Speaker 1: Ad A Lady ad A Lady ad A Lady ad Lady Filter.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, welcome to another pod.
Speaker 3: I'm Hailey and I'm Lauren and we are ad Lady on Filtered.
Speaker 2: We're besties.
Speaker 3: We're business partners where the creators of Adelady hollo I say hey, Lossy Media, and we do everything together except ba.
Speaker 1: Alright e right, We've got a big week. We are talking about self doubt and imposter syndrome.
Speaker 2: You're neck deep in that right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, there is a lot to unpack there, and the power of female friendships.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to talk about something because I saw something.
Speaker 3: On Instagram yesterday and it actually frightened me, going, oh my god, I'm doing that and I don't want to be that person. So we're going to dive deep into that later. But normally we start every podcast with a little member of the week, like a little tidbit that happened in our.
Speaker 1: Lives, something silly that just made us giggle, and we don't tell each other until the podcast.
Speaker 3: But today we're kind of united on something and it's a little bit awkward to talk about. Yeah, we got some feedback on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's start with a positive feedback.
Speaker 1: There's been some amazing feedback, Like we have had really like people taking the time to write really long, detailed messages and you've got no idea what that means throughout Adelady Hallo, I say, and now the podcast, whenever anyone takes the time to write to us, it means the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's people that we haven't met before, but they feel strangely and beautifully connected to us. It's people that we do know in the industry who are like, oh my gosh, I feel you.
Speaker 2: I'm in that position, thank you for.
Speaker 3: Talking about it, like really lovely stuff, to the point that I was almost like, God, this is great.
Speaker 2: My head is feeling quite inflated.
Speaker 1: There is nothing worse than Haley Beers and having a massive head, which is never happened in my life until now.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: But we were brought down to earth quite.
Speaker 3: Fast, very fast on the weekend when we had a bit of feedback from two people who we actually love dearly.
Speaker 1: The first lot of feedback was actually from my mother who said she hates the podcast.
Speaker 3: Mush. First of all, she hasn't listened to the podcast. She's just going on the videos that she's seen.
Speaker 1: Secondly, has she not heard of a positive sandwich, like Jules, you got to really work on your delivery, love you and Hailey Great Gals podcast really isn't for me, continue doing great things something like that. But she just goes straight to the meet in the middle of the sandwich. It's not for me. You're sharing too much. I don't like it. I've had friends tell me which friends I'm not telling you? Are you the friends? Your friend's name and shame god, I wanted you to name in shape. I had them all ready to go on my head. Well, I don't care what so and so thinks.
Speaker 3: Okay, So her issue is that we're over sharing too much. Yes, and she doesn't like the personal stuff. My mum also has feedback on the podcast, and my mum is a positive sandwich kind of gal.
Speaker 2: And she did exactly that. I love episode one. It was great. Episode two.
Speaker 3: I think we lost her because we were talking about oversharing and she said, I just worry that, you know, me and my friends who watch Hello Essay are not I get you're gonna lose viewers.
Speaker 2: That's what it was there.
Speaker 1: It was the constipation story.
Speaker 2: It was that yeah, yeah, And I was like, ouch.
Speaker 3: But then I explained to her that this podcast is us. She goes, you built such a beautiful reputation. I'm like, I know, and that's who we are on Adelady and Hello Essay. But we also have very real conversations with our friends about these things. When I'm out for breakfast with my girlfriends or you and the cameras aren't rolling, this is exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But we've always been oversharers, Like even if you're filming and something's happened, you know, if I've gone to a restaurant and I'm filming with a lovely couple and something's happened on the way there, I can't help but tell them because yeah, I can't keep a wall up, and the fact that someone might be like, oh, Lauren's being a bit bitchy today, or she's not being herself, or she's quite a cold person, even though I'm going through something and me trying to put up a wall, that's just not who I am. I have to tell people do have faces, no, never a poker face.
Speaker 2: You will know.
Speaker 3: Don't ask me how I am if you can see that I'm clearly not okay, because you will not get a one word answer, you'll get my entire life story. So we love our moms and we've taken on their feedback and yet her and her a little bit.
Speaker 2: It is stung.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? They are biggest fans. And I love that. My mum has always been the baby just kicked Sloria just got me big kick. She'll always tell me like it is remote. She'll always bring me back down to earth. She'll stop me riding majestically into the sunset on the horse when I need to be So I took it on board. But we're going to continue to be unfiltered. Sorry, mum. Do you know what we need to get? And we need to disclaim a like political ads like this podcast is not endorsed by oh my god, Pearson and Jada, Let's get them to voice it.
Speaker 3: These podcasts is not endorsed by myself, Gerlin.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we've just done? We've just made it worse. Now they hate our podcasts even more.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Okay, let's dive into where you were at the moment, which is so relatable.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 1: Self, doubt and imposter syndrome. There's something that I've been feeling more and more lately, and it's getting worse and I can't shake it. And I'm not sure whether it's something that happens with age or whether it's something that has been happening with pregnancy. But I'm just doubt myself at every point. You know, when I was younger, when we started at a Lady ten years ago, I would walk into a meeting. I'd walk into a room even if I didn't know what was happening or what I was doing or what I was about to say. I owned the stage.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 3: You would walk in briefcase first, and I knew, as your best friend that she has no idea what she's about to say or what's going on, but you would own the room. It was actually quite magical to watch. Oh you work that room like nobody else.
Speaker 1: But I never doubted your I with anything, like I just can you do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Of course? Can you host an event by yourself for a thousand people?
Speaker 2: I would love to What are you doubting I everything?
Speaker 1: Whether it's personal, whether it's work, I don't know. It's just this self doubt that's creeping in that's making me lose my confidence even with parenting.
Speaker 3: Like make let's start with parenting. Then how is it? How are you doubting yourself with Sophia?
Speaker 1: You know, if she does something or says something, Oh my gosh, this is me? What have I done? Am I? Everything's about blaming myself and making it about me as opposed to just going she's for if she's telling someone something that's not right, she's learning, like you know, like the rational part of my brain has gone, like even with MC work now, like talking in front of people, I like, I'm getting sweaty hands thinking about it. This is our life, like our lives. We've done this for ten years.
Speaker 3: This is this is anxiety, anxiety because I've always said that I've had it, but you've never like you've you can't really pinpoint in time when you've had it.
Speaker 2: But this is what that is. Was this is.
Speaker 3: Feeling panicky in your chest, tight in your chest and not knowing what you're going to say, and being a nervous feeling that you don't that you're not used to.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I think so? And before having Sofia, So Sophia, my little girl will be five in June, I was crystal clear. Mentally crystal clear, so.
Speaker 2: I would say you would never crystal clear. I am crystal clear.
Speaker 3: In the whole fifteen years i've known you, you have ever been crystal clear.
Speaker 2: You have always been murky. Always I was c well.
Speaker 1: I thought I was usually carry on, you know, like would work, like the words and everything coming to me. So I always knew that even if I was slightly nervous or got that little butterfly feeling, which is good. I feel like if you don't get that feeling every day doing something, then you're not in the right industry. Still, to this day, after ten years of filming, I rock up and I've got that little bit of like nervous energy, But I think that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I can I jump in here? This is something that from behind the scenes you probably wouldn't know. When we do MC things, Lauren and I will often haven't. I don't know if I should reveal this, but I will. We haven't read the scripts properly. We purely rely on our interactions and relationship, knowing that when we're on stage, if one of us flops, the other one will pick it up, and I always feel safe, so I don't overthink things.
Speaker 1: No, we know the basis of like, if we are talking an event, we know all the details and where the restrooms are and it's a no smoking vehan.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is we wing everything.
Speaker 1: We do everything. But I know I can literally not be looking at you, and I know when you're about to finish a sentence and I know that I'm going to jump in and you're going to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly one time that we were on stage at Adelaide Oval and I think you started the thing saying that your name was Hailey Pierson.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, do you know why? Because it was the one time Hailey has always got stage and I'm Hailey Pearson and this is Laurena's Chez run. I went, you know what I want to do that? Why do you always get to do the beginning? So I got off on stage. I was like, right, it's my time, just shine and I went good evening, everyone, Welcome to Adelaide Oval. I'm Hailey Pierces and.
Speaker 2: This is load of jesuit.
Speaker 1: And then from that moment on, I went, no, you always do the beginning back.
Speaker 3: But then you went blank and you literally and this is like, this is like the worst thing to happen in this industry because it happens to us all the time. Your brain literally went dempletely blank, and you stared at me like save me, and that I had to jumped in.
Speaker 2: You literally had nothing.
Speaker 1: And I also didn't remember my first MCN coming out of having Sophia, and you said something and looked at me and went, I'm sorry, I just had a baby. I don't know what you're saying, yeah, because I wasn't listening. I was tuned out. I think I was thinking in my head I need to pump or something. And then I went, I'm so sorry, guys, baby brain, And thank goodness, everyone in the room was kind and understood.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets it.
Speaker 3: And this is not something that is gonna last forever because you are super confident and you have to be because I rely on your confidence to give me confidence.
Speaker 2: But it is a normal thing when you are pregnant.
Speaker 3: I probably got after I had the babies I experienced for the first time of like, I come across as I'm really confident, but I hate being in a room where we have to network and talk to people that I don't know. I'd rather have a real deep conversation with one person than talk to a million people about shit and that gives me anxiety.
Speaker 1: But that's the problem because we like that. Well, not a problem, but that is why we will meet someone even in a scenario of a massive event, and we go deep really quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we love connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when you don't have connection, you get anxious. So yeah, what are the things you're doing that make you feel better and less self doubt?
Speaker 2: I literally do you need from me?
Speaker 1: And burgo No, it's like this weird self talk. So it's like I catch myself doing it because I even googled it, Like I was like, it's imposter syndrome, right, it has to be Why am I doubting myself? And I wanted to actually google what is imposter syndrome because there's a lot of buzzwords around, So I was like, is this what I'm having right now? It's a psychological phenomenon. We're high achieving individuals doubt their accomplishments and fear being exposed as frauds. So I was like, oh, high achieving, thank you.
Speaker 3: When you say fear being exposed as frauds? Are you saying that that's what we are? People who experiences are actually frauds.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just saw high achieving. That's really lovely.
Speaker 2: I wantative. I don't want to be a fraud, even though I'm pretty sure I am a fraud.
Speaker 1: We are frauds. Continue attributing success to luck rather than competence.
Speaker 3: It's not like we're not luck. It's hard work. It is such hard work. I hate when people say you're so lucky. No, no, no, don't you say that to me.
Speaker 1: To get to work ten years in business, I always think everything we've missed out on family wise, we have put the business before, everything before, my relationship, back in the day, everything, So it's definitely not luck. It says. Symptoms include persistent self doubt, perfectionism, and a fear of failure. It is treated through cognitive behavioral therapy, identifying patterns and reframing thoughts.
Speaker 3: Reframing thoughts, I think everyone, it doesn't matter what industry you're in. I think it would be a very normal thing to have self doubt all the time until you're really confident at something and then you back yourself.
Speaker 1: But do you know what the great thing is? And we work with so many amazing businesses across the state, and some businesses, there's just the one owner. The thing that I think gets me through is I've got you. Yeah, so when I'm having this self doubt or I'm feeling low or doubting myself or not wanting to do something, I've always got you and you always kind of seem to pull me up. When you're sad, I don't fine, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: I don't know how people do businesses with one person.
Speaker 2: I would drown the anxiety and the stress of that. I would be out. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make everything better and even when, like so, if you call me and you're really down and stressed about something, chances are I am equally a stress But my role in that position is like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, everything's fine.
Speaker 3: And then I flip and somehow me telling you that everything's going to be fine rewires my brain to go, no, everything's going to be fine, and then it always is.
Speaker 1: That's the power of positive thinking. So maybe we just need to be more positive. It did say strategies to overcome self doubt practice self compassion, which is something we've said this so many times. If we spoke to a friend the way we speak to ourselves, we wouldn't have any friends. Why do I do this to me?
Speaker 2: Like, okay, let's actually practice that.
Speaker 3: What did you say to yourself this morning when you're like looking at yourself in the mirror, Now say that to me.
Speaker 2: Did you say you're disgusting? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't say that to you because I love you.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Imagine saying the things that you think about yourself to your best friend.
Speaker 1: You're a bad mum, you're a bad partner, you don't look great, your hair is terrible, your eyelashes are falling out, you've got pregnancy acne. Oh my god, who could love you?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh? It goes on.
Speaker 3: So what they're saying in that is that you have to be content within yourself.
Speaker 1: Practice self compassion, treat yourself with kindness just as you would a friend. Rather than engaging in half self criticism, which increases rather than decreases, self doubt, challenge your inner critic. Name you in a critic, to separate it from your true self and question its negative narratives. Which is true, it comes from, It's funny, It's not like it's crippling, do you know what I mean? Like, I just have these thoughts and then I go, eh, all right, and then I help in the car and put Sofia in and then we listen to songs all the way and play Rainbow Cars and life's fine. But it's just those moments where you let yourself think about the negative thoughts. So it is right, it's challenging. You're in a critic going you're being stupid and I'm not even going to buy into this stuff, and pushing it.
Speaker 3: Out, pushing it out there exactly. But also you're you're in a little stage where you're kind of nesting and you're getting ready to have another baby, and you do lose a bit of confidence because you've been through this before, that really weird feeling of when you're not needed anymore, and that's approaching when not that you're never not going to be needed this in this business at all, but it's how I felt. Hang on, Sophia's just walked in, Sofia, I'm baba girl.
Speaker 2: What have you made?
Speaker 1: My sweetheart? He made a fire? He said, how to Auntie Haley in the microphone. Now mummy and I mummy and I.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, your two mums are recording a podcast.
Speaker 1: Sweetheart, Did I go play with Plato, and I won't be long, mommy and I are busy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Like I was saying, distracted by your beautiful little girl. You're nesting, you're getting ready, and you're getting ready for a moment where you're not needed. Not that you're never needed this in this business at all, but we will make sure this business runs perfectly without you.
Speaker 2: So when you come back, it's all fine.
Speaker 3: But there's that weird feeling of when you go off on maternity leave that you're not needed anymore, and you do, you lose so much confidence.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where it's coming from, because you remember last time when I had Sophia. We had planned everything to with an inch of its life so that everything did run smoothie, which is what you want. And then when I came back, I remember going, I'll do this, and Mellily'd be like, oh, I've done it.
Speaker 2: I'll do this.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, oh it's done, babe, And then I was just like, my role, I don't have a purpose.
Speaker 3: I remember being in a car with you, We're driving out to Minato, and you got really emotional and you're like, I feel like I don't have a place.
Speaker 2: In this business. And then I said to you.
Speaker 3: We need you, we need you back, we need you to come back and do what you do best. And I think that you needed me to say that to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then flicked a switch, Yeah, and you were back in. It was a poke between the eyes. So maybe this bit of anxiety is kind of preparing myself for that. But it's going to be okay.
Speaker 2: It's going to be fine. You've got to enjoy this little bubba. I got you. You would do the.
Speaker 1: Same for me, right, Yeah, we all got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love you.
Speaker 1: I love you too, And never talk to a friend like you. Talk to yourself and me either. No, but also we should have talked to ourselves like that, and don't doubt yourself because we got ya. Love you, Okay. I'm excited to talk about this.
Speaker 3: I think this is something that more women should stop and appreciate, and you should be proud to be a woman because I don't think guys get to experience this like we do. And that is the power of female friendships as an adult. So I'm going to read something to you laws that one of my best friends and also one of your great friends, Carrie, love her.
Speaker 1: She's very funny. I'm very inappropriate.
Speaker 3: She's the kind of friend that I've had for twenty something years who has been with me through the good, the bad, the scary, all the all the emotions. She's been on a wild ride with me, and she's always been that friend that is the best listener and always makes me feel good afterwards.
Speaker 1: And she knows what to say and she knows how to articulate it, whereas sometimes you and I can't find the words, or I'll just be like.
Speaker 3: That's sad, exactly, I feel sad, But tell me more so, She's written this thing that I just want to read out to you, and I think if you're at this stage in your life, we should all stop and just appreciate those friends that you have, because it is one of life's greatest gifts to have really close female friends. So she wrote to me saying, female friendships are one of life's greatest gifts. They fill your bucket like no other relationship can, and have a way of keeping you grounded while reminding.
Speaker 2: You exactly who you are.
Speaker 3: Finding the right women to have in your circle can take time, but once you do, their value is priceless. And when I say the right women, I mean the ones who truly are in your corner, the ones cheering loudly when you win, not quietly threatened by it. The ones who genuinely want to see you happy, thriving and becoming the best version of yourself. And they're also the ones threatening to throat punch anyone who stands in your way. They're the women you can be embarrassingly honest with and your most vulnerable around. They know your flaws, your insecurities, and your quirks, and they love you and maybe even more because of them. They'll challenge you and offer different perspectives, but never from a place of judgment. They're the women you'll laugh with till you're wheezy with, but who also hold you when the world feels too much. Importantly, you can be completely unapologetically you when you're around them, and there's no better feeling. Praise the sisterhood. Isn't that so fucking true?
Speaker 1: That is so unbelievably true.
Speaker 3: I think you don't probably realize how lucky we are as adults when you do have that one friend. And I will say, I've always been someone who has had a best friend. I grew up with Lucy, my best friend, my whole life. It was we were like one person, and I don't reckon I would have done half the things I did in my life if I didn't have her backing me the whole way.
Speaker 2: I would rather have a really.
Speaker 3: Small group of friends than ae hundred friends who were just more like acquaintances.
Speaker 1: With But that comes with age two. Yeah, when you're young, you think about planning your eighteenth Oh my gosh, I have to have that person and that person and that person. And now you're looking at planning you know, fortieth and these sorts of things. You're like, can I get to ten? You know, I would just have an intimate dinner, But.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Like think, I think the best friends now are the ones that are completely loyal but low maintenance, which means that when you get to our age, you might not see your friends as much anymore. Like I'm talking about your core school friends, and I know you're still best friends with your best friends from school and same. You might not see them as much anymore, but when you do, it's the same as it always was because they know you and they love you, and they don't if you cancel a plan, they won't get annoyed. They're just like, yeah, no worries. They roll with it and you might try to meet in February, but it's not till September. Then you actually have brunch together. Because of kids, everything gets in the way, life gets in the way. But they're the friends that you leave. You know, they feel your bucket. You have brunch with them, or you go away for a night and you're like, I just feel like I could take on the world.
Speaker 2: You literally feel your heart filling up with love, don't you.
Speaker 1: And the friends that you know. I've got a friend who lives in Melbourne and she came back recently. I hadn't seen it for like two and a half years, but it's like I saw her ye yesterday, Yeah, and everything just goes back to the way it was, the laughing at silly things that your heart just feels genuine connection and you just feel like you're just like a sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the sisterhood.
Speaker 1: It's the sisterhood. It's how I feel with you. We can just sit there. We don't have to talk, but we can talk. But it's just that there's no pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And do you know what it is, It's not like your best friends aren't there to change your mind into doing something there to help you get to where you want to get to.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you don't want to be a friend that is a bad influence.
Speaker 2: And telling that friend to what to do. It's more like, what do you want to do? Okay, I'll help you get to that point.
Speaker 3: And we've both been through situations like that, probably more so you in the last few years of you want something, Okay, I'll help you. I'll help you get to there. I'm behind you. And I've always said this to my girlfriends. Is when you're struggling in life and something you're hitting, you get into a point where something awful is happening, or you're worried about something, you mentally picture all your best friends standing right behind you, ready.
Speaker 2: To catch you when you fall. And if you mentally.
Speaker 3: Picture that, how powerful that is that I can do anything because I know they're right there. So I saw something on Instagram a couple of days ago, and this is what scared me. And you're not in this because I think you don't do this yet, but I definitely do. It's called the catch up trap. So this is what happens when you get to like I'm forty four. We've all got kids at different ages. My friends week I started that I had babies first. So my kids are teenagers and they and my best friends a lot of them have little kids like you, And so the catch up trap is we're all so busy, let's catch up. We end up having a catch up. But every single time I see my friends now is at a cafe or at a park. Right, we catch up, but we're not making new memories. We're not doing new things.
Speaker 2: That we used to do.
Speaker 3: We talk about the time that we were in victor, or we traveled together, or we did this funny experience pissed doing something and that was really funny. But we're not having those experiences anymore. We're just catching up.
Speaker 1: Oh my, we literally I was with my best friend yesterday and we were reminiscing we went for a walking victim and I was like, remember that time we'd hang out here and your mom caught us. Ah, that was funny doing this X, Y and Z. But we're not doing those memories anymore. No, But this, when I go, I feel so boring. We're in the trenches right now. I don't have time to be fun and crazy Lauren, I used to be the person you wanted at a party. I was life of and now I'm like, I can't eat cumps, I don't want to really drink. I'd rather go for a walk. Is that organic meat? No?
Speaker 3: But also, I mean, eighteen year old you would roll your eyes and go yuck, you are so boring. But you at thirty something now is like all I want is that I want a little cottage with a fire and to sit on a couch with a cup of tea and talk to my best friend.
Speaker 2: That's to me, it's like heaven.
Speaker 1: That's what I want. Yeah, but it's not as fun and crazy as Lauren dancing on a boat and almost falling in the water in nature.
Speaker 3: So we're not having these memories anymore. The catch up trap. Beware of it. So if we're talking about friendships and how they start, I think Carrie hit a nail on the head of why this works like you and I work is because there's no jealousy. And I think if you look back at kids now in school, a lot of girls have friendship troubles and it all stems from jealousy.
Speaker 1: Let's pick on the pretty smart one.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can't be too good at something otherwise the other friend will bring you down. So if you are too good at sport or maths, or you're popular with the boys, girls don't like that, so they'll bring you down. So the jealousy is the worst thing. It's like a cancer in a relationship. You can never be jealous. We genuinely when you do something good, I'm so proud of you. When you want underfoot, Like what did you win the forty under forty thing?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what it was, but I was like, I am so proud of her.
Speaker 1: It was a forty under forty Feerceless female award.
Speaker 3: You won like the most inspirational female in South Australia.
Speaker 2: My heart was on the outside of my chest.
Speaker 1: I was so proud of you, and I was so proud to have you there watching me because I'm like, oh, Haley, well this is been exciting because I'm like, if you were to win something or you're to do something, I feel the same. I feel like a proud mum.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's what.
Speaker 3: The key is is find people who will not just say it to you, but they will tell a million other people. I'm so proud of her. Look what she does, Like, she's done this. You want people to be proud of you and push you up.
Speaker 1: But I feel like there's a lot of women potentially in our industry that don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You get a job and they're like, why would Haley get that job? I don't think Hailey should get that job? What do you reckon? I don't think she should have got that job as opposed to just going Haley has worked twenty years to get that media job. She deserves the.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, so when I was in radio not that long ago, Jodiotti, who works at Nova, I've known her forever and she's she's always been someone who has pushed me up and likewise through the industry. We've always had the same job and been potentially against each other. But when she got number one last year, I was against her, but she went.
Speaker 2: To number one. The first thing I thought was, oh my god, I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 3: I've got to text her like it wasn't far out they beat us or bloody hell.
Speaker 2: I was genuinely happy for her.
Speaker 1: Because you're in a place I think that you're not threatened. You're not threatened you've got a career, you've got a job, you know what you're doing. If she's one and your two, and then you're one and she's.
Speaker 2: Two, who can That's all I wanted.
Speaker 1: But a lot of women are not like that. And I don't know whether guys experienced this, but women definitely experience this.
Speaker 3: Do you know? Speaking of guys, this is something also that we have experienced in our travels and I think it's such.
Speaker 2: A beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: We get to go on a lot of trips, right, So we've been on the Gan together, We've been on cruises in Europe and an Asian. We do a lot of amazing things. But on these holidays, what do you notice?
Speaker 1: There's always women traveling with their friends and their besties.
Speaker 3: So you never ever see two friends that have met males unless they're in a couple relationship going on a holiday together.
Speaker 2: So we always see it. There's these women that are seventy plus.
Speaker 3: They're there because either their husbands have passed away, or they're divorced, or they just their husbands don't like to travel, and they travel together.
Speaker 2: These women travel together and men don't do that.
Speaker 1: And we actually met two women on the Gang and then we were traveling on the Indian Pacific or something. And ever since then, ever since they met on the Gan, they've traveled together. They've been to Europe, they've been on cruises. They became best friends from going to travel singly, like it's scary, like think about you know, I'm seventy, I'm hopping on a train by myself. Am I going to be able to talk to anyone? They found a friendship and now they're besties, so it's never too late to find.
Speaker 3: A best I love that. I feel like I understand why women are okay when they might lose a partner or they get divorced when they're older, because they'll hang out with their female friend. And like, I look at that with you. If Jimmy didn't exist, he's the love of my life.
Speaker 2: Like he really is.
Speaker 3: He's the love of my life too, I know. I just I love Jimmy and Berjoy. I love Jimmy and Bergo. We are foursome. But if they didn't exist, I would happily live in a house.
Speaker 1: With you and we wouldn't have anyone telling us do you really need to buy a new cushion?
Speaker 2: Yes we do. Yeah, I would be at flourish home, whereas every day do.
Speaker 1: You need to buy new candles? Yeah? Yeah, Do you need more artwork on the walls?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep we do.
Speaker 3: We would have the most amazing how And that's why you talk to your girlfriends about having living in this commune when we're older. In that like if one day, because Ben died before women normally often often most of the time, maybe when we're really old, we will have a house of just girlfriends and can you imagine how it would work?
Speaker 2: Like clockwork. We did this not that long ago.
Speaker 3: We stayed at that place in Maana, the four of us girls, you, Me, Carrie and Maria, our girlfriends, stayed there. In the morning, we woke up to baked eggs being cooked in the kitchen, and then someone was cleaning up, and someone.
Speaker 1: Was getting coffees. We were going with everything just ran and there was no stress, because men get so stressed by the littlest of things, like just not finding their shoes and it's the end of the world. Like I have this weird thing like if Burgo can't find anything, I know exactly where it is, and nothing makes me happy. It's like you've moved my wallet where's my wallet? I haven't seen my wallet for a week. Third draw under two pairs of knickers to the left under that, and then you go find it like I've got this weird. But nothing phases us.
Speaker 3: No, I all want the same thing. We just want to cheese board. I just want to cheese board in.
Speaker 1: A view cheeseboard of you and my girlfriends, And then everything else is.
Speaker 3: Just Can I just say, as we wrap this up, the catch up trap, try and avoid it. Try and make new memories with your best friends.
Speaker 2: I need to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm so guilty of that, of just going out for lunch and no one remembers a day for breakfast.
Speaker 1: I was gonna remember that they're poached eggs.
Speaker 2: Call not really.
Speaker 3: Well, now you'll not remember that in fifty years time. You want to do an actual memory. So make memories with your girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Right, what are we doing next? Where are we going?
Speaker 2: You and I make memories. We make two many memories.
Speaker 3: We've I've been overseas with you more times than I have with anybody else in my life.
Speaker 1: What we do jag roomors. But how do you make friends as an adult? Because often people say, especially Adelaide, we're very CLIQUI. Yeah, it's very hard.
