sort of stick to what you you know, Like we're a bit like that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people when we were getting recommendations of where to stay. Just assume they're like, yeah, you boys would stay. You really like the vibe. But me and Jamo like we prefer like sort of, I guess the nicer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this really the men of culture.
Speaker 3: We really do like this area, just like even just to walk around, very aesthetic.
Speaker 2: It's pretty.
Speaker 4: Although we work there and there's a street down here a poo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's been four or five days. I don't know what's going has taken a ship, it could be a person. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we never know. But you know, when you ask Joe, what are the differences in my head, because we spend a little bit of time east side yesterday, my differences were, well, West is more beautiful and it feels safer. Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff the area we saw.
Speaker 3: I think this area is nicer, fast, it looks a bit better.
Speaker 4: There's lots like parks around this area as well, like.
Speaker 3: They're private parks, Like there's one that's interesting. Yeah, I've never really seen that in it.
Speaker 4: So weird. Never see anyone into me either. People that own the houses around like the access to access to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's funny how when you have something you don't use it but then if you don't have it, you want to.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think is that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We saw the sign like private residence. Only now we're thinking all we want to do is.
Speaker 2: Go into that. But you do it once or twice and then we might be bored of it. Just on that point before about people sticking to what they know, that is something we find back home too. It's like if you live south of the river, say in Perth, there's the Swan River that dies yeah, north and south. Yeah, and then there's a little bit of rivalry between north and south. But in general a lot of people that live north have never lived south, like us, We've never lived north. It's just a strange feeling and like anks between the two, like the battle between them too. We've got this and you don't have that.
Speaker 4: Is it like a rivalry like schools and sea Like.
Speaker 3: It's you definitely identify. It's like do you live north or southever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny and then sometimes people will like turn their nose up at you if the answer doesn't suit there.
Speaker 4: Right, what side is King's Park on? That's nor south north? But the rivers there are you north? We live so right, there's a place. Where was the place I went to that was It must have been North. It was quite like they said, it was quite like a nice area, had like a weird name, nice area, the beach. It felt it felt a little bit like New York and find it.
Speaker 3: Ville. It was like Subiaco is a lovely area that used to be it's died down a little bit. So that used to be where Subiaco Oval was and that's where Free Men on the West Coast used to play. But they took that stadium down and it's a new one in the stadium Crown near Crown Casino along the river. But Subiaco is a very nice area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did like that. I went last night. I was in per I went to Frio Prison as well.
Speaker 2: A cool spot. Yeah, a very nice vibe.
Speaker 4: I feel like three. When I last went there, it reminded me a little bit of like East London, like kind of like asshured, itchy sort of are because it feels quite like more relaxed, chill like it's not so much like sort of city and bustle vibe. Maybe it's just different bit I don't know.
Speaker 2: But definitely it's more of that. Yeah, sort of like sort of hips the vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a year of UNI there and I loved the experience of just you know, you've got coffee shops that I didn't drink coffee, but yeah, you just got nice cattle coffee. You're near the water, and there was lots of cool people there. Yeah. I don't know if I could do it every single day because I was going to UNI every I don't know, maybe three days a week. Any more than that, and I probably would have gone a bit crazy because I don't know. It was beautiful and it was nice, but I just couldn't see myself there. It wasn't me. Yeah, I was trying to fit the mold and everyone else that.
Speaker 4: So what is you? What's your what is me? What's your dream? What's your dream? Location?
Speaker 3: Codslo, Yeah is like it's like the richest area, but it's just it's like along the beach.
Speaker 2: It's just amazing of me.
Speaker 4: But they still do because my girlfriend used to go to the Cops on a Sunday or Sundays.
Speaker 3: There's OBHD Codaslow Beach Hotel, when there's Ocean Beach Hotel. All of those spots on a Sunday are like elite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it used to be like this Sunday. Yeah, Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my favorite night out.
Speaker 2: Like when we used to go all the time. It was just it's so good. It was also good because we rarely had work the next day, like we were only working part time or something, so you could have a lot more fun. Matre had Monday off and it would end at it would end at ten, so you'd be home at a reasonable time.
Speaker 4: See that, especially as you get older as well. That's about I'm way more on like a day thing, fed by like the latest like ten eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the next day you're okay because you get the sleeping Iletally agree, it's not about those late nights anymore.
Speaker 4: No, give yourselfs so old.
Speaker 2: Yeah but no, but it's true and we look we're not. I'm twenty five, but I definitely agree with that.
Speaker 3: There's such a difference in perspective on going out being between like twenty one to twenty five for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I absolutely love the Sunday session. We don't do many in summer is when they normally happen, and the peak time is like you've got sunset and then just after sunset, everyone hits the dance floor and then it's a really good time. That's the best vibe. Oh it's a l the sun just came out.
Speaker 4: It's a sign.
Speaker 2: What area when you come to Perth?
Speaker 4: U stay? So we go to Bunbury. Yeah right, that's still south right, I think it's still south for two hours two hours south. Yeah, a drive, so it's nice. It's quite small. But my girlfriend, I think her family history, her like great great great great grandfather came over on the ship. Yeah, was putting free in prison, yeah state, but I think he was sent there for he stole I think it was a coin.
Speaker 2: She actually knows that. Yeah, I don't know what one of my grandpa.
Speaker 4: Is amazing because because in free your prison had this database where you can type in your details and find out which ship they were on. I'd love to do this. We had all the we found out what was information. And her grandfather, a great great great grandfather came over. He lived like ninety nine as well. Back in those days, he spent like months on a ship coming over from the UK to Australia, spent time in this this prison, and then then moved from there and settled in Bumbury, and that's where there's a lot of stuff now in Bumbury that's named after her surname because he's got strings named after him.
Speaker 3: He lived his life around but he stole a coin. Yeah, exactly around the world.
Speaker 4: Nowadays you have people like going about on the electric bikes is pinching like fifteen phones a day in like London, and like back in the day, he stole a coin.
Speaker 3: Think about that for the obviously, like for the criminals who got sent to Australia, not that you know whatever, they did the wrong thing, it's fine, but like the punishment when you really think about it, was very intense. You're getting on this ship going to this country on the other side of the world that we've just discovered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've never seen what it looks like. It's not like this at all. It's and you've got to survive on that boat, which is probably sort of like disease.
Speaker 2: How long did that boat said?
Speaker 4: I think it says like three months my bend three wooden ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thieves, Our flight here did feel like flight. It feels like a long time, long flight.
Speaker 2: And what flight do you like catching when you go back to Perth.
Speaker 4: Anyone which has the cheapest business class, so I can like that. That's such a long way. That's my one thing. One little like like vice in a way is like being able to see I'm going to Australia. I have to treat myself comfort.
Speaker 3: Have a our favorite airline, do you know what it was?
Speaker 4: It kind of changes each so I actually loved because Quantas do like a direct per yeah, because for me, I don't quite. I don't like it. I just like get on a plane, especially if you can lie flat. I just like get on the plane and just getting somewhere. I don't like to stop in if I'm doing a road trip, I like to just sort of get there. I like to keep stopping off at places for like toilet breaks and stuff. But we did fly Qatar Airways last time, and we stopped off in Qatar as well, and it's just like no, sorry. Last week flew with Singapore Airlines, which was wicked.
Speaker 2: They're very nice, yeah.
Speaker 4: But it was a bit. It was I think it was literally two weeks after that turbulence on the same route. I think it was like London to Singapore. So we got on there and it's like the atmosphere was very different. It was kind of like just make sure you seatbelts on at all times, and it was a bit sort of we were a bit like, hope, Yeah, it's crazy that it happened on a Singapore Airline fly because they're usually regarded as one of the best lines in the world, like every year. But what I heard, and I don't know if this is true, but they someone told me that it's because they because of like the effect of COVID on flights and stuff, they're trying to catch up and make make their money back, so like now to try and save money. They are normally they can see where the tubleance is and go around it, but that burns more fuel to around certain things, so now they're sort of going through it save costs on fuel. And if that's true, people in the like that. But maybe maybe that's why. I don't know, but it's sort of calmed down and I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Flew guitar for the first time on the way here, really enjoyed it well as much as I could. With kids screaming next.
Speaker 4: To me, hit in the back of the seat that we both have stories I had.
Speaker 3: For some reason we flew here, I got a Singapore flight to Singapore. Then Eddie had to hear Yeah, we landed in Barcelona and they the people behind me were like playing a game on the on the tapping the back of the.
Speaker 4: Just and it's like it's not proper touch screen like a on iPhone. It's like the one. You have to give it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like even at the train station, like the tube and the underground and whatnot, when you're buying a ticket. Well, yeah we have a card now, but when you're buying a ticket, you have to press it really hard to.
Speaker 4: Really get some pressure on it.
Speaker 2: I was actually playing a couple of games on the back of the seat as well with Grace, but we were really particular about how soft we did it. After hearing your horror story.
Speaker 4: Oh mate, God chaps the head.
Speaker 2: Every Oh it's horrible.
Speaker 4: The best game to play he wants to be a millionaire?
Speaker 2: Yeah game, I played that. That is good because I played that for like forty five minutes, and then I got frustrated because I just couldn't get to the end.
Speaker 4: It gets to a point there where you start, you know, all the answers in the first like sixteen questions because you play it so many times that the same questions stuck and begain so you know which ones to press. So by the time the flights come into an end, you're like getting to that million pound question like enough times, but I still haven't completed it yet. I'll have to try and complete the worth booking another.
Speaker 3: Flight for just have you ever done any TV shows like that?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 4: What have I done? I've done obviously strictly come Dancing. I've done bake bake Off, which is big? Is it big in Australia?
Speaker 2: Bake Off? Is that?
Speaker 4: Is it? I know your Master Chef's big in Australia Master Chefs.
Speaker 2: There's a few cooking shows, but I'm not too familiar with one.
Speaker 3: A Master Chef and like My Kitchen Rules is pretty big. Master Chef, I'd say it's been like the main stand. Yeah, I remember there used to be one when I was a kid, like Ready Steady Cook in.
Speaker 4: The oh yeah, Ready Steady Cook was Yeah.
Speaker 3: Master Chef is probably the main one.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I did bake Off. That's the one where I cut my finger, yea passed out. Other than that, I've done like a few, like game shows. We go over here like some one called the wheel.
Speaker 3: You enjoy doing TV?
Speaker 4: I do. I do, but I'm quite SELECTI about which ones I go on to. I've been asked to you quite a lot of them. But I'm kind of like I kind of because I grew up watching like television as well, like Saturday night TV and things like that. So for me, I like, I like doing the ones that I remember as a kid growing up sort of or I watched when I was younger. But then yeah, it's sort of like pens. I still even though I do a lot in the TV space, I sort of shift now between YouTube and TV. Like YouTube for me is still yeah, I think I think it always will be.
Speaker 2: Even if you have ultimate freedom to do what you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah you do. And it's like and that's where like my like fan base sort of originated from. And there's still you know, the sort of the they've watched me sort of grow up on there. It's just like and it feels like a sort of like a safe space, I guess even more so like out of the other social media apps, I feel like YouTube is still like the one that I use one. I would use YouTube because they have like community posts now and stuff you can like you can essentially do tweets and post focus as well on there, it hasn't got the same effect. I don't think it's Instagram, but like, I do still love love YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of value in a YouTube following act. They're more connected to you individually.
Speaker 4: Even though like for me, like Instagram is the best for like, if I want to get a million views on something, I'd post on Instagram. Reels do so well, I felt like on Instagram, but I'm sure if I concentrate on YouTube shorts, I could maybe get it to the same level. Who knows. Yeah, I always, I always always stay loyal to YouTube for sure.
Speaker 2: How was the psychology of, Like, so you grew up in the time where you created videos from a fairly young age. Yeah, and then as you made these videos, you didn't really expect to get where you did, but you just like how was the learning aspect of when you started getting views and started reaping the rewards? I guess learning how to I guess maintain that.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, I think I was really lucky that there was other Through my sister who was also doing YouTube at the time, we sort of had this sort of like friend group and we were all sort of doing it together, so we kind of like held the each other accountable. There was probably like a I think for me there was a low lying sort of determination of keeping up with these guys because when I joined, they were already kind of semi established and already sort of doing their thing. And I think it were a few of these, So this was obviously myself, well my sister Alfie who she's now engaged to. They got two kids, Casper Casper Lee, Jim Chapman, Tiny Burr, Marcus Butler, Jack's Gaps remember Jack's Gap Jack and Finn Harry's. They were twins from the UK. They were sort of two of the ones that sort of started off that kind of brit YouTube sort of semi like boy bandsk Era.
Speaker 3: And that's funny you mention that because I remember in the first episode we did you said you felt like during that period was a sort of boom in like UK culture. Yeah, sort of because of one direction and everything was going on at that point. You said you always felt like that sort of helped you as in a way.
Speaker 4: I definitely think it's the point of right. It was all like a it was like a mixture of like three or four different things that all happened at the same time that just create a spark, I think. And I think one of those things was the fact that a lot of the world were following what One Direction did, and in a way we sort of rode on those coattails slightly. Like when I looked back through ol vlogs, we mentioned them an awful lot. We lip synced their songs, we went to One Direction concerts, and like, I've always been more of like a Lincoln Park biscuit kind of guy, but like I admired what they did, and I sort of I would go along to the constant stuff because also that's you know, our audience loved it, and I think that all sort of like helped, And there was exact thing of like who else is British that we can sort of find. I think that happens when you have something that's that's like a real big star, like a One Direction, people start to go, who else can I sort of follow that I can go, oh, you've obviously seen this person, because everyone likes to that person that brings someone new to the table, and if they take off, they want to go. I was the first one to discover that these people my music and stuff. So I think there was an element of that to it as well, where people would we were kind of like no one really knew about us unless you knew unless you were sort of into YouTube and yeah follow certain.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like for us people in our age group in Australia, you either grew up on like watching American YouTube sort of like like Logan, Paulan and those people, or it was like UK YouTube which is shared in common, watching like all of you guys and the Sidemen and all of that.
Speaker 2: I grew up enjoying a lot of the football videos or soccer right, so I enjoyed Chris m D's videos, Y Spencer Owen's videos, and there's a long list of people. I loved when the sidemen would do their football challenges too. But yeah, what have you had to do? Because I know you like your football, what have you had to do in regards to the people like, are you clo with some of these guys that make the football content?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think, I mean I was. I was actually last summer. Me and Casper got called up to be in a Chris MD video. Oh yeah he got. I think he got one hundred YouTubers to take one hundred shots at goal or something to see who could score the best goal and the best goal won. I think it's like twenty thousand, does that make Yeah? And actually I actually scored, Like when I watch it back, I actually scored. I thought it was quite good and Casper scored a quite a good goal. But then you watched about the video like, yeah, we were nowhere near the prize money, but it was It's nice. I do enjoy I mean I used to be. I used to get the call up back in the day for the Sidemen Charity Games. On the first Sidemen Charity Games.
Speaker 2: What we found, yeah, they fund to be a part of it was fun.
Speaker 4: But it's like it's when you so for me, I guess with the content that I'm make and stuff I have like my sort of like group of friends I make videos with and stuff. But then when you when you then go into a changing room that is full of creators from different parts of the Internet, there's so many like big personalities, and that that's where I sort of go, I go into my shell of it like and but also I think I did the first one and they got called back to a second one. But I think I've got put in defense, like both times. I think every time I've played in the charity matches, I've always been put in defense, which I feel like because like if I've never seen you play football before, it is that they go to sub that comes on and just fills a hole at the back somewhere, whereas like I've never had a chance to like flourish on the wing, which is where I'd like to play. But I think still time is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that? Yeah? There was one moment where I did go up front and there's there's a clip somewhere. I think it's the second Side Men charity match where I managed to put the ball over the bar from about six yards out. I'm literally in front of an open goal and I've skied it over the bar in front of all those people, and then I didn't get the callback for the next one. So I understand, why is.
Speaker 3: It nerve wracking playing in front of lots of people or it is?
Speaker 4: But I think the thing is with that is I've I've been in situations where I've been on stage and of thousands of people doing like Q and A's or doing like we used to go on stage back in the day with like YouTube in America and all over the world, and our thing was just go on stage and doing like who's more likely to out of the British Yeah, cruise. It's like little things like that. But in a way, the bigger the crowd is, the easier I find it is to to perform in a way, because I did. I did a little stint in the theater as well, and that was something I never would have was definitely not on my bingo card five years ago, and I thought, do you know, off the back of doing the Strictly Come dance or dance at the Stars show, I thought, I'll give it a go. Never sang before in public, just gave it a go and then it And in a way, the bigger the crowd, you can't really see them, and you just sort of think in a way, it's easier if I struggle with like if you had to go into a room full of like forty people and pitch an idea or talk, that's when I.
Speaker 3: Was more of an individual thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like you stand up coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's my worst night there. Like even like school assembly kind of vibes like same in front of the school and do a talk that no chance. But like going out into a stadium full of kids who are like who are mainly there for the sidemen as well, it takes off all that all that pressure. I think it's just my ship. Football scales.
Speaker 2: The closest thing we ever had to that was in year twelve. We all the year twelve guys had to got to play against the teachers a game of football.
Speaker 3: And this is something you look forward to from year seven like you grow up. It's called was it principals, car principals. You played them in three sports, You played them in AFL, you played them I was four sports, you got cut to three. Now you played them in AFL cricket, soccer and netball. The AFL portion got cut out for our graduating year because it got too.
Speaker 2: Just target the teacher. They hated the Yeah. By the time you're in year twelve, there's a lot of muscly guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of the guys are kind of grown men by them, so they really candish it out.
Speaker 2: Some of them are actually bigger than the teachers. Now, so that old.
Speaker 4: Science teacher Yah mullard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now we played them in cricket. We lost, but they did bring back a teacher who used to teach at our school.
Speaker 2: I want to give I want your opinion on this. So basically, there was this teacher named mister Emerson, right and a great athlete, great athlete, great blow, incredible sportsman. Right. He left the school to pursue something else or went to another school, just taught a different school, like a better role.
Speaker 4: Or something scouted by AJ.
Speaker 2: So the cricket day came around and there was there was rumblings, there was rumors that he was coming back from the dead to play against it. He just tore us apart. Yeah, to be fair, we actually played well against him. No, we lost because of our wives.
Speaker 3: Had a couple of the lads who were horrific bowlers, and I think we bowled over thirty thirty forty runs in just wide.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we had good days though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I think that's yeah, I think that's fair if you can also then bring back like an next student, just one, Yeah, you bring back the student that did go on to become a professional cricketer or something.
Speaker 2: So we did lose that day, but I still put an asterisk next to it because no.
Speaker 3: One watched it anyway, Like this game no one watched because it was played after school. Yeah, the soccer game we ended up winning, which was good, and.
Speaker 2: The whole school watches.
Speaker 4: So is that a thing like in Australia in general? Because when I went to New Zealand, we stumbled across like a school rugby match.
Speaker 3: I think there's are a lot more intense in it and.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like it was like a like a massive team is like watching like Brent, most every sports.
Speaker 3: No one watches, like after school you'll get like twenty or thirty people. Yeah, just that specific one our school watches. But yeah, rugby like schoolboy rugby, the New Zealand school boy rugby is very intense videos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like everyone in Australia as somewhere hanging from a porch a bit string with a cricket ball attached to it where they just practice their string. And it's like it makes me because I've watched the Olympics this year as well, and it makes like it makes sense as to Australia do so many Olympics because you are all like everyone is like so much sportier, like sports so big. I feel like over in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like growing up, everyone plays something, whether it's a cricket AFL or soccer, yeah, basketball, something like that.
Speaker 2: I guess that's why they do recently refer to us as a sporting nation. Yes, we do that well above our weight in regards to like the amount of people our country has. Yeah, yeah too, how well we do it sports that made us proud.
Speaker 4: Watching I think everyone goes up in Australia's so big, that's why. Yeah, but you see how big it is and how much of that space in Australia nothing.
Speaker 3: Majority of it's just nothing. Yeah, it's just we all live on the coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Plus the thing I guess over here, we just don't have the weather for it. Like most of the time people would rather be inside playing Fortnite.
Speaker 2: A lot of people play like football or cricket growing.
Speaker 4: Up more in school more so for like I think in the UK schools it's football. I would say football is the biggest then like for me growing up it is rugby. I think rugby was big, cricket not so much, but then we have cricket, Like even like my little village I grew up and had a cricket team. So it's like the cricket. Cricket does happen, but you've got a kind of like get Yeah. As I passed down, I feel like through the families more so. But then I say that they're like the sort of three three big ones hockey slightly but more for for the girls. I think like field hockey. Yeah, like the one way yeah yeah, the proper yeah, not my not my vibe.
Speaker 2: You come to see what were your favorite sports growing up? What did you play?
Speaker 4: I I played rugby. Really that was my favorite sport. You wouldn't think that looking at me, but I used to love rugby. I think it's when we won the World Cup in two thousand and three. That was that was like I want to I want.
Speaker 3: To get yeah yeah, yeah, fucking goal that up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, after that, I was like, I want to start playing rugby. I used to play in the garden and then I played for my school on the wing and then played because I was quick, but I was just tiny. And the thing is that when I first joined everyone was sort of around the similar sort of height. But then when puberty kicked in, everyone grew massive why growing beards at like sixteen and I just I was a late bloomer, so I just stayed tiny. I remember I played for my town as well, but I think I did it more for like at that point, it's more for the social and I used to go. I'd be there'd be so many times where you turn up on a Sunday morning it's freezing cold, the pictures like frosted over, and you have to like break it see if you can actually playing, and he let it to frost a bit. And I used to sit there and like just shiver on the wing and it's all just a forwards game. The board finally come out to me on the wing and I just knock it on because my hands are so cold, and I just sort of thought, what am I doing? And then when I turned like eighteen, maybe a bit younger, it was when we were also sort of like going to house parties and stuff, so like you'd have a hangover on Sunday and you'd be like, they really fancy getting just pulverized on a pitch for yeah, So I sort of gave it up. But then now now it's more. I quite enjoyed golf, yep, So I play a bit, play a bit of golf, like just to sort of more for like the social still it's more like a social social sport. But I'd love to find a sport which I can get into that I could I take seriously because I think it's with me is that I'm too quick to not take it serious and just be like that it's fine. Like I'd like to find a sport where I can properly take it seriously and get into it. But yeah, what about you guys, you play You both play football right yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well like AFL and soccer to school growing up. Yeah, we don't play much anymore sometimes, like we played in an indoor like indoor soccer social league from Yeah, played last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe you speak about on your podcast in the day about where.
Speaker 2: You were in the Yeah, we lost the grand final. Were sad together. That was horrible.
Speaker 3: Well, during summer, like our boys group likes to play tennis, so we'll meet up at the court.
Speaker 2: That's and we're not very good.
Speaker 4: No, I'm so share tennis, but we get it.
Speaker 3: Like after a few at least get the hang of it. And we have a few sort of our favorite tennis courts. There's one in Cottaslow that is just unreal. And then there's one the like w A Tennis center in Birdswood and you get this really nice view of like op the stadium, Crown Casino, and it's so we like playing in those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very good. We are pretty like as we said earlier, we like the nicer things in life. Like we're not necessarily good at these things, but we love the niceness of it. Yeah, everything looks beautiful, so we feel better about.
Speaker 4: Like the etiquette and things like that, like like the like the rules and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even with golf, Like I love playing golf. Again, not very good, but I just love the I love the scene. Yeah, a few nice golf courses you have. We also went to one that had like really good Google reviews. It was quite close to Yeah, like we went there, we couldn't even get it off the first tea box, like we just kept getting it.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. I've been to PERF quite a few times now, and I heard the golf out there is they got some really nice courses. But when I'm out there popular I say Diane, like did you go play God? She's like no, she's not into it. So next time there we maybe she'd go and play a little three ball definitely, of course.
Speaker 3: I get similar to are you planning on going to Australia?
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, I think this year, no, because we're going to have the UK Christmas. I think the first time. I think because last time were supposed to have a Christmas together in the UK, we were stuck in Helsinki, COVID, so we didn't get to actually have a Christmas time before that was in lockdown London, so it's like the first time since we were together. We're gonna have and all the family of flying over for it as well, so it's going to be quite nice for them to. I think they're gonna be in for a shock because a lot of family haven't experienced exit. I've been to the UK before and so I don't think they will realize, like how cold it can get here.
Speaker 3: What do you prefer the summer Christmas or the like the winter?
Speaker 2: The classic?
Speaker 4: I think for me, like I'm quite like traditional sort, so I do like the cold. I like the like get a log fire going, and like the sort of darker, like when the nights get darker, and like earlier sorry and things like that.
Speaker 2: The forty four degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah the first time. First time I didn't mind it because I was like we built the sang sandman on the beach like a snowman. But like I did quite enjoy it. But it's just like it's once you've experienced it once and it might be the same for you guys coming over here, because it's the same with like I forget that your Halloween is like springtime. Yes, so it's like to me that like blows my mind.
Speaker 3: Is over here Halloween in London, in England.
Speaker 4: It's slowly getting bigger. Like America, it's like very commercialized, massive, and I feel like the UK is like starting to Australia. It more.
Speaker 3: It's not a bigger thing like events you can go. We've had some friends, you host it, but yeah, so massive in Australia.
Speaker 2: We'll not in Perth anywhere.
Speaker 4: But then it also, like I say, like over there it feels like springtime. It'll be so weird. It was like in the UK when you have Halloween, it's like it gets darkerly so it feels more spooking. These are fourth of Tree, so everything to feel it's like the kind of Halloween vibe.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I guess all these holidays were made like in the Northern Hemisphere when they didn't even know Australia existed exactly.
Speaker 2: Now we've just adapted them.
Speaker 3: And we're like, oh, Christmas forty two degrees prawns.
Speaker 4: That it's the funny like jumping about where it's like dark at four pm.
Speaker 3: But in April it's like thirty five degreesh April.
Speaker 2: I remember back when I was younger, Halloween came around and like we didn't celebrate it or anything, but I always like to do one little thing per Halloween just to make myself feel involved. Yeeah. So there was a house down the end of my street that looked really spooky and it was just a really you know, secretive booky. I feel like there was mystery involved. So I went down there with Mum one day and my cousin from New South Wales. We'll get onto a bit of ancestry and a bit. But my cousin from New South Wales came over and I said to Mom, like, on Halloween, can we please go there? Can you take us like in front of their house, into like their front guarden to just look at the house.
Speaker 4: Just to look at the house. Yeah, it's like the equivalent of like going on. Like we used to go in the car and Dad would take us along all the houses that put all the lights up. There's like one house that would like just go overboard and yeah, you had to go along and look at the just to look at the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then we ended up driving there on Halloween night and we just sat out the front in the car for maybe like five minutes and then we got too scared and we had to go home. But like the people there. It's funny because my partner and I will walk past the house like on walks and stuff now and they're just lovely old people who live there, like a, No, it's just an old style house.
