Speaker 1: Well, welcome to Close Friends. Everyone.
Speaker 2: We are at the pub.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Brittany's got herself another drink.
Speaker 3: I couldn't say no, I've decided to do another one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never had one. April's had about seven proseccos.
Speaker 2: She's on the cloth, lucky, I'm boss, and I.
Speaker 1: Give her that flog. She's film and turns out all right, it'll be all shaky anyway, welcome back. We're still at the Stag and Hunter Hotel, and this is our Close Friends episode. It's our last Close Friends episode for the year. Officially. Yes, we obviously have more episodes coming for you, but they're prerecordeds. This is officially our last one of the year. And we were just sitting here and we were like, what the fuck are we going to do? We need to make this special, you know, yeah, and we couldn't think of anything, so we're not going to do that. Instead, what we're going to do is go live in our broadcast channel, which it's about ten o'clock in the morning here. Happy Hours just finished. We got we've got the drinks just before Happy Hour finished, and now it's time to do Close Friends. And I was going to say, where was I going with this. Oh yes, I don't know how many people are going to be on.
Speaker 2: Can we just go live and see?
Speaker 1: We're in a broadcast channel, so there's less people than all our followers.
Speaker 2: I'll put it. I'll put a message in there. Now we've got four point four k in there like that's the decent am.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, everyone get in this broadcast right now. We were meant to freakin have Aj on this episode, but he's had to go because he couldn't stand our live show.
Speaker 1: Okay, should I go live? Should I hit live? Yeah, I'm hitting live. Unfortunately, we're not both going to be able to be in frame unless okay, we're checking connection. You are now live. Let's just set ourselves up here, we go cheers. We'll have a little cheers, and we'll wait for people to join. I'm going to tell you how many people are joining as we.
Speaker 2: I reckon, we're going to come in tops fifty you reckon, I justro this.
Speaker 1: We've got one at the moment, we've got six six people. We're just back for a few more will join fourteen. I don't think we'll hit that. Fifty babes were at sixteen forty four jumped up. Yeah, forty nine, here we go, seventy three.
Speaker 2: We've got more than fifty.
Speaker 1: All right, hello scrollers in the broadcast channel, we are currently recording our Close Friends episode and we have no idea what to do, so we thought we'd go live in the broadcast channel.
Speaker 3: Drink and it's bloody ten o'clock in the morning. Oh shit, I've nearly knocked my wine over.
Speaker 1: Okay, So basically, ask us questions and we will answer them on the pod.
Speaker 3: But you're also we're recording our podcast right now, so for those of you watching in the broadcast channel, we're gonna need you to hit us with some questions.
Speaker 2: Someone said, is that water?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not, it's a semelon savignon blanc.
Speaker 2: I am mid last episode right now. Is this the pub? Happyer at the pub?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: It is. We're at the pub.
Speaker 3: We're actually on the stage each giving backstage. We're on the stage that Reese Maston performed on.
Speaker 1: Actually, April, could you just take my phone for me and just just go back a little bit. I'll just turn the camera around and you just go back and give everyone a big shot of what's happening here. Oh sorry, I've knocked the laptop. Hello, it's just panned to the audience. We've got such a big audience here today, a lot of people in the room.
Speaker 2: We're in the past.
Speaker 1: It's all happening so April. Maybe if there's any questions, you could just ask us, but vet them first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure the appropriate Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Most unhinged moment of Scrollers this year.
Speaker 2: Umm, I don't know. It's hard to think of these on the spot.
Speaker 1: Also hard to know what happened this year and last year as well. Yeah, because I get all that.
Speaker 2: And do you know what our most unhinged moment was?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yes, after the TikTok Awards.
Speaker 3: He came in with his sonnies On and was not okay, Like I went to get I had to pick you up in the elevator and I came in the elevator and you were just not okay, Like from the moment I saw you, you were just like hello. And then probably the other really funny moment from this year was when we dressed up as each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was unhinged. Yeah, the the episodes that we filmed after the TikTok Awards, I don't think there's like a few of them are coming out over our Christmas New Year break. There's some of the pre recorded ones, and I think you'll be able to tell because I hardly say a word. I was just trying to get through it, and I was like, you're gonna have to take one for the team here, and I was messaging you before it.
Speaker 3: It's like, all right, it's all right, I've got this. I was like not hungover in the slightest. I had like one one drink at the TikTok Awards. Someone also said the one where that was high on drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that was a good episode.
Speaker 1: The pain Killers. That was a fun episode after the Gaulstone attack.
Speaker 2: Yes, have we got any other questions? April pet peeve about each other?
Speaker 1: Pet peeve about each other?
Speaker 2: We need to do that trend. We listen and.
Speaker 1: We okay, let's do okay go then we listen and which I feel like is me out all times anyway, I'm always listening and not judging. Actually, well you know you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I get to do this trend with AJ, but we genuinely like don't have anything that we like hide from each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel the same could be said about us. You don't really have any pet peeves when it comes to you or recording the podcast. I'm sure you've got plenty about it.
Speaker 3: I think the only one for me is like when you're really tired and then I get mad, we listen and we don't we don't judge.
Speaker 1: The only pet peeve is that I have is your mind sometimes goes one hundred miles an hour and I'll be halfway through, like getting to a point, and then you just take the convert station and I'm like, Okay, well, can we just get back here for a second, But then by the time we get back there, you've already gone over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's me.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm saying the same thing forty times to get to the fucking point. But it's also that's what makes the podcast good is we go on so many tangents, so it's like, not really a pet peeve, but that's the only thing. I'm like, that's about. Okay, we've got to talk about the fucking toothbrush before we get back to what we were talking about before, But yeah, that'll be it.
Speaker 2: Any other questions apes where did you meet?
Speaker 1: Already back to your.
Speaker 3: First episode of high scrollers. Is it the first one? I think it is.
Speaker 1: We've explained it back to the first one.
Speaker 3: And you will know how we met. It's a good story, but we've told it already. Any other questions April.
Speaker 1: To the sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're nearly done, so we have another.
Speaker 1: Oh what's happened here? I was watching that. Oh that's the time. I was seeing how much time we had left on this episode.
Speaker 2: You can come to the park if you know where we are, but we're nearly done. What was your top song on Spotify rapped?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's talk about how Spotify raps? Actually, oh, that's my phone though, because.
Speaker 3: You would know yours off the top of my number one artist? Do you want to know who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: And it's like surprising okay, Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah? But I think because we.
Speaker 3: Went to the aerostour and then the whole way home, I listened and then I went through. But anyway, we can review mine, okay, because I feel like I'll tell you what I hate that you have to watch the whole slide to get to the end bit that tells.
Speaker 1: You the But then if you just go to the end, oh, there's all the details.
Speaker 3: Okay, So top artist for me Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Charlie x Ex, Jimmy Sacks, and Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Who's Jimmy Sacks.
Speaker 2: I love Jimmy Sacks.
Speaker 3: It's like saxophone, like I beat the day club music.
Speaker 1: Mister Sexel be me that guy. Oh yeah, you do love that.
Speaker 2: I remember one time music No.
Speaker 1: One time we were like going out somewhere in Newcastle. I think we're in a Honeysuckle hotel and you went, I've got this great plan last, so I'm going to put on and then it was like just saxophone solo for like forty five minutes, and I.
Speaker 3: Like saxophone house music, like vibes like you're at a day club at six.
Speaker 2: Pm, the sun's kind of going down, you've had ten cocktails.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I were wearing fucking Newcastle, not Ibitha, so it's not giving me the bar dream.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to know what my top song over the year was?
Speaker 3: Yes, because I went through a phase and I was obsessed and it's so random.
Speaker 2: Willow By telling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said after the concert, you were like, that's my favorite song, that's.
Speaker 2: My favorite song. What's one of your Girls.
Speaker 1: Is that Troy Savann?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did go through an obsession with that as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then we Can't be Friends on a Grande and then by Ariana Grande yea ba Yeah, but I can't see what the rest of the other one.
Speaker 2: Is right where you left me Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's probably the song that's after Willow. Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that, like I didn't listen to like them that much?
Speaker 1: How many listens? How many minutes? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Fifty?
Speaker 1: That's more than me? Was it thirty five? Do you play it at work though?
Speaker 2: Like it's due to No, it's not usually mine, but I guess a lot of driving. Yeah, when I drive in Sydney, I play music the whole time.
Speaker 3: And sometimes the music is just like on in the house or on on my desktop computer.
Speaker 2: I just let it play. And do you know something funny about AJ that I just discovered because of Spotify wrapped?
Speaker 3: He plays the same playlist every time, never on shuffle, so.
Speaker 2: His number one song is like the first song in that playlist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same though, Oh I shuffle every time.
Speaker 3: I can't stand like knowing what songs to come next and being so familiar with it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever shuffled and it's the same shuffling all the time, because I've done that where I press shuffle or press on the playlist shuffle, but it's the same order as like the last time I did that. But now I curate my playlists so that it's in a way that like, it's in the order that I want to listen to.
Speaker 3: I saw a TikTok the other day and someone said that their friend doesn't have categorized playlists. They just have one big playlist of all their favorite songs. That's my sister, and it's five thousand songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just likes it's just liked songs. Yes, yeah, Oh my god, I can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: Anyway, shout out to Jimmy Sacks. Okay, if you ever just like want to have some afternoon drinks. It's a hot summer day, play Jimmy Sacks.
Speaker 1: See, I'm into the low fire beats. So the other day I was by the pool and I put my love the we're live, I know, but we haven't even been answering any questions.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is anyone asking anything or they just listening some blink once of your.
Speaker 2: Worried about there's actually a tripe in my bag?
Speaker 1: Are there any other Are there any other questions? She's had them for a seconds? Okay, yeah, sor we did have it on?
Speaker 2: Is there any other questions? By the way falling off, I forgot that we were alive.
Speaker 1: Any other questions, ask questions anyway? I'm really look, there's a perfect example of going off track. But I was going to Sorry, I'm really into the low fire beats at the moment. Some are low fire beats, So that's my recommendation for that. The saxophone Jimmy Sacks. One more question, last one April juiciest one you can see no One. They all being ballroom.
Speaker 2: Are you in the apartment in part.
Speaker 1: My apartment in paramedic because I was going to move there.
Speaker 2: Remember, Oh yeah, yeh. Off to orders of these after no.
Speaker 1: I got a very busy dam I'm very busy.
Speaker 2: One regret from twenty twenty four. One regret from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we actually answer that question, but we do have some episodes coming up that cover that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Any regrets from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I regret not going to more Taylor Swift shows, so ivey, I'm going to have my time over. I'd got everything, you know. I actually no, I don't regret not going more. I regret not buying a more expensive ticket. I remember when the VIP tickets.
Speaker 3: Came out quite far away, weren't we Like I couldn't see her. I was watching the big screen the whole time.
Speaker 1: But we're in the first like tear of the stadium.
Speaker 2: Imagine being a bad vision.
Speaker 1: Maybe I couldn't see her.
Speaker 2: She was blurry to me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would say that like buying, especially after my Kylie Minogue debarcle and seeing you know, and so looking forward to that in twenty twenty five. But I think if I could go back, I would buy a better ticket for Taylor Swift and try and get one of those VIP packages right up the front, because I mean, loved it, so grateful to be there. How much better would it have been if we were up the front? It would have I can't believe we're gonna sit front right at Carlo Mi and Oak, like you don't understand.
Speaker 2: Also, did you see her in the Charlotte Tilbree campaign?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Stunning, She's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: That is so random's Kyli of an Oak modeling for Charlotte Deilbury.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought just perfect. It's because you know, the makeup works on skin of all ages.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 1: You know, I will say as well, let me here's my rant of the week, because I didn't actually do it in the main episode. So obviously new house, we've got a few more bedrooms we've got we have a guest room, so we're going to put our bed that we had in the guest room and we're going to buy a bed for our bedroom. And I bought the bed. Tell me why it's going to take eleven to twelve weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, furniture wait times.
Speaker 1: Are crazy, eleven to twelve weeks. I'm just letting you know so you can put it into context. I will have gone around the country with Kyler Minoak and the bed, like the bed still won't even have come and Kyler Minoau will have haven. So so when you're listening in a few months to the podcast and you hear us talk about our carl Meno experience in the first week of March, just know I still don't have a bit.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because like I always say that there's a shorta is what are you wearing?
Speaker 2: You are a cereal.
Speaker 1: Ideal?
Speaker 2: What have I ever kept a dagon?
Speaker 1: Sorry I said it was so embarrassing. I'll never do it again.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't even my fault.
Speaker 1: It was my management's fault. Call me out like that. I'm not taking it back. First of all, not even didn't even bite Ricardo, shut your mouth, didn't even buy this. Oh hey, J's back, Thank god, come in. We're doing close friends. Can you jump on a mic? This is a mess. I just think about our scrollers listening in the cara, trying to trying to drive to work or whatever they're doing. Imagine listening to this fucking mess of a podcast. Why do you all listen?
Speaker 2: Can you be all right?
Speaker 1: But you know what I do know. We're turning off the live. You don't get to hear what AJ has to sound on the podcast.
Speaker 2: You'll have to wait.
Speaker 1: You'll have to wait until the episode comes out next week. Thanks joining us. Merry Christmas, ho ho hos. Hello, where did you just go?
Speaker 4: Just went home?
Speaker 2: You just went home because our house of the certifier was there?
Speaker 3: Certify there we certified? Or you don't find out not just yet?
Speaker 4: What do you mean there's one thing wrong, they just have.
Speaker 1: To fix it.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: The privacy screen? What about it needs to be restricted?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Too hard to explain?
Speaker 1: What that secretive?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it needs to be moved from one hundred and ten mil to one hundred mil from where the privacy screen.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus screen you got up? You know, the big white like.
Speaker 3: Vertical things in the background of my story on the back deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Aj? What is your one regret of twenty twenty four? Like, honestly, can you think of one? Is there anything that you regret doing up the house?
Speaker 1: Really? What wasn't all worth it? In the end?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of stress, but a lot more great. Do you just wish you paid someone else to do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Well people did do it.
Speaker 3: AJ was there for a lot of it. But he hasn't worked at Faith for like four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just do the book. You haven't worked at Fate for four months? Yeah, I mean work on the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh so you regret it?
Speaker 1: Look how many gray hairs I've got it?
Speaker 2: He has gotten a lot more gray hairs from it.
Speaker 1: It's all right. Get a box style from fucking Mollies. Done, we'll do it. Get April off your truck, go get a box Star from the servo down the road and we'll do it.
Speaker 2: No, yes, oh you do not, Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: There's not many colors, many colors.
Speaker 2: I have never seen it. Box here, get.
Speaker 1: Down to the ready and you got it sorted. And then the only other question we have for you is, by the way, is that your same beer from earlier two hours ago? Yeah, the air CON's pumping in here my request. They knew I was coming. I like it glacial. So we want to know your pet peeve, your want pet peeve about Brittany.
Speaker 2: What's one thing I do that annoys you?
Speaker 4: One song gets stuck in your head and she sings it for about three days straight.
Speaker 3: With April's putting her hand up the song.
Speaker 1: It's one you're like, shut up, paper, I have another prosecco.
Speaker 2: So that's your pet peeve with me, But just.
Speaker 1: The one sentence of the song, it's and it's over and over.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's we deserve each other and.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's fair enough. Like I agree with yours and I agree with yours. Me cutting you off and changing the topic, I'm selling.
Speaker 4: I'll say that one as well.
Speaker 3: I am self aware enough to know that I do that. Okay, it's not like I'm out here going no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I could be defensive, but instead I.
Speaker 1: Agree, okay, not sat thanks wearing that. I can't believe someone called us out for the tags on it? Who didn't take the tag off? Who bought this one? By the way, did you buy.
Speaker 2: This last night's taken it back?
Speaker 1: And then surely I wouldn't judge you if you did. You know, gost are living. You've got to do what you've got to do. It's every man for themselves at this point.
Speaker 2: You know, keep it for Christmas time?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I feel like we've talked enough shit and this episode has. We wanted this to be like a really exceptional Close Friends episode.
Speaker 2: And instead it's just been off right.
Speaker 1: I've been fucking shit. But anyway, you've all listened this fast.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize our shittest episode. Maybe we should ask in the broadcast shattle, what has been our shittest episode of the year, and ask our scrollers to roaster.
Speaker 1: The most boring episode?
Speaker 2: Shall we? None of them are boring?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I wonder if anyone I'm open to people being honest with us. We need feedback.
Speaker 1: So we've been somewhere. I've just not been switched on, as you said, are show up tired? There I go.
Speaker 2: But I'm always there to carry the team, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I appreciate that. I appreciate that I.
Speaker 2: Need you can always count on me to be consistent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: Oh you not so much?
Speaker 1: No, fuck no, But you're self aware about you yes, exactly right. And you know what you all knew what you were signing up for when you did this podcast with me. No even knew, you knew, everyone knew. Okay, so you'll signed the contract knowing full well that you're working with Australia's because Glamison there are going to be some bumps in the road. But here we are eighteen months down the track.
Speaker 2: Have we been doing this for eighteen months? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Almost? We started in what August last year, so that's almost eighteen months.
Speaker 2: I couldn't I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: By the time we come back in January, that'll be eighteen months if we've done the maths correctly. Probably not, but yeah, anyway, let's wrap this ship up. What we'll see you next Tuesday we will
Speaker 4: H