Speaker 1: Late Welcome to the Late Debase. Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caleb Bond with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand. Well, look, I am not renowned for my exercise regimen, but I have decided maybe I need to take it up because the Guardian has come up with the best reason ever to exercise. Apparently it turns your right wing. We'll tell you a little bit more about that later in the show. The Chinese premiere is also on his way to Adelaide with a gift. We'll tell you what it is when we get into the papers. And how long does it take to solve homelessness?
Speaker 2: We have found the answer.
Speaker 1: But first you would think if someone commissioned you to build a toilet block, it would be pretty straightforward. You know, I've got to get the cistern and put it in the right place. So I've got to get the sink and put it in the right place. It probably needs a few walls, a door on the front. All seems pretty straightforward. Well, no, that's not a case. If you go to Allenby Garden's Reserve in Adelaide to a toilet that was put up by Charles Sturt Council. Now, this toilet, by the way, has apparently been in place for years, but it's only just come to the attention of the locals that the doors on the cubicles look a bit like this. Hey, look at this photo here of the cubicle door on the front of this toilet. It is entirely true. That is a woman in the toilet about to do her business, and well anyone walking past could notice it.
Speaker 3: Now, congrats on getting the though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I had to go and investigate for myself. You know where it's really important stuff right now. Apparently the council actually did some work on this toilet block recently because it was vandalized, and even at that point none of the council workers bother to look at it and go hang on, that is a mesh door on the front of the toilet. Now that the locals have realized what's going on, they are outraged.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bringin freeman upon someone's privacy.
Speaker 1: It should refixate half.
Speaker 4: I come here all the time with my three children and I wouldn't feel comfortable sending them to the toilet here.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 4: Scares me more as there is a playground like behind us, and knowing that there's kids who are vulnerable.
Speaker 1: If you want something to be done badly given to a council. I can only imagine that the meeting between the CEO and whoever designed this thing, when they worked it out recently, when something.
Speaker 5: Like this, I'm familiar with the event itself. Mister Wilson. What I'm trying to ascertain is are you absolutely sure that the two hundred meters track is two hundred meters long? It is because it's half the four hundred meters track, which is four hundred meters long.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: The two hundred meters is half the four hundred meters.
Speaker 1: You can measure it.
Speaker 5: Ye, no, no, no, no, But the four hundred meters track is exactly four hundred meters long, is it?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 5: So the two hundred meters track is exactly two hundred meters long, of course, But what you're telling me is that the one hundred meters track is a one hundred meters.
Speaker 6: Long slightly different arrangement?
Speaker 5: Is a meter a slightly different concept?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: In one hundred against two? Well, I don't understand, mister Wilson quite why in the construction of a one hundred meters track, you would want to depart too radically from the constraints laid down for us by the conventional calibration of distance.
Speaker 1: The brilliance of John Clark on the Games, and one wonders Joe why you would want to depart too radically from the concept of a I don't know, not a door that you can see through on the front of a toilet Cuba.
Speaker 3: I just love everything about this story. I love firstly the quote that kind of almost tells you everything and nothing at the same time, which is where local resident Felicity Graham tells seven years these doors have apparently been here for years and no one thought it was an issue. So I don't know. I don't know how you could have I could see that, like would there be a thing like I can almost imagine like the you know, the council Child Safety commissioners saying, oh, no, we can't possibly it's a playground nearby. We have to make sure that children can be seen at all times, including on the toilet, which is kind of creepy. But there are many, many things. Firstly, one excuse from council has been that it was response to focus groups where ratepayers were demanding more transparency. But I find that with these sorts of issues, Caleb, I know you have problems with counsels not taking responsibility for their decisions, and I think this is happening in this time because no matter what happens, no matter you know, what's gone wrong, there never seems to be anyone who's actually personally at fault. They always just blame the system.
Speaker 1: Oh so, how many more can we get into? I'm going to actually, but it's the fact that it took so long for anyone to notice. But you've got to wonder when a council commissions something to be built, surely someone brings a design to them, right, And how at the point of the design coming to them did no one go hang on the doors a see through? Then from that point forward, how did no one go hang on the doors a see through. Either this is the least used toilet block in the history of man, in which case just knock it over, or the people of Allenbe Gardens are a bunch of pervs and they didn't mind the fact it was see through.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Well, obviously no one can believe it took them this long to be like, Ah, toilet doors are see through. That's actually a euphemism I've used for something that's really useless. This is as useless as a glass door and a toilet cubi gold. It's supposed to be funny. Okay, you're not supposed to actually run with it.
Speaker 6: It's good grief. Also, it looks like some sort of caging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually looks like the world's high indore looks like the world's least secure juvenile detention center, completely.
Speaker 4: Perforated, so you can't do anything in your cell that everybody else isn't privy to.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is just so noticeable and yet it's been there.
Speaker 1: And you just saw the inside of it. That's from inside the cubicle. So you're sitting there taking a dumb or whatever, and you go, hang on a minute, I can see the outside wall.
Speaker 4: About these things, because in some toilet cubicles it's just the gap in the door, like.
Speaker 6: It can be really tiny. But if they're flimsily made, you can be in the cubicle going hang on a minute.
Speaker 4: If I can see you, you can see me through this tiny crack that is clearly big enough for us to make icontract.
Speaker 1: You had one job. I mean, if a council can't even build a toilet block properly, what can we trust them with millions and millions of dollars in ratepayers money and they can't even build toilets properly.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure they could at least build a park, Caleb, because they don't even have to build a park. It's just there. You just have to do nothing.
Speaker 6: It's just that.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful part when.
Speaker 4: You're given forty million real government thank you.
Speaker 3: For coming to my segue. Yes, and you say that Labor Government has ordered Hornsby Shire Council to repay thirty six million dollars from a controversial grants fund for which it built a park that never was. It's the money.
Speaker 1: It means they didn't kill the park.
Speaker 3: It's a bit it's a bit like it's a bit like Jerry Seinfeld and the reservation. They took the money, they took the resumes, they took the money to build the park, but they just didn't build the park. So they got the job half right, but just didn't fire through. This is, of course Hornsby Shire Council, which I think is the mayor the local mayor's Philip Roddicker used to be the grand old There you go, the former flo If you're watching, not too late to get it done. I reckon, if you get that park built by sun up, maybe they'll.
Speaker 1: Let you pay you and I could go with a backup and do it.
Speaker 3: But yes, the Stronger Community's Grant Fund is set up in twenty seventeen to support councils that were forced to merge, and but ninety six percent of grants were awarded to councils in liberal and national seats.
Speaker 4: Can't be right, Marilyn Coalition would never.
Speaker 3: Sit the Flabor Party would never do something like this.
Speaker 6: Back in twenty eighteen, we're gonna build a park. We're gonna build a park.
Speaker 4: Here's a mock up of what that park was supposed to look like. What rate payers were, well taxpayers, I should say, we're supposed to be getting for forty million dollars. And here's what they have six years later.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, some unknown grass.
Speaker 4: As far as I'm concerned that I's just as beautiful. But listen, hornsby what are they hornsby Shire Council. If you were smarter, you would have spent the money quicker. Yeah, notably, this is a former council as I do I do you get a grant, you spend the grants, Okay, no mucking around. So now the federal government is like, can you give our money back? Because not only was there the whole pork barreling thing going on, but you haven't spent it and there's no park and the Shire can't justify to the federal government, Oh it's properly underway. No it's not even underway. So they want a refund. They've obviously spent four million of it lawn plans and whatever, but they're like, we want the other thirty six million back.
Speaker 3: Couldn't they have said we were going for more of a sort of Christine natural industrial backwater. This is what we had a mine all the long. And look there are no sea through toilet doors.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no. They should have built the sea through toilet and then they could have actually shown that they've made an effort to do something on that piece of land. I mean again, it's just another example of how maddening all of this is. And we did a story last night Shoe on the Sunday Showdown, great show, watch it every Sunday since well you never missed. You can watch these two great fellas, Sir Joe. And that's right, every Sunday. But I did this story last night about a fifth of councils in Victoria in this council term have either been sacked by the state government or they've had a state government monitor put in charge of them just to make sure they don't go off the edge because they're that badly behaved. They can't build toilets properly, they can't build parks when they're given forty million dollars in order to do so. They get sacked because they can't even get through a meeting. As I said last night, just abolish councils. All the powers councils have come from the state government, just absorbed all but to the state.
Speaker 4: Although whenever they do a local government who actually runs does rate it.
Speaker 3: I know that that's it. They absolutely should, and I have no problem that whatsoever. But strangely, when they do surveys of people usually come back they say, no, we want to get rid of state governments and keep local and federal, which is that would be just even worse. But my favorite part we never got to it last night. My favorite part of those councils who were just absolutely useless was Deriban Council in Melbourne, which is just the most dysfunctional lefty council you can possibly imagine, apart from maybe the city of Yarra itself. And there was this amazing exchange that council's chamber where one council is complaining to the acting mayor said we didn't I'll let you acting mayor just so you could be a dictator and the acting there are said back tough, but they don't even deny they're a dictator, Like isn't that It's like they waited it elect you, you know, read it elect your policeman to find out you're a sexophone. And I said, well, surprise, do you want to be there?
Speaker 6: Like why else? One election?
Speaker 1: Don't?
Speaker 6: Then you might not be.
Speaker 1: They have your moment in the sun. I mean, you're not good enough to make it to the real deals date or federal politics. So you can just pile right here, mate. Okay, one exception over here. But you know, seriously, the number of people who end up on councils who just are there because I don't know, they get angry about the toilet block on the corner, which you know, in the case of Adelaide, was actually legitimate. But you know, they get elected on such small issues like the street needs a pothole fixed in it or something, and then they get there and they fix the problem and they go, oh, good god, what do I do for the next feet?
Speaker 4: It does attract a weird demographic, which is what does You've got the looney, the lonely, and the ambitious. You look at the lay party of any party and that's who you've got. And then you look at Parliament, which is just an extended version you know.
Speaker 6: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: But that's true. There are two types of people. There are ambitious, bloodless politicians and people who write letters to newspapers and that's it. It's like I'm writing to you about the.
Speaker 1: Stop side on Warren or a parade.
Speaker 3: It's been there. And then you've got the people who are like, you know, Mark Latham, It's like I'll kill everyone who gets in my way. He did not, actually, so you're not actually killing You're not. Definitely a few good sort.
Speaker 6: Of hip and shoulders working for a state MPs. I felt like half my job.
Speaker 4: Was telling all these people who write in about these issues, that's a local government issue.
Speaker 6: That's a local government issue.
Speaker 4: And I'll never forget speaking to one lady who was so convinced that I was yanking her chain and there was no other kind of government. And I'm like, had to literally try and explain to where the three tiers of government and how they work, and how her fence issue was actually not a matter for the state government. But let's get to Europe because in a.
Speaker 6: Win for the almost four hundred and.
Speaker 4: Fifty million people living in the European Union, the leftist cesspool that has been European Parliament for a very long time has been drained in this year's European elections. Every five years they get a chance to drain that swamp.
Speaker 6: And this year, gosh did they deliver.
Speaker 4: Now, if you watch any mainstream media, they're saying the far right.
Speaker 7: The far right parties I've taken.
Speaker 4: Over, or maybe just mainstream values one out because if they're that popular, then they must be mainstream.
Speaker 6: So bad was the blood letting or good? If you still ending where I am?
Speaker 4: That Belgian's Prime minister wasted no time resigning in tears the world's smallest violin place by globalist scum. And then of course there was President French President Emmanuel Macron, who again the results were so devastating he knew that, Okay, the French people are telling me, I am on the nose.
Speaker 6: He's called a snap election.
Speaker 9: Demagogue's and nationalists on the rises. Bad for our nation's bad for Europe, and it is bad for the place of France in Europe and in the world. Yes, far right, it's bad for the French people and for the French nation. At the end of the day, you not able to just pretend nothing.
Speaker 4: The far right are bad, but the vast majority of you clearly want it. Because Lepen's Conservative party has given that man a hiding he will never forget. And while he was dissolving parliament and calling a snap election due to take place next month, France was celebrating, as was Germany, as their af D party, known as the right wing party in the country, also was elected to the European Parliament five year.
Speaker 6: And then there was Ireland, the rowdiest bunch of the lot.
Speaker 4: And here is that newly elected member Malache speaking to the press. One message in.
Speaker 7: Euview, does your election.
Speaker 3: And a very clear message that.
Speaker 1: The revolution has been worn.
Speaker 6: What a win for the European Union.
Speaker 4: Check out as quick summary of this blood letting France, the National Rally wins. Germany, the AfD party surgers. Belgium, PM's gone Maloney's brother of Italy wins. You'll recall that she is best known as a staunch conservative. Austria, the FPO becomes the largest party in the country. Spain, the right was bidding the left by ten percent, sent in the end they won by more than that.
Speaker 6: And Luxembourg first.
Speaker 4: Ever seat for the ad R, which is also known as a Luso right wing party because that's.
Speaker 6: What they try to convince everybody else that mainstream values are now. I just love this. I just love this.
Speaker 4: Four hundred and fifty million people go to the polls once every five years, but we've never seen a European Union.
Speaker 6: Election like this.
Speaker 1: I love that you've come in read tonight to signify the bad leading and read in my ties.
Speaker 7: Revolution to.
Speaker 1: Get the joke out of the way. First, when I first heard about the AfD Party, I thought I'd never vote for them because AfD stands for alcohol free days, and that would never appeal to me. But it is so good to see. I want to use the term uprising because people think, oh, you know, you're coming to take the place direction. It was not a storm. People exercise their democratic vote to say we're not happy with the way that Europe and for that matter, that the rest of the world is going, and we're going to do something about it. This is a movement that has been on the move for quite some time now. You've seen it move through domestic politics in Europe, through various different countries, and Maloney's a great example of it in Italy and being elected as Prime Minister. You've got no doubt it will happen in France as well. And it's curious that mccron has decided to go at this point because they only had an election in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Now he hadn't.
