Speaker 1: Apodjay Production. Welcome to the shep Rises Podcast. I'm Ashley and I'm Siana.
Speaker 2: This podcast is about female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome back to she Rises. Today we're talking about relationships and we're going to be very vulnerable. I think what we talk about today is going to be very relatable for a lot of couples, whether you're in a short term relationship, not short term, but like a new relations new relationship or long term. And it's a little scary to talk about.
Speaker 2: It is, but it's very vulnerable, very open, and just we want to normalize the things that can come up for you in a relationship, whether it's new or long term one, and how it doesn't make you wrong if you do feel things that make you feel a bit ooh when you see them.
Speaker 1: We're all about you're not wronging ourselves for feeling something, and it's okay to feel something It doesn't mean you have to action it, change anything, or fix it. It's just a feeling in a moment and it too shall pass.
Speaker 2: That's right, and being able to acknowledge it talk about it also helps us as females at least dissolve it and squash that thing for good, and then you can move on.
Speaker 1: So before we get into the juiciness, because we both can be talking about our relationships, which we don't do often. What's your share of the week?
Speaker 2: Mine is actually a quote by a guy named Shane Kolner. I believe he talks about conscious love and dating coach basically online, and I've been having this conversation recently about the difference between loving the bad boy versus the guy who is good for your heart.
Speaker 1: Love this conversation and this is about that.
Speaker 2: So it says a woman should not have to lower her standards or settle for a man who doesn't ignite attraction, And yet she may often feel that she is forced to choose between a man who excites her and a man who is committed, ready with the emotional depth and capacity for connection that she actually craves. Still, this external struggle is often reflecting her own internal conflict, and by creating balance within, she can prepare herself to attract a partner who meets all of her deepest needs. I really like this topic because it's something that I've struggled with over the years of choosing somebody who is not good for me versus the person who is actually good for me, and that came from my deepest wounds of insecurities and also worthiness as well. So I love this conversation about not having to settle, acknowledging the part of you who maybe wants the more bad boy kind of guarden yeah, versus you know, you actually being in a relationship with somebody who's ready to give you what you need. I think it's a huge conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is mine is something that I saved off doctor Caroline Leaf's profile. She is a relationship psychologist. I think it's stress languages. So everyone talks about love languages. These are stress languages, the language of survival, not intimacy. We talk a lot about love languages how we connect when things feel safe, but what about when we're not okay? There's a different kind of language that shows up under pressure, built on avoidance, control, shut down, and reaction. Let's explore six patterns we fall into when we're overwhelmed on how to change them. The first one is the fixer, which means I don't feel safe until there's a solution. They rush into action to regain control. You avoid emotional stillness by staying busy, solve problems for certainty, not connection, and what this actually protects is dopamine driven urgency logic takes over to suppress emotional processing. And if you always feel you need to fix it, ask yourself what feels unsafe about just letting it be. Next one the freezer. Everything feels too much, so I shut down. You become emotionally numb, mentally blank. You appear calm, but it's collapse, not peace. You disconnect from others and also from yourself. What this actually protects the bodies freeze response. When the world feels unmanageable, stillness is the safest choice. You're not lazy, You're protecting yourself from too much, and the first step out is noticing that you've gone still. The next one is the fighter. If I push hard enough, I stay in control. You react fast and sharp. You struggle to feel safe without having full control, and your anger hides fear confidence. What this actually protects is hyper arousal mass vulnerability. Anger can feel safer than fear, and conflict feels more secure than silence. Oh that sounds chaotic. You're not too much. Your nervous system is on high alert. You don't have to fight everything to feel safe. Next one, the flear I disappear so I don't have to deal with it, So you escape into business screens or fantasy. You delay all the hard conversations. You're physically present, but emotionally you're not there. Avoidance is self preservation when confrontation feels dangerous and distance feels like safety. Sometimes leaving feels safer than staying, but the moment always waits for your return. And next one, the pleas are if I make everyone happy, maybe you'll be okay. Shape shifts to match the room. You overapologize even when it's not your fault. Ushuln't to others feelings, but tune out of yourself. What this actually protects. Appeasement is protection pleasing others. It's a false sense of safety when authenticity often at once felt dangerous. You're not a reflection of how others feel about you. You get to exist even when someone is upset. The suppressor. There's quite a few here. These are really interesting, the suppressor. If I don't let it out, I'll stay in control. You stay calm by locking it all down. You never cry in front of anyone. You believe strength means silence. What this actually protects? Suppression feels safer than release. When vulnerability is punished or unsafe, composure becomes a survival strategy. It's not weakness to feel the pressure builds, whether you speak it or not. Which one are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What do you think you relate to most?
