Speaker 1: I get a team. Craig Anthony Harper is my name. The You Project is the show. Doctor Cam McDonald is the guest. He's a gun, he's a friend. He's an academic, he's a business owner. He's an inspirer of humans and teacher for young, hungry and old hungry minds.
Speaker 2: There you go. How's that made?
Speaker 3: Is that? All? Right?
Speaker 2: Did I do like you told me? Make it good?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I did my best?
Speaker 3: That's all I can ever ask of you. Hups? And that's It's a younger version of me would have just been putting a lot of judgment around what your best is, you know, But now I just appreciate everyone's doing it. You know, they're doing everyone's at all times.
Speaker 2: That is so true. That is so true.
Speaker 1: I just had a meeting with a dude that I'm coaching, and I can't tell you anything other than a dude and coaching. But I can tell you, well, I guess I can tell you a few things without giving anything away that I shouldn't. But very very high up in a very big organization, and we were talking about problem solving, communication, leadership, conflict resolution, all the stuff, and we were just talking about which ties into my PhD, but you get it, just this idea of not necessarily agreeing with people, but understanding people and realizing in the moment that you and I are in the same chat but not the same experience. And then so, how do I have this conversation with you knowing that you're not thinking or seeing or feeling or experiencing what I am, while still building connection and rapport, knowing that I might think A and you might think B be and that's not a problem. So this whole other awareness of trying to really like, genuinely understand how other people experience things, see the world, see the situation, navigate problems, interpret data or experiences so that you can build real trust, connection, rapport, not based on the fact that you like them necessarily, but just that you understand them. It's a big It's a thing that people don't really think about and accept them.
Speaker 3: And I think that's been the It's the star that we've spoken about on a different episode, But the really navigating my subconscious in a proper way really really help with that process. You just realize how many of your reactions are due to a bit of fear and the way that people see things like even though, I was just having a chat with my co parent about a particular person that she was having an event to me about, which is all good, it's part of the game, yes, yes, And what was going through my mind is this person is absolutely trying the best that she possibly can, but her best is to be great and is to be a little bit judgmental, and is to put it because she is just scrambling to feel a sense of safety and belonging. And the way that it projects with our very masked minds and expressions that we have is to come across quite uncaring when it's there's so much care happening, it's just it's a panic. It's so fascinating to you can only really get that if you're constantly investigating into your own space. That's saying why am I responding that way?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And knowing that from the outside looking in, you might be looking at something where their response or their reaction or their state is completely inconsistent with what's actually happening from your perspective, right, But then knowing that I might look at that and go as objective as I can be. To me, this seems like a one out of ten problem, but for them, it's an eleven and their literal experiences this is an eleven.
Speaker 2: So and they have no idea.
Speaker 1: That that's a self imposed idea and belief which is now manifesting in a personal reality. And then so for the you know, the clunky bloke or girl or whatever lady, just from the outside you're like, well, she's just carrying on or he's just carrying on about fucking nothing, But to them it's everything. So it's not about oh, I need to think like you or agree with you, or endorse you. I just need to know that what you're thinking and experiencing for you is one hundred percent correct as an experience, you know, not perhaps factually or objectively.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's like I always say, the.
Speaker 1: Dumbest advice that gets given every fucking day, billion times is telling worried people not to worry.
Speaker 2: I don't worry. I'm like you most well.
Speaker 1: Tell you know, a tall person not to be tall. That's how much that's going to help, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's amazing. It's so hard, and particularly if you've got a fixing mindset, and there's a good chunk of us that have the I need to fix this problem in front of me mindset. It is just so amazing to take that back step, say, Jesus must be tough for you. I can totally understand what's going on and then silence and then just watch them self reflect. It's because you can't get to that self reflection if you go into contest with somebody's feelings. And I've taken this a step further as well, my son. My boys are eleven and five, and I am properly conditioning them with my language as far as this stuff goes. Because my son, he's a little connected. He's very socially sensitive, and he's a bit nervous at times and gets like his emotions get really big, which is all normal for him. That's mate. Get you get to choose how you use these feelings. You get you are in charge of your feelings. Don't blame other people because as soon as you blame them, it's now they've got all the power and you're not in control of yourself anymore. I'm just every time we're going through an emotional thing, it's just like you're in charge of your feelings. You get to choose what you feel, and da da da da da da da. I'm just praying to God that it just conditions them. By the time he's twenty, it'll just be stuck in his head. I'm in charge of my feelings. Yeah, So it doesn't work so well for adults to do it that way though.
Speaker 1: I Mean my perspective on that would be yes with an asterisk, because there are times a lot of times where we're not like our feelings hijack our mind. You know, we're not choosing to be sad or happy?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So am I in control or am I controlled? Because I think it depends on the situation and the person. Like, there are definitely times where I think I'm reasonably evolved in this kind of psychology, kind of emotion, kind of self awareness, and I would say there are oftentimes where I'm not in charge of my feelings.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough. What I will say then, is the angle that I'm going for is for him to just own his reaction.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: If I'm feeling this way, it's coming from within me. Someone may have done something then I get to react, but it's my reaction as opposed to their making me right. That's probably a better clarification, you're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, because I think if I feel resentful of old mate, and it's fucking real, that feeling real. I can't just go no, I don't I'm in control.
Speaker 3: Agreed, agreed completely yes, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So And is it like as a parent raising two different kids with different personalities at different ages? Is it like has it been a shock to you because these are your only kids so before that no experience raising kids?
Speaker 2: Of course that how differently.
Speaker 1: You need to you know, just like with pH three sixty with all the different types. But is it how differently you need to say the same message or solve the same problem or address the same issue.
Speaker 3: It is. It's interesting because I've got two really different ages. Right, eleven and five is vast Oh yeah, eleven eleven you can actually get a good conscious conversation going, right five is I just I'm just thinking about zero to seven? What's the messaging that he's got in his head? And he's a little the five year old's a little guardian, so just expl people have done what sorry excuse me, sorry. Guardians have got a bigger, stronger body. They're normally protective of people and their things and they're the biggest stronger body. It it it's built to look after people essentially, and but then he's got a big competitive streak in him as well. But so one of the things, because you know, his eleven year old brother from time to time will say, oh, you're fat, and I come down on him like a ton of bricks about the language and all of that sort of stuff. And so what what I can start seeing now though, because the big thing we talk about guardians think about a Samoan body. Yeah, they're strong, that's that's like they are strong for everyone, strong for themselves, strong for the community. So any time any opportunity that like, geez, look how strong your legs are. Gees, look how strong your body is. Geez, your body is so strong. I am just hammering that, hammering that home. Whenever he thinks about his bodies. I know it's strong because I just know, you know, I've met too many people that have just had issues with their body their whole life.
Speaker 1: Because you're talking you're talking to one, you're literally talking to a lifelong fat kid. Well for the length of my childhood anyway. Yeah, and the eleven year old like drastically obviously age plays a big role.
Speaker 3: But yes, it's a big one. On it's a big one. On him being heard, and I'm seeing this in my twelve year old niece as well, just being heard, their feelings being real, and so it's it's it's all my job to not react and jump in and assume. I've always got to investigate first. And if I investigate first and ask good questions, it all calms down and it's fine. But it's interesting, I think, just maybe due to it being a split home and you know, we didn't have the most stable of situations early on in the piece. Yes, there's a baseline level of stress in him, and he goes into defense very very quickly. So it's just it's just just unraveling that piece by piece, just through more and more better interactions. But man, it's a job. It is a job when you are highly sensitive to tone. My brain is very sensitive to tonality. As soon as he goes into defense, you just want to you want to stop everything, just so it's the perfect little testing ground for me to really know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I guess for you, it's like this sounds quite.
Speaker 1: But to me it sounds almost like it's in a nice way, but an ongoing experiment. You know, in that it's like you're trying to figure out what's the best strategy or the best way to love them or communicate or connect or to make them feel validated or seen.
Speaker 2: Or safe or like.
Speaker 1: And you're you're you, and each one of them are separately, but then all of you collectively in this dynamic where you're trying to figure out what's the best operating system for me and this kid and this kid and then both kids together, where you're trying to figure out you know, their code.
Speaker 3: Yes, one, it's a. It's a. It is an amazing experiment, that is sure. Yeah, And it's one of those things you've just got to because no, I mean, you know, you have an inkling of what the right thing is, and you know, you get exposed to lots of different belief systems and all of that sort of stuff when you're just trying to navigate all of this. Yeah, you've just got to pick your lane with love and and just hope that it's going to be the right thing. It's and I think I've got some good principles in place, but yeah, there's always the question mark of is this the right thing? Am I? Am I dying on the right hill?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean the reason I named this show all those years ago, the You Project was because I've always felt like my biggest challenge is me, My biggest management project is me. The thing that I need to kind of be less lucy goosey, and a bit of lucy Goosey is good, but also a bit of strategy and awareness and methodology and accountability and.
Speaker 2: Process, so that.
Speaker 1: Not so that life is some big boring project, but so that I don't end up at you know, speaking on behalf of the audience, I don't end up at forty five or fifty or fifty five or sixty in a psychological or emotional or commercial or financial or physiological state that I wouldn't have wanted to be. But because I didn't live particularly strategically, I just got up and like I was led by emotions and feelings. Emotions and feelings are great, but we don't really want them necessarily to run certain parts of our life.
Speaker 2: You know that I was.
Speaker 1: Talking with someone the other day, Kate Save, who's a regular on here, but just about the idea of you know, what do you want to be and how do you want to be in five years? And then so what do you need to do now to make that potentially a likely outcome, you know, and just that.
Speaker 2: To try to because obviously the big.
Speaker 1: One is when it comes to our body, among other things, but especially our body. Like I'm emotional about my body, and I'm an excise physiologist and I've been doing this for years and I get it, but i still am not completely logical or scientific or objective about my own body. Like, even knowing all the shit I know, still a big baby sometimes do dumb shit.
Speaker 3: I understand that, and I would I would back that up, even as a dietitian and x fiz and you know, just wanting to improve my like, I'll spend months kind of you know, guess working it or not doing things specific and all I'm going to do is tighten up and actually do the things that I know are exactly right that I would give advice to anybody else about and it would behave the way that I would expect. Do you ever.
Speaker 1: Do you ever I feel this? I probably shouldn't say this publicly, but fuck it, everyone knows me. I'll be vulnerable and pathetic and honest. But do you ever feel I have a responsibility to look or function or be or present a certain way because that if I didn't, that would be inconsistent with my brand and what I do like.
Speaker 2: I feel like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to be in shape anyway, and I think I would, but I think nobody wants me on listening to all of my ship and reading my shit to get up at an event and not look like what I talk about. I don't mean being Superman or ripped and sliced, but just I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get.
Speaker 1: Up and lookhealthy so that that my ego keeps me in check, that my ego keeps me.
Speaker 2: Doing stuff as well as other things.
Speaker 3: You ever, that's the great use of an ego. The Yeah, I definitely feel that, and I would say that I would probably I'm less, less associated with my body, more associated with my personality and how I project myself right when I and this is one of the harsh realities of maybe meeting somebody and then seeing doctor camp on a stage or a presentation or whatever it might be, and then realizing I am a total introvert and I come out of my shell when I've got a really big passionate message or if there's something social going on, and I would literally sit at home by myself and just do work for ten twelve hours a day and not talk to anybody quite happily, and that be okay, you know, whereas there and what I guess what gets seen, So that's you know, and I've got a big community of health professionals. And the CAM personality is sort of the bit that I hold, and for the most part it's genuinely me. But I agree, it's like me being up and up and out with my energy and always having enough and being there for people and being able to engage in a present way. That's probably more I assess that more within myself than my body, for example. But I would have to say secondarily or tertiary is I don't want to be out of shape because I'm talking about precision health and yeah matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's so funny how sometimes I do something and I go, yeah, I'm still a fat four ten year old just trying to not be that, you know, all right, So I want to park that because I actually did intend to talk to you about something else today, your honor, So if we could go there, that would be good.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you. So when we talk generally, I know there's.
Speaker 1: Much more than what I'm about to say, but in broad brushstrokes, you know, in health wellness, in the media, social media, like we're always talking about food and exercise and sleep and stress, and you know a bit around sociology and who you spend time with and the benefit of healthy relationships and you know, all of these variables that are kind of we know about in terms of optimizing ourselves physically, mentally, and emotionally. Like whatever emphasis you want, is there anything it's emergent, anything that's newish that's getting more attention over the let's say, the last three years.
Speaker 2: Where we now know, oh we now know, we're.
Speaker 1: Quite certain about or we're certain this has a bigger influence than we thought that we didn't think, say five years ago. Like I'll give you my quick one example, like I'm always talking to people now about among other things, but when I do corporate gigs and we talk about all the big rocks, you know, not the little rocks, but the big rocks. It used to be you know, food, exercise, mindset, lifestyle and in that pyramid and at the bottom of that now I have relationships because I just think that the kind of relationships we have and all the stuff that's interwoven with that feeling loved, valued, scene, appreciated, connected, and all the psychological, emotional and biochemical stuff that's.
Speaker 2: Into woven around that. You know, it's like it's massive. So is there anything that.
Speaker 1: We now kind of becoming aware of in this space that you operate which is kind of optimal well being for people? And I know it varies depending on their type. That's got your eye or fascination that you want to share with this stuff that is not spoken about so much, or it might even be an extrapolation of something, because I feel a little bit like in this space we keep wheeling out the same old chestnuts.
