Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast.
Speaker 2: You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're on the way that dance Bra little Man trip before. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The jam Or and Dylan Show. We're filming in the evening once again, a little bit of a little bit of a structural change to our filming, but we keep moving and it's a nice little change. There's a different energy when you film later on in the day. I agree, you come with a different energy sometimes. You know, we rolled with early mornings when we first started the show on a Wednesday, I think to Wednesday. Sure, Wednesday's nine am start on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: We've done Thursdays, Friday, Friday. Just done a Sunday morning, Thursday and Friday, switching between most of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the turnover, like from Sunday morning to Thursday. It doesn't feel like much has happened. Yep, that's true. A lot hard at work. Indeed, I cleaned my car today. We'll start off with that. So I showed you just before. I've had a chemical reaction deal now. I used to park my car out the front of Grace's old house, yep, and they had their sprinklers would come on automatically at night, and my car would basically just get water damage because of the calcium levels in the water. You know. I thought it would just come off in with a rain, with a shower, you know, not quite. And then I thought, you know, a car wash'll probably do it. And then it's been a couple of years.
Speaker 2: We went through ones in your car, and then after you complained, you were like, wait, the spots aren't gone.
Speaker 1: Well, I just assumed because it had happened the night before, yeah, that it would be gone. But anyway, some strong calcium in the water. Apparently that's what it is. Anyway, so I've had to watch multiple like YouTube videos and try and figure out the best way. I went down to super Cheap Order much much more good place. Got a free bucket, which is great, and we'll not free because it came with the purchase.
Speaker 2: But you domical guys angelus shout out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chemical brothers or chemical guys, chemical guys. Yeah, so that is the brand of the products I used, and so far, so good. Use that and they say don't make it get in contact with your skin or your eyes because it can damage you right, And basically I'm wearing a gloves.
Speaker 2: Don't drink, Yeah, don't intestinal It says as well, you probably die, to be honest, Like it's not good anyway.
Speaker 1: So I'm scrubbing away, scrubbing away, And this was just before we started recording, like a couple of hours ago. I don't know if it's working. It's looking a bit smudgy, but then you put a bit of water on it, after non calcium water, and then it comes off and it's a little shiny and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's still the best way to clean your car as a hand.
Speaker 1: Wash, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I think the drive through ones Yeah they're fun, but they're severely overrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't actually help.
Speaker 2: They don't clean the rims. They don't really get rid of tough dirt.
Speaker 1: It's like a temporary shine.
Speaker 2: You can even do it yourself at a car wash, and I still doing it at homes better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really get in there. Yeah, but it was hard, yaker, like it was tough work anyway. So I've used this glove and I can feel this stuff seeping through the glove into my into my pores, and I don't know, like my skin, the skin, my skin color is not always like that anyway. I showed you on my middle finger there's like a bit of rashes and shit dermatitis. Yeah, And I genuinely like because the glove was wet, my hand was wet, and I did it for like an hour and a half. I felt like I had trench hand, like trench foot for my hand, trench and it was just warm. Gallipoly, Yeah, gallipoly I had so. Yeah, that was not fun. And but you know what, had the Yuwi boom out there listening to some tunes and enjoyed myself for maybe like thirty percent of it. Yeah, yeah, seventy percent hard work.
Speaker 2: That it's hard.
Speaker 1: Thirty percent.
Speaker 2: It's fun at the start, and the thought of washing your car is fine. It's freeing summer, yeap. But then when you're washing, you.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, yep. I'll tell you when I had my I'll break down my thirty percent in the hours I did it right, So the time frame, let's just say it went for two hours to make it easy. The last ten minutes yep, great because I can see light at the end of the tunnel and then I'm just spraying water all over the car. It looks amazing. It feels good. You know, there's a bit of excess water spraying back at me. And it was warm. It was nice, like the water was cool, the weather was warm, you know what I mean. And then the first ten minutes were a bit scary because I didn't know if it was going to damage my car, because some people have had like problems where you know, it hasn't been the right product to.
Speaker 2: Get damaged in Australia too. You don't keep your car under cover indeed these days.
Speaker 1: Man, my sister's got her car outside and Dad's like put a tent over the tople.
Speaker 2: No, it's smart. My car is very sun damaged. Yeah, and even mum's starting to show a bit now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, it's a shame older cars. We're not even older twenty ten. Yeah, but it's just you know, forty two degrees, bro, it's gonna damage.
Speaker 1: Definitely, yep. And then in the middle part I found a bit of fun in it. But that was amongst all the pain because my arm is actually quite sore and it doesn't even compare to like a gym workout like arms or anything like. It was a different type of pain.
Speaker 2: Like moving furniture.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, I got RSI just in my forearm and that anyway, so clean my car. Played a bit of golf this morning. Nice weather Whaleback is such a good golf course for.
Speaker 2: A published casual broach chill. It's welcoming yeap, and it's well kept. Yeah, it's always in a replace.
Speaker 1: That you wouldn't expect it to be amazing. It's actually quite good. Yeah, so that was good. Last night I kicked the footy with Rog. Learned a few things, which was great. Won't talk about the modern camera, but it's nothing sinister.
Speaker 2: I know you're talking.
Speaker 1: We already know about it, boy, But.
Speaker 2: How does his kick these days?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good? Yeah, But what happened was he brought a footy. How's this right? So we go down to kick the footy. I take a full size footy, right, he brings like an under sixteens ball. That's not the right size. He just I think he just grabbed it assuming it was full size, and we pumped it up. And then you know when a footy has a really hard rock like end yep, that's what it was. So we both woke up this morning with like bruising on top of our feet and that shouldn't happen after having a fun kick.
Speaker 2: Casual kick, no way.
Speaker 1: But we were just down at the park down there, and I've never seen that many people down there. There's cricket nets were full, the park was full, good people going for walks. It was like the most community feel since I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Nice bro, because you'd.
Speaker 1: Get it sometimes at sport trainings, like there's lots of people around, there's a sausages along, like there's a community.
Speaker 2: It's a vibe on like a Tuesday, Thursday or whatever, Wednesday, Friday, whenever you do it.
Speaker 1: And this was a wed Neest Day, yeah, Wednest Day evening. But what was interesting is it was crazy windy, so there was kicks you kick into the breeze and the ball's coming back to you. Insane. It's like those games that they play in AFL, like at Ballarat.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah and the balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ball just flying back at you. So that was good. And on the same topic of sport and how much sport we've been playing lately, paddles back.
Speaker 2: I can't wait Sunday yesterday when this comes out.
Speaker 1: West Coast Paddle We're heading back to dal Keith.
Speaker 2: We love it there, we love it Perth best suburb for those or one of the best suburbs for those who don't know Perth very well. It's just you know, not even million dollar houses. I'm talking ten million dollar houses. Very nice area. They've started a paddle court and club near the balls club yeap, and it's a great place. Great play courts there. Obviously, you know, they're new, so they're very elite. When we first went, we went very early. It was quiet. Now booked out every night, yeah, night.
Speaker 1: So when you want to play, because obviously people are working throughout the day, I want to go pay plattle the night.
Speaker 2: The Europeans and the South Americans love it.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Social groups, tournaments, they're always there. They're good at it because they're social people. They are they want to meet strangers butterflies, Yeah, honestly, so there'll probably be a few of them there when we're there on Sunday. Yeah, I'll see if I reckon it's probably booked out by now. Yeah, let's see if Sunday because that was one of the only nights that wasn't booked out for sort of training or a tournament things like that.
Speaker 1: Definitely, it's going to be fun. Bro The advocates for the sport. With the rog it's another thing. Yeah, going with Pete our lawyer friends, and we're also going with rog Rogner. He's never played before. Pete's never played before. You and I have played, you played once played a couple of times. So yeah, it'll be good fun once again. Loved the sport off the coast paddle. That'd be great, enjoyable fun times. But I wish that we could just have a session a week.
Speaker 2: Get booked. Yeah, like you wear one of them. Yeah, six to seven thirty. Got to get in early, don't the Oh yeah, I got to get in. Which quarter we three?
Speaker 1: We're caught three? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah nice?
Speaker 1: Six thirty Yeah, where we've got an hour and.
Speaker 2: A half for six to seven thirty. So the seventh's booked double yep, so straight after.
Speaker 1: Seven Yeah, okay, but we'll get a little Nandino's after yeah maybe sure. Yeah that they've got a free regular side this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I got sent that as well. Yeah, yeah, so that'll be handy to the Nando's down the road.
Speaker 1: Yes there is. Yeah, so we'll be going there and that'll be great fun.
Speaker 2: Look at my I think you can use it as much as you want up into a certain date as well. I think Nando's are being generous. Let me find this, Yeah, the free side, and another and another. This is from Nando's. Hey, Dylan, what's better than a voucher for a free regular side? A voucher for a free reg side that you can use over and over and over again. And look, we know you all love our Perry Perry chips do, but maybe get that and try something new. After all, you have infinity times to use it. Simply to redeem, simply purchase any main menu item when in restaurant, or spend ten dollars ninety five when ordering via our Apple website, scan your barcode above or within the app at the count, or apply your coupon to an online order, but only until February twenty third at any Nando's restaurant in Western Australia.
Speaker 1: Right, so from data recording, we have flerty are flirty?
Speaker 2: Came your free regular side once per day at any w A Nando's until feb twenty third. Maybe we should so I'm going to have Nandos ten days. Them they're so flirty.
Speaker 1: We follow them. They like us, We.
Speaker 2: Like them, Nando's free side's crazy because they used to do shit.
Speaker 1: Like that very often. Remember the meals they like a twelve ninety five, You get a good meal. That's the only gripe I have. Is the cost of Nando's now is a bit arm and leggy. Yep, it's a bit armen leggy. But we still love them. And look, even though times can be tough with money, we'll still find ourselves that and.
Speaker 2: I'll still give them my loyalty. Thing, bro, it's kind of you know, talking to I'm in the leg. You know, we tried a new pile shop yesterday. You guys might have seen the video. It's very nice, aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Angel would in Leederville.
Speaker 2: You know, it's in a good spot, great staff, and the piles were good. You know, I was expecting more, yes because I was expecting sort of a five out of five, out of five, ten out of ten pie. But the thing, and I mentioned this to Jamo yesterday. Now, this is no knock on them because lots of you know, they're going for a premium pie fair enough, and you know, I'll probably go back and try another pie sometime. But so I got a pie and a drink, right and it came to nineteen dollars. That's too much. Yeah, I don't want my pie being eleven dollars fifty Because I can get a four out of five pie, I can get it. I can get an eight out of ten pie for six dollars, I really can. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: And what's the going rate for a regular coffee these days?
Speaker 2: It's got to be yeah, five, six, So the coffee was probably even a bit.
Speaker 1: Of more too, because my pie was eleven. What was your chucking milk five for I think I've had fifteen, so it's probably four. That's good, you know, it's overs, but it's still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my coffee was so like, you know, no, they can set their own prices, aware that to judge those prices too. And I just think the magic in the in the pie is that it's affordable, and yeah, that's the magic in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like we said, they've gone for that premium type.
Speaker 2: Of exactly thing. So a lot of people love it, yeah, and I like it. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I like love it.
Speaker 1: Sky Diving update deal. So I put the call out there last week and thanks to the people who reached out. I'm not closing the door on. I'm not going to say a competition winner, because it's just hanging out with me. For we have a man who reached out and he did he said in April, be best for him. Now I got an extension once again. So the problem that we had was I got this from my eighteenth birthday. It had a three year like valid coupon length. Got to the third year and I was like, shit, it's about to expire. I'm going to contact them and get it extended. Lovely. So they were lovely and gave me another two years that twenty twenty three, so end of twenty twenty three. For some reason, my stupid, stupid little brain thought that it was to the end of twenty twenty five. But that's a mega extension.
Speaker 2: That's four years.
Speaker 1: But that's one of these new AFL contracts.
Speaker 2: Everyone's a ten year fucking contract these days.
Speaker 1: Bro. Anyway, so that wasn't the case. Turns out it's been expired for year and a half. Yep, And I'm thinking, well, this is really poor from me, so I scrambled. It's probably the most desperate email I've ever written.
Speaker 2: At least they were kind about it.
Speaker 1: They were kind I have to pay the difference. It's funny, like we talk about how prices have gone up. The price for the exact same thing that mum bought in twenty eighteen now is seventy dollars more, which is okay, it's not too bad, So I'll pay the seventy bucks. And yeah, I think we have someone that I'm going to do it with. Yep. I've been in private talks with them as well to figure out when we want to do it, because ideally I want to do it sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: He already has already bought it or is he waiting to.
Speaker 1: Buy it now? We're going to get a date and then we'll do it. We can either do it on his twenty first birthday it's good, which he wants to do, or we can do it, you know, in a few weeks time. Hang it out the way, like it'd be cool to do it in summer, you know, blue skies. April is usually a good month. Yeah, sometimes you can get any week or something because you're starting to move towards that winter period. But yeah, just trying to figure out a date for that. But I do have someone in mind. We might be able to add one more onto that. I don't want it to get too messy though, you know what I mean, too many people, too much logistics. Yep, So I don't know. Skydiving will happen though, and I will make a video out of it, so that would be great.
Speaker 2: There you go, mate. This man known as one of the luckiest men that's ever lived.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, here's the real story.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeakay Frayne slak. Where's frame Croatian music teacher, all right Frayne. Now, he survived a plane crash in nineteen sixty three. He was thrown from the malfunctioning plane and landed in a haystack. The crush nineteen.
Speaker 1: People Fraine in a haystack.
Speaker 2: Boy, He's also survived a train crash, a bus crash, several car crashes, and several explosions.
Speaker 1: Wait, just quickly, it's called luck. He's a lucky guy. Yep, Damn, he's unlucky as well.
Speaker 2: No, he was hit by a bus and lost control of his car, which landed in a tree. His car caught fire twice, but he managed to escape both times. In two thousand and three, at the age of seventy two, he won the lottery. He chose to live a modest life, donated most of his winnings to charitable causes.
Speaker 1: All Right, this guy's awesome.
Speaker 2: So this guy he lived to eighty seven.
Speaker 1: We have a friend in our friend group, Zach, who's severely unlucky. A lot of things don't go his way, and there's a lot of unlucky things that happen. Maybe this is his story, and this will happen one day he'll win the lotto.
Speaker 2: Bro nineteen sixty two, riding on a train through a cold, rainy canyon and the train flew off the tracks and crashed in the river. An unknown person pulled Selac to safety, while seventeen other passengers drowned. I had a broken arm in Hypothnia. The next year. During his first and only plane ride, he was blown out of a malfunctioning plane and landed in a haystack.
Speaker 1: Like what I wonder if he's had like a few of these experiences and then he's put a bit of mail on it and made it sound better.
Speaker 2: And when he won the lottery, it was a million dollars US worth. Okay, I like that he's given some of the charity. If you know he's seventy two. He's probably he's knocked off a few life stories already. At the time of his win, he also married for the fifth time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you had four unlucky marriages there too.
Speaker 2: So he's really an opportunistic guy.
Speaker 1: He's lived life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got more than nine lives bro to the fullest.
Speaker 1: He's done everything and more not that people you know, aspire to be blown out of a plane and land in a haystack, or getting a car accident and go through a tree and all this stuff. But I don't know, there's just something about it. I don't know, because it honestly, it felt like a story from the fake news game that we do. Yeah, and I wonder if he's made it sound he.
Speaker 2: Could have some onto it. We don't know, even if he only one of them's happened. Yeah, it's still crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you go on a plane again? If you we're in a plane.
Speaker 1: Crash or does anyone die? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just not you? Oh, because if you say no, right, that's tough being in Perth. Yeah, I fucking going anywhere?
Speaker 1: Oh well, ideally I would just say, oh, well that's the one in a million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the chances of you being involved in another plane crash are probably zero.
Speaker 1: And if I keep surviving plane crashes, are win the lotto one day, so it's actually not yep, not half bad. And this other one.
Speaker 2: In twenty eighteen, a woman found alive in a morgue fridge in South Africa. So that makes me dead by paramedics after a car crash.
Speaker 1: Imagine her waking up freezing.
Speaker 2: A worker found her in the morgue breathing.
Speaker 1: She's just like freezing. Sorry for those who aren't watching you wake up in the morgue, you're just like you look around black.
Speaker 2: You would better, would just be black?
Speaker 1: Yeah? True? Do you think my dad yourself out? Probably not my dead?
Speaker 2: No, I reckon. They're locks from the outside. Oh, bro, imagine all the people who've been locked in there alive and long long weekend, so you literally just freeze to death or die of speak bro, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you can. You know how people get claustrophone put.
Speaker 2: A button in there? Yeah, just a like mistake.
Speaker 1: Ye, that would happen. We just would never know.
Speaker 2: I guess that's the problem.
Speaker 1: We're not going to know. It would have to be such a low number.
Speaker 2: And the hospital are going to report it. They're going to go funk with some people. We don't want to get shut down. Some people's heart can stop beating and then you know, five minutes and then their back.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 2: How can that changes you, bro?
Speaker 1: You know I've talked about it years ago on the show, But getting buried alive, I used to have dreams of that all.
Speaker 2: It's just horrible.
Speaker 1: I had a dream I was in fight last night. Yeah to go, I did pretty well, nice and look like this probably wouldn't happen in real life. But like I had this fight. I don't know if it was north Bridge, but it was just in the in some type of city. And King's Cross adds some juice to the story. Bro. Cross had King hit because I held my own and the guy ended up running away. So I think, you know, the crowds on my side, he's running away. I didn't even know him either, Like it was just it's just his time to get a random generated person in my dream. But I wonder what the symbolism of that is, Like why no I was watching I watched a couple of fight videos on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Before bed videos.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's a thing like whatever you watch or do an hour before bed. Sometimes that can creep into your dreams. We used to watch them sick sick fights, bum fights too.
Speaker 2: Not to be rude, they were. It was called bum fight. Yeah, not calling the series saying that's what the name of the series was. It was homeless pece homeless people fighting, and then there was also the cribs, so that guy would go around to homeless people's get.
Speaker 1: Up somewhat awesome.
Speaker 2: Some of them were honestly decent. They've actually they've got TVs and ship. They've made under the bridge a home one hundred percent, and I kind of respect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's making the best out of the bad.
Speaker 2: Fellon fights is crazy. It's like they've just got out of prison and then they get contacted and yeah, they want to fucking fight on camera.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these are felons too. These are like those American felons what you're thinking of, like head taps, like they don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Bro. Let's play the story game. Deal, let's play it. We have put these together. I have my two fakes and one truth ready to go.
Speaker 2: You first this time?
Speaker 1: All right, you want me to read first.
Speaker 2: I want you to read. I've read first, I think last week.
Speaker 1: All right, no worries. Let me turn my chair so I can get a bit. Okay, let me just pick which one I want to do first.
Speaker 2: So there's two fakes and one true, just so you guys know to.
Speaker 1: Pick the true story. Two of them have been created by chat GPT and.
Speaker 2: Then crying to me, yeah, and then me find a real one.
Speaker 1: All right that we verify? Yes, all right? Man band from All you can Eat buffet after eating too much okay. Birmingham man has been banned for life from an all you eat restaurant after consuming an unreasonable amount of food. Judge that. James Wilkins twenty seven says he was enjoying a casual dinner at the Golden Dragon Buffet when staff suddenly asked him to leave after his sixth plate. So six Chinese plates, right, Okay, that's okay. Restaurant owner Lin Xiang claims Wilkins was taking advantage of their business. The restaurant stands by its decision, with Jang adding we're a business and not a food bank. Okay. You know sometimes those Chinese as Chinese owners can be quiet, yeah, protective, that's true. Nationwide power outage in Sri Lanka blamed on a monkey. Okay, millions were left without power during the blackout, which began on Sunday in twenty twenty five February, so pretty recent a monkey has been blamed for causing a nation wide blackout in Sri Lanka. Then the island's names twenty two million residents. I didn't know they had that many people.
Speaker 2: I didn't know either. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Twenty two meals they're up around like our numbers.
Speaker 2: Beautiful place apparently too.
Speaker 1: So twenty two million residents were mostly left without power during the outage which began. That's crazy to think twenty two million, and it's a lot because power outa just happened here. It's like a thousand homes. So the monkey fucked shit up? Or did it? Or did it? The country's energy minister, Kumara Jaya Cody, told reporters that the blackout was caused when a monkey came into contact with a grid transformer near the island's executive and judicial capital, Colombo yep Ye. Power was returned to some areas within hours, but many households were left without electricity until late on Sunday. So it was just like from morning till night. Gotcha and that starty number three story Number three flight delayed for two hours after passenger mistakes emergency exit for toilet door. A flight from Heathrow to MAJORCA was delayed for nearly two hours after a passenger mistakingly tried to open the emergency exit thinking it was the toilet door. According to passengers, the man, described as being in his late seventies, stood up shortly after boarding and confidently walked towards what he believed to be the restroom. Ignoring the large emergency exit sign, he attempted to pull the handle, setting off alarms and causing mild panic amongst passengers and crew. The mistake forced the airline to conduct additional safety checks, delaying the flight by nearly two hours. The airline later confirmed that while the incident was accidental, passengers remained were reminded to pay closer attention to onboard signage. Next time. Yep, and that's that one. So man pulls the thing thinking he's going into the toilet. N naw, old granddad, old granddad. So I read the headlines out for once again, man banned from All you can eat buffet after eating too much. Then we had the nationwide power outage in Sri Lanka blamed on a monkey. And then we had flight delayed for two hours after passenger mistakes emergency exit for toilet door. All right, it's the initial thing.
Speaker 2: The initial thinking is the first one's fake Chinese one.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm tossing up between.
Speaker 1: What were you accused on that one? Was that you think that's something GPT would make or it's.
Speaker 2: Not a bad story. I'm just not buying it. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. And the other two I always think with some of these stories, how do they make the news? Like?
Speaker 1: How does that make the news?
Speaker 2: But the other two are both newsworthy. And I know these subcontinent places to have trouble with their electricity too, I know they do. They got them old power lines everywhere.
Speaker 1: A little bit of an interlude for you guys while doing.
Speaker 2: Things, all right, I might lock in real real Lanka.
Speaker 1: Well done?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Oh?
Speaker 1: That was that was close?
Speaker 2: Because the third one was very believable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first one I just felt there was too much of the mini detail in yep. But the second two I really was tossing up.
Speaker 1: Too much of the mini detail, as in, like restaurant that.
Speaker 2: Was sure, just like it just felt, but the other two felt like they could be more real.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell you guys what I did as well. So the first one was Perth man band from All you Can Eat Buffet, But I was like, if it happened.
Speaker 2: In Perth, you would have heard, So you just changed it.
Speaker 1: And then I had to change the bloke's name and the restaurant. I had to take a fair chunk out of the story as well. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other, the aeroplane one was a good fake store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was good that because I used Birmingham before it said a flight from Birmingham to MAYORCA. Yeah, but I changed it to Heathrow.
Speaker 2: That one felt very like it could happen.
Speaker 1: And it was supposed to be the man was in his late forties, but I changed to seventies the granddad, and I think that actually helped a little bit to get you a bit closer. You win. So you're two from three, you take that.
Speaker 2: I haven't, and I was disappointed last week not getting the other one as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not on the board. I don't claim to be good at this game, but I would love to get one to get on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because once it like say you get this week wrong, oh and three, and then the pressure really builds, like because then it's like how long can you go?
Speaker 1: No, we don't do it again. I don't get it today, all right, all right? And I'm just thinking like people because some of these other people would know straightaway. Yeah, but you know, we're trying to make it.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I don't watch a lot of the news anymore myself, Like I used to watch the news all the time as a kid. Now I'm just I can't be bothered.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, all right.
Speaker 2: Ry Number one mum outraged by son's bizarre favorite toy. A mother in Adelaide expressed her confusion and frustration after her son became fixated on a small rubber dinosaur toy found inside a two dollar bath bomb, ignoring his more expensive Christmas presents. After the toy was lost, the child had a meltdown, prompting a forty five minute search. The incident resonated with many parents who shared similar experiences.
Speaker 1: Story two, I re confessone's fake. That's his gut feeling.
Speaker 2: Man fine for using mannequin as a passenger in carpool lane. A driver in California was pulled over and fined after authorities discovered he was using a dressed up mannequin to cheat the carpool lane. The man had placed sunglasses and a hoodie on the mannequin to make it appear lifelike. When questioned, he admitted he'd been using it for months to avoid traffic. Story Number three. Town installs traffic lights with emoji symbols to improve road safety. In an effort to make traffic signals more engaging and understandable, a town in Sweden has replaced traditional traffic light symbols with emojis. Green lights display smiling faces, while red lights show frowning faces. Officials claim the initiative has reduced traffic violations and made commuting more enjoyable for residents. Okay, we actually have a version of that here, you know, in the backstreets and there's like a sign and if you're going it tells you like slow down and the.
Speaker 1: Smile yeah yeah, okay. In my heart, they all feel like GPT okay, but better. Obviously that's just a stupid heart. Stupid heart. So can you read the headline for the first one? One?
Speaker 2: More time, please, Mum outraged by Sun's bizarre favorite toy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be a Karen mum, but I'm just like gut instinct. Was that one sounded like the wording sounded like stories I've seen on chat GPT, So that's why I'm ruling that out. Now we have the other two. Sorry, can I get the headlines one more time for two and three?
Speaker 2: Story number two was man fined for using mannequin as a passenger in carpool lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Story number three town installs traffic lights with emoji symbols to improve road safety.
Speaker 1: Look, Sweden do things like that, Like Scandinavia do things like that. And I've seen reports not of that, but of similar type of little quips they have. But the carpool one, I can see that happening in America one hundred percent. However, that could that suck at chat GPT one? But is it? Oh? This is tough. I hate not having like a hand to hold onto and this stuff happens. No caller friend, nah, no caller friends. We should do that once and get wrong on the other.
Speaker 2: And he can help both.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but he would be the most He would be really bad at this game, he would no doubt. Okay, so I'm going to go number two is the true story, So you're going with the mannequin. The true story is story one.
Speaker 2: Wow, Adelaide Mum adelaide dot com. That are you in the advertiser.
Speaker 1: I've ruled it out.
Speaker 2: I thought that the story three would get you. I thought that was a really good fake. It likes with emojis.
Speaker 1: The only thing that didn't get me was when it said that it actually had improved, Like okay, yeah, yeah, I'm like, well that's just come on the how.
Speaker 2: That's a bit yeah, but the see, because when you include America in anything, it makes it like you don't know what to believe.
Speaker 1: Bro, I just genuinely believed it, and I was like, well, that could have happened.
Speaker 2: You've got to beat the now this game has taken a new over. Next week you could possibly go oh and four, bro, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think I'm pretty sure there was an AFL team that went on four and on a flag?
Speaker 2: Didn't Brisbane?
Speaker 1: I think they were? Were they and five? I'm sweet? Then, boy, you give me two more weeks. You know what, I'm gonna go on six and win. Oh damn, I got done by the game again. Yep, yep, embarrassing one. Hey, Siri, how do you say embarrassing in Spanish?
Speaker 2: In Spanish? Embarrassing is.
Speaker 1: Na?
Speaker 2: They only were three, you know? Then they won?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have to win next week.
Speaker 2: They actually went to be fair, they were three and two in round there were they were two wins, three losses in round five. I thought they were like, oh, and I swear that's what the media made them out to be.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the latter two and three, bro, I wonder what the listeners were thinking with the stories then, like, I wonder, what is there a way that we can find out what they what way they were going before finding out the end.
Speaker 2: I guess they could just tell us and we take their word.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, send it in or maybe we could even see. It's a little bit long for TikTok, but it's also the problem would be good. It was good, but it's too long. It's tough. Yeah, I think we can do TikTok's up to ten minutes, but it is too long for engagement. Although some videos we've seen can do long, lengthy things and everyone watches. But hey, all right, we're gonna because we've done a short turnaround. Our Spanish teachers haven't been able to send us the stuff for this week, so we've actually asked chat GPT once again and they've done two little segments for us here. The only thing is that the pronunciation might be off because we don't have our teat, but we're going to learn these phrases anyway. Now this is from chat GPT. They said how to survive a night out in Spain. So they've given us three phrases to get through a night out like this in Espanol. So we're going to start off with where's the best bar? Because that's great. You know, you're in Barthelona and you say don de esta el meho bar, don de esther esther el mejo, do you reckon? That's that's going to be a silent jay In Spanish, it always is right esther el mejo. I love how they've got a question mark upside down before.
Speaker 2: The day that I need another drinko corpaso coppa.
Speaker 1: It's a necessity, necessito coppa. Can I get a kebab where I'm not a big like kebab guy I.
Speaker 2: Used to be, but then Carl's uncle ruined it for me when we were in Italy. He just said, yeah, Bro, he just said, there's I don't know, like feces found. I don't know, just you know when you hear certain things and you turned you off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So let's go through again and chat. GPT says roleplayer scenario where one of you is a confused tourists. Now, I can't really do too much Spanish free flow, free style, so I'm going to do it in English, okay, and so I'm going to you can ask me where the best bar is, and then I'm just going to respond in English. Okay, Okay, Wait, I'll try and do it in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Year then I forgot it.
Speaker 1: Then you just gotta start swinging in Yeah. In Barcelona, Bro, don de est ehor bar?
Speaker 2: I want to know what the right what the right rhythm for that phrase is mehor? And I heard from Megan in one of these that when you're asking a question, or it might have even been Maddy d yep, you have to your last word goes up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, don bar something like this, that's a question. Don don de esta el mehor bar.
Speaker 2: Necessso copas.
Speaker 1: Copra copa?
Speaker 2: What was necessito coppa chick up another drink? Girl, thank you please?
Speaker 1: I like it? Bro? You can you can drop a graphia grass where or concept? So we can just take kebab off and change it into a different food.
Speaker 2: Then Puerto con say good said.
Speaker 1: Beer? Can I get a why is it different? Actually? When we learned? Can I get a beer?
Speaker 2: That was passed me? A?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Maybe? Next week is the week that we'll go through everything we've learned and put it into conversation. Nice, nice, Yeah, because I feel like last week we even admitted that we felt last week.
Speaker 2: Last week was a step back. There's no doubt about that. Yeah, but it's also we haven't been revising. We'll be honest, we haven't been revising. Last week was a step back.
Speaker 1: And then we also if I go down, I got them to do another lesson for us so we can quickly go through this one. This week's theme surviving a bad date in Spain. We'll never need this, Okay, this can be for you guys, if you ever had a bad date, if you ever travel to Spain, Spain, this is not going well is the first phrase Eston novapien.
Speaker 2: Estone, nova bien Eston.
Speaker 1: So this is when you call up you call up your girlfriend. You call up your boyfriend or your mate. I meant like the girls calling up their girlfriend during the date they've gone to the bathroom. Estonien, this is not going esodo, So I need to leave now? Nessito soso? Is I need? That reminds me of aloha.