Speaker 2: The first one, which was straight into action, the fix to gain a sense of control.
Speaker 1: I think I'm in the fixer too.
Speaker 2: Ask me this question. A couple of years ago, I would have related to the pleaser, But now, in this current moment, I feel like I relate the most with the fixer.
Speaker 1: I think I relate to the fixer. And then maybe the freeze.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, can you send me that I love? That?
Speaker 1: Isn't it cool?
Speaker 2: Let's have a deep conversation about that later. Yes, anyway, today's conversation is going to be real, raw and vulnerable about what we are both navigating and currently have been navigating in our both of our relationships. I am in a brand new relationship of about six months. It's very beautiful. He's an incredible man, and I'm just having a great time being a Gemini though being a Gemini and actually is in an eighteen year relationship and has been with Steve for a long time. It's so so beautiful. And we were having this conversation the other day about how as I'm in a new relationship, I am noticing, and I have noticed this over the last six months, the part of me that really wants to run away. I've had good relationships in the past, However, my last relationship was the one that rocked me the most. And if you haven't listened to that episode, I do a full breakdown in a previous episode about that relationship, so you can go have a listen to that. However, I created the most wounds from that relationship since then. I remember telling myself after that, I don't want anybody in my life, like I don't want to bring anybody in. I don't have the time capacity. I'm not open to kind of meeting somebody new and like actually building something sustainable. And then this man comes into my life. Hedday my door, and here I am finding myself in a relationship. And throughout that journey, I've definitely noticed moments where yeah, I want to run away. And it's just this part of me that almost feels the way that I justified in my head I suppose and have over the last six months, is it's just easy to be on my own. Yeah, Like it'll be easy to be on my own. I don't have to consider somebody else. I don't have to worry about what it is that I'm doing and making sure that it's respectful and making sure that I'm honoring this person, which is easy comes easy for me when I'm in a relationship, but sometimes I just want to be selfish. And being in this relationship, there have been times where I've had to really face myself and my patterns, my behaviors and things like that that we talk about that you don't get to see your face when you're not in a relationship. Parts of myself that are still avoidant, parts of myself that are still inconsistent, So myself that still have high highs and low lows and all of these different components to like myself. Also my star sign and also my personal traits. Love the star signs right, because my star sign is a Gemini, and a huge value of mine is freedom and also variety, and they tie into each other and in that freedom, like, I don't like anything that makes me feel like it's clipped my wings or that I'm like being bogged down. So any moment that I feel like that kind of constraint, which I don't, by the way, and it's not him, it's not him, it's perceived constraint or perceived where I can't do something that I want.
Speaker 1: Because he is so supportive and wants you to do all the things and consistently reassures you in that. But it's like sometimes you just want to go home and get stuck into work, but he wants to see you. You're like, oh my god, I have this to do, and now I feel like I have to be with you, and I want to be with.
Speaker 2: Your obligation to then do that. And also take into consideration that you know, if we're both in a hustle season and we don't spend that time together, that creates disconnect. So it's keeping all these things in the forefront. I also want to preface that this relationship is so fucking beautiful, the most healing, beautiful relationship that I probably have ever been in my life. The communication is unlike anything I've ever experienced. He's so considerate, so caring, so kind, so loving, and honestly like has never made me feel like my wings eclipped to by any means. But this little Gemini over here likes to get braddy sometimes and likes to do what I want to do when I want to do, without having to ask anybody to do it.
