Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh plus we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, we.
Speaker 2: Are talking about the TikTok band. The Americans were kicked off their back.
Speaker 1: They were having a melt there.
Speaker 2: Gotcha was mayhem for about four and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we slept through most of it.
Speaker 2: We tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: And we have actually two but one main TV show that you need to see and it's unexpected as well, but it's a must watch.
Speaker 2: It'll change your life.
Speaker 1: Deal.
Speaker 2: Mean, oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: But Simpson's had a glow up, but you've had a.
Speaker 2: Ten yeahs not? You starting already with the workplace bully First, proper episode back for the year.
Speaker 1: Got to say what I got to say. Good morning Matthew, even though it's five past twelve.
Speaker 2: Good morning, my jewling, and hello Scrollers. Well Roo, we have genuinely missed you. We just had a bit of a moment here in the studio and we were like, God, it's good to be back.
Speaker 1: It is even though we've had episodes coming out every week, like we haven't technically had a break. We had a break. They were all pre recorded, as you all know, but this is our first official in real time episodes. When you're listening to this when it comes out, it's like not even twenty four hours earlier that we're recording in yeah, legit, So we're in real time. We're back for twenty twenty five, and we're ready and.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good about twenty twenty five in general. I have a good It has a good energy about it. I think you know, at the start of every year, we kind of like go into the year and we're like, you know, this is gonna be my yeah here, it's gonna be a great year, and everybody like has a good sense. But I think you lose that after the first couple of days of the new year, and that kind of that sense and that feeling goes away. I still have that. I'm still good. I'm still feeling like this year is going to be a really good year.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what. Throughout like the Christmas and New Year period, like, as everyone knows, AJ and I had time off for the first time ever in the history of Fate, and it felt like a month for me because like I've never had two weeks off work at Fate ever, never, ever, ever. But I was actually getting a bit overwhelmed with, like because I was on TikTok a lot, just scrolling' and I was getting overwhelmed with like everyone's you know, New Year's ins and outs, the seventy five hard challenges starting New Year's because everyone's doing the like Bingo card this year, where you like make a Bingo card and then you fucking put a picture over the top of it and whatever. And I was feeling like overwhelmed by that in the holidays because I think this is the first year where I'm just like, fuck it, I just want to just go into the year and just see what gets thrown at me. No expectation yeah, and I was like, oh, fuck, now I should do seventy five hard and fucking do this, that and the other because I saw everyone else doing it. And then I'm like, you know what, girls, you don't have to No, you can just go into the new year same as last year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't imagine anything worse than a seventy five hard challenge.
Speaker 1: It's like seventy five soft and all this. And then I'm like, oh, fuck, do I need to do that?
Speaker 2: I could do a seventy five soft depending on what it is. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you can just make it up and make it whatever you want, as.
Speaker 2: Long as it's not a diet, you know, as long as it's not restrictive or I've got to force myself to do, you know. Like I feel like I feel like my year of health might have been a bit of a seventy five soft. I just kind of like set realistic expectations and goals and that sort of stuff. But yeah, I can't imagine doing anything like that. Could never be me.
Speaker 1: I just want to say to everyone it's okay to just like keep going into the new year as if though nothing's different, because let's be honest, nothing is different, which is another week. It's all the same. It's true you've had a bit of a transformation. Though your hair is streaked and blonde.
Speaker 2: Well that's always been the case.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think it's the spray tan.
Speaker 2: I think it's the spray tan has brought out the blonde. If you haven't seen the video on my social media, I got a spray tan. Look, things went a little bit wrong. I forgot to It was in an automatic machine. I forgot to turn around, and so the back of me is a little white, but the front of me is overglowing. Yeah and yeah, I've got the nails as well. We're now getting our little manicures and builder in a bottle on the nails, which with the nail art, I'm loving that. I've speaking of seventy five hard. I've signed up at the gym. I'm going to the gym now again for the first time in like five years. I spoke a little candidly about it on TikTok, just about my feelings about going back to the as someone who only really ever went to the gym to lose weight, which is now at this point in my life, not something that I'm interested in or care about. I don't care about the way that I look. We've spoken about that a lot on this podcast. You already should know. But this year, I really want to work on my strength and become a bit stronger. I have no upper body strength at all, and so if I I remember one time, actually I got booked to do a shoot with Disney and I had they I got there and they wouldn't tell me what I had to do because that was part of the video and it was to promote like Guardians of the Galaxy or something. Yeah, and anyway, I got there, I had to rock climb. That was what I was getting paid to go there and do and make the video.
Speaker 1: By the way, rock climbing is so fucking hard.
Speaker 2: And I was like much bigger than I am right now, and I had zero fitness at all, and I was like trying to do the rock climbing and I was telling them I'm sorry, I actually physically cannot do this, and they're like, but you have to do this job of fact, yeah for sure, and not to see it. I just I just was like it was just so bizarre to me. So I've never had any body strength, So I'd like to have a bit more upper body strength. When I was moving house, oh my god, picking up a box farf kilos heavy, I was like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Do a shift in the fate wearhouse. That's a good exercise.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I don't think I ever could. So that's something I want to work on. Obviously, I'm not worried about the aesthetics of it. I'm not trying to get big muscles and things like that. I'm just trying to improve my strength.
Speaker 1: I think I think I've said this on the pod before, but like I like, well sometimes on my FYP or whatever, see like you know, really fit, strong girls that lift all the weights and whatever, and they have the tripod in the gym, and like, even though like you're not all about that, all about the looks, Like I can really admire people that, literally, I think we've said this, like that have a sculpted body. I'm like that takes a certain amount of determination, and they look fucking good. Like, especially when I see like a really strong gal and she's in a little booty shorts and a fucking bra and she's got like muscles on her legs and her backs, and she's got like a six pack I'm like, fucking yeah, I wish that could be me. That's never gonna be me, because that requires one hundred percent determination and commitment. The way you're eating and everything is going to make you look that way. And I don't have that kind of effort.
Speaker 2: No, you've got enough projects going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, not do a bodybuilding comm you know what, let's do it. Yeah No, I couldn't fair enough.
Speaker 2: Well, I did want to set the tone for the year, okay and apologize to you for something what because I actually have said something on this podcast in twenty twenty four that I now really I don't know if regret is the right word, but scared, but basically, you made a statement here on this podcast, and I refuted that statement. I said, you're wrong. You're absolutely you could not be more wrong. You just you And I thought, I think, I, you know, insinuated that you just were a little out of the loop with what was going on in the situation. So last year we were talking about pop girls Charlie XCX, Sabrina, CARVDA or the rest of it, and I was saying, you know, I was naming all the main pop girls. You then brought up Tate McCrae and I went, no, you said she's gonna be the next Britney Spears. I went, na, Dad'd be stupid, Tate McCrae. No, I mean she's good, she's lovely, she's doing a good job, but she's not up there with the other main pop girlies. Well, I'm here to say I apologize for shutting your theory down, and I am sorry about that because she actually is one of the hottest things right now, and especially over the summer. I really notice like her just taking off, and really the new music she's bringing out has taken her to that next level. She's got that new song that's about to drop with herd the Snippets for Sports Card that is like a Pussycat Dolls Buttons moment. I can see that's going to be another Espresso moment, I imagine. And so you were right, And you know, you've always been this type of person. We've been friends for what over ten years now, You've always been this type of person that will make a statement like that that is so rogue, and you'll go, this is what's going to happen, and I go and everyone else goes, No, Brittany, you don't know what you're telling me about. Nah, you're just playing silly buggers. And then lo and behold. You are one of those people who constantly gets to say I fucking told you so.
Speaker 1: I say this to my staff all the time when am I ever wrong? And they're like, you know what, brit you ride about that? I'm like, when am I ever fucking wrong? Just saying, well, you should be apologizing to Tate McCray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry Tate McCrae. I love I love her and always have loved her, like, and she's.
Speaker 1: She's coming back here again. She was here last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was only just here not long ago.
Speaker 1: If she comes back, I'm gonna have to try and get tickets, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think everyone needs to watch Tate McCray this year.
Speaker 1: Your eye on her and Addison too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I reckon. I reckon Addison is going to be Britney Spears in the Britney Spears biopic. I'm saying it now. Yeah, okay, because I reckon they're filming it and I reckon. That's why Addison rays so quiet on social media.
Speaker 2: Oh well, there you go.
Speaker 1: But again, I haven't read that anywhere or anything but I just think, Okay, that's my prediction. Again. Let's see, let's.
Speaker 2: See what happens. God, you're skilling a bit florent Star.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do our first Royal Flush of twenty twenty five. Matt, Yeah, please be upstanding for the Royal flush. What have you got? Oh? I can see what yours is?
