Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: On Sky News This.
Speaker 3: Is Sharry.
Speaker 4: Good Evening Tonight, a cocky Albanesi boasts he'll run for a third term. He thinks he's got this election in the bag. I'll play you his comments in a moment, and I'll speak about it.
Speaker 5: Live with Ray Hadley shortly.
Speaker 4: Also tonight, Albanese's poor record on supporting women exposed, from demoting Tanya Plubisek to toppling Julia Gillard and refusing to investigate the mean girls. Talk about this with Cameron Milner and Andrew Carswell shortly, Plus the hypocrisy of the teals after a leg respender caught paying influences for positive content. This led to a train wreck interview with Monique Ryan and a terrifying threat against Peter Dutton Ray Hadley, as I said, will.
Speaker 5: Be live in a moment.
Speaker 4: Also tonight, the White House rules out taking questions from journalists who share their pronouns in an email signature. We'll talk about that with Kosher later in the show, but first tonight, Anthony Alberze's treatment of Tanya Plibisek is in the spotlight after an awkward rebuff at Labor campaign launch yesterday, he snubbed her when she leaned in to give him a hug alban Esi, you can see he pushes her away by the hands. It was an awkward move that clearly contrasts with how Albanzi held up Julia Gillard's arm when he saw.
Speaker 5: Her and how he hugged Penny Wong. Have a look.
Speaker 4: Yet for Plebisex. She leaned in and he pushed her away. The body language was obvious for all to see. In truth, Albanese's treatment of Plibasek, who's one of the most popular women in the labor movement.
Speaker 5: Has been ignored and underreported.
Speaker 4: Over the past three years, and in fact, Albaneze has a long history of not exactly championing women.
Speaker 5: He's certainly not the feminist the.
Speaker 4: Party makes him out to be now. Firstly, he helped tear down Australia's first female Prime Minister, Julia Gillard for his mate Kevin Right. At the time, he justified this decision by saying he disagreed with the original move to dump Wright.
Speaker 6: I rang the Prime Minister this morning and had a lengthy conversation with her. I informed the Prime Minister that I would be voting for Kevin Rudd in Monday's ballot. I'd argued against this sort of action before, on the night of twenty third of June twenty ten. I believe the government's difficulties can be traced to that night. Labor is a party of fairness. It was not fair, it was wrong.
Speaker 4: And Albanizi has continued to reward Kevin Rudd ever since, elevating him to Australia's ambassador to Washington, despite the decision likely costing Ozzie businesses dearly. So Albenize played a critical role in toppling Australia's first female prime minister for Rudd.
Speaker 5: He also refused to.
Speaker 4: Launch an investigation into the allegations of bullying against Penny.
Speaker 5: Wong and Katie Gallagher.
Speaker 4: Why because the so called mean girls were his mates? Is that a good reason not to investigate the very real allegations made by the late Senator Kimberly Kitchen that even her husband referred to at her funeral.
Speaker 7: Kimberly's political and moral judgment was vastly superior to the small number who opposed her internally.
Speaker 2: And of course there's a lot I could say.
Speaker 7: About the unpleasantness of a cantankerous kabbal, not all of them in Parliament that was aimed at kimber and the intensity of it didn't baffle and hurt her.
Speaker 4: So those comments from Kimberly Kitching's own husband, Andrew landerout. Yet for Albert Easy there was nothing to see here because it just didn't suit him politically. He steadfastly refused to hold an inquiry despite claiming to be the champion of women during the Meto era and the Brittany Higgins saga.
Speaker 6: Will you call an independent inquiry into Kimberly Kitching's claims or not? No, Carl. What I will do is take the words that came out of Bill Shorten, for example, at the funeral, which is that Kimberly Kitchen would want us to move on.
Speaker 4: And then there's the way he's treated Plemasek, demoting her simply because she's a leadership rival. He removed her from her beloved education portfolio and put her in the lower profile Environment and Water roll. This is despite her enormous experience as Deputy Leader, Minister for Health and Social Services and Education. She's also the most senior labor figure in the Lower House. Now there's no love loss between the pair to say the least. A recent profile piece on Plivsek described Albanzi as an ineffectual buffoon, and a year into Albanesi's prime ministership, Plibisek even said that she believed she would have won the leadership contest had she run.
Speaker 5: She said, if I had run, I would have won.
Speaker 4: Now everyone in Labor knows about the animosity between Albanesi and Plibisek, and when Tanya was asked about the awkward hug and their relationship on Sunrise this morning, she brushed it off.
Speaker 5: But you'd have to say she wasn't terribly convincing.
Speaker 8: It looks like you're going in for the hug. Here we go going in, but he's kind of just grabbed your hands. Done the orcs thing where he's done the double shake. Was that we put him this out effect. Joe's up a bit orcs.
Speaker 9: What haven't there? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I reckon?
Speaker 4: We should still all be elbow bumping, because during an election campaign, the last thing you want is to catch a cold from someone.
Speaker 9: So that's on me.
Speaker 5: I should have done the elbow bump, I reckon.
Speaker 8: He's still getting along, yeah, of course, Oh, friends, buddies.
Speaker 2: Just teching buddy's.
Speaker 5: And it went on.
Speaker 4: Now alban Easy is a better liar than plisk and he also tried to brush it off today, Yet he couldn't guarantee that she'd still have her job after the election.
Speaker 1: Will you commit to keeping miss Plibasak in the environmental for the next three years?
Speaker 6: Sending you're related, you know what, I'll commit to trying to win this election. I don't assume you might. I do not assume Tenu Plivask has been a friend of mine for a long period of time. We live in neighboring seats. Were good mate, since she's doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 4: Although Albaneze was able to guarantee that Penny Wong and Richard Miles would have their jobs after the election when he was asked about this just a few days.
Speaker 10: Ago, I promise to your key national security team, are pennywe Richard Miles? Can you guarantee they'll serven next term in four in the current roles?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: So this and more and tonight I'm going to play you these comments. A bit later, Albanize says he wants to serve a third term, not just a second or third. And this all shows how overly confident. He is, just like with the voice. He thinks he's going to win, and he's already deciding who to reward with promotion and who to demote. It's also possible he's considering offering ministries to teal MPs in the case of a hung parliament now. Dennis Shanahan in The Australian said today that the whole idea that there are leadership hopefuls trailing their coats and cvs before the election is one is a distracting sign of cockiness and hubris, and suggestive of deeper personal and policy differences. It is a bit early for Albanezi to be this cocky in any case, when the election campaign isn't over. It's halftime, with two weeks on Saturday until polling day.
Speaker 5: Yes, albin Ezi.
Speaker 4: Is ahead in the polls, but he's also the most disliked of the two leaders. Cameron Milner, who's standing by to join us in a moment, says the election is right now still anybody's gain. He writes, by any measure, Albanesi and Labor have done their best to lose after just one yet Darton hasn't been able to convert the palpable anger and disappointment into votes at the ballot box, and he points to what he says is Albinizi's appolling record as Prime Minister, one of the worst leaders Australia has ever had. Milner writes, voters still being crushed by interest rate risers, spiraling rents and grocery bills that costs more than ever seem to have for voters a collective amnesia when it comes to wreaking vengeance on the bloke who takes the upgrades the freebies, asked them to vote yes to the alberneazy voice and bought himself a cliff top mansion in the midst of a housing crisis.
Speaker 5: It is a brutal verdict on his prime ministership.
Speaker 4: And he also notes as the poll show that there is still a large block of undecided voters.
Speaker 5: And I'm told that in some seats this.
Speaker 4: Is as high as nearly thirty percent, So almost a third of the vote in some seats is still undecided. And these voters could determine the outcome of the election, but it's very hard to reach them.
Speaker 5: This is a difficult time of year.
Speaker 4: Both sides had their campaign launches yesterday and Dutton announced a tax cut of two hundred dollars for ten million Aussies. It's a popular policy, but it's a tax cut pledge he should have made earlier in the campaign, certainly in his Budget reply speech, because it's that.
Speaker 5: Much harder to sell now.
Speaker 4: With only two and a half weeks left to go and much of that school holidays, Australians are tuned out, they're away.
Speaker 5: It's easter.
Speaker 4: It's the worst possible time to make major election announcements trying to fight for voters attention. The reality is alban Easy is massively unpopular. He personally has no reason to be cocky because Australians strongly dislike him.
Speaker 5: They don't want to vote for him.
Speaker 4: But Dutton as yet hasn't been able to turn this dislike for Albanesi into a vote for the coalition.
Speaker 5: That's his mission.
Speaker 4: An expert say it is still possible. Dutton proved that he's an effective campaigner. He showed this during the Voice, but there's a concern he may have left major policy announcements too late in the campaign cycle. Okay, big show, as I said, Ray Hadley coming up, Julian Lisa as well, but Now let's bring informer Scott Morrison Press Secretary and Headline Advisory Director Andrew Carswell. Also GXO Strategies director and former Queensland Labor State Secretary Cameron Milner.
Speaker 5: Great to see you guys, as always on a Monday.
Speaker 4: Well, let's start with that awkward snub, that cringe worthy exchange between Albanisi and plibasec Cameron, what's your take on this? And do you agree this is alban easy seeing plebsac still as a leadership rival to him.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, and it speaks to Albo's to complete insecurity as a human being as well as a leader. He's just so weak, fundamentally weak, and he's never liked a strong woman. Couldn't tolerate Gillard so he finished her off, can't tolerate Tenya plebsec and regrettably couldn't tolerate Kimberly Kitching, who stood up to Albo, stood up for what she wanted to speak about, and of course was dismissed after that blling was done by the mean girls. So if you suck up to Albo like Gallagher and Wong and Kinnearly, you get his favor. If you stand up for something you get snubbed, and that's what we saw at the campaign launch just yesterday.
Speaker 4: And I have to say to viewers Cameron that you saw a lot of this up close because you were Bill Shotton's chief of staff.
Speaker 5: So you were there.
Speaker 4: You were in Parliament House at the time when a lot of these events were unfolding, very much.
Speaker 11: So, and when I was working for Bill Albow tried two leadership challenges against Bill Shorten in that period of time. So elbows up to the thick of it in this side of things and are soon up close how he doesn't tolerate or like strong will women around the shadow cabinet table and or around the cabinet table.
Speaker 4: Now Andrew Carswell, there have been a few moments during campaigns where there has been a body language gesture that has really cut through with voters. I mean the most famous of the examples of costs was the John Howard Mark Latham handshake. Do you think this is up there with those moments that voters look at and go that's not quite right.
