Speaker 1: Why on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening and I have a massive show ahead tonight. Insiders reveal panic in the Albanese government that Trump could be about to win the election. The mistake Albanzi has already made. More on this story in a minute. Also tonight, I can exclusively reveal a Jewish SBS journalist is considering legal action after the public broadcaster censored interviews that were positive towards Israel. This includes an interview with Richard Kemp which SBS completely removed from online. This is an explosive story only here in a moment, and Lydia Thorpe accused of hypocrisy over accepting largess like Chairman's lounge membership, Whilest slamming the Commonwealth class. I've got the polling pointing to a Dutton victory. Upholster will give us the inside. Das tells live and an exclusive interview with a world leading authority on urban warfare. He reveals whether Israel is truly committing war crimes. Holly hre Is, Michael Kroger, Graham, Richardson, Daniel Melino, John Spencer and Moore Or coming up on the show. But first, the Albaneze government is getting nervous about the possibility of a Trump win, which is looking more likely by the day. The race is tight, it could go either way, but Trump is inching ahead in the seven Swing States. Momentum is now in his favor, with Kamala Harris bizarrely taking a day off today, just two weeks out from the election.
Speaker 3: Gooda hell takes off your fourteen days left, and she'll take a couple of more days off too. You know why. She's lazy as hell, and she's got that reputation. She's a radical left lunatic. She's further left than Bernie Sanders or PoCA Hunters.
Speaker 2: Labor is now panicking at the thought of a Donald Trump presidency. One labour sauce told me today, people were relieved that Biden left because they were worried that Trump was going to win. They were openly excited about Kamala Harris coming in, and now they're worried about Trump again. Another senior political figure put it more bluntly when he said, and I quote the Albanezy government and defat were where you can read the rest of that sentence for yourselves. Albin Ezi and Donald Trump couldn't be more different. Their views on fundamental policy areas just world's apart. This is the case for everything from a climate change to Israel, to immigration to China to energy. Climate change is one of Albanzi's top concerns, but Trump has previously described climate science as a hoax.
Speaker 4: Taking advantage all the global transition to net zero. That is so important. We have a forty three percent reduction target by twenty thirty. That just sided in net zero by twenty fifty.
Speaker 1: That just said, I haven't heard, Mike, I haven't heard.
Speaker 3: They don't ever talk about the environment anymore. You know why, Mike, you said, don't talk about it now? No, it's one of the great scams of all time. You know why they don't talk about it because people aren't buying it anymore.
Speaker 2: Trump previously pulled out of the Paris Agreement, and he could have gained withdraw from international targets. He won't want climate to be a major feature of the Quad as it has been with Joe Biden and alban Easy. Their positions on Israel as well. This is alban Easy and Trump's couldn't be more different. Trump unequivocally supports Israel. He moved America's embassy to Jerusalem during his time in office, but Albin Easy has spent much of his parliamentary Korea as an anti Israel campaigner, even yelling into a microphone at a pro Palestinian rally.
Speaker 4: We encourage all parties to engage constructively to de escalate the current tensions. International humanitarian war must be respected. We also reiterate our call for an immediate cease firing Gaza.
Speaker 3: And when I'm back in the Oval Office, I will support Israel's rate to win its war on Terra. They have to have a right to win the war, thank you, and I will give Israel the support that it needs to win, but I do want them to win fairs.
Speaker 2: Now, there's already a concerning gap between Alban Easy and Joe Biden when it comes to support for Israel. In one glaring example, the Biden administration was deeply disappointed that Penniwong refused to vote against that Prohamus resolution that was put forward by the Palestinian leadership and the United Nations General Assembly recently, and Penniwang, when she was over in the States met with the Palestinian leadership, but she didn't even sit in Congress to listen to Netanyahu's speech. Under Trump, the differences will be even more stark. And then there's immigration. Trump signed in executive order banning people from six Muslim majority countries from entering the US back in twenty twenty, but meanwhile, Anthony Alberezi issued nearly three thousand visas to Gazans despite serious concerns about security vetting in the Hamas controlled territory.
Speaker 4: A whole group of people who are suffering enormously, something that we see on our TV screens every night. We have when it comes to security processes. We have five in our intelligence agents.
Speaker 5: We do not need our once great cities to become hotbeds of terrorism. And on day one of the Trump presidency, I'm restoring the travel band, suspending refugee admissions, and keeping terrorists the hell out of our country like I had it before.
Speaker 2: If Trump does become president in just under two weeks, there'll be deep disappointment in the senior ranks of the Albanese government. One figure familiar with the Trump camp told me today that Trump will be well briefed on how left wing Albanzi and Penny Wong have been. They said that Trump will have a cursory call with Albinizi, but then he won't bother with him because he's got an election. He'll think that he's probably going to lose, and everyone tells him Dutton is a good guy. In fact, this told me that Albanzi has already made a mistake because he didn't phone Trump after the assassination attempt. Other world leaders like Keir Starmer did. In fact, the only Australian who's spoken to Trump personally in the last year and maybe even more, is Scott Morrison. But it's also not a good starting point that Albanezy appointed Rudd Kevin Rudd as ambassador to the United States, despite the fact he described Trump in the past as nuts, a traitor to the West and guilty of rancid treachery.
Speaker 6: And Donald as we know, is not.
Speaker 1: A leading intellectual force.
Speaker 6: Have you looked at a Trump rally and how many angry white men there are in those rallies.
Speaker 2: Now it has to be said that Rudd is now working overtime to forge connections in the Republican Party and I'm told he's making headway. Sure, but what he said can't be unset and that's why he wasn't a wise appointment. His past comments might be forgiven, they won't be forgotten and this isn't going to help australia national interest. And Trump, for one, certainly hasn't forgotten them.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about him. I heard he was a little bit nasty. I hear he's not the brightest bulb. But I don't know much about him. But if he's at all hostile, he will not.
Speaker 7: Be there long.
Speaker 2: One senior figure said to me today that Kevin Rudd has put his head down and he's working hard to rebuild relationships, but they doubt he'll be invited around for margaritas at Marilago. The confidence meanwhile, in the Trump camp is growing. Fourteen days out, Real cleopolling has trumped slightly ahead by one point one percent in the seven battleground states that will decide the outcome of this election, and of course that's Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Nevada. And nationally, according to Real Clear Politics, Kamala Harris does lead by zero point nine percent. Four years ago, Joe Biden was ahead at this point in the campaign by seven point nine percent. That's a major difference. Kamala Harris has enjoyed a honeymoon period for most of the campaign, and she initially surged ahead of Biden's position, But in recent weeks there've been lingering questions over what she stands for, how she'd be different from the Biden administration, and there are concerns over her ability to deal with media scrutiny. Her performance when under serious questioning from Brett Bayer was disastrous. That was pitiful for a presidential candidate. She's failed to explain whether she's changed her views from the radical positions she took in the past, and this has led to devastatingly effective adverts like this one.
Speaker 8: Kamala supports taxpayer funded sex changes for prisoners.
Speaker 7: Surgery for prisoners, for prisoners, every time transgender in me in the prison system would have access.
Speaker 2: The polls are close, and there'll be a sigh of relief from the Albaneze government if there is a Harris presidency, but most informed commentators are at this point telling me they're expecting a narrow Trump victory. Now to our major exclusive story tonight, the SBS has censored interviews with prominent international figures like Colonel Richard Kemp because they were too supportive of israel I can Tonight reveal that SBS has removed, edited, or refused to run four interviews that presented Israel's side of the story, and the public broadcaster has claimed that they didn't meet their editorial standards. A Jewish SBS journalist I met Rehak, who did these interviews, is now considering legal action. He resigned in August. Now. SBS removed from online an interview that did with distinguished British Commander Richard Kemp, in which he said that Israel was taking care not to kill civilians. Amit also did an interview with a relative of a hostage, but it was never broadcast. Management told him he couldn't broadcast it a relative of a hostage. I also understand that SBS was unhappy with an interview with an anti Semitism activist from Germany, Oriana Mari Gruger. SBS management edited amits interview to remove a section where she gave her opinion on the Israel Gaza war, saying that the state of Israel was being demonized. That was her opinion. In a formal letter, the public broadcaster accused AMT of a breach of policy, claiming that his interviews lacked balance, impartiality and didn't have a wide representation of views. Now, Richard Kemp is a distinguished figure. He led the British Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. Like Israel's allies Australia and the United States, Britain has supported Israel's fight against terror. Now, I had Richard Kemp in my program when I was in Israel, and this is what he said.
Speaker 6: The leaders in these Western countries understand the threat, they know that Israel's doing the right thing. They're just afraid of a country standing up for itself. They've forgotten how a country needs to stand up for yourself to survive.