Speaker 4: It's got a kooky like gothic styles, like it's Tim Burton's house.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: As we were so obviously the cameras cut out, but we were talking about ancestry, Joan, and you said you went on a show that did it all for you and you found out a lot about Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did this. There's a show in the UK called who Do You Think You Are? And they basically find out all about your your heritage and where you're from and stuff. And I found out that my mom's side. We were talking before about your links to Tasmania and stuff, and I was saying, like, but I found out that like my mom's side originally came from like they think, like Vikingland, that is, like the North like Viking. They moved to France, so they were they were settled in France for a bit, and then they they had to escape France. They managed to find out that my family, like going back, like many many generations, had to flee France because the king at the time was going around kidnapping, getting people to kidnap their children to try and convert them to a different religion. So they had to like and they had to do like a like a three day trek to get to the coast, and then they put the kids in like barrels on a merchant ship and sent it off to the Channel Islands, so a place called Jersey, which is an island which I think is owned by the British, but it's like basically between France and France and England. And then so then they managed to escape as well, the parents mast escape later on, and they then settled in Jersey for a bit, and then that's how and then somehow they went from Jersey to a place called place called like Ramsgate in the sort of east coast of England, and then that's where they sort of came from, which is so weird you think that it's like so we basically have like French heritage on one side and then on my my mom's side again but like the my granddad's side. So it turns out I had like a great great great great grandfather who moved from outside of London and worked on a farm. But he moved to London. This is when London was still had like a it was like a Roman town, so it was it was wasn't Roman times anymore, but it was like still had the Roman fence, like wooden fence around it and stuff. And he moved there to learn to be a goldsmith. So he was an apprentice gold goldsmith and he learnt the trade and all that kind of stuff, became like a master goldsmith and ended up becoming like an absolute baller. Had Like I've read a document somewhere that said that he had he lived sort of in what is now like the Business district of London now, a place called like Foster Foster Lane, and it said on a document that he had thirteen halfs, which meant that he had thirteen fireplaces his in his house and had thirteen fireplaces. You were that would still be exactly exactly, yeah, he said, who He said that if you had that many fireplaces, you would have obviously would have had staff that will like maintained the fires and stuff. So he was doing really well for himself. But then the Great Fire of London happened. Six That was a different battle that was when was it nineteen know, we're kind of been nineteen sixteen something great Fire of London happened and just burnt everything. And I was sat there going like, there's like a thirteen and something chance that the fire maybe could have started from one of his fireplaces, because he had in thirteen fireplaces, then maybe it could have been him. But but yeah, so he lost his house and then had to sort of start from scratch. But they found this document of like all the people that owed him money for the jewelry that he'd made for them, and it was like dukes and Dutchesses and like people of like like royalty and stuff that. So I said, there's got to be like a series somewhere like a YouTube series or something where I go down and try and track these like lost family airlins, pay these dips. Yeah, there's there'd be some people out there. I'm going to go knock on the Buckingham Palace after this and go, I think there's some jewels here that are meant to be ours. But but it's cool, It's it's a wicked experience. And to find out that of that kind of stuff was saying before you've you've tried to find out.
Speaker 2: They didn't get it back. It got lost in the may. I tried twice as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe they found it. They were like, oh god, this is not good.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say. Murderers. Imagine if you found out that there was like horrible, horrible people in your family. I guess they probably would relate to Hitler or something that I think.
Speaker 4: I think on this show somebody they do do that where they because obviously they they approached to go on the show, but then they actually then do a bit of research and then sometimes they do find out that you've got like a wrong and in your family or someone who's bad, and they they I guess it can sort of say look, this has happened. We're fine if you don't want to be part of the show anymore, or maybe you do. I don't know. I don't know how it works, but like I know, on the show, there has been some people that have found out that they're somebody in their finding was a murderer or like stole of sheep and then got beheaded for it or something crazy like.
Speaker 2: Thatgine, if the found that there was like ancestral stuff back down the line, feel strange.
Speaker 4: Like that explains a web toes. It all make sense now I've got twelve fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite ancestry stories is it comes from my auntie. So basically she was adopted because my grandmother was told that she couldn't have kids. She was unable to and then my grandmother adopted a boy and a girl, so that's my uncle and my auntie, and then a magic baby. My mum came out and she was a regular birth and then my grandmother had another baby as well, so she ended up with four kids, two of her own and then two she adopted and one of my adopted, my adopted Auntie. She ended up leaving Australia. She met a man in America. She lives over there now and then she's adopted a Ninese girl. So she's heavily involved in ancestry and finding out people's backgrounds and stuff like that. And she actually made a family tree for myself, my mum and my dad and my sister like recently a couple of years ago. And one of the fun facts is that there is a relation to Bob Marley on my side of the But this is the wrong and bit Bob Marley's dad but from all reports wasn't the best bloke.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He was a white english Man I believe, who came into the town on horseback. And I believe that is the side of the family that I'm from, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. So we can expect a reggae reggae version of.
Speaker 2: Probably cultural appropriation or something terrible, but no, just fun facts like that are cool to know. Yeah, like how you were saying deal off camera that you've got ties back to Tasmania. Yes, I believe on dad's side.
Speaker 3: It looks like the ancestry DNA says, that's where that side of the family settled after Tasmania, So it would have been like here, right, nice nice cold weather loved it, but I've never visited tassinany. I've heard a lot of good things, so similar.
Speaker 2: My dad's side settled in Victoria. Nice and just finding out these things then you can like cling onto them. And I've got English heritage. My dad's mum was from England. Yeah, she passed away before I was born, so I never got to meet her. Coming here like felt like coming back to the homeland, even though I've never been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the homeland for most of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gained sentimental meaning from doing things like that and just knowing it is like a cool part of life to know, like where you have come from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so true. We actually, me and my girlfriend a few years back met up with Chris Lily in Box Part. I was, yeah, because he's he's like he watches like our flogs and stuff. He's sort of like Captain on the YouTube scene for quite a while. And he reached down and was like, I'd love to come come see you guys who were like, this can't be real, so we won't go to meet him. And he's got I think he was there also sort of looking at where his grandparents were and stuff, because I think I think they were sort of in that sort of East London area, so he's like proper into that kind of I guess. I guess you get a lot with Australians that they're a lot of their Yeah, well we know a good place to start back to the UK. Does that have an effect on like teams that you support, Like you said you settled in Victoria, but you're but you I guess you're perf now so Dockers, but like.
