Speaker 1: Lately welcome Late Debates.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company on the late Debate. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. The US anthem is the star Spangled banner right, Well at the weekend it was the star strangled banner.
Speaker 3: A terrible rendition. We'll show you that a little later.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at the papers, the Muslim vote looks to be imploding before it's even begun. And record numbers of Australians opting for gas connections in their homes despite all the fuss by climate catastrophists.
Speaker 3: We'll get to all that when we look at the papers.
Speaker 2: But first, Donald Trump, as if back from the dead, received a hero's welcome when he arrived at the Republican National Convention today, just days after surviving an assassination attempt. Trump entered the auditorium with a massive bandage on his ear and the sounds of God bless America.
Speaker 4: Please welcome the next President of the Unitedsteed, Donald J. Trump. Things from Who's This Song?
Speaker 2: So, Trump and his running mates, who will talk about in a moment, were formally endorsed as the Republican candidates and Liz. Elon Musk pledged sixty six million dollars a month in funding for the Trump campaign.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty good day for me.
Speaker 4: I can't lose with Elon Musk on your side.
Speaker 5: I mean to be honest, Watching the bits that I did of the RNC, I was a little bit surprised. Everyone knows that I loved Trump, but this is not what I was expecting from the RNC.
Speaker 4: First you've got.
Speaker 5: Amber Rose, who's a former stripper some would say porn star, getting up and endorsing Trump. Then you've got an immigrant from Nico Wagra got up and gave her story after Obviously she's a legal migrant, but Trump has been promising these mass deportations like nothing the world's ever seen before, something his VP seems to have rolled back on already. But there was also this extremely strange seekh prayer to an entity called wa Ha Guru.
Speaker 6: Tho Takama Bedi Opender Subathias Do Marteptha Hamabarkrikiarmasuka Kan.
Speaker 5: This is not what anyone is expecting at a basically a Trump conference. This is his defining moment. This is Trump's America on display. It does make me wonder whether the second Trump administration is going to look different to the first Trump administration in a.
Speaker 4: Way that people do not want or expect.
Speaker 5: I feel like they panned it at several points during this RNC. I don't think it's what the nation needs or what any true Trumpers would want to see.
Speaker 4: I don't know a national convention.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so I have nothing better to do, clearly, and I watched almost all of it this morning, and after you know, they at first they have all different governors and whatever get up and say their piece, and then once Trump came out, most of what you had, as you alluded to, Liz, was people that you wouldn't necessarily expect to endorse Trump. But I think that was a very deliberate move because what they're trying to set up. We'll get into the talk about his vice presidential pick Jady Vance in a minute, but what I felt they were trying to set up today was here was a bunch of people, and many of them who got up and spoke after Trump arrived, just out and outset it that I voted for Biden in twenty twenty, and I'm going to vote for Trump in twenty twenty four. What he's setting up is that Biden has been so bad that you now need to come and vote for me. He had a unionist to get up and speak. I mean, he wouldn't expect a unionist to go and speak to the RNC. But again, it's all about saying that we are now the party of the average person. Forget about the Democrats. They're not worried about the workers, they're not worried about the legal migrants. They're stuffing you over with all the illegal migrants. We're the party that is going to stand up for the average person. So what you saw was a series of people who really in the past wouldn't have been there, but now are the people that the Republican Party is courting, average Americans who otherwise would have voted for the Democrats.
Speaker 5: I on side of it, but that's what I mean. You're a shilling for votes. You're it is a pr stunt, of course it is. This is not very American, true Trumpers or people who fly the American five being like I'm a drump But this is not what I don't think they would have appreciated whatsoever.
Speaker 4: They're not going to change their vote.
Speaker 1: Well precisely, and you're not going to win that. On the back of it, I.
Speaker 4: Found it disappointing.
Speaker 5: You could have found other individuals who were just as happy to say I was voting for Biden. Now I'm on the Trump train and I'm not getting off without that much virtue signaling.
Speaker 2: I've got to say, with all the virtue signaling, I mean, you had strippers, you had unionists, you had was that a Buddhist or a Hindu lady doing the stamp? It was a Lutheran church minister who actually stole the show. Pastor James Ronkey have listened to this. This is just before he prayed for Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: And if I may before the benediction, give you this promise, You're going to be.
Speaker 8: So blessed.
Speaker 9: You're going to be tired of being blessed.
Speaker 1: I guarantee.
Speaker 2: It's the thing I like about that, right is Trump is in so many different ways, and usually badly. But the church minister gets up and he's taking the piss out of Donald Trump. And Trump, for the whole of what I saw of the convention, actually looked quite stunned by the reception he received. And if it's possible for Donald Trump to look humbled. He actually looked humbled in parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually looked quite emotional in parts. It as well, you would be. He got shot at the other day, right, and then he's rocked up to the rock star welcome. And I mean I say rock star welcome. The thing was like a rock concertate points. I mean you heard the band playing as he came out, and that's what they kept doing. Between every single one of these speeches. The band would fire up. And if you'd watch the footage on Sky today, like they're all up in the audience dancing pretty badly. It has to be said, some of the dancing was, but it was just it was so American, right. You watch something like that and you're like, you go to a campaign launch for the Liberal Party or the Labor Party and it's all these sort of boring people shuffling in to hear the leader talk to them. Don't do things like that in America. And of course Donald Trump didn't speak today. He will speak later in the conference, but I kind of wish he had spoken today. If he did speak today, it might have gone something like this.
