Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to another episode of the Daily Telegraph interial podcast. Adam Mob's here with Michael Carrianis and I'm going to flick straight to phild Offield because you've just told us that it's confession time.
Speaker 2: Well, I do have a confession to wait in the shower. I'm going to I'm going to the Sydney Cook Ground tomorrow night to watch the swansvy Collingwood and I'm going to miss my beloved Sharks at six o'clock. The room I'm in, the Sheraton Suite opens at six, and I want to be there, but I have spoken ready David Gallops, whose venues you said past ten, and he said if he can, he'll find a little TV in the corner and put the Sharks Titans on for me.
Speaker 3: What does the AFL start not.
Speaker 2: Till seven forty? But the room opens at six. You don't want to waste an opportunity in the Sheraton suite. It is sensational fall house, great atmosphere, but I couldn't give a shit about the game.
Speaker 3: To be honest, what are you going? May be honest with you, he's.
Speaker 2: Babysitting beloved sports said to James Silver's an absolute Collingwood tragic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, loves them.
Speaker 2: He's great bat. So I'm taking him to the watch his.
Speaker 3: Team can I said last time, I don't invite it to a copper box of the Swans.
Speaker 4: And the person that invited me had some commitments to go, so they had to go do some.
Speaker 3: Work or whatever. At halftime.
Speaker 4: As soon as they left, I left and I went to watch the league at the old SFS.
Speaker 1: That's very on brand for you.
Speaker 2: Look, I know where are an RL, but they're popular, they turn away members, everything sells out. But the ground I was forty eight thousand now, not like seventy eight sixty five Grand Final, which we might even talk about later.
Speaker 1: I'll get to that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's my confession. I shall not be watching Rugby lead tomorrow night, but I will take them on KO and Fox.
Speaker 3: And can you go back?
Speaker 4: Do you guys go like all right, say you're out or you're working or whatever and your team's playing, do you go back and watch the game afterwards?
Speaker 2: If you I take my phone and watch it on Yeah, but will you go back and watch it at home again? Or that's the trouble where the gigs were in, right, we do have to know what's going on. Yeah, yeah, and you can go and watch Fox Mini, but you're still I got.
Speaker 1: My phone on all the times. I'm always watching it somewhere if I'm not at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I must admit. I'll challenge that because I wrung you on and you cannot be found, So I will challenge that I'm watching games.
Speaker 1: I'm looking after your Monday column this week today? Are you careful? Okay? Right, well, we better get started, Mickey. We've got to get Dan your area. Dragons bullocks. Can you remember a more anticipated clash between these two in the last decade.
Speaker 4: Not since you know Jamie Salard Milkman sort of controversy and when the two sides were flying around that period. But no, not for a long time, because neither side has had success lately. It's been more than a decade for either of them to be competitive. And yeah, what a what a match. It's one of the few time you know, you take games sometimes for granted in this job. But I can't wait to be there on Saturday. I'm excited by the atmosphere. Having been at Belmore on Sunday was probably a taste of what we should see on Saturday. Night at at Chagra, two fan bases that are in close proximity. You know, lots of friends and relatives go for either side, so it's going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they sold out early on, didn't they Monday? Yeah, Monday sellout.
Speaker 3: So they sold out.
Speaker 4: Apparently they sold out a game against South Sydney last year to the Dragons. However they didn't sell out. Hospitality, find hospitality. You cannot get a ticket. You can't get a ticket for the game, which is awesome and good to see because you know, Dragons fans, like the Boardogs have been long suffering.
Speaker 2: Isn't it good? Like it's been a tough year for Power. I'm doing tough year for Sous traditionally finalists terms, but the emergence of these two clubs is what this season has all been about. And Canterbury probably a bit ahead of the Dragons at the moment, but look, anything could happen there. It's a really good debate. And Gordon Tallis said to me in the green room the other night, why don't they move it to Harleans? And I rang Aaron Walburt and I said, how did you go? You know as a commercial operation? Belmore and he said, we just broke even now when they if that game had been at a Core, they would have made three four hundred thousand dollars. So while this is just fantasmic and it's got a start, Coggra, I would never move it, but it's they're not make a lot of coin.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess with the way, like obviously they have to make money, right, but I guess with the NRL grants now and the way that the money that the clubs get from the NROL, they should be in a strong position where things like this is like Dog's going to bell more and Congra shouldn't impact the bottom line as much because of all the money they get from the NRL now.
Speaker 2: So the game has changed me And I heard John Quail on TV the other night. Originally when rugby league in the eighties, no one wanted live television because they thought would affect their crowds. They couldn't sell them up seats. Now we got live television, suburban grounds selling out, you know, the forty five to fifty thousand crowd for that big club game at a Core.
Speaker 3: I love suburban grounds.
Speaker 2: Pedra sell out every week. We'll sell out every.
Speaker 4: Week Dragon sold will out and you know, so I love suburban grounds.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to knock it.
Speaker 1: And we'll consider when you have on the flip side, you've got teams take games to Perth or to other areas as well, so you know you kind of sometimes you give up that home advantage for those things. So when you can rock out Cogra in front of how many many thousand is going to be there on Sunday night twenty, you do.
Speaker 2: What would I get at a core sellout? Not a core sorry alien allience?
Speaker 4: You get forty yeah, you'd get easy thirty five, I'd say forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's good crowd, isn't it bad luck?
Speaker 2: You know what, you get a company seat too, and you can get to the bathroom and.
Speaker 3: You don't have to luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is I'm gonna have a crack at you're here. You know why you're saying bad lark because you've got a little media land.
Speaker 3: You'd type please, no, no, you've got a media land.
Speaker 2: You go to the your box, you eat your party pis, you have a drink. There's a bathroom up there. I think it's a punter.
Speaker 4: That's what we've sut plenty ago, while I usually go once or twice a year, depending on my schedule. Now if I can game. But I love suburban grounds me too. I've got no issue with mate.
Speaker 5: Shark Parker is a hoop, It's a dump. It's a crappy. White Hearts are dump. Rookies are dump. Combacks are dump. It's going to be really tough with full of penal.
Speaker 4: Supporters supporters, but no, I love suburban grounds and I hope they backed out and I hope it's a cracking game if Cannary make. If Canary win, I think there certain needs to make the eight. If they lose, they can still make the eight a chance top four if they win, because well potentially yeah, but if they win to open up a four point buffer.
Speaker 2: Against Titans.
Speaker 3: The Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, before we get to that. Do you think the Dragons can make it six Sydney clubs in the top eight this season?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they can because you look at all the sides in and around them, because they've all fallen away. I don't think the Raiders can make it. I don't think the Warriors are going to make the Broncos to make.
Speaker 3: Castle. Castle aren't going to make it the only one. I think.
Speaker 4: I think there's nine teams in contentions that Dolphins is the ninth. You know Titans have a sneaky hope, but I don't think so. I think, how many teams do you think can make the Ala?
Speaker 2: The range is nearly not of Canoby. Last week you went down to the why it developed pren they didn't win. You've been bagging them all year. Should be Ricky have something? He said, it's not flatter about your statements.
Speaker 6: I'll be getting ricky than flatter. There's no issue, there's an issue. They're all good. There's a good little bit of beings.
Speaker 2: Again, I reckon they're a sneaky saint George.
Speaker 1: I think they're a big.
Speaker 2: Thing with George is they have to turn up and play ninety nine one point five percent of their capabilities. The other mob that they had to do everything right.
Speaker 3: So Georgian, Yeah, I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 4: But the Dogs have been so impressive, right, like exceeded all expectations.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've been as domino as good.
Speaker 4: Like they're winning games and they're playing good footy and that they compete on every play. That's what they do. So they haven't blown teams off the park like that, like that. That camera game last week, it was a close game.
Speaker 2: Did you not watch the Broncos a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the Broncos are legless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I reckon. You know, we said at the start of the year they didn't have the front rowers and Takiaho was supposed to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're trying to get twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I Reckon has nearly been the find of the season that Samuel Hughes the front rower. He's a mean bugger. He's he's an.
Speaker 1: Enforcer and from your way originally, isn't he played it?
Speaker 3: Brother, his older brother played.
Speaker 2: General relation to the Hugheses.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Brother played lower grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a power without Max Kan Yeah, Tracy was a Coronella. Bronson Cherry was a Cronella. Don't start me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All I've got the Dragons. I think that I think they can finish in the eighth too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's only nine teams that can play at the top eight, and I think the Dragons sneak in, especially if they win on Saturday.
Speaker 1: They've got to find a way to They've got this schizophrenic run of wins losses, they don't back up very well.
Speaker 3: They run home is not He's a decent run home.
Speaker 1: For him, say something to fire up Flanner that he can.
Speaker 2: TV the other night. What do you think? It's obviously got the ships where he was training fullback all year and Corey Corey Allen Allen went down and moving him too the wing then, which was and that's obviously what you know. Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 3: Happy, but I'm sure if he had his time again, Zack I.
Speaker 2: Was waiting for him to thank Flano on the show the other night for turning him into the best winger in the game and Elite Origin play another ninety thousand jumps in on top of his eight fifty. That's what should have happened. He's obviously got a problem with Flano though, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: I don't know, does he?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you could read between the body said why else would you want to release Meck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, he wasn't happy about playing wing and everyone said it. Plano has said it, his teammates have said that. Zach hasn't really said it, But I don't think he'd be like if you had, if you had your time again.
Speaker 3: Surely you're staying you're not going to dare early?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: I saw it and it was.
Speaker 4: Interesting where he said he's been on the phone to Mitche Moon making sure all is okay there because if if that dissolves or what I mean there, so that dissolves, it'd be very interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm playing very well. Speaking of the Eels Panthers Friday night at com Bank, Are you there, MOBSI I am.
Speaker 2: We've got yes, Please don't tell me you're in a sweet too.
Speaker 1: No, no, we've got if you you know what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Have you paid?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm doing? I've got a Japanese exchange should with us for a couple of weeks. Yeah, So we're taking his first footy game. He watched his first game last week, which was Bulldog's Raiders. Nice like, yeah, I enjoyed it. He enjoyed it. So I said, do you want to go one? And he said yes, yes, yes, So we're off there on Friday night. It will walk in an ill supporter will probably work the supporter.
Speaker 3: Do you have to send one of your kids the other way or what happens with this thing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, they've it's just with my son may eventually go over there, but it's just with my son's school, so Saint Dom's College there. Yeah, Home of the Great Bran is in year nine so he's fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drama no no, Google translates my best friend at the moment, so really yes, but yeah, we took it out for dinner last night and he's enjoying things, so he's yeah, we'll see there, he goes when he sees.
Speaker 2: You played good in New Zealand. But yeah, I worry about the scoreboard here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I Penrith always have a chip on their shoulder against Para with that derby, but the Eels have stood up time and time again against them, so we'll see. It will be interesting. I like that. What about the clash there Jack Tongo Isaac Tongo on the same side of the field on Friday night the brothers.
Speaker 2: Wow lays against his new club. Yeah, Brown versus Louey. It's yeah, well, big game for Penrith because play That was a great try. Yes, I've never mentioned in the top four or five props. You know, it's always trying or Blake.
Speaker 4: He's gone past. Be more consistent of Fisher, Harrist issue.
Speaker 1: I think, what about earlier this year? Buzzy Mick rings me and goes, I think I've got a story. I go, yeah, he goes, I think the Warriors are about to sign one to Penrith props. I go, okay, who's either fish or the odor? And revealed too much beyond the curtain. But yeah, some frantic phone calls and his podcast is about we've got to bring our listeners and viewers into this news room. Yeah, well that was good. You like that.
Speaker 2: I want more of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a frantic hour or so. Yeah, before working.
Speaker 1: Out who it was and just beat him to the punch too, so.
Speaker 2: They controlled Vanilla Blake coming to Cornelo just quietly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hasn't he been good?
Speaker 3: We need him as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the Sharks and sides got no character. Yeah, no X factory. We're sort of bobbing up and down the one spot.
Speaker 3: You know, that was a boring game on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: That was It was a tough watch.
Speaker 2: It was terrible.
Speaker 3: That was hard to watch. Yeah, they rarely do I sledge games of rugby league. That wasn't stinker.
Speaker 2: I know That's what I'm talking about. It we missed something like forty tackle.
Speaker 3: There was just a whole lot of nothing. Yeah, a whole lot of nothing.
Speaker 2: So I'm worried about my Sharkies.
Speaker 1: Well still in fourth mate, You've got a decent run home and look at the harvest pairing.
Speaker 2: Now there's this Trendle was the best player.
Speaker 4: The trend was gone. Nicko's gone. You know they got Bradley named at seven.
Speaker 2: From the fall.
Speaker 4: Depends on Manly this weekend. I think mainly was the sort of time they can jump jump them. I don't think the Dogs will. I think mainly can the big game against.
Speaker 3: Your Raids, against your Raiders.
Speaker 2: I actually I love watching that football team.
Speaker 4: Point yeah, they're entertaining. It's gonna be very mainly Raiders.
Speaker 2: I think Manly they're fresh and they've got excuse me, they've got everyone but Tyler playing, don't.
Speaker 3: They Josh Lawyers out to but yeah yeahl in the back?
Speaker 1: What did you make? A Valois Instagram post doesn't why he doesn't want to crack on Instagram? Did you see when Joe off and Gowi was put on report because allegedly there was pressure placed on a certain piece of anatomy on on Dallen whatna is leslie ak and so he's taken to Instagram who labeled him a grub And when you say it wasn't the first time or surprising surprising grub.
Speaker 2: And then did that get does anyone use that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We we We've just been on Saturday morning, mainly held a media conference on Monday with the entire squad. We rocked up to question Aloy on it and mainly conveniently said, Oh no, he's not up, he's injured. Why would he why would you want to talk to him? They smothered him.
Speaker 2: It's not as good as he loved and the fact that he's like that, it's not as.
Speaker 4: Good as said he got win lawns and the dressing room.
Speaker 1: So super his head on the lawn mower.
Speaker 3: That was fine, That was fine.
Speaker 2: That was the game needs more?
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. I love the banter. There's nothing better apart from when you give it to me. Oh well please, Well what do we do with your sharkis? Can they? Can they win? There's a lot of pressure on on your lot this year because well you said that, having not won a final game under Flanno, they've got a lot to prove. But sorry, since Flanna there, Kaylee hero as well. I like him in the center, so I think he's developing quite well.
Speaker 2: I don't think send us our problem. Jesse Rayming goes good, you know, but we're lacking and X factors. I keep using that Dave Riccio story where you need four point nine Origin players to win a camp. We have zero. Yeah, and I know we had Cameron McGinnis and Nick Early, but I don't think they'll ever play Origin again. And well do you me? You seem to chuckolate any nick are going to get back in that tide when there's.
Speaker 3: Nicko's best hope would be.
Speaker 2: McGuinness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is the great.
Speaker 2: Work horses not an Origin player.
Speaker 4: In this game that they played last time only a couple of weeks agoing coughs hard of the titles, sort of the turnaround for the Titans that match. Yeah, and in full control and probably should have won by more.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 2: So you know, if you're doing a bedding market on next year's COMPO, you're tipping your top eight, i'd whack them in.
Speaker 3: Who would you drop out?
Speaker 2: I don't know, mate, you don't ask too many hard questions.
Speaker 3: I just wanted you to say dragons I don't know.
Speaker 2: Who I drop out. But if you're picking the top eight, now do you put the Titans in with back?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: There other size of the oncause a Wayne and hopefully they're fully fit.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm what.
Speaker 2: Would you do?
Speaker 1: You know it's not about the South yet, still.
Speaker 2: Tits and playing sensation. They've still got Brimson. So I wouldn't have the Raiders next year. No, but I wouldn't tip them last like.
Speaker 3: You did last. I did near enough, you know, Ricky, I did not.
Speaker 1: What about Daisy's halftime speeches because they're second half?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: The last six weeks have been fantastic.
Speaker 2: We talk about characters and lunatics and mad Man Mate their gold that came inside the rooms when he's going off.
Speaker 1: Any putting the white bought up and congratulating Reckon.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a thing.
Speaker 4: Now we have a weekly message if he has a bit of fun, a weekly message, happy birthday mom, whatever, they.
Speaker 1: The players, I'll be sneaking in and just putting a message on themselves.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he is, he is, so mad is. Look, I'll let you know the story now if the Sharks have a great win or if we've had a back he'll ring my phone. I will not take the call. I put voicemail straight away. And there's this old gibber singing, uh uh allah, that boy's in the blue whack. He kind of doesn't of all the things he's got to do. He's a fool that you can use the truth defensing on some occasions.
Speaker 1: But a good job with the Titans, hasn't he far out right?
Speaker 2: I thought they were gone six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're looking like they're going to come. I was worried about him, honest, Yeah, they've done a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think back to mixed point when you're talking about how well Canterbury are going. I think they're just I think everyone's playing for second the moment behind the team we're about to talk about, because you've got an early listener question from.
Speaker 3: Snoog straight into the well, this.
Speaker 1: Is what we just wanted to expand upon because Buzzy and I were talking about this well you were running late this morning. Buzz and I did a bit of research together.
Speaker 2: Some homework last night, and I saw this question, Like I said, the question.
Speaker 4: All right, if Penner secure a place in a fifth consecutive Grand Final, will they be unquestionably the second greatest team of all time, unquestionably, no, well, obviously the greatest teams.
Speaker 3: Let's Saint George.
Speaker 1: Eleven straight premierships that won't happened never before and ever again.
Speaker 2: Right. But what I wanted to interrupt with Mick is if you look take everything into consideration and the fact that there was no salary cap meg back in nineteen sixty five. I looked at the Grand Finals, seventy eight thousand people, they played house. They had four immortals in that side, Gas near Langland's Raper proven you know. Also they had in that side Smith Walsh, King, Clay Lumsdon, Madison, Kevin Ryan and Monte Porter Andy salary cap and we worked twenty mili. So what I'm saying is what Penrith has done in the salary cap era, which they've lost so many half their football side from the fourth Grand Final four years ago. I think it's up there with if they win this year, with anything any club has ever achieved, it's definitely up because of the circumstances they don't have four immortals. Do I make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do, you do.
Speaker 4: I think it's like essentially, it's like comparing to Bradman right when you debate for second is best better after Bradmant right, I think that you can't go past eleven straight premierure.
Speaker 3: I don't care who they had in.
Speaker 4: Their side, right, obviously it is a star starded lineup that they had and then de side that you'd be unable to feel today. But there were so many things that you could do then you can't do now that you can do now you can't do that right when we're comparing eras. So for me it's a fight for second place and if they win the comp how could you argue they are the best team I've seen in my time right because I didn't get to see the last dominant side, which is Paramatta.
Speaker 2: In the eighties you saw the three pet didn't you the Eels nor No. I'll tell you the interesting thing about the eighty three Eels. They had a back line to match Penrith right with Stirling, Kenny, Bella, Crane and Grave, but their forward pack was not as good as Penris. They didn't have Leoda, they didn't have Fisher Harris, they didn't have Peter Win was a great second round, but I don't think he was quite Liam Martin, Yeah, and a great price would have just level pegging with Isaiah probably a bit better price here. So I have no doubt that this Penriside is superior to them through the forwards and they've won as many comps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go back, Yeah, there were a couple of points away from winning that eighty four Grand Final against Canterbury.
