Speaker 1: Flays and gentlemen, please welcome Tom Doo day you hey, happy to be.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, happy to have you. Last time I saw you, our dogs had a play date. You've got a dog called Lenny and I've got a dog called Sid. Now, in terms of size, they couldn't be more different, And so it was your job. You were assigned to tear them apart because Lenny was very aggressive with.
Speaker 3: My little attack dog Sid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did a poor job with that too.
Speaker 3: Got himself tangled up in all the least very well tangled up.
Speaker 5: I thought letting him off lead would be okay, But it turns out Lenny's paws bigger than Sid's entire body. Yeah, yeah, not my best effort, but they become best friends.
Speaker 4: Towards the end, we just had to make sure.
Speaker 5: Lenny was a bit subdued and laying down and not able to trample on her.
Speaker 3: And Lenny's grown again, You say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's become a bit of a weapon. The big fellow's he's getting bigger and bigger. When he stands up on his back legs, he's genuinely six foot. So yeah, it's a bit concerning. I need him slow down. He's going to become a great day.
Speaker 3: And so in football terms, Lenny would be a rouckman.
Speaker 1: Right, just a big burly character.
Speaker 4: And Sid would be an under eights. I was kicker, yeah right.
Speaker 5: In and under mid same like coordination levels too on both of them.
Speaker 4: A Reica, you're big.
Speaker 1: Fellow's just dragging the two k dragon.
Speaker 5: He's a bit behind, but he's also like big goofy, like the brain doesn't work as well with What.
Speaker 3: Are you saying about ruckman mate?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Nothing good rippers, both of them.
Speaker 6: Hey tom Me, good to have you on board again. It's what we've got a nice little history of over now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's growing. The background's grown and big upgrade though this year with you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so true. If they go, I had enough of those two and brought you guys.
Speaker 1: In and on behalf of all of us.
Speaker 5: Sorry about them, Yeah yeah, I mean I've been waiting for that apology.
Speaker 3: Let's not get too carried away. They're still on from six or seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually no, we need to pump them up.
Speaker 6: So what we did learn and we haven't learned over the last couple of years is you're a big tweeter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Twitter. You don't mind it.
Speaker 5: I originally jumped on it just because of American sports. It's just huge over in America, and it just gave me a good insight. And then when I was like younger and didn't have a profile or anything, I used to just like tweet it my favorite analysts and talk NFL with them. And then when I got drafted, it sort of people started following me, and then I was like, oh crap.
Speaker 4: Like I can't can't do what I used to do.
Speaker 5: But and then turn the movies and stuff like that, it's actually not a bad spot to interact with people of the same like mine.
Speaker 2: So you too share a love of NFL and NBA. So I'm just going to draw a line in the sand right now. That's not what this segment is going to be about, week in, week out.
Speaker 6: It feels like it does have the capacity to, at least within this segment, be a little space where we can share our feelings, particularly on an NBA side of things.
Speaker 5: Your team to yeah, no, no team in the NBA. I'm completely neutral. I just go for whoever, whoever, whoever's winninge I can double the bandwagon on or I've got money on either.
Speaker 1: Way, I go for whoever Lebron's playing for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same sort of thing. Yes, classic, I've got.
Speaker 1: To regret this.
Speaker 3: Your NFL team? What's your NFL team?
Speaker 4: Patriots?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay, Patriots even post Brady.
Speaker 6: Yeah wow, yes, that's loyalty still with them.
Speaker 3: Okay. What do you make of the weekend? It was? It was a game of two halves, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: As Mattie Nick said, You know, in the first half, he showed what you can do as the Adelaie Crow's Football club. In the second half, you also showed what you can do as the LA football club.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know you hit the nail on the head. We went in the game really confident. We've had a great preseason, two good preseason games. Boys are really fit, and we thought with the conditions we'd be able to get on top of them. But started really well, and then as the game went along, we just had a few lapses. Our defense dropped off, and then we sort of just thought our offense would take over and winnas the game and we'd score one hundred and fifty and they might score a hundred, but we'd still get the win. And unfortunately, at this level, that's not how it works. And they got the better officers.
Speaker 6: Thought you were going to score one hundred and fifty out of the first half, People start, including your better half, started to just almost book it for you.
Speaker 3: When you're up by thirty points, I reckon first or second quarter.
Speaker 2: He screenshot the live ladder because the Adlai Crows were on top and you had a percentage of four hundred. So he screenshot and then he posted it on Instagram said booking Grand Final tickets. Now that's not no, no, exactly right. We're going to ask you about that bump, don't we, So the McCadam bump. What were your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, at the time, I didn't see it.
Speaker 5: And then move on see that the replays and there's a bit, obviously a bit in the clip, and then move towards the decision. And there's a few things I like to say, but there's an appeal going on tonight, and I don't want to say too much.
Speaker 4: But the main thing we want going forward.
Speaker 5: From the AFL is just clarity on what is and what isn't allowed. And I feel like we've left this round with more confusion rather than clarity in that regard, but yes, it's disappointing because Shane is obviously a big part of our team and not having any three weeks.
Speaker 4: Is going to hurt.
Speaker 6: So we had a conversation yesterday about the bump in general. As a player, are you looking to bump now because it's pretty risky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's basically it's moving towards being completely abolished, really in the way that if you go for the bump and anything happens with that player he drops his knees or he's sliding or something, and it leads to any sort of high contact, you know you're in strife. So I think the af I wanted to move to just just tackle, don't even think about bumping, And that's the way it feels like it's moving. And as a player now there's no real reason to bump, is what it feels like.
Speaker 2: What would you have done without the bump in your day when you were playing because you were filthy you just want to lay blokes out.
Speaker 6: We're playing the reserves. He's based on skill and Shane, how's he going? Because we know from what we know of Shan McCadam, he's a quiet sort of bloke all attention almost in like the entire headlines for the last few days have been on Shane McCadam nationally.
Speaker 1: How's he dealing with it all?
Speaker 4: No, I think he's been pretty good. He was around the club yesterday.
Speaker 5: He obviously went to the tribal hearing and he just sort of sort of sit there and he has to be present but doesn't have to say a whole lot, And that was a different experience for him, and I don't think he enjoyed it particularly, just sit there for two hours listening to him talk about one specific incident. But no, he was pretty up and about around the club in the sense that he always is. He's always smiling and cracking jokes. And I think he's still a bit of hope there that it might get overturned. But he's disappointed to miss the three games, but it's not something he's going to let ruin week or is he in that regard?
Speaker 2: See what happens to Ma and Ha. Yeah, we are so thrilled to have you on board. Thank you so much for coming in this morning.
Speaker 4: Thank y, thank you.
Speaker 1: Tom, very good stuff. You'll do this again.
Speaker 4: Nicest thing Jody's ever said about it.