Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gaddiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about it. Coming up. On today's episode, Matt is having an aneurysm.
Speaker 2: Of whoa whoa. Actually so true. Though I don't know what's going on today, You're gonna have to bear with me because I actually feel like I've had like endon or something like. I feel like I've had a concoction of painkillers. It's giving. This episode is giving. When I was recovering from gallbladder surgery and with your own drugs.
Speaker 1: When we asked in the broadcast channel, what was your favorite episode, someone said the episode where Matt was high on drum.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I feel like that's today's energy. Yeah, And I don't know what's happened there. Oh we've had pepsi and as I said, I don't I don't have much sugar. So we're off the rails in this episode. I can't even remember what we spoke about. But if I don't stop talking, I'm going to faint. So deal me and Dole. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew. Oh I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm feeling fabulous, fresh and fun. The three f's okay. And you were just saying before we hit record that you don't cook anything. I'm the worst, which I'm so intrigued by, and I'd love to know what either your freage looks like or how you get around that, Like, what do you mean you don't cook anything? Like? Are you someone? I mean, I've been through phases in my life where I just go through strictly microwave meals.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's me. So okay, I'm like microwave meal or something in the air fryer, like that is me.
Speaker 2: Well, it's still cooking though.
Speaker 1: True. I do order a lot on the apps.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, see I've really I've stopped that now.
Speaker 1: I want to stop it as well, but I feel like maybe once a J and I get our new kitchen then I'm gonna have a new lease on life and I'm going to become a cooker.
Speaker 2: Nice, nice, And maybe you need excuses to cook, you know, you need you need to be because I like cooking when I host people at my house. Yeah, which after your renovations and things, I assume you're.
Speaker 1: Going to no.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I've become also lately a very big girl dinner person, just thrown together whatever I've got, right, So like a bit of this, a bit of that, you know, a bit of ham, bit of fucking cheeks and boiled eggs. Yeah, but I'm shocking. Like I've always said it, I wish I could be that person that like makes meals from scratch and whatever. I can't. I can't get amongst it, but I want to. But I can't think of anything worse than being in the kitchen for more than five fucking minutes. Really get me out of there.
Speaker 2: I kind of love it. Oh it's me time, you know.
Speaker 1: But I think hopefully once I get a kitchen, I can have a new lease on life and I'm going to be that bitch whipping up meals from scratch. But I'll see what else I think makes it hard? The fact that AJ doesn't like tomato or anything with a trace of tomato in it, So he won't have tomato sauce. He won't have barbecue sauce because that has tomatoes in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cook Yeah, because I don't eat tomatoes either, get them away from me. Can't have a cherry tomato kind of have a tomato don't love a tomato based pasta, yeah, but tomato sauce I love, so I do.
Speaker 1: Won't have anything that has a trace of tomato in it, Like barbecue shapes, he won't have because that's got tomato powder?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Then I think that's also why I'm not big in the kitchen, because what the fuck am I gonna make?
Speaker 2: But also don't tell him he would.
Speaker 1: Know he goes no tomato in it.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon, I reckon. You need to test him, and you need if it's red something, but it well, no, because barbecue shapes with tomato powder in it, like you can't taste the tomato.
Speaker 1: But he will read the fucking nah, he'll read the back of the packet. So I think that's all from scratch. But I think that's also why I'm so like not big on cooking because I've been with him for like what seven years now, and we don't eat anything with tomato in it. So and you know what, I should just cook for me.
Speaker 2: You should just cook for you. And also you should just cook. I can guarantee that mother, like I will not know that you've put tomato this, that or anything.
Speaker 1: He would he would trust me. He's like a hawk.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, well, what if if he doesn't see you make it?
Speaker 1: Well, it can't be it can't have any red, but he can smell it.
Speaker 2: Nah, I reckon, he's all cooked.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: If I have like hot chips and I get the tomato sauce out, He's like, get that away from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, because it's tomato sauce. What I'm saying is I don't think he is has enough superpower to know when you've sprinkled a bit of fucking tomato.
Speaker 1: This is what give me an example of a meal, like make record sprinkle tomato in it that he wouldn't notice.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not putting it in a whole tomato. I'm just saying the barbecue shapes thing is a little fucking far fetched, you know, for him to not.
Speaker 1: Maybe make a shaalad and like sprinkle barbecue shapes. Yeah, and mixing with some other kutons and ship and then haha, you just say tomato.
Speaker 2: This is what I would be doing if I were you keep up? How many times can I hide tomato in your food without?
