Speaker 1: We should do the whole show on it.
Speaker 2: The corpse plant is an actual plant.
Speaker 3: Corpse flower has volumes in the botanic garters.
Speaker 1: Flat face. Well, and she wasn't joking, Jason. She was said, let's do the whole show on it.
Speaker 4: That's all right. We are about to connect two icons of Geelong. One is the corpse flower that people are lining up for for hours to see. The other is the legend himself. Tom Hawkins tell me, good morning, morning Hawk.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys. How are we we are?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Good morning Hawk? Now how come you haven't been down to see the stinkiest flower yet? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, I've seen following it live stream and being updated by friends, but I will. I will get down there. I thought you you got me on to talk about my time until no, no.
Speaker 3: Tom, No one cares about you in Geelong anymore. Everyone's forgotten about you. They're all talking about a corpse flower and they are.
Speaker 2: And you know how I found out about it. I was going to one of my flarties classes that I've just taken up with my wife Emma, and one of the girls in there told me about the corpse sound and how it must get down and check it out. So I'm planning Tuesdays my day at home with Henry and I'm playing to get down this.
Speaker 1: Afternoon hawks as a farmer, somebody who should know and appreciate what goes on in this space, I mean, what sort of impact is it having in Geelong?
Speaker 2: Well, it's huge. I mean I'm seeing I haven't been and had to look at it in the flesh, but even through the live stream you can see the number of people that are getting through and it is causing some conversations. Now I did, I went to as I said, I've been doing plarties. I've went with one of my former now former teammates, Max Holmes. He had no idea about it, but I think he may be the only one in too long that doesn't know about the corpse flower.
Speaker 3: So immigrant house now and it actually smells a bit like a hot Pilarates class. To be perfectly honest, I reckon a few of you blokes in a hot Pilartes class would be reminiscent of the waft that is in here.
Speaker 4: Tom On at the races at Derby Day, your wife publicly after a few Chardonnays, ripped into you as a farmer. He tried to attempt the wagu beef and you failed miserably. How do you reckon you go growing a few of these on the on the land?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure. Ten years is a long time to wait, Jay, So I don't know if i'd be as patient as that toy. By seeing the number of people that have ventured from all over Geelong the state and well move storry as Australia come and have a look at the courts flower here in Geelong, it kind of makes sense to maybe think about it as a viable option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you can start a fa part at your house.
Speaker 2: Tom's imagine that. Well, I definitely get you.
Speaker 4: Guys, when you're watching the live stream and you're seeing people line up for hours and two o'clock in the morning, did it cross your mind? Are they okay?
Speaker 2: Good question? Yeah, great question. I think I'm not going to put it down to Geelong people as such, maybe more so as plant enthusiasts, but look, I get it. When phenomenon has happened like this, whether it's something true with don't know it's a solar system or learn, we all got to get a bit giddy. And I think this is caused quite a stirs in and around Geelong.
Speaker 4: So, guys, do we think what would have got a bigger line up? The corpse Flower or a book signing for Tom?
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to go. I was going to go with it. Maybe a statue. Maybe we could put a statue of Tom next to the corpse I like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm telling you, first of all the Ablets put Geelong on the map. Then it was the Hawkens, and now no one cares about any of those families. It is all about the corpse Flower. Not a single Geelong jersey down here. It's just all flower enthusiasts. You can see.
Speaker 4: She's always in your corner.
Speaker 2: Tom, Do you know what she is? Completely right? I got. I got called him the other day at a at a potential we'll call a tough job interview type thing that I went for and got called Tim. So yeah, rightly, rightly.
Speaker 3: You are old news, Tim Hawkins news.
Speaker 1: It's Tim Hawkins from Fox Footing. Let us know how that that job if.
Speaker 2: You turned down.
Speaker 3: Congrats on the new job, gig Hawk.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, yeah, really exciting about that. Next year it's going to set off toe into the football world from a different lane. So I'm really looking for to it. I'll probably stumble my way through a few games from here to there, but yeah, really.
Speaker 1: Do you want to read the news on a Sunday night? It's all yours brother, Tom.
Speaker 2: Sorry, well we're out of time, I will say quickly, Clinton, You've done an amazing job of love watching you over over the last couple of months. Sorry reading the news that the next day, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Say reading reading the news after a date at the races. You saw him on Darby Now and then you saw him on the Today Show on the Sunday morning after after a little karaoke turn up time.
Speaker 4: Fortunately, Tom, we've run out of time to talk about your new career. We've got to get back to the Flower.
Speaker 3: Tom. If it doesn't work out on Fox Footy, get a couple of these corpse plants in your garden and you'll draw a crowd again.
Speaker 4: The Legend. Tom Hawkins join us on the.
Speaker 2: Geelong Ica.
Speaker 1: Mate Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren wake up feeling Good on number one hundred on Socials