Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome the late base.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. It's great to have your company.
Speaker 4: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Staurer and Caleb Bond coming up tonight. You'd be aware Donald Trump has been issuing a lot of executive orders this week, but we'll show you one a little later that nobody, I mean nobody was expecting. Plus when we get to the papers, a former army chief says declining national pride is the reason the ADF can't recruit people as soldiers, and in Victoria, rock climbing has been banned because it's a form of colonialism. We'll get to all of that when we look at what's making news tomorrow, but first, the Northern Territory government has ordered that gay pride flags be removed from outside public hospitals. Rainbow flags were taken down from outside the Royal Darwin Hospital on Tuesday, with the government spokesperson saying the flags were not compliant with protocol, which I think makes a lot of sense, particularly when you consider the debate right now about transgender and the treatment of young people with gender dysphoria. Probably doesn't make sense to have a trans flag outside a public hospital. The thing that really got my attention though with this story, and we'll talk about whether or not it's fairer to remove the flags in a second, But the reaction was quite astonishing. Members of Northern Territory Health spoke anonymously to the local paper saying they were shocked and disappointed that the flags had been removed, with one new Northern Territory Health worker saying the flag it's what it symbolizes. We pride ourselves that good inclusive healthcare is for everyone. It's a marker of safety, so staff and patience can feel comfort, as if to say that they weren't already providing top quality care for homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, two spirit gender queer people before the flags were erected, and one staff member actually told the NT time quote, can I continue working or is this no longer.
Speaker 3: A safe space for me?
Speaker 4: The people reported It's true, Liz, numbers of staff members are reconsidering whether or not they should remain a part of Northern Territory Health if the flag is not going to fly.
Speaker 3: But the thing that really got me was the.
Speaker 4: Labor opposition leader who is the former health minister, criticizing the Conservatives for removing the flag, saying what with all the problems we've got in the Northern Territory, this is a priority getting rid of flags, neglecting to mention with all the problems in the Northern Territory under the Labor government, their priority was erecting the flags. This is typically what the progressive left do, isn't it, Caleb. They attack the culture and then the moment we say well, actually we'd like our culture back, they say, oh, you're all about the culture wars. They start it and then they get upset with you when you try and correct it.
Speaker 2: It's a good little trick, isn't it.
Speaker 5: And look, I'd like to say, well you used to be able to say that it works every time it It doesn't work anymore, which is great. It doesn't work anymore because we've got Trump back in the US. Woke is dead in Australia. We're slowly turning all of these things around, right, And the protocol in the Northern Territory is very clear that it is standard that out the front of government buildings you have the Australian flag, the Northern Territory flag and the Aboriginal flag. That's the three flags that the Northern Territory government officially says they should be flying.
Speaker 2: So why were they flying these in the first place.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently it's because it was written down and I'll get this right, because you know, you wouldn't want to mack these things up. The NT government's Gender Equity Action Plan twenty twenty two to twenty twenty five said how great it was to fly these things out the front of hospitals, and so they started doing it, and now you've got these allegations. As you mentioned before, James of staff saying, oh, I don't know whether I can continue to work here because it's safe. One staff member told the NT News that you know the reason they were there and what was so great about it is that it said that it was a safe place for gay and lesbie and transgender and whatever other people to come to.
Speaker 2: And they went on to say, is healthcare not for everyone? Well, yeah it is. Because there's a flag at the front. You might not have noticed it, the Australian flag.
Speaker 5: And would you believe it? All the people and this is crazy. I only learned this today. All the people who live in Australia live under the Australian flag.
Speaker 2: And so when you've got the Australian flag there.
Speaker 5: It's saying this is a hospital where people in Australia can go for healthcare.
Speaker 2: What an extraordinary.
Speaker 5: Incredible, isn't I mean the suggestion that it is somehow exclusive to say that we're not going to fly what is an exclusive flag because it's only for a very small portion of the Australian population is absolutely absurd.
Speaker 6: Let's fly nobody's flag and call it even because I don't get a flag either, so that's true equality.
Speaker 7: Let's no, we get a flag.
Speaker 6: We literally went from being like, oh, now we have these flags that represent these movements to unless this flag is visible, people are not comfortable in their workplaces. Oh is this unsafe for me? I don't want to work here anymore. I thought that we were welcome here and now we're not because you're not flying our flag. No, we're not flying anybody's flag unless it's the Australian flag, which means it applies to everyone. That's fair, but massive kudos to the Health minister in the Northern Territory who could have easily just been browbeaten into being like, yeah, that's what the policy says, so I'll just change the policy and you guys can keep your flags up.
Speaker 7: Nah been the flags? Get them out of here.
Speaker 6: Someone's brought it to my attention. This isn't the policy. Get them out. And I want to see a lot more from Dutton on this because it is literally made me inwardly requiggle that we are giving this man so much credit and sure it's better than nothing for uniting us under one flag and saying, you know what, We're just going to fly the Australian flag. Now he hasn't gone full Trump and issued an edict that at all government buildings you can only fly the Australian flag. That's what he should do next. But come on, like, go harder than that. I love the window dressing. We need window dressing. The symbolism is important, but this is something that we need in place across all government agencies, be it education or health. This should just be the plain rules. Like you said, Caleb, this is a very exclusive flag representing a very small minority. Why do we have to emblaze in it everywhere? It's part of the indoctrination process and the vast majority of Australians say no, thanks, get it out of my face.
Speaker 4: Well we'll talk later about prominent Australians calling for and am inquiring too the way we treat kids with gender disc Laarrior. It's a letter to Albanezi, but Dutton has been c seed in on that and that would be a good thing for him to take up. We often talk on this program about the madness of local councils and we've got a beauty for you tonight. There's a council in Adelaide that is so bad. The culture is so toxic. Every single council member has been told they must do behavioral training.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: All of this began because one council member, Jane Davey, was continually reported for bullying. It got to a point where she was told she would have to sit at Southside Primary School, she would have to sit in council meetings next to the chief executive to make sure behave She behaved, and she was banned from directly commenting, questioning, or requesting anything from another particular council colleague. In fact, she was banned from making any nonverbal communications with this other council member. So an independent law firm was bought in to investigate claims of bullying by Jane Davey, and they found that the bullying was not just confined to one person, but it was rife throughout the entire council. The Burnside Council was full of council members spreading rumors about each other, mocking each other, publicly criticizing each other's work, ethic, and making angry outbursts. The whole council was toxic and so they've all been sent for behavioral training. The report says that independent findings by spark Herlmoyl lawyers found Burnside Council was besieged by a culture of bullies who victimize colleagues who speak up about inappropriate behavior. The lawyers said all Burnside counselors should have additional behavioral training by a senior external expert, including potential consequences for counselors who breach behavioral standards.
Speaker 3: This is the part I loved.
Speaker 4: Counselors will now be forced to have more behavioral training to learn about. This is what our local government members need to learn about values, ethics, leadership skills, and this is my favorite part. They need to learn how to talk to each other. And of course, who do you reckon is paying for these people? To learn to act like adults, Liz, the right players.
Speaker 6: The ratepayers, I mean, I'm sure it's worth every penny, right, we all want cohesive counsels.
Speaker 7: This is hilarious.
Speaker 8: The fact that they referred to that there.
Speaker 6: As potential consequences for counselors who break the code of conduct.
Speaker 8: Well, where are they they've broken.
Speaker 7: The code of contact. Where are the consequences? They clearly are none.
Speaker 6: So why you're holding a workshop to tell them about potential consequences when they've already done the action that you say there are consequences for, But they're not suffering anything other than sitting through a behavioral workshop for crying out loud.
Speaker 7: This is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Go, can I just mention something? I forgot to mention this.
Speaker 4: They had a behavioral workshop and one council member made a colleague cry in the behavioral workshop, So now they've all been said.
Speaker 5: I mean, And that person was Jane Davy, who has been the subject which was apparently her fourth breage.
Speaker 2: And I should note here that I know Jane Davey.
Speaker 5: I haven't spoken to her for the better part of five or six years, but in my dealings with her back in Adelaide, I find it hard to believe that she would do something like this. It doesn't sound like the Jane Davy I know. And the counselor who she allegedly left in tears is the wife of someone I already know. So I'm just declaring all of that stuff there, But just what we're talking about South Australia.
Speaker 2: Before I talk about this, I just want to.
Speaker 5: Note that I think all hospitals should have the South Australian flag flying out the front, because as a South Australian I don't feel included if I go to a hospital here in New South Wales and my flag isn't there.
Speaker 2: I just want to put that on the books.
Speaker 5: But seriously, the idea that counselors need to be taught how to talk to each other and things like values and ethics and leadership skills, I mean, you put your hand up for the job, right you say I'm going to be a counselor.
Speaker 2: I know it's not great pay.
Speaker 5: Most of them have another job to do, unless, of course, you're in Brisbane where they do it how I think it should be done. They have large councils, councilors of full time. They essentially have portfolios. They actually have stuff to do, the genuine politicians instead of these timpot little fiddlers who get around around the councilors all around the country.
Speaker 2: And this is the problem.
Speaker 5: There is such a small gene pool from which these people are drawn. So many of them are just neighborhood busybodies who've got nothing better to do. And they go, oh, well, you know, I've got some ideas about how this should be done, and.
Speaker 2: They put their hand up.
Speaker 5: They get elected on three hundred votes because nobody votes for them, and then they go and lo and behold.
Speaker 2: They don't know how to behave.
Speaker 5: If you can't go to a meeting and behave like an adult, you shouldn't be there in the first place. And I implore you if you are in a state like South Australia where voting is not compulsory in council elections, please start voting because we have to get rid of these people. We are paying for it. You're paying the rates. You don't get any choice in that matter. You had to pay the rates. So for goodness sake, let's get some better quality. While we're talking about councils in Adelaide, only council has done what seems to be the move de jure at the moment, which is to reduce speed limits. You love it when you see these stories, don't you If they could just find a way to make it a little harder to get around our cities.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the councils know how to do it.
Speaker 5: Only road in Adelaide, and those in Adelaide will know what I'm talking about, but those in other parts of the country. Is an arterial road, a major arterial road that goes directly into the city. Thousands and thousands of people drive on it every day to go to work, and they drive back out on it at the end of the day to go home. And so the only councilors had the bright idea to change the speed limit from sixty to fifty because, according to the mayor, they want a gentler pace through the air, nice little village. This is a road people used to get in and out of the city.
Speaker 2: Bagging your gentler pace.
Speaker 5: You don't need to lower the speed limit by ten kilometers just so you can have a quote unquote gentler pace.
Speaker 2: We just want to get.
Speaker 5: To work and we just want to go home, and maybe we'll stop at one of the shops along the way on this road.
Speaker 2: But this is going on all over the shop.
Speaker 5: You look at Melbourne, through Collingwood, Fitzroy, all those suburbs north of Melbourne. Now some of the streets are thirty kilometers an hour. They started at fifty and then they made them forty. Now they've got some of them have gone down to thirty. There are councils all over the country continually are changing their backstreets from fifty to forty.
Speaker 2: That seems to be.
Speaker 5: A standard thing now because apparently it's much safer. And now you've got a council doing it in Adelaide, where an arterial road goes from sixty to fifty. It won't be long before we see this all over the country where councils will say, well, we've got to do it in the name of safety, I've got to do it in the name of cyclists or whatever it is. Sixty will become fifty, and the difference between sixty and fifty is quite literally.
Speaker 2: Ten kilometers an hour.
Speaker 5: And if you're talking about people driving home at the end of the day and they're tired and whatever, you know, one of the biggest killers on the road is fatigue people who are tired, and if you make their trip longer, you make it more likely that they're going to have a crash. It doesn't make any sense. They hate cars and this is why they do it.
Speaker 4: It's only a matter of time before a council decrees that every car must have a person walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn pedestrians the car is coming. I was reading the comments and the Adelaide Advertiser on this story, and people were saying, what speed limits now fifty kilometers an hour. That's faster than we've ever gone on that road because it's so congested with traffic. So they were quite excited, but they made the point, why are they lowering the speed limit? No one gets close to sixty kilometers an hour during the day because the road is so busy, and when you're driving home at three am and there's no traffic and you could do sixty, you're only allowed to do fifty kilometers now. But as you said, Caleb, the Advertiser reported that there are ten side streets that counselor also considering lowering the speed From it's already fifty, they're going to lower it to forty in surrounding the seats.
Speaker 3: So this is a perpetual thing where.
Speaker 4: I mean eventually you'll have to get out and push your car along because that'll be the only way to ensure Psychestrians I.
Speaker 6: Forget you on their way by I see you at work.
Speaker 7: I'll be in twenty minutes earlier. It's getting ridiculous.
Speaker 8: And who's a fan of this? Who living in their councils who are doing this.
Speaker 6: Is like, oh, thank god, bloody O if they're getting my vote next time. Solid decision, newbody to the US. Now where RFK Junior's confirmation hearing, we all know that Trump's given in the gong to head up the DSS.
Speaker 8: This is the Department of Health. This is going to be massive.
Speaker 6: In fact, the MAGA campaign ran parallel with a MAHA campaign, which was make America healthy again.
Speaker 7: That is the edict that has.
Speaker 6: Come from the top, and RFK Junior is the man chosen to carry it out.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, twenty twenty five is wild.
Speaker 6: What we saw in these confirmation hearings is the Democrats turning on a Kennedy Democrat who is being backed by the Republicans.
Speaker 7: The Republicans say, we want clean food.
Speaker 6: All this GMO nonsense, the pesticides, the insecticides, the microplastics, the forever chemicals poisoning our food supply.
Speaker 7: We don't want any of that anymore. And we want safe vaccines.
Speaker 6: Not a high bar, you'd think, not a high bar, But they are losing their minds. Check out Senator Elizabeth Warren taking RFK to task, being like, how do we know you're not going to make money out of this?
Speaker 9: You've said that President Trump asks you to quote clean up corruption and conflicts.
Speaker 2: Sounds great.
Speaker 9: You've said that you will quote slam shut the revolving door between government agencies and the companies they regulate. That also sounds great. So here's an easy question. Will you commit that when you leave this job, you will not accept compensation from a drug company, a medical device company, a hospital system, or a health insurer for at least four years, including as a lobbyist or a board member.
Speaker 1: Can you just rebe the last part of the question, I commit you're not.
Speaker 9: Going to take money from drug companies in any way, shape or who me.
Speaker 2: Yes, you.
Speaker 1: Having to commit to that good, That's what I figured.
Speaker 9: I said, It's an easy question to start with and I think you're right on this.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of them want to give me money.
Speaker 6: By the way, of course, RFK was openly trolling her then, because it's on the public record that in one financial year alone twenty nineteen to twenty twenty, she received over eight hundred thousand dollars from Big Farmer. It's on the public record the only Democrat senator who received more was Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 7: So she's sitting.
Speaker 8: There with egg all over her face.
Speaker 6: The absolute assumption she must have in people's stupidity when she herself has done this four years, pocketing millions all up from big Farmer companies while she represents their interests in Parliament. But she's taking him to task on that because she wouldn't want him to make any.
Speaker 7: Money off it.
Speaker 6: Now you saw that Senator Bernie Sanders took even more money from Big Farmer than Elizabeth Warren one point four million, again, just in one financial year alone. Well, he was all also at the confirmation hearing today taking RFK to task on making money off these onesies.
Speaker 7: Here's a picture of them.
Speaker 6: Now he has taken great umbradge to this because they're made for babies by a company that RFK is affiliated with. He's saying, how can you say that your provacs when a company that you've been affiliated with in the past is selling these onesies and making money off these onesies.
Speaker 8: The exchange that ensued belongs in a zoom.
Speaker 10: Can you tell us now that you will, now that you are pro vaccine, that you're going to have your organization take these products off the market.
Speaker 1: Senator, I have no power over that organization. I'm not you've heard of that. I resigned from the board.
Speaker 10: I was just a few months ago. You founded that. You certainly have power you can make that. How are you supportive of this? I have had nothing to do with you supportive of these onesies?
Speaker 11: I'm supportive of vaccines. Are you supportive of.
Speaker 10: These this clothing which is militantly anti vaccine?
Speaker 1: I am supportive of vaccines.
Speaker 11: Well, I want good science and I want to protect But you will.
Speaker 10: Not tell the organization you founded not to continue by selling that product.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: As the chim God forbid.
Speaker 6: Parents get to make their own calls regarding their own kids. Oh my gosh, mind blowing. They can't stand it. And of course there was the eternal objection to rfk's existence, that being from Senator Tillis saying, are you a conspiracy there's your conspiracy theories, aren't you.
Speaker 7: Here's Irfk's brilliant response.
Speaker 11: And labels applied to me because I said that the vaccines, the COVID vaccine didn't prevent transmission and it wouldn't prevent infaction when the government was telling people Americans that it would, I was saying that because I was looking at the monkeys studies. In May of twenty twenty, I was called a conspira. Now everybody admits it. I was called a conspiracy theorist because I said red dye caused cancer, and now FDA has acknowledged that and bannit. I was called a conspiracy theorist because I said lor I'd lowered IQ as we Jama published a matter of view of eighty seven studies saying that there's a direct inverse correlation between IQ loss.
Speaker 2: All right, so I'm going to assume I can go.
Speaker 1: On for about a week.
Speaker 6: Senator Tillis was like, wait, wait, he's just using my question to make himself sound good, all of which, as you know, what he said is true.
Speaker 7: And he's like, I could go on all week.
Speaker 6: This man has spent a large portion of his life suing these massive corporates, these behemoths for poisoning.
Speaker 7: There's no other way to put it.
Speaker 6: The food supply and other products that we use on an everyday basis, rather in America. I wish we could gloate him and have one here, but it with all he could do to constantly during this confirmation hearing, keep the main thing, the main thing.
Speaker 11: There's no issue that she united more than this chronic health epidemic. There's no such thing as Republican children or Democratic children.
Speaker 1: These are our kids. Sixty six percent of them are damaged.
Speaker 11: I know what a healthy kid looks like because I had so many of them in my family. I didn't know anybody with a food allergy growing up, peanut allergy.
Speaker 1: Why do five of my kids have allergies?
Speaker 11: Why are we seeing these explosions and diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, neurological diseases, depression, all these things that are related to toxic environment. Why can't we just agree with each other? Put differences about so many issues, intractable issues, aside as a we're going to end this.
Speaker 7: We're gonna end this. I love this. This is what is a nation without its health?
Speaker 6: What is any individual on a daily basis? Your health is the most valuable thing to you. These guys have woken up to the fact there is poison. I watched a video of RFK talking about mercury in fish and mercury in the water supplies, and it was like over ten years old, and he had sued the pants of all these companies because he'd figured out the only place in America where the fish weren't riddled with mercury something else you can't get out of your system and it's very bad for you, was Wyoming and there was a whole story around it.
Speaker 7: It's too long to go into.
Speaker 6: But this guy has been doing this for so long he is legitimately passionate about it, and he made the point in these hearings today.
Speaker 7: I don't have to do this.
Speaker 6: I've got a great job, I've got a happy family, I've got a great life. But I genuinely want to see our children and American adults be far more healthier than they are, rather than ingesting these poisons every single day.
Speaker 2: I heard this.
Speaker 5: It was actually in an ad today. I'm not going to provide any extra advertisement.
Speaker 2: To the company. But I thought the saying was great.
Speaker 5: It was if you allow yourself the time for good health, the good health will allow you to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Actually a really.
Speaker 2: Good way of pulling it, isn't it. Yes, you've got to.
Speaker 5: Put a bit of effort into maintaining good health, but if you maintain good health, well, you'll.
Speaker 2: Be able to have a good time because you'll be around to do it right.
Speaker 5: And the novel suggestion there from arifk is that we put politics aside and have a bipartisan agreement here that we're all going to work towards the fact that we would like to live in a healthy world. That sounds pretty straightforward to me. And yet, of course they try to deride him as an anti vaxxer, and he's this, and he's that, and he's a patsy for Trump, how dare And the real issue here is that he's not a Democrat anymore. That's why they hate him so much, is that he comes from a full blown Democrat family. Mean, we know who the Kennedys are, and he's walked away and said, well, no, I'm not part of that anymore. Not because he feels he has left the Democrats, but because he feels that the Democrats has left him, and he said, well, if you don't want my wares, I'll take them elsewhere.
Speaker 2: He's done it.
Speaker 5: Now he's running the Health Department in the United States and they can't stand.
Speaker 6: I think there's more to it than that, though, because when you talk about big Farmer, you are talking about unbelievably powerful players.
Speaker 8: There is no money to be made from healthy people. You know that. I know that.
Speaker 6: Sadly, it's not much different here in Australia. Where do our politicians get fat wods of money? Where do our media companies get fat wads of money? You bet it's your bottom dollar. It's the same as in America. It is from big Farmer, not all of it obviously, but they're big donors, shall we say. And so these vested interests that rear their heads when you've got a guy like this who's been suing them for years already and has just been given power from on high to go nuclear on. These companies that profit billions of dollars every year from not only making you sick because of the stuff that you're consuming, which they're legally allowed to put in their food supply, et cetera, and so on, but also making billions of dollars off the people who then naturally become sick.
Speaker 7: And need all this medical aid.
Speaker 8: It's criminal and he's after them, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If RFK is going to do a good job or not, but I do know this. You wouldn't take health advice from the Democrats. I mean that clip with Elizabeth Warren saying, don't you take money from big farm when she herself has taken huge amounts of the Democrats were the ones where they not who made Rachel Levine the assistant health secretary in the Biden administration on the basis that Rachel Levine was transgendered and therefore well equipped to do the job. So I don't think they should be too critical of rf CASE also.
Speaker 5: Made a demented band president. We shouldn't leave that bit out of it.
Speaker 7: There was that we've got the jewel in the crown.
Speaker 4: Then of course a demented man as president, who they all were absolutely certain was probably fine.
Speaker 3: Nothing's wrong with them.
Speaker 4: But you can trust them on health. I tell you they'll steer you in the right direction. Staying in the United States, Donald Trump has been very busy this week, issuing executive orders addressing all sorts of issues. If only we had a Trump in Australia. Overnight he addressed the issue of anti Semitism, issuing in executive order that those students from foreign nations, non citizens studying at universities in America who participated in pro Palestinian rallies should be deported. He'll have no truck with anybody supporting Hamas, and so he's given university sixty days to work out how they are going to get rid of these protests on their campuses, what they're going to do about it. And as I said, he has repeated that threat that non citizen students participating in those marches will be deported. The other order he issued overnight was that Guantanamo Bay should be expanded to how's dangerous illegal detainees.
Speaker 3: He's Donald Trump talking about that today.
Speaker 12: I'm also signing an executive order to instruct the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security to begin preparing the thirty thousand person migrant facility at guantanam or bable. Some of them are so bad we don't even trust the countries to hold them because we don't want them coming back.
Speaker 4: The difference between what we're experiencing here in Australia, where our politicians come on television every single day and yap, yap, yap, but do nothing, and then in the United States, I've got Donald Trump who has come into office and immediately started making decisions, and not everybody likes them. Some people are highly offended by them, but they are clearly the best thing for the United States. He's unapologetic about it, and he's getting things done that The difference could not be more Start.
Speaker 5: Well, this prison essentially that he wants to set up for illegal immigrants is not when we talk about Ghipmo, we're not talking about the place where they water boarded people. It's in the same general region and they've already got a prison there where they put.
Speaker 2: Other illegals that have been caught at sea, et cetera.
Speaker 5: But we just, I reckon, just don't tell people that bit like, just make them feel like they may actually end up in the real Gitmo where they might be waterboarded, and then you'll be able to solve the illegal migration problem overnight.
Speaker 2: Good on him for doing it.
Speaker 5: I mean it worked for us here when we did Operation Sovereign Borders. We said no one will make land, and anyone who attempts to will be taken elsewhere. That's what he's saying here. It worked for us, no reason it shouldn't work in the United States. And good on him for saying that people who are a actually guests in his country, the United States. If you don't play by our rules, then you're out. If you don't share our values, you're out.
Speaker 2: Good on him. We should be doing this all over the West. It's all good and well.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't kick out someone who is already a citizen of your country, was born, hear, etc.
Speaker 2: We all understand that.
Speaker 5: But if you're in a country on a visa, the same if I went to another foreign country and started slagging off their country over there while I'm on a visa, they have every right to kick me out. I am a guest in that country, and if you don't want to abide by the rules and the values of that country while you're there, then you don't deserve to be there.
Speaker 2: Good on him.
Speaker 6: But say we're talking about peaceful protests, which are the majority of protests. You think that just because they're a visitor they're on a student visa in America, they shouldn't be able to attend a protest.
Speaker 5: Well, all it depends on what the context of the protest is. If you're going along to a context, sorry, if you're going along to a protest where you're waving around flags with things like from the River to the Sea, which is essentially to exterminate a popular from their lands, etc.
Speaker 2: I would say that's against Western values. En sure, you should be kicked out.
Speaker 6: But I would say that most of the people who are attending these rallies, they're not any Semitic. They're not pro har Mass, they're not har Mass fans, they're not terrorist fans. They're simply protesting the deaths of forty seven thousand people, eighteen of them eighteen thousand of them.
Speaker 7: Who were children, and all of which.
Speaker 6: Were completely helpless to save themselves. That's what has gotten under these people's skin. That's what the vast majority of them, the well meaning ones.
Speaker 2: I'm sure if you're talking.
Speaker 6: About foreign students who are there running leading the charge and actually like waving her Mass flags or something. But if they've simply marched in a peaceful protest, I do think that a lot of this is rhetoric right now. This is not something I mean, it's absolutely unenforceable as well, because a lot of this is in hindsight. We haven't heard a peep about any of these protests on university campuses in America for a long time, so I think this is pure Trump rhetoric. But I don't know that it is entirely fair to say that, yeah, any foreign student can't walk in a peaceful I.
Speaker 3: Would disagree with that in this sense.
Speaker 4: If you're a well meaning person and you went to a pro Palestinian rally at Hyde Park in Sydney, you would only need to be there for ten minutes if you're a well meaning person, before you would leave because the sort of rubbish that is getting spewed from the stage by speaker after speaker.
Speaker 6: But you haven't been We're not talking about the Hyde moel you've attended.
Speaker 7: I'm about students.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about pro Palestinian rallies, which is what Trump is talking about.
Speaker 6: You've attended one, so now you're a you're an authority on the match. But we're talking about peaceful protests on university campuses in the state.
Speaker 4: If you've been to a prou should they be deported for if you've been talking, if you've been to a pro Palestinian protest in Sydney, they would be the same as what we saw on our television screens in the US when you hear the bile that is being repeated from stage the chance.
Speaker 6: No, we've shown the worst of them, but the good ones don't make the news. Where students fan together and say we simply object.
Speaker 4: As you said, you're a well meaning person and you just want to peacefully protest. It takes ten minutes to realize those protests are not peaceful. The reetric is not peaceful, and if you are a guest in the country, that.
Speaker 7: Is such a stupid generalization.
Speaker 8: Bags there is and.
Speaker 6: So there's no there's no protest that has been peaceful.
Speaker 8: Any nice person show me those would.
Speaker 4: Have showed me a pro Palestinian rally where there's no hateful reetric, where there's no demails.
Speaker 8: They don't make the news, do they are right?
Speaker 4: So you haven't seen one, then no, yes I have, which is why I'm speaking.
Speaker 6: On socials much people.
Speaker 8: They are not They do not hate Jews.
Speaker 6: They do hate what's happened to Gaza and the forty seven thousand odd people who have been killed through no fault of their own. That is what they're marching for. They don't hate Jews, and they're not her mass fans.
Speaker 7: I don't believe that you would.
Speaker 6: Make such a generalization regarding I'd say millions of people at this point.
Speaker 4: It was a pretty fair generalization, to be honest, from what we've seen right across the West.
Speaker 7: That is such a gross generalization.
Speaker 3: That is happy to stand by it.
Speaker 4: If someone can show me a peaceful pro Palestinian rally where they're all just saying nice things.
Speaker 7: Doesn't make love to know about it, doesn't.
Speaker 4: Make the new Let's stay in the United States for a second, because back in June last year, a couple of astronauts went to the International Space Station for a week. That's how long they were supposed to be there. Eight months later, they're still floating around, can't get home because they're Boeing.
Speaker 3: What's it called a stylie what's it?
Speaker 5: Of course it was bowing. No thing probably fell apart, the door fell off.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, there were helium leaks, there were thrust the issue. So they decided the Boeing star Liner wasn't safe to get the astronauts home. It came home without them. They're still there just for context, by the way, that they're meant to be there for a week.
Speaker 3: They've been there eight months.
Speaker 4: The American who's been in space the longest ever was Frank Rubio.
Speaker 3: He was there three hundred and seventy one days, just over a year.
Speaker 4: So they are close closing in on the record record. I'm on space when, as I said, they're expecting to be there for a week, So NASA are trying to work out when they can go and get them.
Speaker 3: They were thinking March.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump has asked via socials if Elon Musk could do him a solid and go pick up these astronauts on behalf of the US government. Trump messaged, I've just asked Elon Musk and SpaceX to go get the two brave astronauts who've been virtually abandoned in space by the Biden administration. They've been waiting for many months on Space station. Elon will soon be on his way. Hopefully all will be well. Good luck Elon and Elon. Usk replied, Absolutely happy to do it for you, Boss. This is pretty embarrassing for Boeing and for NASA by the way, that their own astronauts are having to be picked up like hitchhikers.
Speaker 3: We Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Indeed, but the Musk's thing went up there last year and it's been sitting up there for some time, and that mission to bring them back has been delayed. I think the funniest part of it is that it's almost like Elon Musk and Donald Trump are in some sort of group chat and they're just conducting their their conversations via public.
Speaker 2: Elon himself isn't going to go out and collect.
Speaker 5: These people, but I'm I am concerned that maybe it's the partners of these people who sabotaged the original rocket that was going to go up there.
Speaker 2: They thought.
Speaker 8: The overflow of the heart.
Speaker 6: Now you're notestic would that even occur?
Speaker 2: To your not suggesting.
Speaker 6: I just love that you two still insist that even though it's been fifty years, it's been over half a century since we've been to the Moon in seventy two, a Polo seventeen, was it, Yes, a Polo seventeen, So it's been over fifty years. It's been over half a century since we went there. But we definitely went there in the sixties.
Speaker 7: You know, maybe we just got sick of going.
Speaker 6: Maybe we were just like you know what, you've seen the moon. Once you've seen the moon forever, we can't be bothered visiting it anymore.
Speaker 7: We've done it enough.
Speaker 8: We literally haven't made it back since. And you guys are like, yeah, but we went plenty of times.
Speaker 5: If it was like it happened in Wallis and Grammit where you can go upon.
Speaker 8: Episode go look it, John Y, No, this is you don't.
Speaker 4: Want to have a go because I reckon propel us to be in rallies, hateful rallies, and then happened.
Speaker 6: No, I refuse to believe that good hearted people who believe that it is the moonlanding was fir. Tens of thousands of people have the helpless thing would be killed. Horrible people, and shouldn't March's rocket to the moon.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow. Stick around, welcome back. Let's look at what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with Sydney's Daily Telegraph. The headline there reads Who's the Mastermind? And of course that's all to do with the investigation into finding the mastermind behind the Dural caravan plot. New South Wales Police, along with the AFP and other agencies, met on Thursday to piece together what's being described as a jigsaw puzzle of evidence and leads now. Tammy Farrugia, her boyfriend Scott Marshall and his friend Simon Nichols were named in AFP search warrants and have been described as being on the periphery of the investigation. Authorities say they are working swiftly to uncover the key figure behind that scheme, so that story leads the Daily Telegraph tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Liz, you've got the Herald Sun. Sorry, Caleb, you've got that.
Speaker 5: Get with the program, James, mate, don't you write all this stuff down before the shows.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to give Liz more opportunity.
Speaker 5: Well, she doesn't need another opportunity, mate, God g you can throw me a bone out here by the way. Don't they look like a couple of people You're there around for Tea and Bickie?
Speaker 2: Sitn't they? Let's go to the Herald Sun, where it says to more.
Speaker 5: Totally busted, fears for school children's safety and three hundred and fifty jobs as upgrades to state's aging bus week put on hold for up to five years.
Speaker 2: And you might be wondering, why.
Speaker 5: Would these jobs be put on hold and these buses be put on hold for up to five years. It's is here that this planned upgrade has been put on fold for five years, on hold sorry, because the Allen government sent down a directive to buy zero emission buses over diesel ones. Isn't that fantastic? Who would have thought that if you go for the zero emission product, the green product, it does drive intoime. If only everything worked as we wanted it to work, Just get diesel buses, for heaven's sake. We have an abundance of diesel in this country, got abundance of diesel everywhere. We just want the buses to move around. But no, we couldn't possibly have a good, usable public transport, could.
Speaker 2: We, because it might pollute the environment.
Speaker 4: So the kids have got to put up with out of date buses for how long is it five years before they get these?
Speaker 5: And also, even if a bus is spewing out diesel emissions, surely one bus spewing out diesel emissions is better than say, forty cars on the road spewing out the emissions that come out of the back of him, the keys of the buses powered by Diesel, just get them on the road, absolutely.
Speaker 6: To the front page of The Australian. Now, who will fight for nationally? He alarm Former Army chief Peter Lee. He has warned a decline in national pride is at the heart of the Australian Defense Forces personnel crisis, arguing a culture of entitlement, identity politics and victimhood is diminishing the pool of potential recruits. Now, I don't know that it's any of those things, except for national pride. I think that one is the one where he's really hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 7: Because I was thinking about this recently.
Speaker 6: And to my shock and horror, I realized I probably would not be inclined to fight for Australia as it is today. The Australia of the eighties, one hundred percent the Australia of the nineties, I would have died in a ditch in the most agonizing ways possible. You name it be the Australia of today, where only a third of us were born here. And I regularly look around and wonder if I'm back in India Thailand, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, any number of the Asian countries that I've been to.
Speaker 7: This, of course, is not to say anything.
Speaker 6: Bad against those peoples. It's simply to say that it's only in Western countries. We've come up with this rule book by which you can come from anywhere and get a piece of paper that says your Australian, that says you're American.
Speaker 7: That says you're British. Now. I can't go to China. Know what it would be like, Oh, you're you're Asian, Now you're Chinese. Now.
Speaker 6: If I move to Africa, if I stay there for ten years, no one would agree that I was African.
Speaker 7: And as I've said before.
Speaker 6: Everyone who comes here has a homeland to return to, with a rich culture, a rich heritage, all their own customs and ways of doing things, their own values.
Speaker 8: And then me, I don't an actual Aussie, he was born and bred here.
Speaker 6: I don't have a homeland to return to. This is my home and it looks nothing like it did in the nineties. It looks nothing like it did in the eighties. I do fear that it will never be again. I think the proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what makes this current situation so dangerous when you've got geopolitical tensions so fraught at the moment, and we keep denigrating our own culture in our own country right when we need our defense forces to be boosted. We're going to go to some breaking news as the IDF soldier Agam Berger has been reunited.
Speaker 3: With her parents.
Speaker 4: She was nineteen when she was taken hostage by Hamas, she's now twenty years old. You can see their pictures that have been released by the Israeli Defense Force as she's been reunited with her parents. She's one of eight hostages who are due to be released today. A German Israeli is to be released along with an older man who has taken hostage from his home in southern Israel. And then there's five Thai nationals who are meant to be released today as well, part of a small group of foreign hostages that haven't been talked about that much. But you can only imagine the joy and the relief for those parents as they get their their girl back.
Speaker 1: Caleb, you know what more.
Speaker 5: Can you say than that, really, that it would be from the worst moment of your life on October seventh, most probably when a family member was taken away from you and you never knew whether you would see them again, to what is now probably the.
Speaker 2: Best day of your life.
Speaker 5: And we shouldn't forget because we're here saying how great it is that the hostages have been released, and that is true, but don't forget the pain that these people have been through over the last what is it thirteen fourteen or months, hour or longer than that, actually, but the pain that they've been through not knowing whether their loved ones are alive, whether they will ever see them again.
Speaker 2: You know, they will be feeling.
Speaker 5: Absolute abundant joy today, but I suspect the pain and the trauma that has been inflicted upon both the family members and the hostages that they've been experiencing for more than a year will be something that will stay with them forever. I mean, getting your family member back is great, but it's not going to stop the pain that was caused for all that time.
Speaker 4: She was held hostage four hundred and eighty two days by harmas.
Speaker 6: Terrorists talk about a long awaited reunion, and every one of those days would have been agony for those at home waiting and to think that some are still waiting.
Speaker 4: Well, among those waiting, and I mean, everyone's desperate to know the status of those two little children, a five year old and a two year old, who had taken hostage along with their mother and still her. Mus have refused to say whether those little kids are even alive or not, which is just the height of cruelty to keep everybody waiting on that. You just can't imagine the agony. But for that family, good news today. They've got their girl home. We're going to go to a break when we come back. As I said, Trump's been issuing executive orders left, right and everywhere else, but one you never.
Speaker 3: Thought he would ever issue, will show you that.
Speaker 1: Just welcome back.
Speaker 4: I've been to Kenya a couple of times, love the country, have lots of Kenyan friends. But Caleb, You've got a story that makes me love Kenyan's even more.
Speaker 5: Before we get to that, can you make a recommendation for.
Speaker 3: Me if I go over there a recommendation?
Speaker 2: Sorry it was ken Can you make a recommendation for me? Ken you get it.
Speaker 11: On your own.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, this is late debate history you have just witnessed, because for once one of them is with me not getting a dad joke, literally just staring was half at your own joke, and I'm like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: Was the only dad on the desk? Can I just say that was not a dad joke anyway?
Speaker 2: Well, now that my thunder has been completely started.
Speaker 5: Because these are philistines and good humor, we normally bring you funny stories in Cig three. This one is actually we're not well. I know I tried to bring some, but this one is actually kind of you. Whu Kenyata is the former president of Kenya, and the reason this is so funny is because he's just speaking pure common sense here to an audience of people who you can imagine are seeing there agog that he is saying that where as African countries should probably look after ourselves before we go asking other people for money.
Speaker 2: Take a look.
Speaker 13: Trump has removed money. He said he's not giving us any more money.
Speaker 1: Why are you crying?
Speaker 13: It's not your government, is not your country. He has no reason to give you anything. I mean, you don't pay taxes in America. He is appealing to his people, shou heney, what are we going to do? Yeah, to support ourselves because nobody is going to continue holding out a hand there to give you. It is time for us to use our resources for the right thing. We are the ones who are using them for the wrong things.
Speaker 2: To do the joke again? Can you get that man over here right now? We'd love some more of him.
Speaker 6: I reckon, wasn't funny the first time, wasn't funny the second time. Now, we've all heard about these incredible presidential edicts coming down from President Donald J.
Speaker 7: Trump.
Speaker 6: Here's one that I sincerely wish he had signed into law, but unfortunately it's just a parody. Really video, there's big dog energy back in the White House.
Speaker 7: He's making men masculine.
Speaker 2: And lastly, sir, we have an inconsecutive order demanding that grown men stop wearing skinny jeans.
Speaker 1: That's a big one, huh.
Speaker 7: Other people are waiting for this for a long for years, for.
Speaker 14: Decades, amen, brother, I'm one of them. I've been waiting for years for decades.
Speaker 5: If only this was legit, and also include ripped jeans, which I have seen James McPherson wear in the newsroom too.
Speaker 3: I am a wetness I wear them really well. That's it from us. The ground coming up is the Independent Show good night,