Speaker 2: My friend is calling me. It's an emergency, Mi amigo, so my friend esther. Ye, I'm just gonna ilamandoagend is that two els? I can't? Or is it an iron L?
Speaker 1: I think there the same size. I'm just going to go.
Speaker 2: Lamando be a capital I lower case L.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yamando is una emergency.
Speaker 1: Yesta lamando nice emergency emergency, emergency, emergency emergency.
Speaker 2: So what's necessito me? I need like necessito?
Speaker 1: Yeah, necessito. I like it like a necessity. Yeah, the necessity Emergentia. What a language?
Speaker 2: It is an elite language. It's an elite lang.
Speaker 1: I want to go to Columbia. I wonder what type of calamby. I wonder what type of Spanish they speak. Obviously it would be a slightly different they'd have their own slang with as well. Ye, I've watched so many drug shows, Lambie if you haven't watched Narcos. Great show if you want another drug show. Snowfall elite show. Some great acting in Snowfall. Did he win any awards for that, Damns and Idris. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Maybe he won a few English ones.
Speaker 1: He's also playing and oh he's doing a F one.
Speaker 2: Movie yep, with Brad Pitt that looks elite bro Dams and looks elite. Awards for Snowfall, let's have a look.
Speaker 1: See what he won. Yeah, the BET Award for Best Actor twenty twenty three, so that's English. And then he won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series twenty four. Not sure what that award is, but great actor.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for that. F one movie should be good.
Speaker 1: F one movie would be great. Be good. Next week we'll give you guys an updates on how paddle went with rog and Pete. We're getting closer and closer to getting Rog on in some capacity. I feel it, feel it, I feel it. In these days, he finishes his Uni degree. I think he told me he graduates in November or December this year. Yep, yep. Yeah, So once he's done that, maybe he'll be a bit more free as a bird.
Speaker 2: He's gone to Germany too. That much change a boy he is, that's crazy. Rog in Germany beat everyone out to it as well, I know, beat everyone, beat everyone, beat everyone, beat everyone.
Speaker 1: And Tom, Yeah, there you go. Tom didn't make it, Rog, did you? Girls didn't make it? Rog did soot speak on his character. Oh that was so funny Saturday night speak on his character. I say so. Basically, there's two girls who we know, and.
Speaker 2: They go to Josh's university, right, Josh's university and that yeah, they study the same thing.
Speaker 1: Josh does physiotherapy, right. And there was this thing where you can select a mate and you can try and bid to go to Germany for physio on a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people applied and now not a lot gotta Yes.
Speaker 1: They check your stats so they see like your course grade average, and they just checked to see how you're going.
Speaker 2: You also write up a little application of why you're the.
Speaker 1: Best fit for this exactly, and Josh reckons that's what edged him over the line, right, speak on his character. Now. Basically, the girls wanted to know on Saturday Night Josh wasn't at this event. They asked me, They said, can you ask Josh what his course grade average was, which is his score? And his was I don't know if he wants us to tell, but seventy five. That's a score. Seventy five point six to three.
Speaker 2: That's a good score.
Speaker 1: He emphasized that on the phone. So Rog was drunk Saturday night, you know, have it at a Bucks party, Roger, I was with it. And then he yeah, prior to seeing you, was on the phone. And then he goes, yeah, James James, because he calls me James for fun. Then he goes, James James, speak on my character. Speak on my character. You must tell them about my character. And the funny thing was the girls had seventy six and seventy five as their scores, so they were thinking, why didn't we get to go? It's the character. It is the character. Rog's mate didn't go, the girls didn't go. Rog's character gets him through Bro believe it or not. Rog's character gets him through Probably chat gpt'ed it too.
Speaker 2: The prick because Rog appreciates a moment.
Speaker 1: He does and Germany is going to be a big moment. Yes, And I wish we had all the money in the world to see him there Oh, imagine if we followed Rog to Germany and did a full roglog.
Speaker 2: If he'd be pissed off Rog's vlogs.
Speaker 1: Imagine if he became a social media star log How good would that be? Waken up at am, I've had my protein smoothie after run off to run after study. Now it's seventh anti. All right, that's it for this episode. We hope you enjoyed it great at flowed well really enjoyed it. And yeah, I hope you guys have a lovely week. We appreciate you very much. Like subscribe, follow, do all that good stuff, and you know what, do a rating if you're new to the show, give us a rating on Spotify, Apple Podcasts. Our first couple of years, we flew off with the ratings and they're still strong. You look at some other big podcasts, and our ratings are good, no doubt about that. Regardless, have a good week, guys, enjoy yourself. Much love,