Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 3: We would have boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash been, he's non recyclable catching number.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we will be discussing the pressures of reality TV and who better to sit down with the now newly crowned Love Island winners Mitchentina.
Speaker 4: Mitchentina's love story one over the hearts of Australians all over the country, and today we'll be hearing what the couple have been up to since the finale.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for all the goths.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 4: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice and much more.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, guy, Congratulations, you've just been crowned Love Island Season three winners.
Speaker 1: How does it fail?
Speaker 5: It's very exciting. It's been crazy the last few weeks. To be honest, I haven't really had a time to chill to chill. So it's sort of just going back and forth Melbourne, Sydney, doing a bit of travel and stuff.
Speaker 6: So it's been fun.
Speaker 1: It's surreal.
Speaker 3: I think like it was like kind of just being like thrown out the other end and not having like been.
Speaker 1: In touch with your friend's family.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's like, yeah, yeah, probably got one hundred questions.
Speaker 2: As well from what happened.
Speaker 6: To see my parents in two days for the first time.
Speaker 5: Wow, I've met Tina, so I haven't met mine, so pep, which will be good.
Speaker 1: A nervous Tina a little.
Speaker 2: Bit lucky for you though.
Speaker 4: They probably already feel like they know you from Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: What happened when Mitch met my family. It was like they literally ready knew him. He met my grandma too, and like they loved him. I'm more nervous because you've not had like a girl friend before, so so this is like the first girl homes with the first I'm going to be shaky.
Speaker 6: Already feel like they've seen everything so.
Speaker 1: Like they should have.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of like it's easy.
Speaker 1: Now are you guys making that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I would have liked, Yeah, how does it feel to be the winners of season three.
Speaker 2: Is it like settled in yet or is it still all surreal?
Speaker 1: I don't really know what that means.
Speaker 3: Or when you're in there, it's such like tunnel vision because you're just focusing like on your relationships. Even towards the end, it was like our friendships with people because we're in a good place, but everybody else's drama became like we were trying to like hide from everyone else's drama.
Speaker 1: And then it's so bizarre.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 3: Do you get to the final three and you're like celebrating like that you've made it that far in the journey together?
Speaker 1: But then it's like, oh, there's actually a winner.
Speaker 3: And people voting and people are what cheap? So I think that was like so strange. I forget it's part of the show's format at the end, but yeah, I mean, I think for us, it was just so nice that people believed in us like we kind of did, because you know, you don't know what other people are seeing, so I think that was just something nice for us.
Speaker 5: You don't know who likes who and who doesn't, which I think is so funny when you get out and like someone's just coughing it and people loving you like whatever. So yeah, it's so weird because when you're in there, you have no idea. I guess you might think someone's were liked and you come in they hate it.
Speaker 3: So when you guys were in there, I know, for me, like I kind of had like an inclination that it could have been me.
Speaker 1: Did you guys feel the same way. I think we knew we were strong, like do you mean like that one that one? Yeah, I think we knew we had we were.
Speaker 3: Like strong together, but everyone felt kind of like that that I really wasn't short.
Speaker 5: I feel like on the last I think it was the second last day, we did like everyone inside had to vote and that was how we got the final three, and we had the most vote, So that was kind of when I thought, oh, we actually might win this sort of thing. But you don't really I don't know, you don't really see it like that.
Speaker 6: When you're in there. You kind of just going through it.
Speaker 5: And then that was probably the first time I thought, oh, like, people see something in it.
Speaker 6: We're kind of just like righting the wave. I suppose, until.
Speaker 4: As an outsider watching it was quite evident that like production wanted you guys to win, and I feel from the way they were like making you guys look the final day like you guys went on a helicopter.
Speaker 6: Remember that when we when we actually went.
Speaker 3: On it, I didn't feel good when we had to be the ones working up at like four am.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 5: I remember like we got back and everyone's like debriefing what their dates were. And I remember on the way back like geez, like I wonder what everyone else's got.
Speaker 6: Like they're gonna have private jets. We'll say it for the rest of it. We got and everyone's like, yeah, we went paddle boarding. I'm like, what the hell you've been actually a helicopter around by? And anyway, what.
Speaker 1: Are you guys gonna do with the money? What about that?
Speaker 6: It's Christmas time, so I'm expecting Christmas.
Speaker 3: I mean, this should be the best one for the gift, I think for me because there is like a bit of distance between us. Like my first thoughts are it's like all going to flights because we will be traveling back and forth a bit. But yeah, that's my first I haven't really thought too far, like I'm not really like a splurge or on like a big ticket item, like that's not me. So I don't think I don't have anything that's front of mine.
Speaker 2: You guys, thinking about moving in together.
Speaker 6: Is expected.
Speaker 5: We actually haven't. We've really spoke about it. I think mine's the same. We'll just be going back and forth. But I guess you know what it's like when you come out and you have one. There's so much not pressure, but there's so many people behind you and supporting you. Like everywhere we go at the moment, everyone's just like going nuts. So it's kind of like we're trying to just disinc ourself for that and do it out because it's so different like being out to what it was like where everything's done for you get together and now we have to like now I have to do everything for Tea. But it is so different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we kind of just want to go at our pace.