Speaker 2: So the scoreline the six four games whatever.
Speaker 1: The four to two game was within eighty six. But I just want to have to look at some of these teams just because the word unquestionably is the one that just sticks with me because and I hate comparing years because you know you're never going to get apples with apples. But with this South Sydney team from twenty five to thirty two that won seven premierships in eight years, including five straight, remarkable achievement.
Speaker 2: So I saw that one.
Speaker 1: Just missed out just you said it on me, You said it, I reckon that was defensive move, did you? Well?
Speaker 3: I thought before you were rude, very respectful, thank you.
Speaker 1: But Bew mame in fifteen to twenty four one six premierships in ten years, and East in thirty four to forty four premierships in six years, and there's just.
Speaker 4: There all these grand finals, though some of these wouldn't have been grand finals, no mean would have.
Speaker 3: Been sort of first pass the post.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is still I'm not taking away from their achievements like you are.
Speaker 3: It's I'm just adding to the debate.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know. I can't compare it any sites, but you guys can compare to the eighties of the Els is probably the next He's the one comparable in sort of recent tom Broncos had a.
Speaker 1: Really good era. Not they couldn't because of you know, with Super League and everything else. They had that bit of a split.
Speaker 3: They've been I've seen better teams. There's been better teams.
Speaker 4: Right if you sat down and you jotted one to thirteen or one to seventeen or whatever the case. Man, you look at Melbourne Smith and Kromp and slay there in English and the Brisbane sides.
Speaker 2: James Zone never won three straight. Yes, yes, I'm talking team talking about treated the cab.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking if you sit there and you said, if you wrote down or I'm going to pick them, you probably pick more from those sides. But this is the greatest, like they had better individuals.
Speaker 3: Is probably the best way to say it. This is the greatest team I've.
Speaker 1: Seen, yep.
Speaker 3: In that you can't dispute.
Speaker 7: Three straight Premiership, three track for four under a salary where you're rolling through where you're losing players over and over the turnover.
Speaker 2: You go and get the grand final team from four years ago, right, and you run the picture, you'd be crossing out three cars of the side. They're gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very few of them. It's probably half a dozen that it's played all three.
Speaker 4: That was sorry, played off four and now heading into this year there'd be obviously less.
Speaker 1: Yep. I think it's good.
Speaker 2: And this brings us to debate about Cleary, how good he is. I'm under a piece with Johnny Lewis on this right. I was speaking to Johnny Lewis already said he said clear is the best football he's ever seen. You'll say, okay, he's now boxing trainer. But he went so many kangaroo tours with Bob for when there was Langer, there was Sterling, there was He's worked so much high performance. Big statement, Yeah, big statement, isn't it. He knocked around with the great halves, he worked with them on those tours.
Speaker 1: Remember straight after Orizon when people said, Oh, he's Mitch Moses and Jerome law I play well together. Where's nothing clearly fitting When he gets back and then you see his performance the other week, he's the best.
Speaker 3: He's the best player in the game.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Who's Do you think he's up there now? Up to three straight titles. My argument was.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, it's hard, right, like I've got I've got John's is the best John's and Smith of two best life Saint. Yeah, they're the two best live saint. And Cleary asked me in five years he might be number one. He's tracking to be one.
Speaker 2: But it's not just his skill. It's his temperament, the fact he can bang those fields from forty out and desperation situation, and how he's.
Speaker 4: Very cam Smith in his demeanor, like how it doesn't get flustered, and how he presents himself off the field, and he's the complete package of.
Speaker 2: His men off the field.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Bugger to do with him. He got the ships when I wrote about him playing up during COVID, Yeah, yeah, remember.
Speaker 3: If that's and then.
Speaker 2: He told a couple of little FIBs to the integrity. Yeah, I wrote all that, and I'm not that sweet with the Clearies.
Speaker 4: But if that's as bad as his indiscretions, get throughout a in your career.
Speaker 2: Look, I agree, and all people he was young then are going to make mistakes. And he's grown through that and he's a really responsible.
Speaker 4: He's so respect you speak to people at Penrith, he's so respectful to this for a mega superstar. He's so respectful to all the staff or everyone there. And and he's just as he said, the iceman right, like you can just finish games. You don't if you had one player to close out a game for you at the moment, it's Nathan Cleary.
Speaker 3: You're just watching. You just knew last week.
Speaker 2: That there's number two is going to be the iceman.
Speaker 3: A game. It's probably DC yeaheah to close out a game easy.
Speaker 2: You should do a story making on the ten best iceman. We love a list on.
Speaker 3: This newspaper maybe mondays Buzz Yeah, well we need.
Speaker 2: You've got to do it in context. I'm going to coach you here. We need a golden point field this week. We need the most amazing, right.
Speaker 4: Maybe a Maddie Burdon field go on Saturday night for you missus?
Speaker 3: Are you cheering the dragons.
Speaker 2: Well, wow, look I do what George to win? Yeah, but I hope it's a great joy because win a dragon.
Speaker 4: I got fifty I've got fifty bucks for charity. On the line with Bray really shook on the last night.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't bet on my TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, So for charity, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: That one go.
Speaker 3: It's for charity. Yeah, I did get railroaded.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get your mind out quick enough.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you do? I've tipped them dragons, that's who you're fanning. Uh, yeah, he does me nothing tip him? Now?
Speaker 2: Why do we get him on the phone? Till Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you tell you?
Speaker 4: Can you tell them that I've tipped them? And then I've got fifty bucks on the line with Braith usually watches. I didn't get a text with.
Speaker 3: Him last night.
Speaker 1: That's that's not a lot of money, given all the break gigs that you both have.
Speaker 3: Multiple gigs. Oh, don't compare me to breath please.
Speaker 2: I got one to go on triple.
Speaker 3: M Oh wow, how's a finding it?
Speaker 2: I made up prefer saur days at home.
Speaker 1: You know, we can't that clip out and send it to him before Saturday.
Speaker 2: But being a soild trade and semi retired, self employed.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to get into the do my radio shifts. Buzz I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. They're down at World Square triple M right, and at one o'clock the senior producer goes out and gets some typhoon off.
Speaker 3: Everyone. Thank that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're taking turns to shout out my card last week. But I had the best spicy chicken fried rice ever. Okay, really way down, Tony Squires put me under it. I'm bettering, Planner. You keep talking for your answers will Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: You might swear to We've got to know.
Speaker 2: But can we start talking? He's as planner. Yes, you're live on our podcast with Michael Carriana and load of mobs. We want to confirm that you do have that thing on your wall at the office. Well, I'd might have it on my wall, but I do remember it, not have it on my phone.
Speaker 3: I'll let you go.
Speaker 4: I've got fifty bucks against great on you guys on to win Flannel say, can you do the job.
Speaker 1: You are as loyal.
Speaker 3: You can't change your mind about the sharks carry not loyal.
Speaker 2: I'm really loyal. Jesus, he's got you one he does, he does, but great judge of character, get paid for honest opinion.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 2: Planning and joins the podcast.
Speaker 1: What about that?
Speaker 2: There's your seller.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Michael carry us on.
Speaker 3: His biggest cast again.
Speaker 4: Not loyal, not loyal, loyal another name of the podcast teaching.
Speaker 2: Say the word is actually disloyal. Not way back to the podast.
Speaker 1: Right? What do you want to kick on with your listener question? Yes, let's without standing.
Speaker 3: This is for me.
Speaker 4: Will you be standing on the hill with the dragons faithful on Saturday? I will not, but I will be working then, and I'm looking forward to Sideline. I'll be sidelined yet or my family will be there. Buzz is appearing on other podcasts. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: What I did the Matt Johns podcast that's not other one Strange Uncles one off. It was great Cooper John's, Jack John's and the Great Trash God, the great family they really are. And he's got the best house ever in Colin Roy and I've offered a house sit next time he goes away.
Speaker 4: Mitch Wance has faan gone to Reese Walsh's head too quick? Does he think he's better than he is?
Speaker 1: We go from swagger last year to having tickets on himself this year. I don't buy into that. How good does he think he is?
Speaker 3: How you know?
Speaker 1: I think you were saying recently, Buzz that maybe teams have figured him out a little bit on the way he plays and.
Speaker 2: Just sweeps around the back. But he's got that blinding speed. But you watch three six the other night. It was great for you, Jim and the sunny. He's to a night game on Grand Final and look, he's got a lot of you know, fashion accessories these days, and sneakers and handbags and but you know what he's different.
Speaker 3: Lots of admirers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I mean. The game without Reese Walsh being such a flamboyant heart throb superstar would be less a game.
Speaker 4: Agree, Powie, Hey, lads love the pot. Just wondering how does the PNG expansion look now with the news that China, you guys across this providing the power grids for the country. This expansion is purely p analytical and does not come close to the Chinese contribution with power.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, I'm surprised our boys got away with, you know, a six hundred million dollar pledge to a forty team when the country's cost of living crisis.
Speaker 4: And that's just what this government's tipping is not what the PNG governments.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I went to Peter Dutton's office and I won't give it all the way but I'm riding again on Sunday. But you'll find if liberals get in, he's supporting it too.
Speaker 3: So this now, yeah, there's ning we'll be having.
Speaker 4: But sorry, we're not across the power grids for PNG.
Speaker 3: But you're right, it is purely political.
Speaker 4: Michael wants to know it's Kyle Week's the best value signing of the season.
Speaker 1: Well, Buzzy, I loved your column the other Monday.
Speaker 2: On the Dragons, the reject Shop, The reject Shop, Cat Price guys that there's manly got They lost k Weeks, but Nathan Brown started on training trial. He's put so much granted that forward pack.
Speaker 3: I love watching Weeks play to be fair though, he's so fast.
Speaker 4: Watch his position six or one, I'd say, but that Cambrod has to be one because they've got strange Sanders.
Speaker 1: Ye, strange acts last weekend. Strange, strange the.
Speaker 2: Dogs would have a great value signing, would all the signings they had?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Few.
Speaker 4: I just think I'm just enjoy watching Kyle Week's play. I think he's an excitement machine. And I think, you know, speed is king at the moment in the game. And if he wanted to play six outside of control and seven and he can do a good job, it can.
Speaker 1: Be a really good running game.
Speaker 2: But particularly it's not in one of the top sides, you know. And he's still managed to do it.
Speaker 1: A good question and worked his way in the first grade too. He remember they started the season in.
Speaker 4: Reggie ethan Irish footy fan. Here, boys, what's happening with Wong? He's way too good to not be getting in the seventeen at least back and forth?
Speaker 2: And he intel well, who's playing on the edges? Right?
Speaker 3: And Bradley?
Speaker 4: They shifted Bradley to an yeah, with Cole Watson starting at thirteen ye.
Speaker 2: And they got Butcher on the bench. So you can't kick caring Edges on the bench, can you. He's a good plan. I don't think he will be prepared to hang around all that long if he's not getting a run is it is a contract.
Speaker 3: He just resigned this year, long term.
Speaker 2: Good plan. Steve Jackson is a massive fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The email only one email this week, everyone, so get him in. This is from Randy. Why is everyone so surprised about the Bulldogs this year? On the weekend they beat tenth and the media went tropo. The only clubs that have had more Premiership players on their rosters would be the Panthers, Stormer Chucks ad recruits from strong clubs like current taugh Tracy et cetera, plus the best young coach in the game, and it's clear that always going to improve and finish in the bottom half of the eight. So that's Randy, he predicted.
Speaker 2: I guess to have him Randy like one of those Monday morning quarterbacks. So make a hero of himself after the event predictions Randy he did, No, he should?
Speaker 1: He should.
Speaker 4: I'm going to put a challenge to Randy as soon as the season's over, senders your predictions for next year and.
Speaker 3: We'll hold you.
Speaker 1: If we've all got jobs next year, we will bring them back up. Job.
Speaker 2: Is there a problem?
Speaker 1: I said, I just got into I'm halfway out.
Speaker 2: Give me one more year.
Speaker 1: I need to assess all sem employed, self semi retired, self employed, sole trader.
Speaker 2: You're going to get through twenty six. That's fifty years and I'll get out of your head.
Speaker 3: Twenty six, Well, that's fifty. You're going to pull the pin like Martin style. No, did you like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was good.
Speaker 3: That's for you.
Speaker 2: I have to do the fifty best players ever soon. Yes, the fifty best journalists I've ever said. Yeah, nice, I've got you in the forties.
Speaker 3: Fifty tries fifty. That could be drama.
Speaker 2: Danny White will be high because I do not want to get touched up by him. It will be very high.
Speaker 3: Might what about ready? He's getting ready?
Speaker 2: No, I think I'll put the States from up high? Heads? Is Tom Good? A ball from Richie? Dennis bull Frog? Ritchie?
Speaker 1: What about our French reporter Pierre Badill from the Career Mail?
Speaker 2: Mister Tweeter was a great journey.
Speaker 3: That'd be an interesting list place. I'm looking forward to it. I am.
Speaker 2: Right, can we do a podcast on the wondering if anyone wanted to?
Speaker 1: Actually, it's around his question as to surprise, I'm super surprised had him in the top eight and it wasn't the fact obviously they bought they bought Welbert.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone well. I didn't think Stephen Cridon. I thought Stephen Kridan was a very very very good player. I didn't think he'd be top three players in the NRL, and he's been outstanding this year. They've obviously been well coached, They've developed, but you look at that side, still question marks over the harves, question marks over the forward park.
Speaker 3: So I am surprised.
Speaker 1: But you look at this conration from Coronella, good system, but it was no Spring Chicken con of Tracey twenty seven and hadn't nailed down a regular straight spot.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they had a front rower, a half back or a fullback. Yep, I didn't think and I thought. I thought they've signed far too many utilities. And I thought tenth would be the best.
Speaker 4: Tenth would have been a good year. I had an upward trajectory, but not I think the mass. The highest I would have picked them would have been tenth if I sat down and broke down a ladder. So I think they they've done exceptionally well and good to see.
Speaker 1: The way Serado's gone, with the way that games headed with mobile forwards, you know, and that's that's helped their defensive structure, the ability for that team to shift and not concede points on mass and he spoke a few weeks ago about it didn't Yeah, oh absolutely. Its attitude and it's also it's your process. It's it's he's stuck with the system that he wanted and it.
Speaker 2: Strugg clubs just look at the tape and copy his system because it's safe.
Speaker 3: Easy buzz.
Speaker 4: Otherwise everyone would have been playing like Penrith and Melbourne and it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: It can't be rockets.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also execution.
Speaker 4: You need the players to be able to execute and if you too, sometimes coaches copy and they don't have the players to do it and it ends up being detrimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is a team, you know, club response. I your club captain from last year leaves early. Yeah, you know, then you.
Speaker 2: Have questions left. Have had great years at Penrith and Dolphin stuff. Alam, Yeah, you know, don't look like Bronson Cherries came. We put out a car away the other day. They haven't lost doubt.
Speaker 4: Alott is an interesting one because you know, Touted is a great junior and then just never kicked there and he's injured now at Penrith, but he's had a great year and you might start find a permanent home the depending on where they play time on.
Speaker 3: You next year.
Speaker 1: Yep, your man, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: We're doing dinner. Yeah, I'm struggling to find the line to really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I got a lot of fank calls to mate.
Speaker 3: Nobody got for dinner, Mate, dinner.
Speaker 2: My daughter's coming home for dinner and she's not the spicy food. So I'm on my way to the butcher to pick up some snitchells. I have snitchells gravy chips beautiful and a nice salad beautiful. But it's like a pub feed, you know. I like spice. Put some chili in it, but I don't have chili.
Speaker 4: Well, if you want, if you want something stopping you, some chili sauce and how's your meal?
Speaker 2: The other last week it looked horrible. It's so good as ready.
Speaker 4: Because ready made it and not obviously recently. But he thought he didn't look great, but he made it for his family and they've.
Speaker 2: Ad looked one of those a quiet taste.
Speaker 3: No, mate, it's good.
Speaker 2: Did you see Reedy and Rickyo restaurant. Cargo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you done that?
Speaker 2: I've done yeah, Yeah I had cargo. Yeah I did, Yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 4: We're having we pulled down some lamb colors and some lambs lucky.
Speaker 3: We will have a Greek salad.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean pulled down from the freezer.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you freeze? Mate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fresh?
Speaker 3: Well sometimes you get the in like a big box, so you.
Speaker 2: Can't so you don't even.
Speaker 3: Don't make it?
Speaker 1: No right? What made mate?
Speaker 2: Thursday night? You're going to challenge me? Now?
Speaker 3: Are you how am I supposed to?
Speaker 2: You did with the porcupine approval?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 4: For I had them the other way when you weren't here.
Speaker 3: Yes, that ain't that good?
Speaker 2: What do you have?
Speaker 1: It's we got thrown around last night because we took our exchange student out to CJ. You just saurra sra terrific young kid. Well, we took him out to c j's Crabshack at Panthers there for and Wednesday nights they do all you can eat ribs, wings burgers, and tacos. Stop it really forty four ninety five and.
Speaker 3: I need to drop a couple.
Speaker 1: Of ribs burgers, tacos, ribs, wings, burgers, tacos, all you can eat Wednesday nights and much and forty five bucks.
Speaker 2: Wow, and that too.
Speaker 1: No, but they're only five dollars.
Speaker 3: Corona will cost you generally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so are you wreckingalking today? Now?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about don't fat shamey. I do need to drop a couple. Got my last game of soccer Sunday for the season.
Speaker 2: So I've walked fifteen k's the last two days, Colonel of the Lighthouse and then the complete Espina, the lost Mido's fifteen made. I can't take it anyway. You've got your without a wind?
Speaker 3: What do you do when you're walking? To you make your phone call?
Speaker 2: You know, I was having a very peaceful walk. You're saying time. I got a text message from you, interrupting my walk.
Speaker 3: So do you not listen to anything or do you talk?
Speaker 4: Look at the ocean of my chill Mate Fantasy podcast.
Speaker 3: I want to take the dog for a walk.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you without notice? Yeah, go on, I don't get defensive right the buzz retirement mobile, I'm led to believe that it's been abandoned somewhere. Can you what are you may, well, where is it?
Speaker 3: Talk about it for a while.
Speaker 2: It's winter, so what chance do I get to go away and have a break. You did it last time. I'm pretty sure when you were full time. I had news for you. I booked a flight on the second next month, and I'll be jumping straight in it.
Speaker 1: Have you got someone ticking it over for you?
Speaker 2: But they're all screen looked after, Okay, No.
Speaker 1: I just was informed that it wasn't getting a lot of use. I was worried. That's all.
Speaker 2: Make sure you have time you keep worrying.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that'll.
Speaker 3: Do us, I think this week.
Speaker 1: So enjoy your foot, enjoy the suburban ground, and we'll talk to you next week.