Speaker 2: Okay, yours is good too. This is so good. Okay, I'm very excited about being back in dooing Royal flashes and all the rest of it. I don't know. I'm just in a very good mood today everyone. I hope everyone is taking my infectious energy on board today. So I have a new show that I think everybody needs to watch. It is on Amazon Prime, which I will say just quickly, on Amazon Prime. The only reason I actually have Amazon Prime the streaming service is because I pay for Amazon the delivery service, so it's all included in one.
Speaker 1: See, I think I've been an idiot. I think I have Amazon Prime on my phone, and then I think I signed up for like Amazon TV, and I think I've got two accounts going on at once. So I need to look into that.
Speaker 2: Okay. But basically, if you pay for Amazon you get it included. You also get I think like potentially maybe an audible or a Kindle subscription included. It's all included. I don't know how it works, but look into it. Basically, if you pay for Amazon, which is so worth it everybody, especially if you live in Love Amazon, if you live in a metropolitan area, it's so worth it. You get next day sometimes same day delivery.
Speaker 1: See, we don't get that in newe Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know that's it, but we get like I.
Speaker 1: Think it's like not next day but the one after, yeah, like or maybe some of the next day if you order by a certain time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's still pretty good for.
Speaker 2: Newie and you get special discounts and sort of things like that. So it's definitely worth signing up to anyway. That means I have Amazon Prime Now. The TV show that I am recommending to you. My sister actually told me about it and she was like, it is some of the best television I've ever watched. And I was like, surely, not like, not old mate doing this show. I don't think you know. Anyway, I turned it on this one day and it was the first time in a very long time that my phone was not a distraction for a television show. I was glued to the screen, the drama of it, all, the way it's filmed, the suspense, the things they're doing in the show, everything about it. I was like just so on board for that. I didn't even touch my phone. I then came to we did a friends mess at the end of last year.
Speaker 1: You told me about it.
Speaker 2: I came up to yours and I said, let me tell you about this TV show, doll, you need to watch this. You watched it, you loved it too.
Speaker 1: So I've only watched up to like where that episode was, so there's probably more that I haven't watched. So don't spoil it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, no worries. Basically, I know you're all on the EDGC.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's the most unexpected fucking show, Like, you would not even pick Matt to watch it. I reckon if Matt like, you'll see what I mean.
Speaker 2: So the show is Mister Beast Games.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who mister Beast is, he's like the most popular YouTuber ever. He's got so much money it's not even funny.
Speaker 2: He's got those videos that are like curing a thousand people's blindnurse and doing real life squid game and all the rest of that. And I guess this show is a reality show where he takes a thousand contestants literally puts them in this world he's built. They all sleep in there, and they all complete these challenges. The challenges are so creative, so smart, so fun.
Speaker 1: And yet so simple and yes, so simple. The thing is as well. So the money that he gives away in this show is like nothing you've ever fucking seen before. Like there's like a big grand prize at the end, five million. He gives away millions of other dollars from the first game like it's wild, and like I can vouch for this show. I've never watched mister Beest. It's not really my thing. I feel like he's or targeted to like teenage boys in America. This show is like nothing you've ever seen before. And he's broken the world record of most amount of money ever given away in any prize show in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: And there's so many records because it's also he's also broken the record for the most game game show money given away in the first episode of the series as well, because that never happens. No one ever gives.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. If you loved like Big Brother Friday Night Games, you will love this because it gives that sort of vibe. And it's obviously inspired by Squid Game if you've watched that as well, which we might talk about a little later, and it shows you humanity at its worst and at its best. I think as well, like there's a lot of emotion in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people form alliances then stab each other in the.
Speaker 1: Back because there's money dangling in front of their face.
Speaker 2: There's actually one part of the show which I will tell you about, which I guess is kind of a spoiler player, but it's one tiny piece of the puzzle, and I just I don't think it's that big of a deal. Basically, there's one part the show, and I think maybe episode three, where he says, you know, you've all got to know each other. Now get into group of threes with the people that you're closest to in this competition. So they all get their besties. The three besties all get together. They're all like, oh my god, love you. We're going to do the next challenge together. This is so exciting. He then locks everyone in different rooms in their groups of three, and then when they're in the room, he says, right, you've got five hours to decide one of you must be eliminated from the competition. In each room, you have to talk to each other and figure out which one of that is going. And of course that means they're saying goodbye to five the chance of five million dollars. This means that he has made them form the relationship, become very close with people. He's then told them to get with their besties. He's then put them in a room and said, now you've got to confront each other. You've only just gotten to know each other and you've only just formed a relationship, but now you need to decide which one of you is going to say goodbye to five million dollars and just eliminate yourself from the competition, and the other two people in the room to go on.
Speaker 1: And another again spoiler, but like there's so much more to the show that this really isn't a soilert happens when they're in those rooms like their tiny little white cubes, like it's a white room with nothing else. But because he's got so much fucking money, one thing that they were able to do in that room is ask for anything they want. They were allowed There was a phone on the wall, and they were allowed to ask for anything in the world that they want. And as you can imagine, they got five hours. Everyone was getting so creative and calling up and asking for all sorts of rogue, random shit, and you just I'd recommend watching it just for that element alone, because it just shows you, like what people are really like. There was some sore, fucking losers in there that I was so mad at and I'm messaging Matt going those saw fucking losers like because they all like play. They were playing games with one another, and then you know, whoever lost, they were the one that went home because it's the only fair way to like work it out. And then people were refusing to leave even though they lost the game.
Speaker 2: And Matt's like, we forgot to say that if they couldn't come to a decision, all they all go, all three of them, three of them, so someone had to go otherwise all three.
Speaker 1: Merely some fucking sore losers in there. Let me tell you know, I was yelling at the TV. I'm messaging Matt like that so fucking loser guy, And that's like that would be me.
Speaker 2: That would be me. If I'm not winning, no one is. I'm going down with all of your love. Sorry, would that for you? I'm thinking this motherfucking ship even if you lost.
Speaker 1: A game, yeah it was fair and square.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, I don't know if I lost fair and square, yeah, I'd probably still go. No, I'm not gone because then hopefully someone else goes and I get to stay in the game. Either I'm going home and giving up my chance, or there's nothing more that I could have done in that situation, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But they all agreed to play games with one another, and then if you lose, you should go because there's a lot of people did but that one fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you hated him.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll punch him in the face. Well, then bring that violence, bring back violence.
Speaker 2: Anyway, watched mister Bass games. Did you end up watching Squid.
Speaker 1: Game over the breaks?
Speaker 2: I did? Have you watched it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I again like spoiler alert, but not really so. Squid Game Season two came out over the holidays on Boxing Day? Didn't it come out? Binged it in a day?
Speaker 2: Same?
Speaker 1: Ah? Like I love that show. Yeah, I feel like it obviously left us all on a massive cliffhanger because they're preparing for season three. But I overall really liked it, and can we just talk about like the Merry Go Round game free?
Speaker 2: So that was the best, I know, the best episode.
Speaker 1: Again like spoiler, but we're not really given that much away, Like there's so much that happens in the season, but they introduce a new game. Should we explain how the game works? Or surely everyone's seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon if you haven't seen it by now, you probably can't be bothered watching. Yeah, I will say not as good as season one. We spent way too much time on voting.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was annoying.
Speaker 2: Forty minutes on an episode of voting.
Speaker 1: I was and see what I think as well.
Speaker 2: But big reflection on society. I got what they were trying.
Speaker 1: To get to me, but what I'm trying to One thing that I think is, well, Matt, if you've got a room, we got to say one hundred people, what are the odds that it's fucking fifty to fifty? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How is it always fifty to fifty for them? Or like one extra, like, don't you think in real life it would be more vastly one side versus the other?
Speaker 2: Well, look the elections and things that happen, they're very close. They're often very very close. And that's I think what the message of the show was is it only takes one person to make a difference exactly. I think that's the whole.
Speaker 1: I'm like, come on, fucking someone, I would never play Squid Game, would you, m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I genuinely think I could win, Like I've just got such an inflated so everybody that I'm going, well, that's easy.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows a red Light green Light game at the start, because that was in season one. We can talk about that. They play that game again where that doll's head spins around and then they've got to run, They've got to stop and freeze, and if they move, they get shot. I think if Squid Game happened in real life and that game existed in real life, most people would die in that game because as soon as one person moves and you hear those gun shots, I think in real life everyone would start running and screaming because you couldn't stay still when you're watching someone get shot and just the sound like you would react. So I think if it was in reality, most of the contestants would die in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also think the only thing that bugs me about squid game is half of it is you're also at everyone else's expense, like similar to Mister Beasts games, like you could get eliminated because of other people's actions.
Speaker 1: Well, like think of in the Red Light Green Light. As soon as one person gets shot, people start panicking and freaking out, they start running, They're just going to run straight into you, like you're going to get knocked over because of other people. So I think if it was in real life, you die in that game. But yeah, I think the Merry Go Round game that they introduce that's the scariest game of all really, Like, yeah, well the glass jumping game from season one that's petrifying, like you know, and they leap across the ladder and the glass leather break or not, and then you fall to your desk. But the Merry Go Round one, like that's petrifying running to a door and hoping that you're gonna get in. Yeah, no, thanks, Like I was on the edge of my seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. The budget was through the roof. It was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, highly recommend Tyler, Mister Beast Games and Squid Game. My royal flush is a very selfish and personal one. Well it's not really selfish, but my royal flush is the fact that I am back on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, congratulations, welcome back or rushouldn't they welcome back? I'm not there, but anyway, good to see you back. I'm also loving it, by.
Speaker 1: The way, Yeah, I like, I don't know. Have we spoken about our We've spoken about our YouTube days a lot on the pod. Yeah, And it's just like an idea that I've had it would be good to make it come back. Oh, I can't be bothered. But we just thought, fuck it, let's do it. So we're back on YouTube. It's my old channel that I had Britney Lee Saunders, but we've rebranded it to be like Fate and Me, So it's a bit of my personal life and we're going to be showing a lot of what we get up to it Fate just in longer form content because I feel like our eyes and hands are really exhausted from all the short form content that we've been soaking in over the last couple of years, so we thought, why not get back on YouTube for anyone that wants to watch what we're up to in longer form. And I'm loving it. Yeah, good, I think you might have to join me.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been watching and I'm loving that you're doing like kind of like a vlog, but then you also it's almost like watching an episode of the Kardashians. You've got like your vlog going on or what you're talking about, but then you kind of cut to like an interview style kind of confessional. But then you've also got references. Like if you reference like an old with Wade, you're like, this is Wade, you might remember him from my old videos. Then you actually play the old video.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really love like that you put all the context in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think it shows people as well, like how long I've been doing this for? Because when I've been playing these old videos, I put the year on the screen. It's like twenty twelve. And for people I guess that haven't followed me the whole time, they're gonna see that and go holy fuck, like she's been making these videos forever. Yeah, And I will say, like that first blog that I did was quite rushed because I filmed it on a weekend and like quickly did it. But I want our videography to get even better. Yeah, and yeah, we kind of want to do like vlogs, but like make it feel a bit more put together. And I'm sure there'll be vlogs that are just like chucked up and whatever. And I did a bonus video randomly which was really fun, but we want to make them feel like kind of yeah, like a mini reality episode with little cutaway interviews and all that kind of stuff. And I just loving being back that, like even logging in and like uploading and putting the title and thumbnail pictures pretty much the same, pretty much, like it's just a bit more detailed now. Yeah, but I'm just loving that, like just and then looking at the YouTube creator studio and I said this on my story, but like I didn't know that. I keep feeling something on my toe and I keep thinking it's like a spider anyway, sorry, Like obviously Matt and I used to do YouTube back in the day and we would like earn money off it, and you it's called a YouTube partner. That's when you make money.
Speaker 2: Off By the way, I never made hardly anything from YouTube ad Sense that's fun. It was crazy, like I think my biggest month was like one hundred and twelve dollars, And I was like.
Speaker 1: Fuck, yeah, I mean it's better than nothing, but that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, well in comparison to what everyone else was earning. But as I was saying to you the other day, my CPM, which is like how much you get paid per thousand views on average or something, that was always like eleven cents, whereas like a lot of other people's were at like a dollar fifty, sometimes even up to a seven dollars I've heard of. So it's like, I think I had a real low one, probably because I was so rogue. They were like, advertisers don't want to pay for you.
Speaker 1: So true. Ah. Well, anyway, I didn't like I didn't realize that I had lost my YouTube partnership, Like I was no longer a YouTube partner. So when I signed back up this like in January, I had to like apply, you had to wait to apply again because you have to have a certain amount of views and all this sort of shit. And I've applied and I just need to put in like my passport and stuff. To prove that I am who I am. But now I'm eligible to make money through the YouTube channel again.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So I put up three YouTube videos already, the first one which is like my best one, which was the first video back, and it's got the most amount of views. Unfortunately, it's not eligible for ads because in one of my old videos, I've got a Havana Brown song playing in the background. When I'm like, hi, I'm Britney Sooners and I'm eighteen from Newcastle, there's this like we runny, yes, we run the night in the So with YouTube, they're like so onto it. If there's like a song in the background, boom, you can't have ads. But anyway, I only flicked on the ad Sense the other day and my CPM is a dollar fifty or whatever. So for every one thousand views, I get a dollar fifty. So off the two videos that are monetized, I've made one hundred and sixty five dollars, which I'm pretty important. I'm pretty impressed. And obviously the more videos that you upload, like you just keep earning that CPM, and the CPM thing goes up and down, like some days it'll be two dollars some days it'll be ten cents whatever. But what I've decided what I'm going to do with the ad money is do something cool with it. And I don't know if I'm going to do it once a month or once every three months, but I want to put that money that I use towards something. It could be. I don't know if we're going to do it, what do you think monthly or quarterly? Depends what it's going to be. It could be random, but like I might do a big yeah that as well, could be just two hundred dollars forever, but we want to like use that money to do something. So like one month or whatever, it could just be I'm doing like some giveaways. Another month, we might have everyone vote on a charity that we're going to donate it to. If I earn fucking enough, like we could throw a cool, big event or something for everyone. But just want to use that money for good and like, you know, to give back to the community and give to charities and stuff, because I'm not making the YouTube videos to like line my pockets, not that I think it's going to be all that much, but I want to just do something cool with it. So I'm really excited, So please go and watch my YouTube videos if you haven't already. And it's just it's Matt. It's so nostalgic to be back and like I'm in the comments section right and back to everyone just feels like a blast from the past. So I hopefully, I mean people are still on YouTube from like back in our YouTube days, but I feel like all the ogs need to make a comeback. You dedicated, Yeah, you know, I Michael Finch, I did, Shane Grimman, where are you?
Speaker 2: Carissa Purkis, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Is she still on YouTube? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know Shan Exo is still uploading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like some of the ogs are still there. But I feel like we need to have a comeback year in twenty twenty five, and everyone needs to come back.
Speaker 2: So I did think about it. Remember I almost reactivated my channel and did vlogs when I turned twenty nine. I turned twenty nine and I was like, I don't want to have any regrets. When I turned thirty, well that went out the bloody window. But at the time I was like, from my twenty ninth birthday, I was like, maybe I've gone by myself a new vlog camera and I've logged for twelve months in my last year of my twenties, and then I never got around to doing it, and I couldn't be bothered, but I definitely wanted to because when I think of YouTube, the only videos that I'm miss making are vlogs. They're so fun. It's like a therapy session. Sometimes you get everything off your chest, you tell everyone. And these days on my social media, I mean back in the day when we did YouTube, we would say things like, you know, you only see like a small portion of our day.
Speaker 1: You can show your whole day.
Speaker 2: I know, But now that is even like times ten that statement, because like you really are seeing hardly anything of my day when it comes down to it, which I don't do intentionally, but it's almost as if that's just the way, Like the world has just been conditioned to have shorter content and less people actually want to know. I mean, people want to know more, but they're wanting to resume less, I guess. So anyway, I also have the whole thing about you know, we all know about the drama of my channel and getting demonetized and the queer videos that I was making getting hidden. We know all of that. So I'm also conscious that, like going back, I also had about ninety something thousand subscribers. I almost hit that one hundred k, and the only thing I ever wanted in my life was a bloody play button.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then, since the channel's been so inactive, like I think it's down to like seventy thousand subscribers, might even be lower because it's been yeah, like probably five years since I've uploaded a YouTube video. So I'm scared that if I went back, I mean, you're kind of proving me wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, I'm in my analytics right now, and I felt the same coming back to YouTube. Like with the channel with over a million subscribers, surely everyone's just gonna unsubscribe. But I've gained three thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: I've probably lost some too, but it's up two point eight K, which I was surprised by.
Speaker 2: You're convincing me to try and to maybe do it.
Speaker 1: You should, And I'm just filming all of my videos on iPhone, Like iPhones are that good quality these days?
Speaker 2: You shooting in four K or not?
Speaker 1: Just normal? Maybe I don't know. Whatever it is when you turn the camera.
Speaker 2: On, Well tell me it's in the top corner HD thirty. You're joking the lowest setting. Yeah, is that what you feel? All your videos on Potato Vibes. What's going on there?
Speaker 1: And it's great quality?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I went and bought a new iPhone, like the iPhone fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yep, have you had to put your over there?
Speaker 1: You're going to finish that promax. It's like the iPhone fifteen plus.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah nice.
Speaker 1: And so it's new and it's fucking great quality, awesome, And I'm just filming on there. You don't need to have a clunky camera like you just have a phone, okay.
Speaker 2: And the stability is good, I mean it looks good in the videos. Wobbly, No, it's perfect alrighty then maybe maybe maybe maybe this year. I mean there's already a lot going on this fucking year, but maybe this year.
Speaker 1: I reckon, all you need to come back, we all need to get together.
