Speaker 1: Lookers in the house.
Speaker 2: Tick for the wizard, just a still get a wizard?
Speaker 1: NICKI Nick, what's it.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: They have done something naughty in here?
Speaker 1: Well it wasn't just us. Nick was caught out when he was going up against your tags on the weekend.
Speaker 4: And he's just in. Nick Watson, the Hawthorne Live Wire, has been fined a thousand dollars with an early guilty plea for flipping the bird to the crowd against Richmond at the MCG on the weekend. He's the third player to be fine for this what the AFL calls obscene gesture, following Harley Read earlier in the season and Bailey Smith twice.
Speaker 1: You're in good company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just sort of came off, heard of it from the crowd and accidentally slipped out of you.
Speaker 3: We've all done it. We've all done it before. In fact, sometimes Jay says things on the air and I don't want anyone to know enough flipped him the little birdie in here, and.
Speaker 1: Then afterwards we go to a song and she goes, that's.
Speaker 5: Not a video.
Speaker 6: I mean, it sounds like there is consistency with the fines because others have been fined for it.
Speaker 2: Still fine for flipping the bird?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how much thousand?
Speaker 6: What I was about to say is I mean it is consistent in that sense, but I find the AFL find system very inconsistent for what they are finding players for. What do you feel like? Do you feel like you've been stiffed? Yeah, well I got more for.
Speaker 5: There was a bit of a malle in the second quarter and a few people got fined for that, So I copped more in that fine than the finger. So it was the expensive game. And yeah, there's a few just like I know, there was a lot of I don't know if you saw there was a lot of players you got fined in that malee And there's some players who didn't even want to bar it. They just got stuck in the middle of it. And then they get did you.
Speaker 2: Get fined twice in one game?
Speaker 1: Yes, this was the moment a.
Speaker 6: Piece of what soon as sicily kicks the guy and on they go very heated between those two.
Speaker 1: In a situation like that is like a tip jar at a cafe. The fine money goes in and divided by the umpires.
Speaker 2: At the end, where does the fine money go?
Speaker 6: I could not tell your wrong person asks it goes into I mean the AFL probably too, it goes into game development charity or to be fire ball shots.
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 3: I didn't see any football I was away on the weekend. Did two people start a bit of a pushing and everyone jumped in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then there was a few people and and then I sort of made my way in and then I got stuck on the bottom with big nank on top of me. So it was pretty scary.
Speaker 2: Did you regret your decision?
Speaker 5: When I saw it on to me, I was like, I'm gonna have to copy? Could you breathe? I was just stressed trying to get out of there. To be honest, how much the game I was three k oh no?
Speaker 3: And when how long did they let you do a payment plan? Or do you have to pay it that front? Can you do after?
Speaker 5: It just comes out of my smellery payments? So yeah, not good. But in the heat.
Speaker 3: Of the moment, sometimes you must do and say things that you go, oh what did I do that for? Did you did like Mum or dad or off the family call you and go what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Nicholas?
Speaker 5: Not really, they more care about me getting in the fight. Not really the thing they heard what they were saying. To me, the Richmond fans, I would probably say, oh for it, anyone would be to be honest. So yeah, they don't really cares more the fight they get scared about.
Speaker 3: Once I was at a Geelong game and there there was some supporters from the other team sitting in front of all the family and friends from Geelong, and one of the players I won't say who it was, his sister stood up and threw a whole box of barbecue shapes at this one brother and she was like it was just instinctive, because I just that's my brother, that's our son.
Speaker 5: You know. I've actually told mom off for that. She normally when well once and then I was like, if you do that one more time, you're not coming home. What did she do there was just like she's just sitting in obviously the game and there was a few people lipping me yeah, and then she turned around. She didn't say she was my mum, but she was just turned around and gave him a bit and then yes, one of my mates told me at the end of the game and I went up to her. I lost her. I was like, ma, if you do that again, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're parents are so embarrassing, aren't they? My Obviously, my brother doesn't play in the AFL. No one in our family is talented enough to do that. But my mum at the footage, she's so vocal. I can't see anywhere near her. It's embarrassing, isn't I went recently and I said it the other I was like, I think you can take these.
Speaker 1: If he were at contacts it's raining or normally.
Speaker 2: Because she spelled on she wouldn't waste to drop.
Speaker 6: I was telling you in the ad break my old man works in Melbourne and he was embroiled in a little Can.
Speaker 1: We hold this story?
Speaker 6: He's been embroiled in the scandal. I'm surprised the AFL has an investigator this.
Speaker 1: If Nick copped a thousand bucks a flipping the bird, your dad should be out of coin as well.
Speaker 5: Do you hear this?
