Speaker 1: Guys. What he's almost back. Let's say hi to ox Ched.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is an Anzac Day Middle Recipients, Premiership player for Collingwood and currently one of the stars of the Hawthorn Football Club. Please welcome to the show, Jack get him morning.
Speaker 3: Hello Guinea, you dragged doing here at six thirty on your day off?
Speaker 4: How means that it's okay? I love getting up early, so it's all good.
Speaker 5: You an early early riser.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely used not to be when I was like eighteen and freshly drafted, but I do love it now.
Speaker 7: It's a good made of ours and become a regular on the show. Is the wiz Wizard? If we got him in at this time, he'd normally becoming.
Speaker 1: For the club.
Speaker 6: Definitely, He's always in me backfucker, I love the Wizzy's.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so good. We love him too.
Speaker 8: Have you heard much of his work on this show?
Speaker 1: Who's fine?
Speaker 5: That was my alarm?
Speaker 1: You set your alarm for this time putting a sleeping.
Speaker 5: Where we say that was my life. I'm going off to say the tesla's charging.
Speaker 1: Not I need to get to work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, as the guys saying we love the Whiz on this show. He really started to grow in confidence Swords the back end of the yearning in radio.
Speaker 1: If you listen to much of his work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit, and that's that's exactly right. He's a bit more confident now and definitely speaking his thoughts, which is good and when you get wiz up and about, it's definitely good listening.
Speaker 1: What's your back man?
Speaker 7: I saw him modeling your sonnies and now you've got this deal with Rebok, watch out. He'll get these little hooves in those rebox prompts. Take you take your gig.
Speaker 4: I took him to the NBL in the rebox seats the other day, so he's he definitely.
Speaker 3: Now. Before we talked forty, how is the off season? Did you have a nice time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Off season was amazing. Went to South America with my boys. Never got a mile on Nicaragua, Peru.
Speaker 4: Five back, that's unreal, all of us.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, the boys went to America but it was Yeah, it was so much fun and that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Well, it's good that you get to do that because like when we non athletes were all in our early twenties, that's what we did. We were backpacking, We traveled. I mean, I'm sure you did it in far more style and I did in my twenties. But you think you like these young athletes, you get stuck into footing and you don't get that downtime very often, so you get to escape and get away from it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's great, and everyone in the media wants us to come back earlier, but you honestly need that break, like from now till September, hopefully in the last week of September. We're on twenty four to seven, so you know, eight week twelve week break where you can kick your feet up, relaxed, go away with the boys and no one knows you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jack, are we talking relaxed trip little Lindo to massages or some loose nights?
Speaker 6: Oh, definitely some loose nights but everyone well behaved. Yeah, just just a few hikes in there as well, which is good. But yeah, definitely some fun nights that I'll remember forever.
Speaker 8: But can I say just on that don't change because I buddy love watching you, mate, and I always have and he's just I think he's a breath of fresh air as well. Say it's because we have so many athletes these days who either you know, present present in this studio even you know, we've had we've had guests who are come in here and just bore us to tears because they don't speak their minds. What this guy does is he adds a bit of color on the field and off the field as well. I mean, I mean how important is that for you as a person to showcase your actual personality as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Thank you. Yeah, obviously it's important to me.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, I don't want to change who I am, even if I'm coming to this crazy environment the AFL and people trying to you know, be robots or whatever. I've always tried to be my authentic self. And yeah, that's something I really strive for. And it's got me in the position I am today playing good football and getting you know, things off the field like reblock and listen and all these things because brands are excited to you know, sign with me or be a partner with me.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's been really good for me.
Speaker 7: I must be relax about as well, because you're right, like I remember when Colinwood were going through drummers and Paul Mason came in here and good and say bloody work well yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, no, Well Sam, Sam's been an amazing coach. Me.
Speaker 5: We've a great coach, isn't he?
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: And you know I've had a few slip ups and I know I've been the first to tell Sam and that's all he wants, just a bit of honesty and to tian quickly. And yeah, he's always got my back and same as my line.
Speaker 1: How awkward is it when Albert comes into the dressing rooms after the.
Speaker 4: Game trying to think he's the coach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he's always trying to get in the circle with his Hawk scarf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: In there singing the song. You can imagine it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The one thing the Hawks do really well is express themselves on the field. You're playing some great foota towards the back end of last year. Unfortunately fell a little bit short.
Speaker 1: But what do you I.
Speaker 8: Mean, how do you approach twenty twenty six, skinny, I mean, what are the expectations?
Speaker 6: The expectation I think is to you know, get into the Grand Final and hopefully win it. That's you know, we strive for greatness at Hawthorne and yeah we've fell short the last two years, which is hurt, and I've been a part of many final series. I think I've lost two prelims now by a little margin and a semi by two points. So you know, I'm hungry as ever and all the boys are as well, and that's something we are really excited for obviously, and yeah, hopefully start well in a week's time against the Giants.
Speaker 7: He's got ahead on his shouts for twenty three. Doesn't mess at twenty three?
Speaker 3: That's true as a Rebok athlete. What does that mean to that? Do you have to, like now all of a sudden also be a model and how do you go behind the camera? It's funny seeing football players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good being on a rebox team. They've yeah, they've picked me out and I'm the first ambassador I think in Australia, which is amazing from a football lens. And yeah, hopefully in their boots next year. And yeah, it's been cool to do some modeling. I was up at four.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 6: Yeah it was all right, Like I did the runway last year and yeah it wasn't too bad.
Speaker 5: And then you did a run like a cat wall. Yeah a that is my I mean, not that I would be asked.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 5: That is my biggest fear. I don't know how people did.
Speaker 1: You practice at home in front of the flatbates in.
Speaker 6: Front of them, like took the fist because she's a model, so she was teaching me some truths. But yeah, it was funny. But I was walking down the island smiling and giggling.
Speaker 4: But I was trying the hardest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my bess, But no, it's amazing being a rebook athlete.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: They embraced my individuality and yeah, I'm forever grateful for them.
Speaker 7: They bringing back the pumps, the ones that used to I remember that Reebok are back keep rocking up in school with rebock pumps and we're all sitting there for yet.
Speaker 3: My brother had them to Yeah, they were like hot property people.
Speaker 5: Have you got those ones on the foot? Pump up the toys?
Speaker 4: Not yet, they might be coming, just a quick one.
Speaker 8: The story today, Kenny Hinckley wants players to like n NRL players switch can declare they're switching clubs mid season. Well, that's what he wants. He wants a bit more freedom in the AFL.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 8: The AFL is ready for that, because I know as someone who has switched clubs. Difficult decision, Collingwood to Hawthorne, who, by the way, you break for as a kid, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be hard to do that.
Speaker 6: I think it's I know, I don't think there's enough money potentially, like in you know, someone who's on one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand can switch mid you're talking about mid season?
Speaker 8: No, no, sorry, I mean to declare how NRL players can start season and then you keep playing having declared the next season you're going to play for.
Speaker 7: If I find out you're going to Smooth, You're gone. We're not waiting until the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that would be a bit smooth.
Speaker 6: I think that would be challenging just for the player and coaches, and I think that it would cause you know, some weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: I don't know if they're different cats in the NRL. Kenny not what the NRL was going to ask you about that.
Speaker 4: He's a good man. Hopefully he's at the Hawks next year.
Speaker 7: Hey, speaking of the Hawks, you can get your twenty twenty six Hawthorn membership at membership dot Hawthorn FC dot com dot are you We've got a couple of memberships to give away this morning, so if you want them, thirteen twenty four to ten is our number I get to choose to coming in mate.
Speaker 4: Appreciate good work on the modeling, Yeah, thank you, my god.
Speaker 3: Ve got to rebop dot com dot are you if you want to see you've done a cod lab?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you design any of them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: But I just modeled it and I'm on the website, which is kind of kind of it looks like.
Speaker 1: Any sellies planned for this year. Everything in the back pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, men, will cont you something up? So I watch out Round zero.
Speaker 1: Really travel with his PlayStation.
Speaker 4: We both did at a stage there playing Fortnights.
Speaker 1: Good. You're not loading the gaming chair in the bus or anything as well, though.
Speaker 5: No, do you wear the headset?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Chase and Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials.