Speaker 1: Welcome to Pears number one podcast. You're listening to the Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: You're on the way that dance Bra little Man Trip with before is celebrat Gooday, guys, and welcome back to the Jamo and Dylan Show. Today is Oh it's Jammo. It is Jamo. Have you been saying for years? Yeah, he gets that all. Yeah, it's James.
Speaker 1: Isn't that your name?
Speaker 2: No, it's not Jamison, yeah, but Jamison. But it's Jameson to me and to my parents as well, obviously, because I guess Jamison is the whisky with an E.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, he's got the yeah. But that's also pronounced Jamison. As far as I know, all the Jamisons I've ever encountered have been Jamison's. I've never met. Maybe it's an Australian thing. There's Actually it's like those American parents who want to give their daughters a unique name, so they call them like, you know, Sarah, but they spell it with like a there's like a y in it, yeah stuff, or like Jimmy.
Speaker 3: I feel like it is Jameson in Australia. I don't know if I've met a Jamison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually a unique. You're not the only jameson now.
Speaker 2: There's some others, but like, it's not the most common name. No, I've actually met a girl called Jamison as well.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, at least you can go by Jamie. I guess, pretty rough name for a girl. Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Like for me, my nickname's Jamo, and I got that through playing sport.
Speaker 3: It's very Australian.
Speaker 2: But when I grew up, my mum and dad called me Jammy and I didn't really like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't hit the same.
Speaker 1: Well, my parents used to call me Rufie. There you go?
Speaker 3: Did they when I was a kid?
Speaker 1: I guess so, but I didn't get it at the time. I wasn't in on it. And then the first person who wasn't my parents to call me that was my year seven music teacher. I think he thought it was hilarious. None of us still, none of us got it. But yeah, he was Australian actually, and he would just call me Rufie. Good blow. Yeah, I guess so. I mean I wasn't really hanging out with him on a sort of fraternal basis yea, yeah, yeah, but it's probably good on a night out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Actually tell us about your your schooling, my schooling school like in the UK, tell us about high school.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I didn't go to high school in the UK. Oh really, I was in Singapore then it was only sort of kiddie school prep school. Yeah, yeah, yeah, was in the UK, which the school I went to was. Actually when they were scouting locations to film Harry Potter, they asked to film it at our school because it does look like that, and they said no because it was religious. This was the nineties and they were still worried about witchcraft, so we don't want any of that sort of necromancing around here. So they said no, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It was only thirty years ago and witchcraft was still well, I mean in a lot of countries now it's still is believed to be real.
Speaker 1: The bishop looks like a fossil. He's got some old fashioned beliefs, that guy. And it then twenty years before that, in the seventies or maybe the eighties, there was a bit of sort of kidy fiddling, okay that happened there at the school. At the school, yeah yeah, yeah, But I'm not aware there's been any sense none reporting.
Speaker 3: We've had a bit of that at our high school.
Speaker 1: Actually, so pe teachers at yes.
Speaker 3: A pe teacher, a math teacher, and the priest.
Speaker 2: But that was alleged that the priest ended up killing himself when the alligations came out.
Speaker 1: I reckon that's a strong sort of sign that involved.
Speaker 2: He could have gotten away with it if he didn't do that, if he didn't kill himself.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then the pe teacher, he just had a very unfortunate set of events in his life. You know, we got to school in year seven and he's the he's the p he this is what happens, right, So this guy, you get to year seven and he's your pee teacher. You know, he's your stereotypical he's he's ripped. He's very intense, like pe teacher. Okay, as time goes on, he got in a he got hit by a car while riding a bike, right, sucked his back.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: As I went to the same school as Dylan, Yeah, and I didn't have much to do.
Speaker 3: I had him for like three times, right, so I never saw him in the same light he got then. I just know him as put on a lot of weight, right, put on heaps of weight. Then he's I don't know if this is but this room I've heard and I feel like it's true. His wife left him, right, so in this time his wife left him, he's put on.
Speaker 1: All this you got to fill the void with something exactly, and then.
Speaker 3: He filled the void with a Year twelve was the any meta parents and everything. That's what the news articles saying.
Speaker 1: Year twelve. See that in this country that would be legal. Obviously you can't. It's not legal to sort of nonce on kids at your school, yes, because that's a duty of care thing. But if it was someone outside of the school age sixteen, that would be legally okay. I mean, in the court of public opinion, you're still a stinky nonce and nobody's going to associate with you over again. But in the eyes of the Lord, that's actually okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because in Australia, year twelve you're seventeen turning eighteen, so some people will be eighteen, but I'm pretty sure you're twelfth.
Speaker 1: The final year. Yeah yeh, yeah, okay, year thirteen. Year.
Speaker 3: How old are you in your thirteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? School?
Speaker 3: Oh but it's just an yeah okay, yeah, Well this school one to seven one to six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gets a bit disjointed whether you went to a private school or a public or a state school, because state school only has primary then secondary education, and some people go to college which is like an alternative to the final two years of school for slightly sort of stupider kids to do more vocational stuff like tafe, Whereas I went to prep school, which is where you have the prep school, the pre prep which is for you really young kids, the prep school, and then the senior school. And I don't know, the school I went to was up to thirteen years old, and then there was the senior school up to eighteen. Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar, similar, Yeah, back onto the Nazi teacher. He was in a relationship with this girl.
Speaker 3: Yes, proper one. Yeah, parents and all.
Speaker 1: I think they went out for like over a year. Yeah, with the student, if anything, I'm less concerned now you think it's more of like I feel like a genuine connection has been developed here is he's not for just fulfilling sort of pedophilic desires. He's just genuinely cracked on with someone, you know, he sees a future with. There's there's something, there's something weirdly wholesome about it.
Speaker 2: If they're still together, Yeah, I wonder that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had the other teacher, the math who did get convicted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was he's However, now the pe teacher who were just talking about there was also strong allegations that he was they were doing rock climbing. Yeah, so I believe this girl was on year nine at the time. So this is remember taking about you.
Speaker 1: Gotta worry about rock climbers because there's ample opportunities to kind of like, I'm just helping you, helping you up the wall. So it helped up the wall and then also tried to look up wasn't heard that you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yes, an interesting place.
Speaker 1: You can't get unfortunately caught in awkward positions doing that. But yes, yes, not trying to defend him. I still think he's a pedo. Yeah. On the on the low pedo tier list, you've got people like sort of Jimmy Saville who did it sort of professionally, actually set up a charity to mask a children's charity to mask his own behavior and then did it serially and professionally and remained undiscovered for forty years. That sort of s t here pedo action. And then you got pared down in sort of this is amateur behavior. Yeah, I mean, this is honestly it's the guy you said, I'm impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy who said the super villain mat that's that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: No one found out until after he died. One of the biggest celebrities in the UK. Really, do you guys know about Jimmy Savil.
Speaker 3: I've heard of him, but like I don't know the fools.
Speaker 1: He was a children's TV presenter in a time where there was like one channel on TV, so everyone watched his show. Who's one of the biggest celebrities. He was, you know, knighted for services to charity after after you know, doing so much for underprivileged and ill children and you said it was a children's charity too. Yeah yeah, yeah, So he would literally like he'd set up charities, hospitals for sick kids and he'd been touching up the kids on the ward.
Speaker 3: And it came out after he died.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And did he die like an old man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Twenty ten. Yeah, that's crazy. He died an old man. And if you look if you look back at documentaries that are made about his his life and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Sorry it's already interrupted, rufus, but Dylan's almost broke the chair.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we finished this story, we'll talk about the airbnb because it's been absolutely fucked. So yeah, Jimmy Savil pedophile dead now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big cover up a lot of top executives at the BBCNU and it was a scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's insane, not good anyway to be our fucked airbnby. So we've had some issues here, haven't we deal. We arrived a couple of days ago. What is it Sunday? We arrived on Friday afternoon. Now we a nice area, beautiful area. Els Court's been lovely walking through this neighborhood. I've felt very safe.
Speaker 1: You know. There hasn't been any issue. Oh yeah, it's not a dodgy clamps on wheels? What is that like? Car wheels? Are they hair? Yeah? I haven't noticed.
Speaker 2: It's strange we walked down the road before this morning and there was maybe let's say, there's ten.
Speaker 1: Unpaid tickets and stuff. Yeah right, I mean if you're just trying to launder money, it's not really a problem. No, like that.
Speaker 3: It was steering the steering wheel, Yeah, it's like it seems like it's a protection thing.
Speaker 1: For the clamps their steering wheel. So no, get I don't know what does it look like? It's yellow yellow?
Speaker 3: One of them's like sort of maybe goes.
Speaker 1: The straight yellow thing. Yeah, yeah, it's that clamp. Well what else could it be? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never seen this before. I have to have a look later this afternoon and take a photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, scouted out.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this airbnb has been horrible. It's to be fair, it's not too bad. Like you said as you walked in, it's a bunko.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm tricked into a base. See, we don't get this in Australia. You guys don't do basement we don't do below ground housing.
Speaker 2: So this was a bit of a shock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And obviously, like when you arrived Rufus, you walked to the black door that said thirty on it and it looked quite nice, and.
Speaker 3: That's where we were standing there.
Speaker 1: It's a useful row of terrifs houses.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then we're just a bit below it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Dylan arrived first. So deal's been traveling Europe and I only arrived a couple of days ago. So he got here first, and then he messaged me and said, oh, it's like really nice, bro. But he was just saying that because what was the reason.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to Because you'd just flown twenty twenty five hours, right, so obviously I didn't want to tell you about all the little faults that you were about to encounter before you got here. Yeah, I want it to be nice, you know what was I to find out?
Speaker 2: So the first negative was we walked in the house. Deal tried to set up his phone with the internet, and the internet's not working.
Speaker 1: Shout out Virgin, shout out reachhard bransaid. And there's dirty money grubbing cans. It's how he can afford to build rockets.
Speaker 3: See like, it just looks flimsy, and I guess it is, yes, and apparently getting fixed tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well I'm yet to believe it because nothing has been done to fix it.
Speaker 3: Furniture is a bit hit and miss.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I actually fell through the bed the other night. There were no nefarious activities happening. I literally just sat down and.
Speaker 1: A jestic wang. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, no involving there his bathrooms A little bit of a home job as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 2: And also the master bathroom, which is supposed to be you know, the best way. Yeah, it has some like chipped tiles and a small bit of tile lodged into the bottom of my foot on my fast was like a.
Speaker 3: Garage or something that was renovated. But they did it themselves and it's decent.
Speaker 2: But and like when you're looking at it here in the camera, it looks fine, like it seems like we're just being pricks. But yeah, I sat down on the couch and it cracked underneath me and like I'm not like the biggest guy.
Speaker 1: And it was reminiscent of my first year bed at UNI. Yes, at least which week three of the year. I was involved in some physical activities, yes, and.
Speaker 3: Then with the shades on or not as we was there and after thing I.
Speaker 1: Put I put sunglasses on. After sex, yeah, I was involved in a bit of rough and tumble in the sheets with you know, a girl I never saw again, and that's the way of the beast. But afterwards it was just a big sort of in the middle of a particularly sort of vivacious thrust, there was a big just praying and I'm basically lying in that bed for the rest of the year. I just felt like a hot dog wrapped on it. It just bent in the middle like that. And for some reason, I never bothered to get it fixed.
Speaker 3: That was just you were set for the year.
Speaker 1: It was just it was just like that for the rest of the year. And then the shades on after you have sex. This is something you do regularly.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the first time you popped the shades on.
Speaker 1: I think it was a gradual thing, you know, like if you were to have a bit of heroin. Yeah, And I didn't really know what it feels like because I haven't not already done any much heroin. But if you just yeah, I feel like it would be a bit Moorish, you know what I mean. So, like, I discovered sort of sunglasses after years of not wearing them once and I was like wow. But originally I was just using them for intended use in the sun, and then I realized, wow, there's really nothing against so you can wear sunglasses anywhere. And I decided to wear them indoors and that's just a gateway drug to wearing them at all times, which I don't know. Yeah, people assume you're a cock if you do that, but there's just something about it. There's something about feel mysterious. Well I feel that right now? Yeah, sense it? Right? Yeah? And that just progressed into basically, at all times when it wouldn't be inconvenient to wear them, I want to have them on. So and there's nothing like the one two punch of you know, a big climax and then sort of off the back of that whacking on the shades, feeling like, you know, the number one badest motherfucker number one.
Speaker 3: Is it received well generally or no?
Speaker 1: Mixed opinions? Well, I don't know why girls think that's weird. Do you guys have any insight on that, because.
Speaker 3: To me, well, I've never done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let's say you guys have girlfriends, right yeah, yeah, yeah, Let's say just finished a sort of sweaty session with the misses and then she whacks those on. How are you feeling inferior? But I would be like, oh, yeah, hell what I feel?
Speaker 2: Actually now I kind of want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I'll give it a go. We'll try it later, yeah, and let you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a girl do it? Has she ever matched the energy and gone?