Speaker 1: Yes. And when Tianna brought this into me, there was a little bit of guilt and shame, and I wanted to reassure her that I think she's human and she's allowed to feel different things. And just because you're in a beautiful relationship, it doesn't mean you don't have your own experiences, feelings. And it's someone that's been with someone for eighteen years. I still have moments like that. I'm a Sagitarian, and our star signs are very similar. But the Sagitarian's number one value is freedom. If anyone tries to tie us down and tell us what to do, restrict us from doing something, it makes us want it more. Yeah, and Steve's knowing that from the start. I am a freedom lover. I love variety. I love just do my thing. And I have two beautiful children and a beautiful husband, and there's still times I don't want to have to rush home to take over the kids. I want to just go out to dinner and go out to dinner and not have to ask. And it's not that I have to like ask, like, oh Dan, can I have to dinner? And it's just out of considerations. Of course, just went out for dinner and didn't tell me, I'd be like, excuse me, you don't help me with bath tonight. It's what you do when you're a married couple and you have children, you have other people to consider. And yes, I decide to have children.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't change for the world. But there is five percent of me sometimes maybe ten, that sometimes wants to just yeah, not rush home, or like even Steve said to me when I came out from Bali, He's like, did you feel like you had enough time over there? Or do you have like to stay longer? And I said fifty to fifty If I'm being honest, I said, yes, I miss you and the kids every single day, and I love you. Guys so much and I was have a jolly all time with my best friend, just worry about what I was going to wear out for dinner. It's fucking fantastic, if I'm being honest. The freedom of being on the back of a bike and not having to be anywhere at any time. This is after the retreat, obviously, it really feels good. And I think it gets to all coexists, and I think so many I'll just speak on behalf of mums. So many mums or people that are married or in relationships sometimes missed the old life of being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without having to consider someone. And we wanted to bring this in here. I'm sure I'm going to cop a shit ton of you're a bad mum and a bad wife, blah blah blah, Sush Karen, But a lot of us feel that it's there's shame there, because shame thrives in secrecy. But I guarantee a lot of mums listen to this like, oh my god, me too. I wish I could just go do that. I didn't have to pick the kids up and do all these things and just be me for a moment.
Speaker 2: And also not normalizing, but also just allowing it to be seen and heard that part of you that does want to run away when things get uncomfortable. Yeah, you know, Like, for an example, we just recently went to Bali, right and you know, we're in a new relationship. It's been about six months or so, and every time I go away, I have to almost like remind myself consciously that I have to stay plugged in and check in with him, so I'm not physically here with him, And like, as we're busy and get more busy and we have more things to focus on, more projects, more responsibilities, sometimes it's like not in the forefront of my mind to check in. And it was something that was slipping in the first time we went away, and then it was a conversation of like, hey, you're not checking in as much like is everything okay? Are we good? That sort of thing. But now, even when we went to Bali the last time, I made a conscious effort to have to stay plugged in. But it's one of those things that sometimes I'm like, oh, this is one of those things where I have to make a conscious effort to stay plugged in. And I also very much choose to be here, but it's like sometimes in those moments, it's like, oh, I want to be like ultimately selfish and just live my life and then come back when I'm ready, which is also the Gemini in me, which can be quite like flighty and off on my own adventure and off on my own journey. But I'll always come back so long as you don't click my wings or make me feel like I'm in a cage. This is actually conversations that I've actually brought up with him, and as just the way that I guess I have been over the years. Don't know if this is related to my star sign or not, or just how I've been that when I feel like I need to make a decision, I go inward and I think about it, and I think about it and I think about it, and then I feel like I have a responsibility to make a decision in this, and then I do it on my own because I feel like I've relied on myself for so many years for so many things that now when I have a partner with me, I forget that I can come in and I can do that with him. And so even when I've had these moments of feeling like I want to run away or quote unquote, you know life could be easier if I were just on my own. It's something I actually bring into him when I'm feeling that, and what's been really healing for me is that he can hold me in it. He literally says that, thank you so much for bringing this into me. As somebody who's been there myself, I totally understand where you're at, and it just it dissolves the shame and the moment I come into Ashulely and I share a little micro a moment of hey, I feel like I want to run away. Things for really hard right now, or things feel really uncomfortable. What I'm seeing in myself is like hard to look at. You also reassure me of like, hey, I feel like that sometimes too. Boom.
Speaker 1: The shame dissolves, not as big as what we make it out to me, that's right.
Speaker 2: And in those moments when I feel like I want to run away, I feel like I want to lean out, or I'm feeling a little bit avoidant, the moment that I bring that into that person, I don't feel as bad. But then when I'm doing it on my own, the shame gets bigger, and then I feel guilty for feeling like a bad partner because I'm like, well, you shouldn't feel like this in a relationship, Like if you feel like this, why you even here. But the reality is like two truths can coexist and you can feel very much like you want to be in something and a part of you still be scared. Because if I'm totally honest with myself, there have been thoughts that have come up for me of like is this too good to be true? And he's just helped me like dissolve all of those wounds and those fears, But it doesn't mean they don't come up. I'm still a human. I still have twenty eight years worth of trauma and like past experiences that have impacted the way that I show in relationships. So I'd be ignorant to think that the part of me that wants to run away isn't going to show up. It's just not making it wrong when.
Speaker 1: It does, definitely, And it's also getting to know what each partner needs, Like just going back to the holiday thing, yeah, because we had different experiences there with Steve. That's right Grant Now, it's like Grant likes to stay really plugged into you as you a Gemini freedom will like you could leave it a day or how many hours and you still feel fine. Steve's like you in that sense, whereas I like to plug in a little bit more so. I had to have that conversation with Steve and he's like, I'm just setting you have your girls. I'm like, you don't have to call me and checking all the time, Like no, no, no, I want you to call me. I want to still feel like you want to, like know how my day's gone. He's like, kid, but I don't want to be like on your back and I don't want to be free and go enjoy your Sagittarian freedom, enjoy I'm like, yes, I want that, but I also want you. It's like communicating and understanding that not taking it personally too. And I think Grant's learning that with you as well, that just because you're not as plugged in his home, you're still there. Yes, you still want to be there, you still love you, You're still nothing's wrong, nothing's wrongs. Easy for a anxious person to make something up. If I'm not plugged in, something must be wrong, or if they don't reply how they normally reply what have I done? Yes, and like you get it avoidant.
Speaker 2: Yes, you get like a little bit of a shorter reply, and then it's like, oh shit, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something's wrong.
Speaker 2: That troup was really good for me because I made it more of a conscious effort to show up and he was super happy with receiving that. So now I know, like that's the amount of effort that actually feels really good for him in a relationship. And it also teaches me and the part of me that can be quite avoidant and dip in and out to stay consistent, yeah, because it's like a relationship is built on consistency, and I definitely have a part of me that can dip in and out based on how I feel, be inconsistent, avoidant part of me Gemini airy fairy want to do whatever the fuck I want to do and have two sides that exists at all points, you know. So it's learning how to navigate all that without making decisions based on those emotions and feelings.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things you want to talk about, just to normalize different emotions and feelings that come off relationship and to not wrong yourself for it, because I don't look Tiana when she comes to me with this and think anything's wrong with it, and even myself when I have those moments where I'm like, I would love to not have to rush home to the kids, like you know, on a Saturday morning, and I could go for a walk in training, and like maybe I want to go for a smoothie too. I want to go home like Tash is footy, which I want to go to. But it's not restriction, that's the wrong word. But sometimes as a mum and as a wife, you are considering everyone else in your dynamic, and like I said, I would not change it. Don't anyone twist my words. It's just sometimes I'd like to feel a little bit more free and not have to rush. And I make a conscious effort because I think as a man, they value freedom too.
Speaker 2: Of course every human does.
Speaker 1: On a Saturday, when I have a couple of hours in the morning and then we tag team, I always say to see before he leaves, take your time, babe. I don't want him to feel like he has to rush back and be home with us again. Like I'm good, I've got the kids, so I been to my walk. I'm good, Like take your time, and I'll say, are going to the gym? Are you walking? Are you're doing both? What is your plans?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So he feels free to go and like do his thing in the morning, fill his cup up, and then come back and w then we have our family time. Conscious do that him, and he's conscious to do that for me now too, because.
Speaker 2: You understand the value of freedom, but it feels like to feel like you don't have that. I never want to create that.
Speaker 1: I don't want my partner to be like, oh, what time are you going to be home? You go for an hour? No, that's not going to.
Speaker 2: Have the guilt that you would feel that and that wouldn't feel nice. And I think as well, part of the reason why we want to talk about this too is to showcase as well to you all that how nice it is to have people who don't judge you for that. Yes, Like I don't look at Ashy and how she feels and go, oh my gosh, you're the worst person ever, bad mom. She doesn't look at me and go, oh my gosh, you should break up with him. You're single, Like, we don't do that to each other because we're human there and this is like the conversation. People think that you can't be a contradiction, like you can't contradict what you're saying or you know, but we are walking contradictions. Literally, we are like all things I personally believe. So it's like when two truths exist, I'm like, yeah, there's space for all of that to be because I'm a multifaceted human, so are you, And why would I want to limit myself to only thinking that I can think and feel one way. I'm like, I don't want to put myself in a box.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? It's not it so way, it's kind of I don't know if it's similar, but you know, people that do meditation and grounding exercise and want to be a gentle parent that all of a sudden doesn't mean that you're never going to raise your voice and you're never going to have a moment where you slip or you're never going to feel angry. Yeah, you can be both.
Speaker 2: The other part of that is like me being a self worth coach saying that I'm never going to feel insecure. Yeah, yeah, I'm never going to get triggered or feel territorial or like, no, I'm a human and I very much feel those things.
Speaker 1: Like we talk about believing in yourself and taking risks and doing big things and all the things. Does that mean that we don't doubt ourselves sometimes absolutely not? Or have fear come up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel terrified of taking action, break something we've never done before.
Speaker 1: No, we're not exempt from that exactly right.
Speaker 2: Normalize that too, because I think it's really easy to look on We will have this conversation until the cars come home, Like it's easy to look at people's lives on social media and assume what you think you are seeing. Yeah, but you are only seeing one quarter of the pie, one quarter of the picture. You see what people want you to see. And most of the time, I feel like we're pretty honest about the things that we go through, especially on the podcast. But to normalize to you, you that, like life is messy. You are a messy human. We are messy. I'm not sitting on my high horse trying to be like I'm fucking perfect all the time. Like I'm a human and this relationship has been testing, Yeah, you know, and I welcome it in yes, because going to help you grow, that's right. I know all the things that have been coming up for me in the last six months are actually what I need to move through in order to be the version of myself who doesn't think, oh wow, this is too good to be true, but actually receives the love and knows that I'm deserving of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How beautiful is that I get to go on that journey even though it's uncomfortable at times.
Speaker 1: Yes, you talk about it as well with shadow work. It's like when people go, oh, I would never lie, or I always consider everyone else and I'm just like not a bitchy person, like I would never be a bit, Just like, yeah you are. Everyone has a capability to be a bitch. Yeah, you have light in your life. Stop lying to yourself. We all have those parts of us that exist inside of us. The more that we shame it, the more it's going to come out in unproductive ways. Right. It's so powerful to let all that it is.
Speaker 2: It just like allows you to come into deeper self acceptance and also.
Speaker 1: Less judgment towards someone else when they experience it. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the more that you stop judging yourself, the more you'll stop judging other people.
Speaker 1: I love that so true, and that is freedom to me. I wish I learned that earlier. I feel like it's only maybe the last two years that I've carried with a shame not learning that earlier, But I wish I learned that earlier, because the judgments you have on other people you have on yourself and vice versa. It's the more love and acceptance you have for yourself just to be all of you, the more you allow everyone else to be all of themselves, and you create nicer relationships because people won't feel your judge energy.
