Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the math Swenny podcast and the second episode of after Maths, where I sit down and catch up with this year's cast members to find out everything they couldn't say until now, see what they've learned since the show wrapped, and find out what's next for them. And for this episode, I sat down with my fellow britt, the Lovely Beth, and I apologize in advance because sitting together made both of our accents ten times stronger than usual, So if it is hard to understand, they'd suggestion slowing the audio down. During the chat, Beth tells me where she stands with TJ now, what happened between them after filming, which groom she would have rather have been matched with, and yeah, just a load of other stuff that, to be honest, don't remember because I was slightly drunk when I did the chat last week. Enjoy.
Speaker 2: Hello the British you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what we kind of do some titles of a podcast.
Speaker 2: Right, so I've got to speak really clearly then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think we're going to bounce off each other and yeah, quiet.
Speaker 2: Can I swear?
Speaker 1: So what you want? Fuck?
Speaker 2: I feel like swearing sounds way worse with a British accent. Yes, and that's why Ryan called me classless. That's probably why.
Speaker 1: I think from so for the listeners where but from northern England. Yeah, our towns are like forty five minutes away. Yeah, very different accents.
Speaker 2: Very different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd say yours is stronger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think mine stronger than you.
Speaker 1: Because you've been double the amount of time.
Speaker 2: I know. Do you think you've got somebody who slang in you?
Speaker 1: I think every now and again I go, yeah, I kind of the end of words where they like turn.
Speaker 2: Them up at the end of the sentence, don't they.
Speaker 1: Okay, should we talk about your failed marriage? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not? I mean, yeah, it definitely wasn't what I wanted it to be. Obviously. I was hoping i'd walk away with a partner, not walking back into my single era.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But it is what it is, isn't it. You can't force things. I do wish looking back i'd have left earlier, because looking back, I was clinging onto nothing. I was waiting for a man that didn't want me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's me every week and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what, I've learned a lot though, so I will never do it again. If someone doesn't want me to can fuck off.
Speaker 1: That's great, great advice. But I don't think you should think you should have left Elie because you were like in that bubble of the experiment. I imagine you've got producers experts like suggesting that, you know, just keep going the mic. Yeah, he might change his mind. Yeah, But then we watched the shower and it's like he's not going.
Speaker 2: To change his n no, not all. And I think it was hard to watch. It was really hard watching it back because it obviously brings up emotions about how I was feeling there and then but watching it back, I think it was pretty clear he wasn't into me, so I can. I just felt embarrassed, so my Beth, I wanted to break through the screen and slap myself and be like, bitch, get out of there now, but you obviously can't do that.
Speaker 1: So my perception on TJ is he was just kind of too nice to say at the start, you're not my type. You're lovely, but you're not for me. And then I suppose at the start everyone wants to give it, you know, give it at least a week to see, but it felt like it was clear that wasn't going to develop for him, and then he just didn't know how to back out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean it's hard because, like looking back, Yeah, I don't really know if he was ever into me. I don't know if I just I kind of knew it, but I didn't want to admit it to myself, so I kind of just swept it under the rug.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But then there were times where we'd have we'd have such a great time together and then he'd say things that did make me think he was interested, and it was kind of like bread crumbs a little bit, and it kind of fucked with my mind a bit. I think I.
Speaker 1: Recently learned what that means bread crumbing. Whereas I love bomb.
Speaker 2: You're a love bomber bomber, don't you do?
Speaker 1: You need to do it on purpose. I just get attached easily and then think they're going to be in my life, and then I.
Speaker 2: Could get attached easily. I'm a very anxious attachment style. Mate.
Speaker 1: Yes, watched it's really bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you will learn that, but I need to quick smart.
Speaker 1: But then I think TJ should not have carried on having sex with you if he was not into you, because that is just leading you on, right. Yeah, And then I have to ask, so we've all seen the clip of him on Big Brother Mister Shack two hundred Women. Did you find that out on the show or afterwards?
Speaker 2: I so I found that out day one, on the wedding day. So this is my thing, right, I've always had my walls up because men are a bit shy and it's hard to let him in, right. So I went in there being like, Beth, we're going to do things differently this time. Bring your walls down, you know, really do it differently and give it your all. And then the day of the wedding, I obviously found out he slept with Jamie. Yeah, first stop, First up, I'm thinking, right, am I going to be that storyline where my husband cheats on me with another woman because we've all seen that happen on mass before. So I'm sat there at the wedding thinking, fuck, this is what it's going to be. Then after the wedding, when we go back to the apartment and we're filming stuff, my phone is bombarded with clips of TD and my brother and I get told he's admitted to sleep with other two hundred women, which was two years before we filmed Maths. So at that point I'm thinking, oh, what is it now?
Speaker 1: Three hundred now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was like, okay, shit. So it was just a lot of information to find out about someone, you know, And I've got nothing against people going on TV, like I now I've done it. I know how funny it's. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an experience, it is.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, Like I'd be open for another show, but I think finding out he'd been on another TV show, he'd admitted to sleep with that many women and he slept me one of the bride day one, that's a lot of information.
Speaker 1: To find out up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So instantly my walls did go up a bit more because I'm like, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: You know? And then it must have been quite shocking because he's been with two hundred and you're like kind of the opposite, like sex is more of a thing for you. Yeah, you're not just checking anyone, which no shame because I stuallygged lots of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, do what you want if you want to shock around, do.
Speaker 1: You two couldn't have been polar opposites in complete opposites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like on our honeymoon, we actually got that honesty box and we got the question rate sex on a scale of one to ten, and we both said a six. Yeah, yeah, we both we both said a six. So sex is important. But to me, if it does feel better when I'm not going to say sole interwinement because I don't need a soul into tirement, but obviously sex does feel better when you know what each other like and you've got that little bit of connection, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yes, but unless you gay, unless you.
Speaker 2: Get unless you get poket in every hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're not speaking to him anymore.
Speaker 2: M So he has been texting me a lot since we finished filming, and the week from that dinner party where everything blew up after Homestays, he texted me a couple of times and I just didn't reply because it brought back so many emotions and so much anger because yeah, watching it back, it was just it was really difficult. So I ignored him. And then he reached out to me again the week after and we had a conversation because I just felt like I needed to get things off my chest to close that chapter because being angry at someone. It's a heavy emotion to carry, so.
Speaker 1: We had just reliving it because you would have kind of moved on and as on TV and your back there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was just I think watching him and how he spoke to me really pissed me off because I think in the moment, I was blinded by how I felt. I was so hurt and I was so embarrassed, and I really wanted it to work, and watching it back, I was like, fuck you a little bit, shine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're acking you've learnt your worth for a bit more now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Absolutely, I have absolutely learned my worth. Yeah, I absolutely have. I'm not going to chase a guy in the future. If you don't want me, it's your loss, bro of it's your loss, not mine. Yeah, it's just not And I think can I ramble a bit or do you have to it? So I think one of the things that did annoy me with watching that dinner party back after Homestays was that question that my dad asked, are you going to break best heart?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: That was a question, was it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Great question? Right?
Speaker 2: They told my dad to ask that, and I told TJ after that dinner, I said just so you know, that wasn't a genuine question. Production told my dad to ask it and TJ went, yeah, I figured that. So then when he went back to that dinner party and used that in front of everyone, I thought, fuck you. You know that wasn't genuine. So that's what annoyed me. And that's why it felt like it was almost an excuse or just something to pick out. Instead of you just saying, Beth, I'm not into you. It felt like he had to grab as many excuses as he could and use it as his amma. And that's what really pissed me off watching that back, because he knew that wasn't a real question. Yeah, it really annoyed me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really didn't have a good run, did you.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I have to ask, though, how come we've never had a boyfriend? Like I find that shocking?
Speaker 2: No, everyone says, I actually know what I've Actually people come up to me in the stream like you're joking. Actually, someone come on to me last night and said, Beth, that was a lie, wasn't it that you never had a boyfriend. I'm like, no, like it's actually true.
Speaker 1: We've seen people Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I've dated quite a few few men, but it'll maybe last like three months, six months, and maybe then.
Speaker 1: Six months that's a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Maybe Yeah, No, I don't know. You just kind of like test the waters and then maybe red flags come up and I'm like, Okay, you're maybe not the one for me, I'm not the one for them, and then you just go your separate ways. Like that's just been my experience. And I think because I am someone that gets a bit anxiously attached to people, like when it doesn't work and then like, oh my feelings are hurt, I feel depressed, and then I give myself a few months and then I'm back on the trend, do you know what I mean? So I think I've just never really really thrown myself into dating because it is shit. It's shit, is so shit. Yes, so yeah, I just can't be asked with it, to be honest, And that's why then when they reached out and we're like, do you want to do the show? I was like, I've got literally nothing to lose at this point, I may as well I need some fucking professional help.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: I clearly can't find my mad by myself. Yeah, yeah, it didn't really work.
Speaker 1: Out. But you know what was nice in the reunion though, seeing how all the girls came together and like Jamie was like, you know, we didn't find our men, but we found each other. And then there's a great line from you. It was something like these men need to realize that what they've got and what they're losing hair. Yeah, And I was like, you go, girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's facts. And this is the thing with dating. I feel like everyone has these certain checklists in the head and you could find someone that's so amazing, but maybe they don't tick two of the boxes and they're like not next. Everyone's just treated like they're so disposable.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, that's me. I'm trying to change it too better. But then I found someone who ticked on my boxes. And then over time I just realized it wasn't like the chemistry wasn't what I may be wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard to find that person. I mean, obviously I've never found them, but yeah, I don't know. I think dating now is just like you treat everyone like they're so disposable. But honestly, these men had great wives, so good luck to you. Honestly, you lost amazing women.
Speaker 1: I've seen some comment yesterday of people saying you and Elliott could have been a good match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. No, Elliott, I just don't know. I've mean, Elliott's awesome, Like I really get along with Elliot. I think he's great. But I couldn't see us being together. No, I just don't. I just wouldn't have. I can't see that.
Speaker 1: If you could have picked one of a groom from the cast to it, it had been.
Speaker 2: Who would have been? Maybe maybe Billy because we're both from the UK and we instantly had that banter like from my wedding. I was calling him Geezer and it was like, yeah, we just really bounced off each other. So I think if there was anybody else other than t J that would have been good. I reckon it would have been Billy, Billy Bobs.
Speaker 1: Billy Bob's Billy Bubs. Speaking of Billy, last night, we bonded over some thing from the UK, which confused Jamie and the rest of the cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy bar Billy bear me. Are you Brits listening? Do you know what it is? It's like ham with a Burr's face on it, like it's cut out in the shape of a burr. It looks a bit creepy to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do miss it's nostalgic. It's gorgeous and every British listeners right now are going to be.
Speaker 2: Like Billy Burmey as the result encounter. Could you get it? Sainsbury's.
Speaker 1: My family didn't shop did you know? Did you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shopped at birth as Don Sainsbury's.
Speaker 1: In the UK, it's a bit more different with supermarket. It's very niche chat here but like h in Australia, you just go to any but in the UK where you shop in the supermarket really determines if you're going to get bullied in school. Right, you're like income so I wasn't as the family, right, so we're kind of low income working class, right, but you're two steps up. You've bypassed Usco to Sainsbury's.
Speaker 2: Saintsbury's fancy?
Speaker 1: Yeah is it? You want step away from Mikes and Spencer's.
Speaker 2: Marks and Spencer's Lot. We love it? Yeah, test girls can kind of fuck off for me, say reason as I wish I.
Speaker 1: Could afford to tell to funk off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit it's not It's.
Speaker 1: Right, what else missed about the UK chocolate chocolate.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We are all the same, don't we know? We got a galaxy here, galaxy.
Speaker 2: That's an orgasm in my mouth, that it is? It really is? Yeah, I am, but yeah, I know dairy milk. It's not the same here, it's shy. They put something in it to stop it from melting. Apparently, Yeah, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: Did you know you can't melt a flake?
Speaker 2: I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, you can't melt like someone said this one. So I then put it in the microwave. Doesn't melt. How the lights under it didn't melt? Put it in a pan, didn't melt.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to try.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you can't melt that. You'll be determined to make it melt, but it will not happen.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you can't melt?
Speaker 1: You can't melt like it's chocolate produce. If you got your phone, could you google they put something in it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe you. I'm going to try this myself. I'm actually going to do it. After this, I'm going to go and buy a flake from the corner sharp.
Speaker 1: Does it say? Why? Umm?
Speaker 2: No, but I do have evidence if you want to see it.
Speaker 1: Yep, got a TikTok of a flake in a pan. That's me. I made this video. That's my kitchen, that's my hand. I told you I made a whole series out of this.
Speaker 2: What is this sorcery?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Cabri?
Speaker 2: What have you done to the flake?
Speaker 1: I was very bored that week.
Speaker 2: I said, like, such a dude, do you reckon? It's either this or this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I think the legs better in the airing out me, Fanny.
Speaker 1: People listening to you very much. Spread your legs as white as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably shouldn't sit like that, be a lady.
Speaker 1: Oh my mum in the UK is really rooting for you. She's the UK correspondent and every week she's like out on the on the bus asking people in the cafes, the pubs, and everyone's like, oh, we love Beth or we're getting beyond Beth.
Speaker 2: Oh what's her name?
Speaker 1: Christine?
Speaker 2: Hi, Christine, love your lots.
Speaker 1: She'll appreciate that.
Speaker 2: She's amazing. She's a queen.
Speaker 1: She doesn't quite know how it works out yet, so she's still in the hopeful stage.
Speaker 2: That's sad, babe, oh.
Speaker 1: You said recently, TJ still doesn't realize how much he's hurt you.
Speaker 2: Is that true he does now after that conversation. Really yeah, I just had to because at the end of the day, we never had a conversation about the way he made me feel about anything. To be honest, I was kind of just too nice and was like, oh, it's okay, like you know, keep the friendship going. But then I was like, no, why am I doing that?
Speaker 1: But what was it about him that you liked or you saw potential in?
Speaker 2: I think how comfortable I felt so early on?
Speaker 1: Is that him though? What was that? Just a nice apartment and everything?
Speaker 2: Maybe it was a mix everything, to be honest, yeah, I don't know. I think I just felt really comfortable around him. Our banter was amazing. We were always joking around. So that's you don't have that with everyone.
Speaker 1: That's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. So that instantly was like, oh I had a spark with him. Obviously I was attracted to him, and yeah, I just think I think as well. To be honest, I just wanted it to work because I've never had a relationship, do you know what I mean? So I feel like, no matter who I was given I would have fallen from because again I'm actuously attached and oh you can fuck off. He's a peasant, he's a wanker. No, not's him. Do you know what, Actually, take that back. I wouldn't have fallen for anyone. Tail that back, eat my words. Take him back. Yeah, no, I just I don't know. I think it was just how comfortable was the banner? Yeah, I was obviously attracted to him.
Speaker 1: So and lastly, what's next is you might be moving to Sydney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to move to Sydney.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brisbane is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, no matter what state you're in, the men are always kind of shy.
Speaker 1: Would you like cus Man?
Speaker 2: Well, I've kind of got no choice love really, I mean Australia, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like a lot of British people move here and got like Aussie men don't like have chat or whatever compared to the UK man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do think Brits and Brits we're always going to get on better than Britain Aussies because the banner is just insane and it's different, it's a different level. But yeah, I mean, I'd love to day it, Brett. I mean, I've got obviously got It's more likely I'm going to date on Australia man in it really, but I can't. I can't find anyone love who knows I Bellie, Yeah, maybe he's my only fucking chose at this point. But yeah, I do want to move to Sydney. Brisbane. I feel like Brisbane's good if you've got a family or a partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very Yeah, it's kind of for me.
Speaker 2: What am I doing there? I mean I've been there ever since to Australia. I've been there for like seventeen years now. I need to get the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Oh you really know, I really do, be honest. I find Brisbane is so boring. It's shining every time I go for a long week and end up at the cinema because there's nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, Sydney I just feel like there's something on all the time and the people are so cool.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're welcome. Love that was aimed at you are cool, but you're Brits. Yeah it's easy done in it. But yeah, I need to move for Sydney, I really do. But I finally did move out because you're on the shower. Was like, Dad, I actually found a place two weeks after reunion because I think living out of my house for so long, I was like, fuck, your mom and dad love you, but I'm going to flee the nest.
Speaker 1: Now you finally got your independence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. So I think once that lease is up, I'm gonna jump over to Sydney. I need to do it. I can't live in Brisbane anymore.
Speaker 1: When you get I will make it my personal mission in life to find your man.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be a wing man. Yeah fuck yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: And I know that British people do. Yeah Britain Bondye.
Speaker 2: Brittin Bondy. Yeah yeah, he's Yeah, there's a page Brits in Brisbane, but it's full of creeps. It's full of creeps and people who just post they're like Yorkshire dinner. I'm like, I don't care. I don't care about seeing your potatoes and you fucking meet and your fucking Yorkshire puddings. Babe. I was on it for maybe a week and I was like, no, you guys are weird.
Speaker 1: Bye, And that's me posting my dinner is in them. Yeah, is that you. I like to show my oxes of host.
Speaker 2: In New York about you do? About you? Love to show your me and your Yorkshires, don't you, babe? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's been an absolute pleasure. Yeah, thank you, and I look forward to you moving to Sydney.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't wait. Love, let's get on it.