Speaker 1: Fuck? Yeah? Yeah? So a bit of a fling with a foreigner. Once what nation? Actually, what continent? Are you going to get? All the countries and the well, I just want to know what continent Europe? She was European? Okay, okay, it doesn't help theomen. We can guess all of them if you want. Was she Spanish? Norwegian?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Italian? Is this the right areas and more obscure? You've guessed all over Europe? She's Scandinavian? Yes, yes, yeah, and yeah I would, I would whack them on after that. And she was the first girl I've sort of ever found who was okay with that, and it sort of opened my eyes. Wow, there are really girls for me out there, you know.
Speaker 3: And he's still seeing this girl in any way.
Speaker 1: No, no, she absoletely broke my heart and got away from How did the break up up? And if you don't mind us asking, it wasn't a proper breakup. It was more of a realization on my part that I wasn't going to get what I wanted out of the relationship, if we're being truthfully, really really honest. So you know, it was ended via sort of phone call. She is not as invested in it as I was. You know, I fell deeply in love. I had a history of majorly falling in love between first and second dates. I don't know if I was just you know, I was just young and you know, sort of carefree.
Speaker 3: And you always thought they were the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had definitely had that feeling like three or four times before I grew up and faced the real world for the first time. And this was one of those occasions. I realized, you know, I was absolutely love with her, realized she wasn't quite as invested as I was anyway, and then, you know, I was absolutely miserable for a few days. And then my dad said let's go to the pub, and then after that I felt a whole lot better all of a sudden. Yeah, maybe I felt like maybe I didn't care as much as I thought I did, because we honestly, we went the pub. We had a couple of pints, pack of peanuts, and I know, he just chatted some sense. And then I saw my mates and I was like, you know what, There's there's more to life than this. It was honestly a beautiful story.
Speaker 3: You'll follow this year in any way. Do you know what she's doing with it?
Speaker 1: A life? What's going on. I'm not the sort of person who would ever text their X again. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there are people, you know, some people have only again off again relationships and getting out. There's no way I could ever do that because then I'm just admissing that I was wrong.
Speaker 3: That's the worst Thinglet cartlet that you're going again.
Speaker 1: It's That's the thing I don't believe in, is getting back with your ex. It's like right person, wrong time. I don't believe in that either, because I think if they're really the right person, there isn't a wrong time and they're just fundamentally whereas some people like you know, I just wasn't really you know, I wasn't in that place, you know, like I'm not in the well if they were the right person, you would be in the fucking place. Yes. So yeah, one of those one of those things. But now I'm I'm, you know, slightly more realistic when it comes to dating and I try not to fall massively in love.
Speaker 3: And as you're telling us, you have a list, yeah of dos and don'ts or is it just.
Speaker 1: Don't it's a criteria list. Yeah, basically some pointers that sort of outline the sort of girl, I'm looking for to remind me as well. These are some things that you know are pretty much required I think for us to you know, get along for the rest of my life. Are these actually in your notes? Yeah? Here it is.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, that's a long list.
Speaker 1: There's a few things on it. Yeah. Well, anytime I think of something, you gets added, so it just builds up over time from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Man, And how would you describe the list if it was like if you had a title for the.
Speaker 1: List requirements for a girlfriend by rufus Rice. I love it. Yeah, cool, let's go first one. And this was on the back off the back of that sort of situationship doesn't have mental health problems, It's number one, okay, just because you know I'm not a mental health denier. Yes, you know, but I am emotionally unequipped to deal with that. Yeah, which is fair enough. Which, like, it's fine if you've got you know, if you've got anxiety, you got to pression, you know you have it, but I can't help you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're saying you don't have the skill set to accommodate that in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's like, no, I can't say it is not obsessed, It says with Taylor Swift here, but I really mean with anything, Okay, like anyone who's a fan of that something to that extent, like it's going to come between us.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair Swift.
Speaker 1: These are a great example because they're obviously very mental. I feel like a lot of Swifties would skip our wedding to go to a constant.
Speaker 3: No, I'd no doubt at all if there are three concert tickets on the line, that wedding's off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But even if you're you know, even if she's like, you know, sort of really nerdy and she always wants me to dress up as Darth Vader in the bedroom and like something that keeps coming up and I can't get rid of, Like, you know, it's one of those things going to take it all. I don't have an obsessive personality really, Yeah, I'm not really that into anything. Yeah. So yeah, next one doesn't smoke weed as a habit like some people that's their main hobby. Yep. Yeah, and all their friends are also.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be in that environment of every day having.
Speaker 1: To well, I could never date a drug addict. And it also says on this list it's not vapor smoke. But I I think my main I don't like have any moral sort of problems with it.
Speaker 3: It's just you don't want that to be the default action in your life.
Speaker 1: I'm just worried about getting into it myself. Yeah, Like if I started dating a meth head someday, like I'm going to have I'm going to come back absolutely knacking and she's like, do you want a bit of meth? It will really sort you out now, And I'm going to go get give me a bit better than a coffee, isn't it. Yeah. I've heard very productive on myth like, yeah, the difference between that and other drugs is it doesn't you can actually work whilst on it, oh yeah, whereas heroin obviously you're pretty knocked out, so it'd be hard to sort of do emails, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've worked with a few myth heads in the past, probably right, Yeah, great workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, productive work.
Speaker 3: Motivated, Yeah, and they're working for something then they're always Yeah.
Speaker 1: That must be crazy, like coming home after break, laying for eight hours and then just having some meth.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I think it keeps them motivated at least they have a goal.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're ultimate employee. Yeah, because they're chasing the money.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Next one atheist and this ties into the next one, which doesn't believe in astrology or crystals. Just get all that stuff out of here, man, I can't. A lot of girls are really into that sort of yeah. Yeah, and I just can't. I can't sit there and listen to it. I will get I will get upset, and I will think less of you as a person if you're into that, because it's objectively and very provably, verifiably just false. So Jamo is giving me a smile like your girlfriend's into that? No she's not. Actually okay, good, you give me like a knowing smile like this a lot. No, I just like I just know people who are. Yeah, and it would that would drill down into my skull. Next one doesn't keep her phone on full brightness at all times. Yeah, no, it creeps me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah No, I'm very adjusted quite often.
Speaker 1: Yeah customers, frequent adjuster. Yep.
Speaker 2: So like, for example, in bed at night, it has to be somewhat low because I don't want to hurt my eyes.
Speaker 1: I've got nightmode true tone and then a third of brightness. So this is really so you've got it. I don't trust people who keep their phone on full brightness all the time, and.
Speaker 2: I think it drains the battery as well a little bit more quicker as well.
Speaker 1: Probably, I just don't think there's I don't think there's any need for that. That's not a wise allocation of resources. And you're you're clearly like, you're so lazy you can't even adjust the brightness, so you've decided to permanently damage your own rest. Now that's one thing my girlfriend does. Girls it's girls love doing this for some reason. Another phone based one is you know the nails that girls have, they go tap tap. I can't that noise for something?
Speaker 3: You don't like the noise of it? No, no, no, are you intolerant to like? Do you find noises annoy you a lot?
Speaker 1: In general?
Speaker 3: Those sort of I don't know.
Speaker 1: The builders like that. The fucking builders annoyed me a lot. But yeah, not like that bad. But you know, crying baby in an enclosed space really just gets to you. We've had a few of.
Speaker 3: Those, and I just I don't understand why. I get there. Probably is necessary reasons to travel with your children on a plane and if you have to, you have to. But it's just infuriating and I don't get like I've been on the plane. Luckily in Europe they're all short flights, but still, like, I don't get how the baby can cry for an hour and a half so much like it sounds like it's dying, Like has it not been tired out? Did the parents not have any solutions here? I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bit like I got with this girl. She was like dog sitting yep, yep. And I don't like dogs. I do not like pets at all. I think that this is my most unpopular opinion. But I regularly I have to get out of the way on first dates because a lot of people it's a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: I used to be like that. I used to not like pets at all. I'm moved towards more of the middle as I've gotten a bit older. I don't mind that take to me.
Speaker 1: I think that's for bad people, because a dog is Pets in general are just dumb, right, They don't operate like humans. They will still love you even if you're a ship person, because they don't know otherwise. Yeah, yeah, just because they're like, this guy gives me food, so I like him. Yeah, yeah, and I don't. I have no need my I have a loving family, so I have no need for any additional sort of unconditional love in my life. So I wouldn't be getting much from the dog. And what I'm doing is sort of allowing an extremely unhygienic animal into my house. I have to spend a lot of money and a lot of time, so much admin on that sort of thing. It's quite annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very logical way of thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe like brutally logic, geological. Yeah, it just it just doesn't work for me. Like this girl had this dog, right and the whole time that you know, I'm taking that one way train to Poundtown. Yeah, this thing is just scratching at the door, like going like little sort of sad, sad little Oh.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel like you're doing something wrong in that.
Speaker 1: And like now it's her dog, so obviously she's going to feel bad that I'm not going there. It's really hard to focus on the rhythm here.
Speaker 3: Mood killer, isn't it a.
Speaker 1: Serious vibe killer? I just had to sort of style it out like power through Do you know that sort of thing?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, when you when you brought it up, I actually thought that you were going to say that it was like I sort of sketching the feed or something, or I was going.
Speaker 1: To like looking in your balls or something like that. So we allowed it back in afterwards, and it started like properly getting into my boxers. Yeah, it was like it was it was sniffing around there, licking that sort of like my boxes were a bit wet. Yeah, after it grabbed them off the floor and was just like like that, I'm not sure what what the dog's into. I know they like sniffing each other's sort of bits like that. I guess you're trying to bond with me. What is that about, though, Like do we know the act that's a bonding thing? Is it scientific reasons? Yeah, So they smell each other's balls as a kind of sort of as a social norm. It's sort of like shaking hands. It was interesting if you're getting the measure of someone. Imagine if we brought.
Speaker 2: That into our society as humans sniff everyone's ass and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not toad against it. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, there's obviously exceptions as well, Like you wouldn't want to sniff everyone's ass.
Speaker 1: Would you? Well? I, well, actually, yeah, you're right, because if I had to sniff everyone's ass, like on average, I'm not getting enough out of that. No, No, Like, there are some really people you would really love to sniff their ass. But I'm thinking if there's a lineup of one hundred people, if the builders are around, m yeah's interact with them a lot recently. Oh okay, why is this? Well, just having work done on the house. But if I had to sniff all of their asses every single time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite though? One of the favorite builders that you might Edward? Where's he from?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Actually he's definitely ethnic for sure, hence the name. Yes, how do you.
Speaker 2: Reckon he would smell and I'm not talking armpits, I'm talking asshole. Do you reckon it all smells the same? Or are there different variations of.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's definitely variations. Ye, Mine differs day to day. Next one skis well enough that I won't have to wait for them at the bottom of runs a big see.
Speaker 3: I've never skied or snow Yeah, but I guess we don't really something that's.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, So my top three feelings in life sex third, skiing is number two, and then performing live is number one. Those are the three best feelings. But yeah, it's it's it's like not even close. If I think if I could keep like perfect skiing conditions, like perfect ski morning or unreal shag, I'm taking skiing every time.
Speaker 3: Is it that good skiing not snowboarding?
Speaker 1: Or do you mean bu skiing? Okay, well, it runs in the family. So if my parents' business, that's what they do, they sell skiing holidays. We've gone a lot. I'm a qualified instructor. It's a big part of it. Where's a good spot In terms of terrain, Canada is unbelievable. The best snow in the world is in Japan. So dry, there's a lot, there's so much of it. But they have tiny little mountains, right, not big enough for you. Well, I mean you can ski them, but okay, it's not dangerous, it's not month blancing. And then the Alps are just like the ideal place to go for a holiday from here because they're so close. They're nice, nice, huge mountains and everywhere it's got it's got its own sort of ideal ideal conditions. But the good thing about the Alps is they are populated by schalet girls, which is like basically, I'm trying to describe one sum it up here, like the ideal shalet girl. You know. They're well off, mildly rah girls with prep pres a mange subscriptions, and their dad has a range rover and they go to x t Uni, probably going to get a two to one in English, and then on holiday maybe they'll do a gap here, you know, working for a family in a chalet, and then they go to Follow Deuce. Have you guys heard about Follow Deuce. It's a chain of basically on mountain bars slash turn into sort of clubby things, but they're on the slope, so you go up there. It opens at two o'clock. There you've got. It's the highest number of sort of objective people who are objectively wankers find anywhere, just like absolutely massive tories spraying sort of champagne everywhere with no regard for the cost of living, crisis whatsoever. That doesn't exist out there. It's all smoke, salmon and champagne. And then yeah, I listen to some pounding techno, drop a bit of game on some some hot blondes and ski down with them afterwards. Is the lifestyle that was after a wonderful morning of skiing. So that's my perfect day there. Yeah, I just summed up for you. But yeah, she's got to be able to ski, because I'm not. We're going to We're inevitably going to be going on a skiing holiday and I'm impatient.