Speaker 9: You can take my ears, but you cannot take my liberty. They want to cut off my ears like the Taliban. But what they don't know is my ears can grow back like SpongeBob through budding. By the way, hit me with your best shot, why don't you, Because if that's the best you got, you're a loser.
Speaker 3: You're such a loser.
Speaker 9: You missed so bigly. By the way, you had a big opportunity.
Speaker 4: You could have made my head blow up on TV. But you didn't do that, did you.
Speaker 1: Now my ear is going to grow back bigger and better.
Speaker 7: It will have better hearing.
Speaker 1: I will hear like an owl.
Speaker 4: How good is that?
Speaker 1: While we're talking about is EA being shot off? I mean, we haven't actually seen what his e looks like without that ridiculously large band dijo on it yet, but I'm sure that we might see that later in the conference, if not a little bit after. But the shooting has now turned into such a big cash cow for all these people online selling T shirts and caps and all this sort of stuff. If you go on Amazon or any of the big websites now where you buy this sort of stuff, Trump merchandise based on the attempted assassination is now the number one thing. You go on Amazon and look at themed t shirts and all the number one sellers at the moment of stuff like you can see there with Trump with his fist in the air and all this stuff based on assassination.
Speaker 3: Get mugs.
Speaker 2: You can get dog Cardiansardigan, so your dog can have the Trump stuff. It's interesting there's a debate online between media photographers trying to work out you know, it's an iconic image, but now it's being used for Trump propaganda.
Speaker 3: Strict use of the image because.
Speaker 5: Now and they're making millions of it, the amount of outlets doing this now because of course they don't care.
Speaker 4: There's money's be.
Speaker 5: Made whether they're buying voters or not. Whack those T shirts online. Long lived capitalism. But before we move on from the RNC, check out Donald Trump Junior stop to talk to an MSNBC host.
Speaker 4: And that was very gracious of him. But it wasn't a two way straight was it. So it ended with him biting back.
Speaker 10: What is that change going to look like? Don what practically your father as president? I think you would even say it was a divisive figure. What's it going to look like in the second term. I don't think he was a divisive figure at all. I think the media created divisiveness around him. They lied about Russia Russia collusion, they said he was a trader. They went after him in every which ways possible. If the media actually starts being an honest broker talking about the things that he did, the prosperity he brought, the peace deals that he signed around the world rather than the disaster that we're living right now, I think you do everyone in the country a big favor.
Speaker 5: And that actually ended with him just being like, Okay, stop now, like I'm leaving and walking off because the MSNBC really want to to push the fact that no, Trump was the divisive figure and we can't quite move on from that, ken we but we.
Speaker 4: All know today.
Speaker 5: Also at the conference, Trump finally announced his pick for VP, and that is j. D.
Speaker 4: Vance. He's a senator from Ohio, a former Marine man.
Speaker 5: He is a Yale grad attorney, much like Vivek Ramaswami.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about this pick for me is that this guy back.
Speaker 5: In twenty sixteen said that he was a never Trumper. He said that Trump was a racist, He called Trump dangerous. He even went so far as to say that Trump was unfit for office. Check out this little grab of just how much he's changed his tune over the years.
Speaker 11: As somebody who doesn't like Trump myself, the elites will right about Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Right. I'm a never Trump guy. I never liked him.
Speaker 11: He's the best president of my lifetime, and he revealed it in this country.
Speaker 12: Like nobody else.
Speaker 11: I can't stomach Trump. I think that he's noxious and is leading the white working class to a very dark place.
Speaker 3: I think that he was a good president. I think he made a lot of good decisions for people.
Speaker 4: I think you're not a Trump supporter from what I've read, Am I right? Is that a fair assessment?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I didn't vote for Trump all around.
Speaker 3: He was a great president. I'm thirty seven years old. Certainly the best president of my lifetime.
Speaker 11: I don't hide from that. I was certainly skeptical of Donald Trump in twenty sixteen. But President Trump was a great president, and he changed my mind. I think he changed the minds of a lot of Americans because again, he delivered that peace and prosperity. If you go back to what I thought in twenty sixteen, another thing that was going on Sean is I bought into the media's lies and distortions I bought into this idea that somehow he was going to be so different, a terrible threat to democracy.
Speaker 4: It was a joke. Skeptical. You're a bit more than skeptical, buddy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It is just too much for me to believe that suddenly this guy's a strong concernservative conservative, populist nationalist when he was a massive Obama fan as well.
Speaker 4: On the record, this guy loved Obama.
Speaker 5: I know that we can all change, but especially at a time where Trump's being shot in the head, He's being coude left right and center, indicted, impeached.
Speaker 4: Buried in law fair.
Speaker 5: Why would you choose someone that you know hasn't always been loyal?
Speaker 4: And in fact jd. Vance only changed his tune.
Speaker 5: Obviously twenty sixteen, he didn't vote for Trump.
Speaker 4: He voted for CIA agent Evan McMullen. And this guy, JD.
Speaker 5: Vance was only seated in the Senate after a CIA contractor by the name of Peter Thiel stumped up ten million dollars, at which point Trump endorsed him. They both kind of just agreed to talk about that, not to talk about the fact that Vance had been very, very anti Trump in the past. And that's when he was seated in the Senate.
Speaker 4: I don't know this guy. I don't trust him yet. I just think it's a surprise pick from Trump.
Speaker 2: I think the thing you're missing is is he's only thirty nine now, right, so prior to twenty sixteen, he just turned thirty.
Speaker 3: It just goes to prove thirty year olds really have a lot of learning to do.
Speaker 5: Kayleb, don't you twenty five year old Caleb?
Speaker 3: He'd be hard pressed.
Speaker 1: He thanks for setting me up with that one. You old fast.
Speaker 2: He'd be hard pressed to find a Republican who back prior to Trump's first term didn't have major concerns about him.
Speaker 3: That was not true.
Speaker 4: He was very popular, can.
Speaker 3: Now on board? He were saying all sorts of yea, And there.
Speaker 4: Were a lot of very young the Trumpers. This wasn't well.
Speaker 5: He was young at the time, which, by the way, anything under thirty that isn't exactly young.
Speaker 3: But he was from which vantage point you look, No, not when you're.
Speaker 4: Talking about a marine, a Yale grad.
Speaker 3: I mean this guy, he's a New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 5: Exactly, So we're not talking about a kid here.
Speaker 4: He's obviously at.
Speaker 2: His Trump is demonstrating you can change your mind about him. Trump is also demonstrating he's secure enough to have a VP who once said some very nasty things about him, but Trump doesn't hold it against him. This place to the new narrative of Trump, I want to bring people together. I'm not going to hold grudges. Let's get moving forward.
Speaker 1: And Trump is the last man to tolerate disloyalty. Right, But if he thought that Vance was going to be a problem, he would not have picked him as VP. Like we can all see the political ingenuity of Donald Trump. You saw it when he raised his fist on the weekend. He is always on and always thinking about the politics and the optics and what is the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: In this moment.
Speaker 1: I do not believe for a minute that Donald Trump would pick JD. Vance as his VP if he genuinely thought there was going to be any problem in doing so. And if Jade Vance shows him any kind of disloyalty, well we know what Donald is going to do to him, right, We will not hear the end of it. So I think Vance has genuinely changed his mind. And if I don't know whether you've read his book, hillbilly ellogy. But if anyone at home, if you haven't, I highly recommend you do it. It's an excellent memoir, as he writes it, growing up in the Appalachian Mountains. But it's almost an explainer of how Donald Trump happened because it talks about the rust belt of America and the poverty and the way that they were left behind by the political elites of America. And he didn't necessarily mean it to be a connection to Trump when he wrote it, but it came out. It came out in twenty sixteen, when, of course the campaign was well and truly on and then Trump was eventually elected, and it almost explains why Donald Trump got elected. So it kind of makes sense that having gone on that journey and his book coming out when it didn't be as timely as it was, that he has gone on that journey as well and said, Look, the man I thought Donald Trump would be as president is not the man he was as president. I'm on board now to the point where Trump is willing to accept him. I just don't think Trump would be that stupid to be I think.
Speaker 5: A lot more than I like him goes into picking a VP. There's a lot of politics involved in cutting it down to the person who will serve your purposes for other purposes other than that.
Speaker 4: Sure like them.
Speaker 5: But of course it took no time for the media to then turn on jd Vance because if Trump's picked.
Speaker 4: Him, he too must be very evil. His CNN chiming in.
Speaker 13: Jd Vance is an ideological nationalist. That's a much more dangerous virus because he can make this He can polish this stuff and make it seempalable to people. He can sell this stuff to Silicon Valley. He can sell the stuff by the places, and when it does, it lacks the report and party on a pathway that I think is dangerous for the world. Again, the Ukrainians are now in deep trouble, NATO is now in deep trouble.
Speaker 3: Trump is he geta gone.
Speaker 13: With Nikki Haley and sle to the world. Hey listen, I got a gift up to my base, but I'm not going to abandon the world.
Speaker 3: This pic is a horror on the world stage.
Speaker 5: He just call him a dangerous virus in two seconds, all of a sudden. Jade Vans also the biggest threat to democracy is the biggest threat to the free Well, it's like it's sol dishable.
Speaker 2: You're wondering why Trump picked Jad E. Vans Will Will He just explained there. His problem with the vice president pick is that he's going to be able to sell the Trump agenda so effectively because he's incredibly articulate. The debate between Kamala Harris Advance.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'll never happen, magnficent.
Speaker 3: The other happening thing is he is only thirty nine years old.
Speaker 2: Trump, I think recognizes he can't possibly reform everything that needs reforming in just four years. So he needs someone who's young enough and ideologically strong enough, articular enough to carry it on beyond Trump. So it's a great pick. By the way, just before we move on to other topics, there is a photograph going around the internet this evening comparing the vice presidential pick to well, the great Caleb Bond.
Speaker 3: Have look at this. This has gone viral online. Caleb. I think it's a very very strong resemblance. That's there.
Speaker 1: I was today accepting the vice presidential nomination from Donald Trump. But of course, the one thing that he and I also have in common, and this is a large part of the reason I think he's been chosen as VP is that he comes from a working class background. And of course, the whole Trump campaign back in twenty sixteen was based very much on that rust belt of America that had been left behind, and he's picked a vice presidential candidate who comes from that background. He wants to bring those people with them, and I think from that perspective it's a very smart move.
Speaker 3: Just one more thing on this.
Speaker 2: Remember the first time Trump ran, he had Mike Pence right correct, who was comparatively.
Speaker 1: Boring, but deliberately, deliberately he got the.
Speaker 2: Christian vote over because Trump had this pretty bad reputation in terms of his morals.
Speaker 3: But Mike Pence apparently enough.
Speaker 5: You agree that he does pick a VP for other reasons than that I like him. It's like this guy appeals to a certain amount of people. Trump also knows the states that he.
Speaker 2: Has to get across the line, and he Joe's according my pen My point being, Pence was a really safe pick for a deliberate purpose.
Speaker 3: This guy is a bit of a left field guy.
Speaker 2: Does it demonstrate a how confident Trump is and that Trump is really going to go in knowing I've got four years to make a real difference. I want a VP who's going to be a bulldog and absolutely go.
Speaker 5: Hard on me, because you've got someone who was once downright antie you, who is now a heartbeat or a away.
Speaker 4: From the presidency now for your entire four years.
Speaker 5: And indeed, from this moment onwards, if something were to happen to Trump, would he just be the next the next guy to just be like, oh, well, the VP, he'll have to do as our candidate.
Speaker 1: I don't to me.
Speaker 4: He's unproven, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He's unproven and hopefully will not let Trump down in the coming years.
Speaker 2: Well, the attempt to kill Donald Trump that failed and the attempt to jail him seems to be falling apart as well, with a US judge ruling that the prosecution of Trump for maintaining classified documents was unlawful. Have listened to Fox News breaking the news and explaining the decision.
Speaker 12: This is massive news. We did not see this coming at all. This is a case that she tentatively postponed to a later date. The original trial was set for the end of May. She moved it back a couple of months, though not setting a date. She has just dismissed it in a ninety three page court document saying that Jack Smith Special Counsel's appointment via lates the appropriations clause and the appointments Clause of the United States Constitution.
Speaker 2: So this is great news for Trump because he was going to be wrestling with this court case where they'd accused him of having a whole lot of documents. Incidentally, Biden had done the same thing as Vice president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they decided, well.
Speaker 2: We prosecute him because everyone will thinking too old, wary, old man who doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: FBI did the same for Hillary Clinton when she was found to have a private server. She was sending classified secret, even top secret documents via that instead of the State Department server.
Speaker 4: Why would you do that? Why would you do that? If nothing dodgy is going on?
Speaker 5: And the FBI stood there, Comy stood there and said, no serious prosecutor would bring this case. We recommend that no charges are laid, and none ever were. So Biden gets away with it. Hillary Clinton gets away with it. But Trump's found with a few at Mary Lago, kicking the doors down, doing an all out raid. I just think it's marvelous that this has been thrown out and for no more laughable reason than.
Speaker 4: The prosecutor they appointed. It was by federal law.
Speaker 2: Democrats were in such a rush to get Trump they couldn't even get the process right legally to do it.
Speaker 3: And this comes on top of the U. S.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court ruling that Trump has immunity for decisions he made in office, which is now affecting all of the other pending court cases.
Speaker 3: So Donald Trump just keeps on winning at them.
Speaker 1: Well teflon don and as people have started calling him, because you know, not even a bullet can stick to the fellow ut But this will be appealed further up through the court system. So looking by the time it remains at that point exactly precisely, and this is this is the important part of it is that it's out of the way in terms of the danger it could cause to the presidential run. And of course we know with them with the other case recently where they put it off, the sentencing has been pulled off. So he is sitting pretty now in terms of anything that could damage him in the lead up to the election, he said. Trump said in response to all of this today, as we move forward in uniting our nation after the horrific events on Saturday. The dismissal of the lawless indictment in Florida should be just the first step, followed quickly by the dismissal of all the witch hunts. And I think that's the best part of it, right, is that we know most of it has been garbage. Most of it has been simply to throw mud at Trump in the hope that some of it sticks. Now he's got a very battery body because nothing seems to stick to it. And every time they have done it, you're laughing at me.
Speaker 3: For I'm thinking about Trump's buttery body.
Speaker 1: Well, that seems more about you.
Speaker 3: Just then on a Tuesday evening calib we don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we twenty past ten is when you can say those things on here. But the fact that you thought about it like that, I think says more about you than it does about now. Liz is on board with it as well. God, you two got dirty mud. Get out of the gun.
Speaker 3: Get out of the gun.
Speaker 4: That that's where he went.
Speaker 1: Good, Yes, he's no, I agree, I agree, I agree. Anyway, we'll leave that to one side. They've thrown all this mutter at him, None of it has none of it has stuck. And in fact, what has happened is that every time they have done it, it's actually been good for him because it's it's simply opened people's eyes up to the fact that they're really coming after him because they're really worried about him. And then, of course on the weekend it had a dude try to kill Donald Trump, and again more people have opened their eyes and gone, well, if they're not worried about him, then maybe he's not so bad after all. So all of this has played right into Trump's hands, and then at the very last hurdle actually making it happen, all of these cases have started falling over. It has been the most deliciously inept attempt at character assassination that I have ever seen. Not that they knew it would go as badly as it did, but it's all just imploded so beautifully.
Speaker 5: The vindication is literally intoxicating. Speaking of someone who cannot will not be vindicated, Kim Sheetle, secret Service director who presided over the absolute joke on an attempted assassination. Everyone's asking, how on earth could this have happened?
Speaker 4: Why weren't there.
Speaker 5: More people on the ground, How is it possible that the snipers, the counter snipers could see this sniper on the roof. People in the crowd were saying, he's up there, he's got a rifle.
Speaker 4: You can literally watch the footage we've showed it.
Speaker 5: To you of people in the crowd filming this guy bear crawling on the roof with a rifle. A cop even went up there and was like, mate, what are you doing up on the roof, at which point the guy trained the rifle on the cop.
Speaker 4: I mean, there could be no more.
Speaker 5: Questions asked or answered that could possibly explain the tragic events that happened at that rally where people lost their lives because of.
Speaker 4: The Secret Services ineptitude. People are calling for Kim Cheatle to resign.
Speaker 5: In fact, I would say it's a miracle she hasn't resigned already. But lo and behold, it's looking more and more like she herself.
Speaker 4: Was a DEEI hire. Check it out.
Speaker 5: She only got the job, apparently because the President, Biden's wife, Jill Biden, pushed for it. A Democratic insider telling the Post said Cheetle served on doctor Biden's second Lady detail, and Anthony pushed for her. Anthony has no national security or law enforcement experience, he should have no influence over the selection of the us SS director, and yet.
Speaker 4: We all know that she did.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: The question remains, now, wouldn't Kim Cheatle have ever got the job if it weren't for doctor Biden, missus Biden pushing her in there? And we've all noted that since that rally in which God saved Trump's life by a millimeter or less, we've all noticed a slight difference in his security detail since that day.
Speaker 1: All men, By Liz, you're assuming that they are all mean? How deg you assume the fingers of those individuals. But it is pretty funny, isn't it. And of course, the the Anthony that is referred to in those quotes, Anthony Bernal, who's one of Jill Biden's advisors and supposedly has just as much, if not more, sway than the president's own chief of staff within the halls of power. What does that tell you about how the Biden operation has been run? But the fact that you would go, okay, well, she worked for me for a little while. She seemed like a nice kind of lady. We should put her in charge of the Secret Service. Well, I mean jobs for the girls. Now.
Speaker 2: She was in the Secret Service for twenty seven years as an agent, but just because you're a good Secret Service agent doesn't mean you can run the agency. And prior to this latest appointment, she was some head of security for Pepsi's three years.
Speaker 5: Well if you protecting of the president, she was looking after packets of cheetos.
Speaker 4: Megan saw no one was shotlifting.
Speaker 2: Of course, the vision from the assassination attempt, where you've got the Secret Service agents bumbling and fumbling their way through the whole situation, is quite hilarious. But imagine if if David Attenborough was having to describe exactly how it all went down.
Speaker 14: After Secret Service Barbie, a highly trained member of the Secret Service, removes her weapons from its holster for the very first time in her career. She struggles to return her pea shooter as though it's her first day on the job. Fortuitously, her skills from a previous life as an amateur actress come into play, allowing her to convincingly mimic the swift draw of the weapon and scan the horizon for threats.
Speaker 3: Love that just quickly people may not have seen.
Speaker 2: There's an article doubt today in the New York Post talking about the rooftop that the shooter was on. Inside that very building were three local police snipers who saw him arrive look around and they thought that's a bit suspicious.
Speaker 3: He went away. Then the government came back.
Speaker 2: He's on his phone appearing to do measurements, and the local police then contacted Secret Service and said, hey, there's a guy here who you need to check out.
Speaker 3: He went away.
Speaker 2: The government came back a third time, now with a backpack. They contact Secret Service again, and then he still has time to get up on the roof take the shots.
Speaker 3: It's an absolute debus.
Speaker 1: Some twenty six minutes or so, all of this process, it's pretty how to happen.
Speaker 4: There is no other explanation. You cannot know all these facts and then just be like, oh, it was a massive intelligence failure.
Speaker 5: And somewhere down the line, the counter snipers did not even need permission to fire.
Speaker 4: They could have pulled the trigger which was indeed trained upon this guy.
Speaker 5: That's how much they knew he was there, waited for him to fire, and not just fire fire five to eight times before they.
Speaker 4: Opened fire themselves.
Speaker 5: There is no way that can be explained away by a simple Oh, this was just a catastrophic failure, and that I'm sorry. He was allowed to get on the roof, he was allowed to stay there. They watched him set up his scope and rifle. There is just no way to explain this away. He was not alone gunman. He could not have done it without in some inside him.
Speaker 1: It seems it's pretty damn incredible, right, And of course we've seen the reaction, the nutso reaction of some people to all of this. They say, oh, it was an inside job. By inside job, they mean that Trump himself set it up. And I mean, I love the idea that Trump would go and ask someone to shoot his ear off, because you'd have to really trust that they were going to do a good job, because I know exactly because it was like literally millimeters away from the doc.
Speaker 4: They're inferring that it's all fake.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and he had a bit, a bit of the whole thing has been set up in order to boost his campaign, which of course it will and it has. But of course then you've had all these people saying that they wish that the bloke had actually killed him. How dare he be such a bad shot and tenacious? D the band has been performing in Australia this week. They were performing in Sydney last night. Of course they'reffronted by Jack Black and one of his bandmates, Carl Gas, had his birthday yesterday, so Jack Black bought out a birthday cake and presented it to mister Gas and said, well, you have a wish now, and this was.
Speaker 10: His wish.
Speaker 8: Doing this trump next time.
Speaker 1: I mean, for heaven's sake. Look, I know you can say it whatever, free speech, but for Heaven's sake, you shouldn't be going around saying those sorts of things at a concert or in public at all. Engage brain before mouth. And then of course after this they were meant to go on to Newcastle and their performance in Newcastle has now been mysteriously postponed. They haven't told us why it's been postponed. I think we can maybe discern why it has been postponed, and because it is by saying things like that that things like someone trying to take a shot at the president happens in the first place. We saw Biden yesterday saying we've got to turn the temperature down. We've got to turn the temperature down. But it's people like mister gas it's people like mister Biden who've been turning the temperature up to gas mark nine for the last four years. And men act all surprised when something like this happens, and people like him seemingly are willing for more of it to happen. Now, that's fine, you want it to happen to your political opponent, but wait until it happens to your political guy, because that is the world that you create when you go and say things like that.
Speaker 2: Well, then Newcastle concert, which was due to be held tonight, has been postponed, hopefully because they're all on a plane back to America.
Speaker 3: You can't come to our country and effectively And he said it was a joke, but we all know it wasn't a joke.
Speaker 2: He's advocating for someone else to try another assassination attempt against Trump. And I mean, we've got our own problems in terms of social cohesion in this country without having people like that come and just create more incitement.
Speaker 4: Imagine though it imagine our main.
Speaker 2: Ally and we've got someone calling for the assassination of a political leader of our main allies.
Speaker 3: He should be immediately sent home.
Speaker 5: Imagined calling for the cold blooded murder of a husband and father and thinking.
Speaker 4: That you're the good guy.
Speaker 5: Seriously, and at a concert with thousands of impressionable young people. The message that it sends is this is okay, this is okay to wish someone dead based on their political beliefs, which most of those kids would know absolutely nothing about what Donald Trump actually believes actually stands for, and the fact that America hadn't had it that.
Speaker 4: Good since the sixties under any presidency since that.
Speaker 2: To get that in Australia, politicians from the left regularly talk about Trump's style politics being imported into Australia. So it's more than a little dangerous to advocate for the assassination of Trump.
Speaker 3: While in this country you've got certain people.
Speaker 2: Talking about Conservatives as of having Trump's style politics. You put those two together, impressionable young people to volatileics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but of course, what they've always referred to as Trump style politics has never been Trump style politics. It's been Democrat style politics. And you know, you've only got to go back over everything that Biden himself has said about Trump about how he's an existential threat to America, He's an existential threat to democracy at the debate. He said that if you voted for Trump knowing what he believed in, that you were anti democratic.
Speaker 3: I e.
Speaker 1: That by casting your vote in a democratic election for a democratically chosen candidate, that you were somehow anti democracy. Is crazy. And we were saying before about how people are claiming that the whole thing was a set up by Donald Trump. Just take a look at some of these natters.
Speaker 3: So, oh, it's a false flag, foss black false flag people.
Speaker 11: Somebody died and two feel injured.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that? Les black foss flag.
Speaker 4: I thought it was magnificently staged.
Speaker 14: It was professionally done.
Speaker 10: It almost looked real.
Speaker 1: We were staged by who oh, by mister Trump. Of course, I think this whole thing is staged. Do you think of stage? It's staged? What the one person who's dead isn't actually dead. The two people who were critically injured weren't critically injured, like were they in on it as well? If that's what you're suggesting is that it was staged by Trump, you're saying that three people were also willing to either give their lives or very nearly give their lives in order to help Donald Trump. And these are the same people who have complained that people on Trump side of politics have been conspiracy theorists for a long time, and now here they are positing the most ridiculous conspiracy theory all the time.
