Speaker 1: Okay, it same, it's Harps, it's Patrick and Tiffany. I've been told off nine times on my own fucking show in the first five minutes. This is the third time I've started a recording because apparently I overmodulate. Well, I think Patrick fucking undermodulates and look at the results he produces, so I think over modulation is the way to go. Tis been insulted two times, as she's called a cat a little fuckstick nine times. Patrick's trying to make me more technically capable. None of it's working. It's been a shit fest. Thanks for listening. We'll see you next time. Over and out. Patrick, Do you think that there's any chance that you could mold me into what you need me to be like? Because I'm just born to fit in for you.
Speaker 2: I'm not a miracle worker. I'm just an engineer.
Speaker 1: I'm just an engineer. Oh, that's funny. I do have some inaptitude. Is that what you're saying straight into the mic when I get excited?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, okay, so we're talking about you getting hyper excited every time the three of us are together, and you just your volume goes up. See my pitch goes up, and you always say that I'm a girl because I get excited and my pitch goes up.
Speaker 1: But you get nothing wrong with being a girl, Patrick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so your volume goes up and my inflections go higher, but that's not a mad thing. It's great that we get so excited with me together.
Speaker 1: And I think it's great that we have such a representation of you know people, because you're a boy pretty much like like like you death, no sit down. Oh my god, he's just going to show us mister snufflepagus, fuck you hell, keep that shit. Yeah, I would be more offended than Tiff. Keep that well away. And then there's Tiff. I mean, god, bless so hard to be a girl?
Speaker 2: Have you.
Speaker 1: Do you own a dress? We were joking before we went live, like a dress there.
Speaker 3: Are there are a few dresses in my cupboard that have not had a run for a very long time. I have to wear a dress in Cairns next month. I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to wear a dress? Like do they determine? Oh, because you've got to do's.
Speaker 3: A gala event at the end of the conference that.
Speaker 1: You know in Australia that's known as that's that's in Australia. It's a gala event, so go in feathers.
Speaker 3: I might just do that.
Speaker 2: You could do that, Kansas and hot and muggy. Wouldn't it be better wearing a dress? Wouldn't it be more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Well defined, comfortable mate.
Speaker 1: Emotionally and mentally distressing for her physically? Perhaps?
Speaker 2: I mean, could you do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hybrid like? Were it killed instead?
Speaker 3: I have pulled the jumpsuit card for as many times as I can, just trying to get by with that.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Patrick's got several of those. You girls could get together and fucking just sort through and see what looks good on you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know I wore I wore I went surfing at the weekend and I put on my.
Speaker 1: Hang on hang on, you went surfing?
Speaker 2: Okay, well it wasn't quite so it was bottom. I had a boogie board. Okay, that's still hitting the surf, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the most accurate you can be. I went to the beach. We believe that, but hey, everyone, I went to the beach.
Speaker 2: The takeaway from that was that when I when I left k Rock and Geelong, my going away gift was a rip curl full piece of wet suit and I dug it out of the cupboard and it fits. I still fit into my thirty year old wetsuit. How good is that?
Speaker 1: Well, firstly, nobody goes to the beach and gets in a wet suit. It's summer.
Speaker 2: I know it's cold. It was span of water, mate, it was a cold day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're soft, bro. If have you ever served, No, I haven't ever served. You'd probably be good at it because you're annoyingly fucking athletic.
Speaker 2: Better than me.
Speaker 1: My first mate, Patrick will just be on the beach eating sandwiches together, holding hands.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what it's great for washing out your sinuses when you get dumped that salt water in the mouth, through the nose, out the nostrils. Yep.
Speaker 1: I should have tried that three years ago for my ears. I might have avoided three years of ear turmoil. Anyway, Well, welcome Patrick. We do love you, and if we do love you, please send a photos of you in address. If that doesn't get traction in typ Land, put that up in the group me or Tiff, both of you do you know what, I'm sure everyone would love to see you in a dress as well, or as you call it, Tuesday, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you that I actually once went to a drag party and shocked up in address no no once. I lived at it once. So it was a closed party. It wasn't a public thing. And should I tell the story.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to mention closed. I think we realized when you go to a party, it's not a fucking public event. True. Where was it? I was in the city square? Okay, just me and nine thousand other people. All right, So you went to this this closed event. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: Well, the theme was drag, and so I thought, wow, if I'm going to go as just any old drag, I'm going to go as a queen. The queen. So a friend of mine had a girlfriend who was coming, and she was a makeup artist. So she spent over an hour in the chair, had a wig and everything, and of course I couldn't see what she was doing. And then when she finished, she got the mirror out and I was looking at Queen Elizabeth. It was amazing, like it was the most phenomenal transformation. And then the whole night I just walked around with the handbag pul necklace on behalf of my husband to day. It gave me great pleasure to be there and I just spoke like that for the whole evening. It was great.
Speaker 1: I want you to do the whole podcast and that can I just mention old firstly, Patrick, sorry I cut you short a bit, good story. And also I could see you I was going to say pulling off the queen. As that came into my little filter that I have in my brain, I'm thinking, I'm not sure that that's the best term, but let me say impersonating the queen rather than then the other option. I could see you doing that quite well. If I just want to mention before we actually do what Patrick's meant to do, which is share stuff of a technical nature, technological nature. I noticed before the show that every time you talk about your cat, the word fucking is associated to it. Patrick, have you know she had my fucking cat?
Speaker 3: Because I shut the door, I'm like, cool, I'll shut shut the door, and next minute minute from under the.
Speaker 2: Desk, I'm like, where the fuck.
Speaker 1: Were you you go? I could have said something so funny then, but I can't go on, so I can't. It's no it's two years eight, all right, Patrick, Welcome to the show officially, Why don't you start with whatever story you want to start with. Then I'm going to read as going to say patronizingly, your little list. See I've got myself. Well I didn't mean it like that, but in my head, your little list, And then I thought, no, that's not very respectful, it's quite patronizing. So I'll read your big list while you're yacking to us and think about what's up next. So what do you want to lead off with? What's got your attention this week?
Speaker 2: Can I just get something off my chest? Because I've been annoyed this week. So every time I've opened a pdf, my Adobe pdf reader says, this appears to be a long document. Save time by reading a summary by an AI assistant, And It's like, fuck off, I'm going to read the whole bloody thing. Don't tell me what the best part of this bloody pdf is. I'll decide what the best part of this pdf. Adobe. Stop it. Stop telling me you're going to summarize my bloody article. Stop telling me that I don't need to read it, Like, what the hell? I want to use my brain? Sorry, now I've got it off my chest. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is spoken authorized by pissed up Patrick Ja mayor of Banella, is just Banillo. I don't know. I don't open too many PDFs, but oh I do a few, but maybe, but I get shit coming up all the time in that going Hey, use this or we can summarize that for you and would you like to? Yeah, So I'm with you. I think you just got I mean, that's not going away. That's only going to get more prevalent, I would think, And I'm just like, nah, I'm good. Thanks. So yeah, I don't know. I think navigating from an emotional and a mental health point of view, for us as individuals, navigating the AI landscape without getting sucked into it and becoming a non thinking, unaware, fucking cyborg in its orbit is a real responsibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolutely right. And it's interesting because last time we did a podcast and occasionally we ask listeners for feedback, and in fact, we've had two lots of listeners contact us during the week. One is Mark Keo.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Mark is a trainer and does first aid training in Western Australia. Really nice guy and he was Hey Mark, Hey Mark, great, glad you listened to the show.
Speaker 1: He drives Tiff doesn't want you here, clearly because she said so from Patrick. So from Patrick and I Mark, we alpha males love you Tiff not so much.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah. Evidently he spends a lot of time on the road in his car, so he has very little options but to listen to.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure there's a few I'm sure there's a few other things available on the interwebs.
Speaker 2: Nothing but than top.
Speaker 1: Yep, go and tell us about Mark.
Speaker 2: Well, he was saying that he was listening to an episode of Rogan and Musk, and Elon Musk has been quoted as saying that within five to six years that phones will not have any apps on them, and AI will predict what it is you want to do and serve it up. So I was thinking, as I was getting annoyed at Adobe my PDF reader, that would be the worst possible case scenario to have my phone through AI decide what I want. And I just thought it was quite an interesting reference that Mark made to the fact that AI is just absolutely taking over our damn lives.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you, but why does that predictive kind of thing about what you want to know? Why does that bother you?
Speaker 2: So much because it takes the decision making process out of my hands. There's got to be a point.
Speaker 1: Does it though? Does it? Can't you just go no, I don't want you to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, he's said. What he's saying is there won't be any apps on your phone. You turn your phone on, there are no apps.
Speaker 1: Here's my here's my will. I will bet one million dollars in six years. There are apps one?
Speaker 2: Okay, TI, if you're writing that down right, yep, I saw you're writing it down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: He's calling them edge nodes, and so you'll skip the manual app when you're navigating, and the edge nodes will just do whatever it is you're thinking. You think you need to do, or he thinks you need to do.
Speaker 1: I think the only problem is Elon didn't agree to my bets. So unless you want it, you two want to go in Harvey's and give me half a million each? Yeah? No tips out, just giving me the big wave off. And also let's just get through our listeners. By the way, if you want to send send fuck it, send it to Patrick. Yeah, what's your email? Ag don't send them to me? No. I love you though, but I'm not the tech answering, dude, what's your email again? Mate?
Speaker 2: I just just go to websites now, dot com dot au and then you can fill out the contact form and just all right you want to ask, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tell us about MAXI young, Maxwell, Peggy who and you something?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: We've had two interactive kind of questions in relation to AI, and I guess the one that Maxwell high Maxwell. This is where you say, Hi Maxwell, or do you hate him as well?
Speaker 1: Hell? What is wrong with you? Fucking It's not all about you, you reckon. You can pay attention to the show for one and like be like you're actually part of the fucking crew here. You're not meant to be fucking looking at your computer like you're some person in the background just fucking editing.
Speaker 3: Hi Maxwell, I hope you're really well.
Speaker 1: Fucking Hell, I don't think he bought it.