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick break. We'll come back and I let Clint tell her or on the air with Nick the wizard Watson, we are talking Hawthorne. They took on your tigers. On the weekend comes.
Speaker 5: The celebrate the centenarian style, with the eyes of their legends upon them.
Speaker 1: They camp a great afternoon when over Richmond, we got niggad watching in here.
Speaker 2: Now, remember annihilated us.
Speaker 1: Remember last week we were chatting you live with one of the tigers. Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 2: How was the chat after the game?
Speaker 5: You sort of copped it, didn't have a few words to say and just say, don't even he was before me, and he was on the couch and he's just watching the game. He was already on the on the games on fortnite, so he's just like, yeah, fair enough, you guys are too good.
Speaker 3: You guys are very good. Are you more nervous having all those champions there? Because it was all the premiership players?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a I don't know if you saw, we had a pretty cool runout where we all met at the bottom of the race with all the champions around as well, and Sam brought us in for a huddle and we all walked out with all I think that I don't know how many of their of there was there? What of them were? They really did copy hit?
Speaker 2: So it was all the old premiership players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was so, I don't know, there was like maybe one fifty and we all walked up the race. Yeah, I did a good sally for Dipper as well. He was telling me celebration, he was telling me for him and was.
Speaker 3: He diepers Really I could imagine.
Speaker 2: So what did he tell you to do?
Speaker 5: He did a mustache for him and then point to the thing I did it for him. Have loved it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't give him a number.
Speaker 2: My lap a cold Play concerts.
Speaker 1: Remember with a good luck charm too, because every time Nick comes in they win.
Speaker 6: He's worried when we take a break.
Speaker 1: Well, the times we were on a break, you guys.
Speaker 2: Lost, Yeah we did, so we're claiming it.
Speaker 6: A nice little launching pad for the Hawks. Sitting the twenty four points, You've got a very tough game this weekend against the Demons. Beware the d's three in a row.
Speaker 5: The race with your dad pointed out?
Speaker 2: What's your dad done?
Speaker 6: What's for those who don't know, Dad's a he's the head trainer at Melbourne. He's been there for one hundred and twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Is that the headwater boy?
Speaker 6: Well, THEA for important medical assistants Lauren and Dad straps all the boys, all that sort of stuff. But last weekend they played the Eagles out in Perth and Dad was standing in the race with a couple of his idiot mates, and he decided to sledge a former demon, Jaden Hunt, who was lining up for goal deep in the pocket, right hard up against the race. Dad knows him. He used to be worth his favorite, so Dad started sledging him a few choice words. Jaden Hunt kicked the goal and Harley Reid, who is a bit of an agitator, isn't he just came up to Dad and just pointed right in his face as if to say that one was for you. Fat boy.
Speaker 2: Got him.
Speaker 6: So watch out for Dad to say gooday on the field, something nice.
Speaker 2: Or he might get the bird again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Take your fingers together.
Speaker 1: How did everyone pull up after the match? You got a full team going in against Melbourne?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we've got a few people coming back. We had a few concussions the week before, so it will be a couple of tests this week and no injuries. I don't think so looking good healthy.
Speaker 6: I mean you're at the opposite spectrum heightwise to Max Gorn. He's a man giant. How do you contain him? Because he's he's in extraordinary form.
Speaker 5: He's in very good form. So he's meeky as well, So Hopefully it'll be a good battle between them too. But yeah, he's If I see him on the track, i'll try and avoid him. Actually last year I got into a view.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just a bit of fun because us small forwards like to check the ruckmans when they're running and I hate it. So what does that mean? Check? Like, just bump them, just get into them because they hate it, and.
Speaker 2: Give me about hip.
Speaker 1: To avoid the tool players.
Speaker 5: Mate, it's pretty scary.
Speaker 3: Hey, just before we let you go, you're playing Saturday. Sunday is Mother's Day. We're talking about you before. Whata'ts your mom's name?
Speaker 5: Lorry?
Speaker 2: Lorrie?
Speaker 3: What are you doing for Mother's Day? If you thought about a gift? Yed or do you need someone to help you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't thought about a gift yet. I know I'm going back home for lunch and stuff.
Speaker 3: So she's speaking lunch for you on Mother's Day?
Speaker 6: Do the Hawks have a Mother's Day still at Waverly Park where you can go by?
Speaker 2: That's what they.
Speaker 5: Yes, very smart.
Speaker 2: That's what We'll give you some ideas after this someone you can get.
Speaker 3: L l happy Happy Mother's Day, Lorry.
Speaker 2: She's good mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she iss got you one how a present.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Make good luck again. Today's this weekend, Nick the Wizard Watson all the air with us. It's just gone twenty four to nine.
Speaker 6: Jason Laurenson Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials