Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we sit back and marvel at our F one stars. They are amazing drivers, amazing skills. They have to make decisions in a split second. You wouldn't think that an F one star would be so clumsy is to have a car accident on the regulation roads with regulation cars, But here we are. Kimmi Antonelli was behind the wheel of Now let me quote this. It is a limited edition Mercedes AMGGT sixty three Pro Motorsport Collector's Edition.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's not a cheap car.
Speaker 1: That sounds very, very expensive. It's valued at four hundred and eighty thousand dollars if.
Speaker 3: You don't mind.
Speaker 4: That's a big badge on the back of the car when they put the mode, A lot of bad family stickers.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to give a limited edition car to someone as a loaner, you'd be pretty happy with it. Being an F one driver, you'd been pretty safe hands.
Speaker 1: You would think, well, it is a company car, right, because he drives for Mercedes. Now, he was out and about in sam Marino at the weekend and had a smash. He made car, had to had to get the license out, trade numbers. There was front and back damage. He's completely embarrassed. There's some footage which has been posted in socials which shows the damage. He hung around of course traded details and what was left red faced.
Speaker 3: He's waiting for the paper to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's crushed in.
Speaker 2: How long had he had it for?
Speaker 1: Two days? Two days?
Speaker 4: I remember Lou and I when we lived in Brisbane we first got together, and you know, like when you buy your first car as a couple, like together, and I think it was like a Master c x seven, like a sort of suv and this is, you know, years ago, so they didn't all standard come with cameras and stuff. And the second day we had it, we're like parking a car park and I'm like, hey, do you reckon? We should pay the money and get like reverse senses put on. And we're having this conversation while she's reversing into the spot, and she's like, what a waste of money bang.
Speaker 3: In the wall?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, how long did you have the car?
Speaker 3: A day?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You would have been thrilled. How did you handle that situation? She just looked at me, not a word, yeah, And did you say a word?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I just did the sound of the reverse sense.
Speaker 2: That's so patronizing. You would do that every time she gets in the car now as well.
Speaker 1: I always worry about bringing a rental car. So that's why I get the high insurance premium.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But then, but you never have a crash or anything. The moment you do, you don't get the high insurance you have.
Speaker 4: And I feel like, if you paid for the insurance, you may as well roll back in the Hertz.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean, you paid for me.
Speaker 2: That's also sort of insurance fraud.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're not lying about it. Do you know what I hate with insurance premiums? And I think this is it's so shit. Your premium goes up if you've been in an accident, right even if it wasn't your fault. That's what sucks, I know, right, Like if someone your ass, you could be the best driver in the world. Someone's gone up your ass, you now have to pay for it in your premium. It's unfair.
Speaker 2: I just did the one of those you compare compare the pair insurance. I was paying way too much for my insurance. I just was like, I got one of those emails saying, why don't you compare your insurance to another company and it was half of what I was paying.
Speaker 3: Was it the little meercat with Kushi?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was one of those.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the super compare the pair?
Speaker 2: One of those?
Speaker 1: Like you should do your health insurance next they do it?
Speaker 2: Ah, I know how I couldn't believe, like the difference in insurance prices.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. How quickly did you record car? I would love, I'd not love because unfortunate it's happened to someone. But has anyone got an accident leaving a car?
Speaker 3: Yacht?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: The dealership?
Speaker 2: I think I had my first car I got when I was eighteen. My parents bought it for my eighteenth birthday and I wrote it off after I think it was seven weeks.
Speaker 3: How'd you do that?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a very good driver.
Speaker 4: Do you have a convertible? Did it have the eyelashes on the window and the headlights?
Speaker 2: I never had a convertible. I couldn't be trusted in the convertible. My naan news my name thought when if you had a convertible that you had to wear a helmet?
Speaker 3: You senior drive?
Speaker 4: Thirt eight twenty four to ten is our number in return. I've got Moonlight Cinema, Goldgrass double passes. Hey, that'd be nice, but Valentine's Day down, boy.
Speaker 3: Give it a ring. How quickly did you smash your car? We'll tell you goes next to nover. How quickly did you smash your car?
Speaker 1: Well, jas, this is all because Kimmi Antonelli, the F one driver, pranged his company car, beautiful AMG worth four hundred and fifty thousand dollars, two days after he got it. Imagine that phone call to the boss. I am, I mean he is, he is the best driver.
Speaker 3: I a boo boo.
Speaker 4: Of course Janie win Cup, famous V eight supercar driver to have an accident. Him and I were racing, and I put him.
Speaker 2: In racing against the supercar driver.
Speaker 3: It was Daytona at times oh and one. I beat him. I beat him on Daytona.
Speaker 2: Because you've made him crashka.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning, gir Hello. I direct the car.
Speaker 5: So we were over in Germany, my partner and I at one of the famous race tracks. We hired a rental car, did one lap and then the next lap we actolutely totaled it into a wall at one hundred k oh it's on.
Speaker 2: The second day. What sort of insurance policy did you have.
Speaker 5: Any like clif we got the highest one, but it was a lot of money. Was the kind of rare car?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: I still can't get over in twenty twenty six, the whole picking up a higher car at the airport process a ball.
Speaker 2: Oh they've got a streamline that come. That's a circus. And what about when they go, oh, we've upgraded you and they give you a different car, and I didn't want that one.
Speaker 3: I don't want a van.
Speaker 2: And an upgrade because it's bigger, it doesn't mean it's an upgrade.
Speaker 4: And now I've got to walk out there with a little bit of paper and circle the areas.
Speaker 3: That have did.
Speaker 2: That's so annoying. Let's go to Michael and Hampton Park. Good morning, Good morning Michael. How quickly did you ruin your car within half an hour of driving it out of the dealership?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's it a car?
Speaker 5: It was back in the day. It was one of the old V commodores.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, are you street racing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, I thought I'd take a trip down to see my mother.
Speaker 6: Driving down the freeway, I lost control of the car, wrapped it around a tree and yeah, oh gosh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad you're okay. Firstly, and you had just bought it was a.
Speaker 6: Brand new No, no, it was secondhand.
Speaker 3: Was the spoiler and tagged? Or did that come off as well?
Speaker 5: I didn't have a spoiler, Michael.
Speaker 2: Did you have a driver's license or yeah?
Speaker 5: I had a drive.
Speaker 3: Minutes? Is not good?
Speaker 2: That's bad. That's a bad scene.
Speaker 4: Imagine getting into an accident, leaving a record, or like you, a chop shop panel beater.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning to you, Glenn. How quickly did you ride off the car? Or praying the car?
Speaker 6: I worked for a car dealership and I rode off a car with seven kilometers.
Speaker 2: Oh Glenn, driving it to and from.
Speaker 6: I was road testing it before the customer picked up their car.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so it'd had been sold.
Speaker 2: Oh Glenn, what what happens in that situation? Are you in trouble with the boss?
Speaker 3: Now? You put the bow over the dinner?
Speaker 6: The boss was fantastic though, They were really good about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what happened?
Speaker 6: I pulled out of the tea intersection and got cleaned up by a car coming the other way.
Speaker 3: It wasn't your faulting.
Speaker 2: Oh it was your fault.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to help me. I'm trying to help me.
Speaker 2: At least you're honest. Glenn.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was my fault.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see the photo of the people that picked the car up, just them looking up.
Speaker 3: This isn't what we bought
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials,