Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show. We're talking about terrible job interviews thirteen twenty four ten. Have you been in one? Have you conducted one? Have you driven away in the middle of one? Like maybe someone in this studio has.
Speaker 2: I look forward to hearing about that.
Speaker 1: The reason we're talking about this is an article that's just been published, a viral text message exchange has gone, has taken the world by.
Speaker 3: Storm, and we are going we're going to re enact it.
Speaker 1: We're going to role play Jack. Yes, and I'm going to play the role of the applicant.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to play the role of the recruiter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you're not show how these things work, the recruiter. So I'm the applicant. I go to the recruiter, I say I would like a job. These are my skills. The recruiter finds a job for you. You go to the interview, but the company contacts the recruiting company, not you, to tell you that your successful or not.
Speaker 5: So this message, this phone is in the hands of you swanning the applicant, But the recruiter sends a message saying, hey, Catherine just tried to call you.
Speaker 2: I am sorry to say you didn't get the job. I just heard from.
Speaker 1: Them, and then I say, it's a shame. Really thought it went well? Did they say why?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They said they absolutely loved meeting you, but your questions were too financially orientated.
Speaker 3: What on earth does that mean?
Speaker 2: Apparently you ask about money a lot? Is that true?
Speaker 1: That's not what Apparently you asked about money a lot?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that? Applicant? You know the question what can you bring to the role? Yeah, I'll answer that in a minute, but how much are you going to give me?
Speaker 1: And it is It's an easy mistake to make because, of course, the bottom line is we work for money, absolutely, like you know, our work for example, is a joy. But they're being times where really I'm just I'm just looking half of the money. I've had some terrible job interviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me one, give me one.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got two.
Speaker 1: I mean there's probably more, but these are the top two worst beteen twenty four ten. By the way, have you endured a terrible job interview? And generally by terrible, I mean were you terrible? You shameful? That's what I'm talking about here. I went for an interview. It was back when I was looking for a job in advertising, and the guy was very weird during the during the interview, and I thought, oh god, he just hates me.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he left the room and I thought, what's going on?
Speaker 1: And I looked down and my entire shirt was open down to the last button. I got a brand new shirt, and my boobs had completely busted out.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you didn't say you've got it for me, he walked in.
Speaker 3: It's not nineteen sixty anyway.
Speaker 1: The other one I had was I was there used to be a thing in the olden days called video stores, and I went for a job at Video Easy. Oh great, And the guys that run it took it so seriously.
Speaker 3: Which is great.
Speaker 1: It's there's small business or whatever, but come on, it's a video rental shop.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: They were like gamer types and they take those jobs seriously.
Speaker 3: So seriously.
Speaker 1: So the interview had been going for forty five minutes to an hour at a video store man. Anyway, they were asking questions like, you know, what could you bring to this role, and you know what makes you tick and all this sort of stuff, and about halfway through I just went, you know what, I don't want this job. I don't want to ever see you again. So I said, I don't know why. I said, I can hear my phone ringing in my car. I got I did.
Speaker 5: Did you not realize that they would understand that they could also hear that phone should have been ringing at that stage.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to go, and I made something up and then I went to my car and I drove away.
Speaker 2: That is so. That is Pete Koty created to be seen again.
Speaker 5: I love it so much. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Tell us about your bad job interview. We might give you a pass to the movies giving giving me a brought up videos.
Speaker 3: The greasiest one show.
Speaker 1: A viral at text exchange is taking the work by storm. A recruiter has had to say to their applicant.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I've heard from the from the company and you did not get the interview because all you talked about was money, which is probably a mistake that applicant will not make again. Thirteen twenty four ten. What is the worst interview that you've ever experienced? Hello, Mandy, Hello, when I said.
Speaker 6: I love your show, just tell you that I when I first came to Australia about twenty five years ago. I had a job interview at a graphic design studio, A beautiful offers, a beautiful white everything was white, white lambshade, white disc everything was beautiful and white. Anyway, had the interview and back in those days you filled out everything by hand, falls by hand, and.
Speaker 4: There was a pen holder on the desk and I picked up a pen and it didn't work. So I gave it a good shake and it fill didn't work. And then I realized that one of those old pins where the back had flown out, and ink had flown every week nowhere in the keyboard, on the beautiful lampshade, absolutely everywhere, And they just told me to get.
Speaker 1: Out, really before you'd even had a crack at the interview.
Speaker 4: Yep, I destroyed their office.
Speaker 5: I think that's the worst sort of place to damage the surroundings because people in those offices, like graphic designers and stuff, they care about their surroundings.
Speaker 4: Yea, as was black ink everywhere.
Speaker 6: I don't even know. I just got out of it.
Speaker 4: I was so speat.
Speaker 3: Is that your personality?
Speaker 1: Many like you're like me, Like wherever you go, there's mess like, you know, next time you turned up for work, if you got the job, you would have had dog poo on your foot and then you would have walked that all through the office.
Speaker 4: I can't I can't heat without stopping my.
Speaker 2: Food on me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, you're going to send you a double past to Gladiated to exclusive to Cinemas.
Speaker 2: Now let's go to Rachel h Raight.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, Hi, well you were something went wrong in a video interview. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was me and the screen and once you press start, you couldn't go back, and it started recording you and a question would come up on the screen. You'd have to read it, and then within thirty seconds you'd have to start giving your answer. And halfway through my answer, I forgot what the question was. And let's just say I did not get the job.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds very anxiety inducing.
Speaker 7: It was horrible. And normally you talk back and forth with the interviewer and you you know, you get can you listen?
Speaker 2: And you it was it was Rachel, what job were you going for?
Speaker 7: It was for a teaching role.
Speaker 2: No, it shouldn't be a computer operated it should be face to face with the principal or something.
Speaker 3: Rackley I've never heard of such a thing. That is crazy.
Speaker 2: A double pass to see Gladiated too for you too, Race.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I wouldn't cope with that.
Speaker 1: I'd be I'd just be either rambling like an idiot or just staring at the green like huh.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I just shut the computer down.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not Hypertina. Hello, how are you going good lady? What happened?
Speaker 8: I went to an interview for an interior design position and it was going fine, and then they said, yeah, we just require you to wear makeup and whenever you wear skirts, must have stockings underneath. And I went, oh, sorry, I'm not going to waste any more of your time. When I walked out, that.
Speaker 3: Is a very odd request for an interior designer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I thought so too. I thought it's got nothing to do with my skills.
Speaker 2: So so ya Sala.
Speaker 9: The Creasy Swan Show, The Creasy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Everyone is talking about Troy Savanna at the moment. Oh my god, you were at the show last night?
Speaker 3: Was it amazing?
Speaker 5: It was unbelievable, like one of my favorite shows concerts I've ever been. So it was it Sydney my music Bow in Melbourne, outdoors. The vibe, night warm night, the vibe was just unmatched. It was like a festival.
Speaker 1: It was so fun gone, how gorgeous, and an audience full of young whipper snappers, no doubt full of days.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my favorite.
Speaker 1: And of course, after his amazing speech at the Arias, he's really he's really kicking some goals, you know. Anyway, he's revealed a very harrowing story about his father, his head and a nail gun.
Speaker 10: He got shot in the head with a nail gun I like a five centime and now went into his brain and had to have like emergency surgery and he's completely fine.
Speaker 2: It's like a miracle.
Speaker 10: I want to see.
Speaker 1: I love I've sort of noticed seen a lot of troic mately. He just says sort of shocking, weird things. They just come out of his MiG At the Arias. It was a really personal story that you would tell, you know, to maybe a handful of people, and it's just he just blurts it out. And then he's having this, you know, presumably quite a civilized interview, and he goes, yeah, my dad got shot in the head with an ailbun.
Speaker 5: You're right, it's the delivery is so nonchalant and it's no filter.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know if I should be saying this. Oh it's stuff, and I'm going to say it.
Speaker 5: And then a graphic appeared of the nail in his dad's.
Speaker 3: Head and that is deep in there. How does that even happen?
Speaker 5: How do you like live through that? That looks like it would go into the brain.
Speaker 3: But I think it did. I think it did go. Like it was.
Speaker 1: It was very very serious and as he said, an absolute miracle. I am terrified of workshop tools and appliances.
Speaker 3: I really really am.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I mow my own lawn now, but even then, like I did it yesterday, Yeah, I had to, Like I can make sure I had shoot like proper covered toes.
Speaker 5: We need to get you some steel caps. Maybe I do need that, yeah, because then you'll feel safe, you know that your toes are okay.
Speaker 3: I'm the concentration.
Speaker 1: I've got my tongue out and we'll look looking at my feet, looking at the blades. I take it very very seriously because I don't trust myself with power tools. I know that I'm an accident waiting to happen. Absolutely, have you ever.
Speaker 2: I'm getting scared walking into my dad's shed.
Speaker 3: Good, he's good on the tool, David.
Speaker 5: I see like the soar on the bench and every I'm like, oh, even just the sight of the blade, that drop was that one?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I feel like they should be reserved for horror films.
Speaker 3: And that's all I agree.
Speaker 2: Nail guns should be like illegal. They just look scary.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're right, you could kill someone with one.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Have you had a mishap with a power tool? We want to hear about it and will give you a prize to make you feel better.
Speaker 3: Gruesome plus please the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the times that you've had to run with a power tool in the shared or in the workshop and you've come off second best. Troy sevarm'sdad did just that and ended up with a nail gun in his head.
Speaker 10: He got shot in the head with a nail gun.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm in an now way into his brain and had like emergency surgery and he's completely fine. It's like a miracle. I want to see.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I love that we've got the outcome, but I want to know how this happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and where was choice Seavan's mother at the time. That's what I would like to know.
Speaker 1: How does a nail from an our gun end up in the back of a man's head.
Speaker 5: His mom's so cool. She would have been like out shopping or at a gig or something. She's a vibe thirty twenty four to ten. What happened with the power tool?
Speaker 3: What happened Mikayla.
Speaker 9: So I was camping with my partner for my very first time as well, and we're sitting around the fire. It was pitch black at night. I had songs on and I've gotten up to walk through to the toilet and as I've gone around the camp chair, he had his retractable score against it. Yeah, and I've kicked the handle of it and it slipped the blade up and cut open the side of my ankle, the back of my ankle and a bunch of blade marks across as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I'm sorry, I am beachless.
Speaker 1: I knew I hated camping, but now I really really hate it so much.
Speaker 2: That was your first mistake, Makayla, going camping. Can I just say I've.
Speaker 9: Been excited to go camping for my whole life. Anyway, that was a one to remember.
Speaker 3: Were you in the middle of nowhere? How did you get some medical attention?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: I didn't until like the next day, like later the next day. What so it was a Saturday night and I didn't get I went got back into like the community area late Sunday avote. But I didn't actually end up going into the doctors till Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Mikayla, I would have required a chopper.
Speaker 3: And what what were the what were the wounds in the end? Were their stitches and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 9: I did need stitches, but because of how late I left it, they just wanted to glue it up or butterfly stitch it.
Speaker 3: And what does it look like now?
Speaker 9: A decent scar, A couple of decent scars.
Speaker 3: Did you leave that? Did you leave that partner? No?
Speaker 9: No, we both decided it's Christy fifty fault.
Speaker 2: Wow, poucher for you, Michayla. Let's go.
Speaker 3: We could see that all unfolding.
Speaker 2: I can feel it like my achilles is and.
Speaker 3: My toes is bunched up.
Speaker 11: Hi, Daniella, Hey guys, this is a pretty gross one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't think I can do gross, No, I can.
Speaker 2: I've seen I've seen a word here. I want to hear about it.
Speaker 11: So my dad used to work in Another twelve and they have they have meat grinders and meat saws. One of the guys that he was working alongside was sawing some meat and he accidentally thought off his finger. So while they rushed him onto the hospital, my dad was designator. It was designated to look for the finger amongst all the meat. He found it.
Speaker 5: Christy's taking Chris, he's taking her headphones off because she can't hear it.
Speaker 2: So wait, your dad had to go through through the meat. Yes, what kind of meat like sausage?
Speaker 11: It was a pig of ittires and he had to go through all the to the finger. He found it. Yeah, he found it. He brought they brought it back to the hospital and they actually put it back on. How effective that finger was, I'm not too short sating.
Speaker 2: It's a happy ending.
Speaker 5: They found a finger and then they put it back on. And now he's got his finger and it smells like pork.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swim Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 1: For more great comedy shows like this, head to a Nova podcast dot com.
Speaker 9: Do you