Speaker 2: Is that a man who should be censored, who should have his whole interview removed from online as SBS did. We can presume that Richard Kemp did make similarly support of comments of Israel in his interview with SBS, as is his right and even duty as a high profile commander who has personally fought terrorism. Ffteen minute interview with Kemp did go to air on SBS radio in late May. It was published online, but a few hours later was removed emit later received a formal reprimand from SBS, where his managers accused him of a lack of challenging questions and bias. The letter said the interview lacked impartiality and balance, had leading questions, and that there was a lack of representation of multiple perspectives and insufficient critical follow up. This is extraordinary a journalist respectfully allowing a senior war commander to have his say, and he receives a formal letter accusing him of breach of employment. We've all seen interviews from the ABC and SBS where the journalists don't ask tough questions and they show anti Israel bias. Yet have you ever heard of a formal will reprimand before SBS tonight In a statement to me, they admitted to the censorship. They said the two stories you raise were reviewed and edited or removed as they did not meet our editorial standards of balance and impartiality. They said SBS does not take editorial positions and is committed to accuracy, balance and impartiality in all its coverage, including in relation to the current conflict in Israel. Gaza and Lebanon. Now, both SBS and ABC have published interviews with the likes of Anthony Lowenstein, along with others who are highly critical of Israel, and their views are egregious in my view. They often utter false accusations against the Jewish state. Now SBS has also made separate allegations against Omit, which he strongly denies. Amitt had worked at the broadcaster for twelve years and he'd expect to continue his journalistic career there. He's been distressed, upset and shocked at the censorship and the allegations. For three months now, SBS has not broadcast it's Hebrew language broadcast for the first time in fifty years. SBS admitted this, and they said to me that it was currently in recess after emits resignation. They said that resuming this service was a high priority. All right, Well, to discuss this, let's bring in now former Victorian Liberal Party president Michael Kroger and former Labor minister Graham Richardson. Welcome to you both. Now I know you both you're both hearing that story for the first time. They're that exclusive report that SBS has censored interviews, including with world famous British commander Richard Kemp. Michael, what's your reaction to this?
Speaker 9: Well, it's extremely distressing. In the SBS response, show will have to be a lot stronger than the one they gave you tonight. I've met Richard Camp, he's been in Australia. I've seen a film he produced. He's an outstanding commentator. His will record is, as you said, well known. It's distressing because SBS, much like the ABC, appears to be wandering into this territory that anything that is seen to be pro Israel or defending Israel is seen to be one sided and not warranting publications. So you've got this extremely subjective view of balance and questioning, etc. I must say I was very unconvinced by their responses, and let's hope in the next few days they can do better, Shari, because on face value, this looks like very strong censorship of a reasonably pro Israel position, which you need for balance on the public broadcasters.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I think we forget that isral is actually Australia's ally and that the terrorists are the enemy. Here. This seems to be forgotten, Richo, because SBS is censoring anyone that's put forward Israel's position. Richard Kemp, the family member of a hostage. How can this be sensitive and yet they're happy to run the likes of Anthony Lowenstein, who in many interviews accuses Israel are the most egregious war crimes. Graham Richardson.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I must say I find it a little curious that SBS would be would be going in this direction. There's no need to, there's no evidence, and yet they seem to be increasingly anti Israel. I don't know why. But I'll tell you what. If I was the boss of the SBS, somebody's bummerd get kicked, and I'd say, I don't expect you to be all the way with Israel, but I do expect you to be fair and not be all the way with the PLO. And I just don't think that that mesa is getting across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also want to ask both of your views on the other topic I spoke about just then, how nervous the Albanezy government is becoming at the prospect of a Trump presidency. Michael, this would be very difficult for the left wing Albo and Pennywong to deal with.
Speaker 1: Well, it would be.
Speaker 9: You know, Trump's obviously made those public comments about Kevin Rudd, and you can be rest assured that people will remind Trump of those remarks if he gets three elected. Despite Kevin scurrying around Washington trying to say no, no, no, I'm actually a good guy. I think he'll either have to be recalled or he'll just you know, have his term shortened by Peter Dutton if Peter Dutt wins. But you clearly can't have someone in Washington who's called Trump crazy in a danger and I mean, you know Trump's not going to put up with that. So obviously it's going to be difficult for Australia if he remains ambassador if Trump is elected.
Speaker 2: But it's not only about Kevin rud Richo. It's also crucial and fundamental differences on central policy areas, the different positions on China, the different positions on Israel, the different positions on climate change. This will be difficult for the Albanezy government to deal with if Trump does win.
Speaker 10: Difficult, but not impossible.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 10: I can't see how Kevin Rudd can deal with them at all. You know, he's positioned in regards to Trump is simply not capable of being rescued. You know, you can't say what he has said about Trump and then turn around the next day and say, by the way, I think he's a good bloke. No one will accept that. I think that's a real problem. I think you know what's going to happen is that somebody's got to get that big hook and just get him off the stage.
Speaker 2: Well, you are, you are an out and out Kamala har I supporter, Richard. We'll see how only a couple of weeks and then we'll be breaking down the results here on a Wednesday night, because you both are regulars on a Wednesday. Now Lydia Thorpe's hypocrisy is being exposed after she pulled that embarrassing stunt in front of the Royals on Monday. It has now been revealed that she enjoys all the pucks that come with participating in colonial structures like taxpayer funded into state travel. She even has a membership to the exclusive VIP Quantus chairman's lounge along with other politicians. Michael, do you think there is an argument, and I've seen others express legal arguments behind it for her to now resign.
Speaker 9: Well, there's no obligation on her to resign, but look, you know, the practical things is she's stolen that seat from the Greens. You know, she wasn't elected because she was Lydia Thorpe. She was elected because she was a Green number one on the Green's ticket, and that's why she got elected. She stolen the seat from the Greens. She should hand it back. She's complicit in theft. She's taken something from the Greens and she should hand it back. But you know what hypocrisy I mean, you know the colonial structures. I mean, there she is sitting in one of the great parliaments of the world on two hundred and sixty thousand dollars plus souper and other benefits. It's probably a package of three hundred thousand dollars or more when you add in airfares and flights and everything else. I mean, what a hypocrite sitting there on three hundred thousand and complaining, well, you know, there's fifteen or sixteen or eighteen million adult Australians. It's what places with her tomorrow? Shari quite frankly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's an extraordinary salary rich so she clearly just takes it for granted.
Speaker 10: Yeah she does. I mean, she's just a huge pain in our political bum and the sooner we get rid of the better. I don't think that there's any saving graces with her at all. I can't think of one reason why she should remain in the parliament, particularly if we're so bad, If this is such a terrible nation, why does she want to serve in the parliament.
Speaker 2: No, it's a very good point. You'd have to think, why did she swear allegiance to the Commonwealth if she feels this way so strongly. But as I've said all week, I strongly think this is Albanesi's fault because he shouldn't have invited her to this prestigious reception. Anyone could have told you that this is how she was going to carry on. There's no opportunity, there's no event where she doesn't stage a protest. So this is on them and it has humiliated the whole country on the international stage. Right, Michael Kroger, Grahem Richardson, thank you both for your time. Now. The Prime Minister is struggling to claw back popularity among voters, with the latest Freshwater Strategy poll revealing that Peter Dutton is closing in on Anthony Alberanzi as preferred prime minister. Meanwhile, the Coalition continues as the favorite and the two party preferred vote, with a clear majority of voters saying that the country is headed in the wrong direction. Well, this is extraordinary, these results. It shows the momentum is in Peter Dutton's favor. To bring it down. Let's bring in now the director of Freshwater Strategy, the polling phone that did those figures, Leo Shanahan and Leo joines me here now, Lea, thank you for your time. Look, what are the key issues that you'll finding are behind this momentum that's giving Peter Dutton the support.
Speaker 11: Look, it's that key issue of cost and standard of living and we've been seeing that for a long time now. But the government is struggling to make up any ground. It's lost over twenty four points on that very point in the last year and it's living costs. Housing is another one, Housing and cost of housing, managing the economy a third, health and social care, and then crime and social order. But the interesting thing is when you look at those top five issues, the Coalition is winning out of four of them. Now that will drive the vote towards the coalition. So as pulses, you look to not just the pure numbers, but what are the issues? What are those issues driving those numbers, and in this case the cost of standard of living as we've talked about housing accommodation. But it's interesting that crime and social order too is now in that top five list. And we can speak about Queensland, but it's obviously a major issue in that election as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, so one of the biggest issues affecting voters housing aforidability. We know there's a crisis in Australia at the moment. You would have been in the field when the news broke that Albanezy had bought a four point three million dollar cliff top mansion. How do you think this has impacted his perception among Australians.
Speaker 11: Look, it's interesting because in the last since our last poll in this month, in the October poll, we did have Peter Dutton coming within one point. As you've said, on preferred Prime minister, it has never happened before. It's forty four to forty three now and that's the closest he's been on preferred Prime minister. The two pp hasn't changed a lot, but the Coalition is still ahead now reflecting in newspoll as well. So the trend is very much in the wrong direction for the government on this issue itself. Look, people, thirty six percent voters say that their perception of him is worse as a result of this decision. A majority fifty two percent say the purchase had no impact on their view of him, and a small percentage or actually quite in favor must be those investors. But look, it should be said on this point. I mean, I don't think it's really fundamentally hurt the government or the Prime Minister personally, because if you break down those.
Speaker 2: Numbers, well, it has thirty six percent of voters say they have a worse view of him.
Speaker 11: If you look at those voters, those are voters that already had a negative perception of him, among Green's voters and particularly among a hard line of Coalition photos. So generally speaking, his personal his personal decisions in his investments hasn't really hurt. It's those fundamental issues that is hurting the government.
Speaker 2: We're seeing the Queensland election on Saturday. The polls had been showing that it would be allow inside win for David CHRISTI. Fully, we're now seeing that Labor appears to be closing the gap somewhat do you think the L and P will still be able to win a majority government?
Speaker 11: Oh well, look, I think it firstly should be said that it was never going to be easy for David CHRISTI fully. I mean, this is only the third time since nineteen eighty nine. Well, yes, it's only the third time since nineteen eighty nine they'd aim for a majority government and you see the dominance of the Labor Party in queens Now. He needs those twelve seats, he should get them. But the assumption that this is going to be a lay down masaire, I think is a little misguided. Look, I think they'll win, but it won't be as easy as many people think. I think those key issues though, of crime, where David Crysta full in the LMP of campaigned very well and it just shows up its showing up in the numbers now nationally. We saw last night the Sky News debate in Queensland, one of ten of those audience members were affected by crime, and I think that has shown to be the key issue. I think this abortion issue was a bit of a distraction. Labor made some ground on it, but since the Catter parties have effectively seated on that point, I don't think it's really going to be as damaging. So look, I think you'll get David chrystal Fully's premier comes Saturday night. But I don't think it's going to be as easy as many people say. And it's never going to be easy in Queensland because of the way Queensland is structured between the city, the Southeast Queensland, these suburban sprawl in the regions.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, Leah Shanahan, really appreciate your time. That was fascinating, Thank you, Thank you. Now still to come the connections behind Labour's Future Made in US Australia policy. This has now been called the Future Mates policy. This is making it more than a gravy train of easy money. Plus alban Easy lectures us about renewables being the cheapest form of energy, but this was contradicted in an astonishing Senate inquiry Today. All of this plus my exclusive interview with the Warfare Expert coming up on the show Welcome Back Well. The minute that the Albanezi government announced its Future Made in Australia policy worth billions of dollars, eyebrows were raised, especially over the eyewatering one billion dollar investment into American company sigh quantum to build a quantum computer. Now, As my regular guest on this show, Cameron Milner put it in The Nightly, there's now a stench hanging over Labour's signature policy. He says this is more appropriately known as future made for mates. He argues this because, he says, it's become little more than a gravy train of easy money and taxpayer funds at that he is uncovered in this article he's published in The Nightly a spiderweb of labor aligned connections that PSI Quantum has, including an economics firm Mandala headed by a former Labour staffer, amidst Singh. He also says there's links between Blackbird Ventures and various friends in the labor party. Well, someone else who's been following this very closely is Shadow Minister for Science and the Arts, Paul Fletcher, and he joins me, Now, Paul, thank you so much for your time. What can you tell me, because you've already uncovered some of these labor connections yourself, You've been on the case from the beginning. What can you tell me about some of the labor connections behind this billion dollar grant to this quantum computing company that isn't even based in Australia.
Speaker 10: You're right.
Speaker 12: PSI Quantum is based in the US and this extraor her decision was announced in April this year that the Commonwealth and Queensland Labor governments were jointly going to invest almost a billion dollars of taxpayers money. Now, as Cameron Milner has pointed out, and of course as a former Queensland Labor State Secretary he knows the labor culture very well, there's a lot of very well connected former labor staffers involved in providing advice to PI Quantum. So for example, there's a company called Brookline Advisory which was retained by SI Quantum. Lydia Ivanowski is former chief of staff to Richard Miles Jered Richardson as a former advisor to Charmers. As the company you mentioned Mandala, which are economic advisors, they produced a report saying what a great piece of economic policy. This was paid for, of course by SI Quantum. What we also know is that two executives of Blackbird Ventures were appointed by Ed Husick. Two important committees, so the National Quantum Advisory Committee, A lady called Claire Birch, who's a sener executive at Blackbird, and a lady called Kate Glazebrook was appointed to the Industry, Innovation and Science Australia Board in December twenty twenty two. Now, the importance of this is that Blackbird is a major investor in side Quantum. Side Quantum has raised money over for funding rounds, so they've got a lot of investors. No criticism of them for doing that. One of those investors is Blackbird in Australian venture capital business. No problem with being a venture capital business. But the question for taxpayers is in view of the fact that Blackbird is an investor in si Quantum and that once this announcement of a big government investment was made it was going to boost the value of the existing investments. What processes were put in place to manage any conflicts of interest in the decision being made by Minister Hugh Sick and his office.
Speaker 2: The problem is this is actually a massive story. This is a very big story, pol but it's hard to explain it, I think to people. I think one of the major issues as well that I want to ask you about is the timeline for this. When did Blackbird start getting involved in these discussions compared to other firms.