Speaker 3: And try and make a move so fast when you're in there, it's like exponentially like going such a fast pace that I think if we were to move in, I just don't want to like put anything I think so fast that we would like just burn ourselves out. And it's kind of really nice at the moment because we are moving around a bit and that's like nice, and we have somewhere to stay. Yeah, and yeah, it's been so easy. I mean doing it at the moment that that's our short term plan. Yeah, long term, like I'm gonna do it forever. And I know, like the twenty five k is going to be dropping for each of them as long it's not.
Speaker 1: Huge, and yeah it's not huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so like I guess with me, I can relate to you guys because we didn't know into Sydney. It's really difficult. We also felt the pressure. We jumped in, moved in together and it.
Speaker 2: Probably don't rush things.
Speaker 3: Probably learned from my Yeah, probably don't rush things, but I get it, Like flights are expensive. It's hard going back and forth for sure, but it's still it's like nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting.
Speaker 6: Things on a holiday all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm exhausted, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys must be getting close to getting burnt out because it's been.
Speaker 1: A big end of twenty twenty one for you guys.
Speaker 6: It's it's been a massive year to be honest.
Speaker 3: Rolling out into like Christmas and stuff, because I don't know when it ended for you guys, Like is it around the same time. Remember, it's just like the worst time of year to be split out the other end.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you guys thought about potentially going in a holiday together.
Speaker 6: We want to onto Yeah, thinking sort of we want to go oversee.
Speaker 5: Somewhere, to be honest, but we're kind of just waiting to see what.
Speaker 2: Fiji. I know a nice place there, Yeah, check out.
Speaker 1: We were actually talking about Fiji.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Because obviously Love Islands usually in Fiji. I feel like we've got a little bit this stiff. You know what's funny is Season one was in Spain. I when I got on to Love Island, I was like, you're a trip here, yeah say here? Yeah, yeah, it's six weeks after the trip, Like I'm going to be loving it.
Speaker 1: Then we were like, we got stiff Fiji. Now you guys are like we got we're in federal h.
Speaker 6: We're chickens running around down and there was one night that the cow jumped the fence.
Speaker 4: All right, So what was the hardest thing about trying to form a relationship in the villa?
Speaker 3: Well, I think when I first came in, you obviously played the cards, you dell, and I was first paired up with Ronnie, who we.
Speaker 1: Just don't We're just not it together. I don't mesh with him. You don't mesh. We actually do the opposite whatever. The opposite of meshing is like, it's that, Yeah, I just like a conversation. I'm like, all right, I was just gonna agree to never agree.
Speaker 3: So I remember thinking, God, this is going to be like difficult if no one comes in and I'm not like a super flirty person. And I feel like all of the girls were like doing the most at the start, like very like, and I'm like, great love that confidence go off sis.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't turn it on though, for like anyone. So I was starting to think.
Speaker 3: And I remember I had to chat with Aaron and I was like, oh, God, like, maybe I should not be here. Maybe I was meant to be like this, and they thought I was meant to be like this, and I was really like, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to find anyone.
Speaker 3: And then you came in and I was like, oh, it's fine, I can do it.
Speaker 1: On second thought, it wasn't. I mean, it wasn't smooth.
Speaker 2: Saley.
Speaker 3: Obviously from that point we need to talk about it out.
Speaker 2: So obviously that would have been a hard part with Emily.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really not like I guess you both know what it's like when you're in there and someone comes in and I don't know. I guess it was such early days as well, we've probably known each other. Yeah, people forget so obviously, like, yeah, it's just it was awkward, like it wasn't I don't know. People thought that I knew what I was doing the whole time, but I actually wasn't really sure. I just wanted to like I wanted to do what was best for me, So I was kind of like I didn't feel like I was stringing along, but I just wanted to do what was.
Speaker 6: Best for me.
Speaker 3: It was like a day, Like it was like a day, and it's never like nice to see like someone that you're into, like flooting with someone else. But I kept thinking like, like stay in my lane, because if I was to go on a date with someone in the real world, we're not exclusive from like day one, So I was kind of like, I don't want this to affect our relationship and like how we're getting on, because it's like something from the outside.
Speaker 1: So when it started to happen, I was like, I'm just going to let even like step back. And I had a lot of girls.
Speaker 3: Being like, you need to go pull him, you need like market territory, you need to like grab him from.
Speaker 1: Her, and I was like, that is not my style. Like if he doesn't come back, that's fine. Yeah, it's not fine, but it's.
Speaker 5: Fine people when they go in there, Like, I just didn't want to be that person who went in there and just like pick someone for the sake of picking someone and tried to just be there. So for me, I was kind of like, well, I have to not give it a go, but I have to see there's not anything there, but actually, like I actually do what you're meant to do in the experience, because I just didn't want to be that person who was like the first person I saw, like that's it, I'm done that.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean the question, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Really think anyone did, to be honest, like I think I don't really think there was any couples from start to finish at all. I think people were pretty pretty happy to sort of try it out or whatnot, which is what it's meant to do. So I just didn't want to do it. I just didn't want to play it safe.
Speaker 6: I wanted to you guys go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are a lot different than us.
Speaker 4: We sort of like stuck with who we were with a couple of you guys sort of like played it around.
Speaker 2: A lot more. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, it was really impelling TV to watch both of you in that situation. You know, it was really it was it's real life, Like you were really upset, but you were kind of hiding it from Mitch. Mitch looked like you your head was scrambled.
Speaker 1: You were just like, what the fuck am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: And then we see Emily like grabbing you, and then Tina's kind of doing her own thing. And then the moment that I loved personally was when Tina went on another day, another guy and you're like, what's happening here? Doing a screenshot of that moment, like cameraman must have been like, yes, gimme a raise.
Speaker 1: It was like perfect your face, Like I want that printed somewhere like in HDCA. It's like so good if he's in trouble, to send him his face. Yeah, I don't want you don't want to be heading to this. Yeah, you're not happy about that, you.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was actually sitting next to Emily when that happened to it, could yeah even.
Speaker 3: Speak the whole time apparently, like you weren't even speaking to her, and everyone thought it was so funny because you're just watching the date, Like you.
Speaker 1: Came up to me before the day. You came up to me before you I was going on date. You came up to me before, and you go, can you talk to you later? Have fun on your day.
Speaker 4: I was like to say that, are you still friendly with Emily?
Speaker 2: Both of you? Yeah, yeah, no hard feelings, not at all.
Speaker 1: We've both like chattered like in between.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, she congratulated this and all that. She's pretty close to around too, so it's kind of what you're not what you're there to do, but it's kind of like just part of being there.
Speaker 1: Like three days of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think it's almost offensive to think that she would still be bothered by it, like you're good, sweetie, but like she's not there, like Emily define, well.
Speaker 2: I don't know this is bad.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about jealousy because I came up of Love Island and it was a fucking nightmare for me.
Speaker 1: I was just like every fucking.
Speaker 3: Girl in Australia is throwing themselves at my boyfriend and I'm going to kill someone.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this.
Speaker 3: We need to, like, I need to hear what's going on. What's the jealousy situation, because I know there is one.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think, like, to be honest, I feel like I trust teeny completely, so it's not really a thing for me at all.
Speaker 6: But of course, like I've.
Speaker 5: Been out a couple of times with friends and we all went out together with Aaron and Ryan on the weekend and yeah, people will friendly and come and speak to you, but I.
Speaker 6: Mean friendly friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: I think the girl's going nuts at those events.
Speaker 6: I haven't actually been doing it.
Speaker 4: One'king that that's nice.
Speaker 6: I've heard.
Speaker 5: I've heard some stories from the boys from the Obviously there's going to be like extra attention and that. But at the same time, like it's just we're built something really good through love lines. I'm not going to throw that away for some you know, group or whatever you want to call it. You know, it is like that's the only reason, because they wouldn't be throwing themselves.
Speaker 6: All over me.
Speaker 5: Eight weeks ago, and that's how I see it with like friends as well, because I'd be lying if I said people haven't in the last you know, a few weeks I hadn't spoke to for a while have come out of the woodwork, Oh what's going on? And I view that as the same situation. They didn't want to They wouldn't do that eight weeks ago, so it's the same now.
Speaker 1: How bad is it?
Speaker 6: I think people.
Speaker 5: Even on the weekend, I was at a bar with a few friends or a few of the love on boys. Actually, I think we're just speaking to girls and people sending photos and videos.
Speaker 3: I think for me, like, I'm like, I don't think I'm a jealous person, but like to some extent, I'm like not detective, but like, as I like, it's not nice.
Speaker 1: I've already done that in the villa. I don't want to do it out here. But that's the real world.
Speaker 3: And if someone's going to be that kind of person, they've gotta be that kind of person.
Speaker 1: So whatever.
Speaker 3: But on the weekend, kind of like my first taste of thinking like, oh, like god, like people are gonna send me literally nothing like it was. It was like you sitting someone DMed me like I was looking through and someone DM me and it was you sitting like at a table, like very innocently with like two girls.
Speaker 1: And like you can tell from body language it was fine.
Speaker 3: But even if the body language was friendly, it's a picture of a tiny moment you never know the context behind it. But the message was like, oh, I'm not sure if you guys are still together, but I thought that you should see this. I at Mouric's stones right now and Mitch is sitting with girls and send me a video like zooming in on it, and then like another one like yeah, and then another one the next day, which was like no photo, just the same kind of gist, like you standing with girls.
Speaker 1: And then they were was like not sure if you care, but it looked weird.
Speaker 5: I'm like, right, well, it's crazy because people just come up to you and like they feel like they know you are ready because they've seen snippets on TV.
Speaker 6: They don't at all.
Speaker 5: And I'm a friendly person as well and appreciate people were friendly, so obviously I'm gonna I think it just the wrong angle and it makes it look like I'm doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: It takes yeah, and that's exactly what it is. I copped it and like, just f y, I this is going to keep like happening.
Speaker 6: That was why I was.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just going to happen every time. Now it's upsetting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like I totally empathize with you because it's really upsetting and like I'm sorry he has experiences.
Speaker 1: It's fucked. But yeah, like you're I think, like way less jealous.
Speaker 2: I was about to.
Speaker 4: Say, it's just like.
Speaker 6: On Saturday night, go home, boys, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Just doesn't run away.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything about these messages till we're on the phone the next day because I just knew there was nothing and if I brought it up when you were on one, you'd probably be like right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it doesn't get much better.
Speaker 4: I was even getting anything, like they just I don't know why people think the hero's doing that.
Speaker 3: I think they are looking out for you, and I think the girl sending it want to be your friend and they want you to like reply and like be nice and like I appreciate, like probably I don't think it's from a bad place, but I'm also like keep it in that place, yeah, don't put it in my DMS. Yeah, don't give me an anxiety attack and take me to Spiral City.
Speaker 2: Please back to the villa.
Speaker 4: What was the most challenging thing about filming? Obviously getting filmed twenty four to seven a day, like we found that difficult. What else did you guys find?
Speaker 3: I think it was well in terms of that feeling uncomfortable. I think like the more like produced scenes were probably like.
Speaker 1: Just a bit more pressure. Like when I like watch them back, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do look really aw like emotionless. People like why is are emotionless? I'm like, I didn't really I was unaware.
Speaker 2: Did you forget the cameras were there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think in the day to day, like I like literally like forgot they were there.
Speaker 1: Probably should have remembered.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that they were there, but I think they were kind to me. Really, there was nothing actually I could have been done really dirty, but.
Speaker 5: I was feel like everyone, can you forget there in the villa, like you just completely forget. But then on the dates, it's like usually we'd be sitting opposite each other and there's six producers like just.
Speaker 6: Staring at me, and you get it easy.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, cameras, you want to say anything?
Speaker 5: So I found the dates probably the hardest, just because I was produced and there's takes and all that.
Speaker 6: But did you join you in the villa?
Speaker 4: It's easy, just struggle being away from home, away from your loved ones, and that.
Speaker 1: My parents want me to say yes.
Speaker 2: I found that the hardest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, Like, I think it was in like moments when I was down, like in our love triangle situation, when I was like down, I was like, oh, I'd love like a hu for my parents right now. But yeah, I think that was the moment I was like, oh, I'd love that.
Speaker 1: But we all.
Speaker 3: Became so close in there that I felt like we were like a family.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't it wasn't as.
Speaker 5: What it was like for you, for you too, but we were so close with everyone, like it was pretty crazy, to be honest, it was like.
Speaker 6: A massive family. I wouldn't have a bad word to say for anyone, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we wanted to I think I'm talking about the people who were pretty much there the whole time.
Speaker 6: I feel like every time someone went.
Speaker 5: Home, it was like probably always a person that should have gone home. It was never like you didn't see it coming. Yeah, the people with probably the best sort.
Speaker 6: Of characters, and the people that should have been there were there the longest. I think that's why we all got yeah. But by the end everyone was so close. I think that was probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was such a good group.
Speaker 4: Do you think you guys were portrayed right? They gave you the right edit for say.
Speaker 6: I think I was pretty happy, to be honest, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was only towards the end I felt like it wasn't like anything I.
Speaker 1: Said was twisted, just parts were like left out, which I get it, it's not a Tina show. It can't be all me, but I felt like.
Speaker 3: Watching it, I was getting a bit like, oh, that makes me look not great. But now I feel like if that was the worst it was going to be, I'm like, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: But at the time, I was like, one of my favorite moments with you guys was when you chose Tina same and told yeah, and it's basically told Emily sorry, it's not gonna work out a little bit of a breakup, and then you guys left on.
Speaker 1: The day bed that night.
Speaker 3: That was so fucking cute. Like the kisses, it was just like a romantic. I was like, oh, it seemed cute, but like so the day beds were so small.
Speaker 1: I would say it was the width of this table, right, not a good lenk for you, Oh my god. Outside.
Speaker 5: We did it for three nights and the I was at one point begging him. I was, please make you recoupling tonight.
Speaker 6: I want to go back. I was literally had a bad back up.
Speaker 5: The whole legs were hanging off and there was a heater on as well. I let the heater on one eye sweating.
Speaker 3: They would leave the hater on till the once it was like I thought, like I thought we were in.
Speaker 1: It was a thirty degree heater. I woke up with it's so hot.
Speaker 6: There's so many.
Speaker 5: Lights on outside too, and like they're doing maintenance at night and people like coming.
Speaker 6: To go and we're like, fuck, I have a question.
Speaker 1: On the day bed, did you guys get intimate.
Speaker 6: In terms of what as.
Speaker 1: Like, did you have sex? Because it looks like it and I just feel like figure it up in my mind. I want to Yeah, I am I own k now. So when was that the first time? No, it looks like it.
Speaker 6: I was like I seen the first.
Speaker 1: You like hate talking about this.
Speaker 3: I don't really care, so I think you'll hate this. But the first time is before Emily came in.
Speaker 1: No one knows this ship.
Speaker 2: Wanted to want some water.
Speaker 1: I don't care the reason why I never, so I never.
Speaker 3: Brought it up in there obviously when she came in, because it didn't actually matter to me. I wasn't gonna well you with me and now like, yeah, like it was a mutual decision. I wasn't gonna like play on that, so it didn't matter. But I think the reason we both didn't talk about it was because we didn't want it to be like a plot point.
Speaker 1: And I feel like once we did, it would have been like a whole thing. Yeah, So I just like never like brought it up or that.
Speaker 3: People asked I was on the Truth bike and they asked if I got to their base and I said yes, and literally I went over it so quick that no one thought twice.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get so mad.
Speaker 5: Feels like what I remember the truth absolutely Pepper on the Truth for a good half hour. When I saw that the second time, I was about to put my foot I.
Speaker 3: Know, but that kind of makes sense now, like looking back like I could tell that you guys had an emotional bond.
Speaker 1: Obviously as a viewer, we just didn't realize how.
Speaker 7: Emotional, how deep it was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like that definitely makes more sense. And then I guess, like the sex on the day there, it's like makeup sex. That's hard to I'm going to regret saying this. Nah, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Everyone knew it was pretty, but they also like showed like nothing.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can live with that. When I watch your back.
Speaker 5: I was like, we both what it's like, I feel like so much stuff happens in that dream that we'll just never get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could probably, I mean we could probably.
Speaker 1: Any it sounds like you want unpackaged.
Speaker 5: I mean there's twelve or however many six couples, seven couple sometimes in there.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if heaps of people were really hear things.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it was those things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's sort of unspoken, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean hear. I remember I had I had an.
Speaker 3: Accepting I remember I was sleeping beside nephew and I actually thought that there was a leak in like the room. I was like, is there a leak around here?
Speaker 1: Like I'm hearing something dripping like.
Speaker 2: Something that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you reckon that.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys were maybe one of the only couples who had sex in there.
Speaker 6: I know for a fact we weren't, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I know who did before us? Someone did before us.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was Rachel and oh yeah, Rachel and yeah, Chris, that's right, and then.
Speaker 1: Christ and so we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah he had a good time and then he needs this else.
Speaker 1: Funny, was there anything that traumatized you guys?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 3: Like, I thought I was going to go in and like come out with like trauma, but I actually had such like a I did. I was like, I already have trauma in the real world.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go in here. It's probably gonna be like on heat. Yeah. But I think from.
Speaker 3: Like outside bad situations, I came into this thinking, oh, I'm actually not crazy. It's like past crazy like situationships I've been in that have driven me to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when I was in here and like, it was like.
Speaker 6: So funny, boys are so different. We're just going and we're like, this is going to be so much fun.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like a holiday.
Speaker 5: My first time I'm going bang, kiss her, bang, whatever, And I was like, it was just I.
Speaker 3: Think guys think no, like so different what they signed up for, even some of the girls. Like I think if you thought you were going for a purely fun summer holiday, but like I've watched a lot of Violin kve watched like interview and stuff, and like I've probably heard things you guys have said as well, so I'm aware that it's like a really like heightened environment and that emotions are high and you're not going to be having fun all the.
Speaker 1: Time, and it's you know, it's a show.
Speaker 3: It's production, like you're working, and it felt like that.
Speaker 1: So I think because I had that in mind as well as like.
Speaker 3: Obviously the emotional side of it that we're going through. I knew it was going to be like a test when I went in, and and like I knew all of that before, So I.
Speaker 1: Think that's why I wasn't like traumatized.
Speaker 3: But I think people that went in and thought that it was going to be fun and thought that, you know that they were just going.
Speaker 1: To instantly like find love and stuff, like, I think that is who like would have struggled Yeah more with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you struggled emotionally.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 4: I actually posted a story on your crying really and I was like, I walked so you boys could run.
Speaker 6: It's so crazy because I reckon.
Speaker 5: Everyone was in there to be honest, boys, and it's so weird because like, obviously you're.
Speaker 6: I was so tired.
Speaker 1: I'm just a cry out.
Speaker 6: So I hadne cried for ten years.
Speaker 5: I don't reckon. I can't remember the last time I really cried. Like there's probably death in the family or something, but it's just you're not sleeping. You're so on edge where it's so easy to have an argument or cry. I guess so people probably don't understand.
Speaker 6: That, but I don't know. I didn't think at all.
Speaker 5: When I rolled in, I was like, fuck, this is just going to be fun, like whatever. I didn't think much at all. I'd never really watched it at all. I watched the Australian one last season and literally that was it. I didn't know much about it all. I was kind of just like, I'm just going to go with it and see what happened.
Speaker 3: I reckon. It's like the environment they create as well, like they constantly want you to be on edge, like everything's super bright and like Neon. I remember there was rocks in our pillows or something, so like what yeah, like every time we.
Speaker 1: Would like sit on a like like oh, actually odoor pillows.
Speaker 3: I think it was to stop the win though, because we didn't have rocks at first.
Speaker 1: That's what they say.
Speaker 3: But I actually watched this document tree about reality TV, and it talks about how the producers want you to be as uncomfortable as possible so that you're on edge so you're more likely to get emotional and cry and all of this, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, fuck, Like.
Speaker 4: I thought it was down to like the way they set the kitchen up just made zero sense, so we like switched it around and when they came back and they moved it right back, so like you'd have to like like on top of each other.
Speaker 3: Just naturally, like being it was like a small space though, and having to like see everything because obviously the cameras have to see everything, so like there'd be moments where like I remember you were like in the pool with.
Speaker 1: Emily and like I was like.
Speaker 3: I was like sitting with my knee to cover it because I was like, I actually can't be bothered to watch this right now, my knees like in the way, but like anywhere I went, like anywhere you go, you.
Speaker 1: Can always see like everything like perfectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It also was like raining a bit for us. Yeah, so we couldn't go outside. Sometimes we tried to, but like so on those days, you'd be really liked looking.
Speaker 1: At each other.
Speaker 6: Everyone was in the same room. You could hear everyone's conversation.
Speaker 3: It should give me so many sad looks. There were like sad looks across the road.
Speaker 6: I literally had to be like, well, I'm not sure I think Anyway, when you.
Speaker 3: Guys got off the show, what was your reaction to your Instagram followings? Because I know, mid sure at seventy eighteen and you're at ninety and growing. What was your reactions to that? Was it what you expected?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't really have an expectation of what it was going to be. Like, I think it's definitely overwhelming, like how many people like support you and like it's so like great to see. But yeah, it was definitely like wild seeing that so many people had like kind of been like along for like the ride and the journey, but even like people back home when we first got our phones back my work where I worked, they all set up like a movie viewing in the office and they had pillows made with my name on it in the exact font, the exact font, the exact same color.
Speaker 1: Like that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So seeing things like that from like people that are close to me as well, I'm like, oh, I thought they just not watching.
Speaker 4: Do you think anyone was there for the wrong reasons and to grow their Instagram phoning because obviously everyone says that people who watch it.
Speaker 5: I can be the same as every season, like there would be someone, but that would I think that would happen.
Speaker 1: Jordan made a booboo at the start. I don't know if you were there, he made.
Speaker 3: A booboo, and he was like said something about like wanting to get Instagram fallacy.
Speaker 1: He made a comment.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was, something along the lines, but I think it might have just been like he wasn't thinking when he said it, or like he didn't mean it, or like I think he was already doing TikTok maybe before. I don't actually know, so he probably said something. I think whenever anybody made a comment which suggested they wanted like growth or following it, it was accidental. Yeah, I don't know, like everyone's seeing quite.
Speaker 4: Obviously, litle joke and say that we're going to promote this, promote that, like taking the we.
Speaker 3: Joked about like when we had sponsors in there, we'd always like, I don't aways look right on the camera because I knew they wouldn't use it.
Speaker 1: I love Chow.
Speaker 3: I like we'd grab the sun block and be like looking into the camera. But that's probably the most that we did.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel any show, there's always going to be someone who's like there for that, But I don't know, as much as you might gain a following, it's still very low key. I think if you're going there, there's just don't waste your time.
Speaker 1: The people.
Speaker 3: I think that anyone suspected they weren't there for the right reasons, We're gone pretty cool because you could kind.
Speaker 6: Of like the most genuine people were the ones who were there the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's the same with us. I feel.
Speaker 3: Do you think was like if you had to pick one person who was there for Instagram?
Speaker 6: Well, I guess I reckon.
Speaker 5: Like obviously, if Jordan said that, don't remember Ronnie made a few comments as well about like he was straight away, I can't wait to go and travel Mexico or something.
Speaker 6: Was kind of like the first.
Speaker 3: Chat, he's like's I couldn't go traveling, so like I thought I'd come here.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to go after I'm like.
Speaker 6: I don't know, do we go we're in a couple?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if that's I don't know if that's Instagram, but I remember us US boys were kind of like like why yea, it didn't really make sense, but there's always comments.
Speaker 3: I think it's more like people that already have a following or already have Instagram. Obviously that's their jobs, so naturally they probably it's not their sole reason for going on the show, but I think there might be, you know, there's some investment that they want to grow because that was already their job before. So I think people that already work influencers whatever we want to call it, I think that might have been like a little bit.
Speaker 5: But we came out and we were getting messages about fucking brand deals.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what the hell do.
Speaker 5: I can't hold up saying and take yourself that's just not me at all.
Speaker 4: Three months Yeah, you say that.
Speaker 5: Can yeah, I've just got the twenty five k give it three months again, fifty to check out.
Speaker 3: My only You guys ever, do only fans?
Speaker 5: So we have teacher only fans on the white.
Speaker 6: Now there will be no teacher only fans, maybe just Tina.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, it's like testing up.
Speaker 6: No, there won't be, won't We've been asked to do it. We have been asked. Oh, we've had the dms, had the emails about it. But yeah, there was no reply.
Speaker 1: Quickly quickly in the jump, you guys would be rolling in it. Who did we hear that Jessica Powers makes fifty k a week or something? Actually? Wild?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like that's like maybe there will be.
Speaker 1: Really eating words here.
Speaker 3: Last question about the villa, I want to ask each of you who was the most toxic person in there? If you had to pick one person and you're both not allowed to say the same person. Well, I think that Jordan was quite toxic when he came in because he like didn't know what he was doing and he's like in Jess's best.
Speaker 1: Actually, now I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to change it because I think Ronnie was quite toxic because he was in Courtney's bed, like hooking up with her all night, then the next day, the next day, and then this didn't get air. But then the next day he's cuddling with Courtney on the couch and then Ari walks past and she's got like peanut butter on her boob from a challenge. And then he got apparently like Ari got dared to ask someone to lick it. So then Ronnie gets up licks it off her tit in front of Courtney, who's just been puddling with.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then I was like to him.
Speaker 3: He came and sat down like because Courtney was quite upset by it, like it's just and I was like, what are you doing, mate, Like you can't just do it?
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, it's just the lick and I'm like, off her tit. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: A young one that just didn't get it.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he was very young.
Speaker 7: Made him get it, like just yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you think I probably would have said Jordan for those For those reasons as well. I came in day three. I think I was the same as maybe, and like I just come in after it all happened, so everyone was telling me what had happened. I could see straight away like no one wanted a bar of him at all after that, So I think that's probably that was.
Speaker 1: Pretty him at the end. I think he felt like he was the oldest though.
Speaker 5: I'm like, wa on TV and seeing like how upset he was about it, because it didn't feel like that at all when we're in there.
Speaker 6: He was just like shut off completely because everyone was just like we.
Speaker 1: Just to anyone, and like I felt bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I felt bad at the time. I'd just come in, but then I was kind of like, that was pretty life. It's a pretty bad move.
Speaker 6: I think that's probably.
Speaker 1: You're also on TV as well. Yeah, you're on camera. I know, like give it just a day a minute. The same morning, I was like whoa, Yeah. Thoughts on that situation with Rachel and him. It all like happened so fast.
Speaker 3: I feel like it just I feel like maybe Rachel didn't know like what the conversations were with like Jess and Jordan.
Speaker 1: I don't even know, like I don't even know what had grown.
Speaker 3: In that time, because they literally coupled up, had the night together, and then it happened that morning and then Rachel got like quite upset by it, and she went and told Jess straight away and she was crying when she told us. I feel like she did feel like bad, and I feel like it's not She's not coupled up with Jess, so it's not her responsibility. Really, like I think it didn't play out the best and she could have probably held off the kiss and like chatted with Jess first, and there are things you can do, but I guess.
Speaker 1: In the moment, and she's a bit younger, like I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, Like it's funny, like when you're in there and you actually forget you have to like live with people, because I remember when everything was going on with Emily one night it didn't get their probably won't like me saying this, but I was in bed with Emily.
Speaker 6: Nothing was happening that sounded bad, but nothing.
Speaker 5: I was in bed and she was opposite me a position for a position oppositely and I'm sitting there and she's got the pillow over it with a pillo and I'm just sitting there like.
Speaker 6: F and all the cameras. I'm just like fuck, like you forget that as well.
Speaker 5: So that Jordan situation happened in the outside world, like either girl did know that happened. Sort of things you kind of like you know when those things are going on, you turn around the corner and.
Speaker 6: There's the last person whatever. You can't get away from it, so you kind of forget that a little bit.
Speaker 3: It is essentially the ex So like you guys must have kind of felt relieved when Emily left. It's like, finally, like we can just be ourself.
Speaker 6: I actually didn't like to be I actually didn't that.
Speaker 3: Bad, but I just didn't once we got together, I didn't really feel any guilt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't feel it when she left. I was like I think, like I think a couple of people asked me and they're like, God, do.
Speaker 6: You feel not responsible? Do you feel a little bit guilty or whatever?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, oh, like maybe a little bit, but like at the same time, like she picked me and I'm there for me, not her sort of thing was not really I don't feel like.
Speaker 1: We took any backward step like when it happened, like it.
Speaker 5: Was just good for us to like go through something, because I feel like in the end, well, obviously we've come out and won, but I feel like we got so strong and we're strong now because we actually like we didn't go in there and just be like all right, let's couple up and well whatever. We actually went through some stuff that really tested us and then we came out the other end better for it. So I feel like it was like we probably needed those tests a little bit.
Speaker 1: Cute like a bang.
Speaker 6: You got to be tested in love.
Speaker 1: You're going to be tested fully lean.
Speaker 3: Lean you have to have to and now we're done leaning.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, what was your first fight about? I actually don't even know.
Speaker 6: I think we've really had we haven't had a proper.
Speaker 1: I just get grumpy sometimes. What would it have been about?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: I actually don't know.
Speaker 6: We've never we've never had like a proper argument where it's been.
Speaker 1: Like no, I don't actually know.
Speaker 6: It's kind of just like little ones. I feel like if that happened too often, but.
Speaker 3: Just sometimes, you know, I can get like if I'm like stressed. Obviously we've been times I feel like I've been like stress, so I've been like stuffy, but after I'll be like, oh sorry.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think we've actually.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're both like even in the villa, nothing petty would really like something small.
Speaker 1: Would I think we ever had a fight.
Speaker 6: It was even like when we did the strip show or whatever.
Speaker 5: It was like Aaron's heart or Aaron's Dan's got her heartbreak on the moment, and I think it.
Speaker 3: Has to be everybody else got two people named. It was like, let's see yours is so and so and so and so your minds just.
Speaker 5: I felt they were like I feel like people were kind of looking at me to be pissed, and I felt we're both just like not if we're going to have an argument, it's going to be oversaying real sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's think of something good.
Speaker 6: Let's make it a good one.
Speaker 2: Make your first argument.
Speaker 6: Might Daily Mail.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Deli mwy So, you guys got paths just frolicking looking in the ocean.
Speaker 1: They were very kind to us.
Speaker 6: We looked after I think we're literally.
Speaker 1: Like I can live with that.
Speaker 6: It's funny, like you don't.
Speaker 5: I never thought anything like literally going on the shower, like I haven't watched in the past, or like I have watched one sea since.
Speaker 6: I never thought anything. And then my mom sent it to me and she was like what the hell?
Speaker 1: And I was like, sent it to me.
Speaker 6: I was like, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: I've literally just gone for breakfast. We've gone for a swim in the at Manly and like this is like I was just rattled.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's not just like they thought, like I've had a big breakfast, like is she pregnant like a baby, but they were like it was so nice. There was another one the other day and it was like when we just went to dinner and they called me a blonde stunt up.
Speaker 1: Don't know when I turned blonde.
Speaker 3: But I'll take all the boys like blonde.
Speaker 4: All right, So what's next step for you guys and in your relationship?
Speaker 5: No, I guess we sort of touched on it earlier. We're probably just going to keep coming back and forth for the time being.
Speaker 6: We are together for the next.
Speaker 5: For a lot, we're going to be the traveling going up, yeahs coming down for Christmas, which is good. So there's a lot of traveling. We're going to Gold Coast next week, just those little sort of trips.
Speaker 1: A traveling you're want to do. And we also said we do want to do like a trip like it would be so nice because.
Speaker 6: We want to it away for a New Years.
Speaker 5: But so we're going to just go back and forth between Sydney Melbourne and we're not feeling pressured at all by anything.
Speaker 6: So we just want to do it our pace and keep going. Everything's crazy in the villa.
Speaker 5: When you come out, you actually do need to put the brakes on and be like, all right, we need to settle now.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, if you're going to be married divorced.
Speaker 5: So we're kind of like we honestly have like we went from helicopter dates to coffee dates, so like we have put the brakes on big time.
Speaker 3: I'm not happy about it, but expecting this eventually, just so you know, like you have to eventually get to.
Speaker 1: Like a hell.
Speaker 6: Helicopter around that maybe well maybe.
Speaker 1: The proposal little bit of helicopter, Like we said, we're putting.
Speaker 2: The brakes, get carried away, all right, Well have you said our word to each other yet? No, we haven't said you love yet.
Speaker 6: This is so this happened when we're in the villa.
Speaker 5: A lot of people were asking that question, but like in all honesty, and this is like a pretty honest and like raw way to say it.
Speaker 6: Like we didn't want to say on the show in.
Speaker 5: Terms of like for people to watch it, because we didn't want to be like that person who was just like gonna say it on the show for the sactly saying it, or like when we actually feel like we're in that position where you do like love, someone will say it. Yeah, so we're kind of like we haven't got we're probably I don't reckon we're at that point. Yeah, I'm on my way, Like we're obviously spending a lot more time and we like getting there, but we're not going to say it just the same you're saying. And I think like people get carried away on the show and people watch it and they're like, oh, you know whatever, they've like, But at the same time, we have only known each other for twelve weeks, we've spent we've pretty much spent twelve weeks together twenty four seven. But like we are away from it has to mean it. We can't just say it, Like you've also.
Speaker 3: Never said that to anyone, so that makes it kind of like a big deal. But also I have said that to people, so it makes it even more like I'm not just going to chuck it out there. Yeah, I feel like I'm definitely like like I said on the show, like we're on the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, falling people were like that sort of not trying to Yeah, milk us a little bit to sort of say and whatnot.
Speaker 6: But it was just like it's such a personal thing, Yeah, such a big thing. We didn't want to just be like the.
Speaker 1: First thing all my friends are. So when I got there, I was like.
Speaker 6: If we're going and we'll answer some questions or whatever. It's literally like have you said everything?
Speaker 3: And it's like, I mean, that's definitely put the brakes. But I feel like I would expect you guys to be well on the way to be in love. I guess twelve weeks is a long time, but I'm excited for you guys to I mean, we're not going to hear on this show, but I'm excited. I like you did you used to say that to your ex before you guys said I love you.
Speaker 2: That sounds first. Let's not do that was a very curse relationship you say to your ex.
Speaker 3: Guys, it's been so nice having you both on. Congratulations you.
Speaker 2: It was great to watch your journey having us.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: Until next time, guys, Bye bye bye.