Speaker 1: You're on my location.
Speaker 2: I don't know you already have my calendar and it's annoying. You're like, have fun doing this today. I'm like, how do you know? I don't know how to get it off you.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At? Is a podcast that talks full things this hold on a sec. Let's give this a refresh. Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly times and.
Speaker 2: Exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 1: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 3: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 1: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 3: So, Matt, where's your Head At? Shake it up?
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome it to another episode from Where's your Head Out?
Speaker 1: I was just seeing leave that in the ed.
Speaker 3: I hope that doesn't get left in because not.
Speaker 1: Shake it off? Shake it maybe cut that one out, definitely don't.
Speaker 3: How are I am good?
Speaker 2: Last week was not a good week for me. I did my gestational diabetes test and it literally knocked me out for two days. I was not in a good way. Literally had to cancel this podcast. Meeting, other things I had on. It was just a bit of a disaster. But I feel really happy now because I'm like, well, so you basically have three blood tests and take this gluecoase drink and it just knocked me out. I was at our warehouse picking up samples Goldie Bee new product samples and yeah, exciting, and the lady who was giving me the sample was like, are you okay?
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know.
Speaker 2: What, not really, I don't feel good and my eyes were like heavy and closing over dizzy. I had a headache, I just felt lethargic. I just wanted to go sleep. I just didn't feel good. And yeah, she was like I was like, no, not really, I just did this glucose test and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I remember the glucose.
Speaker 2: Literally, everyone who I've told is like I remember when I did the gluck and I was like, never again. So I knew that there was apparently there's a blood test you can do, but no one tells you. So no one knows that you can ask for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then you get your blood tests, so you do three tests.
Speaker 2: You can do like a fasting. Yeah, you can do like a fasting. Blood test. I don't think it's as accurate. But yeah, no, I had to do blood test, take the glucose drink, wait an hour, do another blood test, and then wait an hour.
Speaker 3: To another blood test, and she's like, you can't walk around because it will disrupt the test.
Speaker 1: I had blood test as it is. Yeah, I can't do them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like after being in the hospital and having sepsis and just having my blood taken like every five minutes, I'm just kind of like, well whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, needles are one of my phobias. Yeah, I remember a lot better than when I was a kid. But like as a kid, I actually like getting pinned down. Yeah, my mum would pin me down to get it done, or like there's a video my sister hasn't me like crime. Before I got one of my immunizations in the aunio, I couldn't do them. Now I'm okay, Like I'm a grown adult, So like I sit down and don't look like I'm not overly excited about it. Yeah, I can get it done now.
Speaker 2: I think a phobia is one thing, but I think in some ways it is mind over matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I when people when.
Speaker 2: Like the nurses who was drawing my blood would say to me, are you afraid of needles? Do you need to lie down? I would always be like, yeah, I'm really afraid blah blah blah. But since I feel like the sepsis issue, I'm like, I'm completely fine.
Speaker 3: Are we fine?
Speaker 2: And even just saying that out loud, I think makes me feel more fine about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I'm not fine about rats. Scared of them? Yeah, fair enough, They're scary little things. They carry the plague.
Speaker 3: What does rats? Why are you talking about rats because I'm.
Speaker 1: Scared of them. They're my phobia. Rats and needles. You just pivoted, I said. I said that I mentally can't get over rats, the phobia of them. They're fucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate all creepy animals. I would never go on am a celebrity for that reason. Get me out of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can we be that out in case I take their offer up next year? Blake, But I'm scared of if you want to do, I'm.
Speaker 3: A celebrity, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, sure, it's like your.
Speaker 3: Dream show, I mean, manifest if you want it.
Speaker 2: I would never No, I wouldn't do that, so you're in a bit of a would we say, like a grumpy mood today, just singing check it off to you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just a bit, I don't know, flat tied. Just everything's getting to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a question for you. Go on, are you going to the Formula One?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not as we stand right now, are you?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 2: And I love the Formula One And actually normally my old apartment was on Queen's Road in Melbourne if you're familiar with Melbourne, and it literally looked over the whole Formula one and we always have Formula One parties. Now, obviously I don't live there, but I do love going and it's such a fun event.
Speaker 3: It's one of Melwuryn's best events.
Speaker 1: I came down to Melbourne last week and I saw they're actually I walked to Albert Park and I saw they set it up pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: They set up early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Rome was built in a day. It's nearly I drove past it before it's nearly done. I was like, gee, they work hard. I don't know, they work.
Speaker 3: Fast and hard for sure.
Speaker 2: Currently I am actually about to head off to my baby moon. And when this goes live, I will still be there. We're just about to leave.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Excited about that? I'm going to Palm Cove.
Speaker 2: Where's that like North Queensland, close to Cans. But I've been kind of stressed because cyclone Alfred, I think it's called, is heading towards that area.
Speaker 3: I think it's just gone.
Speaker 1: Alfred is the most non scary name for a cyclone I've ever heard you reckon, Yeah, Alfred. It doesn't sound like, Yeah, Alfred's Batman's dude, He's an old guy. It doesn't sound scary.
Speaker 3: I feel like I just love all the old names.
Speaker 2: Like you know how people call their dogs, or people are calling restaurants old names like Alfred or Winston or Norman or all these old cafe.
Speaker 1: On the Gold Coast called Alfred's. It's pretty popular. Yeah, Alfred's Alfred, Alfred, I don't know, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's funny how people just like are getting around the old school names and they're calling their pets and restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah Winston, yeah, Winston. Yeah. I've got Actually, I'm in a griactual mood and I've got a grouch for you. Actually, if you're catching a plane.
Speaker 3: You just get right into that.
Speaker 1: I actually saw someone talk about this one a TikTok as well, it's twenty twenty five. You do not recline your chair on a domestic flight, Like, you just don't do that.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're feeling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's common courtesy. You just don't do it anymore. I think that, like it's an tops two hours, you don't need to recline your chair. I'm six ft six nearly, and I don't require my check out of manners for the person behind me, you know what.
Speaker 2: Like, I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one because I got so much online hate.
Speaker 3: Because and granted I was taking an.
Speaker 2: International flight, but I was complaining because literally got onto an international flight. I think I was flying to Europe put my chair back as soon as the aircraft had taken off in the seat belt side went off because I was heading straight to sleep, and the woman behind me corracked it, and I was like, no, the button is there.
Speaker 3: For a reason. You're paying for that seat. You deserve to recline your seat.
Speaker 2: And I actually think in a domestic flight you should also be able to do the same and also before you say.
Speaker 3: Anything, because I know you're about to jump. It's so tall.
Speaker 2: Michael's also tall, and I okay, champion, Okay.
Speaker 1: I agree with an international flight. Yes, I caught national one, but the people in front of us had the emergency exit so they could kick their legs out as well, And I was like, do you really need to recline at the same time, and that dude, I felt like that was ship house of them. I thought you could be a little bit more courteous. No, I reckon domestics, don't recline. There's no need to.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think in domestic you can recline. If you weren't allowed to recline, then don't put the button.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't think that. You like, you're allowed to obviously, but it's just like I think, just common courtesy these days, let's ask our audience, because I think, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's let's ask our Facebook group.
Speaker 2: I'm sticking strong with. If the button's there, use it, You've paid for it, Use it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you'd figure a fight with me today.
Speaker 3: I actually don't know why I fig a fight.
Speaker 1: Well day you're going to ship me like that? I reckon everyone listening at home as well. I reckon you don't recline.
Speaker 3: I reckon you do there?
Speaker 1: You people think I shall sorry for you. Actually, Anna, this might cheer me up.
Speaker 2: Funny, your own story will cheer you about that makes that's so mad.
Speaker 1: I so believe it or not. Everyone playing at home people are shocked. But I take off my wedding ring when I work out because it gets scratches on it. So I take it off. So Tammy does the same thing. Sometimes we forget to put it back on. You take one photo. Everyone loses their minds about it. It is what is you take it off when you work out, because anyone who's married would know the same thing. You do the same thing. You don't work out though.
Speaker 2: He's throwing so much shaped and this is just on my should have.
Speaker 3: Heard him off.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you take it off. And I forgot to at the gym the other day, so I forgot to take it off. So I was working out. I was like, dam I can't lift weights with this, So I put it in my pocket, in my sorry, my sock, like tucked it into my sock.
Speaker 2: Well, your shoes are yeah, worked out for an hour, I forgot it was there.
Speaker 1: I want to go into the sauna. And I was taking off my clothes, took off my shoes, took off my sock and it swung out and it's gone ding dinging and rolled under the showers and the door was closed, and I was like, I was like, hey in there. I was like hey mate, No one was no one was saying anything. I could see it, literally see it there. I could see the guy's feet showering and I've literally reached under it, and I'm like, sorry, mate, and I've grabbed it and put it back on and run away.
Speaker 3: You've got to do it.
Speaker 1: You got to do it. There's no way. I was only my ring just sit there, pageous.
Speaker 3: This is just marinating in this guy shower juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was, yeah, it's pretty gross. So whoever that guy was in the shower, sorry.
Speaker 3: Mate, what if he was?
Speaker 1: Week I made a public shower. Do you piss in them? I guess, well, it's yours.
Speaker 3: You're gonna do it anywhere?
Speaker 1: Do it there? Yeah? So yeah, I got my ring back. I just affected it. So it's all good.
Speaker 3: When he's kissing it now, how lovely? Okay, Matt.
Speaker 2: We came across a very interesting statistic this week. This statistic truly blew me away, and you agree with it.
Speaker 3: So again we're on disagreeing sides. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: You want to fight me today.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: But what we figured out is that ninety five percent of adult relationships utilize some form of location sharing technology. Does that surprise you, because that really surprises me.
Speaker 1: I did say that ninety five is pretty high. I think that was surprising. That's all. That's like pretty much every relationship. But I am not surprised that people do it.
Speaker 3: Do you and Tammy share your yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's just for safety, like you know, you don't know where each other are, Like it's good to know, Like it's not I barely use it. I say that, like I barely use it. But it does say under their name where they are, but it like you don't, like I can go out of my way to look at that. Yeah, you and Michael don't do it.
Speaker 3: No, we're in the five percent of people who don't do it.
Speaker 2: Michael and I have never even had the conversation of location sharing, and I think I know the reason why, and I think it's come from like past relationship trauma with me when I was in a very toxic relationship and I had location, I had Instagram passwords, I had like all of the passwords, and I think it drove me a little bit crazy.
Speaker 1: Would you say you would check the location and check the Instagram.
Speaker 2: I would check the Instagram, like check the messages, just like double check. I don't know, I just think it's like for me, I think I've seen that as coming from a toxic place, But obviously there's so many more reasons as to why people share locations, and even just talking about it now, I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 3: In fact, maybe I should call Michael and say, hey, do you want to share locations?
Speaker 1: What he says, have you ever checked your partner's fine, like picked it up and looked not Michael's, not Michael's by ex's if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I feel a little bit insecure, I've definitely like looked through people's phones in the past. But I think with Michael, because it was a healthy relationship, I was like, I don't even want to like go there bye and vice versa. Like he uses my phone for like work things sometimes and I use his phone for work things.
Speaker 3: It's not like when we.
Speaker 2: Like Steer are clear of each other's phones because we're like afraid of what's going to be there.
Speaker 3: It's more just like we trust each other, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: My phone's and our phones are open property, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think, and I've said this on the podcast before, I think when you're in that mind space where you're trying to find something and you're trying to always catch someone out or like I would sometimes wait until they would go to sleep and then look at their phone and be like and then my heart would be racing because I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, what am I gonna find?
Speaker 1: You know that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have done that. It sounds fucking sounds like why would you do that to you? It's hot, But I do believe what you're saying. If you for it, you will find it.
Speaker 3: Like well, I don't know if you will find someone.
Speaker 1: That pisces you off, like there's going to be something that they've done before you or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like maybe like in the talking phase, who is talking to or something along those lines. I don't know, but I just think hitting my thirties, I was like, I'm living in anxiety free life. If someone wants to cheat on me, they're going to cheat on me, I'm not going to stop them. Before I was like determined to stop it. I was like, I will stop you in your tracks.
Speaker 1: So I've got a recommendation for the podcast. I've been listening to Mel Robbins.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's that she does?
Speaker 1: The let them theory?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh you've been telling me about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love to let them theory. I believe in it. I'm fifty percent through the audiobook. Yeah, I really think it's a good thing to let them. So if they're going to do it, just let them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let them, Like they'll get caught out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everyone who's a cheater or does wrong thing or tries to be sneaky gets caught out.
Speaker 1: But I mean it doesn't. It doesn't let it hurt any less, though, But I guess at least you can sleep easy as you.