Speaker 12: Well, what we know is that psy Quantum approached the Australian government in mid to late twenty twenty two sprooking, making an unsolicited offer for the Australian Government to invest. We know that Minister Husick met with them twice in twenty twenty two, including in December twenty twenty two, and then in January twenty twenty three he visited py Quantum's head office in California. Now this is at the same time that other Australian quantum businesses like Silicon Quantum Computing, Durrak Quantum, Brilliance qu Control, the industry generally was being told there is no money for quantum. You just have to apply through the National Reconstruction Fund like everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 12: The big question is how did SI Quantum get through the gates so quickly and be in a position where they were meeting with the minister and all of a sudden the government was looking at making this investment and.
Speaker 2: With billion dollars a billion a billion dollar, we're out of time, but very quickly. You've called for an inquiry from the Order to General Wear's that up to so I've.
Speaker 12: Written to the Order to General laying out some of these facts. The Order General has written back to saying investigations being considered. So I'll continue to press for that because it's very important. And as Cameron Milner's article points out, there's a web of labor mates here and taxpayers would rightly be very concerned about the basis on which almost of billion dollars their money has been spent.
Speaker 2: Quite aside from all of this, I personally don't think that tax pay funds should be going into startups like this anyway. There's enough venture capital money out there. Why do we need tax paper.
Speaker 12: That's right, venture capital budget, Crist' it's a there's a big private sector venture capital sector in Australia. That's good news. Let them get on with making these risky.
Speaker 2: Investors exactly right, Paul Fletcher, thank you very much, Thank you time. That is a truly big story. Will stay on it now after the break. Is the Albanese government planning to make abortion an issue in the federal election after Labour's scare campaign in Queensland. I'll discuss that with my political panel right after the break. Plus the hypocrisy from mainstream media claiming Israel is targeting journalists and workers. Will an international expert on this subject would join me exclusively on the show. Welcome back Well. Australia's energy regulator told the Senate this afternoon that they couldn't guarantee that Labour's renewable energy policies will bring down power bills. Have a look, okay, but.
Speaker 13: You're saying you cannot guarantee that the current government policy settings which you model will deliver lower power process.
Speaker 14: I can't guarantee that, no, And what I would say is we would try to be quite clear about the communication. Our message, which is that the integrated system plan, which considers these things generation, storage and major transmission upgrades, is the lowest cost pathway. It doesn't refer to whether it's cheaper or more expensive for that wholesale component.
Speaker 2: All right, let's bring in our political panel, Labor and p Daniel Malino and Liberal Senator Holly Hughes. Welcome to you both. Daniel, starting with you, is this an admission from Australia's energy regulator that your government's renewable policies just aren't going to lower the cost?
Speaker 15: Oh, hi, Charien, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 15: Look, I don't think so I think understandably the energy regulator doesn't want to be giving guarantees in relation to energy when there are so many moving parts. But for me, the key thing about his testimony, and this backed up positions that they've taken and others have taken on a number of occasions, is that a strong push towards knewables firmed by gas is the least cost pathway going forward. That's the real choice Australian's face. And it's a better way forward. It's a more reliable way forward and a cheaper way forward than trying to build a nuclear industry from scratch. The latter path won't deliver us any energy for fifteen to twenty years and it's going to be incredibly expensive. So what Australians really want is the least cost path going forward, and that's what he confirmed, although.
Speaker 2: He did say he couldn't guarantee it would mean any reduction in power bills. Holly, what do you have to say with what to what Daniel just said there that this is still the least cost pathway moving forward, cheaper than going down a nuclear energy model.
Speaker 16: Well, it's still based on the provisions around the eighty two percent missions reduction at zero by twenty fifty. So they're doing modeling within the framework and policy positions that the government's putting forward. The government hasn't I would hesitate a guess given them the scope to say, what's the cost if we put more coal fire power stations in? What's the cost if we did go down a nuclear pathway? And I think it's a fallacy that it's fifteen to twenty years away, particularly when this government is still obsessed with hydrogen which every time we turn around, another project's being canceled or funding being.
Speaker 2: Removed from Australians.
Speaker 16: No, this is an absolute pipe drain being pushed by Chris Bowen that is just going to cost them more money. The government during the election campaign put a figure of two hundred and seventy five dollars reduction by twenty twenty five. That is just around the corner. And Australians don't really understand what the wholesale cost is. They don't understand the cost of generation or transmission. What they understand is what their power bills are. And what they know is their power bills are continuing to go up and that is in start contrast to what the Labor government promised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it doesn't look like the two hundred and seventy five dollars they're.
Speaker 16: All saying it's doubled in price from the so called reduction we will get.
Speaker 2: Now, we've seen that the issue of abortion has become a scare campaign or distraction if you like, depending on which way you look at it during the Queensland state election campaign. Well, senior female Liberals Jane Hume and Susan Lay are now saying that they don't want abortion laws to be a feature at the upcoming federal election. Have a look.
Speaker 17: What I can assure you and assure your viewers and assure all voters is that a Dutton led coalition government has no plans, no policy, and no interest in unwinding women's reproductive rights.
Speaker 8: We have no intention to change the settings from a federal health perspective. Obviously, individuals have their own views and Jainer is entitled as a member of the National Party to her own view.
Speaker 2: And as you heard Susan Lay, they're just referred to Jacinda Jacenterprice, who had told the City Morning Herald that she did want abortion on the nation agenda. Daniel, do you think this was in the Queensland state election campaign a scare campaign because David Chris Fooley said the laws were never going to change.
Speaker 15: Look, Schrry, I haven't been following every single in and out of the Queensland state election. My understanding is that this came up in the Queensland state election because one or more backbenches in the opposition indicated that they wanted to put it on the agenda, and then that put that question back to the leader of the opposition. So I don't think it was so much a scare campaign as an issue raised by some backbenches in the opposition. But look, I don't think this is going to be an issue at the next federal election. I think the next federal election is going to be fought on cost of living. It's going to be fought on who people trust more to give them tax cuts that give them real benefits, and on energy. So I don't think this is going to feature at a federal level. It's a state issue.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Holly, do you have the confidence that Dania has that Labor I won't try and have a scare campaign on this issue because it has worked in the United States, It worked in Queensland and.
Speaker 18: Look, I was on one of your colleague shows last night and said I cannot believe the americanization of politics in them trying to grasp onto this issue and Labor have made it a scare tactic in the Queensland election.
Speaker 2: I hope Daniel's right.
Speaker 16: I hope the federal election campaign is fought on cost of living, is caught on who's going to bring your energy prices down? And is around who's going to best serve Australians in the tax system, because I can tell you it's not this Albanezi labor government and Australians you know, we know they're number one, two, three, four and five top issues a cost of living. I don't think you're going to see these issues come up as certainly vote changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll definitely be interesting. All right, Daniel Melino, Holly Hughes, thank you both very much for your time. Now still to come. We've seen accusations from Media Watch and Sky News UK that Israel is targeting journalists and aid workers deliberately. Well just how true these claims? My exclusive interview with the world renowned expert on modern warfare after this quick break welcome back, Well, anti Israel media outlets like the ABC and Sky News UK are accusing Israel of serious war crimes like deliberately killing journalists and aid workers, emergency workers, of civil defense workers, Red crossworkers, all telling us that they.
Speaker 8: Feel they are now the targets of Israeli strike.
Speaker 13: To the war in the Middle East. And yet more did journalists, the latest being Hassan Hamad. Hassan was killed by an Israeli airstrike in Gaza, but there has been little or nothing in the mainstream media, which is remarkable. Are we now so hardened to journalists being targeted.
Speaker 2: And this reporting is just going unchallenged. Now. I've extensively spoken on this show about the lengths that Israel goes to to avoid civilian casualties, but to find out the objective truth, I spoke with the internationally renowned Chair of Urban Warfare Studies at the Modern War Institute, John Spencer. In mainstream media outlets, Israel has been accused of deliberately targeting both aid workers in Lebanon and journalists in Gaza. Have you seen any evidence of this?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not, and that's just to me, a continuation of the disinformation about all the operations the fact that the United States has said many times is there is not one bit of evidence to show that Israel has targeted civilians period, journalists, aid workers. There has been accidents, but the fact that Israel has done more to prevent and to safeguard civilians and those on the battlefield. But this is war, Israel is being attacked, Israel is conducting massive operations. I don't think people understand the scale. Even in the North, where Israel has now deployed five divisions. Israel doesn't have five divisions, it has two divisions, So those are Israelis who are trying to get in. The North has blood to stop raining rockets down on Israel. And then you have Gaza where Hamas is still launching rockets. So I think that's just more of the disinformation. Everything from the fact that there is no genocide, there is no targeting of civilians. There's actually the opposites, like weird counterfactuals. When Israel sends hundreds of trucks in daily, does these evacuations, then gets accused of doing something wrong when it's like this tiny nation under attack from all these different directions, who is actually doing everything anybody's ever tried in war to permit civilian harm, to get them out of harm's way.
Speaker 1: But this is war.
Speaker 2: You were in Gaza, I believe earlier this year. What about the figure of forty thousand civilians killed in Gaza? Is that figure, as far as you are concerned, is it accurate? And how do you compare the civilian casualties in Gaza with other wars?
Speaker 7: Sure, and I've been to Gaza three times since October seventh. I was last year in July. I can tell you that the now Hamas Gaza Health Ministry number of forty two thousand killed in Gaza is a lie. It's just not true. There's no way you could know the number. But that number itself isn't those that have been killed. That's anybody who has died since October seventh. It includes anybody who died of natural causes, anybody who died by Hamas's hand, who.
Speaker 1: Murdered, to include just this week, people trying to flee when they get the notices. It includes anybody who's missing they just don't know the name. It includes people that died years ago. I can tell you from being on the ground that that.
Speaker 7: Number is a lie and that Israel is actually the civilian to combatant ratio if we knew the number. Although in Gaza there's some type of magic system that can tell you how many civilians died. It can't tell you how many combatants die, but they'll tell you how many civilians died within hours. That's never happened in war and it never will, but they'll tell you within hours. And then mass media runs with it like thirty killed, five hundred killed.
Speaker 1: But that number is it's a lie. It's not true.
Speaker 7: Israel's civilian to combatant ratio is actually lower because they say, and I believe them more than I believe Alamas.
Speaker 1: But even if I take both numbers.
Speaker 7: Israel's actually killed like twenty to twenty two thousand Hamas and then the rest are what.
Speaker 1: Is believed to be civilians.
Speaker 7: But there actually is no way to tell that, and when you have this reporting system that's just full of lives.
Speaker 2: In terms of the international community accusing Israel of breaching international law, in your view, has Israel been guilty of war crimes?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not, And I've written that from every angle, every accusation, from the fact that Israel has not been discriminated, It has been very it has not been indiscriminate, has been very discriminated, and who it targets the enemy, only the enemy.
Speaker 1: It has not been excessive in the use of force.
Speaker 7: It has not been you're overwhelming, as in not what the law of war says in my analysis to include being on the ground and going with the actual units on the ground. They're following the law of war, following rules of engagement that are very stringent against the complexity of this enemy in underground cities that nobody else is also faced in war. No Isruel is following, is going beyond the legal requirements and is following their moral ethical way. Militaries fight and doing everything to prevent some light arms. So all of the starvation not true, all of it.
Speaker 1: It's all a farce of lies.
Speaker 2: John, what's your comment on the United Nations, both from the positions expressed from its senior leadership but also that pro har Mass resolution that was put forward that had majority support in the United Nations General Assembly. Do you think the UN has become an enabler for terrorism?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, we didn't get here, and I think that's what we're seeing, especially in Northern Israel, where the United Nations Security Council resolution seventeen oh one and the mandate of UNIFIL of over eighteen thousand United Nations forces that we members of the United Nations paid for, who have completely allowed the entire area to be combat areas for HESBLA, massive bunkers and stockpiles.
Speaker 1: The UN is failing.
Speaker 7: This has been the greatest test of the United Nations since the end of World War Two, and it's failing with the Islamic regime in Iran, with all these proxies, with the way it determines what the law war was, how it's been co opted by humanitarian rights groups, how.
Speaker 1: It has become just a political.
Speaker 7: Theater, basically problematic when this is the organization that's to prevent war and it has guided us to the situation.
Speaker 1: Where we are now and we need leadership.
Speaker 2: The United States is sending a fad battery missile defense system to Israel, yet at the same time it's issued a letter threatening to withhold weapons if the situation doesn't improve in Gaza. What message do these conflicting messages send to Iran?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think so for Iran, I mean I think it's we are in an election season. War is politics. I think that's a huge sign of the strong relationship and the iron plaid agreements, and that I'm proud of as an American that the United States will defend Israel, especially from attacks from another nation state like Iran. So the sending of this very advanced air defense system that will integrate with other defense systems, there is a very big signed to Iran to not continue to itack Israel and the iron clad relationship because that comes with American soldiers part of that air defense system. It's not the first time it's happened, but it's a huge step and I think opposed to this letter, which is you need to do more about humanitarian aid, it's a giant sign of the actual iron cloud relationship between the United States and Israel, as Israel is fighting a seven front war which includes drones, missiles, ballistic missiles from.
Speaker 1: Seven different directions.
Speaker 2: To be honest, John Spencer, thank you very much for your time. And that was my interview with John Spencer earlier. He is so impressive. Now, two quick things before I go. Firstly, a shout out to my colleague Chris Kenny. He did a sensational interview earlier today on a Legras Spender and the teals. Make sure you check it out online. Also, if you miss my exclusive from the start of the show about SBS censoring pro Israel, that'll be up on the Sky News website soon. I've written an article Otherwise, that's it from me. I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock. And right now, here's Paul Mara