Speaker 2: It's also nice to not feel so judging towards other people or shit, that's not a nice feeling, or to be triggered at their behavior and things like that, because you've looked at that and been like, oh, passionate, I have compassion towards that, so something I once judged, like, you know, women dancing sexy online being in their feminine energy used to absolutely trigger the shit out of me. Couldn't look at it without watching it multiple times. You're like, why is she doing that? Why she dancing that? Why she went? And then I'm over here like, oh, it's because I love attention, and and yes, that's right, And I wish that I could allow myself permission to be able to do that so freely without judging myself for it, worrying about what people would think. So it's a very freeing place to be able to get to. But you've got to be able to sit through the discomfort of being those things in those traits definitely, and it all existings.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, And these are conversations we have at our treats as well, and it's just so awesome. Like a big core reason of why we do what we do is to bring women together to be able to have these deeper conversations, because no one wants to feel like this alone. But you've got to get people that get it and understand and open minded, open and nothing you want to talk about was let's talk about sex, baby. I finct last year was my sexual awakening. I felt so freely. Oh, I was just like horny twenty four sevens. It's the whole year. Loved it the whole year. I just had such a great time, me and Steve. I just felt like it was just a good year for us. And then this year it just hasn't been the same, but been going through a lot, a lot of just stress and navigating different things and growth and kids and both of us having really bad sleep patterns, like really bad, and it just hasn't been our greatest year for that sexual energy. And we've been having discussions about it and how much stress impacts your sex drive. It's like a switch just flicks off when I'm under immense stress. There's too much information, but I sit on the toilet and my sex drive's gone. My body responds to stress. It's wild. And then same with Steve. But and then when we are intimate, it's like, oh my gosh, why do we leave that? You know, we need to do this more often. It just makes you feel so connected. Sexual energy is a life force. It makes you feel energized and happy and lit up. But it's hard, and as a parent, it's very easy to blame the kids, but gosh, it's it's not hard sometimes when you're at work all day and then you come over and your parenting, your kids are fighting, and you're fucking exhausted by the end of the day. Some days I just have nothing left. I have nothing left to give, and he sometimes feels like that too, And then to catch both of you in the mood at the same time can also be really difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one day you're feeling it and then like not or vice versa.
Speaker 1: And then there's two weeks out the month that I feel really good because looting up for my period, don't feel great. And then a couple of days when I'm bleeding, I don't feel great. So it's like cut out maybe ten days in the month for I feel like shit. Yeah, not into it. Yeah, it's just difficult, and I just wanted to bring that up again. And normal is that because I think a lot of married couples and people with kids and running busy businesses, it's exhausting sometimes. And different seasons. Yeah, last year was a great season. This year's been more of a hustle work growth, get through some harder times together, and it's just different.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is my sex season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have switched.
Speaker 2: No, just yeah, But also in saying that, there's an element of that to be true. But then also I'm also in my hustle season two, So my hustle I can relate to what you and Steve have been navigating too, because like the conversations we've been having around you know, doing admin nights on a Monday and working till late, like right before bed at eight o'clock and being on my computer right after that. I don't necessarily feel like having sex or being intimate, but I know I yes, but logically I'm so in my head that I'm not dropped into my feminine energy.
Speaker 1: So it takes more effort energy to drop in.
Speaker 2: More time takes also more time. And when you're working late, trying to go to bed early, trying to wake up early, there's only so much time, you know, because of the chosen.
Speaker 1: If we start being intimate NOWX till nine o'clock, a shout, and I third, I want to be a sleep till ten.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then if it's past nine o'clock, like, don't even ask me.
Speaker 1: I have to get up at four third, I'm gonna be tired.