Speaker 12: Well, it's certainly amusing and it's a reminder of the brutality of politics as well. Two so called friends and embracing in that way, it's also a reminder to people that Albinizi may not be who he says he is. And when you look at confrontations like that, now there is no love loss between these two. They've been at each other's throat for a very long period of time since Hangy plittersc backed You're our Boss, Cameron in the leadership contest. But on the other side too, I mean Tanya is having a bit of a pin as well. At Albo Nature Positive was dead until Tanya Pleitisk resurrected this year.
Speaker 9: Just to niggle at him.
Speaker 12: She hasn't made a decision on Northwest Northwest shelf, the gas projects. She armed an art on a salmon proposal down in Tasmania, just just to get back at Albanesi anyway it can.
Speaker 9: So it's pretty ugly to watch from an outsider.
Speaker 4: But again, he put her in this portfolio that was going to be contentious, that was going to have these difficult issues, So you know, in a way he invited this conflict Cameron.
Speaker 11: Well, and let's not forget that he demoted her from education as well, which was a huge role that she'd done so much work in a policy space. I think Tanya Plepasek has been a perfectly great environment minister. You might like all her decisions, but they're thorough, they're well thought out and they're unchallenged in terms of the court process. So Tany is actually doing the right thing as the Environment Minister. It might not be what Alba wants to see and certainly not what he likes to see in terms of marginal seats in Tasmania or West Australian seats as well, but Tany is doing her job as the Environment Minister and Nature positive. Actually ALP members voted for it at a national conference. They want to see that policy in place, and we actually took it to the Australian people in twenty twenty two. But just like so many other broken promises from Albot, that's once we swept aside as well.
Speaker 4: All right, let's have a look at news poll in the Australian Today, Andrew Carswell, it shows that the coalition's down and effectively at least the major parties are back to where they were at the last election. Andrew, what do you think is this drift away from the coalition going to continue for the remainder of the next two weeks? Or does dun and still have a chance to turn the trend around.
Speaker 12: It's certainly a difficult ask, and it appears like the closer we get to poll day, further the Coalition get away from forming any type of government they possibly can. It was always a difficult ask twenty odd seats trying to toss out a first term government. History not on your side in an environment of increasing global economic uncertainty where there is always a flight to safety, always a flight.
Speaker 9: To a leader that you know. So the task is difficult, but there is hope.
Speaker 12: There is a long way to still go in this campaign, and as you mentioned before, the softwod is gigantic, is massive.
Speaker 9: It's the biggest that I've ever seen.
Speaker 12: A lot of undecided voters that may not like either leader, but they're still in no man's land. They're still yet to make a decision, and they'll make that decision late. The other thing that should give the Coalition some cheer in the poor numbers that we are seeing is that their reduction in primary which is what was forty at Melbourne Cup now it's about thirty five. According to Newspole, the vast majority of that.
Speaker 9: Primary support has not gone to Labor. It is spraying everywhere.
Speaker 12: They've failed to capture, spraying to one nation.
Speaker 9: On the right, they're spraying to the tills and independence on the left. It's going everywhere.
Speaker 12: So there is a seat to seek concess that's going to determine this election.
Speaker 9: It's going to spray everywhere.
Speaker 12: There's going to be no uniform vote, no uniform swing. You're going to see some strange results that are against the odds.
Speaker 9: But that's well, that's the equation. They're in the weather chance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fascinating at this point.
Speaker 4: And as I said before, a lot of people just aren't paying attention at school holidays. They're a way, you know, in many ways, it's the worst time to try to run an election campaign and try and get your messages through. Cameron, in your column in The Nightly Tonight, you write that polling suggests Australians are preparing for a minority Labor government with weak albos PM being led around by the nose by Adam Bant and a bunch of tesla driving Karens. I love that description of the tials tesla driving Karens. But Cameron, this is what you're seeing saying that Australians are predicting news, so at least shows Australians are predicting.
Speaker 5: But how do you see this playing out over the next two and a half weeks.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not sure Australians actually want that. I mean, the poll also said they weren't particularly happy with that outcome either, they were just expecting it, and I think it's because voters resigned to kind of that the weak Albow they know is better still than the unknowns of Dutton and the risks as Andrew made the point in uncertain times of changing leader, but I think polls don't open.
Speaker 3: Till next Tuesday.
Speaker 11: I think we're only halfway through this campaign and I think that the Liberal Party is actually hitting it stride. I think Dunton actually had a good campaign launch.
Speaker 2: You actually got some.
Speaker 11: Real policies out there. You've got a real tax cut on the table and a genuine housing plan. So they're competitive. I agree a little late, perhaps traditionally, but nevertheless, people are.
Speaker 3: Going to vote late in this campaign.
Speaker 11: People aren't switched on yet and so when they are, I think Dunton's actually got a plan that's competitive against Albow, who is at peak Albow Albow can't get any better than this. You know, this is the easiest to campaign so far for Alba, and yet he's still not got a primary bounce and he still look at minority government as his best option.
Speaker 4: All right, let's end with Peter Dutton's son Harry. He joined his dad in the campaign trail today. He's twenty, he's a carpentry apprentice. He actually looks in my view at least he looks exactly like his dad. He spoke about how hard it is for young Ozzies to afford a home Andrew, of course, this was one of the key announcements from Dutton yesterday that he try and make it easier for young first home buyers to buy a house by giving them or allowing them first home buyers of newly built homes to deduct mortgage.
Speaker 5: Interest repayments from the in card tax.
Speaker 4: Do you think we're going to see more of this Dutton's family on the trail to try and humanize him and help sell the policies.
Speaker 12: Well, what a terrific young fellow who handled himself in the biggest and media spotlights, and kudos to him and kudos to Peter for bringing him out in the campaign trail.
Speaker 9: We love to see this, We love to see the humanity.
Speaker 12: Behind the leaders. I mean this is who Peter is. He's not trying to be the family man. He is the family man. So to have his family out there is a fantastic help. I mean, Harry represents a generation of young Australians that have been shut out from the housing market. They can't dream of the great Australian dream again. So it is good to hear those voices and it's good to hear Peter speak into that void because there has been avoid for three years on housing where this government has not built the homes that it is promised, whether that be normal homes or whether that be public housing as well, there's been a void there. So to speak into that office hope to young people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, total disgrace.
Speaker 4: A ten billion dollar housing fund that, according to Labour's own admission, hasn't built a single new house. All right, Andrew cars or camera Mino great.
Speaker 5: Dicerals always all right.
Speaker 4: Ray Hadley coming up shortly on the show with his view on the election, an Alban Easy and the tials. But first let's turn to this vile play of neo Nazis outside Senator James Patterson's office, Pence.
Speaker 13: Ball, we cannot move in ourself did year one against the other to judge the letter of the two evil.
Speaker 2: To make useful idiots of our.
Speaker 10: Soul s all thank you our nation and good.
Speaker 7: Time must be no.
Speaker 6: No, they let them go without.
Speaker 13: Our money, without our time, without our boots, and let that be an immediate indication.
Speaker 5: To the chitment, vile extremist nonsense.
Speaker 4: And James Patterson quite rightly said he wouldn't be intimidated by these losers. Now joining us to discuss is Julian Lisa, Liberal MP and Shadow Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs.
Speaker 5: Julian, great to see you on the show.
Speaker 9: Thanks to be with you, Sherry.
Speaker 4: Now, the rise of these neo Nazis, particularly with public displays.
Speaker 5: Like that, is really disturbing. Do you think the police should be doing more here?
Speaker 3: Yes? I do.
Speaker 14: I think this desecrates the memory of the one hundred of the million Australians that fought Nazism in World War Two. And I think you know, James Patterson, I'm so proud to be serving alongside him in the party room. He's been excellent at the way in which he stood up against hatred against Jews and hatred against all Australians, and I think the idea that these people are able to glorify this sort of ideology is extraordinary.
Speaker 9: You'll remember at.
Speaker 14: The beginning of this term it was Peter Dutton and I that put forward a private member's bill to basically outlaw Nazi salutes and Nazi symbols, and the Labor Government had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, and then later on they had to be drag kicking and screaming to provide mandatory minimum penalties.
Speaker 2: For these things.
Speaker 14: So I think we do need to get tougher on this sort of UnAustralian activity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Look, we're also seeing other instances of shocking anti semitism. This again wasn't so public, but in many ways it's more terrifying. It's a story that's rocked Sidney's legal Fraternity's going to be a potential investigation and even disciplinary action might await. Two Sydney lawyers and their anti smit exchanges are there in black and white. The Executive Council of Australian Jury has also signal plans to complain to the New Southelles Legal Services Commissioner. This is a pair of lawyers who denigrated Jews, laughed at the Hollo hoax, the Shlomo cost.
Speaker 5: This is all in The Australian. It's been reported by Steven Rice.
Speaker 4: Their messages were uncovered after they were planning to leave the legal firm.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: One of the.
Speaker 4: Lawyers, Joannie van Gelder, told The Australian, the thoughtless comments were taken from a private conversation out of context and were not intended to be taken seriously. I'm sorry they have been published and have caused hurt and concern. They don't reflect my views of feelings. Well, that's an unacceptable response in my view because it shows a lack of responsibility. They're apologizing for the comments being put in the public domain, Julia, and not for the actual sentiment behind them.
Speaker 14: Indeed, Jo it's extraordinary that professional people would say these sort of things, even in jest. That says something about what's become of our country in the last few months, the last year or so. The people think it's acceptable to make jokes about this sort of thing, and to refer to the Holocaust in such a derogatory and off hand fashion. You have to wonder where the bureaucracy that is in charge of dealing with social cohesion has been all throughout this time. And I've said it many times on your program. The Human Rights Commission is supposed to be doing things to bolster the social cohesion, to stamp this stuff out, but they've been asleep at the wheel and too often harboring anti Semites and so on, and people who display anti israelatitudes. When the body that is set up to deal with social cohesion, to deal with racism in our country is asleep at the wheel, what do we expect.
Speaker 3: Will happen in the community.
Speaker 14: And what we're seeing from these two lawyers is just disgusting and abhorrent.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't only jokes.
Speaker 4: They were commenting about, you know, a Jewish client, you know, and.
Speaker 14: They were commenting about one of their female colleagues as well. It just it's really, as somebody who once practiced law, I'm sad to see that there are people in the legal profession that think this. And you know, one of the problems that we've had, the reason we're having mandatory minimum sentences in relation to hate crimes in this country is because I think there are people in the legal profession that don't take these things seriously enough. That was what we're in the Coalition were concerned about. We didn't want to see judges not dealing with the anti Semitism that we saw during the Summer of Hate properly. But it stems from the legal practitioners who become judges. If people are not exhibiting a zero tolerance attitude to this sort of thing, then what sort of country we're setting ourselves up.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And I hope that they are struck off if there is an investigation, well, Peter Darton has said that he'd revisit or if he was Prime Minister, he once saw the anti Submitic cold cases to be revisited, to have them investigated, because but it does.