Speaker 2: Not you and me, but just in general.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, okay. So the first thing that I would say to that is actually I go to a quote from my chief medical officer, and he said, there is literally nothing new in medicine in the last two thousand years, Like they were doing brain surgery in ancient Egypt. Like he's seen the texts and watched tumors being removed from children's heads on the documented in various texts, whatever it might be, even to the point of certain compounds being used to have almost like a chemotherapeutic effect, way way back back, ages ago. So the first thought that came to my mind was that everything that I know, everything that I really focus on, they are these deep threads of knowledge that we've had in one way or another forever. The big thing that really I mean, the pops up that I would say that we talk about less, but it is so profoundly powerful that we just really don't even put any attention on it. And that is the impact of our physical environment, our exposoonics, what our environment and how we're exposed. And I guess to put some trends into that, you can look at cold immersion and saunas and things like that. But I'm speaking more even to the movement of irons ionization electromagnetic radiation that happens with changes in weather or and various things like that. And why I say that one not because it's new, because there's not much that's new, but because we're not talking about it much, and because it's highly relatable, highly relatable. We don't realize until you actually articulate it just how obvious it is. And some examples of that. Most talks that I'm doing about stress, what I do is I talk through how the whole environment impacts our capacity to deal with stress. And so one of the examples is your physical environment. Who hates air conditioning? Every single person puts their hand up for that, or no, every single room, there'll be a group of people that puts their hand up, and then there'll be a group of people that absolutely love air conditioning. And this is a really really simple example. But you can talk to the people that are in very poor health air air conditioning or they don't enjoy it, and you say, tell me about your mood when you're cold, and they say, I'm grumpy, short, I'm impatient, And I'd say, man, does everyone know when I asked their name on June's June down the front here? Has anyone ever given Dune the benefit of the doubt just thinking it might be a little bit too cold in the room as to why you're not having the best conversation with her. It's never part of our thought process and that our physical environment is having. But we know it that, oh jeez, I hate it when it's cold. Whereas there's other people that get incredibly hot and bothered if their conditioning isn't on nineteen degrees and blowing flat out in their face. Then they melt and die, and there's a really interesting dynamic with that with humidity, dryness, ionization. But then from some of our work as well, and this is something that as more people sort of search for the optimal place to live and they try and create their little retreats. We've had a few people that have gone to the mountains to do this Colorado, particularly two of them in fact, and all of these symptoms have started playing out, weight gain, headaches when they've gone up the mountain, and then we've gone through the process of understanding what their body is about and just due to the way that they dispose of oxygen and how they deal with higher altitude and the negative ionization because some people can't tolerate lots of negative ionization. Negative ions come from forested areas, waterfalls, places with plants and water essentially, and so you're going to have lots of negative ionization there, and you have lots of it in the mountains, you have less of it in the desert. You have more positive ionization in the desert. As the wind comes across the desert, it creates positive ionization, and some populations do really well with that so these two people were both desert like bodies living in the mountains, and or ten years of symptoms, could not figure it out, gone to every earnosed throat specialists, every natural path fact puncturist, integrative doctor. Ten years. Literally it said in the profile, you can't live above this altitude. You've got to move down the mountain. Move down the mountain. Two weeks resolution of symptoms. Nothing to do with her diet, nothing to do with anything else other than your body doesn't like this altitude. And so of course you've got symptoms. And then we've got another one of our very best coaches that works with us. She lives in the mountains in Colorado. She knows her body doesn't tolerate it, and so she's essentially changed her house so that she can tolerate living at altitude a little bit more, but just knows that at certain times of the year she's not going to be feeling great. It's really really fascinating. And then I don't know if you want to interject there, but I've got a few other stories I can share.
Speaker 1: No, no, I do, but I won't because that is fucking fascinating.
Speaker 3: Keep going, amazing, amazing, so, and then there's this in Europe, there's this They have this wind called the fiend fo Hn. I believe it's spelled and wow.
Speaker 2: There we'd test after the show kids.
Speaker 3: So at a particular time of year, this wind, this alpine wind, comes down off the mountain and it is known to have more psychotic events, more car crashes, more psychological dramas, more physical symptoms at this particular time of year when the ionization changes in the air. And I think that's absolutely fascinating, not just that, but I don't And you'll notice this is one of the things. Everyone gets a bit stir crazy when it's windy, you know, when you get that really weird windy change. Interestingly, about that, like, it definitely changes your physiology. It heightens your stress levels a little bit, and you'll express stress in different ways. For example, waking up with a sore neck is very very common when there's that windy change, if you've got a particular predisposition for a tight neck. Interestingly, the Chinese spoke about this, and they call it having wind. Literally, they described it as when the wind changes, or when there's a change in the airflow and there's an ionization change, your body responds to that as well because it's being held in a balance. And this is where we can get into the quantum space as well as that we are all just a whole pile of electromagnetic charge that holds itself together through whatever people think is the governing frequency of our body, whatever that might be. And so when ions come through, it actually changes that field and changes how you feel as a result of that, and the you know, what do we do? We go to the physio and we try and get it sort of, but it's got nothing to do with that. It's got everything to do with the effect of this wind on a nervous system. And more fascinatingly than that is that you think you close the doors and you feel better, but the ions travel through the walls like they don't. They don't stop just because you shut the doors. And so if it's really windy outside, you'll feel it. When it's raining outside, there's a massive charge difference in the ionization and you feel it. You can feel it when it's going to be stormy even though you're inside. So I find this stuff really fat, and I'll go a couple more and then we can start changing about it. Mate.
Speaker 2: You trust me, this is great. Just go.
Speaker 3: We have one lady with rheumatoid arthritis. Now, rhumatoid arthritis is an accumulation, it's an autoimine condition. You accumulate a lot of fluid. It's pain in your joints. It's an interesting, interesting thing, and it comes along with inflammation and a few other things. So if you look at this from an Eastern medicine perspective, it is an excess of humidity. That's what it is. You're accumulating too much fluid. And so one of the treatments. This is our chief medical office. He's just a weapon. He's just he's just such a he's he's our modern day Hippocrates. And I say that without reservation, knowing how big a statement that is. He sent this lady, she lived in a humid, cool, humid environment in Europe. Sent he sent her to holiday in a dry, warm place, which is the opposite of humidity. And what happened. And then he applied her with garlic, which is also very drying from a Chinese medicine perspective as well. Yes, yes, complete resolution of symptoms on holidays for two weeks. She then goes back home and the symptoms come back, and this is it becomes a really interesting conversation around well where should I live, because yes, we spend time in an environment where we just cannot get ahead because we are constantly facing against another. One is some individuals we call them diplomats, diplomatic like an ian thorpe type of structure. They're big, tall, but they're bendy, you know, and they're not hype lean, but they're like glamoizons and tall lumberjacks, is a simple way of describing them. And they require a little bit of humidity. They need a little bit cool humidity because they overheat and when they go out out west in Australia, which is it's very dry out to the west of the East Coast, and that dryness, their body overcompensates and gets really congested like their mucos or layer doesn't deal with it well. They get headaches, they get sinus issues consistently. And some people are living in the bush, just hating life, trying to take clarentine, trying to do all the things. But it's literally they need a humidifier in their house because their body has a particular balance that other bodies be totally fine. With that dry, arid kind of feeling. And if you go to Dubai, you'll see a bucketload of people that are designed for the desert. They're all sure muscular, sinewy bodies. They look dry, and they don't do well overhydrating. In fact, there's some bodies for this reason that they want a drier environment and if they overhydrate, it just rips the electrolytes out of them and it's not so good. Whereas another person they should just be doing nothing but drinking water all day because of the way they regulate fluid. So the the it brings up such an interesting conversation and to the point where in practical reality, I'll notice I've got probably a three or four degree range where I'm really comfortable and I can be in flow. I'll just find some afternoons I'm like, whins work so hard, I'll turn the AC on just for a few moments, all of my energy comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And similarly, if I'm too cold, I'll be like, oh, but as soon as I get a bit warm, I'm back in flow. And this is but what we need to be aware of is how do I feel when it's humid? How do I feel when it's dry. How do I feel when it's windy? How do I feel where and when the ac is blowing on me directly? Like, really, my best version of my environment is airkon on door open, which is the worst thing in the world for the environment. However, I need a little bit of humidity, but I need it to be cooler, so I don't need it. I don't like it to be totally dry. So anyway, so it's there, and then we start getting into cold immersion and saunas and various things like that which are having a very profound physiological strain on us. But what's so interesting is the place that we're living right now. It's this constant background stress that can be driving conditions that we're just trying to be treatd for twenty years, but we've never looked actually how the physical environment and climate is influencing us and the current of impact that that has.
Speaker 2: Mate that.
Speaker 1: Seriously, it's about the best fifteen minutes we've ever got from you. Whatever you drink in the air, keep drinking that. No, men, you're always good. You're amazing to keep going on that. But I want to mention just a couple of things. So it's so funny when I think about what impacts my mood. I'm just talking specifically to me my mood and my cognitive function, how well I can articulate, think, you know, express right, do that stuff? Read a paper, you know how exciting they are actually remember what's in the paper, And just how I feel. I need to be in an environment that i'm really or I operate better obviously as most people do, in an environment that's very comfortable for me. And so that is and I've spoken about this many times before, so apologies listeners, but I just created an office that I love being in my upstairs bit of my house.
Speaker 2: I just look out and I've just got.
Speaker 1: A sea of trees. I can't see any of suburbia. I can only see trees. I have this super cushy carpet. I never wear shoes unless I have to put on shoes because I'm going to go to a place. So right now I'm sitting in bare feet. Every time we podcast, I don't even wear shoes in the house. I take them off at the door and I never put them on. Yeah sure and me both, bro. So you know it's like we just showed our bare feet to each other, like to old dick heads.
Speaker 2: But anyway, forgive us.
Speaker 1: And yeah, if I'm in this environment and I've got ac above my head and sometimes I turn that on for five minutes and I feel ten cents smarter five minutes later, I'm a bit like you. Yeah, it's just knowing how your body works in a particular environment, and.
Speaker 2: Like, what is the environment that you need.