Speaker 2: Go on Patrick Well to quote Maxwell AI fuck terrifying. Yes, yes, nice quote. I like that. So basically, the question he's asking is who controls digital reality? Because when you think about it, it's only a very very small, massively massive wealthy amount of tech companies that now control search, social media, messaging, video consumption, digital advertising. Because you think about it. Now, more than fifty percent of all the content that we're now seeing online is generated by AI and those algorithms that we're looking at when we see a YouTube reel and then another reel comes up because they want to keep you on the app or social media. So the reality of it is it's a very very small amount of people who have this ridiculous amount of power. And that's a frightening thought. And I know we've discussed this before because we're talking trillion dollar companies, not million, not billion, but trillion dollar companies that have so much power and influence And where's the oversight you know we're trying. Of course, on the tenth of December last year, we saw that social media became restricted for under sixteens. Now, some smarter under sixteens have got around that. Some parents have managed to keep their kids on socials by basically, you know, fudging the system and you know, making out of them who has that social media. So you know, people have got round the bands to a degree in Australia. And it's controversial in itself too because I mean I'm kind of digressing a little bit, but one of the articles I was going to talk about today was young people who are now feeling like they're exceptionally isolated because they've lost all their friends in terms of being able to interact on the likes of Snapchat and not being able to contact friends. And you know, the tenth of December was right at the end of the school right at the start of the school holidays, and suddenly this blanket band came out, And so if you were fourteen or fifteen, then suddenly you weren't able to reconnect potentially with friends. And if you had a disability, or you're from a small kind of I guess community that was a little bit fringe, and your friend were in other states and other parts of you know, the country, then potentially you could have lost contact because I know stacks of kids that don't have numbers and phone numbers. They just interact via Snapchat.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I need an unequivocal, off the defence answer from you. Do you think it should have happened or not? Don't give me any nuance. I just want because it happened, so it's done. Yes or no? From Patrick James Bonello. Should it have happened? No? Okay, that's interesting. No, I respect yours. I here's what I want to say though, back to like you're going, okay, So there's all of these these big companies with trillion dollar this and trillion dollar that, and you are correct. I one hundred percent agree, And they're they're kind of making the decisions about what goes out into the world. Da da da. But what they're not making decisions about is what we individually look at. Yes they have some influence, of course, but I don't need to I don't. I couldn't really explain to you what snapchat is. I've never used it. There's a bunch of things I haven't used. There's a bunch of things I have. But you know, so what they are doing is pushing more and more options and I guess available whatever AI or things that we can interact with or use for good and bad. But like we I think, as a society, yes all of this is true, but we keep acting like we have no personal sovereignty or power. We are just puppets at the at the hands at the mercy of these puppeteers with AI and this and that, and we can't control our own feelings or reactions or choices and our future as fucked, not because of anything. I think that's complete bullshit. I think we every day get to choose what we look at, what we interact with, what we do, what we eat, whether or not we move, what job we do. You know, It's like, there's so much more to my future and my wellness and my purpose and my health and my mental and emotional existence to what these companies make available to me. And I think everyone needs to And I'm not trying to be too fucking philosophical, but it's like this large percentage of the world to walking around going, oh, we're fucked, No we're not. We're only fucked if you say we're fucked and you let people control you, and you let nobody can control your decisions. And can these things be addictive? Sure? So are cigarette how many people don't smoke most, how many people don't use severe or serious drugs most, how many people are not alcoholics most? So we have a level of individual responsibility to go, yes, all this shit is happening, and as you say, mate, some of it's fucking terrible, and maybe some of the decisions that have been made shouldn't have happened and all that, but at some stage we've still got to go. Yeah, but what about you bro about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had this chat briefly in the last episode. I won't rehash it because we're talking about people being overweight, and obviously, you know, whatever you put in your mouth is your decision ultimately. But what I guess, and I agree with you and the reason that I said, and I guess I'd like to know what either of you think should we have had this band roll out to under sixteen, Tiff, did you think the band is a good thing or a bad thing or yet to know.
Speaker 3: You're not a good thing?
Speaker 2: Crago?
Speaker 1: My honest opinion is I'm not sure because I just haven't looked at it. I don't know, like I would feel disingenuous making a comment on like I would need to see some kind of evidence either way, not just a conversation. But I know I asked you to do the same thing. Okay, so I'm going to go my gut says, probably doesn't. No, I just rationalized that roundback to where I've asked you to do what I'm not going to do, So get off your fucking fence.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I nearly said the S word. Ah, I know, Craig what did you think I was talking about.
Speaker 2: That's a big in my language, Craig, and say.
Speaker 1: That, look's I think probably it wouldn't. I don't know that it's going to make a massive difference, So I would be happy if it didn't happen. And I think this stuff is hard, right because it's it's provocative, and it arouses emotion in people, and once people are emotional, they are less logical, they are less practical. And also, most people about most topics of significance already have an opinion. I'm not saying knowledge or data. I'm saying they have an opinion, and very few people want to change their opinion. And I think that in itself is a problem, not that just to be able to be willing to go, oh yeah, I think I got that wrong. Yeah, I think I got that wrong. And I've gotten so many fucking things wrong, even things that you and I have argued about in this podcast. I'm sure I maybe now share your idea, and but you just kind of OK. I think being open minded but also curious is the nice combination.