Speaker 1: He could just hang on and use the power he's got while he's got it. But he's realized things are so bad that he's like, I got to get out of here because it's going to be really bad if I don't do something now, almost to try and arrest the loss that may come later. But this is a great thing for Europe. It's people sticking the two fingers up, much like they did when UK left Europe through Brexit, and saying we don't like it, how about you have a go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't figure out what the hell. Curious is not the sea word I would have used to describe Emmanual Macron's decision. I cannot figure out what the crazy. By the way, well that's what I would or Humphrey Applevie would say. Correct. But this seems to me insane, and it seems to me the action of someone who, if there's any rationality to it whatsoever, it would be the action of someone who's thinking, what, it's bad now, but it's only going to get worse, so I better. But that seems to me to be pretty insane, because surely, as you say, you'd stick it out and try to make it better. Other than that, you can only imagine that it's the reaction of someone who is in this sort of elitist bubble who thinks that everyone thinks it's this terrible thing that all these far right parties have got this surge of popularity. Therefore we must call it election straight away, so all the normal people who think exactly like me can come out to the ballot box and show them that they're in the minority and that they're dangerous, and that you know that people of France won't tolerate their extremist ideologies. And isn't that how you get Brexit presently?
Speaker 1: Hey, you get Donald Frans.
Speaker 3: Isn't that how you get the voice vote going down?
Speaker 6: How's your pitch in in?
Speaker 4: You saw them just there staring down the barrel saying, you know, we're going to the polls France, but in that very announcement saying how bad the far right are? I mean, the vast majority of your country mate just voted for the Penn's Conservative Party, so lost words, dead words? Why are you trying to now basically insult the vast majority of French chees who said we don't want you anymore? And noticeably, one of the things that every single one of these winning far right parties had in common was cutting down on im aggraation. We have not seen anything here in Australia like Europe has been seeing for a very long time, with illegal aliens changing the face of their countries forever, and the natives are absolutely sick of it. These parties stood very staunchly against immigration and they stood very staunchly.
Speaker 6: Against the Islamization of their countries.
Speaker 4: A lot of their catch cries is Ireland for the Irish, and so on and so forth. They all have this catchphase because that is what is resonating with people who are sick to death of seeing their taxpayer dollars squandered on people who aren't even legally in their country, seeing the healthcare system and other systems burdened by again just a massive influx of people, seeing a rise of crime on their streets. And this is very noticeable in France, which I think is another reason why I'm one has just gone I can't fix what I've broken.
Speaker 6: I'm just bowing out early.
Speaker 1: And I despise this characterization of it all as far right.
Speaker 4: And indeed, which is why I say, at what point you're just going to say its.
Speaker 1: Main stream that the idea, the idea of saying fair idea is to denigrate it right, And they take phrases like Ireland for the Irish and then suggest that that means that you have to be white to be Irish. Well, no, there's lots of Irish citizens who are.
Speaker 3: Not white, and at iris Iris on Irish do not have a strong history of multiculturalism in the order problem.
Speaker 1: If you have Irish heritage in your blood, you are probably whiter than most of us. But you don't have to be white in order to be Irish. It's simply saying the people who are here and who are citizens want to keep this country for them. And I was listening this morning, as I sometimes do because you've got to keep in touch with the enemy every now and again, to ABC News Radio and they were interviewing a bloke over in Europe about all of this, and he kept characterizing these parties as far right, and then he was talking about how, you know, the Green parties had a low turnout. Okay, okay, So if you believe in low immigration, you're far right, but if you believe in home well, you're simply a Green party. And this is what they do with the language far right is meant to denigrate. Green is very lovely. We care about the environment, but it's much like the Greens here in Australia. They're not green, they're watermelons. They're green on the outside and read on the inside. That is what people have stood up against.
Speaker 3: I think it's a mistake to even think about or you know, bandy accusations about the parties themselves or the people leading them. That's the mistake that the Democrats keep making over and over and over again with Trump, keep going after Trump his character, what he's done, what he hasn't done, which PAULN. Starr has or hasn't paid off, you know, whatever he's said caught on camera, and they're not looking at the reasons why people who you would not characterize as far right, and indeed people who had been in America's case, voting Democrat. And obviously you know here you've got, for example, the so called far right party in France is expected to get about thirty bit over thirty percent of the vote at the election, if the polls are right. Now that's double Emmanuel mccron's party, you suggest it. So, whether or not it's a majority of French people, it's certainly more than it's certainly more French people than Macron himself speaks for. So clearly these guys do not have their finger on the pulse. They are not recognizing it's again, it's exactly the same thing that happened in England with Brexit, where you had in the north, working class traditional labor voters all voting for Brexit, and London is completely blindsided by it because of course everyone they knew at all their cool little hip bars that they went to, was appalled by the idea of Brexit, and indeed David Cameron promised it, assuming that promised it, believing and assuming that it would get absolutely smashed. And again I think the same mistakes were made in the Voice referendum here as well. It's like, of course everyone supports it. I don't know anyone who doesn't support it, and sure enough it only takes a good sort of negative campaign and suddenly you're harnessing all this dispossession. And I don't think it's a matter of racism. I think what people don't like is the idea of losing control. So it's not necessarily even the levels of immigration themselves or what they might worry about, losing their jobs to someone from coming in from another country or whatever, But it's more that we've lost control of our borders, that you know, you're no longer Another thing people forget is that people who are less rich and less afflient, and less secure in their own personal kind of authority or standing or wealth or prestige in the community. They care very very much about things that they identify with, and that might be their nationality, that, you know, the country that live, in their football team, whatever it is. You denigrate that sort of stuff. And there's so many examples of people looking down their nose at that you'll basically tell that person you're nothing, because you're telling the person who's proud to be Australian or proud to be English, or proud that you know acid Villa one or whatever it is, that you know, they're just stupid, their knuckle draggers, and they should be off, you know, like going to Yale and studying climate communications.
Speaker 10: And then they become disenfranchised, and then they become disenfranchised, and then they these people see all these elites, see all these people who are having these meetings using words they don't understand because the communications is terrible in a sort of senate left center right consensus, that they're not bothering to explain to the great unwash because they wouldn't understand anyway.
Speaker 3: And then when some unlike la pen or Trump or Boris or whoever it is, comes along and says things that are often very simplistic sometimes downright wrong. Nonetheless, these people say, well, hang on a minute. At least I can understand you, at least I know what you're saying, and at least you're promising to do something for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We can say pin saying things are the downright wrong on one particular side.
Speaker 3: Well in brexit that things in Brexit that was saying things are absolutely it's clearly completely wrong.
Speaker 4: I think it's also a little bit simpler than that as well. People are You don't have to have several degrees to be like you've trashed my country. Okay, I've lived here for long enough to remember that ten years ago we didn't have crime rates like this. Our streets were clean, homeless weren't lining city streets, et cetera, et cetera, and so on. You've got people there who are old enough to just go the demographic the crime rates so much has changed for the negative.
Speaker 6: You guys can go jump. So it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Necessarily come down to all my senses of identity or anything.
Speaker 6: It's more just like, look around you, this is bad. We need someone to fix it. These guys are strong leaders. You've had your chance, you blew it. We're going in the other doors.
Speaker 1: It shows that people power does work. Take heart, you can fight against the system. Is proof of it. Let's hope we get some good outcomes out of it. While we're on the topic of immigration, you might remember last week Joe Biden sent down this I was going to say prime ministerial, but thank god, they don't have a prime minister and a president in the United States. They've only got a president who can't think for himself. Anyway. He sent down a direction that most asylum seekers should be banned. Almost legal immigrant should be banned from claiming asylum in the United States. And that all lasted for about five minutes, because now we have seen an internal memo from the Border Patrol in San Diego which basically says most of these people should be let in the country anyway. According to this memo, adults single adults from all but six countries in the Eastern Hemisphere are to be declared as hard or very hard to remove, which means we simply let them go. The only countries that they have said people should not be allowed to claim asylum in the US is Russia, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Moldova, and Kurdistan, every one else. It's too hard. We can't do anything about it. We can't send them back in you come. So it didn't even last five minutes, the idea that these people wouldn't be allowed into the country, and you kind of got to scratch your head and go okay. So Joe Biden's got an election coming up later this year. He knows that immigration, illegal immigration is a big problem for him. He's got Donald Trump, who's running on this, ran on it last time, actually shut the border, which Biden.
Speaker 6: Has got to build a wall.
Speaker 1: And Biden for the last few months has been umming and ahring about whether or not he has the power to issue an edict to close the border. Now, maybe we need to do it legislatively because I don't know if I can do it unilaterally, which is all rubbish because Trump did it before and then he unwound it unilaterally when he came to power. So he goes, Okay, I'm going to do something about it. I'm going to send the edict down. We're going to close the border, but then very quietly, through another little piece over here, we're actually just gonna leave it open because we want all the people in here in the hopes that one day they'll become citizens and then they'll vote for Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a turtle pr exercise.
Speaker 4: He knows this is a big issue and so he wants to look like he's doing something. But who would trust him anyway. This is a man who is let in excess of ten million illegal aliens pour over the border. Not only that, he's been caught out flying them in, literally flying.
Speaker 6: Them almost like if we get those stories.
Speaker 4: We've played footage on this program before of him getting the border guards to cut the barbed wire to let people through into America. This has always been an invasion by design. There is absolutely no other explanation for it. And the hilarious thing is those six countries Cable had just rattled off.
Speaker 6: They already know that's not where these people are coming from, because you.
Speaker 3: Can watch the Projuico Stard thread is real.
Speaker 6: I'm telling the border and ask them where are you from? Where are you from? Where are you from? We already know where they're coming from.
Speaker 4: It's certainly none of those guys, which means it's businesses.
Speaker 3: But I don't think this is not a pool factor. Well, there's a poor factory in terms of everyone wants to go to the US, or go to the UK, or go to Australia because we're awesome. Countries are not as racist as everyone keeps telling us we are. They're a huge amount. There's there is there is not a there is not a deliberate there's not a deliberate strategy for there's no secret conspiracy for there's no great replacement theory. There's no secret conspiracy for the Democrats.
Speaker 4: You literally do not know that. Explain that to the taxpayers you've got you.
Speaker 3: Have got huge numbers that you have got huge numbers of pet people from South and I know that.
Speaker 4: I know that people who don't even can't truly just clogging all the city.
Speaker 3: But yet that's right, and they are a political headache for the Democrats. Whould know they about the problem is.
Speaker 4: The only way the problem was into the country was because they were ferried in by the Democrats.
Speaker 3: The vast majority.
Speaker 6: You can argue that this wasn't deliberate.
Speaker 3: Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands and millions and millions and millions of asylum seekers who were streaming up from South America through.
Speaker 6: This never happened under all the administration no, that's.
Speaker 3: Right because the borders of process being soft and so like they're doing in Australia.
Speaker 4: Everybody, let's go soft due to this government saying come one, come all Australia.
Speaker 5: Things.
Speaker 1: It is as simple as when Trump was president, he closed the border. He did it through memorandum, he did it through edict. The border was closed. One of the first things Joe Biden did when he became president was under all all of those orders and open the ball.
Speaker 3: Because that's because that's what happens. Because the Left went in opposition. It forgets all the hard lessons of learning government think, oh, no, we have to be humanitarian. Oh we're terribly.
Speaker 6: Privileged, trying to make this innocent. Ten million illegal aliens in a.
Speaker 4: Subservatives a conspiracy over the company theory. You're staring the facts in the face and saying, oh, this is just because they didn't want to be perceived as me.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding your Have you ever met a lefty?
Speaker 6: Have you seen the districe? That's what they're like in terms of crime rates.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying it's good.
Speaker 6: I believe in I believe in hard waters American cities.
Speaker 3: I believe These are the sort of people who keep destroying the Labor Party in opposition and keeps threatening to destroy every time.
Speaker 1: They're arguing that.
Speaker 6: There's no nefarious motive this government just happened to them. No, no, there's not.
Speaker 3: There's no secret plot from the deep state, there's no secret plot from the ale Pacer. We need more voters in twenty.
Speaker 6: Years of ridiculous.
Speaker 3: God, these guys can't even plan a bloody piece up in a brewery. They're not gas. We had another boat wote of asylum sea days. I've got a branch meeting down in South.
Speaker 1: They have managed to allow the reopening of the border, and we are today seeing exactly what that has done. It's not a mistake that the border was opened, nor is the fact that it has remained open for the last three years or so, coming on to four years. But now, if you were watching that then and thinking, oh my god, I'm actually feeling a bit like I'm sympathetic for Joe Biden, I have the answer for you. Go down to the gym tomorrow morning and start working out, Because would you believe a columnist over at the Guardian where else but the Guardian, which of course the Australian version that our friend Paul Murray likes to call the Turnbull Times has written a column saying that getting fit is great, as you can see there on the screen, but it could.
Speaker 6: Turn you into a right wing joke.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Zoey Williams wrote in The Guardian quote there's a dark side to wellness which I always for shorthand thought of as political. Getting fit makes you more right wing?
Speaker 4: Don't durn dun now.
Speaker 1: What Zoe is essentially saying is that when you go and get fit, you actually start to feel good about yourself, and then you become a bit more self righteous, and then you look at other people around you and you go, hang.
Speaker 2: On, you're complaining about your diabetes, and you can plaining about this, and you complaining about that.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just do what I did, which is pull myself up by my bootstraps and get on with the job and get myself fit. Who knew that the only thing you had to do was to be a right winger was just go down to the gym. Now I don't know what that says about me, because I've never been to a gym in my life and the only exercise I really do apart from the odd walk is to pick up a wine glass and sort of move it towards my mouth, So that's good for my arm exercises. I don't think it's made me left winger, but I mean, can you imagine you pick up the paper, Oh God, I go to the gym. I must be a right winger.
Speaker 4: I don't think any right ringer would be stupid enough to a read the Guardian or be believe this stupid article. But the fact that with a consistent fitness routine you will become self righteous and judgmental.
Speaker 6: And that's her idea of right winger, am I the lady. We don't have to work out.
Speaker 4: To be self righteous and judgmental. We just have cold, hard facts on our side.
Speaker 6: It's called reality, and so that does instill in people a certain confidence when we're fighting.
Speaker 4: You lot which are just full of feelings, much like this completely unbased rubbish you've spewed out in your article. Thanks for nothing, Zoe, and enjoy at the gym.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 3: A little bit judgmental and self right.
Speaker 6: This also does explain the physical fitness of a lot of lefties.
Speaker 3: Oh it certainly does not. I've bet them and I can tell you two fittest premiers in Australia Chris Min's Petermelelawscus, both from the New South Wales right go.
Speaker 1: To and look even for a lifter, you're pretty spelt yourself, I have to say. Anyway, we'll get into the papers after the break. The Chinese premieer is bringing something with him to Adelaide. Now you might be worrying and Adelaide, what is it? What's he going to do? Is he's bringing the Huawei phones. It's a little bit until you happen this. Let's get stuck into the papers where Joe Tomorrow the Courier Mail has a fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yes and thank you so much team for giving me the first cup off the rank. Tonight in the Courier, marlets Dick's Big Freeze and just as the reverse kicker up the top explains exclusive sweeteners for all, I'm not sure I want to ever see the words sweeteners and freeze. Look, it's probably headline.
Speaker 1: Every every man at home now is like clenching his legs together very tightly. But I mean it's great because a new you know, working in newspapers like I have. If you're walking through the shops tomorrow and you see emblazoned on the front of the paper Dick's Big Freeze. You're gonna pick the paper up, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes you are, Caleb. What you then do with it, I think is another great headline. It's an absolute crack up. Well, unfortunately Dick's Big Freeze doesn't result in any shrinkage because they're throwing more money than they know what to do with at this upcoming Queensland state election. A freeze on every government fee and charge for the coming year will be a pre ingredient and a budget that will have five a billion dollars worth of voter sweeteners baked in. See what I did there, sweeteners baked in well, but also the fees and charges frozen, hence the Big Freeze. This has got everything. This has got the stovetop, the ovan, the freezer, the eye cream afterwards. This is a three course meal with entrey, mains and dessert and story.
Speaker 1: You know what the dessert is, right, spotted Dick. But they had the Big Freeze down in Melbourne today at the MC they did the King's Birthday match. But you know they are so devoid of anything real in Queensland because they know that they're stuffed in terms of youth crime and whatever that they're simply going right. We are going to throw the kitchen sink, by which they mean the purse at this to try and win this election. They have nothing other than throwing money around because they've failed.
Speaker 3: I hate to correct it, but it's not just youth crime. They also have middle aged crime. This is the second story in the career. I attacked in a car park. An astounding incident of car park rage at a Gold Coast school has left a grandmother hospitalized with a head injury and a broken leg after she was allegedly attacked by a forty three year old vetor. What is going on in Queensland?
Speaker 4: So she opened her car door, It dinged, the car next to it, knits the car next to it, as happens sometimes it's a windy do this guy, assuming it was a guy, must have just lost it at her. But a head injury and a broken leg, my goodness, to the front page.
Speaker 6: Of the Canberra Times.
Speaker 4: Now panic buying fares as eggs sales limit impose. Shoppers have been urged not to panic buy eggs after a mounting bird flu outbreak prompted a supermarket giant to introduce limits on egg purchases, so Cohal's customers in every state and territory except wa can now only buy a maximum of two egg cartons.
Speaker 6: What I can't believe when we do have there's a bird flu or.
Speaker 4: Something else like foot and mouth disease, whatever, whatever the way, the government stuffs it up so hard and makes life impossible for the little guy. Check out this beautiful letter written by Wes Eggs, which is one of the egg farms in Victoria now affected by this. They basically say, look, we've had this restriction placed on us. None of our eggs can leave our farm, and this is our income.
Speaker 6: We've still got staff to pay, We've still got.
Speaker 4: A family to feed, We've still got chickens to feed, a business to run, and our other financial commitments. Our egg income is our only income. We don't know when these restrictions will be lifted. We don't have the Abian bird flu, but we're still living under these restrictions. Seriously, you can't set up some sort of testing system where they can still sell their eggs. But these these suppliers are the ones that say calls will worth other ones that test them the eggs system. Whereby or seriously, are you just shutting down every egg farm in Victoria because you've found a few cases like this? Does my head in before exactly this kind of thing sees businesses hit the wall, never to come back, and sometimes then the government will be like, oh, well, let's spend tax payer money getting you back off the ground. But for small businesses like West Eggs, it doesn't mean that you can get your clientele back, and your entire livelihood has just been pieced up a wall by a government who couldn't think of anything smarter than just be like, everyone laying eggs in the country, you can't sell your eggs anymore, Like what.
Speaker 5: Is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the farmers who are actually laying the eggs, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's absolutely right, they would be laying exactly here.
Speaker 3: And again even for not just businesses, but even for consumers. You think, oh, there's an egg shortage, our eggs are running out. I can handle that. But wait till you combine it with this story that I dug up, because did you know there's also a bacon shortage?
Speaker 1: There was in twenty twelve, according to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got me on the let's train there. But if those two k was there was a bacon shortage, it would be.
Speaker 1: It would be a very sad day.
Speaker 6: Was it due to the government shutting down?
Speaker 1: They will They probably shut on this stand, they'll shut everything. Look, you know governments build toilets with sea three doors on them, and they shut down each arms.
Speaker 3: Let's blame and is.
Speaker 1: If there's any great way to get people to panic by, it's to tell them not to panic by. I thought for all this before we know how it went with toilet paper. I can't wait for the fights in the supermarkets over the eggs. Let's go to the advertiser tomorrow. Of course it does note on the front page the death of former South Australian premiere turned senator turned federal MP Steel Hall, but it says on the left inside Ji's right hand man to visit South Australia. Chinese Premier Li Jiang, second in command to President Jijingping, is expected to visit Adelaide this month and deliver good news about Adelaide Zoo's giant pandas. And the good news is that he's apparently going to announce the Wang Wang and Funi, which are the two pandas that are there at the moment, and they're the only ones in the giant in the Giant hemis with the Southern Hemisphere, the only giant panas in the Southern Hemisphere are.
Speaker 2: Going to be replaced by a new yah, which is great because Wang Wang and Funi have failed to do the deed the whole time they've been there and breed, which is what they really wanted.
Speaker 1: And now it finally makes sense.
Speaker 2: When the Prime Minister went to China and he talked to Jijing Ping, and they asked him, what did you talk about?
Speaker 6: This is what he said.
Speaker 7: He spoke about the Tasmanian devils as being cute animals in Australia. They're probably not as cute as pandas, and I relayed the disc I think we had at a press conference yesterday about about pandas. It reminded us of the fact that not all pandas are cute by relaying the Kung Fu panda story as well.
Speaker 1: Finally, it wasn't all for naught, Joe.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Do you think the reason that not all pandas are cute is why Funi and Wang Wang didn't. Didn't. Sorry, it's not you, it's me. Something something wrong with my wang wang. I just can't.
Speaker 1: He didn't think that joke was very FUNI to be perfectly honest, but.
Speaker 6: It's not getting funnier.
Speaker 3: But we can leave. You have to stay here. You're going to be here next week. My reputation can take this.
Speaker 1: Well, this is true, but I think you've got to come back very quickly. We've only got thirty seconds to the break, Liz, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, good news.
Speaker 1: We're going to get some pandas. If only they could sort out some you know, real issues with China.
Speaker 4: While you're heat, that would be marvelous, which is what made that presses so funny.
Speaker 6: Upon his return to China and we're like, did you sort him out? Did you talk Turkey?
Speaker 4: Maybe about the tariffs or something, And he's like, we talked about our respective country's furry animal.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk turkey. We talked Pannda. One thing that can be sorted out, apparently is homelessness. But how long does it take you?
Speaker 6: You'll find out after the front.
Speaker 1: Now, look, I'm very sorry. Before the break, I promised you a story about homelessness, but it turns out that the grab we wanted to show you has gone missing. It is homeless itself. So we've brought you the second best thing, which is a Trump speech.
Speaker 3: Do you lie and you know it, Caleb. We did it because we found the greatest ever speech ever given by any human being ever. This is Donald Trump at a rally in Las Vegas, for no apparent reason whatsoever, talking about what would happen if a submarine was attacked by a shark?
Speaker 8: Have a look, So I said, let me ask you a question, and he said, nobody ever asked this question, and most because of my relationship to Mit.
Speaker 6: Very smart.
Speaker 8: He goes, I say, what would happen if the boat sank from its weight and you're in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery, and the battery is now underwater, and there's a shark that's approximately ten yards over there by the way. A lot of shark attacks lately.
Speaker 6: Do you notice that a lot of shark which some.
Speaker 8: Guys justifying it today, Well, they weren't really that angry. They bit off the young lady's leg because of the fact that they were they were not hungry, but they misunderstood what who she was? He said, there's no problem with sharks. They just didn't really understand a young woman swimming. Now it really got decimated.
Speaker 4: In other.
Speaker 8: So, there's a shark ten yards away from the boat ten yards or here? Do I get electrocuted? If the boat is sinking? Water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking, Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted? Or do I jump over the shark and not get electrocuted? Because I will tell you he didn't know. The entry said, you know, nobody's ever answered me that question. I said, I think it's a good question. I think there's a lot of electric current coming through that water. But you know what i'd do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted. I'll take electrocution every single time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I love that man so much, it's amazing. So I presented with the idea of an electric bart said. I said, all right, well, what if there's a shot coming, I've got the battery. But even then, because he as a thinker, as a thinking about lockmay he knows that even an electric bat that's sinking is preferable to a shark.
Speaker 4: Is not a question, because if there's that electric current in the water.
Speaker 6: I would just wait till the shark go just be like electric jaws.
Speaker 5: Just down with me.
Speaker 1: If we're going to go down, you imagine take this shock.
Speaker 6: What do you need TV?
Speaker 1: This? This is what I've always seen, the shot. We belong in the water too. The sharks should all be killed. I don't want them in the water. They keep eating the human beings. I don't care if you come for me. We're number one for a reason. Sharks bugger off anyway. Let's sit from us tonight. The sharks are about to write it and Comflain up makes the ridd of panic show goodness