Speaker 1: To construct for you to be somewhere close to optimal? And that could be Like I coached a lady. I don't coach anymore. But she hated shouldn't hate work, She just she hated sitting in basically large cubicle.
Speaker 2: It wasn't an office, it wasn't a tiny cubicle.
Speaker 1: And apart from a few other things, we just figured out that if she just surrounded herself with plants, which she did, yeah, she was so much happier, so much happier, Yes, you know, and so she had. I never went there, but she showed me a far I don't know. She must have had twenty plants in her office or her space, like every bit that she could fill. And she almost wanted me to tell her boss that she's not crazy and that it was actually good for her productivity and focus and energy, happiness, and yeah, just that and that was the only change that relative to that issue that we made.
Speaker 2: And yeah, life got better just for that.
Speaker 3: Yep. I've got mates that they've got a barren bedroom at home and then they go to their girlfriend's place and there's plants all through the bedroom and they sleep an hour more deep sleep. They just get so much more quality out of it. There's another example of a CEO that I was coaching. He would literally carry his potted plant from room to room to have it next to him because he just realized how great it is to have a little bit of foliage no matter where he is. Yes, the Yeah, it's so fascinating the impact. And what's interesting is that for some people it's plants, and then for another person it is I just need the place to be organized so that I know where everything is. Other people need it, And so that's one type of person. Another type person is I need it to look visually amazing, but I'm going to get bored of it in three weeks and I'm going to change it. Yeah, And then you'll see people that are constantly rotating their furniture and doing different things that they look and feel all of the time. Then you'll have other individuals where it does not matter what is going on around them, as long as they've got a square of space for their laptop and good Wi Fi and things work efficiently. It's not even about what it looks like. It's that it's functional. My space is is efficient, and my digital space is efficient, then I'm fine. We had another individual with really significant I think I've shared this before on the party bit. I'll share it again because it's super relevant. One individual, she was the highest depression an Diety score I've ever seen ever on the DAS twenty one on day one of our program with their company. All we did because we realized that she's a total introvert, Like we measured a total introvert, very sensitive to bright lights. Some people are more light sensitive, so it actually is overwhelming to have lights. Very sensitive to air conditioning and cold, very sensitive to noise. Essentially what we call them a sensor and their nervous system is just dialed up to a thousand and they are constantly just analyzing what's going on. If there's too much is too much, so what would happen? She'd be sitting in this environment, all of these environmental factors, bright lights, lots of noise, air conditioning coming at her. She would get overwhelmed. She then wouldn't be able to do her work properly. She would then start spiraling down into negativity about I just can't get out of this hole. Day two, we put her in a room by herself because there was a spare office and no one was using it. We said, look, she would really benefit from going into the private room. You should probably put her in there. She walks into the private room, controls the temperature in there, dims the lights. Her scores went to death twenty one Like she was probably like a seventeen or eighteen points she had. She went down to a zero by end of week one. And what it showed is it had nothing to do with her mental function. It had everything to do with how overwhelmed her system was by all of the sensory input from the environment. And it's wow, it's just yeah, it's so underrated. But again, the roots go back to Eastern medicine five thousand years ago. You know, this isn't new stuff, but it's it's got a great application.
Speaker 1: Now, that's amazing that desk gyal everyone past twenty one looks at depression and anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what that is.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I've just acquired, come across connected with, I don't know what the term is, a Chinese doctor, and dude, I love him so much. Like this is going to sound strange, but I'm just being honest. I met him and one minute in I went, I trust you, and I don't trust people. Quickly I'm like, I trust you. And then I had to put all my you know, clinical western eve fucking whatever, alleged academic, logical, allegedly brain just park it for.
Speaker 2: A moment, and then you know, I sit down.
Speaker 1: He looks at me, He looks in my eyes, looks at my tongue, takes my pulse, and then he proceeds to tell me all this stuff about me, which was just spot on right. And I saw him the other day and I'm seeing him tomorrow and I said, I'm just like, I had a few symptoms.
Speaker 2: I won't say what.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, so I've had this thing where I think I've got a virus or an infection or something that I'm coming out of but really affects cognitive function, focus, energy, like all of it, and he goes.
Speaker 2: Are you thirsty? I go, yeah, like stupid thirsty.
Speaker 1: And it's not diabetes and it's not prostrates, not all that I've had that done. And he goes, and when you drink, are you still thirsty after you drink?
Speaker 2: And I go, yes, you know, he just asked.
Speaker 1: Me this stuff where he knew the answer, but there was no signs, right, there was, and then he then I go, ah, fuck it.
Speaker 2: Then I just lie down and.
Speaker 1: He puts these all these you know, bottle things on me and lights the thing and sticks one million fucking needles in me and then gives me these little looks.
Speaker 2: Like rabbit poo to take. And I do not.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to understand, Like I'm just like cool, and I just go, I've been a few times now, and I just I look forward to going. And you know, my experience and medical Western doctors are great, but I like going somewhere where if I'm there for forty minutes or an hour and twenty minutes, he doesn't care. Yeah, there's no hurry, yes, right, he's got like there's just no fucking hurry, and he's you know, and he clearly he charges, but what he charges as fuck all. Firstly, he's got a PhD from Melbourne UNI. Secondly, he's an actual doctor of Chinese Medicine CHAT trained in China, so he's yeah, his knowledge is broad, but he just has this energy. I'm like, dude, I could just come and fucking sit next to you for the morning. I think I'd be better. Do you know what I'm saying? You know when you know and it's not like, ah, of course he's calm and all of that, but some people, I think for me anyways, some people are therapeutic just to be around them or calming, and some.
Speaker 2: People are the opposite.
Speaker 1: So I think proximity to people and how those people affect you definitely plays a role in the mental and emotional and physical health.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And I'm sure, I mean, I was going to drag this one out, but you said something in the last three years has been done for seventy years. I think we've spoken about it before. The heart rate or the Heart Math Institute work where they've looked at the electromagnetic's coming off your heart and how that actually creates a resonance and an impact on the other parts around you. All of those types of things. There's a direct translation for that. And if someone's holding a very very very strong state of gratitude and essentially matching that of the Earth's magnetic rhythm, it's so easy to feel at ease around them because it's just like comforted by Mother Earth. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I dig him anyway, I'm saying him tomorrow shout out to doctor Paul.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure his actual name is that, but that's what he goes by, so bless his little sucks.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I've got one more thing to add.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Well I've got still on the same topic. But do you do you do you bro?
Speaker 3: Now you go, No, let's go the same topic.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget that, don't forget that.
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's the ton I just wanted the magnetics. That's what will come back to.
Speaker 2: Oh well, fuck, it could even be what I'm going to bring up.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: It's not full moon?
Speaker 3: Is it seventeenth? Is full moon?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, I was just going to say, you're going to talk about like I remember, like so many times I've had experiences where people that I know, clients or friends or whatever, respectfully kind of lost their shit. You know, there's just been something going on and the reaction seems completely kind of out of whack with the events.
Speaker 2: And you know, we're talking.
Speaker 1: About how your environment or the things around you affect you. Any thoughts on or insight into or experience with people responding to full moons.
Speaker 3: I hang out with a crew that is very pro all of that, and then you listen to anybody else talk about it, and it's it's it's considered all who is So I guess I know people that use the full moon ceremonially to release a whole lot of things and to do that, And you know, do I have really good tangible evidence to say this unequivocally exists? No? Does it have any negative impact to believe it absolute? Not? If you feel like today I can actually release a whole lot of baggage that I wouldn't have been able to other days, that's a great belief to have. So yeah, no, I don't have anything super tangible. However, you know, there is a very strong electromagnetic force that's coming from the Moon, and we know that the soul of flares have a significant impact on our experience on Earth as well. So it's a very very interesting topic, and I'm not the person to speak to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to share one little anecdote, which everybody, this is an anecdote, this is a story, This is not science.
Speaker 2: So I did a gig a few years ago for.
Speaker 1: A a special needs school, so kids with you know, mental and physical disabilities, but most of the kids were intellectually impaired.
Speaker 2: To some level. And I was doing.
Speaker 1: An all day gig with the staff before the term started. And I got there early and I met the principal, who's love and she just give me a tour, and I said, what are the kids like? You know, tell me about the kids, and she was kind of describing, you know, their challenges and where we're at. And I like, and are they like they is like, is it real hard or are they you know?
Speaker 2: Is it I'm sure you love them all, but is it easy? Is it hard?
Speaker 1: She goes, it's mostly pretty good, you know, It's like you know, day to day there's stuff, but mostly it's good except for full moons, of course, Like this is literally what And I go, oh, oh, go on, tell me more, of course, yes, of course, And she's like, oh, well, I can't say exactly what she said, but she wasn't disparaging, but she you know, she intimated that old things go things go awry for about twenty four hours, like twenty four thirty six hours, and I go, hang on, hang on really like, oh, she goes absolutely like the kids, not all the kids, but a lot of the kids really change and their behavior changes and their state changes.
Speaker 2: And I go, do the other teachers think that she goes?
Speaker 3: They know that?
Speaker 2: Like she was talking to me like, how do you not know this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, oh, that is so interesting.
Speaker 1: So because that was such a profound thing for my head to hear, I didn't forget it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know tell us your.