Speaker 3: To get into the click. We're still friends with our school friends. Yeah, okay, this is interesting. I saw this the other day. The way we make friends, the number one factor is proximity. How close someone is to you physically. If someone lives across the road, or if someone is down the hallway to you at work, you're more likely to be friends with them than someone that lives two k's away from you.
Speaker 2: So proximity is actually everything.
Speaker 3: So maybe it's at work that you meet someone, because you're going to see them every day, you become really close to them. Maybe it's at you at pilates. You're doing pilates and you see someone there every day. And maybe you live in the same area and you're in the same circles. If you live in the same circles, you've got more in common, which means you're more likely to be friends.
Speaker 1: You know, when you do meet someone, though, you might meet someone for the very first time and you feel like a connection. Yeah, but then you don't want to come on too strong. You're like, yeah, I don't want it to think I'm crazy, but I really liked it, and I can hang out with them more. But I've got to play it cool.
Speaker 3: It's hard, I mean an adult, because I feel like I have enough friends.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with the friends that I have.
Speaker 1: I say that to Burgo all the time when he's like, oh, I want this couple to come over, because he is so good. He loves meeting new people and inviting new people over for dinner, and I go, I don't like that. I don't have enough time to see my besties. Why would I want to meet new people. But in saying that, meeting new people or meeting older friends that you wouldn't have seen for years, they're friends with him for a reason, and often when they leave, I go, that was amazing. We should hang out with them more, because when you have someone in your house, your wolves are down. The connection is always going to be really quick. Do you know what I mean? I had a girl here yesterday that the husband has been friends with Bojo for years, and I don't really know her very well. But we sat on this couch and the boys went for a walk, and by the time they came back, I was like, why are you back? We have covered absolutely everything. We'd laughed, we'd cried, we'd talked about our families, things that were going wrong just straight away, and I was like, oh my god, we should hang out more. I really like you. But I wouldn't have gotten that moment. If I'd said, oh, I haven't seen these people for ages, they're your friends. I can't be bothered, let's not have them over, I wouldn't have got that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I love that your partner Bergo is that way. I love that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm going to high school having my best mum friends and I've found them, and I I don't really I'm not making an effort to make new mum friends because I have them. I already have my mum friends. I don't need anymore. Oh that's bad, is it a?
Speaker 1: No? I am like you normally, but the odd time that I do kind of drop the wall and find someone new.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's nice, but it doesn't. But it's transient. It comes and goes, do you know what I mean? But I'm all about the long term stuff, like my friends that i'm with now that I met when like Alfie was little.
Speaker 2: I know I'll be friends with them for ever, but I have enough of them now.
Speaker 1: But you know, they say like friends they're either a reason or a season. Yeah, people come in and out of your life. You know, some of the friends that I've had in my life, like I could not imagine, Like I used to speak to them ten times a day. I couldn't imagine not knowing what they were doing, where they were in life, what was happening. And now I don't see them, But I still look back on those memories and go, oh, they were my besties and I still love them, and I hope they're doing well. But some of them haven't even met Sophia and she's almost five, because that period of my life was then and now I'm in a different period. But that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and do you know what you will as you now going into school starting, So, yeah, you haven't even met some of your best friends that you're gonna have forever.
Speaker 2: That is so exciting.
Speaker 3: But I do think when you get to my age, I'm done with my best friends. I've got my best friends now I don't need anymore.
Speaker 1: So there you have it. You're never gonna be Hally Peerson's friends. I've got enough.
Speaker 3: But don't try, because I've got my tribe.
Speaker 1: She was looking at us with our giant girl feet on this the biggest feet both of us.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, Lauren is like two foot four and I'm five foot nine, but we have the same size feet. But mine are like wide and mine a long and just they we have huge fruit.
Speaker 1: But I always say, if everything falls apart and we doubt ourselves to the point where we shut down, only only fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big feet girls.
Speaker 3: Anyway, On that note, I hope my mom's like that bit without big girl feet and I.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't have talked about your feet like that, Mum.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll see you next week. Have a beautiful week. We love you, Love you.
Speaker 1: Didn't play fuzzies. Yeah, let's go bye, Love your