Speaker 5: Seem like we haven't seen action on a lot of major.
Speaker 4: Criminal incidents so far, including the fire bombing of the Ada Synagogue.
Speaker 14: Yes, I completely support Peter Dutton in this. I mean Australians have a real choice at this election. We remember before the last election the Labor Party said there'd be no difference between the two parties in relation to the Jewish community and in relation to the state of Israel. And what we've seen over the last three years is that there's never been a greater difference, and I think going into this election this is another instance of a real difference between the two parties. It's only the coalition that has put together a suite of policies that includes looking back at some of these cases. That includes deporting people who are visa holders who have been engaged in antisemitic conduct. That includes things like the judicial inquiry into antisemitism on campus. That includes a proper coordination between state and federal police and other security agencies to deal with antisemitism. The Labour parties had to be dragged, kicking and screaming on all of these matters, and they have sold our a Western liberal democratic ally in the State of Israel, Ai, the United Nations and through so many of their actions.
Speaker 2: The choice is very clear here sharing.
Speaker 4: It's appalling and you were part of our anti Semitism summit, Julian and again Dartan has said that he'd commit to all of the outcomes that arose during that summit Albanezi Center three page later that said nothing.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't commit to a single one. So it shows you know just how seriously or not he actually takes the.
Speaker 9: Issue that's right.
Speaker 14: And it's not just the Jewish community who's concerned about this, Shary. All Australians are concerned about these issues because it says something about Australia if law abiding citizens, whoever they may be, don't feel the full protection of the law. And that's what we've seen over the last three years to law and.
Speaker 4: Order, a national security and safety for everyone. Julian and Lisa really appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks Sharry.
Speaker 4: Now still to calm till MP Manique Ryan's train wreck ABC interview when she was asked about a leg respender paying influences.
Speaker 5: Much for integrity in politics.
Speaker 4: And Labour's moved to weaponize just into naw PA jimp for prices, Maga comments Ra Hadley would join me live in studio next, welcome back, all right, let's bring in now radio legend Ray Hadley, Ray.
Speaker 5: Great to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Shary.
Speaker 1: Always wonderful to coming into the studio with you.
Speaker 4: Well, you joined me the other night at the leader's debate out in Paramatta and at the time, you know, you felt, along with many others, that Dutton had won that night he was going to be back in the game. But today we saw the news poll showing he'd slipped further behind.
Speaker 5: What are you thinks going on here?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's a case that people aren't tuning in yet that it is the school holidays, or do you think the drift is now away from Dutton?
Speaker 3: No, I think that he's still in with a live chance.
Speaker 1: It'd be very very big ass to get him to majority government, as opposed to perhaps convincing some of the cross benches to join him. But the prime minister's in front as a Minori already prime minister. But I look, I was driving home from Leaf Club and I was stunned by the margin effectively, And there was also that so many people hadn't made their mind up, having sat through all of that as we all did for an hour, and they were still undecided. I thought, well, maybe that they want to make a decision. So I didn't take too much notice of what happened on the night with the one hundred people who voted apparently undecided voters, although I would doubt that based on some of the questioning. But I think that I started. I'm doing this thing for the Daily Telegraph on a daily basis. The Daily Telegraph app in the Daily Telegraph dot com dot a about the election, and I said last Monday after it was a pretty ordinary week really for Peter Dutton personally and for the party. I said, you need some sort of stop gap here. He needs a circuit breaker, and I suggested you Center Price. And I was delighted to see she was there on the weekend. I mean, I couldn't agree more with Andrew Bolt who wrote this morning and probably said tonight as well, that there was all this mass hysteria because she happened the channel Donald Trump in a throwaway line. I mean, the big part was her performance after that, where Dutton was brave enough to say at the end of her having a bit to say, any more questions, media, more questions, he could see that she was doing well. She's a person that the public have confidence in. She talks common sense, she's straight from the hip. And so Dutton not many I heard you comments earlier about Anthony Albanezi and females. He's not going to give Tanya Plipasec a leg up because she's going to be a challenger if he leads a minority government. There's noted about that. And this is rubbish about three terms. I've meant fair egrem Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah he said that tonight. Why do we have a look at what is that? So this is Albo in an interview with The Nightly tonight.
Speaker 5: Have a listen.
Speaker 11: You're telling me if the Nightley brings me up and says Latika, will you come out and cover the campaign in twenty twenty eights?
Speaker 5: It's you that I'll be shadowing.
Speaker 6: If I'm successful on the third of May, then yeah, you'd be very welcome. I look forward and I'll guarantee you another podcast during that campaign.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, ray three terms.
Speaker 4: This is apitome of cockiness thinking he's got this in the bag and he's going to run again.
Speaker 1: No, look, it's remarkable that he should not understand that. Firstly, he's got two elections in front of him to do that, but more importantly, he's got the Labor Party machine'll be tearing him asunder as they did to others, and people like him will vote for other people as he did for Kevin run over others including Julia Gillard. And look, I'm a bit compromised by Tanya Plipasek. I do test to policies. I just think it's madness.
Speaker 3: But I like her.
Speaker 1: I've had many conversations with her as a person, and I like her, and she's I think, a very decent person.
Speaker 3: It's just that her and I'll never agree on policy matters.
Speaker 1: But the way she was treated by the Prime Minister, and I saw the stuff you played earlier about you know, you want to elbow, you don't want to kiss people because you might get.
Speaker 3: The I mean, that's all rubbish. He brushed her. It was a brush.
Speaker 9: She was leaning in.
Speaker 1: He backed the way. And then I saw that his fiance lent In JD. Lent In and did what is dignified and proper. But he brushed her. And what you've also highlighted the night is his treatment of women previously Kimberly Kitching. He was as weak as Ward on that, almost as weak as he's been on the anti semitism as well.
Speaker 4: He was outraged at Scott Morrison for the supposed treatment of Brittney Higgins, yet wouldn't have an inquiry into claims from his own politician that was so grave. You know, she'd raised them with Richard Miles, her husband spoke about them.
Speaker 5: At her funeral. Everyone in the labor party knew about that, and he wouldn't have an inquiry.
Speaker 1: I always thought that I'd never argue that Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull their worst prime ministers. I think this prime minister might have them both capin. I really do. The discussion today amongst the mates was geez, if he does get two terms and then three, what will you do?
Speaker 3: I might hibernate for the next six years or hide because I think it would be disastrous for us.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people ask you that question that you just said you had with your mates.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are talking about it.
Speaker 4: What will we do if Albert Easy and Penny Wang and Tony Burke and.
Speaker 3: As we keep mentioning, it's a package deal.
Speaker 1: But even if you forgive Albanizi for the sins of the past three years, if he's returned as prime minister, you get Chris Bowen, please, you get Tony Burke swearing in thirty and a half thousand people, so I'll vote for him.
Speaker 3: There's not the reason to have done it.
Speaker 1: And you get Penny Wong, who's been as weak as water at the UN and made decisions there have never been made in our best interest before and so it's a packaged deal.
Speaker 3: Now. The other thing that happened over the.
Speaker 1: Weekend was we mentioned earlier just at a price channeling Donald Trump, who cares. But people are saying that the opposition leader is too much like Trump.
Speaker 3: He's nothing like Trump. He's nothing like him at all.
Speaker 1: Mind you, there are some things Trump's done that he probably would like to do, but he won't.
Speaker 4: But do you think this scare campaign is working though, because Albanize is referencing it every single day at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, those that don't know him well would perhaps tumble for that line and that nonsense. But he's not anything like Donald Trump in any way, shape or form. He's very much his own man doesn't and I think my view is he'd make an outstanding prime minister. My fear is that if he doesn't win this one, they won't give him another chance. And I'd say to him and others within the party, John Howard came back and contested and was I think one of our best prime ministers of a modern era, and I think Dutton can be of that standard too. He reminds me a lot of John Howard in many respects. He's honest and he's decent and there's no bs attached to him, and I think he'd be a great prime minister. Whether it's this time or next time, I don't.
Speaker 4: It depends on the size of the web. You know, if he wins ten.
Speaker 5: Seats, then his leadership might be in trouble.
Speaker 4: If he wins fifteen or more, you think it would be safe. But even if his leadership, leadership is in trouble.
Speaker 5: I mean, you think, who are the contenders?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the point. Well, you and I've discussed this before.
Speaker 1: There has to be someone waiting in the wings like there is with the Prime minister a tenure.
Speaker 3: Plibostek is waiting for her opportunity, and.
Speaker 5: Jim Chalmers and others, many others.
Speaker 1: Jim's very ambitious, But there's no one that stands out in the Liberal Party.
Speaker 5: Not in the lower House anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, there's other people in the upper House that would stand out.
Speaker 1: And I think that someone like down the track you center Price would be an outstanding leader. But I think what they should do for the next three weeks.
Speaker 5: She needs to move to the lower House for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but she needs to be on the election trail. I mean, he was confident enough over the weekend in perpose say more questions for your center.
Speaker 3: I think he's got to be confident. Aj you center, I want you on deck for the next three weeks. Not every day, but she is there.
Speaker 1: She is someone that the electric warm to and there aren't any politicians the electric warm too on a frequent basis.
Speaker 4: And she's shown she was a good campaigner during the Voice as well, so she can cut through to voters and they trust her. And you know she out elbows elbow on the tough up the trust.
Speaker 1: She's an outstanding woman. She's an Indigenous woman, an outstanding Indigenous woman as well, and you know they should be falling over themselves people across Australia to make sure she's part of the political landscape into the future. And the best way for that to happens to make sure that this goes right down to the wire.
Speaker 3: On May three, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Ray Hadley, great to see you as always.
Speaker 3: Shari, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'll return my regular spot, I hope next Tuesday with your permission, because.
Speaker 4: You're doing a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Very important it is, indeed, we're getting together.
Speaker 1: They raised tens of millions of dollars for the hospital network, the Sydney Children's Hospital Network encompassing Ramwick and Westmead and it's a very important goal. Then it comes up in June. But a bit of legwork tomorrow night with some very very generous benefactors.
Speaker 5: Well good on you for doing that so important, Thanks Raley.
Speaker 4: And after the break we'll look at those comments from senator just sent an average in for price when she unleashes at journalists after the ALP created this smear campaign and Manique Grian's train wreck interview when she was asked about a LEGRAS spender paying influences. That's after this quick break, welcome back. Well let's turn now to the very definition of a train wreck interview t LMP Mini Brian's disastrous appearance on.