Speaker 3: State, like most people born in w a will either go for free or West Coast. Yeah, I go for Adelaide. Just I just picked them as a kid myself, but.
Speaker 4: Soon to be Tasmania though. Yeah, I can.
Speaker 3: Always on the band, but I think it's basically where you're born or like your parents have an influence as well.
Speaker 2: That was how I supported Free Man or my dad he just started supporting them and then he Yeah, you know when I was a kid, I had a beanie and a scarf on Stralia. Yeah, I was just born into it.
Speaker 4: That's the way it would be there, like when you guys have kids. Yeah, that would be the same thing.
Speaker 3: As I wish like that he should have pushed me harder to West Coast. I would have seen a few more final whatever.
Speaker 4: Is it the same with football as well? Like over here is the reason you do you have like links.
Speaker 3: To Mine's just when I like, my brothers are like twelve thirteen years older than me, so growing up, like I think when we played FIFA three, he liked man you went for them, so then I just have always gone for yeah. But yeah, they were good when I was a kid, and Everince got the high school and they've won nothing, so at least I'm not a bandwagon or anymore I even make the four anymore.
Speaker 2: And then my story for Southampton is just I was playing FIFA like my whole childhood I played, and then you know how you get a starter team random like gold players. I had a guy called Manolo Gabiadini, right, an Italian striker who had like average stats. He wasn't supposed to be good, but on the game he just kept scoring goals, goals, goals, So I just like had a liking to him, and then I started following his career in real life. I said, I like this guy, I'm just going to keep following. He's an a tal guy who was playing in the Italian league and then he ended up getting a move to the Premier League. So I kept my eye on this, and I didn't have a Premier League team, so I was thinking, whatever team my favorite player goes to is who I'll support. Yeah, so he ended up going to Southampton. His career started off on fire. He scored seven in his first five Premier League appearances, and then he tore his groin and then his career has been down the drain ever since. Yeah. So he's in Egypt or something at the moment. I found myself still supporting Southampton even when he left. So then since twenty sixteen or seventeen, I've been a Saints man.
Speaker 4: You're going to say, like on FIFA, when you're playing someone and you go five random the top teams, like some rogue team that I've never heard of from like the Romanian League one team.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of like. I was talking about this with Protty on the episode we recorded yesterday. So we had pretty Sea on and one of our good friends, Josh Rognetta. He doesn't support a Premier League team, but for this season we wanted him to have one to clean onto, so we did a spinny wheel like wheel of names, and any team that got pulled out, we removed from the list, and it was the last team standing and now he's a Chelsea.
Speaker 4: Man's fair one.
Speaker 3: It was between I think the final two was like Chelsea and Everton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he probably They probably picked the right, the right, the right blue in that scenario.
Speaker 2: Be good. Now let's wrap it up. I want to ask you this question. We asked you this last time, but obviously it's been a couple of years now, so let's see if your answer has changed. How would you like to be remembered?
Speaker 4: Oh what did I say last time?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't tell me, don't tell me.
Speaker 2: We'll compare the two. We'll do split screen.
Speaker 4: I want to be remembered as somebody who, uh, for a for a peer of somebody's life at so point, gave him a little bit of entertainment and took their mind off something bad that was going on in their life. Perhaps that sounds quite like like that, just for one person. Perhaps I don't know one's day. Yeah, I hope that the stuff that I've sort of put over the years at some point, I mean, I get told a lot that it's helped people and take their mind off things. I think That's always been the thing with my content. I've I've always sort of stayed out of like anything that's like real debatable and like contraversal, just because like I kind of want to be something that not everyone wants to get involved in those topics and discussions. Something like I always from that person that people can go to if they just want something a.
Speaker 3: Bit of escape from all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: So the way I describe your content was it was a safe space for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's how he wanted to be. Yeah, yeah, like sort of I guess, sort of wholesome, kind of yeah, niceness, I guess, with a little sprinkle of mild torture on my friends. But but other than that, it was, Yeah, that's that's how I'd like to be remembered, to help help people sort of escape back in the day, I guess anything anything, but as well as brother, which is that's what I should have said.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that's been an amazing episode. Joe suground two. Thank you for making the time. We really appreciate.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to The Gemo and Dylan Show. Make sure to subscribe to the boys on YouTube and share the podcast with a mate