Speaker 1: I'm beyond that, Like, I've given up by this point. We are a strictly beige household. Chicken nuggets in the fucking air fryer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, where's your fucking nutrition, darling?
Speaker 1: There is none?
Speaker 2: My god, this is my meal prep. So will we have tacos? No, because you're not putting.
Speaker 1: The We have tacos, but no seasoning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no season no taco seasoning.
Speaker 1: But he eats plain sausages.
Speaker 2: Oh so true.
Speaker 1: He eats plain sausages with nothing, no sauce.
Speaker 2: What happened in his childhood, Let's just.
Speaker 1: Say, but his whole family thinks he's cooked from it as well, like but he's one of his brothers is the same but worse. I'm sorry, Ben.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Ben?
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, where are you going get more pepsi? We've got some pepsi? Or by the way, yes please, and can you pass it to me? Yeah? Do you want to know something funny everyone you know Addison rais knew a song diet pepsi where the job in the car on your baby listen, not my innocence in the bags heat you love say you love me? Okay, So if you don't know that song, it's called diet pepsi by Addison Ray And I just thought, imagine if an Australian came out with that song instead, but it was called pepsi max. Like, we don't have diet.
Speaker 4: Pepsi in Australia. It's fucking pepsi max. Listen, drinking pepsi max. Why is it called dit pepsi in America?
Speaker 2: Well? Also, why is it called pepsi max here? Yes? Max? Sorry? Why is it called pepsi max here? Like you'd think that max would mean like maximum maximum sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well why is it called two different things when it's the same thing? What?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What in America it's called diet pepsi but here pepsi max? Why when dit coke is dit coke in both countries? Why do we have pepsi max? Are you right there? Do you know another thing?
Speaker 2: Matt?
Speaker 1: When you have little noises in your throat and in your stomach. It is. What are those things parasites?
Speaker 2: No? Just cooked then are I?
Speaker 1: I want to go and get one of those colon cleanses.
Speaker 2: Same, let's do it together. I think that'd be a nice experience. I'm just sk it'd be good for the pod. We might do a live pod colon clean.
Speaker 1: I'm just scared of like the thing going up my barm.
Speaker 2: I have a parasite because you know, I've been having a lot of gut issues lately.
Speaker 1: So well, you can go and get a colon cleans and you can watch the poo going.
Speaker 2: Through the You've seen that, But how does that suck out a parasite?
Speaker 1: It does, and you can see the parasite going through, So when your stomach's gone around, that is parasites talking saying I'm fucking hungry. No, no, this is scientific fact.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyway, welcome to high Scrollers. Thanks for joining us Tuesday. We it's not even that's just regular.
Speaker 1: On normal purposes. Listen, innocence in the bags.
Speaker 2: Let's get onto our royal flush of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go first?
Speaker 1: I don't have anything?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, while you think about what your Royal flush is going to be. I have an update for you. Remember a couple of weeks ago you were saying that your Royal flush was Lady Gaga's poker Face. If you only just realizing that the lyrics actually say poker face, fat fuck her face? Right now, I asked our scrollers if anyone had the original Lady Gaga the Fame album. Obviously, each album comes with a little booklet, or they did back in the day. Back in the day, you'd buy an album and you'd get a booklet, and the booklet would have all the lyrics of all the songs in them. And I said, if any scrollers have the og Lady Gaga album, I'd love for you to flick that open and see what the lyrics were in the booklet. I have the verdict for you, and I want you to guess. Do you think that in the booklet it said poker face or fuck her face?
Speaker 1: Surely it said fuck her face. It was a long time ago, ma, it says poker face.
Speaker 2: Says poker face. So now I'm I've got a little conspiracy theory about Lady Gaga, and I wonder if she just made that up because the booklets all do not have any swear words, so.
Speaker 1: I guess there could be children reading that.
Speaker 2: There could be children reading that, But I mean, she literally had another song saying I want to take a ride on your disco stick. So I don't know if she was too concerned about reading bad time stories to kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like fuck, her face is a genuine swear word.
Speaker 2: She surely swears in a few other songs from the Fame producer Hannah Google girl, come on in because you're a big lady Gaga fan. Can you think of other other songs from the Fame album that would have had swear words on them? We're googling. Oh, look at that one. Someone on read it said, I made a Google sheets about how many swear swears swears Gaga says in her songs He's.
Speaker 1: A Recap The Fame eleven time, The Fame Monster nineteen times, Born This Way twelve, Up Pop twenty nine, Joanne seven and CHROMATICA zero.
Speaker 2: Oh she doesn't swear it all in CHROMATICA. Wow. She says bitch thirteen times in total, hell eleven times in total.
Speaker 1: That's not really sweet, Hell, swear word.
Speaker 2: Fuck nine times and shit with eight times, and The biggest swear word they've said is sex with twenty nine. But I feel that's not really.
Speaker 1: A sa It's the document if you want to open it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's open that document. See what's what swear words are in.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious that someone's made this.
Speaker 2: So in Paparazzi she says shit. She says the same in Beautiful Dirty Koka Face.
Speaker 1: They've got none.
Speaker 2: Money, honey, she says it once.
Speaker 1: Okay, boring. Who is out here thinking sex and sexy is swear words?
Speaker 2: Maybe they're twelve. The point is the booklet, says poker face.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is a conspiracy. Maybe she made it up.
Speaker 2: So maybe she made it up just for a bit of drama, which is so me. But yeah, I don't know what the final verdict is there, whether really whether you really were not ahead of your time? What am I trying to say here? You know what I'm trying to say. Sorry, it's been a long fucking life. Anyway. What's your royal flash of the week?
Speaker 1: So my royal flush? You know I love a good business idea. Yeah, I'm sick of the business ideas. This is not my idea. I saw a girl on TikTok and her username is if you want to go and look at it socially, kelse k e ls. It's it's pinned to her profile at the top and apparently she is starting apparently apparently she is starting a new business. And it's a bit of a carousel slide show and it's a picture of her with a wine and it says, why hasn't anyone opened a bar for women where we can watch reality TV and award shows like men watch sports anyway? And then she's shared this article about her meet the social media minded entrepreneur building a pop culture bar. What if there was a bar where you could watch the dramatic finale of The Bachelor surrounded by fellower a fellower surrounded by fellow Bachelor Nations superfans. Kelsey Exley, an entrepreneur and content creator, is envisioning just that. So she's opening a bar called Basic, and she said, Basic is my take on a sports bar. I'm a big pop culture fan. That is my favorite hobby. I love watching reality shows and award shows at the shows the met Gala, she said, I find myself usually watching those events or shows alone in my bedroom or my living room. Maybe sometimes having a few girlfriends over. But I always had this vision of being in a beautiful space like a bar that's very feminine and having other women and people around that have the same interests as me, and we get to experien watching the award shows and reality TV shows together. And I thought, that's a pretty fucking clever idea.
Speaker 2: It is a clever idea. Welcome Oxford Street. Is that a thing the gays have been watching reality TV shows in bars for years? Well, there was a shit because let me tell you, once upon a time, it was paorn. Oh, the porn would play on the TVs in the gay bars, which I think we need to bring back to drive away all of the straits because you would just walk into a gay bar and there would be gay porn playing on the TVs around the nightclub, which was fabulous. No one took any notice of it, but of course that would probably steer away people who you know, cause trouble in those venues. Then, with things like drag race becoming more mainstream, I mean every single week there are multiple drag race viewing parties in bars and it's a really popular thing. I've only been to a couple, but the thing is that the problem with this idea, which it is a great idea. I hope it's so successful for her because I love the idea and I do think we need more of those things. Yeah, I would love to go to a bachelorette f boy Ireland viewing party, Real math Wives, Real Housewives, give me a maths one. Yeah. The problem is is the only thing is when I go to these viewing parties, the viewing is secondary because people are talking blah blah blah. You're obviously watching over like nightclub speakers, so it's like the sound quality isn't as good and I feel like you have to go. So when I would go to the viewing parties, i'd either watch beforehand myself, or I would.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 2: You have to know that if you're going there, you're not going to have the best experience if all you want to do is watch, like you can't tell people are shush, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why sport works because sport can be on in the background and there can be music and everyone talking, you can still see the game, whereas if you're going you need to listen. That's going to be a hard thing for her.
Speaker 2: And like when something dramatic happens and the crowd goes yeah, I know, but then you miss what the reply is. Yeah, so it is like logistically hard but also such a good idea. But I think if you do see viewing parties advertised at bars and stuff, just know that if you're going to go, it's not going to be like you're all sitting down like you're in a theater. Yeah, it's still a bar.
Speaker 1: I read yeah more when she was going to do like harkouteries and cocktails and everything. So I think you'd go more for the atmosphere. Maybe she could have like some sections where you could go and sit. And then she's got like the silent disco headphones and everyone can put a pair of that on. If you really want to listen in like a quiet sort of corner.