Speaker 5: The ABC yesterday.
Speaker 4: Now, this fun book was about influencers being paid to post content on politicians, specifically about a leg respander.
Speaker 5: Minique Bran was asked about it. It was appalling. Have a look.
Speaker 7: Look, I don't want to have an opinion on it, really, I think, well.
Speaker 6: You don't think you don't think voters deserve to know that if someone they're watching is saying great things about a politician, whether they're being paid by that politician.
Speaker 5: I have to give some thought. It's not something I've given great thought to myself.
Speaker 7: Obviously, I haven't engaged in anything like that muscle.
Speaker 9: You'd have to give that some thought.
Speaker 5: Well, I would think that it would be clear. I don't know. I think I'd have to give it some thought. Done and it went on.
Speaker 4: Here is one example of influencer content that a legraspender allegedly paid for.
Speaker 10: It meets a legraspender, not a career politician. She's a wicked smart economist, mother, a daily five K queen, and works in line with the values of her constituents who are real working people.
Speaker 4: But no disclosure that that's paid content. Well to discuss, let's bring in our liberal senator Holly Hughes and Daily Telegraph journalist James Willis.
Speaker 5: Welcome to you both.
Speaker 4: Well, Holly, I mean, what happened to integrity in politics from the tills?
Speaker 15: We might be shocked, Shari to hear that I'm not a big watcher of insiders anymore, and certainly haven't gone out of my way to watch an entire interview with monic Bryan sharing committees with her was more.
Speaker 16: Than enough time, I can assure you. But that interview and the clips that I have seen were just appalling. When you're talking about integrity, it shouldn't be something you have to spend a great deal of time thinking about whether or not people that are making a decision about who they're going to vote for haveing information that provides them with a better understanding of what's being told to them and the fact that they're paying for people to say nice things about them.
Speaker 17: Now, is that the newest idea out there? No, but I think it's pretty clear. It's why we have authorizations on almost everything we do and say during the election time, so it is authorized by and we know in America, at the end of a j ad they say, you know, I'm so and so, and I have proved this message. I mean, it's you know, how much integrity is this woman?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: If she had no opinion on that. No, exactly, James.
Speaker 4: It's not been a good campaign for the Tills, a spate of scandals, Minnie Brian's husband tearing down posters. Do you think she could be at risk of losing her seat of Curier.
Speaker 13: I think a few of these Tills are at risk, Sharryon, I think they're certainly Zali's Eleagle appears to be safe in Waringa, even though Jamie Rodgers is a very good Liberal candidate. But there are some others where the margin with redistributions has been narrowed up.
Speaker 2: And look the great.
Speaker 13: Bit of hypocrisy here with the teals And this is the kind of thing Monique Ryan should care about a lot, and to say she doesn't really have an opinion on it just doesn't wash. I mean, Holly's got it right. When the Liberal Party puts an ad out, you have to say authorized by Liberal Party HQ, when the Greens do that, when Labour have to do that.
Speaker 2: It's clear that the AEC the electoral laws.
Speaker 13: Are really behind the times and we actually need a bit of reform in this area to make sure that if a social media influencer puts something up where they're suddenly gushing over a politician, that there is a message on the screen that says, by the way, this was authorized by in this case a legraspender or whoever else.
Speaker 2: So there's a major flaw there.
Speaker 13: But we've also seen major examples of teals except money from.
Speaker 2: People with links to fossil fuels.
Speaker 13: I mean, that's the sort of thing they should be just turning back and not small donations. We're talking forty to fifty firs dollars at previous elections. So there's enormous hypocrisy here and it's the kind of thing that Monique Ryan should care about and have front and center for her campaign heading into the pulse.
Speaker 5: And by the way, it's not just the tills.
Speaker 4: We saw that the alb and Easy government paid for the travel and accommodation for some influences to travel to camera for The budget wasn't disclosed, so you know, a lot of people, this is how a lot of young people get their news. They're on TikTok and Instagram and this is there's.
Speaker 5: No disclosure at all that it was paid.
Speaker 4: Now let's turn to this moment the Labor's trying to exploit where Senator just sent an Amber jimper Price says she wants to make Australia great again.
Speaker 5: Have a look, I'm.
Speaker 4: So proud to be able to stand beside and to ensure that we can make Australia rate again. So it was immediately weaponized by Labor and they threw an attack ad together at lightning speed.
Speaker 8: We can't make Australia rate again, that we can make Australia right again, that we can make Australia right again.
Speaker 4: So this campaign to keep it in the headlines continued because then there was a picture emerged of the.
Speaker 5: Senator wearing a Maga hat. The Prime Holly, Oh, it's outrageous. Have you ever seen anything like it?
Speaker 17: I can tell you I did a US trip in two thousand and four and there was a couple of labor No one was a politician at that stage. But now politicians who were at George Bush rallies with me with George Bush gear on. So perhaps if only I could find some of them to recycle at the moment. I mean, honestly, this is actually very concerning though that our country at the moment economically, the way the world is from a defense perspective, everything is really very finely teaturing at the moment, and all this labor government wants to do is throw mud to Center and to Peter Dutton over some links to Donald Trump. I mean, it's just insanity. And I can tell you I got photos through behavior friends.
Speaker 5: Who are over in the US buying those hats.
Speaker 17: They've become quite colector's items. It doesn't mean you sign up to every element of their politics or what they believe or what they say. But the Labor Party is a great party of haters. They've got nothing positive ever to say. It's always sneers. They always go personal and this is just another example of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Let's turn to this story in the Daily Telegraph James that ABC appears to be in hot water overclaims that it may have misled viewers. And there's been an official complaint against the public broadcaster made by the Australian War Memorial.
Speaker 5: And this is over an episode of Four Corners. James, what can you tell us about this?
Speaker 2: Well, it's an interesting one.
Speaker 13: And yes, as you say, there's been an official complaint from the War Memorial to the ABC.
Speaker 2: A month ago a Four Corners episode went.
Speaker 13: To weir, which was highly critical of the five hundred million dollar construction at the War Memorial to give a big expansion and tell all the stories of war. The scene in question involves what starts with the last post and then cuts to the noise of construction and machinery and cranes, which I think sort of drowns out part of the last post. As that continues. The War Memorial is really upset because they have had stop work orders in place to prevent any construction from happening during the commemorative services like we saw. They believe the ABC did this on purpose. The ABC categorically denies that in the statement they've given us today, But certainly I think if people look at the footage they.
Speaker 2: Can make up their own minds.
Speaker 13: But it is worth noting it is the same journalist that came under fire a few months ago Sharhi for his report on Heston Russell and the extra gunshots added to footage of a helicopter mission which created big problems for the ab SEE at the time.
Speaker 9: So this will be reviewed.
Speaker 2: It's now with the Independent Omitsman.
Speaker 13: But the War Memorial is of the view that this was at least insensitive, if not, in their.
Speaker 2: Words, deliberately misleading.
Speaker 4: All right, So the Wilmer Morrows comment and the ABC's full denial on the Daily Telegraph website, James Willis, Holly Hughes, appreciate your time, all right, and we've still got a lot more to come on the show. The White House rules out taking questions from journalists who share their pronouns and their email signatures.
Speaker 5: Fascinating story.
Speaker 4: Plus a Palestinian billionaire resigns from Harvard after accusations he helped finance terror infrastructure for Hamaslas. To speak about this with Koshergata next welcome back, We're joining us now. Sky News contributor Koshergata kosh I love this story.
Speaker 5: The White House says.
Speaker 4: It's not going to take questions from journalists who have their pronouns in their email signature. This is coming from the press. Second Carolyn Levitt, She says, any reporter who chooses to put their preferred pronouns in their bio clearly does not care about biological reality or truth and therefore cannot be trusted to write an honest story.
Speaker 5: What do you make of this?
Speaker 18: It really is classic Trump and this administration where it starts with the substance where he's issued many executive orders doing this, saying that federal government will no longer recognize a spectrum of genders. They've removed it from drop down menus on the website. They're banning boys from playing in girls' sports or withholding funding for people who do that, and they're finishing it off now in terms of this messaging from the White House Press Secretary. And I think it's also a little bit beyond the policy piece of it. It's about stagecraft and power flexing a little bit between the adversarial press and the Trump White House. And I wouldn't be surprised if you see that continue in the vein of the AP fighting back about not wanting to call it the Gulf of America. And there's actually a judge that has gotten involved an injunction and all of that. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of that happen here because a lot of those reporters have pronouns in their bios.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially you can imagine reporters at places like The New York Times particularly, perhaps they're not going to get their questions answered.
Speaker 5: Now, now, let's have a look at this.
Speaker 4: A Palestinian American billionaire, Basha Masri, has resigned from his role on the Dean Council at Harvard University. This following a lawsuit that accuses him of helping finance her muss. He's denied the allegation, saying you never engaged in any unlawful activity or provided support for violence, but kosher that allegations are that he helped finance terror infrastructure and even rocket launch sites.
Speaker 18: Yes, the allegations are indeed very serious. I think there's some like two hundred plaintiffs, two hundred families from October seven victims are in that and joint in that lawsuit and bringing those charges. He as you say, has of course denied them, and I'm sure we'll go through a vigorous process as is his right to do that and defend that because he denies any of those allegations being true. But they do say that basically, he being a billionaire, either directly or through his many businesses and companies, has been in violation of anti terrorism law. That's the premise of the lawsuit that's being brought. And in the wake of all of that, I think he just decided to resign obviously because this is going to consume him and Harvard doesn't want any of this happening. More on top of everything else that we've seen with some high profile firings and everything else that happened there.
Speaker 4: Last year, Trump's health check has been made public today. This is obviously a big story. When jar Biden Hattie's medical examination. So tell us what do we know about Trump's.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so this is the annual tradition of the president getting their physical and then releasing it the White House releasing it for public consumption. He not surprisingly, you know, he is old, the oldest president seventy eight, but he is in good health. He's well known to be a teetotaler. He famously plays golf, does interviews at two in the morning, and all the rest of it. So he seems to in good health according to the doctor's clean bill that's been issued. Also, what's interesting is Trump this time, as he did in the first term, requested a cognitive test, even though that's not required and traditionally isn't done because he loves to do it. He got thirty out of thirty questions right, and he makes it a point to say that Biden never did that, others don't do that, and he is very cognitively well and was very happy to do that test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. Still can't imagine it's going to silence the critics. Koshi Gata.
Speaker 4: Great to see you, and that's all we have time for tonight. Thanks for your company. I'll see you tomorrow at eight and don't mix the miss the next hour because he has Paul Murray with his pop test with the Mavericks