Speaker 1: Last Well, I think you're going to talk to us about another example or story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is it's speaking to it's sort of an extension of everything that we're talking about, so like humidity and climate and where you live and all of the various environmental elements they're essentially changing the well, it's different frequency inputs into your body that change its state. And so our chief medical officer again, and I'll just share some stuff that's coming out because he's doing some stuff with the Canadian government with autism, and what he's finding is that autistic kids have a lack of delta. And he's seen in the other literature published that that's not the case, that they've got too much delta. But then when he's been doing this with his very objective measurements, he's been seeing that they have a lack of delta. Delta is a wavelength that happens in deep sleep, so you've got beta, alpha, theeder delta, So delta is deep wave sleep. THEAA is sort of embodied movement when you're just dancing and not thinking about it. Would be a way to think about it just before you go to sleep as well. Alpha is gratitude and peace and meditation. Beata wave is thinking and productivity, and then gamma is insight and inspiration and that comes in short, fast bursts of gamma. So delta is the deep one. Delta is what you need for brain recovery, and he noticed that they have a lack of delta, so he started putting in He's been working with some of the leading quantum physicists and they've put together an AI and biofeedback that puts specific electromagnetics into a mat that people lie on. It's not his product. He's just been designing some of the frequency stuff around it. He has taken kids with autism from nonverbal individual words only and not walking to stringing entire sentences together and singing while walking eight weeks later, and it's literally lying on their back restoring. They're putting it into a very low hurtz of electromagnetic gradients, sort of zero point five to four, which is the range for delta, and then bluxeing with a bit of biofeedback that comes from the mat as well. All they're doing is changing the electromagnetic gradient that's going through this mat. They start seeing more delta, greater brain recovery because their sleep is actually more effectual now. And this he's seen infants being brought back from death in Africa. Normally they just leave them to die. He put it on the mat, it was alive the next morning. He's been regrowing cardiac tissue like He's just been doing the most insane things with very directed electromagnetic inputs. So it's it's highly specific, but it just speaks to the power of our entire environment, like the sun is electromagnetic. The moon is electromagnetic, all our everybody around you is electromagnetic. Your WiFi is electromagnet. All of these things are influencing us in different ways, and they can. It's the utility like this is the future of medicine is essentially operating with this quantum space. It's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 1: Why did you have to wheel that out at the end. I feel like that would have been a good starting point.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can put it so it looks like it's from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is. That is bloody incredible. Ask that guy if he wants to have.
Speaker 1: A chat one day, I will I can, Yeah, I mean, that'd be probably not smart enough to interview him, So maybe you need to interview him with me.
Speaker 3: We've got I could probably send you some of his stuff. It's he's got. We've probably done maybe one hundred and twenty hours. It's part of our professional development. And he will speak on any topic and he will just track from what happened three thousand years ago, and then what happened when Pythagoras came up with these principles, and then what was this guy in the eighteen hundreds doing, and oh, that's now contributed to Oh we do this basic little thing in modern medicine. But yeah, he's just he's just brilliant. He knows everything about everything.
Speaker 2: How old is this guy, he's fifty.
Speaker 3: Man photo photographic memory, remembers every blood of every patient that he's had, just reads a paper ingests it and it's just there and he just brings it back on demand. Like he's just he is an absolute freak.
Speaker 2: Is he a medical doctor or a PhD?
Speaker 3: He is medical and then trained in Chinese medicine, and then he's just he essentially just goes around to a number of different things, Like there's a number of large university hospitals in Italy where he lives, and he just goes around and does like takes all the cases that other people can't do. And then he'll and then he goes off just lecturing and he's coding, coding his brain.
Speaker 1: That guy should be world renowned. I mean it probably is. He probably is in a space, but he should be. I mean, he sounds like two hundred years from now people are going to be talking about that dude.
Speaker 3: That's That's one of the things that motivates me is to get his brain out there and that's he's not scalable without tech. And this is like our whole job has been to essentially couch couch this knowledge base, but do it in a systematic way. It's evidence based that can be accessed by anyone. That's essentially our whole organization's purpose. Wow, one would.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: It's always great to chat to you. I appreciate you. Tell people where.
Speaker 2: They can find you and learn a little bit about your work.
Speaker 1: And your offerings so they can hit you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, thank you. Probably the best thing to do is just google Shay group, Shae group, and then doctor cam McDonald just put that in Google. And then for health professionals, we've got courses using the leading medical AI tech that sort of incorporates everything that we've been talking about today and a whole lot more. And then corporate well being programs. We support kids in schools we learned three sixty. We support gyms with the same insights as well, so getting better outcomes for your members. And then just a general user app that anyone can pick up and get the best in lifestyle medicine and what's best for them. So all of the stuff that we spoke about today is actually written into the app maybe except for that electromagnete stuff right at the end, But all the environmental stuff is right there for you, so just go there and get stuck in. We've got a whole ecosystem and we're trying to eliminate disease and pain by twenty fifty. That's our goal.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's a good goal. That's a good goal.
Speaker 1: Hey mate, I will say goodbye our fair but for now, thanks for coming to play again.
Speaker 3: Thanks as appreciate it.