Speaker 1: Casimer said, here's some of the best bets from Jason Louren while we're on.
Speaker 2: Break this play cool. The cops are here, Lawrence, tell me what you know. Now for Pride the Pope Pie, we bring in different police officers.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's like the cast of Breaking Bad has just rolled in.
Speaker 2: Walter White's in the house.
Speaker 3: No, we've got detective acting Senior Sergeant Michael Kugler and Detective Sergeant Paul Gilmore.
Speaker 2: Don't get all right, good morning, Good morning guys. You might need to take your mask if we can't.
Speaker 4: He can we hear you? Wait, we can hear. Okay, you can keep it on.
Speaker 3: So you guys are in just for our radio audience that can't see you but can only hear You're in a fool.
Speaker 4: What is that suit that you're in?
Speaker 5: This is a it's called a Tivick suit. Suits basically a chemical resistant and some the one I'm wearing today is also got some sort of fire resistance built into it.
Speaker 6: All we want to be on fire.
Speaker 2: In this suit?
Speaker 5: Did we use them when we're processing.
Speaker 2: The client labs?
Speaker 4: So what are you doing? Busy busting meth labs?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? So that's world to why this is good morning, Good morning, We're good, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Is a hectic out, been wearying?
Speaker 6: How does this room smell?
Speaker 8: We're all good, A little bit dodge, but we're just going to run some testa shortly.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 4: So you got to talk us through what you would do day.
Speaker 1: To day in your job essentially, well, it's it's pretty varied, but we investigate locally manufactured drugs within victory.
Speaker 3: And is it like part of my ignorance a scene in the movies, are people like making meth in bathtubs and houses and stuff?
Speaker 6: Yes like that, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: They're making myth in houses, and making myth in beery chipping containers, and making myth in farm sheds, garages, pretty much anywhere you can think of.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to save people. I was just going to say, people could see how this stuff is made. It's the last thing they'd put in their system, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely Yeah, it's all synthetic made, synthetically made, it's all chemicals. Yeah, really dangerous.
Speaker 3: And so by the time you guys get the call to go and I don't know what you call check out all lab has someone already found it, or they're like, we're suspected that there's suspicious activity happening in this house and then you guys go and kick the door down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much. We're a bit of a one stop shop at our office. We get the intel, we investigate it, we do the raids, and then we prosecute the offenders. Our process are scene which can be long if it's a bigger lab, and then we process the offenders.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just what happens to the goods.
Speaker 8: Well, they get taken out to a hazardous management at a location and destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't go let twenty percent off for the Christmas party and then.
Speaker 6: Basically not So what's happening underground here in Melbourne? We have we got a scourge? Is there is there a problem or is it something that's happening right the way around Australia right the way around the world.
Speaker 8: I think there's no secret that there's a significant drug problem in Australia in general.
Speaker 4: You know, look at our borders.
Speaker 8: We're in Ireland, so it's easy to import in here and there's a lot of chemicals that come into this country which I used to manufacture methamphetam.
Speaker 5: Very high demand in Australian prices are high, which makes it there's a lot of incentive for people out there to righty and manufactured drugs or import drugs.
Speaker 3: So what's the worst scene you've walked into? Most of you would have seen it, all right, Is there one thing that comes to mind you've walked in and gone, I cannot believe what I'm looking at?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's been so that you can everything from what we call addiction based really small labs, and some people work really neat, really methodical. Some people are really well educated, got science backgrounds, and some just mayhem. There's just stuff everywhere, contaminants everywhere. They're contaminated, Like you take their clothes off and they're still sitting off.
Speaker 6: Not hiding it.
Speaker 2: It's just full blown lab. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They're definitely trying to conceal Yeah. Yeah, so, and they'll go to great lengths to try and keep it concealed. Just stick them in like sort of industrial areas or rural areas to try and hide it because they can be pretty smelly and pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there any telltale signs that you might see from someone's house that might give an indication that they're cooking something up in there.
Speaker 8: Generally, the chemical smell gives it away and and a lot of people just write it.
Speaker 2: Off as cleaning products and stuff.
Speaker 8: You're right or yeah, it's you know, they're just the suspicious behavior around.
Speaker 2: You've got a crazy cat lady next door, but you don't see any cats. There's a good chance she's cooked.
Speaker 5: Especially if she's put up about fifteen security cameras.
Speaker 2: Full lads, Look, we love doing the Pope.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're putting yourselves on the line. It's a it's a massive job.
Speaker 4: This looks fun. It looks fun.
Speaker 5: I think we enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It is fun.
Speaker 3: You must get it through when you just zip that bright orange suit up and.
Speaker 2: Put your should your partner ever say when you're at home, haywork on the has mat.
Speaker 4: You guys love a good steak night. What sort of would you go to steak?
Speaker 2: Well? I'm normally a Scotch Philip guy, but yesterday I was at Urban on the weekend Urban Ali and Chatty and at the Porterhouse.
Speaker 6: I love the Porterhouse. What do he gord House? Peppercorn sauce medium.
Speaker 3: I fili it, babe, But I panic when I'm at the butcher and We've got people coming over from barbecue, and I'm like, like, I feel like chicks always love and I feel it, and I'm like, what's the steak man like.
Speaker 2: Scotch Philip or a big Rabbi with the.
Speaker 3: Bone by the one then you slice up in everyone chairs.
Speaker 6: A huge problem with that is that the bone takes away so much of the succulent meat.
Speaker 2: No bonuts flavor. What I hate is when they go, Okay, here comes your six hundred gram steak, and then they put it down and I'm like, that's a five hundred grand bone exactly.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't like meat on a bone. It makes me feel too much like I'm eating an animal. I just prefer the Philip, get the bone away. You know, it's just a mental thing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's I mean, don't ruin it for why.
Speaker 4: Would you do that?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Hey, where's favorite steak? Do you ever go to?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 4: I know I know the answers to this, and get some bond it's your favorite. You're always Now I.
Speaker 2: Haven't been there for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: It's untrue.
Speaker 3: I've only known you for a couple of years and you've mentioned it eighty five times.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I've discovered a new spot, Brighton Beach Hotel.
Speaker 4: That sounds swinky.
Speaker 2: No it's not. Although they just did a reno at the end of South Road, corner of South Road and Beach. It was a bloody ripping steak.
Speaker 4: Clint, do you have a go to I do.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to find the name of it. Marble m A R B l Oh you've told me about paran very very It's a real, very strong, very strong steak. Not a strong steak, just a nice steak, but a strong.
Speaker 2: Is tough, you know what I mean. When they're like, here's the steak, that'll be forty dollars. Oh sorry, you wanted some sides, Well they're nine dollars extra.
Speaker 6: Shit beans always cost that.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 4: You can't just get this steak without the like.
Speaker 3: Crunchy bes, the broccoladi, the potatoes, and then some of them have macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 6: Stop them.
Speaker 3: Got to get those signs.
Speaker 6: Is there a reason we talk there is?
Speaker 3: It's because here in Melbourne there is a restaurant which none of us have mentioned, which has just been voted one of the world's best the world s world, not the world's one of the world's best steak restaurants.
Speaker 4: It is in Armadale and it is called Victor Churchill.
Speaker 3: I love it when we have things that make worldwide liststor have you ever seen it?
Speaker 2: It's on Success.
Speaker 3: It's ranked number eleven in the prestigious World one hundred and one Best Steak Restaurants for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, also, you left to sell the car to by the eye.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's spinny, that's for sure. It's like Actually, I've driven past it. I've never been in, but it looks like a swanky butcher from the front. I think you can just go and by cuts of meat, or you can go and dining.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Mashed potato sixteen dollars.
Speaker 3: We've had this conversation before where you've blown up about size it's and then you put on hang on, he puts on this silly little English accent when he blows up about potatoes.
Speaker 6: Sex stain dollars dollars because it's Paris mash. That's not outrage green beans nine and all its beautiful beans are always.
Speaker 4: Spa twelve bucks for the fries, they'd be good fries. Why are we only looking at the side.
Speaker 6: So what's a O'Connor pasture fed Cot? De buff called it deff?
Speaker 3: What about the Rangers Valley black marketskit the two hundred and sixty five dollars crikey?
Speaker 4: Most So that's.
Speaker 6: Number eleven in the world.
Speaker 2: French fries twelve tops.
Speaker 3: You engaged chck and we could get the work credit card and our bosses did say, since you've started, we need to take you out for lunch.
Speaker 2: Guys, we must go.
Speaker 4: We must go on someone else's dime.
Speaker 2: If you've got a place in Melbourne and you want to show it off, and you're like, hey, look we've been going to this joint for years. They do this bloody two for one night, or maybe it's free game of pool if you time you buy a steak of a joint.
Speaker 4: Things are expensive now, so specials nine is great.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number? Melbourne? Where must we go?
Speaker 3: We're asking where is somewhere that we must go? There is a restaurant in Melbourne that has made the list of one hundred and one best restaurants.
Speaker 4: But not just that.
Speaker 3: It's number e eleven in the world. One of the best steak restaurants in the world.
Speaker 4: Very expensive though, So.
Speaker 2: We're doshed potato.
Speaker 3: We'd love your recommendations on where we probably sixteen a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like like a pub steak, we actually get the sides on the plate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you get that stupid little salad with grated carrot that no one wants.
Speaker 6: Sometimes a bit of pair What are you putting? Pregos and pepper sauce sauce or a scallop potato?
Speaker 2: You scream of, Diane sa.
Speaker 6: I am quite partial with mushroom. Yeah, what's a diansaur?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Something old ladies have. I think it's good for you.
Speaker 2: Renee, Renee, Where must we go?
Speaker 10: So there's an Indian Namaste restaurant in Budua. They do the best Nepalese momos and they are actually quite famous for their buttered chickens.
Speaker 3: I love buttered chicken. But what on earth is a Nepalese moment? Is there?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 10: Like they're a dumpling, they're only stiff steamed. They come in chicken or they come vegetarian.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to need more info.
Speaker 6: Curry style dumpling. It a curry style dumpling.
Speaker 10: No, it's actually just like chicken mince or like fresh chicken in there. And I've got some great vegetables in there as well.
Speaker 4: Nepolese moment.
Speaker 10: What's it called in It's called Namastay Restaurant. It's on McLean Road.
Speaker 4: Do you want to go Jay's.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's good for me. That's good. I only tried Indian like four years ago and.
Speaker 4: In so good masala?
Speaker 2: Is it the caps one?
Speaker 6: I like that chicken masala?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 3: So when you go to India, the way they serve like meals in like their local restaurants. It's like on a big silver tray and you get like a bit of everything.
Speaker 6: So sometimes you eat with your hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ash from Cheltenham, is there some where we must go? We're talking to steaks. We've got one of the best steak restaurants in the world in Armadale, but you reckon there's a better one.
Speaker 9: There is a better one down in Mentone. There's a shop called the Corner Store. All of their food's great, but their steaks are eleven out as Channel eleven and they do steaks night on a Monday and Tuesday night.
Speaker 6: Nights a week.
Speaker 9: Yep, yep. Twenty bucks for your steak. And I'm pretty sure they're throwing a beer as well.
Speaker 4: Oh Ash, that sounds like Jason.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you're pretty sure on the beer too.
Speaker 4: The corner store in where was it, Cheltenham?
Speaker 2: I've just googled, I minsed it. It's a big steak.
Speaker 6: It's a big steak.
Speaker 4: Is always better?
Speaker 2: Isn't great?
Speaker 4: Big is not always better?
Speaker 2: You know what I don't like? You know, when you're cut into a steak and you're like, this is frozen, that's frozen, has has been frozen?
Speaker 6: A bit fleshy?
Speaker 4: Now you're not winning the best restaurant in the world for that game.
Speaker 2: John in Hillside, where must we go? John?
Speaker 7: Good guys, and it's good to have you back. When there's a place down Wollen called Hogan's Hotel. And I reckon, I to make the best Palmer I've ever had.
Speaker 2: What a big calls about it?
Speaker 7: Well, the sauce is not the same as anywhere else, and the ham that they place on top, it's not such as not that they smoke the ham.
Speaker 3: Hang one second, John, keep play some sexy music. Yeah, okay, John, I'm just going to get. I'm going to set the scene. We walk into the Hosen Hotel in Wolln and you order the Palmer. I want you to talk me through how it's served.
Speaker 7: Well, it's served with a lovely dish of fry, a large bowl of gravy and a nice top.
Speaker 2: Of the Tell me about tell.
Speaker 6: Me about the hem.
Speaker 4: Is it finally shaved?
Speaker 7: It is very finely shaved, smoke of perfection.
Speaker 4: Freshly shaved.
Speaker 7: Yes, John, a lovely layer of cheese, I think chrispy.
Speaker 2: Do you like the ham shaved? Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How does it smell?
Speaker 7: O thing?
Speaker 2: Pacty's the chicken? And what about the crumb?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Then, patient?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's a bread or a pango?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: I believe it would be a bread.
Speaker 4: A bread crumb. Good on you, John, That sounds delicious.
Speaker 2: You'd say it's juicy.
Speaker 7: I say it moist. It's it's it's splendid.
Speaker 4: They need to put that on the ad a sexy word.
Speaker 6: But I'm there.
Speaker 7: Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on No.
Speaker 9: One hundred.
Speaker 6: Lauren on Socials