Speaker 3: As a teacher, I was going to say, would you be willing to teach? But you just said you're impatient? So yeah, I mean it could be a natural ability that you know, quicker.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give up my holiday on the bunny slopes, you know, even if she is the love of my life, Like, that's valuable skiing time for me, and as we've established, that's the second best feeling in the world. So yeah, next one goes to the gym but doesn't make it their whole personality. Ye, So how many days a week do you think that? I think it's like I go three times a week, but I don't, like, I'm not trying to get the gains I saw. I saw that little uh did a little he did a quick like his eyes just flicked my guns and back, so he's trying to trying to size up the biceps. I saw that, and you were like, this guy, this guy's lying. He doesn't go and more of a more of a cardio guy in the gym. Next up doesn't have a tattoo. Okay, A lot of people against that one as well. I don't know, I just not for me. There's there's a look, isn't it like a girl. A lot of girls have like little ones, which I think they think makes them stand out, but I think actually makes them look more like everybody else because everyone has those. Uh yeah, Next up, shaves are arm.
Speaker 3: Like that's a mask for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. Will not expect me to pay for everything. I'm happy to pay for stuff, but I don't want to have a transactional relief. And I think that's ok because, like I go on dates with a lot a lot of girls my age is still at university. You know, they're on the student loan and.
Speaker 3: You want so you want it to be a bit more even, Well, I feel bad, I like seventy thirty split.
Speaker 1: No, well, I feel bad making them pay for stuff because I have a job, so I'm actually earning money and they're still like they're on a government loan, you know, and I'm not making you gatur drinks or whatever, but I'm not paying for everything. That's just like being a sugar daddy. Then you don't want that. Then I feel like we haven't got a legitimate sort of relationship. Next one doesn't want to be on my social media because like I've you know, I met a few girls who are too much of a fan, okay, and they like the idea of sort of being with you more than the reality because they think, oh, he's such a funny guy. You know, he's probably all the time. We're going to have like a crazy life. We're going to be doing all this sort of stuff. And I'm literally sitting at home watching Antiques Roadshow for like seven hours whilst desperately trying to come up with more song ideas, and like that's the reality of that's the reality of what I'm doing. This sucks will get her cheps out on European beaches. I just think it's fun. Yeah, and you've got to be up for a bit of fun. That's being adventurous. I think, yeah, that and like there's there's no feeling like going to European beach and being like wow, just well it's common. Yeah, yeah, it is common, and it's it makes or breaks the holiday sort of. You know, the quality of tissage. You'll see none in the UK. In it is more of an older person thing, so like it's mostly grannies in the UK. No, no, no, in Europe, like it's an older generation thing, so those people who used to be MILFs are now sort of getting a bit past their prime. Whereas like if you went on to a French beach twenty years ago, like that would be absolutely world class. We cycled in Austria, took a bit of a wrong turning in Vienna and cycled through a nudist camp, which is like so many more new people than you imagine, like imagine a lot of new people, likere than twice as many as that, and the amount of cops. I just look dead in the eye, like old man Willy, like droopy, floppy limp unimpressive. Oh yeah, yeah. I don't feel like there's any hot nudists or a dying breed, but you will see them the case.
Speaker 3: It's an older person thing. Even I've been in Barcelona for a fair bit before and at their main beach, there is a little section where it is just all the old people, but they're fully naked, and they'll even go to the showers and just shower there after the like fully naked, and it's just it's very interesting. Yeah, very confident people.
Speaker 1: I guess so, or like you know, they're stuck in the past. I don't know, well, or maybe you know, I feel like once you get to that age, you've had such a lot of life experience, you've really just sort of done everything. So maybe just to get your clothes off at a normal beach, you know, just a bit of a thrill. Yeah, it's it's like there's a great quote from someone that I can't remember, but like, marriages would last a lot longer if if there were everyone had a few more holes, just because you know, it gets tedious, it gets tiring. You've got to sort of spice it up. And if some if if every girl had like sort of a second ass, maybe that's another sort of five years of fun. We'll never know, right, We'll never know, but you yeah knows what the shangan area is. Okay, this is like a barometer for sort of intelligence, and it became a running joke in our family that I wouldn't date anyone who didn't know what the Shangan area was. Well, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's like the visas for us.
Speaker 1: It's it's not the UK, it's not the UK. It's the area of mainland Europe where there's no border control, so you can just walk from one country to another. It's about twenty two countries.
Speaker 3: We can do like three months there. Yeah, then we have to leave, but we can come here next six months.
Speaker 1: But if she doesn't know what that is, that's a bit of a turn off. So yeah, there we go. Those are Those are the highlights. There's alviously there's other stuff like no surgery, no fake tan. Have you ever found anyone that's close to this? Yeah, there's loads. They all live in the same place though, which is West London, right, Yeah, so there's a whole genre, there's a whole genre of girls.
Speaker 3: Is in West London?
Speaker 2: Is this West London?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like they're not far from here, Okay, I mean this is more of a sort of family area, but there are places where young people, young people live, you know, South and West London, and that's why you know, I'm looking for property in those areas. Yeah, so so hopefully sort of line out. Yeah. I have to say I went to Stockholm a couple of months ago, and there are a lot of girls sort of fitting this profile. Obviously I didn't sort of get to the bottom there, psyche, but it looks looks wise they were fitting the bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's so we're looking at Sweden and West London. Are the scouting networks set.
Speaker 1: Up at the moment. I know that sound that sounds a bit sort of air and I'm trying it's not. I promise here that there was nothing ethnic about any of that. Yeah. Yeah, they just happened to be there. It just yeah, yeah, it happened to fit your looks description too, well, there was I didn't well, you know, I like fate blonde. We've got a lot of them, and you know they wear white air forces and jeans and nor Phase puffers and I like that. And they've got nothing better in your own generational wealth and I'd like some of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, myself, we're talking about this is a bit of a shit segue, but we're talking about the high that you can get from certain things a bit earlier, and we're talking about you know, a bit of a bit of heroin, right, Yeah, you know that might be awesome, but there are repercussions that come with it. So my question to you is, if there were no repercussions to do any illicit substance, what would you want to do? So, for example, you can do heroin, you can have the high, and then once the high is done, you're feeling one hundred percent again and there's no health issues.
Speaker 1: Do you know about crocodile?
Speaker 2: I think I have heard about it, but I don't have it out about this now.
Speaker 1: Crocodile is basically a lot of people in Russia can't forward heroin, so it's a cheaper formulation Russian street heroin. That's and it's called crocodile crocodile because crocodile is Russian for crocodile. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, just in case you guys needed that translation. And the reason it is called that is because it makes your skin scaly, so like it makes your skin dry up and sort of look like it's a reptile, and then over time it eats away at your flesh and you die of sort of like sepsis or gangreen or something. And they can't get enough of it and how good must it be for that to be the consequence and people still do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you see you're flesh rotting and you go, I want to know what's going on there, and like I wasn't expecting that. But yeah, also also Genkam as well. Definitely love a bit of jenk which is a Zimbabwean street drug. You can actually make it yourself at home with one hundred percent legal ingredients. That's actually that's it's actually so uncommon as a drug that it's not in any laws here, so I don't think it would be considered illegal. But how you make it is you ship and piss into a bottle and then you put a balloon over the top to keep the fumes in, and then you.
Speaker 1: Essentially sort of allow it to allow allow it to sit there for a while, and it's sort of what's the word, you know, it's sort of slowly, Yeah, it sort of slowly develops like a nice sort of you leave, you know, you leave some dough to prove and then you can bake it into bread.
Speaker 3: It's just like that, like a beef like beer in a way you leave it for wine.
Speaker 1: Ferment is exactly the bottle of wine. There you go. It's literally a fermentation process. That's what the piss does to the pooh, fermentation of feces. Yeah, and then basically the bottle fills up with fumes and then after a month or so, so you probably want to leave it, you know, in a cupboard and just that you don't need to use very often, and then you huff the fumes for a high.
Speaker 2: I might skip that one, yeah, saying that's not at the top of my list.
Speaker 1: How good must it be if they're literally smelling people.
Speaker 3: I think I'd much rather just smoke crack out of a pipe than that that one. To be fair, like, the process seems like it takes some time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's a labor of love for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you would need like obviously, the first one takes some time to be ready. After that you'd have a steady batch. Yeah, keeping you're still gotta wait that first month, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like TikTok a revenue, Like the first time.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. The first time, you're like, you can't wait that thirty days for the payment. You're counting down the days, and then you realize, oh, this is going to happen every thirty days now. This is crazy. Yeah, something I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: We're actually talking about this before you came with this, And it was Theeovon had Tommy leave from the Motley Crew on his podcast and you listen to this. I listened to the first bit, just run rufous through what happened.
Speaker 3: Just well, obviously you know Tommy Lee's from a rock band in the eighties when no cameras, no phones, and they were just trying to outdo each other, who could be the craziest, right, And he said, when they knew that they had a problem, when all four of them decided of the band members to go to rehab separately, but at the same time, was when they ran out a heroin and they thought, well, this is fuck, like, what are we going to shoot now? Bottle of Jack Daniels. So they shoot the Jack Daniels. Yeah, and he said, he said, after that started happening for a little bit, they thought maybe we do have a problem.
Speaker 1: It's funny it took like did that level they had to do all the heroin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they've done all the heroin, all the cocaine, everything, and they're shooting alcohol and they've gone Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, so there literally wasn't any heroin that in the area anywhere. I'm sure they could have access to all that. You know what annumber one drugs for kids is mister beasts merch right now, that's what they spend all their money on. Well yeah, right, And he had a problem with his merch because he'd bought every black T shirt available in the in the States, so he had to stop making merch. It's just like Tommy Lee had to stop doing heroin because he didn't have any Like he had to stop making merch because there wasn't any any T shirts the same ballfield, isn't it. Yeah? People crazy? What music do you listen to? I'm a musical snob, Like I'm a connoiseur. I think that my music taste means I'm smarter than other people. You know that. Yeah, I'm an insufferable person. Really by trying you would.
Speaker 3: Get along with wrong Triple J. That's the equivalent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rocknetta the guy who will get onto that. But basically, yeah, he listens to this one radio station in Australia only very and then it's a.
Speaker 3: Very particular station for Are you a snob in a way, like you like artists that no one else knows new up and coming?
Speaker 2: Is that or is it classical?
Speaker 1: No? I just I just mean, like I think I know what real music is. Yeah, yeah, and other people have no authority on that. It's like the thing that I have in my in my head. So to you what is real music? Like we can we can divide artists into categories, like someone like Ed Sheeran. If you listen to his music, that sounds like it's been focus grouped, Like they played a song and then they asked everyone, do you like this? And they're trying to get as many people to put their hands up as possible, Like it doesn't sound like a real sort of artistic expression from a real person.
Speaker 2: What about Ed Sheeran before all the fame and when he was coming up, because I feel like that was a bit different.
Speaker 1: Well there was a lot you know that was a bit different because he sort of what he did I think to make true art. And we're getting serious now. I know this is supposed to be a funny podcast, but I do have genuine points. To make art, what you need to do is either perfect something or innovate it and that's real art. So so like what Ed Sheeran did was innovate there, Yeah, because he brought you know, the white boy acoustic guitar to some hip hop elements in the beginning, and you know, he made the song, so he was an innovator there. But now he doesn't innovate anything. He makes music that sounds like loads of music we've already heard, so it's not art anymore. It's like Taylor Swift. I would argue that her music actually is art, even though I don't like it, because she's perfected, you know, she's she makes these sort of songs, which, in that type of song is per perfection.
Speaker 3: But do you think they're also catering towards a focus group?
Speaker 1: It's the same sort of No, Honestly, I honestly don't think she is. I just think she has like massively wise pedapeal. Like I think if you were catering towards a focus group, you wouldn't put out the album she just put out because I think it's fundamentally quite like self servicing and all about her. So it's it's not really like that. But I was just like Maroon five, like, don't make real music, but you know, and it's not really about how popular you are either. It's just sort of about are you actively sort of developing music as an art form or are you not.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's a shame that there are a lot of people who they might have perfected what they're good at or what they like, but they'll never get the exposure that some of the other people do, or do you think it always comes like creame risers to the top.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a brilliant system. So I went to music college, and I met plenty of extremely talented and enthusiastic people who are all about it, who will unfortunately never get discovered because that's the luck of the draw a secretly, Oh I'm not so secret anymore, but I just want to be a rock star, you know, And I wanted to be a rock star that back then. That's why I wanted to get to music college. And what I sort of realized is artists, in general, arty people are not good at social media or promotion because that's not that their skill set really, you know, so and obviously that's you can't get discovered in the romantic way, the old way, where you know, you'd be playing in a pub and then a bunch of record executives would just be sitting there back when there was like twenty bands. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They artists still think that that's going to happen, yeah, which obviously it isn't because artists are just discovered through an algorithm now which sees are you getting a few players and then they will just software will just pick you up, and then people latch onto you like that, so they'll they'll never get anywhere, and they are extremely talented and there's a lot of luck involved. It's different from comedy, where I think you have to be like the people who are genuinely the most funny and the most talented rights to the top in comedy because it's you know, I think it's a much better system, whereas music's a bit more subjective. Definitely, What are some of the genres you listen to? Like? Is your music palette quite wide, so, like you listen to a lot of different Yeah, but there's a lot of music that I will absolutely not listen to, such as like I don't like jazz, like any of it, and I don't like metal any of it. I don't like punk, I don't like reggae. I don't like scar, I don't like R and B soul or funk, and I just and I don't know why, but it's just not just not doesn't speak to me. And I don't like experimental music. Experimental music can get fucked. I get that you're, you know, trying to get out there and do something different. It's like you read those old lists of like top ten albums of the eighties, but they tried to be artie and they picked some weird indie shit. Yeah, and it's like, objectively, I guess you've advanced the medium forward. So I guess by my own logic it probably is arts. But that doesn't mean it's great to listen to. Yeah. Yeah, So experimental music can get fucked. I hate all that stuff, you know, just trying to be trying to be weird, like BYORP songs and you're like sort of getting into one and then she starts like screaming for two minutes. Yeah. Yeah, just make normal music that people can enjoy doing. Well, what was the music that you enjoyed playing? Yeah, I was so. Fortunately, my early childhood was spent in the two thousands, which was like it was basically the golden age of sort of white boy alternative rock, which you know, Coldplay, Keen Snow, Patrol, Kings of Leon, You're coming off the back, Oasis is still kicking around. So that was the music I was raised on, A big fan of the Beatles. We had all the CDs in the car, so all of that. And that's still like the music that I consider the best, which it's a very basic, but I'll defend it to the end of time. Now I'm a big Lana Delray guy. Yeah, she's very She's my number one artist by far. Now I can't get enough of it. I don't know what it is. And I know this sounds a bit obsessive. Oh yeah, I mean Lana del Rey is. Yeah, I'm obsessed with it. Yeah, not to that extent though, Yes, I wouldn't miss my wedding to go to go to Lanta concert. Maybe not I think about it. Maybe not I think about it. But I know her music is sort of fraudulent, and I know she's an industry plant or she was like that, Like she's not. She's the image she paints in her music of like being a sort of free spirited, like all American kind of girl. Is I think it's sort of manufactured, but I but I eat it up. Yeah. It's like Taylor Swift acting like she's relatable, yeah, and yet being the most important person in the whole world, He's directly responsible for the most individual pollution, etc.
Speaker 3: But every girl for some reason, I think she's relatable. Yeah, Yeah, she's done. They've done great at portraying that image for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Lana del Ray is like the opposite. She's like, I'm not relatable. Actually, actually I'm different and I'm a star And I like that sort of narrative more. I like that now.
Speaker 2: I like Lana del Rey too, not to the same extent. Her music is cool and it is innovative in a way. I think the way that her music sounds is very particular to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, another other artists, you know make music like that now, which I think is an indicator that you've done something right, is you originated something. It's like Kanye who is probably the most innovative artists of a generation. There's no way you can deny that the music he's made is not just art, and like a way, it's in Heartbreak, the album that he made basically set the scene for.
Speaker 3: Now Kanye is my guy now we're talking. Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 1: He basically set the stage for all that sort of retro inspired rap that we have basically carried a carried a generation.
Speaker 3: His impact on culture in many ways is unmatched, particularly in the modern way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess you can say, like you can compare him to to other sort of artists, like if you compare him to Drake, Drake has without a doubt, commercially outperformed him and yeah, and carried carried a genre on his back for a decade plus. But I don't think of Drake ass like an artist in the same way.
Speaker 3: I think, No, I completely get where you're coming from. Yet it's just a different yeah, not a different genre.
Speaker 1: And I like both of them, musing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, very true, very true.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into something special. Now, we gave you a small task on the weekend. One of our best friends from back home, Josh Romanena, the Little Weasel. Obviously, a lot of people who listen to our show, they know the narrative around him, they know the facts, and they know what he is, what he's about, and how shit of a friend he can be. Now, obviously rufus on TikTok and Instagram. You release a lot of parody songs about various things. We love these things, and yeah, we asked you if you would be down to write something up for our Flognetter, our rog.
Speaker 1: So shout out to Rogna. I was saying a couple of paragraphs sort of detailing your varios, various sort of war crimes and things, and I've written this parody contribute to you. This, this is Hey they're rog Neta. We wondered what you were going to be, so you just got to sort of imagine the guitar bit's going. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can actually overlay it for the show you perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it will line up perfectly. Yes, now I'll make it work. Get it in your head, the rhythm of hey they're Rognetta. Why do you always dog your mates? You're just a weasel with a pedo tash. I'd cast you in flushed away, you dirty rat. No one likes the Geelong Cats, you massive twat. Oh no, Rognetta, I've been hearing you're worried for the safe Where Gekim you're studying top of the class. Oh, where's my fucking invite to your Granny's gaff beachside. It was easy to decide it would be funny if you got circumcised. You got circumcised. That's incredible. Shout out to you, Roggie.
Speaker 2: He's actually he's a good person at heart.
Speaker 1: He's just a ship friend. Ye Why is he such a bad friend? But I guess, I guess he dogs you a lot.
Speaker 3: Because when he's in unimode, he's locked in.
Speaker 1: Is a new thing for me. I'm aware of sort of sport mode, leisure mode, but for him, UNI mode.
Speaker 2: Is whenever he's studying during the semesters locked he's locked in. He won't have time for his friends. He's just purely focused on the degree he's doing, which is physiotherapy.
Speaker 1: It's even very hard, well he thinks it is.
Speaker 2: He's making it hard. But yeah, so we don't ever get to see him during his unie.
Speaker 3: In the off season. He really comes to life exactly. He's fun with us, he.
Speaker 1: Will come out exactly.
Speaker 2: So he really is a good person who has goals, but he doesn't have time for friends. And we're very like friend oriented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just I just feel like like I went to UNI and like going out. It's one of the major aspects of that. Yeah, so I feel like he's just fundamentally misunderstood what the point of view is. I feel like it's bad. It's bad to drag him sort of study.
Speaker 3: Our unique culture is different, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's one thing. Our unis are mainly just for study. There's no like everyone's going to go out from the Yeah, i'ven't heard Australia because no one moves for UNI really. Yeah, you just go to the one you live at home, fifteen minutes from your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why it's the worst place for one night stand in the world Australia because to be keeping it quiet at the back of the end of the parents guarden. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Question, we've mentioned he loves Nando's. Are you big Nando's going?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's fast overrated because.
Speaker 3: One here Australia is one far better.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that doesn't surprise.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, we're open to trying different variants of things in each country. Yeah, right, and we've enjoyed We've heard a lot of I guess it was biased opinions from our UK listeners on Nando's, right, like portraying it as well.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of British think that Nando's is actually a British company, Yes, because it took off here in terms of like you know, western countries where you would have heard about this stuff, it took off here first, but they don't obviously. It's from South Africa originally, Perry Perry Chicken is from Mozambique sort of thing it's based on. It's got Portuguese roots, et cetera. So it's really not British at all, but we sort of adopted it. Yeah. Yeah, but it's a little bit like you know, our sort of national dish, which is a chicken teak masala, except that's actually British because it was invented here. Like a lot of the curries if you go to a house, a lot of those curries are variants that were invented in England of Indian dishes, so those are actually English. This is even even that, and it's just chicken and chips, let's be real, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it is a lot better in Australia to Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Australia, we were going to ask you if you visited and before that you have been right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my cousins are Australian, so they live in Sydney. My uncle married an Australian woman and then moved out there.
Speaker 3: What do you think of Sydney.
Speaker 1: I've been. It's been repeatedly shat on by sort of the Melbourne massive, you know, the Melbourne Wolf. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of who have sort of come over here and I've met. But I thought it was great. I thought it was a fantastic I really like.
Speaker 3: I think it's elite.
Speaker 1: I think it's just because it's the closest to Britain you can get in Australia. So yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 2: It's more of a beautiful city than Melbourne. We've found that we've been to both. Melbourne was there was a bit more to do for us, and I think we have. We have a few more contacts in Melbourne, so I think that made our experience. Give us the nightmare Airbnb story because we're talking about how this place has been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a romantic getaway.
Speaker 1: I had a romantic guess away that I booked and it was actually it was just in our in our Uni town. But I just didn't want to stay in my like the second year house I had in Uni was just to sort of decrepit run down, rat infested thing. And obviously there's just four boys in there, so we're not keeping it. Yeah, and one of the boys drops out to become a wrapper. How's that going, Well, you haven't heard of him. Like the idea of cleaning in that place was if we pierce on the ship stanes, they'll come off. Yeah, that's cleaning. We just had a big like sort of open bin in our kitchen that wasn't taken out for our front garden was just like sort of it looked like no man's land in the war, just sort of like sort of like scorched earth, just brown stuff. And we were in a nice street with loads of gardens, and we had complaints every single week from the council because we would never source it out and it just sank. Like it was like Dennis Nilsen, who's a serial killer, like he used to like he used to wash the bones down the drain stuff so his house would just stink.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a bit like that is a famous English British serial killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, famously he was washing washing bones down the drain and then someone discovered like some some leftover some residue of the bones and was like, and may do you get I think he killed like seven or eight people And then they were like, what the fuck is this? And Dennis Neilson, in an Oscar worthy acting performance, just went down and said, yeah, I think that's KFC. I think there's I think there's a chicken bones of a person. He's just mrked. It's like a whole femur. Yeah. Yeah, So that's why I booked us a nice airbb. It wasn't a horror Airbnb. It wasn't like everything was broken. But we tried to cook something there once and the the hob just exploded, which you know, it's an old house. Things happen and it's just a bit bit damp and dark in there. And then that's the also the site of the first and only, probably in my entire life, washing machine role play that I'll ever do. I have to say, not my idea, but I love being in that machine. No, it was suggested by the girl and she was like, I've wanted to do this for a while. I was like, you probably watched too much porn. Yeah yeah, but like I'm not going to say no because I also good. I'm down for it. Yeah, oh you took off a fantasy. Have to say, got to put a sort of cushion down for the knees. Absolute requirement if anyone at home, if you're out there, if you want to do some sort of I'm stuck in the washing machine step bro sort of role play, feel free, but do make sure it's in a comfortable position, because I was just on the kitchen tiles. You know, it's just like barely got five minutes of stroke in me and then I've got to have a stretch. Yeah, yeah, damn.
Speaker 2: Alright, So my final question to you rufus before we get onto Who's Punching? So for those who are listening to the podcast, we're also doing an episode of Who's Punching? Four couples, four beautiful colors. We picked them out a bit earlier, hoping that that will bless bless their days.
Speaker 1: I'm a you know, I've got a particular type, so I'm going to be I'm going to pass harsh judgment on people who don't sort of fed up to my particular standard.
Speaker 2: Not harsh judgment past that's fair enough if they don't tick off half of your list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exact, Feel free exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last question that we like to run with with with all of our guests.
Speaker 1: Is how would you like to be remembered? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we're gone from this like comical podcast where we're talking shit to.
Speaker 3: A few serious moments. So I think he's up through it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the musical segment was quite serious. Yeah. Yeah. I feel like this is going to be serious as well, because my genuine biggest fear is being forgotten after I'm dad. And I don't really know why because some really massive once your dad does it yep, but like most people exist on this planet, make absolutely no impact at all and then just forgotten. I want to matter. I don't know. It's some sort of ego thing I think, but I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet or why I really care. But that was my main That's my main sort of driving motivator behind everything I'm doing. It's like I just don't want to be anonymous. I want to have some impacts and after I'm dead, people can look back and go rufus Rice, you know, he he did something for humanity and do you know what that is yet? Or you're still still working on it. But I feel like if I get some more TikTok. Like the more TikTok likes I get is one step closer to salvation, right as they say. So it's like occasionally I'll get I'll get compared to William Shakespeare, which, like he left a big legacy. I'm hoping to eclipse him. Yeah, I don't. I don't just want to like be on that level. I want to erase him. I want his name to be scrubbed out.
Speaker 3: People all that Willy these days. So it's an interesting it's.
Speaker 1: An interesting beef, isn't it unlikely? He is a knop though? Yeah, And I would like to put him in the well, he's already in the grave.
Speaker 3: Well, his story's done.
Speaker 1: He can't really I'd like to dig him back up and sort of have a word with him again and then whack him back, which I'm not sure he'd probably be just dust at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd say so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've got beef with William Shakespeare. I think his players are massively overrated. Anyone who's ever had to study one at school knows what a humongous Yeah we've wasted time done with beef. Yeah, Yeah, I hate people that go to his shows and think they're sort of you know, high brow and massively educated and like laugh where all the laughs are supposed to be, even though that joke hasn't been funny since like the fifteen twenties. So yeah, William Shakespeare can get fun really, but yeah, so I would like to be remembered as, you know, a renegade, the.
Speaker 3: Guy who eclips William Shakespeare renegade.
Speaker 1: I'd like to be as an iconoclast, you know, a true sort of a true individual, someone who's uniquely contributed to the plight of humanity in the sort of in the art world. Yeah, you know, an artist, if you will, an auto, a taste maker, a change catalyst for change, you know, a paradigm shifter, someone who sort of realigns the collective direction of society. Girls, I like it.
Speaker 3: Individual answer.
Speaker 2: That's probably the best answer we've had in terms of length and depth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of girls say that to me.
Speaker 2: I like, thanks for coming on, rufus Ris, but we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: It's been an absolute pleasure. And can I just say I can't wait to punch some people at.
Speaker 3: The arm I love this.
Speaker 2: Thank you once again, and yeah, we'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Next week. Cheers. Thank you for listening to the Gemo and Dylan Show. Make sure to subscribe to the Boys on YouTube and share the podcast with a mate.