Speaker 2: Text Michael, I'll say, dull start doing some vlugs. Let's let's start this again. All the og Australian YouTube is back. Maybe that's another prediction you've made. Here we go. You're a song word.
Speaker 1: Addison raised, Britney spears and all the ogs is going to come back to YouTube, write it down and I don't want to say I've started the trend, but we'll see. Well, something else that's just happened in the last forty eight hours, TikTok being banned in America and then coming back yet.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what. I was so excited to talk about this because you know, I write the little briefs here on a Sunday night, so whether they were ready for a Monday morning to record, and at the time it had just gone down and it was mayhem on TikTok. It was absolute mayhem. Last night felt like I was in the Twilight zone and everyone on my for you page was Australian and everyone had like three hundred followers say.
Speaker 1: I hated it, oh really, Like I genuinely think, like, obviously now since then it's come back, so that US is back on TikTok. But I was thinking if they weren't going to come back, which I thought they definitely were going to get it back no matter what I reckon, TikTok would have become so boring for all of us.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was ready to change it and have none of them on there. May God bless America. Love you darling kisses, but it'd be nice to just have.
Speaker 1: Do you really think place? Do you reckon? Though? Like really, when you think about it, imagine if you were scrolling and you never saw Trisha paid us again, like you never saw any of them.
Speaker 2: I can see them on other platforms, though, I don't know. I really enjoyed myself, and I think that algorithm also was really really beneficial because although one hundred and seventy million people, well what happened was obviously the band affected one hundred and seventy million TikTok users in America. That meant there were one hundred and seventy million less people who were either on live streams or posting videos or anything. So I posted a video, which funnily enough, was from the Vault. I'm doing a from the Vault series on TikTok where a lot of the videos I filmed last year that never saw the light of day. I'm just deciding to pop them on TikTok because I'm like, may as well use the content, And so I posted it got like three hundred k views in a few hours. It absolutely popped off, and I was like, this must be because TikTok's like, shit, there's no content, we better boost whoever's posting. And I just happened to post and it went off, and then I went live and the same thing happened. There mustn't have been many people on live, so everyone was begging for people to watch. And here I am and hundreds of people are coming in and they're all following me. Oh, I did wonders for me. It was really hitting the clip, so I was all about it.
Speaker 1: But do you beat that out? When Matt says that.
Speaker 2: Hit the clip? Yeah, it's not even what's why can't we say clip? If I said hit the you know that'd be we'd have to beat that one out, but we'd get no. But hit the clip. I've literally put that. I've literally put that on a T shirt. By the way, Yeah, when I did my when I released that book with Gray Lines, we did a hit the clip teeth.
Speaker 1: I will never forget when you Tanya Hennessy and I made a skit. Some of you would have seen it, some of you probably haven't. And I'm going to post it in our broadcast channel on Instagram, so be sure to join that if you haven't already but we did a skit about people that have just been to Bali and they've come back home, and so we were just acting out all these people and the things that they say after being home from Bali. And in one of the clips, Matt is like, oh, I had great cocktails, you know, wet pussy, And then you said another one, Oh, what was it? Tits clips and bong hits. Yeah, that was really nice.
Speaker 2: I had a cocktail over there was Divan. It was called tits clits and bonghads. Yeah. Look, well, when you go to Bali though, that's what they're not.
Speaker 1: That's what they're called. One in Bali needs to make a cocktail.
Speaker 2: Called tits clits and bong hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, wait, what flavor would that cocktail be? I was if you had to genuinely give that a flavor that's real flavors.
Speaker 2: Well, it's in It's in my cocktail book. Poor decisions. We made a tits clits and bong hits.
Speaker 1: Hell, I've got that book somewhere. Yeah, support your friends.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's in there somewhere, I'm sure, because I think that was the whole thing. When when I when they asked me whether I wanted to collab on something. I was like, let's do a cocktail book and they can all be funny names like tits, clits and bong hits. Because that was such an iconic moment in my.
Speaker 1: Social people are like, you know when you're in fits, laughing, like you try not to wee like that was us when we were filming that video.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, I don't know what the.
Speaker 1: Same time, the one that he went through the floor was at that same time.
Speaker 2: The same video. It never made the end because I thought tits clips and bong Hits was so strong I left out gangers, sangers and sausage slangers. Wait, no, gangers, slangers and sausage sangers. That was another one of the which again this is a different time. Gangs is probably not a nice word to describe a woman these days, but back then anything was possible. Anyway, the point is, the point is, what the fuck were we talking about? The TikTok band? How do we get to tims, glints and bong hits? Anyway, the TikTok band, it's all over now, and I'm disappointed because I wanted to talk about it as if you know, I was.
Speaker 1: Still in the thick of it, but I remember, oh wait.
Speaker 2: Yeago, Well I've got an important little tidbit that maybe not everyone has seen. I will say this is what I found the most interesting about the whole situation is this morning when I woke up, I actually saw on a few of my friend's story some interesting things that have happened. So originally what happened was when you opened your TikTok app if you were in America, it came up with a message that was like, sorry, TikTok is not able to be used in the US, and the app won't work and close and it just there was no option but to close the app. Yes, this morning, TikTokers in America opened the app to see this message, which I find so strange. It says, welcome back, Thanks for your patients and support. As a result of President Trump's efforts, TikTok is back in the US. You can continue to create, share and discover all the things you love on TikTok. This was then followed up but with a tweet from TikTok policy that says with a statement from TikTok that says, in agreement with our service providers, TikTok is in the process of restoring service. We thank President Trump for providing the necessary clarity and assurance to our service providers that they will face no penalties, providing TikTok to over one hundred and seventy million Americans and allowing over seven millions small businesses to thrive. It's a strong stand for the First Amendment and against arbitrary censorship. We will work with President Trump on a long term solution that keeps TikTok in the United States.
Speaker 1: So he's got me thinking, is this just one massive campaign to make Donald Trump? Look?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it Donald Trump who made this happen in the first place, didn't he wasn't he the one few years ago that was like, we need to get rid of tig tuck? And then now he's like going to keep TikTok?
Speaker 1: Can you do it? An impersonation?
Speaker 2: Not very well? I'm not going to try it again.
Speaker 1: I thought you would be good at it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I saw James Charles doing one and he was really good. Really did you see that too? Hunah, Like, why was he so good at that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was good. It's good. But I couldn't do a good one. So I'm not even going to try I'm speaking mister Bee's and mister Beat's games. Apparently he wants to try and buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a lot. It would be worth hundreds of billions. Surely, I don't know if he's got that much money, just saying, well, look, I'm glad that it's back because I think, like, TikTok's already banned from so many other countries, but America is so big, and they're like the audience of like the main people on TikTok. Yeah, there's no I don't think there's anyone like bigger. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: Don't quote China.
Speaker 1: It's banned in China.
Speaker 2: Wait, China's banned from TikTok. Yeah, do they own TikTok. Doesn't TikTok own China? I mean doesn't China, Like it'sn't but.
Speaker 1: It's not in China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well that's sus. Maybe I do. Maybe I do think that's a little bit sus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm glad I.
Speaker 2: Can understand the confusion then, okay, because why would they create an app that their own country couldn't use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Interesting, But I genuinely didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it's back. Number one, Like you said, the seven million small businesses that can continue to run like TikTok for business is huge in America. People's whole livelihoods and jobs would have been on the fucking you know, out the door if TikTok actually stayed away. And also, like I just feel like it would have eventually had a fucking effect on the economy somehow because of how big TikTok is. Yeah, like it would have had an effect on the economy straight away from all the American businesses that rely solely on TikTok. But also I just think TikTok would be boring if that they were all gone forever. I love seeing all the celebrities on there.
Speaker 2: Did I say it ghost?
Speaker 1: There's a kid from one of our.
Speaker 2: Four year old behind me. I was like, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You just reminded me then of that Who's horse is that? Anyway, I'm glad they're back.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they're back too. But I really also if it was permanently banned, that it wasn't able to happen, Like you know, I know that you were like, I think we would get bored of it. I would be of the attitude of, like, let's make something of this. They're gone there, there's less competition. Now we can make this a safe space.
Speaker 1: America would have started their own TikTok, and then the whole world would have went over to that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but we could have had our moment to begin with. Anyway, whatever it is, what it is, and do we really care at the end of the day what it is. Well. I would have loved to talk about my rant of the week in today's episode, but we've run out of time. We have discussed a lot, so I'm actually gonna keep my rant of the week for Friday's Close Friends episode. All right, I'm ready, So would you like to say your lying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Yep, thanks for listening. Scrollers were bloody love ya. You already know what to do. We're back for twenty twenty five. Make sure you've turned on the notifications, subscribed all the rest of it. Leave us a review, rate us five stars or nothing at all. If it's not five stars, we don't want to fucking hear about it, or art pull your finger out five stars. Thank you anyway, dull better let you go. I've got to go make a titsklits and bong hits.