Speaker 2: Then why not just watch it home?
Speaker 1: I know, because it's fun to be out and about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's my royal flush and I hope it pops off. But interesting to know that's already been done because I didn't know that, So thank you for educating me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but bring back Capeorn in the clubs. Get all the straight guys out, you know what I mean. I'm all for discrimination when it's again.
Speaker 1: So wait when we went just one question. When we went to the gay club the other weekend, was there straight guys in there?
Speaker 2: Oh? I didn't. We didn't take any notice, but there probably was, but like it was very hard to tell in that sea of I mean that was a Charlie XCX party as well. So what a regular week Yes, there's always straight guys in the gay club, Like, there's straight guys always and they always you.
Speaker 1: Know, why are they going there?
Speaker 2: Well because either the girls want to go and arguably it's like the best place to party. So the girls that they're out go there, and then they go, we may as well, and then you know, it's always the same. They all walk in and then they're like, oh no, I hope no one touches me. And then half an hour later they're in a cage in their under swinging their shirt around.
Speaker 1: Try to say, I really love it when you impersonate I love it.
Speaker 2: N I hope that's an ale at all, isn't it? Am I wrong? Am I right? Anyway? Do your pew, scrape the pew and don't open it again. Anyway, your poo, finish your poo. If this is your first time listening to high scrollers. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: We do listen to that episode anyway.
Speaker 2: Close the lead and do not open it again the displayer give it a shake pass out. Well, anyway, Straight guys in gay clubs, Yes, it's it's happens. It's a thing. Do you think it?
Speaker 1: Also like a lot of curious guys go in there. Yeah, surely, like they're straight but curious. So then do they go to the gay club to kind of like explore.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard though, because like what if you run into someone you knew? Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I'll have to take AJ one night.
Speaker 1: He would be so out of his kind.
Speaker 2: We'd hate it, but he'd try and have a good time for me.
Speaker 1: AJ doesn't dance either, so I'd get.
Speaker 2: Him in that cage I reckon, Yeah, down to his unders swinging from the cage.
Speaker 1: Did you see that guy by the way.
Speaker 2: Every week, babe? Yeah. Anyway, my raw flash of the week is something it's nowhere near as good as well as your one. But we're going to talk about it because this came up in my for you page again. It's just one of those things that I think about all the time, but when someone else brings it up, I'm like, yes, this is me.
Speaker 5: What's crazy is for the first ten years of our lives we spend so much but dedicated to dioramas. We are knee deep in dioramas for the first ten years of our life, and then all of a sudden you never speak of will hear of them again?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but what's a diorama?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What's a diorama like a diagram?
Speaker 2: What is it? Do you remember like getting a shoe box and creating a diorama in a shoebox, you'd paint the inside.
Speaker 1: Like a school project thing. Yes, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A diorama, baby, go google girl diorama.
Speaker 3: But it was called it was just a fucking experiment, the way dioramas consumed my die, there's a there's a photo, Matt.
Speaker 1: I've got a really good story about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you go ahead.
Speaker 1: When I was in year five or six, we had to make a diorama. I didn't know that's what it was called. Yes, a diorama. We had to invent something. We had to invent something, and me, being the young entrepreneur that was so, I didn't realize that. At the time, I was an entrepreneur. I think we had to make something for your household. And I made something called the cook a my washer, the cooker my washer washer. It cooked and washed nice. And I remember making it and I was you did it with a buddy. So I did it with my friend Lannie, and we made it out of multiple cardboard boxes. And it was like a cooking thing, so like a stove and a dishwasher in one. And that was innovative because that didn't exist back then. I don't even know if dishwashers existed back then.
Speaker 2: You reckon.
Speaker 1: I made the cooker washer and I'll never forget another time too, and it was really fun. We had to make an entry way to a theme park. Oh that's cat like the big banner. And I did a big entryway to the theme park.
Speaker 2: No, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring it back.
Speaker 2: I know. I love a diorama. I think I might just make one for the sake of it, just to put it in my house.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do a fake day where we do dioramas work an activity.
Speaker 2: No, but I saw that and I was like, oh my god. Dioramas consumed my entire life when I was younger, whenever there was a school project, I was like, fucking hell, yes, Mom, get me a shoebox, because Mum would have all her heels up in shoe boxes in the top cup and I had get me a shoe box. Mam my shoes. I'm like, that's for my school project.
Speaker 1: You know, my nan still has every shoe box that she's ever purchased, like towers in her wardrobe. She keeps every single pair of her shoes in every shoe box that came in.
Speaker 2: That's insane, but I love it. Yeah, I'm just gonna put a little disclaimer out there for our listeners today. I know a few weeks ago we spoke about my nose whistle. I don't know what's going on today, but I am having so many issues breathing. It's a paras I've got hiccups. I can't I can't take a deep breath. Look like that's as deep as my breath can go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're okay.
Speaker 2: Let me breathe the way out. I might paint hang on breathing faint. Just wait, let me just breathe all the way out. Let me breath a little way out here. We go, ready, like that was as much as I can breathe.
Speaker 1: That is such a short breath, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 2: Like that's not that's no, but that's like, can you do a breath please? Broth? Okay, yeah, that was a long breath. Ready, here we go on that's a big one. Yeah, okay, all right, Oh, anyone got a paperback anyway? I just wanted to say, if you're if you're hearing strange noises coming from my mouth, my stomach, my brain today, I'm apologizing for the sensory experience I did. Actually, sometimes I listened to our podcast back, especially if we've recorded, and I'm like, fuck, what what did we talk about? Need to do the no context spoilers. Sometimes I'll listen to the pod and I listened in the car not long ago, and you could hear my fucking jam move your chair, niffelin. You could hear me put mans on the table. I was like, God, I need to sit the fuck still. Even Hannah sometimes records when she's editing the videos for the podcast, she'd be like, sorry, had to edit this one a bit differently because Matt wouldn't stop moving or picking my nue on my ear. Anyway, worst podcast host ever, but I think we need to make a diorama of this studio.
Speaker 1: Yes, I seriously want to do it. For an activity at fate? What should we make? What's a good example? Can you give me one that I can get all the girls faith.
Speaker 2: Store of the faith store or the office or the warehouse or you know a little diorama of what.
Speaker 1: And you just need like cardboard, paper, paints like sticky tape blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to fucking do it. That's a good activity. And you know what, you know how paint and sip studios have gone under Yeah, someone needs to bring out a diorama.
Speaker 2: Studio drink and diorama.
Speaker 1: Drinking diorama, drum, drugs in diary.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Maybe in California you could get high and then hiorama highorama, high rama bar All right, so if weed ever comes legal, I'm doing a higher rama bor a high rama. What's it called?
Speaker 3: Bar?
Speaker 1: Bar business business business high high rama?
Speaker 2: Shit? You just like smoke weed and then make a diorama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would fucking do that. I've never been high. I'm just throwing that out there, but I would definitely do that. I mean, no one Australia has been high. It's illegal. Yeah, what about you, Matt?
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw a TikTok Matt, Yeah, and apparently sound like a fucking boy. By the way, did you see that video? He's now like older, he's done another interview like ten years later or whatever. He's grown up now. Anyway, apparently I saw this trend trend. I saw this woman on TikTok. She did a thing about marinating your outfit before a night out.
Speaker 2: Okay, you sent when we wanted to talk about topics this week. You sent this through and I was like, I saw it, you saying marinating in your outfit before a night out. Now, I tried to come up with my theories surrounding where I thought you were going to take this, because I haven't seen this TikTok, and honestly, I have no idea what the fuck marinating your outfit before a night out?
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: If you had to guess, what would it.
Speaker 2: Be, Ah, it would be Well, this is what threw me straight away. I thought marinating would be where your outfit to bed you then get up the next morning and go out. But it says before a night out. So I'm like, I'm not really sure. My thing with marinating your outfit before a night out, I'm thinking you're wearing it all day and then going out and going no, no, that's stupid. So I have no idea. The only other thing I have is perhaps marinating like when you marinate a chicken, obviously you put the sauce all over it. So I'm thinking that perhaps it is the fragrance.
Speaker 1: Exactly what it is. So I saw this woman on TikTok and she said, apparently this is her trick that she does every time she has a special occasion or going out and she wants to smell her best. She gets the outfit that she's wearing, let's say, on the Saturday night, and on the Friday night, she absolutely douses it in the perfume that she's gonna wear the next night. Then she neatly folds up the outfit and puts it in a plastic bag. To be specific, she puts it in the bottom of the plastic bag. She ties it up really tight, and she lets it sit there overnight until the next day when she's ready to wear it. Then she gets the outfit out, puts it on, and apparently, apparently apparently she smells really good all the rest of them that.
Speaker 2: And that's it. I mean, I'm not denying that it probably works for her, but fuck, that's a lot of admin. It's quite easy, is it going? Moldy?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: You know? I just I think, what a waste of perfume to begin with?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? It would work? Like it would really sink into the clothes.
Speaker 2: But why doesn't she want it on her body?
Speaker 1: Cause then I think she does also spray it on when she's getting ready to go out, but she's marinated the outfit, so it's smelling real extra strong.
Speaker 2: Seems unnecessary. It seems like an unnecessary step for your night out routine. But I can get behind it. I will probably never do something like that in my life. I think that's enough, Like it's too much.
Speaker 1: She was in America as well, and it made me like stop a little bit at the fact that she just had a plastic bag at home.
Speaker 2: So true, because when have we had When was the last time he had a plastic bag? Exactly?
Speaker 1: And it just got me thinking, remember when we only ever used to get our groceries in plastic bags? And to be honest, I have to say, you know, when like Coles and Woolies came out with their paper bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they're ripping everyone off by making us pay twenty cents or whatever it is per bag. But I really like the paper bag.
Speaker 2: No, I hate it, really, I want to. I wish we could have stuck with the the in between one. So we went from plastic bags to the half plastic to the half plastic recycled one, and now we're full paper.
Speaker 1: I'm all for the paper bag. I love it, but it doesn't like it. I like it. It's not like round like a plastic bag.
Speaker 2: I guess it is a bit more structure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it like fits everything neatly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it only holds four kilos or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Then the bags ripping And are we meant to reuse the paper bag?
Speaker 1: I reuse them all the time or I use them as garbage bins sames. Yeah, great rubbish bag. If I just have to like take something somewhere, like if I've got to chuck something in a bag at home and take it into work, I like just put it in the cardboard bag. Okay, yeah, paper bag, I mean nice. Yeah, I like the cardboard bag. Paper bag.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thinking here because I want to say things, but I also don't want to get canceled for I think I've said worse, but like, fuck off and give me a plastic straw.
Speaker 1: I do miss plastic straws. I think everyone can collectively agree with that. But it is plastic straws on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Last straws are so stupid.
Speaker 1: Let me see it on Amazon right now.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to have to wash my straw, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Let me look plastic straw on Amazon. Oh wait no, because my thing is you can get the old school stripey straws on Amazon, you know, like the white ones that have all the blue stripe down or the red stripe. You can get one hundred pieces twenty centimeters long for twelve dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm not saying we need to use a plastic straw. What I'm saying is we need a better alternative. Which, by the way, where did the felt bags go? Why are we now?
Speaker 1: What's a felt bag?
Speaker 2: Like? They're not felt, but like the you know, you canvas bags that were worse and coals and stuff have. My thing is we went from plastic bags fair enough, so we've gone from plastic straws, fair enough, but we've landed on paper straws. Fuck off, you know what I mean? Like, where is the in between? Where's the where's the canvas bag of the bag of the straw industry?
Speaker 1: You had the straws it out do? Have you ever had an ice larte.
Speaker 2: From it's like bamboo or pasta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bamboo or sugar cane. I can't remember what one it is. Anyway, We've got these really good straws it out do and they do not get soggy, and they're really hard, nice and I can't remember if it's bamboo. I think it's bamboo, really good, never melts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we need that everywhere, I agree. But where the canvas bags got I'm still stuck on that because we went from plastic bags to.
Speaker 1: Like do you mean like the brown can use that bag? Yeah, surely they still have.
Speaker 2: Those, like a green bag, like bag tote bags you reckon that's made of plastic as well. You can't win, this is the thing. You can't bloody win.
Speaker 1: But then the whole grocery store is full of plastic, right ducks, like everything.
Speaker 2: Get me started on all of this and why is it my problem? Go on fucking tell the fucking oil companies to use plastic because of it. They don't. You know, I've got to carry my meat. I can only put five hundred grams and mince and like one drink in my bag before it's ripping, you know what I mean. We've got people drilling into the middle of the fucking earth and I've got to struggle with my paper bag at colds. I think we need to have a reality check here. It's not us, it's them, you know what I mean. Yeah, all I want is a plastic straw. I don't think it's the I don't think it's my plastic straw killing the environment. I think maybe it's fucking jet fuel and and cut and you know all those industries, oil industries, fracking, bitch fracking. How about we stop fracking and maybe we won't need to cancel op plastic straws. Okay. I just think there's been things destroying the earth, yeah than me. And how many turtles actually got a straw up? They nos? You know what I mean. I feel we saw one viral video and went, oh, we better not have straws.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: And I love a turtle and I'm so sorry, and I will do anything to defend a turtle, and I love a turtle and I want their habitats to be incredible.
Speaker 1: Did you see the guy I just save the turtle the other day?
Speaker 2: Yes, But I'm just saying that. I don't think the plastic straws were the biggest issue that we could have targeted. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of bad things happening in there.
Speaker 2: I think if we actually googled how much do straws contribute to the environment's downfall, it would be minute compared to let's say, NASA putting a fucking rocket in the sky. Maybe that is causing more.
Speaker 1: Environmental talk about that the rocket doesn't land back where it started.
Speaker 2: It just puts out all that shep Well, it goes up and then it where's all those pieces full in the fucking ocean? Yeah? I think for every rocket, that's probably one billion straws. But my thing is, I just think, here we go with the rugging rants. No, that's fine, I'm done. Next next topic. You all know what I mean. I mean, Well, I know we've got to care about the environment, and I do, but I just think our focus on plastic bags. Plastic bags is fine. Plastic bags is fine, fuck them off, But straws I feel passionately about. But my thing is, I think our focus is misdirected here. It should not be on us as the people. When we've got billion dollar companies drilling into the fucking earth, grow up.
Speaker 1: Billionaires could change the world.
Speaker 2: Why don't they?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It wouldn't make a difference to them. Why don't we have.
Speaker 2: Any nice billionaires?
Speaker 1: Why do we not have billionaires trying really hard to become one? So then I can be the nice one.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you will be. Here's the thing about money. I think like the more money you have, the less it might mean to you. Let's say, so, do you think billionaires go No, I don't have enough money to change the world, even though they're clearly on paper do They're like? Oh? Yeah? But and also I don't know whether like your Jeff Bezos of the world actually has like fifty billion dollars in his bank account that company, right, So what's he got two dollars fifty to rub together?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Seriously, yeah, a billion dollars is a lot of money. I'm never gonna be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: You reckon. No, that's what a good attitude to have, because I still believe, deep down in my heart that I will be one day. I've got no fucking clue how, but I just see. I just think that makes sense for me, you know what I mean? Yeah, it just makes sense. Meat and a billion dollars. Fuck yeah, that in my brain. That looks good.
Speaker 1: This pod has gone off the rails.
Speaker 2: When doesn't it? Babes so true because we're having pepsi pepsi. I never have sugar, and as soon as I have sugar, fucking hell, I'm gonna be up for days, mate. That is what I mean. I don't need drugs because, honey, this pepsi max. You just quit sugar for a while and then have a pepsi. Yeah, I'm gonna be up till Thursday, baby like. And I'm excited about it. Get so much work done. I talk a million miles an hour. Can you say something so I can shut up now? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm changing the topic and I'm talking for a minute, so everyone listened to me.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to focus on my breathing at the moment, and I'm blowing my nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brittany talk, I'm wondering for you to stop fucking blowing your honker.
Speaker 1: Fucking pingu over here. Actually what made me crack up on the weekend was when we were doing our makeup together on Instagram Live, Matt like brushed his hair accidentally with his arm and so at one point all of his hair was like spiked up forward. And you literally look like Bart Simpson. And now you kind of are Bart Simpson to me, you kind of.
Speaker 2: Are Bart Like when I was younger, I thought Bart Simpson was hard. I had a crush on you.
Speaker 1: You kind of look like Bart Simpson, like your head shaped.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's such a compliment. Like Bart Simpson is like the ultimate clutching characters. He's an icon, He's he's camp he What were you going.
Speaker 1: To say, Oh, I'm changing the topic. Okay, yeah, So bart Ie Bart Simpson, your power, your head shape and like the blonde hair that's got kind of little spiky shapes.
Speaker 2: Nice. Okay, Well at least it's not Homer, So it's good.
Speaker 1: If you go Ford, it will be home.
Speaker 2: Hell anyway. Okay, all right, Stuey Griffin, let's go.
Speaker 1: Why Stewie of all people.
Speaker 2: Head shaped like a football.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. He's a genius.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: There's this girl on TikTok and I don't understand her. Okay. Her name's the Clean Girl on TikTok, and she's gone viral, absolutely viral. Her videos like this one that I'm staring at right now's got eighty nine million views, another one forty seven million views, another one twenty three million views. Who's the one that burps in the Simpsons all the time?