Speaker 2: Can sleep easy for sure, Like, like, there's no point in being in ten out of ten stress for three years of your relationship waiting for someone to cheat.
Speaker 3: On you, and then three years in they cheat on you and you're like, god, damn.
Speaker 1: At the pain or the opposite, they don't and then for three years you've been stressing for no reason.
Speaker 3: True, look at you turning positive. It's love to see it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some of the reasons as to why couples do want to share location. Ninety five percent of people in relationships are sharing locations, so there's obviously a reason other than just wanting to check if your partner's cheating on you, or if they're at the club or at a girl's house or I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Well. Safety is one of them for showing where your partner is to provide a peace of mind, especially in situations where they might be traveling alone, yeah or coming home late. I couldn't make it to an event last weekend. I had family issues. One of my family members got rushed in for heart surgery, so I couldn't make an event and Tammy had to go somewhere without me, in like rural Western Australia. So she it was good to know where she was. She was in an uber and she was saying she felt uncomfortable. I could see where she was in case, you know, anything happened. I think safety is a big part of it as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think hearing you say that, I'm you know, I'm a big advocate for safety. I hate traveling myself. Maybe it would be good if I did have my location on.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't think this is on the list, but correct me if I'm wrong. But like, is it like find my iPhone? The location thing? Is it the same sort of thing? Yeah? I wish that my ex partner had it or someone I knew had it when I after your thirtieth when.
Speaker 3: You were sleeping on a bench.
Speaker 1: Passed out on a bench and somebody stole my phone from me and I could know where it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually because I'm on parent Talk now because obviously the baby is coming very soon and scarily soon. Just I it's March right now, and the baby's coming in May.
Speaker 3: It's real soon.
Speaker 1: Two months. The Martian that, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's three months.
Speaker 2: I said two months, and Michael said no, because he's like, it's all of March, all of April and then the end of May. It's technically three. But I would have said too as.
Speaker 1: Well, So I'm with you, Yeah it's three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, because I'm on parent Talk at the moment, I've actually seen parents put air tags into their kids shoes or backpacks, like sewing them in so if or their clothes or jackets or whatever it is or hats.
Speaker 3: So it's like if they were to be kidnapped, the.
Speaker 2: Kids air tagged and I was like, good, idea air.
Speaker 3: Tag my kid.
Speaker 1: Stitch it into his bottom of his legs, going into a skin.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The next reason why couples feel the need so strongly to have each other's location on is just convenience. Really so easily coordinating plans. So if you're meeting up for dinner after work, knowing where your partner is.
Speaker 3: Knowing if they're close.
Speaker 2: You know that old little story you get when someone goes, I'm on my.
Speaker 3: Way and they're not on their way. They weren't on their way for twenty minutes, and then they.
Speaker 1: Come see where they are.
Speaker 3: I guess that would be good for that.
Speaker 1: So the next one is trusts and intimacy. For some couple, sharing the location can be a sign of openness and commitment within the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah do you feel that way?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I've got nothing to hide, like where I am. Like you know, like I said, my mum, my, sisters, everyone has my location.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty transparent about where I am.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you want my location?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You already have my calendar and it's annoying. You're like, have fun doing this today. I'm like, how do you know? I don't know how to get it off here.
Speaker 1: I have to leave my own terms. But I'm still in there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: A final one is practical concerns. So let's just say one partner's running errands and the other can easily check their location.
Speaker 3: To see if they need to pick something up.
Speaker 1: On the way that comes in handy.
Speaker 2: A friend of ours was also saying, like, because they have their friends' locations and they live in different areas, they can see on the weekend if their friends are close by, and they'll be like, oh, hey, John to have a coffee. That's quite interesting because makes sense and sometimes you are closer people and you just wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, my sister the other day saw up somewhere and she's like, what are you doing there? Can you can you grab me from this bakery? And I was like, no, I'm already left, and she's like, I can see you. I was like, I'm leaving.
Speaker 3: He's dug he absolutely don't. You're really throwing yourself on today.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: Everyone, no one's safe. I'm not even safe myself.
Speaker 3: You're not yourself, I guess. Like security concerns are a huge one.
Speaker 2: We have a camera at our front door, and I think it does definitely make me feel more secure at home. What do you think about like at home security cameras.
Speaker 1: We've got them all around the house. Yeah, and like so.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty do you check in on them a bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do. It lurts you, it lets you oh okay, and then you watch it. But one of the front gate ones goes off all the time, like the cars driving past in that and like the posting and that. So if that one goes off, I won't. And sometimes look.
Speaker 3: At our apartment, well, it's not an apartment, it's a unit. So we live in units, and so our.
Speaker 2: Block, like our house has two houses in it, basically in the one.
Speaker 3: House basically friendly with your neighbors. Yeah, they're so nice.
Speaker 2: I've actually never met them, but they we text each other and they've centers letters.
Speaker 1: We've never met them. And you live in like we live above them. You live so close to them.
Speaker 3: Michael sees them all the time.
Speaker 2: I've never met them. It's very bizarre, like I've wanted to meet them. It's and they do go away.
Speaker 3: For six months of the year too.
Speaker 1: Why the cake?
Speaker 3: How have I've baked them cakes? I've done it all.
Speaker 2: Really, I just don't see them, like because they're only they only come to Australia for Australian summer, so I've had essentially two summers to see them.
Speaker 3: And they're always like.
Speaker 2: Out riding bikes and they're quite active. So yeah, I haven't seen them, but I do. I really want to see them. But Michael, yeah, he's you know some quite well what bacon. I've made them like little cupcakes with pink frosting.
Speaker 3: They're really good. That was before my oven broke.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice to eat in one of them. I love.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we have this guy and because obviously we live on our block, there's like ten units, there's a guy like a body Corp has basically hired this guy and he like vacuums their communal area whatever.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of an older guy and he like kind of greezes off our camera because when he's vacuuming, he's like gives it like the.
Speaker 1: Stan Kai can you talk through yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. The kids when.
Speaker 1: They're getting in the thing, I'll start talking to him.
Speaker 2: Like say, like you can actually speak and actually, okay, yeah, where's that coming from? Yeah? And with mine you can also do like the there's words that are pre written and the robot says it, so they'll be like, excuse me, leave that at the door.
Speaker 1: So you don't even know if you have that I can speak to.
Speaker 3: But like the robot speaks for you.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. I might see if we have that feature.
Speaker 2: I think if you're going to be sharing location, you need to be getting permission, Like there needs to be consent in this sharing of location, because it isn't a huge invasion of privacy really, you know, if you're wanting to just do your own thing or whatever it might be, you can.
Speaker 1: Come from a milicius place like tracking your partner a bit controlling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think interestingly enough, we do have a study here that tells us that only sixteen percent of couple sharing their location viewed it as controlling their partner. So the majority of people actually used it for security, So that's forty eight percent. Forty eight percent of doing it because they think it's a safe, correct thing to do. And I think if I was ever going to do it, that's where I would fall into. And then twenty four percent just said it was really for convenience, just knowing and you know, not having to even text them. They can just quickly look at their location and maybe see how far away they are. Maybe if they're cooking dinner for them, they can see they're on the way home, get dinner on the table.
Speaker 3: How nice would that be.
Speaker 1: I actually lived with a mate and I remember was sitting there at the table and his girlfriend came out and she like, she'd already eaten dinner. I'd notice that and I was like, Oh, are you coming back to sit with us? And she said, no, I'm just heating up my mates. She said his name's Dinner, and I was like, oh. I was like, do you know how far off he is? Like when he's getting home? She seick, yeah, he's pulling into Warrigal Road now. And I was just like, that was the first time I'd actually seeing someone actually like track their partner in that way.
Speaker 3: The one thing I will say is that just because.
Speaker 2: We have revealed that ninety five percent of couples do share their location, doesn't mean that you have to, And I think there should be no pressure to It's your prerogative and if.
Speaker 1: It's a boundary that you have some privacy, then your partner should respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think in relationships, autonomy is so important and feeling like you are still your own person and you're not completely submerged in with someone else.
Speaker 3: Is really key. So yeah, don't feel pressured. We know that it's a very high statistic.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked, but yeah, like Matt said, we will do a little poll on our Facebook group and find out what our where's your head at listeners think of this statistic because it is high.
Speaker 1: It is high, it is very high. It is surprisingly high.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, until next time.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, guys. Just go to get a coffee or a drink or something.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, I'm actually fine.
Speaker 3: Let's get you a smile.