Speaker 1: Get morning every day.
Speaker 2: Adelaides, well, well, well, happy Christmas everybody. What a time of the year, What.
Speaker 1: A stressful time?
Speaker 2: You Yeah, what day is that? You don't know? It's twenty fifth. You don't know actual day? Does they do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: One cares.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it's nighttime or daytime. No, I don't even know what my name is.
Speaker 4: This is the time where you just leave your pajamas on all day. The kids asked to eat chocolate for breakfast, and you go, you know what, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Who cares those pajamas you're wearing right now, abby covered in stains, that's fine.
Speaker 1: What what about you do?
Speaker 3: Wake up the next day in your pajamas You're like, oh my god, is that like, is that ice cream down in front of me? And then there's some red wine over there, and then oh my.
Speaker 1: God, that's spaghetti ball and ais got on a pig.
Speaker 4: You know, you've really hit the bottom when you have trifle on you. I hate trifles, but at Christmas time, you just got to eat it.
Speaker 1: I just got to do it.
Speaker 2: And your stomach's like, my god, what's next? Yeah, you're mixing like desserts with wine cereal into it. It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And ordinarily you would maybe have a little bit of jelly by itself, or a little bit of cream by itself, or a little bit of sponge cake by itself. Christmas, you're like, combine it all, go all lamb.
Speaker 2: Baby, mix it all together like a big dirty garbage disposal blender.
Speaker 4: Like Rachel and Friends who put lamb in her trifle. She got the recipe wrong. There was half the recipe missing, and so she just put it all in. So there was lamb, there was yogurt, there was all this stuff in the one trifle.
Speaker 1: And they're all pretending to like it, right, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And if you've seen one Christmas movie about people ballsing up the turkey, you've seen them all.
Speaker 1: I also just want to give a shout out.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to give a warning to singles who go to their hometown for Christmas, because there's probably more than likely going to be a guy that wears a flannel at shirt that ever moved from that town and he is going to try and make you fall in love with him and not let you move back to the city.
Speaker 1: So just be wary of him. If he's hot, though, go for it. Life is nice.
Speaker 2: Heading back to Jamestown. Watch out for that bike. Yeah, he's a big boy too. Out Eric, he's wearing the Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately he's got trifle stains all down the front his shirt. Mate, He'll still try and pick you up because he's like Christmas time, people are coming home, more opportunity.
Speaker 4: More opportunity to try and get the girl that I was in love with back in year six, thinking.
Speaker 2: They're not feeling their best because you're like, wow, I'm as unfit as I could possibly be. My body's been in better condition. And that's where the big fella will call him Dave really really pounces.
Speaker 1: Also doesn't jump on the apps for the entire year.
Speaker 4: But then Christmas just sees being opportunity because he knows that one of them is coming, one of the girls that he went to school with is coming home, and she will be single and it'll just be able to fall in love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a little bit desperate.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Essentially, are we all in the same boat that Christmas is a time where I mean you probably drink excessively responsibly, of.
Speaker 3: Course, absolutely responsibly, because.
Speaker 2: I can image as well with your news. I know your family, I know members of your extended family, and they are like to drink excessively, not courageously, and the opposite of responsibly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, Yeah, I have to say in the Addie clan, there is a moment every Christmas where me and the other two sister in laws will inevitably be in the kitchen at one point pouring wine at ten am, going to the kids until you'll do it.
Speaker 1: Till don't all of you?
Speaker 2: And how many times do you hear that, Well, it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Christmas, Christmas.
Speaker 2: Drunk at nine am, Ah, it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Any traditions that you have, anything that you have to do.
Speaker 3: We watch actually normally on Christmas Eve before Christmas, and I'll just I'll never forget this story. I remember when I first started seeing Gregy and we'd had a baby together, and I don't know, I must have been really, really emotional. But that was the point, was in that transition between when we used to go out Christmas Eve, maybe to the ed Beer Garden for example, meet up with a heap of friends and do that sort of Christmas style. But I'd switched over because I'd had a baby. So I'm sitting at home one year he'd gone to the ed so he still had one foot in that side of the cave. And I'm sitting sobbing watching love. Actually he's not a home.
Speaker 2: It's hard to graduate from that phase of your life. It is getting absolutely plastered on the twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a real change in life, isn't it. And him and his brother, my god, it took a good couple of years for them to transition.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, oh well for us, one tradition we like to do is to google and jump on YouTube and watch turtles mating. I just saw this at the sound effect.
Speaker 3: Asked for that, daddy, one of those turtles doing over.
Speaker 2: Going again.
Speaker 3: They're celebrating Christmas, the turtles. That's how I like to do it.
Speaker 4: We don't have too many traditions we do. She likes to celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 1: Well, I get home in Jamestown with I'm back in my hometown now.
Speaker 2: Lucive audio from Days.
Speaker 4: Look, if I could sleep through Christmas, I would, to be honest, like you, hazy, we don't have too many traditions we do.
Speaker 1: Make my nana bless her.
Speaker 4: She used to make peanut crunch balls and cherry right balls. So somebody always has to make them. They're full of sugar and crap. It's like peanut butter, rice bubbles kofa and icing sugar, roll it into a ball and then you cover them in chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the cherry ripe.
Speaker 4: Ones yeah as well, so we always have to have them on the table. But yeah, it's just big family get together. Mum doesn't put the Christmas tree up anymore. And I was like, Mum, I'm thirty three, Like, hello, I'm back home now, so you've got to start again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And she also really annoys me, doesn't buy me advent calendars.
Speaker 1: Calendar I know, you know, she's a bit of We've always said that. We've always said that on the show. Anyways, what about.
Speaker 3: Trying to organize the freaking food? Oh my god? And in the Odd family, if you ever leave it to the blokes, you will end up with a like Asian fusion roast for lunch. So someone will bring you know, steam dim sims for starters, and then it'll be a roast for lunch and then obviously the trifle.
Speaker 2: Can you steer back to the go to You're like, what the hell is this crap? Greg? And he's like that it's Christmas.
Speaker 4: Christmas as he's pouring his fiftieth wine at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: He started at nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's pretend that's him doing that anyway.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, everybody,