Speaker 2: I guaranteed they'll be advocating for misinformation and bills as well. We're going to go to a break when we come back. The Muslim vote in Sydney in a bit of trouble.
Speaker 3: That's in the papers coming up next. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 2: It turns out there are other things making news aside from Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Caleb.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we were in exactly the same position last night. We can move on. Now, let's go to the Herald's son where it says students were cheated. No, the students weren't cheating. They were done over by the government.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: Exclusive story by Susie O'Brien. Serious VCE maths exam failures, including several flawed questions that were virtually impossible to solve and one which had no correct answer. I have been exposed in a report that the government tried to keep secret. What a surprise they tried to keep it secret. Now this is the twenty twenty two, a year twelve maths exam, the specialist maths Exam and report was commissioned that Deloitte carried out, and Deloitte found that there were serious eras. Of course close questions didn't even have an answer in five of the questions in that exam. The government then tried to cover it up, didn't want to release the report. They said that there were no serious eras that impacted the students. One student missed out on a Premiers Award because of the fact that the exam was so dodgy. I mean, you know, there could have been the difference between you getting into the unicorse you wanted, etc. How can we trust that anything is okay in the schools if the people writing the exams, that people who literally write the system can't even get the questions right, well, how can.
Speaker 4: We trust not just them? But then the government.
Speaker 5: Deloitte came out and said, we did the review. You guys stuffed up majorly. Some of these questions are literally unanswerable.
Speaker 4: The government kept on insisting there's no problem with the exam, there's no problem like the Jedi trick. Just believe us a day without line.
Speaker 2: Mathematicians from Monash University have said there's been problems for twenty years with the Victorian maths exam that have never been addressed. But I feel vindicated. I don't know about when you were at school math. I didn't do top level maths. I did a type of maths which very unfortunately they used to call veggie maths.
Speaker 3: But that's what they call it. But I feel vindicated. Guys a joke anyway, exactly.
Speaker 1: I was much of a mathematician either, hins why I went into journalism so I could deal with words instead. Now the story on the front of the Herald Sun tomorrow gas still popular. God, I love this story. Ozzie's are opting for gas connections in their homes at record numbers, with the latest industry report showing the Victorian gas companies have more customers now than they did two years ago. And of course in Victoria they have banned gas connections to new homes. But you've still got de sparked that you've still got people wanting gas because it's better to cook with, etc. You cannot. You will have to pry our gas cook tops from our cold dead hands because I've had, unfortunately electric for years in rentals. I just want the gas back, please.
Speaker 2: Well, and people have figured out that gas heating is better than no hitting, and they also understand that for going gas is not going to make a scrap of difference to the global temperature, no matter how much do the climate catastrophes cry.
Speaker 5: I love this also because it means that people aren't listening to all these lobby groups who are like fossil fuels going to be the end of us, The world is.
Speaker 4: About to implow. People don't care. They just want their gas. It also explains why the government is just outright banning it so you will no longer have the choice. I'm sorry if you are building somewhere.
Speaker 5: You and Victoria, it's just not an option on your list because they know that people will keep you using it for as long as it's an option. They're not buying into this climate communism narrative, and so what other choices the government have than to be like, okay, we're mandating it, getting on board with our narrative.
Speaker 4: We're just forcing you.
Speaker 1: The craziest part of it, as well, is that gas is much better for the environment than coal. And when you turn on your electric cook top at the moment, or you're electric heating at the moment, a large portion of it is coal. It actually works for the environment to use electric right now that it is to use gas. Another story on the front of the Herald sam tomorrow and they've got a banger front page tomorrow. Three great Yarns. Metro ad conflict. Victoria's Peak Cancer bodies on a collision course with the state government over a push for junk food advertising to be banned from Melbourne's Metro tunnel stations when the Metro Tunnel opens up next year. The Cancer Council is lobbying the government. The government is pushing back at the moment to say that you should have no junk food advertising whatsoever. Why can't we just be left our own devices to make our own decisions. If Macas wants to advertise in there, and look, let's be frank, we're talking about government infrastructure right Any source of revenue that the Victorian government can get its hands on that isn't the taxpayer. I am willing for them to take right now, bring back cigarette advertisements as far as I'm concerned, if it means they can pay down a little bit of debt in Victoria. If they're advertising in McDonald's hamburger or something.
Speaker 4: Who cares.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about this article is the Cancer Council, who do great work, but it says the Council pointed to new data from a twenty twenty two survey of four hundred parents, which found two thirds supported restrictions on unhealthy foods. So they're building their whole case on the opinions of two hundred and sixty six back.
Speaker 5: In twenty two for as States Solid Okay, Solid Council. I just laughed reading this because it reminded me of it was roughly two years ago that the Cancer Council had their own sunscreen taken off the shelves because it gave people cancer. I think there was cancer causing ingredients in it.
Speaker 4: It made headlines. I just found it hilarious.
Speaker 5: And now they're going after people who are like, oh.
Speaker 4: You're advertising junk food hashtag trust.
Speaker 1: The experts, and they've also the Cancer Council has also campaigned heavily against vaping, which is of course one of the most effective ways to give people off cigarettes, because I don't know, they prefer them to be on the sigis. I don't know, and there's absolute crap. About four hundred parents want to two thirds of them say that they support the restrictions on advertisements on public parenting Exactly, if you can't stop your kid from eating a burger because they saw an adder for it, that's your fault. Like you're the parent, don't you control the food and that you give to your kid?
Speaker 3: Do some parent and it's easy to do parenting. If you don't want your kids to eat junk food, just give them a device.
Speaker 4: Two marvelous parents. One not yet but giving out parental advice.
Speaker 5: I know how much people with kids love getting parental advice from a twenty five?
Speaker 1: Do you disagree with me? Do you disagree? Do you seriously think we should ban junk food advertising because parents find.
Speaker 3: It too hard?
Speaker 1: It is not to tip.
Speaker 5: I know how much people with children love getting parental advice.
Speaker 4: I could give a ten without.
Speaker 3: Carefre you go.
Speaker 2: I did like your argument, though, we need cigarette advertising so we can get revenue to pay for people treatment with cancer.
Speaker 3: That is a great argument.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, don't don't give me that nonsense, because the excite, the excise that he's generated by tobacco is far more than he's spent on the health consequences of smoking. Smokers the heroes in this country. They literally donate money to the government every single day.
Speaker 3: Let's speak with the Australian Liver.
Speaker 4: You haven't bought a pack this week, you are not a patriot.
Speaker 5: To the front page of the Australia Muslim Vote campaign at risk. The fledgling Muslim vote campaign risks, including with divisions widening within the group among the community at mid delays in locking in candidates, and claims of infiltration by ALP operatives. So the community leaders are saying the group has bitten off more than it can chew and canbra sources have described its leaded as passionate but politically nay.
Speaker 3: Eve, who would have imagined. Let's go to the front page of the Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 2: The headline reads labor eyes two way bridge toll in election backflip double crosss as the headline, Premier Chrismins is set to backflip on a pre election promise. He was very strong on this too, not to impose new tolls, but it seems like he's going to launch a two way charge to cross the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 3: Now his rationale is.
Speaker 2: That they'll bump up the toll on the bridge, but then use that revenue to lower tolls everywhere else. Does anyone really believe the government will use all this extra revenue to make it cheaper for other people?
Speaker 5: Have you, guys tried to claim your toll rebate? By the way, thanks for that, Men's It is a campaign promise that he came good on. They won everything like your fingerprints and a hubane sample I got you not it's like your license.
Speaker 4: Your passport.
Speaker 5: I'm like, is this just digital ID by proxy? Will give you free money back for all those toolls you paid? Just tell us absolutely everything about you that we don't already know.
Speaker 3: We've got to go to a break. When we come back.
Speaker 2: The star strangled banner that's in the moment, Well, we all know Americans need to be brought together, but I'm not sure this rendition of the national anthem is going to do it. Ingrid and Dress, she's a four time Grammy nominee, performed the anthem at a baseball game in Texas. And if Trump didn't need a bandage on his ear before this, he certainly would after.
Speaker 8: Bursts.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you show things in this program that just required no.
Speaker 1: Commentary, who was you know, that wasn't actually the national that was someone strangling air.
Speaker 3: That's why they called the star strangled banner. That's what they called.
Speaker 1: It cannot be they cannot be real.
Speaker 3: She's like Grammy Award nominee.
Speaker 15: I'm actually I know, I know, okay, I know we laugh and I know we're laughing about it, But like, did anyone actually go and check on her vitals because I'm worried she was having a stroke.
Speaker 2: If you watch the whole vision, even the baseball players themselves from the dugout, they are trying to, Oh my god, one.
Speaker 4: Last laugh before we go tonight.
Speaker 5: We've all talked about the massive cognitive cognitive dissonance of the left. On the one hand, if only Trump was dead, And on the other hand, no, no, we we are the people of peace, come to bring peace and goodwill upon the world, and Trump's the really divisive one.
Speaker 4: Check out these display. It just sums it up beautifully.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a shame the person missed, but it's ironic that the shooter was also a Republican. And I am scared about political violence.
Speaker 1: You're scared of political violence, but you you were hoping that he wouldn't have bessed.
Speaker 5: Yes, would you like to talk us through that? Would you like to explain, you know, just elucidate on that point where Trump was dead.
Speaker 4: But I'm worried about political they're not a fan of.
Speaker 2: Political worried about political violence. And she's holding a crossbow, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and standing there sounding like Kermit the Frog, by the way, But I'm not sure whether I would prefer to listen to her with that clap trap or listen to that version of the anthem I heard before.
Speaker 4: I don't know the anthem in the background.
Speaker 3: We got to go stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the reader pendenty Show