Speaker 2: Barney? That's me. I'm Barn Barney. You are? You're very Barney drunk at the pub? That is I am?
Speaker 1: That's me. Well, this girl called the Clean Girl, she's gone viral for all the wrong reasons. Oh my god. One of them has one hundred and thirty five million views. She goes and cleans people's graves, like the old graves. And by the way, on this top, I've got an idea to do with graveyards. That's a billion dollar business idea. But I'm gonna save it for close friends, so wait until Friday. But anyway, this chick goes into graveyards. She throws a hot pink ball and wherever it lands in front of whatever grave, is the one that she chooses to clean. You's have probably seen her. She wears little black bike shorts, a hot pink top, and her hair in like space buns, and she, I know, just take a listen, come.
Speaker 2: With me to do a random act of kindness.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna transform this grave for free.
Speaker 1: Like thet the way that she talks in it is random, and so it's her and she chops down all the trees around these grays and then she scrubs them. But she talks in like this really girly kitty kind of voice. And then every video of hers is people just arguing over whether this is a random active kindness like she says, or just completely disrespectful.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: I don't like, I don't know. I think it's just fucking weird. Like clearly she's doing it because it gets hundreds of millions of views, and she's in America or wherever, so she'd be making bank from these videos. That's the other thing too, She's doing a random act of kindness but making so much money out of it. The comments are like the lack of respect is insane, And then another one is why is everyone hating on her? Just because she's cleaning someone's grave the amount of respect and disrespect at the same time. Did you have permission to do this? Are you using cleaners that are safe to be soaking in the ground? Guys, I'm sorry, I'm confused. How is cleaning a grave disrespectful?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: This is disrespectful beyond belief. What do you think, Matt?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's disrespectful all.
Speaker 1: I think it's camp Like I think it's nice a grave. The graves are disgusting, they're like really really old graves. The way that she does it in like this kiddy way, it's giving a bit strange.
Speaker 2: Maybe she just wants to appeal to as big of an audience as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she does. And she'd been making so much money out of this, Like I think, who am I to say if it's fine or not? Like I can't say. But then the money that she makes off the videos, I don't I felt she should do something with at least a portion of it.
Speaker 2: No, no way, keep it all sis, do what you want with it. Because she's cleaning gravestones, I personally don't see the problem because the graves she's cleaning have overgrown weeds and trees, dirty ages and exactly.
Speaker 1: People saying in the comments, have you got permission to do this? Who's she going to contact?
Speaker 2: She's contacting? You can't even see the name on the grave, babe. Yeah, you can't even see the name because it's so dirty and overgrown. So clearly no one's taking care of this, so she may as well.
Speaker 1: You think if you're paying for a grave site that it would come with like maintenance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably for a certain amount of time. I don't know. Yeah, this is the thing with cemeteries. I flew into Sydney not long ago. Have you ever flown in the eastern suburbs and you're flying in if you come from like the ocean side or down the down the beaches to come back, look back around for the airport. There's a cemetery in this prime prime real estate up there. I don't know what suburb, do you, Hannah, might be Bronze. I'm not sure though. It is like right on the cliff hundreds big cemetery have thought, Oh they're dumb to put that there. That's that be that'd be million billion dollar homes up there. You'd make a mantzer off the apartment probably.
Speaker 1: Put it there so long ago when the land wasn't worth fucking anything, society decided all of a sudden that these blocks of fucking dirt is worth so much money. Stupid is that? How fucking dumb is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anyway, I'm having a little bit of an aneurysm over here. I need to pack it up today. I need to pack it up. I need to pack it in, pack it out, pack it off. And I'm going to wrap this up on behalf of both of us and say thanks for listening. Scrollars, don't forget rate five stars. Thank you, by the way, to everyone who has rated. I checked on Spotify the other day. We have dumped up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone that's bothered to do that to the rest of you.
Speaker 2: Join our broadcast channel on Instagram for more regular updates and sneak peaks and all the rest of that. And don't forget to email us if you can be bothered until next week. Got anything else to say?
Speaker 1: Brittany shop at fate. Oh and then it was just a little noise in my stomach with parasite.
Speaker 2: Said yeah nice.
Speaker 1: Any day anyway, darl, how about I'll say it for once, Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can go. What you say anyway, darl I better let you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what can be in my life?
Speaker 2: Make it up?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'll better let you go. I've got to go and get higher. Rama on.
Speaker 2: That didn't feel right. I need to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, now we can keep your one in. No, now you do one too, Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, darl I better let you go. I'm going to go Colon cleanse