Speaker 2: And you know the reality of it is, when you impose a blanket ban, I realize what the essence of the idea behind it is and that is to protect children from you know, the onslaught of AI or the onslaught of social media, and you know the terrible perils there are online. And I want to protect kids as well. But isn't it more empowering to educate and guide and nurture and for parents to be proactive and teachers to be proactive. And you know, we educate people. So you know a lot of kids, you know, get told don't touch that because you'll get burnt. Now, some kids are going to touch it and get burnt and learn that exercise and learn that lesson themselves, but a lot of kids won't. If you sit down rationally and say this is what's happening, and this is why you shouldn't do this, then you know, you can have connected communities online and kids won't be isolated if they want to be able to engage with friends and people of their own age, but now can't. So I think that once we have a blanket ban, we're now enforcing something and it feels like a nanny state. And that's what I think prompted my no answer more than anything else, that I think that we should educate and nurture young people and help them and guide them and say, yes, this phone is fantastic. There's so many things you can do with it. However, there are problems. There are people online that you don't want to interact with, you know, there are connected communities that you probably shouldn't be connected with, or there are algorithms that are going to make your feed feel like you're playing a slot machine and you want to keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, scrolling and scrolling. I bought myself a new gadget recently, and I think this is kind of cool. Craigo, can you describe what I'm holding in my hand?
Speaker 1: Your penis or the other thing? All right, the other thing? Okay, so well I can't see your right hand, so I'm just assuming. So in his left hand, he's holding what looks like to be a hexagonal piece of steel. I would say it's tiff loves that. It's about forty mili dimensionally across and looks like it's about I don't know, fifty mil high, maybe thirty mil and it's got some kind of electronic timer or clock in the middle, and on the other end it looks like a hole, so it looks like something from the Space Program. It doesn't good, Thank goodness, we didn't go the other hand, But there you go.
Speaker 2: That looks like something from the Space program too.
Speaker 1: See see you don't need to open the door. I just need to tap on the door. People, get it right?
Speaker 2: You remember what Bezos's ship looked like? It was a giant penis. Remember when he took off in his big spaceship and they went out. You don't remember it anyway? Look so anyway I do.
Speaker 1: I do. That's because that was out of that movie. What was that movie called? No, it's a real thing. It wasn't a movie, No, no, no, I know. It was a real ship that looked like a cock. I remember that Cox just got a certain resonance, doesn't it doesn't it doesn't it? Well like, there's quite a few people who have them, So let's not get too overwhelmed. I mean, there's a fair percentage of the population.
Speaker 2: What did you say, at fifty percent of the population, it's a fraction less yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Tiff, don't pretend like I mean. I mean, the listeners know, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the listeners are dying to know what Tim Patrick's left hand, that's what the listeners know, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you to bring you back on track to that thank you.
Speaker 1: It looks like something that should have gone extinct in the Amazon two billion years ago.
Speaker 2: Can I now talk about it?
Speaker 1: I've seen it, I've seen it. Just looks super fucking tired.
Speaker 2: Go on, Patrick, I'm just thinking about that new movie about the Amazon called Anaconda.
Speaker 1: Sorry yet, that's what the anaconda would eat as a fucking snack as a warm up? Okay? Can can you just say what that is? And can we get onto another topic? I think people are jumping off the ship.
Speaker 2: They are sorry, like the sst yp you reckon, Max and Mark is still listening because we've name dropped them. Now, there's no reason for them to keep listening.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I'd be long gone. In fact, if anyone's listening, If anyone's still listening, I love you, But what is wrong with you? And why are you still here? Come on? What is that thing?
Speaker 2: So? What it is? It's a timer with pre set timer amounts so five, ten, thirty, twenty five, fifteen, And what what I what I got it for? Was I set this for a specific time period? They want to focus on a task and then I switch off all other distractions and I use it as a way to just focus on. I get distracted really easily. You know, clients call for tech support, phone calls come in. So what I've done is I've got.
Speaker 1: To know, you know, tip how he goes I get distracted easily. Then he has to give us ten examples of said distractions. Hey, you could have just stopped that I get distracted. We get it, we know what distractions are. We don't need your list. If I can carry on, We've got to get through some other shit. Carry on.
Speaker 2: You wasted more time berating me than I did giving examples.
Speaker 1: For one hundred in the hope that you won't do that in the future.
Speaker 2: Let me keep going for trying out loud Jesus anyway.
Speaker 1: Blaspheme, Mary listens, Sorry, Mary.
Speaker 2: We're talking blessed Virgin or your mother or both one and the same. Now, So this is a timer, that really is You're very quickly able to set a time for however long you want, and it gives you a countdown. But for me, it's a way to disconnect from technology without distractions. And I just thought it was a nice little mechanism to be able to demonstrate how I'm now effectively trying to not be distracted by technology by using technology.
Speaker 1: If can you edit out the last seven minutes? That was fucking the opposite of entertaining, wasn't it? Fuck? And hell, I want to fucking jump over the balcony right now.
Speaker 3: Gadget that Patrick can come in here with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can your phone not do the same? Can you not put it on flight mode? And your same your phone does the same thing? Anyway, I don't know. I'm not the tech guy, but it seems fucking unnecessary. Hey, great work, trick. Look at him. He looks like the little kid in the school yard up the corner. Just fucking no, mates, Ah, let's bring you back into the fold. Just do better. Five seven hundred years without recharging the diamond nuclear battery built to outlast civilization.
Speaker 2: That you are said, Fuck that, I've got a timer.
Speaker 1: If you can bring one of these into the studio, I'd be happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this is really this is actually kind of really interesting. Okay, So it's a carbon fourteen diamond battery. Right now, we're not talking about powering your phone for five and a half thousand years or powering a car, but there's a University of Bristol have been doing research into the decaying electrons that he used from carbon rods out of nuclear reactors and the slow release of these carbon rods. So the radiation effectively from the carbon rods in cased in diamond means that you don't get irradiated, but if you're in a probe into space, you could potentially keep powering it for nearly six thousand years.
Speaker 1: Wow wow yeah. Yeah. If you know that voice that you hate, yes, I'm not going to use it. Think of carbon rod said by that voice, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Don't ask about it. I don't want it to come out, your.
Speaker 2: Carbon carbon rod to come out?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah. Is that ever going to be a thing though, Like, is that ever going to be operational or is this just a hypothetical?
Speaker 2: No, no, Well they've been able to demonstrate that they can use it. So it's the it's the it's the UK Atomic Energy Authority, and they've teamed up your Bristol so that if look flict it's got start off as researches. But these because at the moment these carbon fourteen rods, they know they have a radioactive isotope and at the moment they use them for carbon dating, so if you know, when they measure how old the dinosaur bone is or something like that, So it's the same technology. So this is something that potentially, yeah, can be used and they need to do something with the carbon rods. So it sounds like it's a great way to use something that's going to be around for a long time and make it practical. So is it going to happen? Looks like it will. Yeah, I don't see why not.
Speaker 1: We'll stand by everybody. I like the next one because it's an intersection of science stuff and stuff that Tiff and I enjoy, which is kind of motorbikes electric or they call them e bikes, but they're essentially motorbikes. And before you tell us about the story, have you noticed, either of you, all of the stories on the New use about these swarms of e bikes, like literally one hundred kids at a time out on eboat bikes taking over roads and freeways and oh yeah, and some of them do one hundred and ten hundred and twenty kilometers. Now, they're essentially a motorbike, but they're riding them without helmets, and so that shit is I think that's that's going to have to be addressed really quickly, because just.
Speaker 3: Before I went back to Tazzy young boy I think he might have been fifteen, had an accident and passed away on an e bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so sad. And what people don't understand is like an e bike will out accelerate a lot of motorbikes because they're electric, so it's instant, instant talk, and that's one of that's why EV cars are so Yeah, zero to zero to one hundred and three seconds is heading towards common now with evs in the old days, like like a Ford Falcon with a three point fifty one will do it in seven seconds or eight seconds, and that was mind blowing. Yeah, they just so far. Sorry, mate, tell us the story if you would.
Speaker 2: So, government authorities, people who are in the medical industry and emergency departments are raising all these red flags and saying they're seeing so many more injuries with kids who are using these e bikes. And look, this is the tough one, isn't it. The reality of it is that, Yes, I think the biggest issue is the importation of bikes that exceed the speed limit. So there are two types of e devices we're talking about. So you've got scooters which are totally electric and they are limited. I think the speed limit in Victoria is twenty two kilometers in our maximum for an e But with an e bike it's slightly different because these e bikes they've got what we call battery assist or motor assisted, so you can pedal normally and then you can click into battery mode. And that's why they're allowed on the roads because they're effectively a bike, but they've also got a battery and a motor in them. But the ones you're talking about, they actually look like motorbikes and they are very, very very fast. So there's a very because the thing is on a pushbike you can go more than twenty two kilometers an hour, so you know, regardless of chronics. So the reality of it is when you then combine them with an e bike, yes, it is very fast. The challenge of course is again you know, I guess what are the legalities of the importation of these e bucks. We don't make them in Australia, we're just importing them. You can go to Big w and buy one there all over the place, and it comes down to well, you know, if someone's doing the wrong thing on the roads, whether you're doing the wrong thing as a cyclist, whether you're doing the wrong thing as an e bike rider or a motorist, then you can get pulled out by the police in charge. You can be fine. Mind, the issue of safety of young people being doing stupid things on a very very very powerful, quickly accelerating e bike is the big concern. But I wanted to touch on another article that is adjoining to this, because e bikes can be really really valuable for people who are less mobile and can assist them greatly. And the flip side to all of this is a study, a scientific study has found something really surprising that from a fitness perspective, people who are older, say fifty to eighty three. They did a research study between the age of fifty to eighty three and they found that people who are in their older stages of life using e bikes are actually healthier and mentally more focused because they're riding and they're being more active, and so there are measurable cognitive and mental health benefits from real cycling even though they're using a bike. So if they're using a traditional bike, now As people get older, then it's harder for them to use a pedal bike. But if they've got an e bike where they can get electric assists, then they're more likely to be independent and riding. And what the found is, and this is the lead research for a lady by the name of Louise and Leyland said that in real world urban environments it can make a really big difference because being outdoors, it adds sensory input, navigation, social interaction, and it can't be replicated by just doing some sort of exercise indoors. So howering older people and helping them stay on the road longer or helping them stay mobile longer using e by technology is going to be really beneficial. So if we suddenly ban e bikes because Alaric and kids are getting out there and they're riding too fast, what they're effectively doing is making it harder for older people who are going to get real that have benefits and physical benefits from riding e bikes. So I just wanted to throw two of them into the mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that, dude. I one hundred percent agree with that, lady, And you like that. The thing about it, it's all about like with everything. It's almost like dose dependent. People go, oh, that's bad. It depends on how much of it, or you know, like an e bike with I don't know, five hundred watts of power, which is what they come two hundred and fifty watts, which doesn't mean much to everyone, but that's like what they come out with. It's not a lot of power, right, and they actually won't go faster than twenty k's. But then when they've got bikes which you've got five thousand lots of power, which they also have five kilowatts, right, they've got these very very light things that are actually very high powered. And as you correctly point out, we're talking about different things that just happen to have the same name. And you think about an older person like TiVo, all of a sudden, she's got she can ride the bike, she can pedal it, she can have some assist if she needs, and she's used her brain, as you suggested, to navigate potential threats and dangers, and she's solving problems in real time and she can Yeah, I agree, And I wish that my only caveat would be with the older older people, which sounds hilarious, but maybe tricycles, not bicycles, just for I definitely wouldn't want Ronald Mary out on one of them. I think everyone around Maybe it depends on the individual, of course, but maybe around seventy seventy five we should start thinking about something with a bit more stability than two wheels. But other than that, I think it's it's a great I hadn't really thought of it, so, yeah, that's a good highlight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a motorbike that came out that we were talking about on the show a few years ago that had some sort of internal gyroscope that made it more stable? Do you remember that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? I don't know that ever went to production, but I remember that there's but there is. I think there's one motorbike that you push a button at the lights and little wheels come out at the back, like training wheels, So as you roll up to the light, seas little wheels come out, so you literally don't even have to put your feet down.
Speaker 2: That's for you, mate.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just think, I mean, honestly, as I get older, I think a lot about these, you know, And I'm dealing with mum and dad right now, and I think, yeah, we like. There are so many things, and we've spoken about this maybe once. But if I had all the dough in the world and I could just I could do whatever I want. One of the things I would do is I would get an acre of space and I would build a playground for people over sixty five and essentially a playground, and make it as safe as humanly possible. People would get coached the first time or two on how to use everything, and I would make it free. If the government did that, I would respect the government, just because you know, we don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing and play for grown ups, and I mean real play, physical play in a balanced strength, coordination, fitness, muscular endurance, aerobic endurance, spatial awareness, interaction with others, socializing. If you could build something like that that people used regularly, such a fucking three dimensional physical, mental, emotional, healthy thing for people to do.
Speaker 2: That is the best thing ever. One of my Do you remember my friend Tina.
Speaker 1: Who I do, Oh yeah, she's nice, she's nice.
Speaker 2: In our early thirties, she decided for her birthday that would go and do a McDonald's party, and we're told off by the management for using the playground equipment at macas.
Speaker 1: Who's that old cunt sliding down that tube and pushing that all year old ahead of him?
Speaker 2: But I think it was in Pran and so it was one of those big indoor things with tubes and we're crawling all right, asked to leave by the manager. Yeah, shocked. We also went to a video shop once on someone else's birthday wearing a pajamas and moccasins. Yeah, but see the adult play I think that you're right though. I think that's a great idea, you.
Speaker 1: Know, mate, I'm not kidding. I would go. I would legit go because how fun is climbing fucking swinging, like balancing? Oh? You tif you would fucking love it. You'd love it, mate, I'd love it. So many people I know, like, once you get over your bullshit, your ego, your fucking self importance, fuck all that. That's all unhealthy, emotional fucking shit. Just go down. Put your ego at the front door, and your self esteem fuck it. Put those in the lockers next to your stinky socks and just fucking get out there. Just But I bet half of our audience or more ago and fuck I would actually do that. That would be good.
Speaker 2: Couldn't we just put a sign outside just average playgrounds and say between this time and this time adults only.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know, but because I think the children's playgrounds wouldn't be ideal for the for the oldies, so I would I would design that environment so government, I will do that for free free. I will never charge you one cent. If you give me the financial resources and the space, I'll develop this for you for free. And I will get a team of volunteers who will also work for free that I will train and will revolutionize aged care. So there you go. I don't know that this will ever get to them, but you know, if you choose to do that, I'm in. I'm on board. I'd almost almost make that my purpose for at least year or two. How good would it be? Like that excites me? Yeah, doing that for free excites me. Then getting a high paid gig like truly give me that project because that's such a fucking great thing for people.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind being your crash test dummy on that too. You know, I'd be there it all out.
Speaker 1: Like if I if I pulled that off and I said, mate, would you volunteer ten hours a week? Tip, would you volunteer whatever? Five?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 1: I'm almost positive you'd both go yes, and Patrick you'd probably go. Can I do more?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to go home now, you know, and if maybe you as well, I have to go home? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Can I just sleep on the big fucking that ropeie thing over there that you know? What's that? Like that webbing that they have like that, like the giant mesh? Yeah? How good would it be? All right, let's let's not get way laid with my dreams and visions for the elderly.
Speaker 2: Well, can we bring dogs with as crago? Because I think that's important. Lunar and Fritzi should be.
Speaker 1: There as long as I think dogs, and I think you know what also like for a little period of time, like a care or a person. But I would have it staffed. It would have to be set hours, and you'd have to have at least one or two. Well, if I know, there's a bunch of shits sort out, but you sort it out. It's like with every good thing, there are always hiccups and problems and things to resolve and work around. But what I love is I love the idea truly of doing something for nothing. Then people can't question you. You know, there's no agenda. I'm not going to open a fucking this. There's not going to be anything sold via this. I want people to volunteer. I might step away in two years and someone else takes over. But I think when you go, and I know, it's very rare when I truly have no agenda, no commercial interest, and if there was some way that money was made from it, I don't want it, do you know what I mean? So yeah, I just think that that is anyway, let's not get too weird and deep.
Speaker 2: Patrick, Well, i'd just say just on the same theme. A few years ago, my friends who lived down the road from you were Christmas. I think they got me a voucher to a rock climbing place. Now I've done a lot of rock climbing over the years. It was my kind of chosen sport. And they got me a voucher and they came with me to this rock climbing gym and I thought this is for kids. You know. They had harnesses where you could step up poles and climb up, and I thought, it's not real rock climbing. Well, you know, obviously I was really excited to just be with my friends anyway, but it was very much like a kid's playground type gym. Oh my god, I had the best time ever. It was so cool because the harness is rather than needing a blayer, so a blayer is when you go climbing, say indoor and potentially outdoors as well, you can do as well. It's called top roping where you put on a harness, You've got a rope attached to you, someone that's holding the other end of the rope, and you start to free climb and then they pull the rope up in that way if you fall, it takes the fall, where in this case they had this automatic mechanism that allows you to be able to clip in. You start climbing and it takes you up automatically, so it doesn't matter if you fall. It was a bit nerve wracking for me, who had done rock climbing, to think that I didn't have a bulayer. It was all automatic. That was a bit scary. That was the most thing for me. But one of the things that I liked the most is they had a series of poles and you step up onto one pole, so just the width of a normal pole in the ground like a ballard, and they progressively got higher and higher and higher, and they went round in a circle and you had to try to jump from one to the next, to the next to the next, and it was so much fun and it just made me think about it when you were talking about a playground for adults, you know, those sorts of things, and you know it was geared at kids, but adults were obviously able to do that. You know, there was another wall where you could compete with somebody else to climb as high as you could, and then when you got to the top, you hit the button and it locked. It locked in your time, so you actually have a time speed climb as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think I think you want to kill old people. I want to. I want to. You know, old people cannot do any of that. I'm talking about old people. I'm not talking about strong, healthy, fifty five year olds or whatever the fuck you are.
Speaker 3: But straining for the next Ninja warrior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, have you actually met an old person? That's not what I'm talking about. Come up to La Tri Valley to the Ron and Mary Show and you'll go Ah, there it is. I get it. I want to know about I kind of want to know. But I asked this question with trepidation. Optional underwear? Fuck the pros and cons of going commando?
Speaker 2: Study and I thought it might be something interesting.
Speaker 1: Notice how his voice went real high that time, Tip, it went up four octaves. You know he's a bit nervous or gonna bullshit when his voice goes up so many octaves.
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I just ask the question, there's anybody can commando today?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I no, I've never gone commander in my life. I don't think we should ask tiff that.
Speaker 3: I think that's today.
Speaker 2: Great. Oh that's really good to know.
Speaker 1: Did you say great underpants?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Well? You open the door? What makes them great? When I say you opened the door? No, I mean, I mean, I realize that can be metaphoric in many ways. I just mean I'm not talking about oh fuck help, I'm just talking about the conversational door.
Speaker 3: Continue on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. There's some stats out of the United States that say that a poll of American people, about seven percent of Americans so they always go commando, and about say that they often go without underwear. Now, I don't think I ever have gone Commando. The whole idea of put on a pair of genes and not being able to get everything or feels cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I know what are the alleged benefits.
Speaker 2: Well, for men, it's more about being able to have the you know, you not being constricted because when you bring your testicles too close to your body, they heat up, and they because they should. The reason that they're external is because for sperm production, they know it's supposed to be better for you. So you're potentially lowering your sperm count if you wear tight underwear.
Speaker 1: What if I bring my testicles close to you? Is that the same? Also on this topic, we've had a guy on the show called Lucas aon Who's uh Lucas, He's no, he's great, he's great. He's in the integrative kind of space and the bio hacker space, and he's right up there. He's like one of the I don't know, top ten in the world's highly regarded. But he's always banging on about icing your balls always yeah I know what, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, icing your balls. Just look it up icing testical icing.
Speaker 2: Dow algorithm algorithm.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying to you, right, now I'm saying that if some of the boys out there want to find out, we'll just say, what are the benefits of icing your testicles? It's goods clinical, there's not going to Hopefully no pictures come up. Oh he's a photo of the step one. Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Patrick's just gone to get the ice cube tray out of his freezer.
Speaker 1: Do you know what interests me on this this Patrick? The fact that only seven petrol powered cars sold in Norway last month, seven in the whole country changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, evidently it helps increase testos thrown levels and sperm quality, boost energy and sex drive, and improves sleep quality. Oh that could be good for sleep quality. I better check my face.
Speaker 1: Are we're talking about petrol cars or.
Speaker 2: I'm still icing nuts?
Speaker 1: Right? So just say that again.
Speaker 4: Sorry, benefits, well, sperm quality, sleep, all those sorts of things. Yeah, I just said it and I closed the window.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it was, but it was faced the right amount of time. I don't want to end up frozen jets crackers.
Speaker 1: Well, if you can do that for your one, I'm just asking chatters, do you know what you need to get? Get an egg cup with really cold water in it? Oh, I know, Maybe I don't know. Maybe you figure out your own protocol. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: How about I will if you do for a week and then the next episode will report back.
Speaker 1: Fuck, no, no chance. You do it. You do it. You do it for the good of the show and the good of science, and we don't need any videos, all right. Talk to us about Norway only selling seven cars that are petrol powered in a whole month of car sales.
Speaker 2: That interesting? Yeah, so there was for the month of January, the twenty nine hybrids were sold and ninety eight diesel cars were sold. Okay, so we're talking diesel, but battery electric took more than two thousand sold and only seven actual petrol cars. So they're switch over from you know, petrol power to EV has been amazing, and so that was just the I guess the biggest uptake of any country in the world has been in Norway. That's a pretty interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to find out what your guess without looking the population of Norway.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, maybe I don't know, eight thousand people, eight million people, sorry, eight million, Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is that good? What's your guess? Norway.
Speaker 3: I'm not good at that game.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, just because I was thinking two thousand cars is not a lot of cars to sell in a month. But the answer is about five and a half million, five point six, So you're not Yeah, because I could have guessed anything between three and forty. I wouldn't know, So you're way accurate, more accurate than I would have been. Perfect. All right, let's do one more and then let's hit the frog and toad. You choose, bro, you choose something that fascinates you or I can.
Speaker 2: No, I will. I will a new start up. And this look, I don't know whether you this. I don't want to sound morbid, but thinking about death, I came to a decision that I wanted to be cremated. And then I thought, well, then what happens to my ashes? And now I know? I am so excited about this a start I saw this a startup as talking about being able to send a thousand people's ashes into space affordably. And we're talking as soon as twenty twenty seven. So there's a guy who's the founder, Ryan Mitchell. He founded a company called Space Beyond, and this stems back to when he was just a young guy looking at the sky, and he'd been to a recently, had been to the death of a relative and they were cremated, and he went to an ash spreading ceremony, and then he thought, now what it's over, you know, So in this case, I just thought that would be so cool to be able to get my ashes into space. Look. I think it's because remember we've spoken this on our show a few times about my bucket list. So I've got two bucket lists. I've got the bucket list of things that are achievable and the bucket list of things that are never going to happen. And so the achievable one is, yeah, I want to go to Japan and that sort of stuff. But the bucket list of unachievables is going into space. But I like the idea of my ashes being fired off into space. I think that would be amazing. And also it would be cool because when you say, well, people are going to go visit you, Crago, would you go visit.
Speaker 1: Look if you're in space, probably not, but I would look at you through my telescope that I would buy, of course at eight thousand X. And I wonder if that star.
Speaker 2: Is Patrick, Well, we're all made of stardust anyway. So I like the idea of returning, But isn't that the coolest things just me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's you. That's you. It's not the all this thing. But I respect that it is for you because my critical mind goes, okay.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Prove to me that I am in there, Like you put a thousand people's ashes in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you? Or do you just go to empty a few ashtrays and go that's Brian, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cynical, And I'm thinking, are they like a thousand separate little compartments?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's my my like if that was one hundred percent, let okay, let's not be cynical. If that's true and you or party you will being, then I think it's for you. It's fucking amazing like me just understanding how you work and what you love, and if that was true, then I definitely think it's for you. Fucking great.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: I decided recently as well, Craigo. I've got the ashes of my first dog and and hopefully Fritz is going to be with me for another a long, long, long time. But part of my will will be to have my dog's ashes added to my ashes as well.
Speaker 1: I just thought, fuck, how can I make fun of you? Now? Can you stop?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 1: Well it's beautiful?
Speaker 2: But yeah I want so Fitzi and Ferdinand, my two dogs, will be with me forever. Isn't it great? And then we could be space together.
Speaker 1: Well, can I just say you're probably going to live a thirty another thirty years, so there's a fair chance there'll be a third and maybe a fourth dog. Yeah, not that Fritz is not going to live forty years, be the first Schnauzer in the world to live to forty. But on the off chance that he dies, let's say thirty, there might be another dog. Tell people how to find you yep.
Speaker 2: If you go to websites now, dot com, dot au and if you want to chat to us, we want to talk about it, thinks Max and Mark. Feel free to give us a topic to chat about. It could be anything. It could be with you you go commando or not? See that would be interesting to know how many of our listeners work commando while listening or And the other thing too is if you want to do some health exercises with me, tie Chi at home dot com todau and we could do terfict. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If people want to get punched in the face by you or in a group where they could potentially get punched in the face by you, do you have any spots like it? Can people come to your group or are they kind of closed now because you're a big deal and famous?
Speaker 3: They can absolutely come to my group by training people at nine am on a Sunday, I only do one group session a week. Is it a closed little studio in Sinkira and it's epic? Ah?
Speaker 1: So email us at at my website if you have a website. I know you have an email of course, or tell people say again tifcook dot com. Yeah. So if you want to go get punched in the face, Patrick, well, I'm not saying anything about the ring. You've done. Well, I can see you restraining yourself over there. Well done.
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking I was going to ask Tiff if maybe I could come along one Sunday morning. I didn't realize you did it at nine am. Can I come?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: This is good. I'm definitely coming to that. I am fucking filming the shit out of that with me. Will you be gentle with me? No? Sucking man up. Go over there, put on your gloves, get the fuck punched out of you by an almost girl.
Speaker 3: And thing session. That session, it's it's all strength.
Speaker 1: Hey, tif, Tiff, Tiff, it is a boxing session.
Speaker 3: When Patrick comes, I'll have the gloves on hand.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to We've got to go. Patrick. Don't start a new conversations. Okay, all right, you kids will say goodbye affair, but everyone thank you. Say goodbye team. Bye, team,