Speaker 2: And that happened the other day and I was very cranky, you know, And yeah, it's so interesting. That's kind of something that's been coming up as well, is like Grant and I are also in a bit of a hustle season of our own and navigating that without allowing it to go too long before being intimate. Yeah, sometimes it's a bit of a challenge, you know. There was this thing that Jake Woodard said how him and his wife don't go any longer than seventeen hours are being intimate. And I brought that to Grant. I had the conversation with him and talked to him about it and suggested it to him, and then he started accounting when it was longer than seven two hours.
Speaker 1: We're in five days, and he's like, and now now he's mad.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm just kidding. He's not mad, but now he's like starting to notice, yeah, oh okay, times getting on four or five days. Now, okay, we're getting a bit disconnected, and he's starting to consciously be aware of how not being intimate creates that disconnection and you kind of just you end up like walking side by side parallel on the path together as opposed to right next to each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the energy you can feel is different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. So I think that's also something new that we're learning how to navigate while being in new relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's so interesting. Whether it's new or long term, it's same stuff, but just different seasons. That's what I've learned throughout this is we talk about seasons all the time, but you really have to come into a bit of acceptance sometimes that people go through different seasons. Sometimes it's together and separate, And it was Steve at first going through a lot of stress and taking on a lot and learning a lot and growing a lot, And I know it's not rejection, but sometimes I'm like, oh, I make it mean something. And now I'm in a bit of a hustle and a bit more tired and stress and we're both holding a lot. I'm like, oh, I understand now, Like I just don't. I don't feel like at the end of the day when I'm tapped out, last thing I feel like doing is that, Yeah, same thing. You know it's going to be good, and when you do it, you're like, damn, why did we not do that? So every time, but every relationship is going to go through seasons, and I think communication, like Weensteed talk about it all the time. I think that really helps rather than not talking about it and making a story up in your head as to why you're not intimate and just trying to be really understanding and supportive. Like our whole eighteen years that I've been with Steve, there is not once that I felt pressured to have sex. I love that not once has he ever made me feel bad or guilty or pressured me, no matter what I'm going through or where I'm at or where I'm at my cycle. Like, he's just more than understanding. I just respect him so much for that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it never takes it personally, which is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. I feel so safe to be able to receive that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also helped me be understanding when he's or feeling like it, not take it personally or feel rejected or make him feel bad. Maybe I've done a couple of times. I'm like, did I love me? Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting that communication is such a key in all of it. I think even in the times where I'm somebody who fills my cup up both with people and both in my solitude, and I really need that. And I start to notice, like saying, you're telling me this, actually, like you notice it in me. Around my period, I kind of go within, and then solo time Grant notices it as well, Like so if I have a couple of days, I need to continuously do something that's going to be just for myself so I can go within connect with my own energy and then come back to give. That's a way that I like kind of fill out my cup. And in the beginning, like I didn't communicate that with Grant, so he was like, oh, like, what's happening, She's going within kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't communicating cold well hot cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But now like I know how to communicate that. He knows what I need now, so you can kind of preempt things. So he also supports me in that too. But communication is everything.
Speaker 1: It is everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even the times when I felt like I wanted to run away, I've communicated that and it's been so powerful because it's only created more connection, which is really beautiful, more understanding, safety connection, just truth and understanding, and it's just it's pretty cool. Yeah, it's beutiful, we hope, just to make you feel less alone in anything that you might be going through or feeling and thinking in your relationship. And again just a reminder that you can feel something and doesn't have to mean something.
Speaker 1: You don't have to actually on it, you don't have to fix it or make a problem out of it. No, it can just be a feeling and feelings are fleeting, like they can come and go and they pass, and if it's obviously going on for a long period of time, that's a conversation to have for sure. And also just try and be really understanding with your partner and their seasons, just as if you would want them to be understanding of you and your seasons when you go through it, when you go through something hard or you've got a hustle, or you've got deadlines, or you're in your period, or you're grieving someone, or you're stressed about something where you've just had a couple of bad nights sleep, you would want them to be understanding. So you've got to give that as well, absolutely to your partner. So thanks for joining us and here we hope this helped plan and hope you're not feel so alone in your stuff that you might be going through her as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not be soon bye yea yeah,